(PP-F2) Upon Wings of Freedom <Feeding the Enemy>

Ignorant to the schemes of others, it was a life that she hadn't actively picked. However, it was the curse of the life she lived. She was blissfully unaware of what Domarus had planning, and rather, Embers took a lot at face value. Even Domarus. As someone who lived their life on their sleeve, someone who did the direct opposite was a mystery to her. Beyond her comprehension, and, well, her ability to care.  

The girl looked around for any wildlife, any sign of a familiar to her to claim. But nothing, yet. She looked around, and let out a sigh. This game, was not the real world. Rowan would not appear, but maybe, there would be something instead. The girl grinned. Maybe, just maybe, she'd find something worthy of her. "Your dragon eh? He looks like a stubborn one, that's for damn certain. So you had to fight him for control?" The girl smirked, now that she'd wished to watch "Well, that better be what happens. Anything that just lies down and bows its head, isn't worthy"

Embers frowned as she looked at Domarus, a chest...? "What's in the chest? Some loot or somethin'?"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to Embers talk about his familiar was interesting to say the least.  Of course she didn't get his most dominant trait, though even if he didn't choose to explain it to her she'd find out soon enough.  He was wondering what would happen once they found her familiar.  And if her familiar would fight Rhozarth, or if they would like, or at least respect each other.  Domarus doubted Rhozarth liked anyone other than Porvós.  At any rate they needed to keep the conversation going.  Otherwise they'd both be bored.

"Ha ha.  Indeed, though I feel he's more proud than anything.  There was one kid with a frost dragon a while back.  His familiar shot a blast of icy breath at Rhozarth and he retaliated..  To the point where the frost dragon was terrified of him.  You do not wish to see Rhozarth angry.  And yes, neither of us showed mercy.  Myself because I needed a familiar and I wasn't about to take the quest a second time.  I was lucky to have such a strong familiar." Domarus moved to open the chest when it suddenly came to life and launched at Domarus.  The creature latched onto his hand, dealing a measly one point of damage thanks to his armor.  He just stared at it before pulling his massive ax, and with one hand, swung the two handed ax onto the mimic, slaying it instantly.  He sheathed the weapon.

"Apparently not, just a nuisance really."

@Embers

ID#  93657  LD:  1  =  Mimic  100 HP 30 dmg

ID#  93693  BD:  3+3=6  MD:  8

Edited by Domarus
  • 2 weeks later...

Embers grinned. A frost-Drake and a Fire-Drake. Well, talk about a lovers quarrel. If only they weren't tiny little things. The girl shrugged. Drakes were cool 'nd all, but she wasnt' sure if it was for her. She knew she loved birds, back in the real world, she admired them. But, as she looked at Domarus talk about his Familiar, an idea dawned on her. She had been so focused on Rowan, on her hawk. Maybe, she should accept that she wasn't going to find him? After all, the damn bird was probably just flying around her hospital room in the real world, landing on her shoulder and occasionally peaking at her hair like always. 

"Damn right you are. I've seen some other peoples Familiars, so docile. I couldn't stand something like that..." She watched as Domarus dispatched the fake loot chest. She shrugged, it was hardly a monster worth killing at this point if she was honest with herself. Hell, it died in a single hit. "A familiar should match its owner yes? Which makes me ask, Dom, what drew that Drake to ya?" 

The question itself was asked out of nothing but curiousity. The way he spoke about his familiar was of great affection, yet, the beast seemed too prideful to allow it. Had he quelled it into submission? Forced it to accept his rule and leadership? Or had he, like many other players, befriended his familiar first?

• 3 weeks later...

She seemed to find the story of Rhozarth's lashing out at the annoying frost dragon be amusing, and mentioned.  When she spoke she agreed with his statement in that he was lucky to have found such a familiar, and then mentioned how she had seen many with docile familiar's.  Domarus nodded in agreement to that statement.

