|F1-PP| "New Friends or Enemies"

As he slowly opened his eyes Shepard could see the morning sun peeking over the roof tops of the building in the town of beginnings. He had fallen asleep on a bench the previous night worn out from grinding mobs by himself again sitting up on the bench he started to talk to himself like he did every morning as if some unseen audience was watching. "Aaahhhh, morning already." Looking around the Market district it seemed pretty normal NPC's and players where already getting started on their respective jobs "man this is getting repetitive it would be a lot easier with a group but it doesn't seem like people are all to interested in low level players these days." With a sigh he stood up straightened his messy black hair the best he could and started for the gate to the fields and forest beyond that. "Maybe today will be different."

((OOC- the posting order will be Shepard, Embers, Rinne, Vigilon))

Edited by Lawrence

Yet another dead damn boar. Embers had come down to the 1st floor for a single reason, to test out her newest weapon. The blacksmith had finally crafted her the Scythe of Dread. Now, her outfit was mostly done. A 4 axed Scythe in her hands, black 'Reaper' armour protecting her. The burning-haired girl smiled as she spun the weapon back onto her back and stretched out her arms. Levelling up itself hadn't been too hard, but doing it along sucked. She wasn't too low of a level, but she shouldn't honestly be on the first floor, these monsters were paper before her. And her weapon, with its 3 damage buff, well, nothing was going to last too long against her on this floor. But, the slaughter of boars was nothing she was against, so why the hell not?

"Ahhh that's a good one, maybe if i kill enough boars, the mom boar will come to stop me. I wonder if i can make bacon out of them, god i could go for some bacon right about now!"

The morning found Rinne wandering around the Town of Beginnings aimlessly, almost completely absorbed by the thoughts in her head. To be honest, she really should be doing something more productive, like going on that one beginner quest that didn't require for her to engage in combat or gathering more information about the higher floors and checking the player-ran shops' current prices, but she was feeling a bit out of it today. Put frankly, she lacked motivation. She'd been relentlessly doing productive things for the past few weeks, so taking a rest wouldn't hurt, right? It didn't help that the temperature was quite cool, the streets were quiet, and she was feeling a bit...sleepy...again.

But once the blue-haired player found herself in front of the town gates, she decided she had some other plans. She forcibly shook herself out of her sleepy state, and brought up her inventory. After tapping a certain item, a small yellow notebook appeared in her hands. She bit her lip as she flipped to a page she had bookmarked. Based on a few player shops' prices: 4 Mats on a weapon, 9 (or possibly none?) Mats on light armor, 7 Mats on a trinket. All Perfect quality. Brings us to a total of...20. Rinne took another glance at the town gates, at the visible area outside the safe zone. Earlier, she had refrained from leaving the safe zone because it was...well, dangerous. But today was different. She had gotten all too bored of staying inside town all day. Besides, many players told her time and time again. Mobs won't attack if you don't attack them first. That's what beginner zones are always like, after all. "Today you're going to be gathering some materials," she said to herself as she returned her notebook to her inventory and equipped her spear. Then, after one last glance at the Town of Beginnings, she walked past the town gates and outside the safe zone.

Spoiler

Current Stats

Level 1
20 HP
2 Energy
4 Damage
2 Accuracy

Equipped

• Starter Assault Spear (+2 ACC)
  •  Starter Light Armor (vanity, no enhancements)

Battle Ready Inventory

• 3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Skills

• 2H Assault Spear [Rank 1] -- +3 DMG, Access to Rank 1 Sword Arts

Known Sword Arts

Spoiler

2H Assault Spear

Rank 1

• [x1 AoE] Sonic Charge (2 Energy) - A forward thrust which explodes energy at the end of the move.
  • [x2 Stun] Twin Thrust (5 Energy) - A pair of quick thrusts aimed at the user's knees to immobilize them.
  • [x2] Heft (2 Energy) - Lift the heavy end of the spear diagonally across your opponent from the ground, cutting their torso with the tip.

