{PP-F3} Flames of Control -Domarus and Hestia- -Elvish Rivalries-

Domarus listened as she talked about how the floor sounded familiar and tried to recall it.  Suddenly she grinned and acknowledged the quest he was referring to, mentioning how she wanted to tackle it before looking to the seventeenth floor of the world of Aincrad.  She seemed pleased when she said this and he turned to her.  Greek.  Evidently she loved Greek more than he did if she was that obsessed...  If she was that obsessed, there was a chance she could read Greek.

"Your love for Greek mythology astounds me sometimes.  I wouldn't be surprised if you could read Greek as well,"  he said with a chuckle, being careful not to sound like he was interrogating her in any way.  She then took the next great step, asking Domarus if he'd like to go on a few quests with him since most of the players she knew were either weak, or busy with something personal, and some she couldn't contact.  He turned to her with a nod.

"I would be happy to work with you Hestia.  It's been a while since I've had someone to work with, and I do indeed need a grinding partner.  Name it, I'll be there with you."  Suddenly he heard movement and scanned the forest, spotting the two Treant in the area.  They moved more suddenly with urgency to them, as they revealed themselves to be the commander and the king of the Treants.  Domarus readied his ax.

"You ready to take these suckers out?"

@Hestia

Spoiler

Domarus:  740/740  |  74/74  |  15 - 19 dmg  -  54 MIT

[] Hestia: HP: 480/480  Energy: 48/48  (5 Dmg, 35 MIT, 14 Thorns damage, 2xparalyze, 1 Taunt, 1 energy recovery)

Treant Commander:  100  |  55 MIT  |  20 dmg
Treant King:  150  |  75 MIT  |  25

Edited by Domarus

I chuckle a bit as i rub the back of my head as i look towards the floor of the forest at being told you wouldn't be surprised if i could read greek. That surprisingly being very accurate since i had taken a few classes that taught greek, so i could actually read greek which is something i take lots of pride in to have learned a language and made sure to remember it through practice everyday. I then breathe a small sigh of relief at being told you wouldn't mind which is something i desperately need even if i still have my doubts. However, doubts without confirmation does lead to no progression in any area with how this game is. In real life all it would do is stop a friendship also do to suspicion being had, and a relationship based on suspicion isn't one that would last at all. Because of this i have to put aside any differences to be able to progress as much as possible, and to do my best to see what the true character of this person before me is. Is he the kind hearted person he says and acts like, or is their something underneath. A devil with a grin and ambition far larger then anything i have, and is drawing those closer to him through the smiles and promises that are made.

I quickly focus as i hear movement and i am greeted to the site of the king and commander of this army as i smile a bit sadly knowing this is the end. That at the end of the day that their will be nothing left at least for our story line of these Treants unless Cardinal changes or does something with this quest later. I then hear your words and chuckles a bit at the thought of me taking them out. We both know you'll be doing all the work, and all i'll be doing is taking the heat for less then a second as you then kill them. I say as i go to demonstrate this as i activate Howl gaining the commander's and King's attention as they look towards me and rush at me now. I quickly move away from you till they would be chasing me in a way that would have their backs to you.

I then have the two attack as i get caught off guard by the strength and speed of the commander as he smashes into my side as i slide along the ground as Kuro quickly flies down and pushes me in the other direction slowing me down enough to give my footing. With the timing just being good enough for me to quickly correct my stance and take a hit from the king, and for me to not move a inch from the attack as i manage to stay in place. I glance over towards you with a nod of my head signaling now would be the best time to do something.

