(F4/F2/F_-PP) Regaining a lost skill <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Stryder, Thorsten)

Spoiler

<<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2

This quest is repeatable (to help only)

o3mxo4I.png

To start the quest, the player must first find the quest NPC that has taken residence in a hut near the summit of an exceptionally high mountain at the southern edge of the 2nd Floor. If the player accepts the quest, the NPC takes the player outside to a 2 meter-high rock with a diameter of about 1.5 meters and almost as tough as an Immortal Object. There, the NPC reveals that the player must split the rock into two using only their fists and then proceeds to paint whiskers with quick-drying paint on the player’s face, claiming that the whiskers cannot be removed until the rock is split. If the player does manage to split the rock, they are rewarded with the Extra Skill.

Good luck Players!

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-Must destroy <<The Boulder>> using only your fists. Thus damage bonuses such as Athletics apply, but your weapon skill rank does not, nor can you use any sword arts.

The Boulder Information:

<<The Boulder>> is a respawning Quest object and has the following statistics:

HP: 50

Rewards:

1. Party Leader will be gifted the Extra Skill, <<Martial Arts>>

2. 1 Skill Point

Parties of players are advised.

Recommended Level: Any

Silver walked the Fourth Floor of the Castle Aincrad. He wondered as to how his guild leader and friend had achieved his immaculate skills for martial arts. He decided he would send a message to the man and ask.
“My dearest Stryder,
I message you with a burning question, one that I feel it is time I find the answer to. How is it that you got your skills at martial arts? Surely, there is some quest I am to do if I will be able to gain this skill. I implore you to assist me in achieving this answer and humbly ask for you assistance in obtaining the skill. If you have no quarrel with such a request please let me know at your earliest possible convenience.
Regards,
Silver ‘Thorsten’ Zevulum”

And with that he sent the message to his friend, still wondering how it would be for him to go about gaining the powers he once had. Silver decided to climb a nearby tree whilst he waited for a reply. He perched himself as if he were an owl in silent observation of his surroundings. 
@Stryder

Edited by Thorsten

Sky groaned as he woke up, sitting in his shop on the second floor. He had gotten a message from someone.... And when he opened it, he was suprised as to see from whom. It was from Silver, or as he knew him Thorsten. He wanted to know how to get the martial arts skill... He had done that quest a fair few times since aquiring the skill, and never was it worth it... Normally the people just were boring or it got very died down, but.... Thorsten might be someone worth doing it with. He shrugged, before getting up out of bed and sending him a message back, and in the meanwhile sprinting down his massive hill at insane speeds, trying to make it to the floor two warp gate.

Hey Thor, sure i can help you do it, but its gunna be a pain, lucky you have me to help ya. Meet me on the second floor at the warp gate if you can, i'm running there now

Once he sent it off, he looked straight, and ran into a tree.... Groaning, he decided to look where he was goign and continued to run.

Interesting as it was, Silver was pleased to note that he was to meet Stryder on the second floor. He made his way to the transporter, swift to arrive on the floor. He looked around for a moment before locking his sights on his friend from before their imprisonment and adoption into this strange castle Aincrad. Approaching the man Silver gave a respectful bow. “My thanks to your haste in assisting me on this adventure, and my apologies for the short notice in which I requested your assistance. So, my friend, please inform me as to how you have acquire this ability which I am so eager to regain.” Silver smiled at his friend, it was pleasant to have people who knew that dispute his oddities he was still an actual human being with actual feelings.
Silver took a food look at his friend, noticing his sleepy expression. “You look a little weary, my friend. I do hope I  didn't rouse you from your slumber.”
@Stryder

Sky was waiting at the warp gate when Thorsten came through, watching as he walked over and gave a respectful bow. He returned the gesture with a head nod, opening his inventory and sending Thorsten a party invite... Then he went into his inventory. He had something else he would need to give him for this to go easily, he remembered how much of a PAIN this quest was when he first did it.

"No problem man, anything for a friend. I'm a little tired, but its all good, i needed to wake up anyway. For the quest we gotta do, we are gunna need to take a long walk up a massive mountain, but before we even go, i want to give you these"

He says, opening his inventory and opening a trade menu and sending him <<Starlit Waves>>. These gloves were special to him... But he trusted Thorsten... He would give them to him, he just had to hope he didn't trash them or something...

"These were my best craft, one of two. I'l give these ones to you, to keep, until you need an upgrade. It will help increase how hard you can hit, your innate strength will go up HEAPS... Look after them!" He said, smiling as he sent it to him.

