[PP-F3] Dark Elf Hunt <<Worn Out Welcome>> [Complete]

Krysta was now headed to the third floor for the first time. Could there be something within her league here? New friends and allies? Her current only foe? "I'll just have to find out in due time." When she arrived, she found herself in the Town of Delilah. It seemed like a nice, mostly peaceful town with plenty of floral life blooming all over. It seemed very nice, but she remembered, this is SAO, and quests and dangers were only outside the safe zone that she was in right now. She didn't know if there were any quests to be started in the current vicinity, but she would soon, if not eventually find out. She walked to the center of the town, humming a lively tune, and then she looked around until she spotted a player, walking over to ask about any nearby quests at the least, and possibly have an ally or friend to accompany her. "Excuse me, are there any quests around this town?"

@Mina @Pinball

Edited by Krysta

"Teleport, Delilah." The third floor was open for quite a while now. While Mina had never been there, there were rumors spreading about a low level quest, akin to the quests in the first floor, and which can grant you an equipment as well. This greatly piqued her curiosity, and she was off to her virgin trip on the third floor. Her view turned into white light after the teleport command was given, and seconds later, the light faded out and she found herself in a town looking something straight out of a medieval fantasy. Lush flowers filled the fields, the hustle and bustle of players and NPCs giving life to the place. This certainly was beautiful.

Mina found herself walking towards the center of the town, the cool forest breeze gently waving through her hair. Just then, a female with blonde locks came towards her. "Excuse me, are there any quests around this town?"

"Well, I just came here not too long ago," Mina replied matter-of-factly, stating that she, too, had no clue about the third floor. "But I've heard rumors that there's a low level quest which pays with a good equipment." 

Edited by Mina

Pinball had recently became a cook, and his shop was based on Floor 4. However, Floor 3 had been on his top 5 choices, and now Pinball was walking the roads, nervously trying to convince himself he had made the right choice. Besides that, he was in a relatively good mood, and he was inclined to do something with his day. He spent most of his time taking walks, but his damage was so low that it was really pressing that he tries to level up. 

He eventually found himself in the center of the Floor's first town. Two people caught his attention. Judging from the way they acted around each other, they hadn't known each other for very long. He wanted to talk to them, but, since his debilitating nervousness prevented him from initiating conversations normally, he decided to introduce himself the only way he knew how: by making a fool out of himself. It really was a strange thing that he was a nervous wreck in general, but in smaller groups he had no problem with being the clown. It didn't matter now, there wasn't any point in dwelling on the thought. He had already commited himself to doing this. 

Pinball cleared his throat, twisted his neck in a neck-popping motion, and charged. He screamed as he ran, coming to a complete stop at the two girls. Putting on his most obnoxious, nasally voice, he shouted, "The Jabberwock is coming! Prepare thyselves!

"Oh? Well, I guess we'll just have to find out at some point then. Any thoughts on where it might be?" Krysta now knew that there was a quest somewhere, and it also offered something as well, but the problem, however, was where. "Hm, could there be someone in town who has a problem, or is it something else that triggers the quest?" She was preparing to ask another question, when she heard a sudden noise, followed by a player stopping in front of them, speaking suddenly and obnoxiously. "Ah!" When the shock of the moment ended, she recognized the player from some other time in this game. "Um, the Jabberwock? It isn't a boss or anything, is it? I am rather ill-equipped and in poor strength to be up to the task... Pinball, was it? I remember you from the Halloween party in floor 10. I was looking for quests that I could be able to handle, you see..."

@Mina @Pinball

Mina stepped back, raising her eyebrows in shock and amusement as the new male spoke rather loudly and obnoxiously. But apparently, the girl she had been talking to knew him, and Mina was able to catch his name in the middle of their conversation. Pinball huh... Turning back to the blonde,  she answered her questions truthfully. "Nope... I've completely no idea. However..." Pointing at the male, she directed her next words at him, chuckling softly. "Maybe he knows. He even knows about this 'Jabberwock' thing which we both don't know about. Say, is it a boss monster?" Realising that she had forgotten to introduce herself, she put her hand out, stating her name. "I'm Mina." To survive in this game, what one needed were trusty friends to support each other, especially at higher floors like now. Ignoring her distrustful nature for once (which was why she did quests solo), she continued on. "It's nice to meet you, Mr Pinball and Miss..."