Spoiler

#91037  Commander attacks:  BD:9  1(minimum) DMG 

#91038 King attacks: BD: 6  1(minimum) DMG   Thorns: 14 DMG

Domarus:  740/740  |  40/74  |  15 - 19 dmg  -  54 MIT

[H:6] Hestia: HP: 478/480  Energy: 16/48  (5 Dmg, 35 MIT, 14 Thorns damage, 2xparalyze, 1 Taunt, 1 energy recovery)

Treant Commander:  100/100  |  55 MIT  |  20 dmg
Treant King:  136/150  |  75 MIT  |  25 dmg

Domarus noticed her chuckle, as well as her movement immediately after he mentioned Greek.  He didn't stare, but he was concerned now..  He was now considering burning all of his notes and replacing them.  He couldn't write Latin, he didn't study that one long enough.  Though even if he could he was concerned that she may know how to read that as well.  He would need to talk with Aereth and Hidden about this later on.  It was a very sensitive subject that needed discussion with his generals, as inactive as they were.  The papers he was thinking about was everything, literally.  Whenever he needed to think really think, he wrote it down as it helped him focus, as well as memorize it more easily.  His own personal journal.  His plans for the real world, his plans for Aincrad.  The different phases, stages and steps he needed in order to accomplish these feats.  Lists of enemies, followers, servants and warriors, allies.  Lists of people to be cautious around, those to look for, those to avoid.  There was an old page back when potions could effect the mind, a list of ideas he had for potions that would help aid him.  That was out of the question now.  The point was that he could not afford to let Hestia get ahold of these papers.  His shop wasn't secure.  He'd need to burn them the instant he returned, and write them all over again to look noble and innocent.  Domarus would have to deal with this another day.  Instead he chuckled for the moment at her words and glanced at her before acting.  
     "True, but I can tell you want in on the action regardless.  No fun in someone else carrying you through everything right?"  After she had endured the attacks it was Domarus' turn.  He activated charge, launched at the two warriors and released Catapult Explosion, his strongest sword art.  It consumed most of his energy, but seeing as how he obliterated both of his targets and foes with ease, he felt it was well worth it.  Once he maxed out his charge skill, he'd work on his armor until he gained the additional point of damage from that.  Once he had said mod he'd get precision and work further, doing all he could to increase his maximum damage output.  He wanted to get his hands on a unique skill but that would have to wait unfortunately.  After destroying them he turned to Hestia, opening his menu and removing his helmet to reveal his grin.

"You tier two yet?"

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID#  91040  BD:  5+3=8
ID#  91041  BD:  5+3=8

15+4x14-55=211
15+4x14-75=191

Domarus:  740/740  |  40/74  |  15 - 19 dmg  -  54 MIT

[H:6] Hestia: HP: 478/480  Energy: 16/48  (5 Dmg, 35 MIT, 14 Thorns damage, 2xparalyze, 1 Taunt, 1 energy recovery)

Treant Commander:  0/100  |  55 MIT  |  20 dmg
Treant King:  0/150  |  75 MIT  |  25 dmg

Edited by Domarus

I watch as you move forward and quickly destroy the king and commander as i had predicted would happen. Watching as the last remnant of the Treant's fight dies off with a single attack. None of them having been prepared for a player who has more strength then them in every way under the sun that is possible. I feel a small sense of pity for the Treants that they couldn't put up a fight. For their last moments to be known as being oh so helpless and unable to do anything to their eternal nemesis since the elves had called for help. However, with their death the quest is complete as a menu pops up showing me my rewards as i hit accept as i then watch the EXP bar move. More and more till it crosses that boundary as i grin knowing i have unlocked Tier 2 now as i just turn to you and nods my head. You would be correct in assuming that Domarus. Seems like that my next place in my that i need to be is the shop of Macradon to get the gear that i need made. After i get an idea for what i want the template to be for my gear. I say wondering what that would be.

What greek mythology could i take for my armor. I look towards my shield and just nods my head knowing i don't wish to get rid of this. Wanting to hold onto the harmony that i seek in a very literal sense, so i would be reminded everyday of at least where i had started when i entered this death game. I then look towards my blade and inspects every inch of it wondering what could be used for this. Not really having the biggest repertoire in terms of names of weapons. Hmmm what names, or designs could i pull from greek mythology. I say out loud as i inspect my gear for now as i keep my armor on, and hold my weapons in hand.

