[PP-NK-F3] To Whom Shall I Offer This Gift? <<Search for the Hoya>> (Hestia, Thorsten) {Complete}

Spoiler

<<Search for the Hoya>>

This quest takes place on Floor 3

This quest is repeatable for <<Hoya of Minos>> only

AxV75ka.jpg?1

Deep within the Forest of Wavering Mist, from which screams emanate every night, lays in wait a precious pendant inside the stone tomb of King Minos according to rumors. All who trek in the search for this jewel beware the denizens of this forest, the twin level 10 Minotaur's awaiting on opposite entrances of the tomb, and the maze the forest itself creates. Many either fall to the one of the two Hoya Minotaurs or are lost forever in the maze. Good luck my children.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-One of the two Hoya Minotaurs must be defeated

Hoya Minotaur Information:

<<Hoya Minotaurs>> are respawning Quest Bosses and each one has the following statistics:

HP: 45

Damage per Attack: 30

Rewards:

1. Party Leader will be gifted the <<Hoya of Minos>>, a sought out gift for weddings, dates and birthdays. The Hoya of Minos is a pendant that changes form every time someone does the quest so it has a variety of appearances, though it always remains a pendant.

2. 2 Skill Points

Parties of players are advised.

Recommended Level: 12

Silver walked the third floor of the castle Aincrad. Though it was more of a wander then a walk. He observed the many different observations to be had in the forest town. It seemed to be quite a bustling place  something Silver enjoyed. The man had much he could observe in this place and much he could surely learn from the players and psudopoeple who he would find without a doubt. He climbed atop a nearby building and perched, looking out at the town square., his heterochromatic eyes glistening in the light of the morning sun as he did so. He wondered as to what the day had in store for him. It had been some time sense he last set foot on this floor and was happy to have the ability to look out and be in awe of that which was around him. He remembered back to the time that his father had taken him to China on business, he had climbed on top of one if the shops in the small town to do the same thing he was doing now. How much different it was now than it had been, and yet he found himself in the same scenarios as he had before.

@Hestia

Edited by Thorsten
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I walk through the town of the third floor with a curious look with my hands in my pockets once more on patrol of this floor with my familiar at my side as i look at everything with my green colored eyes. I smile a bit finding this floor to be one of the more relaxing ones so far that i have encountered. I look at all of the people a mix of humans and elves all about as i make my way through the town. I gaze at everything with the eyes of a person on a mission. With mine being to currently to try and find players who are in need of help. I just make my way through the town as their is a nice gentle breeze which helps for me since my vanity clothing are darker colors so it helps deal with the heat they are more incline to absorb and take in. My black hair with silver streaks in it blowing gently in the breeze also.

I gaze at all of the things are walking on the ground however my attention gets pulled by my familiar who flies upwards as i gaze at his white as snow fur and black as night wings as he gesture with his tail towards the top of one of the buildings. I follow the direction of where he points and is greeted to a interesting sight. A player most likely standing atop of one of the buildings looking out over the square of the town as i walk over towards this person with curiosity. Excuse me! Why are you on a building. I call out to this player once i am close by enough to do so. Yelling the first part to grab the attention of the person encase they hadn't seen me, or if words said in a neutral volume would've been to quiet for your pondering of things.

Silver watched as those around the city walked and saw someone’s pet fly up from her and approach him. He reached his hand out to the creature with a mind smile as to allow the creature to both know that he was not a threat and to offer to hold or pet the creature. Then he heard, who he assumed to be this creatures mistress, call up to him. Silver chuckled and made his way down the building. He gripped the edges of windowsills and platforms as he dropped and swung himself to the ground in a deliberate but seeming my careless fashion, though it was clear to a careful observer that he was moving with a vast amount of expertise. Once he landed he approached the woman and gave her a respectful bow. “I was simply observing the behaviors of those who are on this town as I awaited the day to present me with the adventure I am to partake on.” He smiled at the woman, his light pink hair and semi open button-up shirt blown slightly by a combination of the breeze and the climb down. He stood with an open and welcoming expression, his arms hanging loosely at his sides. “I am Silver ‘Thorsten’ Zevulum. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mistress. You may call my Silver, Thorsten, or some derivative of ether of the two. What ever you like.” 