@Krysta @Pinball

Edited by Mina

Damn it. His little joke hadn't been well recieved. Pinball frowned, a bit dissapointed he hadn't recieved the reactions he had expected. They didn't seem to be amused at all, just very, very confused. It was his fault, in all honesty. They both seemed to be rather low leveled. Up until now, he had taken them both to be complete strangers, but the blonde girl was somebody he recognized. She was the one who had startled himself and Fae at the Halloween party. Also, wasn't there like... an argument or something with her? I forget.  "Oh," he then said, snapping his fingers. "You're that one girl who was talking to Fae. What... What was your name again?

Then, the other girl spoke up. The two of them seemed to be looking for a quest, and that was something Pinball was able to give them. "Actually, there is one quest I've been meaning to take, for a while now. Something about an elf and a blacksmith? The quest giver isn't too far from here, actually." Pinball, in a very uncharacteristic, flamboyant movement, took a bow. "Indeed, it is I, Pinball." He straightened, his face bright red, and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Nice to meet you both.

The player who was originally speaking with Krysta answered her with the fact that she didn't have a clue, though Pinball might. "Oh, Pinball, you don't happen to remember any issues back at the event, do you?" She was hoping that the problematic issue wasn't entirely a scene, and that the players were too involved in their conversations to look at the scene which, now looking back at it, would reflect badly on Krysta without detailed explanations. Pinball recognized Krysta, but not her name, which the other player also asked to know. "Krysta. My name is Krysta." Pinball noticed that the two were speaking of a specific quest that he knew was around, and seemed to act as though he knew the location. "Oh, then, how about the three of us take the quest together? We have a better chance at victory with numbers!" With that, Krysta pulled up her menu, proceeding to send the two players party invites. "It's a pleasure to meet you both as well, Mina and Pinball."

@Mina @Pinball

"Sure thing, I'm actually kind of interested in doing this quest as well." Nodding her head, Mina accepted the invite from the blonde, with her name and hp bar appearing below Mina's own. It seemed that Pinball knew a thing or two about the quest related to the rumors on the first floor, and with him in the party, the quest was certainly going to be a breeze. Both of them looked experienced as well, compared to her, judging from the time they spent doing the Halloween quest on the tenth floor. A tenth floor player compared to a first floor player like her? It was a huge gap. Hopefully I won't become a burden.

Doing some kind of exaggerated stretching, trying to lighten the mood, she leaned in closer towards the other two players, grinning. "Damn it, I missed out on the halloween party thing because I was busy grinding the beginner lessons quests. But still, I hope I'll be able to fit in with you guys. I can be strong too!"

@Pinball @Krysta

Edited by Mina

Certainly eager to pair up with people they barely knowPinball observed. He shrugged. He usually assumed he gave off a creepy vibe, at least in the angst-y teenager way. But the two didn't seem to be put off at all. In fact, they seemed excited to do the quest, something Pinball himself rarely felt in the game. The closest he would get to excitement is the rush of adrenaline that followed the initiation of combat. "Y-yeah," the boy stuttered out, accepting the party invite. Pinball realized then that he hadn't answered Krysta's first question about the Halloween party. He measured his response carefully. "You... you did make a bit of a scene," he said, cautiously weighing each word. It wouldn't do to offend anyone yet. He then blushed, a common occurrence he hated that wasn't lost on him in the virtual world.. "I really didn't see much though. I was really just... just eating sweets by myself. What exactly happened with all that?

"You really didn't miss much," Pinball told Mina. "Unless of course, you had friends or something you wanted to hang out with," he then turned again to Krysta, addressing the both of them, "well, actually, Jack did get a little ticked off, didn't he? That might be considered interesting. Also, Mina, my damage output isn't really the greatest at the moment. I hit like a wet napkin. I'll basically serve as a meat shield, if anything." He shook his head and clapped his hands together, exclaiming "Anyways! I think we have a quest giver to find." The boy spun around on his heel, expecting himself to sprint off to the Forge he would find the blacksmith. But, the blacksmith was right there. On the corner of the road. "Oh, there it is," he said sheepishly, pointing. 