Domarus listened as her experience bar went up, officially rising her level and tier from one, to tier two.  This had many improvements and would allow her to tackle most quests, all save for the hardest ones.  She just needed to gain levels and up her skill levels a little bit more.  That an improve her armor of course.  She had mentioned that her next step would be to visit Macradon, a member of the Knights of the Blood Oath, whom Domarus' guild would eventually rival, and hopefully, overshadow.  Everyone may know the name of said guild, but whether or not anyone cared was another story entirely.  The KoB had dropped down into the trenches, buried.  All that mattered was that they fought on the front lines.  Then again, so did many others.  Nothing made them special.  The only thing that made them different was that their guild was built on military training, style, and order, and their pride.  Both of which do not at all make them look any better.  He chuckled and patted her on the back.

"Congratulations!  If you wish we could put the order in and head out and celebrate, though I understand if you want to get back to training."  She then looked at her shield, and it seemed to Domarus that she felt attached to it.  However she asked herself out loud what names and designs she could pull from Mythology.

"For the names I'd have to take some time to think about it, since you'd want them to be good.  As for the designs...  If you give me some time, I can make a sketch.  I have an image in my head, basically a suit of heavy armor, Greek God styled of course, but with cloth, toga like robes over it.  It wouldn't slow you down but it would definitely give the feel for Greek Gods and such.  Since you chose a curved sword, well I'll need to go through weapons from Greek Mythology for that."

@Hestia

I smile a bit at having my back patted. Just that token no matter who it is from does build up a sense of pride and accomplishment if it comes from a person that the mind recognizes as a superior, so i couldn't help this sense of happiness at having that happen. I then think on what would i wish to do from here? Hmmm i think that forming a design and names for my gear would be best for now until i progress through anymore quests. I say since with a nod of my head at that plan. Knowing to form those will allow me to make my order, and then will allow me to get better gear to be of my help. If anything me reaching tier 2 has allowed my familiar to do the same so i instantly have better mitigation.  However, i should be fine since all my mitigation is coming from my familiar. I say as i look towards my familiar Kuro who is by Keres actually just looking at the fire snake that is Povos. I chuckle a bit seeing that Kuro has either found something that interests him, or is trying to make friends. I am not really sure yet at this point.

Also in terms of design i do want to try and replicate something. Even if it is just a regular armor, but having something on it be it like shoulder pad type of thing, or a symbol on the chest that is based off of the greek mythology. Like for example....if the shoulder pads area had two head like cerberus, or if the middle chest piece was like the nemeon lion. I then look to my shield and grins as i have a new plan. Actually i'll make my armor what my shield is Harmony with my right being Artemis, and my left being Apollo. With my shield being in a similar design as of that of the Gorgons head when it had got cutten off, and used by Athena. I say with a grin glad to have solved two thirds of my problem in thinking of a design.

Listening to Hestia continue to ponder on what she was going to do, and listening to his advice, he mentally grinned, knowing he had finally won.  If he was honest he expected it to last much longer than this.  However Hestia seemed to be too forgiving for her own good.  While she had no grounds, proof or evidence for her claims, she was in fact so very close to the truth.  However if she saw his true nature unleashed, he had no doubt she would crack and flee in terror.  Especially since he was stronger than she was.  With this quest completed his level had boosted from level thirty seven to level thirty eight.  It was...  A pathetic number to be at, but there it was.  He needed to seriously work on grinding quests, as well as increasing the potency of his relationship with Hestia.  Despite the fact that he seemed to be swaying her, he could never be too careful.  He could even use her to convince others that he was pure and just, as well as a good friend.  He listened carefully as she gave her idea for her outfit and when she finished he nodded, slowly at first.

"I like it...  You definitely have a great mind Hestia.  I definitely cannot wait to see it.  But, do you have any ideas or thoughts as far as the names go?  I don't know what you've named your current gear, but it has to be something good.  Whether it's name is directly related to the Gods you've chosen for the armor or not would be completely up to you of course."  Porvós noticed Kuro's renewed interest and lifted his head to meet Kuro's eyes.  He flicked his tongue out curiously before leaning out to the lion, wanting to see how he'd react.  Rhozarth watched as the two interacted.  When the players had killed the flaming snakes mother, and found him there, Rhozarth realized they were taking on a child, literally.  Rhozarth was sort of Porvós' adopted father.  Therefore the familiar had it's eyes on Kuro the entire time.