"There was one time, when I had attended a valentines event, mainly for the experience that came along with it, there were two familiar's that had decided to start dancing on top of a tortoise in the middle of the floor.  It was, disturbing at best."  Then she asked him a unique question.  One that most did not ask and one that made Domarus feel more comfortable making her a general:  If familiar's are supposed to be a match to the player, what drew the familiar to Domarus.  He grinned cruelly inwardly, but gave a chuckle outwardly.

"I like you Embers.  You ask questions that no one else feels the need to, or don't even think about it.  Your going far, with or without my help..  If I had to give an answer, then I would have to say it would be confidence and strength.  Most players believe that they are strong in levels, stats, gear and skills alone.  I believe there is far more to it than just that.  I never used my sword arts, hell I didn't use any skill when I fought Rhozarth.  There were two familiar's I had been tracking for a while that day, one of them was a massive serpent.  I killed the snake, and forced Rhozarth into submission, which he accepted.  There is a difference between being strong in levels and skills.  And being strong as an individual.  Most of these players if you met them in real life they would need to depend on others for support, protection or encouragement.  I am not one of those individuals.  And I'd like to use that strength to free everyone not only from this game, but from themselves as well...  In a way."

@Embers

Embers confusion was painted by a slight jerk of her head backwards, as well as the frown that consumed her face for many seconds. Two familiar that danced on top of tortoise? What the hell? What were they and how high, or drunk, were they do that that? The game didn’t allow either, so maybe the pets were really like their owners.

Hearing that Dom liked her, the frown was replaced by a confident smirk. Of course he liked her. She was a force of nature and, in his own way. Sure, he didn’t burn like her, no one ever did. But he was no coward embracing his fate. Domarus was a fighter, a warrior. She did have to question if he was like this outside SAO, hopefully he was but maybe, one day. She’d find out for certain.

“Of course you like me Dom. You’re not some spineless idiot. Something tells me you’re like this outside this damn game. I’d use that pet drake of yours as an example, but this isn’t our world. Maybe you’d be able to keep up with me in the real world, we’d have to find out” Embers crimson eyes moved from Domarus to Keres. Her opinion of the maid girl was, to keep her distance. She confused, and slightly, worried her. She was cute, there was no denying that. But, even Embers was cautious.

“I know whatcha mean though. Levels in this game mean nothing, it’s the person who dictates everything. It’s just like the real world, the strong can’t be stopped”  

(Post 25)

Her reaction to hearing about the familiars in the ballroom was just as he expected.  He didn't tell her what his familiars were doing, which was of course spying on players from a concealed area.  Rhozarth from above and Porvós from below.  They were too, frightening of an appearance anyways to be involved with a ballroom valentines day event, so they may as well be useful to him in some way.  Then she seemed to grow more confident and, Domarus might even say arrogant, after his words, and when she spoke she had confirmed the arrogant part.  When she mentioned that he was probably like her in the real world he cocked an eyebrow.  He still needed a facade regardless.

"You would help other players when they'd need it?  Or help others clear out quests and dungeons?"  He asked this in order to prove a point to her words.

"I agree that we are similar in terms of strength, however I also feel like we see the bigger picture in a different light.  I tend to focus on others while you seem primarily concerned with your own welfare, your own survival.  That I believe is the greatest difference between us.  Of course not everyone is the same and you have every right to focus on your own survival rather than others.  It is your life after all.  However..."  Domarus grinned.

"Why not?  Let's clear this game and discover the truth in the real world, how about it?"  Because when they reached the real world she'd be one of his primary generals, and would have a purpose far greater than whatever she was currently shooting for.  Keres noticed Embers look at her and smiled, tilting her head slightly to amplify her cuteness by a hundred fold.  She loved playing with the minds of others and it seemed that Embers was indeed bothered by her.  So she may as well milk this enjoyment before Domarus reels her into the truth.

@Embers

(Post 26)

Would she help other plays clear dungeons and such? Well, it depends. She knew that Dom would do it purely to help, he was kindhearted in nature. She didn't need to spend much time around him to work that one out. Goody-Two-Shoes she used to call people like that, those who are always putting others ahead of themselves. For Embers, there was only a single person who would even be considered to come before herself, and he was no longer alive having died years back. 

