[PP-NK-F3] To Whom Shall I Offer This Gift? <<Search for the Hoya>> (Hestia, Thorsten) {Complete}

Silver thought back to the variety of places he had gone. Images flashed through his mind as he thought. “I have been everywhere from Fukuoka, Japan to Alytus, Lithuania to Fortaleza, Brazil and that is just to name the smallest number for reference. It is safe to say that if a country exists and there are people that hold power in that country, I have been there. I spent my time learning the culture, writing maps, learning various martial arts and so much more. I have experienced foods that I never would have known existed had I been born to a bloodline outside the Zevulum, and thus stayed in Brittan.” Silver realized he had been rambling and stopped himself. He looked at his comrade with soft eyes, “My apologies, I get excited when talking about my past sometimes.” He then turned to the pedestal which was housing the Hoya. He approached it and observed the shape of the pendant. It was strange, he had assumed there to be something special about the necklace however he could not seem to figure out what it would be. He turned to Hestia. “What am I supposed to do with this? I had assumed it to be powerful however it shows no signs of such things. Do you have any idea as to the purpose it serves?”

@Hestia

+<<Hoya of Minos>>

Spoiler

5a5542e27f49c_HoyaofMinosThorsten.jpg.b91ced31015d69b9702fe0069a304202.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nod my head hearing of your travels to such a wide variety of places. The home of the powerful and rich which is rather interesting to know about. That one can learn and do so much within such a time frame of life and then suddenly get trapped within this game. Which probably is just as exciting as traveling since their is such a wide variety of people and locations that this game generates that enthusiasts of travel are probably never that bored from all these environments they can go to. I then hear your comment on the hoya and chuckles a little bit understanding the same confusion i have. I honestly don't know what this pendant is for Silver. All the game gives for a description of the item is that it is somehow good for a wedding gift, so maybe it has some magical property or such when given as a wedding gift to another player if their is a quest for that. I say as possibility with a shrug of my shoulders.

Silver pondered as he began to walk back out of the labyrinth. “How queer, a gift hidden deep within the heart of a labyrinth. One that gives the impression of being a challenge to find one’s way through without threat of death should that person not be of a substantial level. And the idea of a wedding, here? I assume it would be very possible though the question begs, when we get out of this strange realm, does the vows taken transfer into the real realm? If not, it seems as though it would be a perfect way for someone to fake a relationship for no more than to gain the wealth of their partner and leave them behind after the game. I must do some research about these things…” Silver trailed off before snapping back into reality. “I wonder how people go about their ceremonies here, I have seen many and they are all different. The American verse the Chinese alone is different enough to write almost a novel on the subject.” Silver chuckled and placed the Hoya of Minos around his neck. “What are your feelings on the whole idea, comrade? The ideas of marriage and spending one’s life with another until the end of time? Have you ever experienced the feeling to do such a thing in the original realm?”

@Hestia

I listen to this player talk as he looks upon this pendant that he had received for the quest as i nod my head in understanding how the reward for the quest item is rather strange upon itself for a quest that has the potential to be deadly if not taken very carefully. Which does make it curious what kind of bonus can it provide to players if given as a wedding gift like its description suggests that it should be done. I then hear him asking my input as i just nod my head. Well for myself i find the end reward to be rather strange in every manner of the word for giving players a item they can't use for a quest like this. However, i think it just adds a little bit of a mystery to figure out why would the reward for a quest such as this be a marriage type of item. I say to you with a slight shrug of my shoulders.  On the idea of spending your entire life with someone i find that something everyone should try to strive for. To try and find someone they care for and love more then anything in this world and spend you life with them. However, i never found such feelings like that in the real world at all. I was way to busy working a job, studying in college, and helping out my little sister with homework and other things. Their was really no time at all to find love. I say honestly to you.

Silver gives a slight nod. “I know the life of one who has been drowned in work and family affairs. In fact, I had been in such a position whilst I was in the original realm. I worked in the field of my families….. ‘dealings’ for most of my life, only recently did I have the opportunity to attempt to settle down. Though I cannot say it is worth it. It is both fantastically wonderful and fantastically horrific. I went from being the top of my career, best in the business, to a school child in a class that was far behind my own mental abilities. Just because I found someone I wanted to assist. I found someone who had gone through hardship and I felt needed my advice and counsel. I have lived the life of one hundred men and women after all. Surly I would be able to assist this person in a small point of their life. Though no training I had ever experienced prepared me for the trial of experiencing friendship. It was like being back in the shadows watching and waiting for my prey to approach me.” Silver gave a warm, friendly smile. He though back to his time as an assassin. It was his calling in life. He was quick to surpass his family and some even claimed him to be better than his grandfather, though that was simply not true in his opinion.