Edited by Rinne

Normally, Vigilon would wake up at a decent hour like 7:00 or 8:00. However, it seemed like he had overslept again, as it seemed to be 9:47 when he woke up. "Remind me, life," He thought. "How exactly can I oversleep on a freaking bench?!" He got up, stretched, and gestured for Veriost to climb up on his shoulder. Upon no response, he looked to the side of the bench, and sure enough, the small white frost dragon was still sound asleep. "Get up, sleepyhead," He nudged her awake. "We have another day ahead of us." Vigilon wondered, would he be stuck sleeping on benches for even longer than he originally thought? It was getting tiresome, but it was cheaper than staying at a random lodging. He just needed to start his shop already, and he wouldn't need to be sleeping on benches like a homeless guy. Veriost got up on Vigilon's shoulder, then promptly fell back asleep. He walked over to the town gates, wondering if he would encounter anyone new today.

@Lawrence @Embers @Rinne

As he reached the gate Shepard noticed that there wasn't many players outside of the town this morning in fact there were only three but one them caught his eye more than the others. She was clad in black armor welding a very lethal looking weapon as she dispatched what Shepard could only guess was another pesky boar that the fields were home to. But what intrigued him wasn't what she killed but how effortlessly this red haired girl did it. "Well she can definitely handle herself here" Shepard had gotten into the habit of helping people more than usual after meeting Spidey and Nashoba. And that's when he saw a boar charging at her from behind before he could even think he was already sprinting at it pulling his sword from it's sheath and burying it into the boars side three times before it shattered into pixels five feet from the girl. "Phew that was a close one" sheathing his sword onto his back he noticed the boar nicked his leg doing almost no damage to him. Thanks to that sprint though his hair was messed up again "you should really keep an eye on your surroundings you know." Pushing his hair back with with his hands as he said the words. 

ID# 90702 

Battle: 10 critical hit+2

Mob:9 critical hit+1

R1SA snake bite ×3 DAM| -3 EN

2+(Critical+2)=4×3= 12 total damage

Spoiler

Shepard: HP 79/80 EN 5/8 MIT 5/DAM 2

Boar HP 0/10 DAM/3 dead 

Spoiler

Rank 1

• [x2] Rage Spike (4 Energy) - Strike each target in the vicinity twice in a blinding fit of uncontrolled rage.
  • [x3] Snake Bite (3 Energy) - The user quickly strikes the target with three brisk angled slashes.

Edited by Lawrence

Embers knew the boar was coming for her, she'd thrown a rock at it before killing the boat in front of her. Mostly to test out aggro on monsters, partly because she got bored easily since these boars were unable to injure her. Her armour, Reaper, did its job damn well. That and her weapon, Scythe of Dread, finally had 'blood' on it. Well,  no blood given this damn game, but the point being she was happy to test out her weapon by slaughtering weak helpless boars. 

She spun around and prepared to swing her Scythe at the charging boar, only for someone to take her damn kill! She let out a angry huff as she stared at this player. "And you could do your own and open your eyes" The girl snapped back at him "I saw the damn thing coming, and even if it did get the jump on me, my armour'll take the hit" She was frustrated. She was no flower princess who needed some messy haired prince charming to save her, especially from a boar that could only deal single digit damage against her.

Upon leaving the safe zone, Rinne immediately started looking for materials, taking care to avoid the boars that roamed the fields. She didn't have to walk very far before she spotted a small patch of flowering plants that glowed yellow as she activated her loot vision. On closer inspection, she realized that she had just found a patch of four-leafed clovers. She didn't believe in superstition, but if she picked those, would there a game mechanic that would increase her chances of finding materials on her next searches? Considering the detail of the game environment, there was a possibility that it could happen. Only one way to find out... She went forward and began gathering the materials, taking care to avoid getting too much dirt on her hands.

Nearby (maybe about half a meter away), two players were having an argument. Or rather, a player whose personality was probably as fiery as her hair was yelling at another player who had apparently taken her kill. How amusing, she thought as she paused from her gathering long enough to watch the two players. Her gaze would remain on them until one of the two notices her, at which point she'll look back down at the clovers.

Spoiler

ID: 90732 | LD: 16 (success)

T1 Mats: 1

@Vigilon

Edited by Rinne

Vigilon looked around, seeing some players already out of the safe zone. He noticed something a bit far in the horizon, but whatever it was, Vigilon decided to head towards it to see what it was. He passed the players that seemed to be having a problem, then he realized what shape what he was looking at was, as well as it's distance. "Oh, no, not another one of these...I faced one of those things once already, but I never expected to find one just roaming." It was a seemingly large boar, about a stone's throw from Vigilon by distance. Then the boar noticed Vigilon, and it snorted as it scraped it's hoof on the ground. "Shoot!" The thing was as big as a bull. Vigilon moved to a spot where there were some jagged stones jutting out of the ground's surface, and managed to jump out of the way and the boar crashed into the rocks. Vigilon got behind the beast, and prepared to use Vertical Arc, but he didn't expect the boar to kick at him with it's hind legs. He was knocked down to the ground, and he hoped that this newly started fight would go smoother after this moment.