"You're god-damn right i focus on me" The girl said cockily "It's simple. I live my life, so why wouldn't i care about just me first? Sure, getting all those other people is great and all, but they won't make you stronger. By focusing all on me, i can't blame no one. I live by my own hands, and, well, in this stupid game. I'll die because i'm weak, not because i relied on people" The 'law' of the jungle was simple and one Embers had lived by . Survival of the fittest. And Embers ensured that no matter what situation she found herself in while hiking, she survived on her own skill and strength. No one to slow her down, and more importantly, no one to lift her up either. 

Embers tried to ignore Keres action, but her crimson eyes were drawn to the maid-girl regardless. There was so much about that girl Embers didn't understand, and in part, didn't want to. Each time she looked, it felt like Keres was inside her mind already. The look of annoyance was unmistakable as it passed over Embers face, unable to keep her feelings from showing. She shook her head and looked back at Dom. "That assumes those front-liners can get stuff done. Somehow i doubt the bosses they're up against are pushovers like the monsters down here..."

The woman was especially quick to enforce the idea of her being selfish in every way.  Which of course was just a sub category of prideful.  She seemed to relish in the idea as well, not at all caring about others in any manner.  Domarus didn't care about others either, but he was intelligent enough to work well with them, and smart enough not to let his distain show.  Unlike Embers however, Domarus did have someone he could loosely define as a friend.  Though Keres was a sort of servant and friend hybrid, seeing as how she craved pain and a cruel master.  Unfortunately for her, she has been denied pain.  So she is forced to find her enjoyment in other people's misery.  When Embers finished with how she'd die because she was too weak, Domarus was....  Well he was somewhat impressed with her determination.  It was one thing to die from being weak, another thing entirely to die from being stupid.  Domarus was neither weak nor was he foolish.  He was slowly growing his guild, even if it was a micro step at a time, and soon enough he would become the most powerful force in SAO.

"Well I hope you don't meet that end, but I highly doubt you'll meet such an end.  Especially if you work with us in the guild.  I guarantee that if you find the perfect combat partner you will never fall prey to the reaper."  Keres watched as the woman reacted to her and mentally grinned.  She started to grin for real but masked it under a fake yawn, and even made a sound to cover her true action.  Domarus shook his head when Embers spoke about the bosses up there.

"I've talked with one or two, and listened to the meetings.  If anything the bosses don't actually have much firepower, only a massive amount of health.  There was only one boss raid in which players died in, and it wasn't even the boss that killed them.  Just a player randomly chopping two others up.  The player's name is Teayre but she hasn't been seen around in a long while now."

@Embers

(post 28)

Try and find a combat partner? Embers raised an eyebrow at the suggestion, partly because it was a double-edged sword. Having a partner like that made the pair of you stronger than if you were indivuduals, sure. BUT what if they let you down, or arent' where you need them? Relying on herself made sure that the only person who could fail her, was herself. "Maybe Dom, but i like to keep things simple. Rely on me, and live. Rely on another, risk dying. Seems pretty simple. Like i said, if i use my own strength. No one to hold me down, or prop me up. That's what dad always used to say" Of course, her dad eventually died for that mentality. Killed on a mission where he went in to secure something, she was never told what, and came out dead. Thankfully, she was able to have a funeral for him as they brought back what was left of the body. What could have been a proper moment into Embers mind came shattering to pieces upon learning the fate of the front-liners, however. 

Embers tried to keep the snort in, and was successful. For about half a second before she snorted and laughed quietly. She couldn't help herself, just some of the things Dom said amused her so much it was impossible to even try deny what she was feeling. The same way she would laugh upon hearing a story that she 'wasn't allowed to laugh at', she just couldn't stop herself. The laugher started trickling out until she took a deep breath. Oh it was too good! Too perfect she couldn't NOT find it funny. "Hahhah! Y-you're kidding right? The only Front-Liners to die, got hit by Pk'ers and not even the boss?" The laughter slowly started to die in her chest, but the amusement was far from gone from her face "Oh man, that's pretty funny. The bosses are just floating distractions" The girl, despite her amusement, made a mental note of the players name. Teayre. A player to either kill, or learn from and THEN kill, depending on her mood at the time. 

