[PP-F2] Unexpected Encounter

Morning had arrived after what seemed like a long night. How long exactly had she been on the run? Days? A week? No matter. As long as she was doing what she needed to survive, she couldn't care less about other minor details. She had, however, kept track of the floors she had been to during the time she was on the run. "Floor 1, Floor 3, Floor 2, Floor 4, Floor 5, Floor 3, Floor 1, and now Floor 2 again..." The purpose of keeping track of the times she had gone to different floors was to make sure her movements throughout the floors couldn't become predictable, as that would allow her enemy to eventually find her. "Well, today seems pretty empty at the moment. Nonetheless..." She had decided for herself that she wold go throughout her day as usual. However, she was in for a monkey wrench. Upon coming down to the first story of the Inn, she noticed that it was...busy. There were more people in the room than she would usually end up counting. Usually, she would easily be found in a corner or the like, but even those were busy. It took some time, but eventually she found an empty seat. Beside someone else. "Well, it's a step up from just standing around, I suppose..."

@Rinne

Floor 2, Urbus. Less populated than Floor 1, and the inns, while they were a bit smaller and a bit more expensive, were far less cramped than the inns in the starting city. At least, that's how it was supposed to be. Rinne had been going through her usual morning routine, which mostly just consisted of eating breakfast while planning what she was going to do for the day. Having finished her sandwich, she had flipped through the pages in her notebook while periodically sipping from a small cup of coffee. Then the players started coming in. She didn't mind them at first, but her concentration started to wane when the tables started filling up and the inn's first floor gradually became noisier. Is there an event occurring in the second floor, or something? She twitched irritably as a player sitting in a nearby table let out a boisterous laugh that filled the whole room. This is giving me a migraine... And she couldn't leave, not without finishing her coffee. Any item the inn currently owns can't be brought outside. I am definitely not getting what I paid for, she thought with a sigh.

Then, as if to worsen her mood, a player suddenly sat on the chair situated across her. A female player with flowing dark hair and blue eyes. Probably a higher level than her, judging by her armor. Decent in appearance, but definitely not decent when it comes to attitude. "Hey," the blue-haired player began, her voice holding a slight tone of irritation. "It's common etiquette to ask someone before sitting at their table, you know."

Spoiler

Current Stats

Level 1
20 HP
2 Energy
4 Damage
2 Accuracy

Equipped

• Starter Assault Spear (+2 ACC)
  •  Starter Light Armor (vanity, no enhancements)

Battle Ready Inventory

• 3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Skills

• 2H Assault Spear [Rank 1] -- +3 DMG, Access to Rank 1 Sword Arts

Known Sword Arts

Spoiler

2H Assault Spear

Rank 1

• [x1 AoE] Sonic Charge (2 Energy) - A forward thrust which explodes energy at the end of the move.
  • [x2 Stun] Twin Thrust (5 Energy) - A pair of quick thrusts aimed at the user's knees to immobilize them.
  • [x2] Heft (2 Energy) - Lift the heavy end of the spear diagonally across your opponent from the ground, cutting their torso with the tip.

Edited by Rinne

Dazia sat down to be told that it was common etiquette to ask before sitting at someone's table. "Had a bit of a hard night, besides, it's a little, if not a lot, difficult trying to process all of my thoughts, including the ones before my actions, with all this going on around." She said, gesturing those around, loud, oblivious and at least a bit obnoxious. Some were boisterously laughing, others were talking as if they didn't have a care in the world, and there were few that you could obviously see every once in a while at least when it came to inns like this. It was impossible to get drunk in SAO, but were those random idiots over there at the inn's bar trying to? "Normally, I would have just settled for the corners as usual, but they were as busy as any other table in this room. I felt that it would be awkward just standing around however, though I could be wrong..." This was already going south. Right now, she could easily just leave, and go back to gathering and/or training.

