[PP-F1] «The First Few Lesson are Free» Starting out right.... hopefully

As she bits on her lower lip slowly, kaya intense glares over the quest boards of the Town of Beginnings. She's taken a couple of quests here and there before and so far, they've all been unsuccessful, but she still kept faith. "One of these quests has to be the right way to start things off right?" she thought. As she perused over the quests, she casually lays a finger on her cheek. while he other hand laid crossed across her chest. After a lot of thought, she gave into one that seemed to be the right starting quest for noobies. "«The First Few Lessons are Free» huh? We'll see." She quickly takes the quest and begins to make her way to the NPC.

After 5 minutes of wandering and searching, Kaya, finally finds the old man NPC, Zackariah. Next to the NPC, she spots another noobie who seems to be starting the quest, too. "Hey! Are you taking the quest from the old man too?" She question the player in hopes that the answer was a simple "yes".

@Kimi

Kaya | Level 3 | HP 60/60 | E 6/6 | DMG 7 | ACC 3 | EVA 2 | MIT 9 | LD 2
Le Chat Rouge [+3 DMG]; Ring of Accuracy [+3 ACC]; Assurance [2 EVA, 9 MIT]; Reindeer Antlers of Finding [2 LD]

Edited by Kaya
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Kimi was traveling about the Town of Beginnings and taking in taking in the sight. She stumbled upon the main market district and was astonished at all the stalls and stores. "This is more beautiful than any game i've played before!" She thought to herself taking in every detail that lay in front of her. she whispered to herself. Taking in a deep breath she excitedly strolled along looking at all the interesting wears and gears that dotted along each stall. As she kept walking along she stopped sighed. "I've found where to shop... But how do i find a quest?" She grumbled to herself with her arms crossed. While scanning the area she found a quest board. "OH! So that's where you've been!" She exclaimed as she hurried over.  "«The First Few Lessons are Free» Perfect! a newbie quest!" She happily said to herself. With the quest in mind she went straight to the quest giver. After taking some time getting to the quest giver she made it. The quest giver was a old man NPC called Zackariah. Right about when she was going to say something someone from behind her called out. "Hey! Are you taking the quest from the old man too?" to which she can only reply "Yes".

Kimi | Level 1 | HP 20/20 | E 2/2 | DMG 1 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 | MIT 18 | LD 0
Fighter Spirit Tunic (+18 MIT); Butterknife vanity +20 butter efficiency  

Edited by Kimi

It was only for a moment, but to Kaya it was like hours. As the noobie turned towards Kaya, her short flowing hair blew in the wind as if in slow motion. A cute girl with glasses, stared at her with stoic green eyes and gave her a subtle "yes." Before she knew it, Kaya grew flustered. Her face turning somewhat red she tried letting out words, "W-w-w-wah wanna p-p-party up then?" This girl was cute, but then again, to Kaya, a lot of girls were cute. After falling aback for a moment, Kaya collects her thought before letting out an awkward cough.

"R-right... let's party up for this quest, it's boring doing it solo right? he..hehe" Kaya, scratched her head as she gave the player an awkward laugh. Hopefully she would say yes to the party up. After everything that's happened, she could use a friend in this godforsaken death game.

"You two must be here for the quest I put up." Before the two could interact with each other some more, the old man NPC began talking to the two as if knowing that they're going to be taking his quest. "It's a simple request, go out in the fields and each of you gather me 5 T1 materials. You can get them by collecting them from the ground." The old man kept speaking and before they knew it, the quest has already begun. 

"Uh.... I guess there's no more declining this quest now huh? Come on, it's easier when you're not a lone." Kaya, looked off in the distance as her eyes gazed over the entrance to the northern gates of the town.

@Kimi

Knowing that Kimi couldn't ask for a better chance at making a new friend she gladly without hesitation partied with this. It wasn't often when she could've asked for a better situation so she thought to herself, "just go with the flow hehe."  Snickering a little because she didn't have to muster up the courage to ask this girl to party. As the two were getting ready for their quest. Kimi almost completely forgot to introduce herself to the other player, "Ohh yeah, My names' Kimiya Heiloa, but you can call me Kimi." she said nonchalantly as if they already knew one another. "I was thinking since we're both stuck in this death game I might as well tell you my real name." While Kimi said that normally she felt a deep hopelessness as "death game" rolled off her tongue. Kimi took a hard look at the paved ground and thought to herself, "Death game... I have to do my best to find my brothers and protect them." She quickly snapped out of it and said "this is no time for that." She looked up at the girl next to her and strongly said "I'm ready!"