(Post 29, search for fam is 31 bc you have 30)

He knew she would be concerned about relying on others, Domarus was too.  However he wasn't worried so much for failure as he'd have failsafes set in stone.  His top priority was their loyalty, and he needed that assurance before they did anything else.  The tricky part was he would only allow those who were strong to join his inner circle, so they needed to be strong and loyal to him.  Of course such a tight requirement was difficult to fulfill.

"True, but you can only do so much on your own Embers.  You will eventually hit a roadblock that you can't overcome on your own.  I'd suggest finding someone you can work well with when that eventuality comes.  I know you, you'll only accept and acknowledge the strong, so I doubt you'll have trouble in that aspect."  Slowly, bit by bit, he'd feed the seed of doubt until she accepted his words as gospel, and looked for a partner.  If it wasn't him he'd challenge them to a duel and prove her how strong he truly was.  If she chose him then that was just less work for him.  She then began to howl with laughter at what he had told her and indeed he thought it amusing as well.  So far the only actual threat in this game was humanity's stupidity and their own bloodlust, distrust, and selfish greed that had been killing people of late.  Monsters and bosses weren't much of a threat at all.

"Indeed.  I hope to get to the frontlines and built up enough reputation to the point where I can change them for the better.  If I'm successful, then we'll be clearing floors far faster than we are currently."  He heard a cry from Rhozarth who was still scouting from above.

"We may have stumbled onto your familiar @Embers."

Embers frowned slightly at Domarus. Why was he so insistent on her finding a partner? Did he think she wasn't strong enough to look after herself!? Or... The grin that found itself onto Embers face slowly ate away at her mouth as an idea dawned on her. Did Domarus have interest in her? She hadn't been trying too hard to lure him in, but if he lured himself in. This insistence into being a partner, and with him suggesting it. Was he trying to get her to ask for him? With this belief in her mind, she couldn't not start coming up with a few ideas. She gave a smirk to Keres, if she could lure Dom to her. That would drive that maid insane, revenge for being inside her head constantly!

"I'll have to see if i find another worthy Dom. To keep up with me, levels don't mean nothing. It's about heart..." She gave him a lazy look, as if implying he lacked the heart to be it. It was a lie, but Embers wanted to see what buttons worked on Domarus. Would she be able to taunt him in, or would teasing work better? Ohh, this would be great fun! The amusement sparkled in her eyes.

But that teasing amusement died instantly as he mentioned the word 'familiar'. Looking around, she quickly spotted the animal that Domarus own familiar had spotted. Up in the sky, flying right towards them, was a bird. Embers couldn't NOT grin as the bird flew towards them. That was a bird of prey alrighty, and not even one of those fantasy ones. An Eagle. It landed on a dead tree nearby, looking at the pair of them.

"Now then, the real question is this. Will you submit to me, or are you gunna be a little pain and try deny me..." Embers raised her arm and whislted. A clear order. The Eagle didn't move. Embers let out a sigh and whistled again. If this Eagle wouldn't acknowledge her, then she would prove herself the strongest. A third whistle and nothing from the Eagle. 

Embers pulled out her Scythe, but didn't bother equiping her armour. She could handle this without needing to resort to that. She gave Domarus a quick glare, an order. To stay out. 

@Domarus

Spoiler

ID: 95585

LD: 11(+4) = 15

Result: Familiar Found, Lacks Familiar Enhancements. 

Edited by Embers

Domarus could see what she was doing, so he'd act neutral about it.  He could not look desperate no matter what.  Which of course he wasn't really desperate, just wanting to speed up production a bit.  While it was true that he needed members for his guild, he'd like to set foundations with the strong before he began reeling in the weaker ones who were far more eager to join than dear Embers was.  Domarus chuckled for a moment and turned to look at her.