@Hestia

The winged familiar just nods his head not caring if you pet him or not with the size of him being that of a large dog as he then flies down back towards me to accompany me. As i see you climb down the building i notice that it seems almost without that much thought as if you're doing it without thinking much of the approach down. I can only assume that is the case if you're unused to doing so, or maybe this could be that parkour thing being put into a small part of action that Itzal has mentioned. I then hear this person speak and i am immediately mentally taken back by the seemingly overly polite, almost non modern English. finding myself rather curious why someone would speak very formerly with someone else. Well Silver for starters their is no need to call me mistress. The name that you can call me is Hestia. That isn't my real name just the username obviously. I say with a small chuckle. It seems that sharing real names isn't that common. I then pause and say. Wait did you just give me your real name? I ask in surprise wondering if the three names is your actual name with your username.

After the surprise wears off i then ask. Well Silver as i said my name is Hestia, and i am on this floor to help out players wherever i can. You can say that i patrol the first five floors for people who can need the help of a tank to make sure they stay alive on any adventure they go on. I say with a happy tone of voice.

Silver smiled, it was always interesting seeing the expressions of those whom he newly met when he introduced himself. “Indeed, my name from before entering this strange new realm was Silver Zevulum and though my username is Thorsten, I offer both my username and real life name to people. I will not forsake my bloodline by hiding my heritage from others.” He stopped and pondered what it was she had informed him in accordance to he beings on this floor. “How intriguing! You are very honourable with the amount of humility you have. It is excessively pleasant to find someone, as able ad you surly are, so willing to assist those that are not at your level. In fact, if you have the time, I heard of a strange quest in which you must retrieve a necklace known as the Hoya from deep within a labyrinth. I would be honoured if you would assist me. I greatly wish to hear of your stories and adventures both on and off the battlefield should you allow me to hear them.” 
Silver began his mental note taking, ready to fill his journal with the stories he may be told. It was something of a hobby of his. He knew that it was necessary for him to write such things that he found out through his life being that he has a photographic memory, though he wanted to ensure that if he ever experienced mental trouble in the future he would always be able to look back at the books he kept and remember who he was.
@Hestia

Well i guess it is only fair that you give me your name i should give you mine Silver. My name is Ember Nite it is nice to meet you. I say as i extend my hand with a smile on my face. Very much so intrigued and interested by this player since he is definitely a strange one among lots of strange people. The fact that someone gives their name freely certainly says a lot about the person who does so.  I can only wonder how far this person could go, and what they are capable of. While that is a nice idea to not forsake the name you have been given at birth Silver. Most people would see that as dangerous. Mainly because of the idea of people tracking others done once we escape this game. Especially since it is all well to known that their are players who are willing to kill each other in this game, so it is possible those thoughts and ideas could sink back into the real world if they are allowed to roam free at the end. I say with a slight frown at such a thought.

Well anyway in my moral book it is just me doing my duty as a fellow human being to help out others whenever i can to help them survive through anything really. It isn't that much special it is, what i think anyway, the task that everyone should be going for to help out those below us to help them to reach a state where they can stand beside us instead. I say with a big smile and eyes filled with determination. Ohhh yeah the Hoya quest i know that one. Should be easy honestly with me helping you out Silver, and i guess i can tell a bit of what has happened to me during my stay in this game. It won't be as anything as exciting as those on the frontline, but i'll try to keep you entertained either way. i say with a small chuckle.

Silver retired the smile, his eyes glistening in the sunlight. “Simply splendid! This will surely be a day to remember!” He began walking to where his informant had informed him to go. “I have no worry as to people of malicious intent. My family has reach in a majority of government organizations workings as advisors and ambassadors, so if someone wanted to track one of us it would not be challenging. That said, we are trained how to protect ourselves from a young age and sharpen multiple blades in the case of someone who wishes harm upon us. Though most of what is needed to protect ones self from an attacker is careful observation to ones own daily life and the interactions there in.” He thought to when his father had traveled to New York on business. Silver had roamed the streets, strengthening his ability to read those he spoke to whilst he met people. “It is understandable that most would be of worry for such things, few have been brought into such a strict life as those brought into the Zevulum bloodline. Not all who are born a Zevulum find themselves with the ability to be true to the family without mental harm. Take my brother, for instance. He fell from his position in the bloodline once we found him to be a better puppet then a puppeteer.” Silver chuckled. “If I may ask, in your adventures, what is it that intrigued you the most?”
Silver was pleased with the way this day proved itself to be going. It would fair him well he assumed and it was a wonderful day to be had, he was sure.
@Hestia