Krysta sighed. "I knew it." She didn't want to feel like she ruined a segment of the party or anything, but if that killer never showed up... "I-I'm so sorry! I just- The one responsible for my cousin's death was there! I forgot that I was at a party, I forgot that I didn't have anything combat related equipped, and I just wanted to avenge Leif! He was like the brother I never had! I just couldn't bear to let the one who brought his demise go unpunished!" She was choking back tears, but with little success. Pinball explained that he wasn't good at dealing damage, and would be a much better meat shield. "No need to tear yourself down, I only deal a base damage of four myself!" The party was formed, and it was time to head for the place where the quest would start. Pinball prepared to sprint off, but he pointed sheepishly while noting that the place was right there. As the three made their way to the place, Krysta had but one more thing to say. "So...who will be getting the equipment?"

@Mina @Pinball

Mina was surprised at Krysta's sudden outburst of emotions, due to something that happened on the tenth floor quest the blonde and male both participated it. Her heart ached, hearing bits of the story. So she lost someone dear to her... This game was really cruel, the creator especially, murdering thousands of lives like it was nothing. There was only one way out, to get stronger and to clear the game. One day, they'll be all free.

“I deal a base damage of four too, so we’re all the same.” With a party like this, it’ll be easy to deal with the quest. Walking slowly towards the place, she heard Krysta’s question, simply shrugging it off. “I’m fine with my current equipment! You guys can have it.” Mina loved her black leather armor, light and fitting, made for her specially by a blacksmith whom she owes a favor to. She was determined to climb the castle with this armor until she reached the second tier.

@Krysta @Pinball

Edited by Mina

Pinball made a mental note to get back to the blonde about the loss of her cousin. Statistically, they would all lose somebody In the future. It was a cruel world they had been pushed into, and it was the reality of the situation. He didn't want to push the memories back on her and worsen the mood of the party. He'll gently ask about it after the quest, and if she didn't want to talk about it, that would be that. "I don't actually need the armor either. I have an order I put in with my guild's tailor not to long ago. You can have it, Krysta.With a shrug, Pinball jumped up to the door of the smithy, and held it open for the two girls. "Y'know, ladies first and all that. The quest should be accepted by the party leader, then we can get to it. You guys go on in and accept the quest, I'll wait out here.

Pinball took a seat next to the door of the building, and watched the clouds roll lazily by. He unsheathed his dagger, and the sun hitting the emerald blade temporarily impaired his vision. He hated the dagger, and would soon be rid of it. He just needed the Col to drop the skill, and the points to put into a different weapon. This quest would be one of the many he would need to take if he hoped to get rid of the dagger skill. "It's been a long time coming," the boy muttered.

@Krysta @Mina

Edited by Pinball

Both players refused the armor. Krysta didn't really need it either, to be honest. Perhaps in she would be able to keep it, for the sake of it being available for sale to other players when she opened her tailor shop. After all, tailoring happened to be one of her real life skills, and it might be more comfortable, or have a familiar feel to it, to take up the same profession in the game. "I don't exactly need the armor, but... I might have use for it." Pinball decided to be a gentleman and let the two girls in first. "Thank you." It was right, as well as polite, to thank someone for kind deeds. The blacksmith came up to the two players. "Hello, welcome to my humble smithy. Is there anything you two young ladies are interested in? Custom armor, perhaps?" Since it just so happened to be Krysta who would be getting the armor, she thought about what the light armor would be. "Hmm... Perhaps a white vest lined with detailing the color of silver?"

@Mina @Pinball

Mina followed the blonde into the blacksmith's workshop, nodding at Pinball who had decided to wait outside for the two ladies. It was gentlemanly of him, such courtesy was not seen much in this world, where everybody only fended for themselves, trying to survive. Stepping into the workshop, Mina leaned against the wall as she watched Krysta accept the quest, describing the type of armor she wanted, down to each and every detail. A white vest with fine details of silver. It suited her really well, the whiteness would complement her features and her gold locks. On contrast, Mina was dark haired, wearing a black leather armor, somehow feeling like an alter-ego to Krysta herself. Well, dark and light can go hand in hand with each other, and she believed that both of them would match each other well. The blacksmith accepted the offer, and explained of the materials he needed to gather, pointing out that only a Dark Elf outside of the city will drop that certain material. "A Dark Elf huh... Interesting."