"The heart eh?  While it's true that passion fuels all strengths and purpose, it will only crash and burn unless it is guided."  No trace of being teased or taunted.  No trace of being bothered, annoyed or indifferent.  She would not win against Domarus, not by a long shot.  Keres on the other hand...  She walked right up beside her and took Ember's hand and looked her in the eyes.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"  She also gave the cutest and most innocent smile that only the ruthless would harm in any way.  Domarus refrained a chuckle, or a grin and smile.  He remained calm even though he was laughing at how Embers might be handling this.  When they failed to meet her familiar Embers drew her weapon and told him to stay out of the way.  He nodded and backed away to allow her to do so.  Rhozarth landed on a cliff above them to view.  If the bird came after him he wouldn't hesitate to roast it to nothing out of the air.

@Embers

Embers was a little upset Domarus didn’t seem to react to her attempt to lure him in. Did he truly not care for her, or was he simply acting the ‘good guild leader’? In part, she did question was she not that attractive…? No, she was s beast and if he couldn’t find her nice, his loss. Embers smirked at Domarus “You say that like being out of control is always a bad thing. Sometimes you just gotta let loose and see where the bloodrush takes you” It had happened to her enough times, losing track of reality to the blood haze.

Keres’ attempt to fluster Embers, worked, to a degree. What affected her most was the holding of hands. Embers pulled her hand away out of instinct, partly out of fear of Keres. The girl just had this aura that left her uncertain. Cute, yes, but dangerous. “A boyfriend? God no, too much work too keep ‘em happy. All of em tried to control me, so I scraped them” she said as she looked carefully at Keres. What was the point of that question? She doubted the maid was into her, and Domarus seemed to have her number anyway.

Embers eye’d the Eagle, before sighing. It was this way huh? She smirked as she threw herself forwards it, but it took off into the air as she swung and her sword Art, Crimson Rush, missed. The tree it had been was wiped out completely by her strike. With her back turned, the Eagle struck her from behind. Thankfully, her black armour negated the damage. Embers turned around and shook her head "You are a coward, to strike from behind. For that action alone, you are unworthy Eagle. Time to die..." 

Spoiler

ID: 95868

BD: 2 <Miss>

Sword Art: Crimson Rush

ID: 95869

MD: 4 <Miss>

Edited by Embers

Little did Embers understand that it wasn't a lack of attraction that kept Domarus from giving any reaction, but rather a desire to control.  He wanted to show her that while he wanted her on his side, she had no hold or control over him.  Was she beautiful?  Undeniably, but Domarus didn't care at all for appearances.  Was she strong?  Yes but without any control she could never use that strength to it's full potential.  To Domarus it seemed like she was the sort of person to lash out, to strike without direction, only aiming for her enemies.  The question was, could she control herself during combat, and would she be able to determine friend from foe?  That was yet to be answered, and if not then he would teach her.  Maybe then she'd have more of his attention than the others.  And maybe she wouldn't ditch him like the others have.

"In a tight spot, should the situation fit, it isn't a bad thing.  But that strength can be an immense downfall if you rely on blood rage all the time.  Strength can easily be felled by intelligence, strategy, and wisdom, and must be tempered through such."  Keres kept her smile up while laughing hard on the inside at seeing the woman react the way she did.  This girl was trying to get a reaction out of Domarus, but the only emotional reaction she could ever truly get out of him was anger.  There was only two who ever drew anything else out.  Herself when she convinced Domarus to the her his story.  And Esther when he drank the potion.  Keres tried not to laugh when she mentioned guys trying to control her, thinking of the total irony right now, but a snicker did manage to get through.  She played it off as thinking of men and how stupid they were though.

"Sorry mistress, it's just.  I find the thought of anyone wanting to control you a stupid one.  Most guys really are idiots aren't they?"
     "Unfortunately most of the human race is filled with imbeciles.  There are only a handful every thousand who have any actual intelligence or understanding of how this world works..."  He glanced at Keres curiously, wondering the same thing Embers was thinking:  Why did she ask that?  After she charged the bird Rhozarth landed and proceeded to watch this affair.  The only reason he wasn't charging in and tearing the bird to literal shreds was because he was ordered not to by Domarus.

