(PP-F2) Upon Wings of Freedom <Feeding the Enemy>

Spoiler

Requirements:

Thread Length: 1 Page/20 Posts

The monster tamed must be smaller than a large dog and within reason. The tamed monster must also be logically tamed, and as such most humanoid monsters will not be tamable. Staff reserves the right to deny certain types of familiars. If you're worried that your familiar may not be approved before searching for it, please PM a member of Staff.

Rewards:

1. The title <<(Insert beast's type name) Tamer>>
  2. A familiar (Possibly, view chart below.)
  3. 1 Skill Point

Familiar Results:
When feeding a familiar, you have one chance to tame a familiar every 15 posts. That means you may only roll the loot die for the familiar on the fifteenth post. If you don't want a familiar that you tamed without buffs, you may kill it and continue searching. Use the loot die(LD) to see if you do. Familiars may only be attempted to be found in intervals of 15 posts of the attempting player.

LD 1 - 10 Failure No monster is found or the taming attempt is unsuccessful.
LD 11-18 Success Monster is found and may be successfully tamed. 
LD 19+ Success Monster is found and successfully tamed. Player may choose an extra skill from the Familiar Enhancements, submitted for approval via the Evaluations forum.

Embers had spent too long thinking about that stupid bird, her mind drifting to Rowan for too many times the past few weeks. More so since two days ago. Before, she was in no place to do anything about it, now she was. Through her own determination, she'd found what she needed. She had a song to bring him in, and she had an item that was supposed to help her tame the familiar. She already knew what it was she was getting, no alternatives would do. A white-tailed Hawk. She'd live most her life with a bird at her side, flying on her adventures and sticking loyally at her side, a priceless trait. Never could loyalty match anything. It was why she usually never let strings hold her down, strings to tie her up.

Yet, there was one string she was pulling. Domarus'.  He'd said he wanted to come, so he would. Ever since she met him, he'd seemed too good to be true. In a way, that made her suspicous of him. No way he'd survive in the real world with his kind giving attitude, or at least, not in her world. Still, she sent him a message. It simply stated a location and for him to hurry up. She'd waited long enough, she wouldn't wait any longer. 

@Domarus 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The moment he had received the message from Embers, he stood up and made his way out of the shop, calling for Keres to follow.  Porvós and Rhozarth followed them out as well.  Domarus did not wear his armor this time, as the floor they were going on was anything but strong.  He wore his simple black t shirt and black pants.  The clothes were rather loose and comfortable, and whenever they were alone Keres would try to find some way to get the shirt wet.  Domarus never understood why she did that, though he suspected that she did so because she liked irritating him.  The truth in fact, was something only girls would understand.  With pain being nonexistent in this world, Keres had to find other ways to satisfy herself.  This was going to be the next step.  He intended to use Embers ties to her pet, as well as the use in teamwork, to make her more interested in joining his guild.  If he was lucky, she'd say or ask something about his guild during this quest.  It could be quite long otherwise.  He reached the teleporter and warped to the second floor.  He reached Embers not long after she sent the message.

"Alright, let's get started.  Finding a familiar with enhancements can be rather difficult, and unless you're lucky, very time consuming."  Keres bowed to Embers.

"It's good to see you again mistress Embers."

@Embers

She hated waiting, loathed it within its entirety. She wanted to get going, but, well..She had to wait for Domaru...actually, no. She had no obligation to wait for him, she had offered to wait but had no need to. She let out a huff as she waited. She wasn't wearing her armour, but casual clothes instead. A white shirt, plain, camo pants and combat boots. It was far from attractive, but it was her comfort hiking gear and that's all she cared about for now. Sure, she could wear herself some skirt and singlet, but it was only Domarus, she didn't have to dress up for him. Not until she smelt interest, then she'd drive him wild....