@Rinne

The other girl had an excuse prepared. Well, what was she expecting, anyway? Rinne still felt annoyed due to the overly-loud players surrounding her on every side, but she forced herself to look at the situation without bias. Yeah, the girl did sit down at her table without permission, but the blue-haired player wasn't considering many other factors, like the 'hard night' the other player had mentioned and the fact that neither of them could think straight because of all the noise. She was feeling crankier than usual because of the noise and the cramped inn as well. Maybe I should let this passShe let out her frustration with a long sigh and took a sip from her coffee. Just a few more, and she'd get out of here.

"Well, I do agree that it's pretty hard to think straight right now," she said, her voice taking on its usual monotonous tone. She didn't sound irritated anymore, however, which should be a bit of a comfort for the other player. She took another sip from her coffee. "So I guess you could sit here. I'm gonna head out once I'm done, anyway. You should, too, before you start turning into one of them. It's contagious, you know." After a slight pause, she said, "You give off a vibe that's different from those people who would choose to stay in the safe zones forever. Are you also aiming to reach the frontlines?"

The player beside her let out a long sigh. She said that she agreed that it would be difficult to think straight at the moment, in a not so irritated tone. Dazia looked to the side again. It was impossible to even get on with how the day would usually start with this many noisy, idiotic, careless people in the same small inn. What a rotten morning this turned out to be... The player beside her then said that she would be heading out soon, and that Dazia should as well, in order to avoid turning into one of them. Like that would ever happen. Such boisterous, obnoxious behavior wouldn't taint Dazia's behavior in a long shot, and if the behavior was contagious? She had a resistance to this behavioral disease. The latest thing the player had said was that she seemed different from those who keep themselves huddled in the safe zones permanently, then asked if she was aiming to reach the frontlines. Dazia scoffed. "The frontlines? At the moment, they don't matter to me. I just want to survive, by any means necessary."

@Rinne

Flowy Haired Girl worded her response in an interesting manner. But she didn't directly object to Rinne's previous statement about her being different from players who did nothing but stay in the safe zones, waiting for the frontliners to save them all without contributing to their efforts themselves. Plus, it was pretty easy to tell from the girl's armor that she went out of the safe zones often. Perfect. Rinne had been aiming to explore Floor 2's lush forests today, and while she would normally prefer to do so by herself, most of the mobs could kill her in four hits. Three if they got lucky. And the player sitting across her seemed high-leveled enough to handle the floor's mobs. She just hoped the dark-haired girl would be willing to let a low-level like her come along.

"Survive, huh...? Wouldn't keeping to the safe zones achieve that goal more effectively?" Rinne questioned, the corners of her lips lifting upwards to form a small sardonic smile. "Though I guess some people don't want to fall into idleness." She paused, lazily swirling the remaining contents of her coffee around the base of her tea cup. "I suppose I don't really care about the frontliners either, but it would be nice if I could help them. Right now, I just want to see how far I can go in terms of level." Then she lifted it to her lips and took one last sip and set the cup down on the table.

"Finally," Rinne sighed, moving to stand up. Flowy Haired Girl was almost done with her food, so now was the best time to ask. "I'm leaving the safe zone to gain some experience today. Hopefully level up. Would you be doing the same?"

The player beside her questioned Dazia's words in a cynical manner. Then she said that she didn't care for the frontliners very much either, despite that she considered that it would be nice to help them, and wanted to see how far she could go in terms of level. "So she just wants to become stronger? Well, at the moment, so do I. It seems that our current goals line up here, although I'm uncertain as to how long." The girl soon got up, said that she planned on leaving the safe zone to train, hopefully level up, and asked Dazia if she would be doing the same. "Right now, our current goals line up, as it seems that we both wish to grow stronger. There are several ways to survive, but from how I see things, there is only one method that will work best for me. Until then, my main focus is becoming stronger until I can set a goal for myself. In other words, yes, I intend to do the same."

@Rinne