I smile and laugh a bit at your enthusiasm as i enjoy the energy you seem to have towards being able to be with someone else as i happily follow you as you begin to walk to what i assume is the start of this quest for yourself. I think for a bit and then opens my menu as i equip my gear as a sword within a sheathe appears at my hip. The hilt of the sword having a hand guard, and the area where one would hold the blade is some purple cloth. The sheathe being a simple black coloring. In my left hand is a shield with the depiction of the sun and moon on opposite sides with lines of black and silver meeting in the middle and also pushing into the others side. Finally my armor of silver, and cloth of red that covers some of my body along with the armor. I turn to you with a smile.

So your family is some big name so it wouldn't be hard to find you, but you can defend yourselves and are good at observing things to know when to be careful. i say with a nod of my head, and then pauses at the puppet part. I take a calming breathe to force back my initial reaction and has to relax myself knowing that is how businesses are run. Through lies, deceit, and pretty words with truth mixed in. That is how they thrive and i know i can't help that. I think for a bit at your question as i look up towards the sky for a little bit as i think on this wondering what does truly intrigue me the most. After a minute i nod my head formulating a answer. What intrigues me most is the endless possibilities of what the floors could have, and what quests can happen from those floors. Take the 17th floor i have heard that their hasn't been many quests found their yet. However, their is endless possibilities on that floor that intrigues me to see what the Cardinal system does with it. it is the greek floor with both Sparta and Athens history of the past could be played before our eyes, or we could challenge the greek god's to things if it is possible. Or maybe fight alongside famous greek heroes. The possibilities are endless. I say rather excitedly at such prospects.

Silver smiled at the notion of a Grecian based society. “I take it you are the condisour of myth and legend! How far do your reaches of knowledge go in the Grecian culture? Would it be correct of me to assume you have well versed yourself in the philosophy associated with it as well? I am intrigued as to your notion of fighting alongside a legend, or similarly giving against a deity. These pose for me the inquiry of whether or not you have experienced such things in the past.” He stopped and pondered for a moment, “in fact, I believe the labyrinth we are to soon step foot in, finds its home in a Greek tale. As do the miniature there in. How interesting that such things would make their way into this realm, granted it is a form of ancient construct, calling things from the dark ages of European mythos to do its bidding as well…” Silver trailed off before blinking and realizing how long he had been talking. “Appologies, I have found that I tend to ramble about such things.”
The two reached the entrance of the labyrinth. The massive walls stretching in both directions as they approached. Silver though as to the way his companion holds herself, seeming to have both strong outward emotions and weak ones. It was pleasant to see her excitement, however.
@Hestia

Yeah i do like to know lots of about myth and legends from different cultures. It is just fun to try and learn about such things, and i had lots of time at some nights where i had just stayed up reading them to take my mind off some other things, or during down time after completing all the tasks i had at hand. I say with a smile and nod of my head and then chuckles a bit at the idea of me being known of philosophies of these different cultures. Well i don't consider myself all that great in their philosophy, but i might've picked up on some of it just through reading their tales of their mythology. I say with a small smile as i am still a bit baffled by your way of speaking. It is definitely very formal, and i guess it makes sense if this Zevulum family is very high up, and comes from a different country. The formal tone could be considered normal then if that is the case. To be good at diplomacy and all that.

You'd be correct in assuming this quest is based on greek mythology Silver. It is based on the minotaur that was the son of King Minos. With this tomb that this quest speaks of being similar to the labyrinth that was built to house him in the stories. I say with a grin on my face as we stand before this structure as i take out my sword that is made of a black oxidized metal as i prepare myself for the fight in front of us. Lead the way Silver i'll be their to protect you as soon as this Minotaur shows up. I say with a grin on my face.