@Embers

Embers shook her head, she didn't agree with Domarus on this one. In battle, a blood haze, at least for her, had never gone wrong. Her body would move on raw instinct alone, and she'd never managed to lose a fight in the real world, why would here be any different? Maybe in Domarus' playbook, that was his world. But in battle, Embers knew herself better than anyone, in this world or the real one. "Yeah, well it's never failed me yet so i'm gunna stick to what i know Dom..." Part of her was indeed being stubborn, but she also knew herself. "I made it clear before i hope, that i do what i wanna and unlike some, i don't deny myself what i want. So, if during a fight, i wanna just let loose. I'm gunna do it" She looked at him with crimson eyes, lazily. As if he posed no threat to her at all. In her mind, despite their level difference, he didn't. 

Keres, well, ironically, Embers liked the maid for her comment. At least she understood, if it was a little ironic given Keres was giving Domarus power over her by wearing that stupid maids outfit. "You're damn right they're idiots. No body tell me what do to, no body makes me do nothing i don't already want to" The violence in Embers eye said it all "I've spent most of my life looking after number 1, and i have no intention of stopping anytime soon..." 

In her laspe of focus, the Eagle struck the girl again. She swing her Scythe, but it was a lazy swing that had no nope of connecting against such an agile foe. Embers simply glared at the Eagle, as her anger started to blind her vision. This stupid bird was REALLY starting to piss her off! 

Embers: 278/280 HP | 16/28 EN

Eagle: 30/30 HP

Spoiler

ID: 95999

BD: 1 (This is why i need an acc familiar)

Sword Art: Crimson Rush

ID: 96000

MD:8

Edited by Embers

Domarus listened to Embers speak and pretty much predicted what she was about to say.  At this point he knew the pattern.  And he also knew that the best way to teach her was through combat, not through speech and lessons.  He could of course set up an ambush or a duel between her and another player killer of some sort.  But no.  He'd been wanting to test out his skills and equipment for some time now.  And the last two players who agreed to combat gave up halfway through, and he'd never seen them again.  Therefore he needed someone who wasn't about to just back off because of his appearance or strength.  Embers fit that bill perfectly.

"Is that so?  Well then, how about we have a duel sometime?  See which is better, to be strategic or go guns blazing.  I'm up for a duel any time you are Embers.  Say the place and time and I'll be there," he finished with a chuckle.  He could see the careless look in her eyes.  She didn't deem him a threat to her.  He could laugh a while at knowing that, as she was not only inferior to him in skills and level, but he also had her under his control thanks to his ability to deceive and manipulate others.  She was a puppet to him.  While she was indeed strong, she seemed to have issues fighting the monster.  Domarus felt he should give her some, 'encouragement'.

"Then again, if you're having trouble fighting a failed familiar..."

@Embers

Embers stared at the Eagle, the bird simply circling around her looking for an opening. She had no idea of his mind, had no idea he planned to do against her. In her mind, her fighting style was perfectly sane and logical. For someone like her, to lose yourself in emotion and let your body do whatever it wanted was normal. In fights, in sex, her body was its own entity and she gave it full permission to do whatever it wanted.

“Us, duel?” She asked. She knew, logically, he would win. He had levels under his belt that she couldn’t stand up against, and did a stupid amount of damage compared to her. But… “You know what, you’re on. You may have levels and crap under your belt, but you’re on” This time, she wasn’t placing any bets. She made that error last time and had to buy drinks. However, the next comment came. Embers growled, rather loudly, a very primal and animal sound and she glared at him.

Within her crimson eyes was a fire of violence, of anger and seething rage. In Embers mind, she found herself lost and she tried to sigh, but it didn't come out as her body moved on its own, driven by emotion. The Eagle made a dive-domb on Embers turned back, and landed a single talon before the girl moved at explosive speed. Spinning around and unleashed her Sword Art, tearing the bird apart within seconds, the monster exploring. She turned back to face Domarus, lost in her blood haze still with a lazy grin on her face. "Wanna say that again?"