It wasn't too long of a wait until she spotted Domarus, and of course, Keres was with him. She had, mixed feelings about the maid. Embers felt like the maids entire existence was to mess with her. But, as long as the girl doesn't try anything stupid, embers didn't care too much. "There ya guys are. I'm sure it'll all work out, besides, Rowan'll show up. Of that i have little doubt"

Keres saw the way Embers looked at her and her smile widened only slightly.  Finally, someone she was able to mess around with.  Someone who actually gave a reaction.  It really did help her, messing with other's emotions.  It had become less of a hobby, and more of a way to keep her sane by distracting herself from the fact that she could never feel pain.  Her parents would have a love/hate relationship with this game...  Ugh, they probably moved her to the best hospital and were crowding her body every second of the day.  Luckily she couldn't feel nor hear them in here.  Domarus listened to Embers who seemed to have high hopes before they had made any actions, and she seemed absolutely determined that Rowan would show up regardless of what happened.  Domarus wasn't looking for hope in anyone at all.  He was looking for strength, passion, lasting determination, and results.  Her holding on to the hope like it would happen no matter what was nothing to Domarus.  However for the time being, he needed to make it seem like it mattered.  In truth he could care less about this bird of hers.

"I agree.  Come on, let's get looking shall we?  If we're lucky we may even find a chest or two along the way.  They are a pain to unlock, and the rewards will be low on this floor, but bonus col and materials is still a bonus."  

@Embers

Embers knew, in a way, she was being, ambitious. She was, in part, relying on that damn bird coming to her even though he was in the real world, and she was here, trapped in a game. It was stupid, illogical, yet she was hoping on it. She could yell at herself for it later, but for now, she had a goal. She was getting her familiar. It would have one of those accuracy buffs to ensure she landed her attacks. That was what she knew, much like went hiking. She knew the destination, it was the journey that got her fired up. Mountains, caves, whatever the world would throw at her, she could handle it.

She reached into her inventory and brought up her Familiars Calling, and starting playing the song. She smirked hearing the song, it wasn't her favorite, but it seemed appropriate to use. "Yeah, maybe so, but these mountains just remind me of...well, the past i guess" She shook her head, somewhat annoyed at how much nostalgia was punching her in the face. "I owe ya one for, well, all this dammit...I owe ya a favor, sure it smartly" She started walking towards one of the mountains as she said that. It was a bite at her, she much prefered having people Owe HER favors. But, Domarus had done more than his fair share to help her so, it was only fair. She did try and be equal and fair.

Item used: Bullet Proof Wings (Familiars Calling)

Spoiler

Name: Bullet Proof Wings
Profession: Performer
Roll ID: #90795
Roll Result: 12
Item Type: Song
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect 
Enhancements: Familiar Calling (+1LD on Familiar Quest)
Description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seFu9fQ_-FI (Bullet Proof Heart)
Post Link:http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/15482-floor-4-rank-2-crystalized-passion/?do=findComment&comment=530365

He watched as Embers pulled out a song crystal he knew to be a familiar call.  There wasn't any other song she could have chosen other than that for this quest after all.  As she activated the crystal and started the song that would inevitably loop until they found the familiar, she had smirked and Domarus listened.  Inwardly he was irked and annoyed that she had chosen a lyrical song for this quest.  It meant they'd be hearing the same stupid words over and over, endlessly.  He had chosen instrumental music on his part.  He listened to the words and felt like some of the words matched Embers personality, while others did not.  He wondered for a bit whether the running away bit matched her or was completely opposite.  Soon she spoke again, mentioning how the mountains brought up memories.  Aha, so they were going down memory lane today then?  Fantastic.  Sarcasm of course.  She had mentioned how she owed him greatly for this, which meant that her bird was indeed one of her weaknesses.  If he were to exploit it, it would have to be done carefully.  He smiled to her, honestly and truly.  

"Don't sweat it Embers.  Always happy to help out.  So then, where will our destination be exactly?"  Domarus and Keres would be able to handle any hike or climb.  Keres in particular was very athletic, whereas Domarus' strength far outmatched others.  Rhozarth could fly and Porvós being a snake, had his ways.  Domarus wanted to get this day over with so he could return to training rather than help find and tame a stupid bird.  No one should become sentimental.  Domarus had several memories with Rhozarth, but they both knew that if he betrayed Domarus he wouldn't hesitate to slay the beast.