@Lawrence @Embers @Rinne

ID# 90750 Mob: 2(Miss)

ID# 90751 BD: 2+1=3(Miss)

Spoiler

Vigilon's stats and equipment:

Level:  12
HP:  240
EN:  29(Base[24], Energist[5])
DMG:  6(White blade, Veriost, One handed straight sword Rank 2)

Mitigation: 9(Sunset's Light)

EVA: 1(Sunset's light)

ACC: 1(Karri's Fang)

Recovery: 2(Sunset's light, Karri's Fang)

Bleed: 1(White Blade)

White Blade(T1 Perfect OHSS, 2 DMG, 1 Bleed)

Sunset's Light(T1 Perfect Light Armor, 1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

Karri's Fang(1 Accuracy, 1 Recovery, 1 LD)

Vigilon: HP 240/240, EP 27/29

Enemies:

Large Boar: HP 120/120, 36 DMG (Loot Requirement)

Edited by Vigilon

Great here Shepard was trying to be nice to randoms for a change and this is what he gets for his trouble 'looks like I'm going to have to play that routine' he thought as he heard her complain about how her armor would have handled it. So he just put on a smile and rested his hands on the back of his head "sorry about that, I didn't know you saw it I just didn't want to take a chance if you know what I mean" putting his hands down he let out a sigh "for all I knew you could have been at 1 HP and to many people die out here." And that's when he saw it a massive boar chasing one of the other two players he saw at the gate into an area littered with jagged rocks 'looks like that guy could use some help.' letting out another sigh he looked back at the girl "Hey if your mad ill pay you back at a later date but for now why don't you help me help that guy and take your anger out on that big boar." And with that Shepard started towards the rocks, he got there just in time to see the guy get kicked by the boar. Using one of the rocks he launched himself into the air landing on it's back and bringing his sword down on it's back but it only bounced off it's thick hide. The boar taking notice of Shepard on it's back threw him off and back into the air. When he hit the ground he rolled forward preventing any fall damage and found himself standing next to the player that it kicked. "Looked like you could use an extra hand." offering a hand to the random.

ID# 90752 BD:2 (miss) 

Spoiler

H/0  Shepard HP 79/80 EN 3/8 MIT 5

H/0  Embers ???

H/0  Rinne ???

H/0  Vigilon HP 240/240, EP 27/29

Spoiler

Large Boar: HP 120/120, 36 DMG  

Edited by Lawrence

Embers practically snarled at the boy, how dare he assume she was so useless she was about to die, to a boar of all things. It pissed her off, that some white knight hero thought she needed saving. If she was going to die, that was on her being weak, she didn't need some hero who saw her as some pathetic little princess who needed saving. 

"You'll pay me back by me kicking your ass..." She muttered, intending to just leave him alone and go back into the swing of her weapon. That's when she spotted it, the large boar. She couldn't stop herself and she grinned, ohh this was going to be fun. Mumma pig did indeed come, and it was time for bacon. The red haired girl grinned as she spun her Scythe in her hands, taking a slow step forwards. She didn't honestly care to 'save' the others, she didn't know them so, in her mind, had no obligation to fight. But it was the strongest monster here, so why the hell not?

The girl threw herself forwards, using her Sword art, Whirlwind, to clash across the pigs face. Seconds after her first blow landed, a shockwave crashed into the Large Boar, knocking it backwards as the girl spun her Scythe around in her hands. "That's how you hit your target...." 

@Rinne

--------------

ID: 90762 BD: 6 <Non-crit Hit>

Sword Art: Whirlwind 2EN. 5(2x1)=10 DMG

Spoiler

H/0  Shepard HP 79/80 EN 3/8 MIT 5

H/1  Embers 200/200 HP | 18/20 EN | 5 DMG | 27 MIT

H/0  Rinne ???