@Hestia

Well i am sorry you had to deal with that i guess, but even then the friendship is worth it no matter what in my eyes. I say with a kind smile as i gesture for us to begin leaving this labyrinth before we forget the way back out. However, if i was in your shoes i would've chosen helping out that one person each and every time because it would be worth it in my mind. To try and help someone through problems they could be facing, but that is just my own opinion since i have played the role of a protector the entirety of my life or at the very least the big majority of it to me. Making sure my sister is doing okay, to work a job to help my mother pay for our lives since my father is out of the picture. That is why i am as now a tank to help others, and willing to do as much as i can for another individual. I guess you could say i dedicated my entire existence to others happiness. I say calmly not really realizing that i started to get possibly to personal, or overly introspective.

Silver nodded again, “I am by no way saying that I regret the friendship I made. If given the choice I would peruse it again with one hundred percent accuracy. I guess the jump from no friends to even one close friend was just more of a challenge than I had expected. Do not apologize for my own choices, for you did not make them. I am proud to see that seed blossom into the beautiful flower that she has.” Silver paused and thought for a moment. “It seems that you may have lived a life that was, in itself, the antithesis of my own up until I met my friend. You say you lived to make others happy, to benefit their lives. I must say, looking back on my own life, I am somewhat jealous of you. You have without a doubt left a legacy with those you care about. I have no doubt that your family is proud of what you have done and that your sister will look up to you for years and years to come. I never had that growing up. For me, I was sent on my first mission around the age of ten. I was forced to go alone as a test to my abilities to help the family. I never was given the ability to get close to others, for anyone I met I would soon leave. I guess I am trying to say, be proud of the life you have lived. Have no doubt that it is a righteous one. Furthermore, know that even those who have experienced as much as I have cannot compare their lives to those spent with family.”

@Hestia

I nod my head with a smile glad to see that you don't regret the decisions you have made in your life regarding this individual. However, it does make me a bit curious who she is, and even if she is in this game. I grin a little at the thought of the second option since it does make me curious then what kind of relationship this man and girl could be in. However, for now i ditch those thoughts as i continue to listen to this player speak. I smile a bit before saying. Even if you can say my life is better do to spending it with some family Silver. I'm sure you have left an impact and a legacy for certain with however you have lived your life. However, i am a bit curious though what you mean by a mission? You said you went on some first kind of mission. That kinda makes you sound like some sort of secret agent like from those james bond films. I say in a slightly joking manner. Also, i am of course proud of the life i have lived. Since it is really the best i could've done with what i have been handed to by life. So i like to think every decision i have made is the correct one. Since if i think their were better options i could get all hung up on the whole what if side of things.

Silver smiled at the woman as she spoke, listening to the pride. Then he paused and realized the question that had been asked of him. This was the first time someone had asked him what he did before. He sighed, he rather not lie to the woman. After all, friends were honest with friends, right? He sighed. “You are close with the secret agent idea. I have indeed left a legacy, I am the best in the business. Those who know the code name I go by tremble in fear if they have any notion of my coming. You see, I am the assassin known as Wind. I have killed many people in my day, survived more fights than I can count. You see I take after my mother, she joined the family as a marksman. Though, guns have never really been my strong suit. Don’t get me wrong, I can shoot better than most marksmen, however I prefer to kill with my hands or a knife.” Silver stared into the distance as he relived the many different tasks. “I am both proud of my life and have a distaste for it. I know that I had no choice in the matter, my grandfather made that very clear. I ether server the family or run from it. And you have to be a master at hiding to run from the Zevulum’s. So, I took what was handed to me and made a name for myself. I was deemed ‘Wind’ because that is all people hear when I strike. I hope that doesn’t scare you, I don’t kill without a target or anything.” He paused and sighed “Perhaps I have said to much, I felt it best to tell you the truth if I were to see you as a friend. I never told Kathrine, then again she never asked.”