Embers: 277/280 HP | 16/28 EN

Eagle: 0/30 HP 

Spoiler

ID: 96238

BD: 8 <Hit>

Sword Art: Crimson Rush (6)9=54 DMG

ID: 96239

MB: 9 <Hit>

Edited by Embers

He raised an eyebrow, expecting them to duel when it was a bit more fair in levels and skill between the two of them.  Yet she either misheard him or seemed to enjoy the idea of a duel and didn't want to wait.  Currently when he activated charge and landed a successful hit, he'd deal most of her health in damage, wining a half loss duel instantly.  Unless he wanted to drag it out a bit first.  There was no contest where they were now.  

"I had meant once you caught up to me in level just a little bit.  But if you're that eager for a duel I won't stop you," he said with a chuckle.  Domarus needed someone to test his current build and gear out on.  She couldn't do that if she was no threat.  He wanted her to get strong for that reason as well.  Otherwise it was all pointless.  Soon she had heard his comment and seemed to, well snap.  She entered what seemed like a blood haze and struck at the familiar, ending it's life.  So if he challenged, mocked or teased her, she had a high chance of entering a blood rage.  Domarus had something over her now, but he wasn't going to overuse it.  The more he lured it out of her, the closer she'd be to realizing what he was doing and learn how to keep calm in spite of it.  He needed to learn precisely how to use this, and when to do so.  She turned to look at him, challenging him in a way.  He simply smiled, showing her that he knew she'd get it the entire time, just needed a little push was all.  He walked over and patted her on the shoulder before moving forward, snapping his fingers for Rhozarth to go scout ahead.

"How about we give it one last search, eh Embers?  If this doesn't work out, I'd suggest putting a pause button on it and getting a song and food item buff the next time around k?"

@Embers

Embers wanted to fight him so badly, wanted to just beat him down with either her scythe, or even better, her bare hands. Gods she wanted to do it so badly, just to prove her damn point. What killed her the most, was that she just straight up couldn’t. The levels in this game meant that he had a simply massive advantage and any fight would hugely one sided.

“Urgh, as much as I wanna just…” The girl took a deep breath, the blood haze slowly wearing off as she returned. Back in control of her own body. She let out a laugh. “Gods that felt nice” she mutters, although, loud enough that Domarus had better of heard it “Ain’t many better things in this world than a blood rush, and I mean a full proper blood rush”. She hadn’t had a single one in this game, and while that one was closish, it was nothing like what a blood rush for her was. The absolute loss of control, allowing her body to do what just seemed, right.

Finally returning to her rational senses, Domarus’ idea did make some sense. There was no point dragging it out any more than she had to, if she failed, she’d make the odds favour her, then come back. “Makes sense Dom…” The girl that cursed and kicked the ground, hard “Really wanted that damn bird today though…”

6 posts to go

Domarus chuckled softly at her simple frustrations and he then saw her beginning to cool/wind down.  He heard her comment regarding the blood rush and mentioning how she enjoyed it.  How there was nothing like the blood rush.  Domarus truly didn't care how she felt about it, save for he needed to help her gain more self control in order to be able to fight with a level head when she was in a party with Domarus.  Or anyone else in his guild for that matter.  At any rate, he chose to move on.  He'd worry about Embers' uncontrollable nature later.  Embers seemed to understand his point now that she had a clear head, but that didn't mean she was happy about it.  The woman even cursed and kicked at the ground.  Domarus simply shrugged.

"Patience is a virtue.  Sheer force can do much, but patience can do just as much if not more."  He enjoyed giving out reasons and lists as to why and how Embers was wrong, especially when the scenario they were in proved him right.  In this case you couldn't beat the system by using brute force and power.  You could increase the odds but other than that you had to just hope on luck and wait it out.  It could be annoying and tedious, but that was life.

@Embers