H/0  Vigilon HP 240/240, EP 27/29

Large Boar 110/120, 36 DMG

Edited by Embers

Rule number one in video games: if you see a strong mob, move away from its aggro circle immediately. There's no point in fighting a losing battle, especially when there's a possibility of dying. Rinne had seen the large boar approaching, and had stood up, reluctantly deciding to leave the clover patch she had found in favor of her safety. The man clad in sunset orange armor seemed to have thought differently though. He wandered too close to the boar's aggro circle, and as a result, the mob started attacking him. What an idiot, she thought as she watched the boar knock him down.

Another unsaid rule in multiplayer games: if a threat emerges, players should band together in order to eliminate it. They can't let a mob as strong as that wander around, after all. There was always a chance that, if they left the mob undefeated, she would encounter it again, and there wouldn't be anyone to help her kill it within the near vicinity. The two players who had previously been arguing stopped and attacked the boar separately. Only one, the girl with fiery red hair, succeeded and drew the boar's attention to her. Seeing an opportunity, Rinne rushed to the brown-haired player's side. The dark-haired player who had failed to land an attack on the boar helped him up, and she couldn't help but snap, "What the hell were you doing, walking up to a mob like that?"

She quickly opened her menu interface and sent them both a party request. (She would also send the red-haired girl a request once she pauses from attacking the large mob). "Here, let's keep track of everyone's HP," Rinne said. She didn't really care if one of them died, but it would be inconvenient, given the current situation. Once they accepted her request, she saw their health bars appear underneath hers. Well, no wonder a boar as strong as that spawned. Wait, what were players of their level even doing in Floor 1? Wouldn't they get better stuff on other floors?  "Don't mind my level," she would say once they notice her low HP"I'm smart enough to know that a mob like that would one-shot me, so I'll attack once you have its attention." Aside from that, there wasn't much to say. Common sense pretty much dictated that either Vigilon or Embers would be taking the hits.

Spoiler

[Rinne takes no action]

H/0  Shepard  HP: 79/80 | EN: 3/8 | DMG: ? | MIT: 5

H/1  Embers  HP: 200/200 | EN: 18/20 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 27

H/0  Rinne  HP: 20/20 | EN: 2/2 | DMG: 4

H/0  Vigilon  HP: 240/240 | EN: 27/29 | DMG: ? | MIT: ?

Large Boar HP: 110/120 | DMG: 36

Vigilon was hoping to keep the fight away from the other players, especially since he didn't know their levels. Well, it seemed that the two closest players were interested in a challenge. The red haired girl swung a scythe at the beast, dealing damage and drawing it's attention. The black-haired man offered a hand to Vigilon in order to help him up. "Thanks." As soon as he got up, a blue haired player rushed over and snapped at him over walking up to the mob like he did. "I just wanted to see what it was at first, then when I noticed what it was, it was too late. I'm just glad it's towards my level, and not something much worse. Last time I fought one of these big nasties, it seemed to be suited for a level five player. This one, however, seems like maybe it would be suited for a level twelve player or a party of lower ones. Either way, we can loot it if we kill it." Then the player proceeded to...send party invites? That was all but expected. "Um...ok?" He pressed the accept button that appeared on his menu, and looked to where the HP bars were displayed, along with their respective usernames. So far, he saw one. Rinne. Welp, this was a bad time to introduce himself, there was a big boar to slay! He looked over to the boar, and walked close as he said, "Hey! Hey, you pork-snouted big pig! Over here! I'm the one you want! Over here! COME AT ME!!!" The beast ignored Vigilon, and kept it's eyes on the girl with the scythe. "If you won't come at me, I'll just come at you." The boar charged for the red haired player, but missed, and stopped just before it could crash into another set of stones. Vigilon rushed for it, and attacked it from behind, using Vertical Arc. He swung his blade twice at the beast's behind, dealing critical damage and inflicting Bleed. The large boar squealed, and turned to him, eyes and nostrils flaring. "Welp, that got his attention."