@Krysta @Pinball

Pinball flipped his knife up and down in his hand, whistling as he waited for the two girls. He didn't want to seem rude by taking the lead. He felt like the two girls were more than in their own rights to play leader. It seemed to him that they had already made plans to do this quest before he had rudely interrupted, and Pinball didn't feel like testing his dynamic with the girl. Pinball casually opened the door, his face a bit red as he did so. "H-hey, you guys doin' alright in there? We ready to move out?" Pinball himself stepped into the shop, just to verify the details with his party. "So, we're after a Dark Elf. Just one? Should be easy enough, no?" He smiled with another blush, and held the door open as he walked out of the forge. "Well, we might as well get to it! This Dark Elf isn't gonna kill itself." He had heard about the Dark Elf, from other players, and from members of his guild. By all accounts, it was something even Pinball could probably Solo with enough time, and he was really only good for taking punches. His armor had a bit of MIT, and his level outstripped the two girls he was with (or so he believed), meaning he had higher health. But his DMG output was on the same level as the two of them. 

"Alright, I'm pretty sure the forest we're looking for is somewhere in... that direction," he offered helpfully, pointing in the general direction they would find the Forest of Wavering Mists. He wasn't sure how much they knew about the quest or the Floor, and he also didn't want to seem imposing, so that was all the boy offered in advice. 

"I see. Just a small moment or two..." The blacksmith soon returned to say, "I'm afraid I don't have any of the required materials for your order. However, if you are up to the task, go to the Forest of Wavering Mists, there are Dark Elves in the forest who are always carrying plenty of materials, usually the ones needed to make custom orders these days. If you kill one, I'm sure you will find the materials needed." Krysta noticed that a quest notification popped up on her menu. This was definitely the quest they were looking for. She pressed accept, and Pinball was behind them, ready to set out. He then proceeded to point out the direction of the Forest of Wavering Mists, and Krysta believed she was ready for this, and so were those also with her. "Right then, let's go!" When the three players had reached the forest, Krysta looked around. Such a seemingly mysterious forest. What might dwell within? One of the negative answers was ready to make his move, however. Krysta stopped when a throwing knife buried itself in the ground near her. She looked up, seeing someone in a hooded cloak on a tree limb. It was the Dark Elf, it just had to be!

@Mina @Pinball

[Spawned Dark Elf]

Dark Elf: HP 50/50, 9 DMG

Walking towards the Forest of Wavering Mists with the other two, the blonde suddenly stopped in her tracks, prompting Mina to unsheath her sword, guarding herself against any incoming attack. The forest was indeed eerie and mysterious, the mists clouding their sight, but not before she spotted a hooded figure on a tree limb. There was a throwing knife on the ground near Krysta as well. "Well, we sure didn't need to go far," Mina exclaimed, dashing towards the enemy, her blade letting out a soft red glow. One-handed sword skill, <Snake Bite>. With the system assisting her movements, she jumped, striking the Dark Elf with three brisk slashes, its HP going down, and also prompting the Dark Elf to reveal a dagger. Swiftly evading the incoming attack, she kicked the creature down on the tree limb it was standing on, simultaneously shouting to the other two players to prepare themselves for battle. "Incoming!" 

Spoiler

ID#91000

BD 7+3 = 10
MD 4-1 = 3
DMG dealt = 4*3 (Snake Bite) = 12

Dark Elf: HP 38/50, 9DMG

Mina: HP 80/80, EN 5/8, 4DMG, 9MIT, 3ACC, 1EVA, 1HATE

@Krysta @Pinball

Edited by Mina

Pinball yanked out his dagger, the familiar rush that battle brings coursing through his veins. The green blade seemed to glow in the mists of the forest. Pinball, spurred to confidence by adrenaline, shouted excitedly, "Alright boyos, let's get 'er done!" Pinball crouched, got into position. His knife glowed a bright green, signalling the beginning of a Sword Art. He was going to stun it. Seeing as the Dark Elf had literally just attacked Mina, it would be a moment before it found the strength to muster another attack. He figured he would make it easier for Krysta by stunning it, effectively cancelling it's next action. He didn't realize until after the attack, however, that there might have been no need for the stun, seeing as it could only really hope to attack one of the three of them per each of their attacks. In simpler terms, they would really be able to unload each of their own attacks until the Elf was able to return this volley with an attack of its own. Nonetheless, he unleashed his Sword Art, and, hit the Dark Elf, nearly missing. But, it was a solid hit, and the Dark Elf dropped to its knee, the effect registering. "I'll keep the stuns coming as much as I can! Hopefully you guys can get enough damage in until I run outta energy.