<<Starlit Waves>> given to Thorsten

Spoiler

Name: Starlit Waves 

Your Profession: Tailor

Your Rank: 1

Roll ID: 81489

Roll: 12

Item Type:  Hand Wraps (Unarmed Weapon)
Tier: 1

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: + 3 DMG

Description: Handstiched leather gloves that go all the way to the elbow, sort of like long sleeve gloves. They are made out of an extremely light , midnight blue material, and were crafted while viewing the stars, the embedded stars and shapes matching the night sky perfectly. The gloves are soft on the inside and outside, but the gloves increase the wearers innate strength, allowing them to hit, and be stronger then normal. The gloves also emit a small, northern lights color out at all times, the stars seemingly lit up by the light.

Silver smiled at his guild leader, accepting the offer of the gloves. “It is greatly appreciated, my friend. Though I will plan to return them when I find myself with the money needed to get a pair of my own. I believe I will be doing that in your shop as a matter of fact so I will have the ability to return them to you then.” He then equipped the midnight blue handwraps, taking a moment to make sure they were slightly too tight on his arms. “Wonderful! I am curious to see how these fair me. So, Master Stryder, lead the way. I plan to get this skills before nightfall! I have a appointment with Pinball and Spencer within the next week where I may be required to fight some plant creatures.” He motioned for Stryder to lead the way. It was always enjoyable to train with a friend as he was about to do.

+<<Starlit Waves>>

Spoiler

Name: Starlit Waves 

Your Profession: Tailor

Your Rank: 1

Roll ID: 81489

Roll: 12

Item Type:  Hand Wraps (Unarmed Weapon)
Tier: 1

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: + 3 DMG

Description: Handstiched leather gloves that go all the way to the elbow, sort of like long sleeve gloves. They are made out of an extremely light , midnight blue material, and were crafted while viewing the stars, the embedded stars and shapes matching the night sky perfectly. The gloves are soft on the inside and outside, but the gloves increase the wearers innate strength, allowing them to hit, and be stronger then normal. The gloves also emit a small, northern lights color out at all times, the stars seemingly lit up by the light.

@Stryder

Edited by Thorsten

Sky was glad that his friend was grateful, well, more so that his friend was happy that he had these. He shook his head however when he said about returning them. He knew how this game worked, and there was no need for him to do that... Besides, he had essentially quit tailoring, he never made anything good, and he never had the materials to craft. He waited until Thortsten stopped talking, and then started walking out of the town towards one of the HUGE mountains.... This was going to be fun!

"Keep them until you reach my level, its easier then me crafting you another pair. I never have the materials. Besides, i have these accused gloves now, i don't necessarily need those back" He said, smiling as they headed up the massive mountain. He didn't have much else to say, instead just looking at all the greenary they passed by, the beautiful hills and sights. The tree's were lush, the grass knee length and beautiful. He loved this world, it was so beautiful! He always had... and he always would. 

Silver nodded at his companion. “Very well, I shall hold onto them. Though be expecting me in your shop soon with interest in procuring a new set.” The walk up the mountain would be a challenge for some however, Silver had had his fair share of mountain climbing, and this was no different. It wasn’t long before the duo reached the top, a small plateau. “So, my friend, what is it we are to do now?” Silver looked around seeing no more than a large rock. Perhaps there was something he was missing. He checked the tightness of the handwraps once more as he looked around, though he did this subconsciously. It was going to be quite the task attempting to do whatever it was they needed to do. He had no doubt, though he had a sliver of fear of what the task may be. “Tell me, how has your trials in this strange new world gone? You are clearly well versed, seeing as you are a higher level then myself. I have no doubt that you are to have interesting stories.” Silver paused and thought for a moment. “Though, seeing as I trust you quite a bit. I will allow you to, whilst we are completing this task, ask me any question you have about my personal life you wish. I will answer with honesty. However I will reserve the right to deny an answer to your question.”

@Stryder

• 2 months later...

At his shop.... Yeah that wouldn't be happening. He was planning on closing soon, he was done running a Tailor's shop. Hei had that covered, he just had to figure out what he was going to run instead. That... might take time for him to actually come up with and change his profession, if he even decided to change it at all. He didn't have much to say on behalf of that, instead just starting to lead Thorsten up a seemingly endlessly high mountian.

"Fair enough, but i don't really plan to ask to much about the real world. Most people play games, including this one originally to escape the real world, and in a sense we have. Its a new start. As for my trials well.... it hasn't been to easy. The biggest trial i have gone through would be starting my guild up. I haven't really lost anyone yet, or had to deal with anything to tough... Though i can't say my previous gaming hasn't helped me understand how to live here" He says, admitting to using his previous gaming knowledge to help him survive... Though in a world where death is death... That wasn't such a bad thing.