Silver walked through the entrance of the labyrinth. “It is greatly appreciated! I haven’t been able to acquire the combat skill that I am interested in using. Thankfully, my guild leader is planning to assist me in acquiring it. However, while I am not very powerful and am to be seen as useless in combat, I will still attempt to assist in any way I can.” He then though to how she spoke of the Grecian myths. “It is very interesting, isn’t it? Not to mention how such knowledge can be of great use in this game. For example, as this is a labyrinth, there will be no dead ends of this structure. There is only one way to enter and leave, and the middle of the area is where we should find the treasure we are pursuing. If this proves to not be the case then this is not truly a labyrinth, but is instead a maze.” They had been walking for quite some time as the pathway twisted and turned. “I wonder when it is we will find the creatures that are rumored to be in this area. I feel that I should be equipped incase I am needed to fight.” 
<<Basic One-Handed War-hammer Equipped>>
Silver looked around for anything he may be able to use for trade, though he could see no such thing around. Granted he wasn't looking too hard, it would be rather unintelligent of him to take to much focus away from observation. 

ID# 91114

Spoiler

Loot Die 10+2 (S&D)=12 [No Materials Found]

Edited by Thorsten

I hear that you're trying to acquire some combat skill as my mind instantly tries to figure that out as the answer becomes clear rather quickly to me. Are you talking about Martial Arts Silver? I ask curiously remembering that quest myself and having been a part of it. Also remembering the frustrations that come with that particular quest. If that is the case i wish you luck with that in particular since the climb up isn't all that particularly fun, and then their is the times that you somehow miss a rock or don't hit it hard enough. I say remembering those moments particularly well. Well even then if you wish for my help during that also i would be happy to accompanying you during that also if you would wish. I say in a cheerful tone of voice.

I smile a bit knowing that this tomb is meant to have a minotaur at either end of it, or as this game likes to call it the Hoya at the end of each pathway that a person would take. I just hold my shield walking in front of you and towards the right a little bit. Ready to move in front of you at a moments notice with my shield to block the attack of the Hoya if it decides to run towards us at any moment. To take the attack of the axe with ease. My familiar Kuro is walking right besides me to my right using his better senses to try and detect when the minotaur would be coming. Well hopefully these creatures will appear rather soon since that'll let us know we are close to the pendant that the Hoya is meant to be guarding. I say with a nod of my head and a smile on my face rather excited still to face such a dangerous creature from the pages of mythology that is now in this game. So Silver when you aren't adventuring and doing quests what do you do for fun? I ask curiously initiating some small talk as we walk.

Silver nodded  “I shall keep your offer in mind” he said looking around. He heard the minotaur close by. “ I think your thoughts have been heard, by my calculations at least one will be around the next turn.” Silver thought about how strange it was being in this strange realm. He felt both able and helpless. Though helpless was more often what he felt. It wore on him, he was once able to take on any challenger. He would stand unafraid in combat, able to trust in his abilities and his alone. Now, though, he could do no such thing. He was forced to rely on others to assist him which, he wasn’t to find of. That was not to say he didn’t know the benefits of a comrade, however that he greatly disliked relying on a comrade alone. Still he readied his war-hammer. “Every day is an adventure. I find it is beneficial to live life with the mentality of being ready for something interesting to happen. Though in my free time I dabble in poetry and musicianship. Before I found myself in this realm, I oft found myself in my garage woodworking. If not there I would be honing my martial prowess. Now though, I tend to sit and observe the goings on of the beings that inhabit this world. Perhaps, on day, I shall write a novel containing my observations.” He turned to his companion briefly “how about yourself?”
The two turned the next corner to see a large minotaur before them. Silver held himself back to allow for his comrade to make a move.