@Embers

Ember was entirely oblivious to the torture Domarus was going through, unable to see past his face and smile. To her, he seemed like someone who just wanted to help everyone, nothing less. Not that she needed help, but she wasn't prideful enough to reject him out of spite. Rather, she could use him to make her stronger, before overpowering him entirely. The song continued and she found it impossible not to think of the past. Mountains, this song. It was a regular hike with dad, years back. She'd always miss those old days, and the old bastard with them. 

At being asked for a destination, the girl pointed up at one of the mountains. "There'll work" she said simply. She was hoping for it to be a hike, if for no other reason than memories that lived within her. She glanced at Domarus and Keres, wondering if they saw her as weak, before realizing she didn't care too much. She would be herself, and if they didn't like it, they could piss right off. As she started walking, one thing did pop into her mind "Oh, was gunna ask before everyone got in that fight at the halloween event, you're one of those guild people yeah?"

Domarus walked with her with a nod as she nodded toward an area and they began to walk down the path.  It would be a bit longer before they encountered any monster at all so they had some time to talk.  He was a bit curious as to how this monster would react to the taming process.  When Domarus tamed Rhozarth, it was mainly by fighting the creature and proving his strength and dominance over it, before using the system's method of food.  People often forgot that a familiar always started out as a monster, rather than being it's own type of mob.  Rhozarth was a very vicious entity when he wanted to be.  Whether it was his pride he was defending, or fighting for Domarus.  There was one time with the player Vigilon, Rhozarth had received a frost breath attack from the boy's ice dragon.  The creature had certainly learned it's place after that incident.  Domarus nearly chuckled at the memory, however he didn't so that he didn't draw that kind of attention from Embers.  Then Embers spoke up, mentioning a question she failed to ask him at the halloween event.  The question was if he was someone in a guild.  He turned to look at her with a nod before pointing to his guild emblem beside his health bar above his head.

"Any player who has a symbol beside their health bar is someone who's in a guild.  I'm the guild master as I had started it.  The name of the guild, or rather the translation of the Greek version, is Sovereign Union.  Unfortunately no one has been rather active in the guild up to this point, and thus nobody is really joining.  Despite my guild's activity I'm working hard to add others to it.  Hopefully people will see the guild in a new light in the near future."

@Embers

So not only was he in a guild, he was the big wig on top. She pursed her lops as he explained the guild, well, namely the name. Why use greek? It seemed silly not to have a simple name, but then again, most guilds had some ridiculous name that had like two hundred meanings for what the owner wanted of it. To Embers, it seemed overally convoluted. Why not have a simple name, and give meaning through action? Well, guilds were meant to be to help players level up. Even if his wasn't that active, it would be worth getting something of an allience. Plus, if she was going to be trading favors with him, it made sense to have him as close as possible, to ensure he didn't backstab her. 

"Sovereign Union huh? Well, i'll admit i don't know much about guilds and whatever, but if they're what they say on the can, then it might be worth getting involved" It wasn't that she HAD to join, but rather, it would benefit her to do so. After all, the more levels, the stronger she was. "So i'll be joinin', assuming you don't have an issue with a gal like me"

He needed players who weren't lazy, who could hold their own, and who would be active in working with Domarus in all that he did.  Players who were just and pure in the front, and players who were nothing but powerful, strong, intelligent and loyal for his inner circle of players.  There was a moment of silence after he had spoken but it was only a brief moment, and quickly broken again by Embers.  When she spoke her first sentence Domarus grinned inwardly, knowing that he had successfully swayed Embers into joining his guild...  However that wasn't the end of it..  If things went well, he would be altering her personality, and the way she thought about the world.  As well as how she reacted since discretion and secrecy was required for the job, before manipulating her into his inner circle.  She wanted power, that much was clear.  However she didn't know just how much power it was that he desired, and that he could offer her.  That bit however, would be revealed only if she proved herself worthy enough, as well as loyal enough.  When she finally said it his eyes went up a bit, as f he were surprised that a loner like her would join a guild.  However he quickly changed his expression to a pleased one as if he were happy to be working with her as a fellow guild member from now on.

"I have no issues whatsoever with you joining our guild Embers.  Just remember that we don't want to give a bad impression to other players," he said with a chuckle.  He sent her the guild invite and awaited her response if (when) she accepted it he would smile nod to her.