Edited by Kimi

Kaya took a deep breathe as she slowly worked up the courage to step out of the safe zone and into the wilderness that was the 1st floor plains. "Right... let's go." she says as she took her first few steps. It's been some time since she walked out here. That said, she drew her new crimson scythe, "Le Chat Rouge." You can never be too careful out there. "Come on, I know some spots to gather material." With confidence, she quickly grabs on to Kimi's hand and leads the way. Her hands were soft and pure. It's amazing how this game could replicate someone's person, down to the very cracks on their fingers.

After walking some distance away from The Town of Beginnings, the two arrive at a spot just in the the outskirts of a forest. There should be a bunch of materials here. She says as she begins to scour the area, but only to find nothing.

ID# 91035 results: Loot: 12

@Kimi

Edited by Kaya

When outside Kimi hesitated a bit because she hasn't stepped outside the safe zone yet, but she managed to muster up the courage as she watched Kaya walk out with confidence. The plains right outside the safe zone were calm and soothing. How calming it was took down her anxiety of leaving the safe zone. Kimi hasn't seen so much lush grass swaying with the gentle breeze. Some part of her wanted to lay down and sleep, but she knew the dangers of being outside the safe zone. This wasn't too much of a concern to her because she felt safe alongside Kaya who looked like she knew what she was doing.

Out in the distance the she could make out the wilderness which slowly crept up. It wasn't as dark as she expected it to be, but then again this is just the first floor. As they reached the wilderness Kaya pulled out her scythe and called out to Kimi saying "Come on, I know some spots to gather material." while reaching for Kimi hand. Kimi was too slow to retract her hand, but she didn't mind. They came up to a spot which Kaya began searching for materials, but came up with nothing. "Maybe I might have better luck." Kimi shrugged as she began searching.

Sadly her luck didn't play out to well. "Well this sucks, I think there are better spots than this, Lets go!" Kimi said with full confidence though she knew herself that she had no idea what shes doing. She gestured at Kaya to follow her, and reached for her hand. Which Kaya took without hesitation as they made their way to a small forest clearing. "This spot looks promising." Kimi said trying to hide the fact shes clueless.

ID# 91036 results: Loot: 12

@Kaya

Edited by Kimi

So far, it hasn't really been a great start to this quest. Both Kimi and Kaya failed to find anything from the spot that Kaya suggested. Last time she was here, she managed to find a couple of materials here, but this time, no luck. Before Kaya could suggest another spot, Kimi grabs hold of Kaya's hands and gestures her to another location.

The eventually finds themselves closer to the forest. As Kimi suggests this spot, the rougette eyes the area. "I guess..." Kaya bit her lower lip as she looked down at the ground somewhat kicking the air. She was the higher level - kind of, yet she's the one being led around. As she kicks the air she spots a shiny flower right next to her feet. "Ooohh!!!! found one!" She exclaimed as she crouched down to grab the material. She then quickly stand up and faces Kimi, giving her a big grin on her face and victory sign. "9 more to go!"

ID# 91042 results: Loot: 16 (14+2)

1 T1 Material

@Kimi

Edited by Kaya

When Kaya discovered the bright flower, Kimi couldn't help but raise her chest, smile, and boastfully say "See didn't I tell you this looks like a promising spot." Kimi was honestly just as surprised as Kaya when she found the flower, who knew that they would actually find one in a spot she randomly suggested. While Kaya began searching near her spot, Kimi decided to go a few meters away, but never out of sight. She didn't want to be the only one without a flower so she went to a fairly nice spot with lots of shade and began searching.

While tracking her way around a few trees she spotted one. "I got one!" Kimi said excitedly. Who knew that this area would actually pay off. With one more flower down the two of them we're feeling more hopeful. At the pace they were going the quest would be finished soon, but she doesn't mind spending more time looking for flowers. She came back to Kaya to show her that she has a flower too now. 

ID# 91045 results: Loot: 17

1 T1 Material

Edited by Kimi

Not long after Kaya found some materials, Kimi herself also found sound. "Sweet! At this rate, we'll be done before sundown." As depressing as that sounds, this was the reality of the two. At their current levels, this would take a while, probably until sundown. But that wasn't going to stop them from grinding levels and materials.

The two spread out some more to look for other materials. As rougette wandered off, she trips and falls over. Before she knew it, her face was planted on the ground. Against her foot, was a root of some sort. "Ow... what was that?" She question as she looked at what seemed to be a root. It was glowing as if you could collect it. Thinking it was another jackpot, she quickly grabs hold of the root and pulls tightly until she manages to rip off a piece of the root. Unfortunately, the piece wasn't enough and the entire material shattered away into crystals. She falls back to the soft grass as she looks up to the sky. "Damn... I thought I had that."