@Lawrence @Embers @Rinne

ID# 90765 Mob: 2(Miss)

ID# 90766 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

Vertical Arc- 8*4=32

[2] Vigilon: HP 240/240, EP 24/29

Shepard:  HP 79/80, EP 3/8

[1] Embers:  HP 200/200, EP 18/20

Rinne:  HP 20/20, EP 2/2

Enemies:

Large Boar: HP 78/120, Bleed: 2 turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Shepard helped the guy up "don't sweat it" then a blue haired girl ran up yelling at the poor guy for just walking up to the mob "isn't that what you just did" not caring if she heard him or not, what was up with people today did everyone wake up with a bad mood. She then proceeded to send a party invite to them the guy accepted even though it didn't seem he was all that enthusiastic about it 'why do I keep getting myself into these situations' after he thought it over Shepard decided it was the best course of action at the moment and mashed the accept button all three of there health bars and names now showing Rinne and Vigilon. Suddenly the boar let out a mix of something between a howl of anger and a squeal, looking over just in time to see the red head strike the boar with her scythe then Vigilon struck with his sword art drawing the beasts attention. 'It's time to get serious this thing needs to be dealt with' switching to his cold emotionless persona he lunged out with snake bite scoring a critical again and dealing some satisfying damage and back stepping far enough to prevent a counter attack. Now the boar was angry at him and with no energy left he was in a bit of a pinch. "A few more hits and he'll be bacon" he said while caching his breath.

ID#90798 

BD:10 critical hit +2

R1SA snake bite ×3 DAM| -3 EN

2+(Critical+2)=4×3= 12 total damage

Spoiler

H/2  Shepard  HP: 79/80 | EN: 0/8 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 5

H/1  Embers  HP: 200/200 | EN: 18/20 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 27

H/0  Rinne  HP: 20/20 | EN: 2/2 | DMG: 4

H/2  Vigilon  HP: 240/240 | EN: 24/29 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 9

Large Boar HP: 66/120 | DMG: 36, Bleed: 2 turns, 12 DMG

((OOC- sorry for the bad post was busy today))

Edited by Lawrence

So it was 4 against one yes? If this was against a player, she'dd feel guilty, but considering it was a giant slice of bacon that wasn't cooked yet, there wasn't any. The boat did turn to face her however, and she couldn't not smirk. So it did realize the biggest threat eh? Well, she couldn't blame it. Armed with her Scythe, she was tough. Soon, once she got her Familiar, she'd be unstoppable. But, until then, she was very much mortal as the game Loved to remind her. She saw the boar charge in, and leap to the side right as a party invite appeared?!

Taken aback in her strike, she accepted it as she made her swing at the Boar. However, her strike was deflected by the hide of the boar and the girl let out an angry yell. "Dammit! Stupid creature, i'm gunna tear you apart!" In those moments of inaction, the girl looked at the 3 other players nearby. Two of them were fighting, both the guys, while the female seemed to be just watching them. That's when she noticed her level and it made sense, she was still a low level, weak for this fight.

@Rinne  

Spoiler

H/1  Embers  HP: 200/200 | EN: 16/20 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 27

H/0  Rinne  HP: 20/20 | EN: 2/2 | DMG: 4

H/2  Vigilon  HP: 240/240 | EN: 24/29 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 9

Large Boar HP: 66/120 | DMG: 36, Bleed: 2 turns, 12 DMG

ID: 90809

BD: 1 <Miss> 

Edited by Embers

The HP bars of the temporary party appeared below hers, and she eyed them carefully while waiting for the others to draw the attention of the boar. So far, no one was losing HP and, judging from how everyone simply went in and attacked the mob, no one was a tank with a <<Howl>> skill. Or there was actually a tank, but since no one was losing HP yet, they decided offense was the best defense, and started attacking the boar without <<Howling>>. Rinne watched their HP bars for a bit longer as the boar made its unsuccessful counterattack and wondered if adding them all to a party had been completely pointless. Well, at least I tried to make sure everyone has a higher chance of surviving.

The man named Vigilon could've handled this by himself with little trouble, she realized. Rinne looked over at the brown-haired player as he successfully landed an attack and inflicted a status condition on the large mob. Given how she was speaking to him in an elevated tone of voice earlier, he had responded in a calm and polite manner that almost made her regret it. She didn't hear Lawrence's comment properly, but she was pretty sure the other guy tried to defend Vigilon. Fight now, apologize later, she decided silently.

All three players attempted to land hits on the mob. The two male players succeeded, while the red-haired girl failed. It was only when she was sure they had its attention that she decided to step in and chip away at its HP. The blue-haired girl appeared at the boar's unguarded left side and quickly struck the large mob with her strongest Sword Art <<Heft>>. Then she took a few graceful leaps back, landing just a few steps behind Lawrence, before the boar could turn on her and counterattack.