@Hestia

I think for a bit on the idea of names. I think and shakes my head for a bit. I don't have any real names for the armor at the moment besides what my shield was. Something dealing in twilight, or harmony since i don't think their was a greek god of twilight that i can remember. Also, i am very sure that Artemis, and Apollo didn't have children together. I say with a slight shudder at the thought of that since that would be rather disturbing in today's idea of such a relationship. Back then however i could imagine that to be true. Especially since if i remember correctly Artemis might've been one of the virgin goddesses. I say not sounding entirely sure on that. For my shield i'll choose the simple name of the Gorgon's stare, and for my blade. Well i don't really have a design for that, but i think i would want something like Ares in it. Blade of Chaos? I say trying to think of a appropriate name for the blade as i look at my current one examining it as i try to form a design and name to such a thing. Hmmm something to think on for sure. I know i do want bleed on this so maybe try to incorporate that in some way. I say thinking out loud at this point as i look around and realize we're still in the forest. Let's go back for now since staying out in the forest where a monster can attack isn't exactly on my list of priorities to do. I say as i look at you.

My familiar Kuro stares at the snake Povos and doesn't flinch or move at all as the snake moves closer. Not moving only observing for the moment the snake that is in front of him.

Domarus listened to her talk, and mention how Artemis and Apollo didn't have children of any sort, shuddering at the thought.  Domarus had chuckled himself.

"I was thinking of something along the lines of 'Frenemies' since Apollo and Artemis never got along well.  However I can see where you're going.  Congruity, or Amity could be a word to use.  Or we could use the greek form of the words."  She then continued, mentioning how for her shield she'd like to go with a simple name of Gorgon's stare.  He thought of this and believed that it wasn't a bad go at it, in all honesty.  Especially if the shield was large enough to block most of her body, and become all her enemies or opponents could see.  She then moved to her blade, and how she didn't have style for it, but would want something related to Ares in it.  He thought along with her for an appropriate title..

"What about...  Craving Carnage?  It would certainly match Aeres and his personality.  Although it may be a bit dark..."  Domarus was already making his own plans for upgrades to his armor when he reached tier three.  His Hopebreaker set would be revamped yet again, now that he had recently discovered the gift of cosmetics.  So long as it wasn't over the top insane he could go with whatever he wanted.  His Sovereignty armor would remain relatively the same however.  For his dark armor, he was mulling over ideas of what to add or create.  Should he add runes or designs on his armor that pulsed red as well?  Should he add tentacle like parts that could retract and emerge at will?  Perhaps he could add a feature that clouded him in a dark mist, or parts of his armor could ignite on fire for show.  There were so many possibilities he could choose from.  The key was to find the right combination that would increase his intimidation factor rather than decrease it.  Porvós watched as there was no apparent movement and moved to make contact with Kuro, Keres moving closer so that he could.  The familiar slowly moved it's head closer, until it's cheek was rubbing against Kuro's, continuing forward into the lion's mane.  Porvós was still curious about why the hair grew longer there, and nowhere else.

@Hestia

Frenemies do fit those two rather well. I say nodding with a chuckle knowing of their relationship which is just another reason why the two would never in their lives have children together, and i can only hope that no one ever suggests that to whatever NPC Gods are on Mt.Olympus on the 17th floor. I then hear your suggestion for my blade and nods my head with a smile as that would be rather fitting for what i want my blade to be. Craving Carnage then. I say with a smile taking your name without any hesitation as i look at my blade as i wonder what would fit it now in terms of design. Now then what should the blade look like since i already have what i need for my armor, and shield. I now need something for my blade that would be rather appropriate for it to be. I say as i look at it and inspect trying to imagine what it would look like and how i would strike with it.

My familiar kuro lets the snakes move towards its mane and rub its cheek. The lion returning the gesture when the snake does so wishing to be kind to the little things. Kuro now able to tell the curiosity is most likely similar to that of a child.