ID# 91050 results: Loot: 1

@Kimi

Edited by Kaya

Things were looking up for the two as they only had eight pieces left to collect. As Kimi spent the next few minutes looking for the materials she needs nothing seemed to come her way. A few minutes turning into ten and not so soon into thirty minutes. Kimi was frustrated at how bad her luck was coming around this time. "Guess you can say it's Karma." Kimi said as she shrugged trying to get the hopeless feel off her shoulder. Kimi went about looking for a better spot to search while still staying within the forest clearing. Sadly however nothing came up, but at least this can't be any worse. There were no monsters or beasts around, and the weather was very pleasing. All that there is to it is to keep her mind on the task at hand and try harder. This was the reality for her, in exchange for not fighting monsters or beast she has to spend her day tediously looking for material.

ID# 91053 results: Loot: 10

@Kaya

Edited by Kimi

Kaya looked over to her partner, and seems like she's got no luck also with gathering, too. Kaya took a deep breathe as she looked up to the sky. You would never believe this place was a death game if you looked at the surroundings. The grass, the wind, it all felt real and beautiful, but in reality, it was a game about life and death.

After taking one more deep breathe, Kaya slowly gets up looks around her area. Off in the distance was Kimi, but other than that, there was nothing here except for grass. As kaya got up to her feet, she spots a glimmer next to Kimi's feet. She's seen that glimmer before. "Kimi wait! don't move!" She yelled as she ran over to the noirette, but before Kimi could dodge stepping on the material, she steps on it and it breaks into crystals. "Damn...." Kaya fell to her knees as she struggled to regain her breathe.

ID# 91055 results: Loot: 2

@Kimi

Edited by Kaya

"Ahhhh, we lost one..." Kimi said disappointingly. With that mistake in mind she thought that she should be more careful as to where she's going. Kimi started by going tree to tree on her knees just to be watchful of where she was stepping. While scavenging the uneven ground she came upon a peculiar yellow shine from beneath the tree and began digging it up. "I got it finally!" Kimi said feeling more energetic now that she made up for the last material she crushed. The new spot that she found seemed to be the right choice, she unearthed a glowing tree root perfectly. "Good thing i decided to switch spots, wouldn't want to spend another thirty minutes looking for these things." She said full of satisfaction. With one more down she knew that its best not to stick to one spot. So instead she made her way to the middle of the clearing where the grass was taller than its surroundings and continued to crawl once more.

ID# 91060 results: Loot: 19 

1 T1 Material 

Edited by Kimi

OOC: Woops sorry

This was getting to be more troublesome than it really asked for. This would've been easier had the quest allowed them to hunt for boars or something, but nope. We had to scavenge for the materials. Being that there's two of them, they had to scavenge for 10 materials at that. As kaya groveled on the ground still somewhat trying to catch her breathe, he notices that Kimi manages to get another material. "Nice just need two more now." She says as she began searching the area also on her hands and knees like Kimi was doing. With luck, she could find one more material to add to the group. Sadly, that wasn't the case. After minutes upon minutes of searching. Nothing. It's like this place was either barren or luck just wasn't on Kaya's side today. "Let's try another spot," She told Kimi as she looked off into the distance, at an open field which seemed to be filled with flowers. Maybe there were even herbs there too.

ID# 91160 results: Loot: 13 (11+2) Nothing

@Kimi

Total Loot
1 T1 Material

Edited by Kaya

Trying to gather the herbs was really taking a toll on the two of them. Kimi just wanted to get this over with as soon as possible so she stopped complaining. As she took a look at the new area she enjoyed the change in scenery and the flowers was a nice touch to it also. Being surrounded by flowers felt like the thing the two really needed. As Kimi stood in the middle of the field trying to catch a glimpse of materials they might need in plain sight. Nothing could be seen except for the colorful flowers. However this didn't discourage Kimi. She was just hoping she might get lucky and find one right of the bat. As she continued, but this time on all fours looking for materials nothing came up except more and more flowers. "Any luck on your side?" Kimi called out. She hoped maybe at least Kaya could find something useful especially since shes the one to suggest this area.

ID# 91242 results: Loot: 9 nothing

Edited by Kimi

The two arrived at the flower field that Kaya mentioned. There was sure to be some herb here or something. There were so many things here, so there was bound to be one or two things here. That said, the two got on all fours and began searching the area. After a few minutes of searching, they came up with nothing. "No nothing here either. Wanna try the forest again?" Kaya questioned hoping that maybe coming back to the forest would work. Perhaps the area's materials finally respawned by now. As the two began to walk back, Kaya notices a small glint on the ground. As she crept closer to take a closer look, she realizes she found a 4 leaf clover. "OHHH! Kimi! Look what I found! A 4 leaf clover!" Kaya spoke excitedly. This was the first time she's found a 4 leaf clover, ever. She quickly took the material and stuck it into her inventory. "Alright! 6 more to go!"