@Hestia

As i listen i find myself just utterly astonished and rather frightened to some degree by hearing this. An actual assassin is right before me, and supposedly one that was extremely efficient at his job if he gets called the wind since that is all people hear. I just stand there a having a look of fear that starts to slowly fade away as my more rational brain starts to kick in. I take a calming breathe and then just nods my head. Okay got it some super assassin person that was really good at his job. That is rather interesting to, and rather frightening someone could go through that at he age of ten, and remain as kind as you have been Silver. I'm glad that is the case though you seem really polite and such that not having you as you are would be a rather interesting difference. Especially for whoever this Katherine person is. I am sure she is grateful for all you have done for her. I say kindly with a smile on my face. So after everyone gets free from this game. What do you plan to do? Will you go back to this assassination job, or stay with this Katherine to live a normal life. I ask curiously.

Silver chuckled, “I don’t know about ‘super assassin’. I just have a talent for the job. Not many make it as far as I have with the ability to be content. Its all about mindset, I choose to be content and make others content if possible. I see a world before me to be shaped and molded. There is no reason to be disdainful, plus I respect everyone who respects me. Even those I have a contract for… I guess the only person who is an acceptation is my partner but that is a story that would take far to long to tell.” He pauses when he is asked the question, it was a question he had been avoiding thus far. It was a hard to answer due to the weight of the situation. He sighs “To be honest with you, Hestia, once this game is over I either have to convince her to join the family, convince the family that she is to be trusted, or I will be forced to kill her. By family law if you have people too close to you, you have someone who can be exploited for family secretes and thus must be killed by the person who has endangered the family. Hiding is not an option for her, and I can’t turn away from the family. I am in line to take the place of my grandfather once he kicks the bucket. I don’t have the choice to turn that down.” A tear runs down Silvers face.

@Hestia

I smile sadly upon hearing the situation about the girl as i can only imagine how bad that is. That is not even thinking about such a position can actually exist within the world that i thought was at least relatively peaceful. To know that their is so much that i don't actually know that is hidden underneath the surface is rather frightening to think about. Well i mean if you take over won't you be able to decide who is trustworthy or not Silver? Cause if that is true then can't you just take in Katherine then at that point? And even if you can't i may not be all that knowledgeable in this assassin stuff at all, but i do believe in the human spirit and emotions. That if you truly loved the girl that you would do you best to protect her rather then go and follow some ridiculous tradition your family has. I say in a gentle tone of voice knowing i am speaking from no experience regarding how such families run. However, i can only hope that the logic of a normal person can help understand what is necessary sometimes rather then obeying family.

Silver shook his head. “I wish that were an option. My grandfather will not be passing away any time soon, not to mention that I took an oath to my family. I’m not a man to go back on my word ever. I also made a promise to protect her, though I realize now that I was naive to do so. If I could only convince her to be with me and join the bloodline she may have a chance. If not then I must either kill her or have us both killed. At least if I am the one to kill her I can dictate how quick it is that she dies. Its unfortunate that this is the outcome. But its not like I can tell her, it would just lead to fear of me. This game is the only way I can convince her before its too late, however I am not knowledgeable on how to partake in the game of romance. I can’t say I ever really was. My mind is useful in every situation outside of romance that I can think of. Even if my job is to seduce my target I can succeed. However, when it comes to real romance I find myself at a loss.” Silver shrugs. He is defeated here. She would never want to be with him and he would be a fool to attempt to navigate it. He would wind up flat on his face without hope of return.

@Hestia

Well i'm not sure what your relationship with Katherine is, but try to take it in the matter of friendship first, and then try doing little activities you could see couples doing. Nothing overly obvious just spend time with the girl you love. Try to grow closer to her is all really and then love will come through the time spent together, and the memories you two make. With the end result being eventually an act of love or confession of love from you or her. I say with a shrug trying to be helpful, but not entirely sure how well that would go since i have never been in such a relationship myself or have searched for one. Which leaves me not that much experience to talk from personally to try and help this man out.I look around and then back at you as i start to walk out of this labrynth towards the exit following the same steps that lead us to here by memory.

Silver thought on how to explain the relationship between himself and Kathrine. “We are friends, and I am her advisor. I give her advice to get through the things she has been through, good or bad. She sees herself as selfish with the amount I have given up to her. She would be correct to believe I have sacrificed a lot, my entire livelihood in fact, to help her. Though I don’t see it as a true sacrifice, I gave it up for the opportunity to have a life no one in my family has ever experienced. Perhaps I was wrong to do so. To think I, the Prodigy, would end up in this situation. I guess, even with everything I have learned, there is much I haven’t experienced. Perhaps I should have listened to my partner when I had the chance instead of blowing him off.” Silver thought for a bit. “I have been with her as a friend for nearly 3 years before we entered this realm. Hell, I’m only in this realm because I wanted to surprise her. Who knows what life would be like if I hadn’t found that young woman crying on the bench.” Silver shakes his head. “It’s better not to dwell on what could have been.”

