PP/19) Saving for the Hall (Guild Col Gathering)

3/3 - Sky - 3/3 - Eatos

Sky thought about it, wondering. I mean, it was possible. He didn't know anyone in other guilds though, that was the main problem. He had a few run ins with Kasier, but he didn't really know the guild she was in very well. Other then that, he didn't actually know anyone in a guild.... Well, there was Telrenya as well, but he had no idea about her guild...

"I wouldn't mind us allying with another guild, but the issue is i have no one i know who i can contact to even arrange that" He replies, sighing. He really wanted to get more dam col for his guild hall!!! It was killing him at how slow this was going, but well... We would see how that went over time. Then she said about going to find another monster to kill. It made him laugh a little, she seemed eager, something he hadn't expected from her. 

"It sure is! Lets go, and lets hope we don't find something a little...... well lets just say mean" He said, attempting to crack a bad joke.

ID - 93028 - LD - 10

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stryder wasn't entirely correcy by saying he wasn't sure who to contact. Telrenya. She was part of a stronger guild, and the girl knew Stryder and herself got along. That itself could easily serve as a catalyst to uniting the guilds. The real question she had, was if to tell him or not. She hadn't ever really hid her business-like instincts from Stryder, but she did walk a fine line. She wasn't her parents, but she was similar. Was there a humane way to manipulate Telrenya into getting her guild to ally up with theirs? Probably. She just needed time to think about it. 

"Isn't Tel part of that guild, holy dragon alliance? They could possibly be allies, and we sorta get along well with Telrenya. Maybe you could bring it up with her?" The girl had actively mentioned the name for two reasons, the first being the point itself. The second, being that she could read Stryder like a damn book sometimes. Not only did he have a soft spot for the girl, but there was something else. Something she couldn't put her finger on the 'what', but she could smell it like blood in the water. 

Spoiler

Stryder H0 - 520/520HP | 19/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Eatos H0 - 340/340 HP | 34/34 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 REC | 1 THRN

Forgotten (Loot Standard) 450/450HP - 78 DMG

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2018 at 10:34 AM, Eatos said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

ID# 95995 results:

Battle: 5+3=8 - Hit - All might - 15x15=225 dmg to forgotten

ID# 95997 results:

MOB: 5 - Miss

Stryder H0 - 520/520HP | 35/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Forgotten (Loot Standard) 225/450HP - 78 DMG

Tel... she was part of a guild, but he didn't know her well enough to really ask for an allience. Besides, there guild needed to have something to offer them to make the deal even. 

"Yeah, but what could we offer a guild? Sure, we have lots of members, but most of them aren't really... combat worthy. The only ones capable to survive on there own, it really only is Me, Hei and Crozeph. You can hold your own, but still lack any real damage capability until you get better with that Katana" He said, wincing a little. "Pin will get there one day, but... He is still a little understrengthed. Then there is Fae, i don't like the idea of a Nine year old running around on her own. Thorsten as far as i can tell doesn't really have the strength to fight yet, despite how good he is at most games he plays...." He says, before ducking. The forgotten had tried to attack his back, though Sky had just heard the sound of creaking, his arm glowing blue and he punched it back. 

"I don't want anyone to die on me..."

@Eatos

• 2 weeks later...

Stryder made an, honestly, an annoying good point to a certain extend. It was true that their guild did not have a single member capable to moving to the front lines, not did she want them too. As Stryder said, only three members of the guild were mentally prepared and even then. It was a slight annoyance, and the girl stanced to pace, her Katana placed on her hip as the battle vanished in her mind.

It took several moments, but it finally clicked. Accessing her private notes, she flicked through them. It was a mimic on the storage system Silver used, but she’d added her own little twist to it.

“We don’t have to supply them with combat, outside of maybe a healer or two. We have a wide viariety of stores, we can offer them supplies at a discounted rate in exchange. Compensationated, which I would have to discuss with them, but I can handle that” The girls ambers eyes flared up with confidence “I may not have the killer instincts of my parents, but I know a shot when I see it”

Caught up inher mental game, the girl hadn’t actually taken a swing at the monster they were looting for its gold, although, in part, she questioned why bother. Her damage was barely scrapping into the double didgets…

Sky listened to her, all the while causally parrying the Forgottens attacks. It had already been taken down to half health, and at this point he was just casually blocking and catching punches. She was right, they didn't have to offer them with combat supplies, not yet. But store wise.... There were much more skilled merchants out there then those in there guild, but, it wasn't a bad idea to try.