ID# 91245 results: Loot: 20 +1 T1 Material

@Kimi

Total Loot
2 T1 Material

Edited by Kaya

"Nice find! It's the first time i've ever seen one." Kimi said excitedly. While making their way back Kimi noticed another glimmer shine. As Kimi ran towards it she was mistaken. What was glimmering was just a collection of water on some grass. As they entered the forest clearing once more. Kaya began searching where she left off. It wasn't too long when they left this spot to search in the flower fields. So hope of finding another very needed material was slim. As she began crawling on the rough dirt. Kimi was unlucky enough to have accidentally placed her hand in mud which made her slip and now covered her shoulder and forearm. "UGH! Could this get any worse?!" She said removing some of the mud. "I guess luck really isn't on my side today."  Kimi stared at the sky for a moment checking trying to calm her head. As they continue onward with the search, nothing came up for Kimi. She just hoped Kaya would have better luck at this more so now that ever with her 4 leaf clover. Kimi made her way to Kaya while also scanning the area for anything that might be of value. 

ID# 91249 results: Loot: 7

Edited by Kimi

The two searched the area some more, hoping the luck of the 4 leaf clover would be of any help. Alas, after an hour of more searching they just couldn't find anything. "Guess we picked this place clean already of materials. Let's try the forest again." She suggested as she began walking to Kimi. They been at it for hours now, and everything just seemed stagnant. As the two began walking back to the forest, Kaya didn't look where she was going and ended up tripping over a rock cause her to fall forward. As she fell forward, she notices a glimmer just below her. She was falling right on top of whatever it was.Hoping it wouldn't break, she tried to catch herself, but only to fail miserably. As she looks back at the glimmer, all she can see are crystals fading in the air. "Damn... that could've been 5 for us."

ID# 91283 results: Loot: 1

@Kimi

Total Loot
2 T1 Material

Edited by Kaya

The two of them slowly made their way to the forest once again. Sadly Kaya crushed a possible material, but at least they knew there are still some in the forest. This time around Kimi felt as if she might get a little lucky and find some materials. As they traversed looking for a nice spot clean of any traces of players. Kimi spotted a tuft of purple grass that had a shine on it. She could barely believe that she stumbled onto some material. "Finally got another." She said with a faint smile. Just then out of the shrubbery a rabbit swiped at the grass and took it away. For some reason on the back of her mind. Kimi suspected something were to happen, so she didn't pay to much mind at her own misfortune. It was only a matter of time before the two collect 10 pieces of material and its only though dedication they will complete this quest.

ID# 91286 results: Loot: 13

@Kaya

Edited by Kimi

Kaya watched as Kimi tried to collect another material she found, only to be stolen right from under her by a rogue bunny. Kaya was in shock and awe at the site. She'd never expect a creature of this world to just do that. Was it natural or was it a bug, a flaw, in this world? Kaya couldn't have ever known. Only Kayaba could know the truth. As she began to walk over to Kimi to try and comfort her, she felt a sudden tug from my Reindeer Antlers of Finding, a unique item she got from a mysterious alchemist. Following it, it led her straight to another set of materials. Basil, to be exact. Perfect for cooking. "Oh this is perfect! I could make some italian food or something. Maybe pizza, or spaghetti." Kaya grew more excited, she wanted to finish this quest already so she could get cooking.

ID# 91303 results: Loot: 16 (14+2) +1 T1 Material

@Kimi

Total Loot
3 T1 Material

Edited by Kaya

As Kaya mentioned pizza Kimi's stomach uttered a growl. She hasn't had the chance the chance to eat yet. As the thought of finishing this quest and getting food flooded her mind. Kimi glanced at the direction the bunny ran off with her material and followed after it. The bunny didn't get far and it seemed to have went inside a burrow. As Kimi was deciding on the best way to get the stolen material without destroying it. She gave up on that thought and stuck her arm into the hole in hope of recovering it. Kimi combed around in the burrow for a bit until it she felt the texture of grass and quickly grabbed it hoping the bunny wouldn't take it back. To her surprise the herb like grass was in pristine condition like how it was before the bunny had taken it. Kimi had finally gotten another material after failing to find any for some time now. She took in a deep breath and stretch letting some stress "Whew, thank god its still in tact. I wouldn't know what to do if i broke it." she said in a sigh of relief.

ID# 91308 results: Loot: 16

Total Loot
3 T1 Material

Edited by Kimi