Stats

Spoiler

Hestia 440/440 hp | 44 en | 5 dmg | 35 mit | 14 thrns |

Thorsten 120/120 hp | 12 en | 1 dmg

Minotaur 45/45 hp | 30 dmg

Edited by Thorsten

I hear the loud footsteps of the Hoya at the same time that you do as i ready myself for my part in combat my familiar Kuro sticks close to my side ready to help me be able to defend as if their is nothing else that is as important as to do that. I calmly walk through the halls listening to the steps that seem to be getting louder as i wonder if it is from the Hoya getting closer to us, or to getting closer to where the Hoya just happens to be searching. Then their is always the option that us and the Hoya are just getting closer and closer to each other with each moment. I grin a bit at that fact as i wonder when the beast will find us, or us it. So you like poetry and music. I say with a nod of my head with a smile at that. Sounds like being a performer for a profession would be pretty good for you then since that is music, or maybe a Artisan would be another good choice for you. I say with a smile on my face and a nod of my head.

Well for me- As we round the corner i see the Minotaur is i turn to you. I'll finish that statement after we kill the Minotaur. I say with a smile on my face as i immediately activate my skill Howl. Let's go Silver. I say with a smile as i move towards the Minotaur and away from you making sure the Minotaur can only focus solely on me. I look up towards the beastial creature wearing armor and holding a axe with a smile on my face as i get into position that will be difficult to move me from. Ready to defend myself with my shield to block the axe. I watch the creature move as i move forward and blocks the initial attack. The axe slamming down onto my shield as i don't move as i just block with the shield that i wield before backing away back towards you with a smile on my face at the first successful round.

Spoiler

#91375  MD: 2 miss

[H:3] Hestia 440/440 hp | 34/44 en | 5 dmg | 35 mit | 14 thrns |       Howl used:-10 energy   +3 Hate for every enemy

Thorsten 120/120 hp | 12 en | 1 dmg

Minotaur 45/45 hp | 30 dmg

Silver thought about the mention of Artisan. It was the occupation which he was the most interested. He wondered what it would be like to actually craft in this realm. The strange properties which were present would, without a doubt, prove to be interesting in its own right. He was sure that it would be both very different and quite the same in this realm as it was in the realm which his body resided. 
Silver watched as his companion activated a skill he had yet to see, though it seemed that it was used to draw the attention of enemies. Something that would undoubtedly be quite useful in a group combat setting in terms of straggly.  He had a feeling that it would be improper of him to choose no to fight this creature, whilst making his companion fight for him. However, he was greatly unconfident in his own abilities. He had never been trained in the use of a war-hammer. Still he elected to attack the creature. His stance was thrown off by the weight in his hand and whilst he attempted to attack the creature he was thrown to the side. He caught himself as he landed but his weapon slid away from him. Swiftly he retrieved it. “I assume this is my punishment for using an unfamiliar weapon. I apologize for my inability to cause significant impact in combat at the moment.”

@Hestia

ID# 91359

Spoiler

BD: 1 (Miss)

Stats

Spoiler

[H:3] Hestia 440/440 hp | 34/44 en | 5 dmg | 35 mit | 14 thrns |       Howl used:-10 energy   +3 Hate for every enemy

Thorsten 120/120 hp | 10/12 en | 1 dmg

Minotaur 45/45 hp

Edited by Thorsten

I nod my head to you with a understanding look for a brief moment. It is fine Silver we all miss an attack once and awhile. I say in a gentle and kind tone of voice before quickly moving towards the Minotaur as i prep a sword art as i grin as i see the beast look at me, and once i am close i quickly go underneath sliding between the open space in his leg before quickly getting back up and slicing along the Minotaur's back once as i then get low and slice along the back of its knees. I smile and finish it by moving in front of it as fast as i can and slicing along its chest. I smile a bit glad that the attack had hit and if the deafening roar of the minotaur after the attack is anything to go by it had hurt quite a lot. I look to the minotaur as it glares at me and swings its fist into my chest sliding me back a few feet as i rub the area carefully and gently as i see the minotaur holding its hand in pain. Seems like thorns had activated to deal some damage. I say to myself with a smile as i see the Minotaur in red health already in one turn of combat. The creature just barely hanging onto its life.