"You might be onto something... You, Hei and Pin are pretty good crafters... Though there are better ones out there... And we can't expect you all to stop making a profit for the sole reason of making a deal with another guild... And even then, they probably have there own.... Any other idea's?" He says to her before his arm glowed blue, the fist flying forward with lighting speed and smacking the forgotten into a wall, it exploding into a million pieces, and Sky getting a bit more than a thousand Col, the same amount he had gotten from most of these things. 

Spoiler

ID# 95995 results:

ID# 97339 results:

Battle: 4 +3= 7 - Hit - All might - 15x15=225 dmg to forgotten

ID# 97341 results:

MOB: 3-1 =2 - Miss

Stryder H0 - 520/520HP | 19/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Forgotten (Loot Standard) 0/450HP - 78 DMG

Loot - No Extra. 450*3 = 1150

Spoiler

ID# 97340 results:

Craft: 8

Loot: 4 - No Loot

• 2 weeks later...

She knew it wasn’t ‘ideal’, but the guild had little to offer outside of crafting discounts if she was honest. After all, they weren’t much when it comes to combat. Their strongest members had just gotten access to Tier 2, and most guilds aimed at Tier 3 equipment. They couldn’t supply man power, and the one thing they had over some guilds was numbers and crafting.

“Other than crafting, we’ve got nothing that can’t be found. Our one selling point to other guilds is our diversity in professions. If we can’t use that to try ally with another guild, then we have nothing else” It wasn’t good to admit, but that’s just how it was. Their guild was ‘weak’ in terms in combat, but utility was not. Players in the support section, like herself, could be used to help with larger quests as healers, but in terms of damage, they didn’t have much else to sell.  

Turn 1/3 for EN Regen

She wasn't wrong.... They didn't have much other then that, but again, it was something that other guilds had done also. Maybe they could become a Mercantile guild... That would be something that no one else had done yet. That he knew off... A Mercantile guild, they could offer bulk prices, and maybe even provide frontline support... That was always an option, but he didn't start this guild to become a merchant guild, he was wanting to help shelter others....

"Well, if we are offering in the form of goods and services, wouldn't that make us more of a Merchant guild?" He asks her, taking a seat. He didn't even remember where they are, looking around he realized they were in.... a basement? Had they headed in here at some point? Or what? Weird.... but this was slowly starting to feel like it was a dungeon or something, or at least a proper mob spawning area.

• 4 weeks later...

He was right, it would make them much more a merchant guild than a combat guild. However, that works for them. Given that majority of the members within the guild honestly can’t fight high level monsters any time soon, what else did they honestly have?

The girl sat next to Stryder, and the Husky nested down next to her, resting her head on her owners lap. She turned to Stryder, and shrugged “It wouldn’t make us a merchant guild entirely. In terms of allying with other guilds, it’s our only playing card. We’ve got nothing else to offer, and any alliance could prove beneficial. Having allies, support if we need it. They’re important. We’re still the same guild as before, simply…fitting a glove”

Eatos closed her eyes, before looking around and frowning. Where…were they? “Stryder…where are we? I don’t remember entering a place like this, where we are…” The girl didn’t like it, was this, a dungeon? If so, she wanted to get out. Now.

2/3 EN Regen

He really didn't have an answer for where they were, but he didn't remember coming here either. He looked around, seeing a bit of light shining through the roof. 

"I have no idea... But i think we are close to something a little to.... dangerous. As for the guild, its not the worst idea, it really is all we have as a barganing chip... If you know anyone, we should start trying soon to see if we can get a guild alliance going" He says to her, before jumping up and kicking the roof, his strength allowing him to actually break through it... 

Huh, destructable environment does exist here for some things, good to know

After breaking open the roof, which was a broken wooden floor, he jumped up, reaching down and offering her a hand. 

"I say we leave this particular house thingy, i don't really want to see any more of those forgotten things again, and i don't want to end up in a dungeon" 

He was right, or at least, she felt unsafe. Something just felt wrong, she felt it in her bones. Moving up, she watched him punch his way through a roof. She raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. Stryder needed to chill out sometimes, even in times like this. She reached up, taking his hand and using it to haul herself up and out.

“There are a few guilds I could start getting in touch with. The Holy Dragon Allience would be important, but I know a few others I can start getting in touch. If you wanna get access to the front line, then building allies early on is important” She knew it would be the way to get him to listen. She knew, he wanted to get onto the front lines. By mentioning them, she knew it would make him more compliant. “Anyway, I think lets get one more then wrap it up, we’ve been up here for a while…”

3/3 - En Returned this post

He knew about the Holy Dragon Alliance, he had heard a few things about them, mainly that they were a stronger guild. He didn't know much else however, but he wasn't suprised he didn't. It was kind of pathetic for a guild leader, but he normally left all of that area to Eatos. She is a business woman, and has her ear to everything, and he trusted her to find any info he needed, or that she deemed necessary for him to know. It may be his guild, but she was a humongous part of it, and honestly, he knew he couldn't do much without her help.