"Welcome to Sovereign Union @Embers."

• 2 weeks later...

Despite joining a guild, nothing in Embers shifted. She had, wondered, if maybe the idea of belonging in a place, would shift something inside of her. But there was nothing, the same feelings of exile and independence she'd forged within herself at a younger age. In a way, she was a tad upset. But there was no point dwelling. She pressed the accept button, and smirked. Well, even if there was no internal sense of belonging, she had people who would help make her stronger. Who cares beyond that?

Embers laughed, loudly, as Domarus gave her a slight warning. In part, she got why. She was far from the kindest person on the block. "Don't worry, i just say it how i see it is all. I'll avoid tarnishing the reputation of your guild if that's what you're worried about" The girl looked at the mountains just ahead, and to the path that made itself clear on the left. However, despite the pre-made path, the girl opted to completely ignore it and head straight into the rocky sections of the mountains. This was more her style. She did one glance back to ensure the others hadn't cowered away from a little challenge like this. 

Despite the fact that she didn't say anything, Domarus could see the disappointment in her when she accepted the guild invite.  Whether it was in regards to him, the guild, or trying to get into the guild.  Or whether it was with herself or the time she was using up, she was disappointed.  The shift in the shoulders, the look in her eyes.  The boredom on her face.  It all aligned perfectly.  The one thing Domarus couldn't figure out was why she was disappointed.  That was the main issue here.  Most people would simply ignore it, but Domarus saw this as an opportunity to learn more about her personality...  And if she was a suitable player to take a seat in his inner circle.

"Is everything alright?  You look a little...  Discouraged, unsatisfied."  When she had spoken her words to assure him he merely smirked.  His words were chosen to encourage her idea of self importance, and power, over Domarus.  Even though it was the other way around.

"Heh heh.  I know Embers.  I don't think you pose any danger to the guild in that regard.  In fact, I think your addition will strengthen our guild greatly."  While Domarus said this, and while the last half of the sentence was true, he himself wasn't impressed just yet.  She showed passion, strength, and determination, but so had others.  There were other players who proved to be a great asset but had vanished off the face of the earth.  He had yet to be won over.  Rhozarth as well wasn't impressed yet.  More than likely she'd need to fight him herself to prove her worth to him.

@Embers

He wasn't wrong, and the way he worded it. She was indeed unsatisfied. She had, well, hoped, she would get a sense of belonging from joining a place like an online gaming guild. People who, often, were similar to her by disregarding standard social rules. But there was no shift inside of her chest, but the fire that had always burnt within. How he noticed, however, was confusing her more than anything. She'd grinned, so how did he know her true reaction? She let out a sigh, before realizing, she didn't care how he knew.

"I dunno, part of me has always wanted to fit in. I thought, maybe i'd feel something joining a gamin' guild. Ohh well, just means i'm still a lone-wolf" It hadn't bothered her too much, but it lingered in her mind for a step longer than usual. She smirked. She was a lone-wolf, a firestorm that burnt itself to solitude. She didn't need anyone but herself. The girl look up at the mountains, and kept going forwards, despite the poor footing that would catch a less-experienced hiker by surprise. To her, ohh this was how it was meant to be. Herself and the world, the elements trying to stop her and her takin them on. It was far from the most interesting hike she'd had, but, well, there was a 'purpose' for this one, unlike most others. 

(Post 13)

As he listened to Embers answer his question he nodded from understanding, whether she'd believe that he understood her or not.  Back when he had first played video games, before he began practicing his skills in deception and manipulation, he also had joined a guild that was open for recruitment.  He had been playing alone the entire time and he had hoped that joining a group would change things for him.  Make some friends and expand his time.  What he found out was nothing more than disappointment.  Not only did he feel dissatisfied with the guild, and felt no change upon joining them, but he found out they were looking for a powerful player and good strategist, in the hopes that said player would make their guild important.  Domarus wasn't like that.  While he was grateful to finally have another player on the guild who was strong, he intended to take all the weak players in his guild currently, and make them strong.  In both heart, mind and level. 