To Domarus' mild surprise, she took the violent name he had presented for her sword rather quickly, and without any hesitation.  With her personality, and with the aggressiveness of the name, he felt she would have wanted something else.  Then again, there really was nothing else to name a weapon that was being designed after Ares, the god of war and destruction.  Why she'd choose to have a weapon after him in the first place was beyond Domarus, but he could see himself as the embodiment of the God of war and conquest.  Of course only a select few would ever know the connection and his personality, but the truth was always there.  Keres would probably want to work on his armor and weapons, make them more war like and such.  Anything to have conversation with him he supposed.  She then mentioned how while she now had the name of the sword, she still did not have the design of it.  Domarus thought for a second before he had an idea.  He opened his menu and pulled out a blank sheet of paper and a charcoal pencil, as this was medieval times.  He began to sketch it out, never failing on his first attempt.  He started with the blade, then the handle, drawing how the handle branched, or leaked out into the blade, almost blending with it.  He drew the curve of the blade, almost like the swords of ancient Egyptians, and when he finished the sketch he used the charcoal to shade the drawing before handing it to Hestia.

"How does that look?"

@Hestia

As i state my problem i see you getting to work on a solution as i just watch you start to draw the designs of something as i just patiently wait for you to do so as i decide to do something within that time of waiting for you to finish up the drawing. I equip my golden cloak the golden fleece and starts to look around the field for any signs of a treasure chest, or anything that could be of use while we're here on this floor. My eyes looking for any signs of it. My familiar still just letting the little snake that is Povos to do as he wants unless it could be dangerous to his health. My familiar just as curious about the snake as it is Kuro. Kuro's curiosity stemming from trying to understand how a snake can turn itself on fire and not on fire at will.

I grin as i spot a treasure chest a bit away as i walk over to it and pulls it from the ground. The chest being in the direction of where the king had walked as i bring it back over towards you and Keres, and then sets it down with a grin on my face. I then see your design and nods my head liking how it looks. The blade being quite different from the one i use now, but from how it is designed i could see it being used in real life. Like it was meant to disarm people in terms of its design, or catch between armor plating. I then look to the blade and grins liking how it moves into the blade. Making it look rather interesting in terms of how it could be designed. I like the design Domarus, and while you were doing that i found myself a chest that we could open. I say with a smile on my face.

#91180  LD:18+3=21  Chest Found!

Keres watched as Hestia began to look around for something while Domarus was drawing, Kuro aiding her in this.  She smiled as this would mean she was diligent and a hard worker, always doing something.  Domarus would certainly be pleased with this.  In the meantime, Keres figured she could help by looking for materials.  She stroked Porvós who began slithering down her body onto the ground, and began crawling through the land looking for materials of any sort.  Rhozarth stood where he was, unmoving as he kept an eye on Kuro until he was separated from Porvós, watching both him and Hestia.  Domarus was watching Hestia from the corner of his eyes, watching her pull the chest from the ground and bring it over to Domarus.  He listened to her mentioning how she liked the design, and he sent her the piece of paper via message, so she could hold onto it.  He nodded at her final statement.

"Yes I noticed, congratulations!  I haven't bothered with chests too much lately since they don't provide as much rewards as I wish they did.  Oh well.  Let's see what lies in store for us shall we?"  Keres was walking around when she spotted some materials and smiled, picking them up for Domarus.

ID#  91206  CD:  6  LD:  16  +2 MAT

@Hestia

Edited by Domarus

I nod my head with a smile as i take out my sword opening chests the way i decide to do so. Which i consider dumb, but a lot of fun to do so as i take my sword and push it into the space between the chest trying to open it that way. After a bit of fiddling i manage to open the chest as i smile a bit at the success that it wasn't a mimic of any kind thankfully. With the chest opening showing a pop up box to show what i got for my efforts. I nod my head finding them suitable as i look towards Domarus. I honestly care for the materials if they're tier 2. I need the little bit of a boost towards making my armor since i have no tier 2 at the moment. I tell Domarus not caring that much for the COL since from what i have in my mind i should have enough COL to pay Macradon. I look towards my familiar Kuro who is laying on the ground at the moment just watching the conversation happen with not that much interest.