He jumped backwards, smiling. Battle was one thing in SAO that he truly understood; the one constant. He gave Krysta enough space to attack, and waited in anticipation, his grip on the Emerald Shiv an unrelenting clamp.

Stats n' Stuff:

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 10 | HP: 200 | EN: 20 | MIT: 9 | DMG: 3

Equipped: 

• Plain Leather Armor: 9 MIT {1 Slot} 
  • Cloak of the Harbingers: +3 LD {3 Slots} 
  • Emerald Shiv: + 1 DMG, +1 ACC {2 Slots} 

Skills: 

• Dagger Skill ~ Rank 1
  • Fishing 

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• {5} Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality ~ +40 HP

Combat n' Stuff:

Spoiler

~COMBAT~

ID# 91005

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 (Hit!) 

Pinball uses <<Side Bite>>, 3 * 2 = 6 Dmg! Dark Elf stunned for {1} turn. 

- 5 EN

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

{Stunned} Dark Elf: HP 32/50 / 9 DMG

- Players -

{H:1} Mina: HP 80/80 / EN 5/8 4 DMG / 9 MIT / 3 ACC 1 EVA

{H:1} Pinball: HP 200/200 / EN 15/20 / 3 DMG / 9 MIT 

Krysta: ???

((@Krysta, you're up :3))

Edited by Pinball

Krysta watched as the two players immediately rushed for their enemy. Mina attacked him with snake bite, knocking him to the ground, then he pulled out a dagger, proceeding to attempt a counterattack, which was swiftly avoided. Mina then shouted for Krysta and Pinball to prepare for a fight. Pinball then struck him with a stun sword art, effectively preventing his next move, and proceeded to say that he would do what he could to keep the enemy stunned. Now it was Krysta's turn to make a move. She prepared to attack with the Rip Ravine sword art, but it seemed that she swung her blade too early. Her second swing missed by an inch. "He was stunned, I should have just gotten closer instead of expecting retaliation!" Too late for that now, she had just used up some energy. If the other two don't finish him off, she'd probably get another chance.

@Mina @Pinball

ID# 91098 BD: 2(Miss)

Rip Ravine: Missed!

Krysta: HP 60/60, EP 4/6 | 4 DMG | 18 Mit.

[1] Mina: HP 80/80, EP 5/8 | 4 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA

[1] Pinball: HP 200/200, EP 15/20 | 3 DMG | 9 MIT

Enemies:

Dark Elf: HP 32/50, {Stunned}

Edited by Krysta

With her current level, Mina could afford to cast only 2 sword arts, which meant that every sword art used had to count. Damn, I really need to level up. Seeing the other two party members dashing into the Dark Elf, with Pinball successfully hitting the enemy and stunning it, whilst Krysta missing it with her sword art, she really should have got closer to the enemy, by mere inches. Thankfully, the enemy was stunned and Mina got in closer, the familiar red glow to her blade gleaming once more. However, the system assist failed on her, with her sword art cancelled after she made the first slash, missing the creature. “What the…” It wasn’t the first time that the sword art cancelled on her halfway, it almost cost her her life when she missed while fighting gorillas on the second floor. Stepping backwards, she kept her guard up, in case the Elf was about to break free of the stun.

@Krysta @Pinball

Spoiler

~COMBAT~

ID# 91099

BD: 2 + 3 = 5 (Miss!) 

- 2 EN

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

{Stunned} Dark Elf: HP 32/50 / 9 DMG

- Players -

{H:1} Mina: HP 80/80 / EN 4/8 4 DMG / 9 MIT / 3 ACC 1 EVA

{H:1} Pinball: HP 200/200 / EN 15/20 / 3 DMG / 9 MIT