Spoiler

ID: 90849 | BD:  5 + 2 = 7 (success)

<<Heft>>: 4 x 2 = 8

H/1  Rinne  HP: 20/20 | EN: 0/2 | DMG: 4

H/2  @Vigilon  HP: 240/240 | EN: 24/29 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 9

Large Boar HP: 58/120 | DMG: 36, Bleed: 2 turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Rinne

(OOC: I'm so sorry guys, but since it's looking too easy I'm gonna amp this fight a little...)

This fight was going smoother than first thought to be. Sure, the girl with red hair failed to hit the creature this time, but the large boar would be bacon in no time. Vigilon looked at the boar, which, although aggravated, began looking at it's foes. It was four on one, the boar was outnumbered, the creature stood no chance. Stood no chance alone. The boar made a loud, high-pitched squeal. Vigilon covered his ears at the noise. "Argh! Can't this thing shut up?" However, upon the sound of advancing hoofsteps, he realized was was going on. The stupid boar had called for help. Vigilon looked to the side to see two more of the big nasties. "Well, if anyone has a good or decent Area of Effect sword art, now would be the time to use it..." He started by using his strongest Area of Effect sword art, Vertical Square, and dealt decent damage to the enemies.

@Lawrence

ID# 90856 BD: 5+1=6(Hit) CD: 7(Recovered 2 Energy)

Large Boar called for help!

Large Boars 2 and 3 spawned

Vertical Square- 6*4 + AoE: All three Large Boars take 24 Damage

Bleed Damage: Large boar takes 12 DMG

[2] Vigilon: HP 240/240, EP 19/29

[2] Shepard:  HP 79/80, EP 0/8

[1] Embers:  HP 200/200, EP 16/20

[1] Rinne:  HP 20/20, EP 0/2

Enemies:

Large Boar: HP 22/120, Bleed: 1 turn, 12 DMG

Large Boar 2: HP 96/120, 36 DMG

Large Boar 3: HP 96/120, 36 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Being out of stamina always sucked for Shepard he didn't know if everyone had the same feeling when they were out but for him it was as if he was on the verge of collapsing it took every fiber of his being to hold his sword in his hand. "Guys i need to build up some of my stamina before I attack again." Dam it he hated this feeling he couldn't help anyone in this state and to make matters worse the bloody boar was squelin it's head off and then he realized what it was doing "crap, it's calling for help someone shut that thing up." But it was to late two more oversized pieces of bacon charged in and without thinking about why there friend called for them took Vigilon's AOE attack full on knocking about a fourth of there HP down and leaving the other below it's last fourth. 

((OOC- Vigilon u forgot to add ur hate from ur previous hit.))

Spoiler

[Shepard takes no action]

H/2  Shepard  HP: 79/80 | EN: 1/8 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 5

H/1  Rinne  HP: 20/20 | EN:0/2 | DMG: 4

H/3  Vigilon  HP: 240/240 | EN: 23/29 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 9

Large Boar HP: 22/120 | DMG: 36, Bleed: 1 turns, 12 DMG

Large Boar 2: HP 96/120, 36 DMG

Large Boar 3: HP 96/120, 36 DMG

Edited by Lawrence

In nothing more than a numbers game, they won. Four hunters against a single prey, even in the real world it was an easy hunt. Different to what she was used to, but a simple hunt none-the-less. So it actually made the red haired girl grin when she heard the Boar let out its cry and two more cam storming to the field. Now this was a fair fight, and couldn't contain the grin that ate away on her face. Alone she may have struggled, but with three others, well, it was hunting season and she, like a shark, smelt blood in the water!

She turned to the first boar, the original boar. It was nearly dead, while the others had barely taken a scratch. So the logic was simple. You kill the wounded one first, it was more likely to try something desperate than the uninjured ones. At least, in the real world that was her experience with mountain cats, once you injured them, they would try and take you out with them. So killing it was her option. 

Scythe in hand, she charged forwards, grinning. "Oh let it cry for help..." The girl yelled at the others nearby as her Scythe slashed across the first boars face, landing a critical strike and, after a second, a shockwave slammed into the boar crippling it. Landing on the ground near all 3 boars, the girl simply grinned. A challenge for the boars to get her. "The more of them there are, the more there is to slaughter!"