"I understand what you mean.  Our guild isn't exactly large just yet, nor is it strong.  However I do believe I am making progress in pushing players along to get stronger.  And while there is nothing wrong with a lone wolf, I'm sure you joined this guild because you've realized that no one can do everything on their own.  There is strength in numbers, if groups can cooperate and work together.  It is my hope and desire to fight with you, along with other strong players, in our own party on the front lines.  Something tells me you will not disappoint me,"  he finished with a smile.  He had her in his guild, but that was just the start.  He had to get her to a position where she could positively work with others rather than attempting to seize control every minute, or disobey orders.  Trust needed to be established, as well as respect.  Once that happened the rest would fall into place.  If she secretly wanted a family she would in fact receive it.  He heard a sound off in the distance and offered Embers an item.

"If you don't already have an item to aid you, you can use this while looking for your familiar."

Spoiler

Name:  The Void's Eyes
Profession: Artisan
ID:  68497
Roll: 11
Item Type: Miniature Masterpiece
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +3 LD
Description: An Ebony charm dotted with deep purple jewels

@Embers

Well, Dom was right, in...parts. While it was true she had wanted to find out if she had a belonging, she did doubt part of it. There was very little, in this game, that she couldn't do if she desired for it. If she wanted to take this world by bloody storm, she could. She would need time to make herself stronger, but that was of little concern. Back in the real world, she'd worked her body hard, too hard some might argue. But, she got to be unstoppable in the real world, and she would be in this.

At Domarus offer, the girl smirked and raised her right hand. Sitting on her finger was a ring, one he'd made. With the words 'See what you want and seize it' facing him. "I already dealt with that, besides, i take what i want, and get what i want. That's how it works..."

After some time of hiking, she found a small flat section and sat down. She gazed upon the world, well, floor, before her. It was so similar, away from society. Just herself, her wits and power to survive. No other people to slow her down, and even Domarus and his damn maid seemed to be able to keep up. She looked around, but, nothing. No sign of any animal. She let out an angry growl, how dare that damn buzzard...

Spoiler

ID: 92935

LD: 6(+4)=10

Result: No familiar found

Edited by Embers

By now it was clear as glass that Embers not only disliked hiding her emotions and feelings, but wasn't very good at it either.  He wondered what would happen when she found out he'd been playing her this entire time like a fiddle, and that he was more cruel and powerful than she'd believe.  No secrets were safe from Domarus, not even from the most noble and close guarded man alive.  Everything was his.  Everyone had a dark side to them, and Domarus knew how to reveal and exploit them.  The closer you were to the light, the greater your shadow became.  Everyone believes that good people have done nothing horrible in their lifetime, but those people are the ones who want to believe those things specifically because they are hopeful there are people like that.  They were fools who would be consumed by the darkness in one form or another.  When Embers showed him her item he read the words.  And he grinned before giving a nod and returning his item onto his person to help him find some materials.
     "I'm assuming you live by that text seeing as how you aren't one to hide your thoughts, and the fact that you're wearing it.  Just be cautious is all I'll say on the matter."  When they reached a certain distance Embers seemed to slow down a bit as she looked around before scowling.  Domarus Sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder for a brief moment.

"This is where we play the waiting game.  Waiting for your luck to beat the game's RNG system.  I would suggest taking your mind off of the familiar until we find it.  Makes the time go by faster that way...  Unless you'd rather track him," Domarus said, glancing to his flaming dragon familiar that flew in the air.  It's fierce eyes scanning the ground for any hostile mob in the area.  Keres brushed her hand against Embers' own hand as she walked by, smiling brightly to her with a wink before walking over to a tree up ahead with a slight spring to her step.

@Embers

He was damn right. She took what she wanted and if anyone objected, they would have to try and stop her. She didn't care about the 'rules' they lived by, she lived by her own. The rule was simple. If you were strong, you lived. You weak, you die. The girl let out a snort at Domarus and closed her hand into a fist. "Like i said, i take what i want. The rules of society are just that, the rule people who live in cities follow. Take a shot if i give a damn about them city people rules" There was,  in her opinion, only a few good things about modern society. Booze, cute outfits, music and the world beyond it...Maybe the net? 