225 COL, 3 materials, 2 rare consumables.

#91207   LD: 6+3=9

Domarus watched her take out her sword in an attempt to open it up.  A creative way to do it, but Domarus felt there were better results.  Such as using a lock pick, or using a weapon to break the lock itself.  What she was attempting to do was use leverage to not only open the chest, but to push it enough so that the lock busted.  regardless of how efficient this was or not, she had successfully managed to open up the chest, revealing it's contents.  He saw her menu pop up revealing a total of three materials, two hundred and twenty five col, as well as two rare consumables.  He knew she'd keep them, he would have as well.  She had mentioned how she was really caring to find tier two materials and he shrugged with a sad smile.

"The tier rate is only as good as the floor you're on.  Tier two materials are found on floors eleven through twenty.  Tier three on floor twenty one.  Surely you see the pattern there.  Same thing with equipment too.  Those consumables will be tier one only unfortunately."  Keres continued looking for materials and spotted yet another two, smiling as she took those as well.  Domarus stretched his arms for a moment before talking again.  

"Alright then!  We could either go get your new equipment now, head to a tier two floor to gather materials, or we could head out to clear another quest we haven't handled yet.  What do you say?"  Domarus was fine with any of these options of course, though he'd rather deal with quests in order to get stronger.

ID#  91208  CD:  6  LD:  19  +2 MAT

@Hestia

Edited by Domarus

I see you not mention you would want any of the items from the chest so i just shrug and keep them for myself as i smile at the fact i can keep them. Well i'm going to go get my tier 2 gear Domarus. Going to go to Itzal's shop, and then head over to the blacksmith of the Blazing Typhoon to try and get them all ready to go. I say with a nod of my head as i look towards my familiar and gives him a nod as he flies over towards me as i give you a wave. It has been nice speaking to you for now Domarus. However, i must take my leave to prepare myself for future quests. i will make sure to message you again most likely after the creation of my armor and i receive the armor. To have us go on another quest since getting stronger as fast as possible is the most important thing to do. Since the frontlines wait for nobody. I say as i give a wave and then starts making my way towards the teleporter of this floor after you say any goodbyes that you wish to do. As i just follow my familiar since it is a animal and any animal has better eyesight then human's in general. With that thought in mind i follow my familiar trusting it to lead me towards the town.

I don't look back as i keep a mental note that i hadn't notice any peculiar behavior that could lead to any hints of him being deceptive, but at the sametime hadn't really tried probing for that behavior at all during this quest. Just observed when i can his actions during the quest and if anything could be seen from them.

(OOC: last post in this thread for me unless you wish me to do summary)

Domarus listened as Hestia stated that she was going to go get her tier two armor from Macarodon's shop, or order it rather.  He nodded in understanding and listened as she mentioned preparing herself for quests in the future, and how it was nice to talk with him for a change.  Oh this was more than mere talk.  Domarus had successfully convinced her, for the most part, that she was wrong.  He was certain she felt right deep down, and he would purge that soon enough, but for the moment this was enough.  It was the stepping stone to controlling her completely, and every step counted.  He had to tread carefully, but it would seem progress would be plentiful once she was his.  She had mentioned taking on stronger quests with him once her new equipment was finished and he nodded, a hearty smile on his face as he chuckled.

"Ah, you are indeed correct there Hestia.  Alright then I'll see you later.  I'll probably keep training today, as I have nothing better to do.  Maybe save up some col for a guild hall.  Message me once you're ready for another quest alright?"  Yes..  He'd need to train on the ninth floor if he was to get any loot.  That was his destination.  Hopefully nothing went wrong when he travelled there.

Summary

3 sp each

Domarus:  950 col, 4 MAT

Hestia:  1,175 col, 2 Uncommon T1 Consumables, 3 MAT, <<Nature's Blessing>>. This item has (3) charges and may not be refilled. This item does not stack and may not be sold for Col, it becomes bound to the player. When used, Nature's Blessing heals you for (15 x Tier), where the tier is your highest available tier at the time, HP

Edited by Domarus