@Rinne

Spoiler

H/2  Shepard  HP: 79/80 | EN: 1/8 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 5

H/3  Embers  HP: 200/200 | EN: 14/20 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 27

H/1  Rinne  HP: 20/20 | EN:0/2 | DMG: 4

H/3  Vigilon  HP: 240/240 | EN: 23/29 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 9

Large Boar HP: 8/120 | DMG: 36, Bleed: 1 turns, 12 DMG

ID: 90920

BD: 10 <+2 Crit> SA: Whirlwind. 5+2(2x1)= 14 Damage <Boar 1 Target>

Edited by Embers
  • 3 weeks later...

After hitting the boar with her strongest Sword Art, Rinne watched the mob's HP go down. By a mere 8 points. Her eyebrows creased into a frown. By herself, dealing 8 points of damage would've been a big deal already, but compared to the other players who were dealing double-digit damage along with status conditions... "Pathetic," she mumbled to herself. "I'm barely even contributing to the battle..." But she can't back down now. Not when she had her pride to defend.

The large mob, realizing that it was done for, opted to let out a loud squeal. She took a step back and tightened her grip on her assault spear. It was louder than the cries of pain that could be heard whenever the mob was hit, and it was in no way a dying squeal, so that means...!

At the sound of approaching hoofsteps, Rinne found herself inching closer to the sword-user who hadn't joined the others in attacking. Two other boars, as large as the one that had summoned it, charged into the fight and grunted angrily at the players who had hurt their friend. Well...[censored]. If she accidentally drew any of the mobs' attention, she'd be done for. Chances were, the summoned boars were about the same level as the original one. And her basic attack damage was subpar, compared to the other two players who were doing most of the fighting for them. She eyed her EN bar, which had ticked back to 1. One more point until she could use a Sword Art. She slightly relaxed her posture and quietly watched the proceedings of the battle. She wasn't attacking this turn.

Spoiler

Rinne takes no action

H/2  Shepard  HP: 79/80 | EN: 1/8 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 5

H/3  Embers  HP: 200/200 | EN: 14/20 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 27

H/1  Rinne  HP: 20/20 | EN:1/2 | DMG: 4

H/3  @Vigilon  HP: 240/240 | EN: 23/29 | DMG: 6 | MIT: 9

Large Boar: HP 8/120 | DMG: 36, Bleed: 1 turns, 12 DMG

(OOC: If I go on a long absence again, you can skip me)

Edited by Rinne

If there was one thing that wouldn't change, it's that even if Vigilon's attack missed, the first boar was done for. He looked at his energy meter. He still had plenty to spare. Therefore, spamming the use of Vertical Square seemed logical because first, why not? It would be two birds with one stone! Second, there was plenty of energy! "Alright you oversized hams, let's get this over with." All three large boars seemed to agree, in their own way. They all charged for Vigilon at once. He was fast enough to avoid one of the beasts, but not the other two. "I should have kept a further distance, I guess..." He readied his sword, and attacked using Vertical Square. The first boar squealed right before he shattered. The other two boars squealed also, but now they were glaring at Vigilon, and they didn't look so happy... The loot menu appeared in front of Vigilon, showing what the first boar dropped. To Vigilon, this was very poor timing, since the other two boars weren't dead yet. He would split the loot later, and wait until the other boars were killed.

@Lawrence @Embers @Rinne

ID# 91995 Mob: 8-1=7(Hit)

ID# 91996 Mob: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

ID# 91997 Mob: 4-1=3(Miss)

ID# 91998 BD: 6+1=7(Hit) CD: 6(Recovered 2 Energy)

Vertical Square- 6*4 + AoE: All three Large Boars take 24 Damage

ID# 91999 LD: 14, CD: 9(360 Col, 1 T1 Rare Light Armor, and 2 T1 Mats)

[4] Vigilon: HP 185/240, EP 14/29

[2] Shepard:  HP 79/80, EP 1/8

[3] Embers:  HP 200/200, EP 14/20

[1] Rinne:  HP 20/20, EP 1/2

Enemies:

Large Boar: HP 0/120, Bleed: 1 turn, 12 DMG

Large Boar 2: HP 72/120

Large Boar 3: HP 72/120

(OOC: Ouch! I hope I don't regret spawning the other two boars...)

Edited by Vigilon