"Sounds like a plan, on both. Holy Dragon is a definite good start, especially to get us a bit of a grasp on how front lines works. We should attempt to ally with them soon" He said, his face turning into a sly grin, wanting to learn how he could smash the front lines and help his guild become well known.

"Do you want to try the switch again?" He asks after saying that, wondering if she was ready to see if she could do it.

Holy Dragon was far from their best choice in the girls honest opinion. The Holy Dragon Allience, while it didn’t have a huge roster, had powerful members. Telrenya, Ruby, Jomei and Beat serving a key active members. All of them had strong levels, and from her information, were caring individuals. But would that kindness extend to other guilds? It was worth considering, however there were several other guilds that could still prove useful. The guild Embers was in, as well as Hestia. Both of them could prove useful in the long term.

“They’re just one option Stryder. In creating alliences, you cannot afford to be sentimental. The goal in allying with the others, is to ensure our members are safe. They’re members are strong, so when a member of our guild wants help, they’ll be obligated to help. Of course, we’ll be the ‘weaker’ of the guilds, so our negotiations means we may lose out at first. But I can work around that” She took a deep breath as her mind went over as much information. There was so much to do, and she’d need to turn to her information network in order to ensure she had everything. She muttered something outloud to herself in French, before looking up at him.

“Switch…I mean, I can give it another try” She left out how the first one hadn’t gone that well for her…

Sky was glad she was brave enough to give it another try. It wasn't the easiest thing, but he really wanted her to learn it. It was something important for her to know if she planned to be fighting with that katana. Before he said anything about it, he decided to respond to her thoughts about allying with another guild.

"Well.... I'l make it easier for us soon... I plan to join in the next boss raid after the current one is finished.... If i get us some rep and fame on the front, it will give you more to bargain with... I know i'm hopeless with politics, and all of this, i have a good feeling i'm to sentimental... So to help, i'l simply get us something to work with, some presence, then it might not matter so much that we are weaker" He said, his voice carrying confidence in it, but mostly her. He knew she could negotiate anything they needed, she hadn't let him down yet. 

"As for the switch, i really want you to learn. It could possibly save your life, if you take a brutal hit, you will be able to use this to swap hate with a tank. Of course, if that situation ever came up, the tank isn't doing his, or her, dam job and i will smack them for you" He said with a grin, before seeing another Forgotten, trying to hide a few meters away, blocking the door, the way out. He quickly dashed forward, delivering an All Might Punch into it, right as it stepped out, it flying outside. He quickly pushed himself back, calling out "SWITCH"

Spoiler

ID# 99941 results:

MOB: 3 - Miss

ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
99940 3+3=6 Hit - 225 DMG 1 6 7 Stryder Msg_hover2.png All Might targeting Forgotten

Stryder H0 - 520/520HP | 35/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Forgotten (Loot Standard) 225/450HP - 78 DMG

The girl frowned a little. He was always a little surprising. At some points he knew nothing, and other times, he had nothing but knowledge. It often confused her. She smiled softly at him. He was right, having a player operating on the front lines would give plenty of weight to the guild. It would, at the very least, give her a card to play. Something she could use to play up the guilds potential.

“Don’t worry too much about it ok? I can handle that part of the guild” She said calmly. She didn’t want to say the truth, which was that she was surprised he hadn’t pushed the guild into a combat format. It wasn’t something that needed saying.

Then the Switch came back up again, and the girl allowed herself a silent groan. She knew learning how to right was important, but she hated it. She took a deep breath, and tightly gripped her Katana. Stryder threw himself in as she watched carefully, and saw an opening on the creatures side.

“I got it” She said calmly as she swung her Katana in an upwards motion, catching the Forsaken and throwing the creature up into the air, stunning it. In a swift motion, the girl swung to the side, giving Stryder a clear shot at it “It…it’s yours…!”

-----------

Spoiler

ID: 10091

BD: 10 <+2 Crit>

Sword Art: Ukifune 4(1)=6

Stryder H1 - 520/520HP | 35/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Eatos H2 - 340/340 HP | 30/34 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 REC | 1 THRN

Forgotten (Loot Standard) 219/450HP - 78 DMG - STUNNED <Airbourne>

Edited by Eatos

Sky watches as she manages to successfully do the switch, taking his agro along with her own strike, absorbing all the attention, and with her  speed and the sword she was holding, she knocked the Forgotten airborne. Sky quickly took the opportunity to dash up, leaping up above as his arm glowed a bright blue, before, with lighting speed, it flew into the beast, it smashing into the ground with a brutal smack, the beast roaring in pain as Sky landed on it, pixalating it and taking the col and the items he got from it. 