@Hestia

Well at least you're able to enjoy the life you can with her at this moment then Silver. Try to take figure out things she likes and such, and just enjoy life rather than worrying about things such as if you're going to end in a relationship or if she will accept your life. Just live life in the moment for now to try and forget about such things since that sounds a bit stressful. I say with a small chuckle and a slight shrug of my shoulders not really knowing what to say at this point. Eventually we have walked out of the labyrinth and back out into the forest. Once out back into the forest i take in the nice fresh air once more which is a strange thought to think about since all the air is virtual so it can't be fresh in a true sense. So Silver now that you've gotten this quest completed what do you plan to do now. I ask curiously to you wanting to change the subject, and have something to talk about since the silence isn't the most comfortable thing to walk in.

The subsequent question to follow the emotionally tasking conversation was one more closely related to small talk. Silver was, of course, glad to get off the subject of Kathrine. “I assume I will be heading back to my apartment on the fourth floor to check on the little girl I adopted. Well, I say adopted but what I mean is we have an agreement that for so long as we are present in this game I will take care of her and give her fatherly advice whenever it is asked of me.” Silver paused, “How about yourself? My apologies, it seems we have been focusing on my being this whole time, I have yet to ask you very many questions of my own. Perhaps another time I can get to know you and your life better, or we can do so now. It is, in the end, up to you.” The two had left the labyrinth and were headed back to the main settlement on the floor. It had been a very interesting time, being on this quest. How odd it was to find someone so willing to listen to him and his quarrels. Life seemed to weave itself in strange ways, he wondered if he could learn to predict it.

@Hestia

For myself i will continue what i always do for most of the days, and just go on patrol of these floors to make sure everyone is safe. To be a helping hand for those who could need it. It means i do walk around the same settlements a lot, but it is totally worth it since i get to meet interesting people. Furthermore, by questing i feel a sense of accomplishment through helping out the lower players that could be in need of someone like me. A tank that is willing to defend them to the best of my ability at any time. I say with a kind smile as we continue walking through the forest back towards the town of delilah. Also i don't mind you asking me questions right now Silver it would only be fair since i've been asking a lot of my own about your personal life. I say to you as i find myself curious what kind of questions would be asked of myself by someone with a background as yourself.

Silver smiled slightly, it was a sad smile. This was understandable from the conversation the two had just ended, however he was pleased seeing that his questions would not be taken poorly. He took a moment to think of the proper question to ask. “Pardon its vague premise, however, what was it like to have a family? You say you had a sister, I would like to assume you had contact with your mother, what was it like to have such people? Never having been born a sibling, and without any direct contact with my mother I am curious as to what it is like to have and experience such things. On the side of this, do you mind if I take notes? I have a goal to document everything there is to know about life, perhaps I can learn enough to understand the point of existence and begin to predict the outcomes of various events without fail.” Silver removed the journal and a fountain pen from his inventory to show what he had meant. He was unsure if Hestia would be curious enough to investigate the journal, though if she did she would see only three distinctly different things. First: Morse code, Second: 1’s and 0’s in various squares spread inconsistently throughout the journal, Third: hand drawn pictures of Owls.

@Hestia

I just nod my head in understanding not minding the questions at all as it feels almost like a interview of sorts especially with this new edition of a actual journal, and pen to write down what i say if it is interesting, or important enough. However, with that it does hold some importance to make sure i don't mess up on that. Well it was nice to have a family since everyone is kinda taking care of each other, and trying to be happy by doing activities and such together. By being in a family it is lots of fun and just relaxation when it is possible. I say honestly to you with a smile on my face as i remember back from when the family was a whole.  What it was like having a sister was really nice as i said i felt like a protector and role model for her. To make sure that i can help her morals to stay good, and help protect her from the truth of the world as much as possible. That way she won't have to know while she is so young just how bad the world can be. I tell you as i rub the back of my head as we walk through the forest. For my mother she was more so busy working when she can after our father's death, but before that she was their always for the two of us comforting us, teaching us, things like that. I say with a smile on my face as i then look at your journal. So about your journal thing what else have you written in it? I ask curiously.