Spoiler

#91376  BD: 10  MD: 8  CD: 10 (+1 energy do to recovery)  Bear Knock: 5+2x4=28    Minotaur: 1(minimum)   Thorns: 14 DMG     Bear Knock: -6+2=-4

[H:6] Hestia 440/440 hp | 30/44 en | 5 dmg | 35 mit | 14 thrns |       Howl used:-10 energy   +3 Hate for every enemy

Thorsten 120/120 hp | 10/12 en | 1 dmg

Minotaur 3/45 hp

Silver watched as the creature of ancient Greek mythos reeled at the repercussions of its attack. It was intriguing that such things would be the case whilst intentions were to deal more damage to ones opponent. Furthermore, he heard his comrade mention ‘thorns’. He assumed this to be a mechanical property of the armour she was adorned with. How queer it was, this ability, he felt the need to investigate it further once the current adventure was over. 
Silver adjusted his position to resemble the Arnis fighting style of the Philippines. He waited for the focus of the minotaur to lock back onto his comrade. Upon this, he struck with the war-hammer. It dealt a miniscule amount of damage, though he hadn't expected more than this. It was justly so, seeing as the feel of the weapon which he heals was far less balanced than a bow staff. That said, damage was damage as it was. Even the smallest amount could be greatly beneficial over the course of combat. Silver made sure he was no longer in the pathway of attack before resetting his posture, should he need to strike again.

ID# 91873

Spoiler

BD: 8 (Hit) [1dmg to Minotaur]

Stats

Spoiler

[H:6] Hestia 440/440 hp | 30/44 en | 5 dmg | 35 mit | 14 thrns |       Howl used:-10 energy   +3 Hate for every enemy

[H:1] Thorsten 120/120 hp | 10/12 en | 1 dmg

Minotaur 2/45 hp 

@Hestia

Edited by Thorsten

I see you move forward and strike at the Minotaur while it was still staggered back from the attack as i grin seeing the paralyze affect of my weapon come to affect as i quickly move forward wishing to finish this fight in a bang as i swing my blade down across the chest of the Hoya as it lets out one last roar before it shatters into tiny little crystals becoming nothing once more within this game for the moment. I turn back to you with a grin on my face. So how was that fight for you Silver? Are you okay? I ask with a kind smile asking just to make sure, and out of habit to make sure things are going fine after something that could be perceived as a negative experience possibly. I then remember the stance you used to attack as i look to you. Also what was that way you attacked the Hoya? I've never seen it before what was that way of attacking? I ask you curiously with a tilt of my head. Was it some kind of sword art?

Spoiler

#91888  BD: 9 5+1=6 DMG   MD:10 (dead)

[H:8] Hestia 440/440 hp | 30/44 en | 5 dmg | 35 mit | 14 thrns |    

[H:1] Thorsten 120/120 hp | 10/12 en | 1 dmg

Minotaur 0/45 hp 

• 1 month later...

Silver watched as the woman attacked, observing and taking in her style. It was enjoyable to watch as she fought. She seemed to be enjoying it. It wasn’t more than a second after her attack which the creature shattered. He reverted his stance back to the psuto-relaxed state which he normally was. “Throughout my life I learned many things. I have gone to many places. My father, you see, traveled a lot, and without my mother in the picture, I was to go with him wherever he went. Thus, whilst in the Philippines, I found myself with a great amount of free time. I spent that time at a local dojo, as I tended to do when traveling with him, learning the art of Arnis. It is a weapon based fighting style.” Silver tended to give more questions than answers when others inquired about his life. It was the way he lived. If someone was curious enough, and knew how to ask him so that he would always answer, they could potentially get him to explain his whole life to them. Though, no one had tried. Not to mention that those who might have been curious in the original realm tended to find him queer and avoid talking to him.

@Hestia

I nod my head with a slight grin at that finding it interesting that a person can be so well traveled and learned from wherever they go when most would prefer being by themselves and lazy no matter where they had went. Well for yourself Thorsten what others players have you been to during your travels, and what else had you learned during your stays at those places? I ask the person with some curiosity as i gesture for them to continue going. Well lets get this pendant and then start leaving Thorsten we've beaten the one Minotaur. No need to stay around to wait for the other one to try and stop us. I say to the player after having heard the answer to my question of where he had traveled and if he had learned anything else that was particularly interesting or exciting during his stays their. 'Even then though their is the curiosity of why he had traveled that much, but one thing at a time in terms of questions of course.' i think to myself.