They were outside now, and as soon as Sky looked up, he saw that the sun was setting. They had been out for a whole day, maybe even longer. He couldn't help but just feel exhausted.

"You got it, good job! I think that does us for the day.... Maybe lets just look around for a chest in a few then head back... Whatcha say?"

Spoiler

ID# 100381 results:

Battle: 7 - 225 DMG (All might)

Stryder H1  - 520/520HP | 35/52 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Eatos H3 - 340/340 HP | 30/34 EN | 4 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 2 REC | 1 THRN

Forgotten (Loot Standard) 0/450HP - 78 DMG - STUNNED <Airbourne>

ID# 100382 results:

Craft: 12

(HP * 2) Bonus Col
4 Uncommon Consumables

Loot: 17

Col- 450x3=1350 | 450x2=900
Total col= 1350+900=2250 Col

After successfully stunning the Forgotten, she watched Stryder jump in and kill it. Honestly, he’d been doing that the entire time they were out here. She couldn’t help her curiousity about what level his Sword Arts were. It was safe to say Rank 4, possibly rank 5. Still, it wasn’t her place to know his exact level, even if she was the one running the guild.

“I…I did ok” she said, downplaying it. She’d been getting better with her Sword Arts and combat, but she was no Stryder. She wasn’t that confident charging into most fights, and preferred her role as a healer in the backline. “Yeah, we got a good bout this turn. Heading back sounds pretty good” She wouldn’t lie and say she wasn’t tired, today had been mentally draining on her more than anything else. She was looking forward to her bed, after all, bed meant safety and most importantly, sleep.  

• 2 weeks later...

He was a little upset that she was downplaying herself, it wasn't something he liked seeing others do. There was no room for improvement if you just put yourself down and act like it doesn't matter at all. If you put yourself up, you give yourself more confidence to try more later. He didn't say any of this to her however, having a good feeling he couldn't do anything to make her feel any better.

"So, what do you think of the guild we have assembled so far. They are mostly lower leveled, but a lot of them have heart, whats your opinion on them?" He asks as they start heading back towards the town, readying to head home so that they could finally be done with there mission from today. They had gotten a good haul, and if this ahd been the real world it would have taken a good few weeks to actually count all of what they had gotten, but thankfully this was a game, and it would just tell them,

• 2 weeks later...

The girl looked over at Stryder as he asked his question. What did she think of the guild? It was honestly, ineffective. They were in a death game, people were powering away in the ‘frontlines’ in order to escape and they were putting up with low level players who would, at the end of it, probably not make a huge impact in the completion of this game…

“We have a lot of options” She said calmly, not hint of the thoughts behind her amber eyes “I doubt we’ll reach the front line anytime soon, but honestly, it’s not needed. There are several guilds active up there, so we can just keep where we are. Keeping weaker players safe”

It was a cowards option, and yet, it was her place. Keep the weak players safe. She had no right to be on the front line, and instead, would play her role, would play her part in this death game…

Sky couldn't help but feel a little proud of her. She was definitely getting stronger. She wanted to protect others, which was EXACTLY what he had made this guild for, what they had made this guild for. And they were doing it... But the part about them not reaching the front might not be true, depending how fast he and the others could level. He planned to do it quickly though, and he planned to give there guild some more presence. Then he could work on strengthening themselves more.

Before long, they made it back to the town. He couldn't help but feel exhausted, the moon was visible in the Aincrad sky. He couldn't help but feel a little....Well proud of himself. He had done a pretty big mission today, gathering all the col they could use for the guild hall, and for whatever other expenses the guild could find a use for. Who knew what that might be.... But it was going to happen eventually.

The return journey to the town was short and simple, and Eatos took the col they had gathered with her. Namely so that she could place it within the guild treasury.  After all, that was the purpose to this hunting. Hopefully they would get enough to get a hall in the near future, but if her maths was anything like it was, well…they were a long ways away from securing themselves a guild hall. Time, and more importantly, allies, would need to be made. Who, where? She would have to ponder on those things in the future, for they could change the entire guild and its future…

And Stryder. As much as idealism was important, he had…too much in her opinion. The issue was, control was impossible. Would she simply have to accept that within him? Or would Sword Art Online change his attitude itself? Given its track record, it didn’t look likely.