Waiting game? She hated waiting around doing nothing! The scowl that erupted on her face said as much. "Bloody...gam..." Embers mind was completely sidetracked by Keres, namely the touching of her hand and the wink. What the...? The girl was somewhat stunned, before shrugging it off. Was that maid, taking a swing? She was 90% certain she and Dom were pounding away at each other. "Right, well, we'll go hunt it down. It'll be proud, it'll be mine..." 

Domarus listened to her as she spoke her words of arrogance, power and force.  Speaking of how she would destroy anything in her way and take anything she wanted.  Furthermore how she didn't care at all for city rules.  Domarus had chuckled to this as she continued, not at all hiding her distaste for patience and this game, all with a single comment that caused Domarus to laugh.

"I would be careful Embers.  Most people would disagree with you, and not only that but numbers can very easily overpower the strong.  There are multiple times where the only way to succeed is through patience.  Not sheer force."  He doubted Embers would see the wisdom in this just yet, but she would in the future.  He may need to create a situation where she would always fail unless she practiced patience, as well as a situation where she is overpowered by the weak.  There were multiple instances where only experience would teach individuals.  Not by speaking it to them.  Embers he knew, was one of those people.  Keres had successfully distracted Embers and kept her from blowing up, which was a personal achievement for her.  Domarus listened to her mention how she would hunt it down and that it would be hers.  He chuckled as he nodded and moved forward.  He whistled to Rhozarth who flew forward, now looking for the specified monster.

"A reminder:  All familiar's start out as monsters, so it's very possible your hawk may attack you at first."

@Embers

Sheer numbers would bear her? In the real world, she'd beaten the odds before and she'd do it again. In this world, well, there were other 'rules' she could use as a weapon. While she much preferred to fight, she had a few tricks. "Don't stress yourself about me Dom, i ain't too stupid. I'm gunna start attacking players, i take what i want but even i have limits. I'm not gunna go out and just attack some player who has gear i want, if that's what you're scared off" She had considered the idea, once. But, well, in a game where you die, it wasn't worth it. If people didn't die for real, she'd of turned into a bandit without a seconds hesitation. But, while she couldn't care for the rules, she had her own. Fighting and kicking the crap out of, hell to the yes. But murdering another person for no real reason other than raw emotion, was, questioable. Animals were fare game, but there was something about killing a human, or at least, the idea of killing a human, that left a bad taste within her mouth. 

Embers let out a laugh when Domarus said it could end up attacking her. She was a predator, a force of nature itself. A flame that could erupt at the smallest of sparks... "Let it try, i will know my familiar when i see it. It will be the proud one, who knows when to bow its head. The beast of prey who takes what it wants..."  

So much pride, confidence, arrogance.  The girl wouldn't last in this world until she'd learn her lesson, that much was certain...  He grinned menacingly inside his mind as he came up with the perfect plan.  He'd set a trap for her yes, but also a trap for a couple of troublesome pests he'd been faced with for some time.  He would need time to plan it, but those pests were rather powerful and had been a thorn in his side for some time.  He was wondering if he should summon other players to his aid besides his guild.  After all, these individuals would surely slay his guild, or rather his weaker players.  The question was who on earth should he be bringing with him?  Who could stomach what they would be seeing?  It was a lot for anyone to take in, though Domarus could shrug it off with is indifference.

"No, no, even though it's been a short amount of time I know what you mean.  It was just a small piece of advice was all no worries."  There was a difference between her and Domarus however.  While Domarus couldn't read her mind the difference was there for certain.  The difference was that while Embers didn't care about others, like Domarus, she avoided the action of killing others out of respect of life itself.  Domarus could care less.  The only reason he hadn't killed in his life was his reputation, which was vital to his success.  He only took action if it was effective, and aided him in his goals.  If it didn't help him then he wouldn't take the risk.  There were alternative ways to take someone down.  Some far more gruesome and cruel than a measly killing.  He chuckled when he heard her talk about what would happen when she encountered her familiar.

"Sounds similar to when I met Rhozarth here."

ID#  93119  LD:  14+3=17  Chest found

Domarus spotted a chest nearby and gestured at it with a grin.
     "Let's see what we have here shall we?"

@Embers

Edited by Domarus