[PP-F1] Taking Lessons, Part 1 <<TFFLAF>> [Complete]

Krysta left the inn, thanking someone for directions to a place in the Town of Beginnings. "Thank you, I really appreciate it!" It was past time for her to get started on those beginner quests she had heard about, but better late than never! "Right, so it was in this direction...right?" She pulled up her map, pointing at her current location and her destination, trying to remember the path. "These beginner quests...it doesn't sound too dangerous at all, but I should remember to be careful..." She was only level three, and she had yet to accomplish much. However, without growing stronger as she learned(mostly by the help of these quests), her chances of succeeding at her goals would be alarmingly low. It wasn't easy to remember all the correct turns on the town's road when it was practically bustling with people! Eventually, she reached the area where her destination would be. She was looking at her map again as she walked, trying to make sure she was headed for the right place. When she closed her map, she looked straight again, just in time to end up bumping into someone!

@Hestia

Edited by Krysta

I smile as i look around what is practically a city. Which now that i think about it is kind of funny they call it the town of beginnings of all things. I smile a bit as i look at all of the people walking about be it players or NPCs. This floor being a rather good meeting place for most since it doesn't require much to figure out where things are since every player is rather intimate of their knowledge of this floor. Knowing most of the turns and corners of where to go for what thing they are searching things out. I watch all the players with curiosity as my blue eyes looks at everything around as i see that most seem to be walking with a purpose knowing where they are going, and having groups of friends or a group of some kind at their side. I nod my head glad that these players know what they are doing. To travel in a group is always for the betterment of everyone since nobody knows when a player killer can come to attack and kill. During my musings i don't notice the person in front of me until it is to late.

Umph- Oh i'm sorry i wasn't really looking where i was going. I say apologetically to this girl in front of me as i stop to say this. My familiar who is at my side walking on all fours stops also to observe this person. My familiar being a lion with wings as black as night, and fur as white as snow. I run my hand through some of my black hair that has silver streaks through it. Is their anyway i can try to repay you for bumping into you? Anything i can help you with? I ask you curiously.

"Oof! Ah! I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going..." Apparently the girl Krysta had bumped into apologized as well. At the same time. The girl had a familiar, too. It seemed to be observing Krysta curiously. The girl asked her if there was any way she could try to repay her for bumping into her. "Not really, it was my fault. However, I am heading to Zachariah's workshop to start on the beginner quests, if you would like to come with." Krysta had to admit, it would be kind of lonely soloing a quest... Perhaps this girl was willing to accompany her? "I'm really not in the mood to solo a quest, actually... It would just feel so lonely. Would she be willing to come along on this quest of mine?" It seemed that a beginner quest would be so easy compared to other things, but even that could have some problems, especially if Krysta was alone.

@Hestia

I chuckle a bit hearing that we managed to apologize at the same exact time. I then hear you say it is your fault as i smile a bit finding that rather well since you take the fault even though from the sounds of it. it was both of our faults as i then say. Well it is more both of our faults. How about that miss. I say in a kind tone of voice not knowing your name at the moment, so i just call you miss to be polite. Also i'd be happy to help you start off those lesson quests. My name is Hestia by the way. Wandering Tank who just helps out players wherever i can. With today being floor one in my patrol in seeing if people need help. I say in a rather cheerful tone as i open up my inventory and takes out a item. A golden cloak that would go to my feet. The back having the depiction of a ram in scarlet red. The ends of the coat having a bit of fur as i move it over to you. Put this on miss. It will help in finding those items you'll be looking for in this quest. However, i would like it back of course when you complete this quest that i'll be accompanying you on. I say in a kind tone as i hand the cloak to you as it immediately changes to fit your height, and everything to be the perfect size.

My familiar moves over to you and walks around you as if inspecting you after a bit he just walks over to me and seems much more relaxed as i nod my head knowing that means Kuro is fine with you from first opinions he has made.

The girl seemed obliged to help with the beginner quests. She introduced herself as Hestia. "Hestia...like the Greek goddess of the hearth?" It was nice to know that there were players who loved helping others. She gave a golden cloak embroidered with a scarlet ram to Krysta, saying that it would help for finding items during the quest. "Sure, thanks!" She didn't know when she would need it, but she would probably be needing the item temporarily for this quest. "I'm Krysta. Nice to meet you." Soon enough, the two players reached the workshop. Upon entering, she was greeted by an NPC who must have been Zackariah. "Hello there, miss. Here for some lessons, I assume?" "Yes, I have been needing to do that..." "In that case, all you have to do is gather five materials, bring them to me, and we will continue from there." The accept quest notification popped up on her menu. Krysta pressed accept, and nodded her head. "Got it. Thanks, I'll be back soon!" And she walked out of the workshop.

@Hestia

Yes Hestia like the greek goddess. I say nodding my head with a smile on my face as i watch you take the item that i have given you, and you'd notice when you see it in your inventory, or when you equip it that the armor is called the Golden Fleece. Well Krysta lets get going to the Alchemist. I say with a smile as Kuro just stops still and gives me a look as i chuckle knowing the reason as i happily start following you towards the destination of the shop of Zackariah. Once we arrive i wait outside for you just giving a smile and gesturing you to go in if you stop for me to go in with you. Myself not entering since i don't really see a need for me to do so since this is your quest that you need to accept. Once you exit the shop i give a wave as you can see my familiar holding his paws against his nose do to all the different smells that come from this shop. Don't mind Kuro his sense of smell is stronger since he is a animal so alchemy shops are particularly not the greatest thing for him to be near since he finds them to be the worst thing in this game. I say with a small chuckle. As i get a light swat to my leg for my response as i give my familiar a playful look back down to his look of dislike.

(OOC: So, What is the Item Krysta is borrowing? and What is it's quality? I know you mentioned it's name and it's enhancement, but what is the exact bonus?)

Krysta noticed the familiar's reaction to the mere presence of the alchemist's shop, and how Hestia had responded to the reaction. Krysta let out a soft chuckle. What would it be like to have a familiar? So far, from the ones she had seen, it was a lively experience, and you'd never really be alone... It seemed so wonderful, and Krysta wondered, should she find out how to find a familiar soon? "Having a familiar seems like a lively experience. Honestly, I'm considering looking for one soon already!" The edge of the safe zone was closer than expected. "Well, that didn't take very long at all." "But now comes the tougher part: actually finding things all around, since players are all over the areas, gathering materials like I'm going to do right now, whether it be for this quest, or for other reasons..." She considered herself ready, and stepped outside the safe zone.

@Hestia

(OOC: the item is called the golden fleece. It is a cloak that grant a +3 to the Loot dice:LD  and it is perfect quality.)

I nod my head with a small chuckle hearing the term lively as i am reminded of a familiar i have met. Yeah having a familiar can be lively. Especially if you manage to get one that is particularly energetic. I say while chuckling as Kuro just gives me a look as i just smile down at him. I then follow you towards the exit of the town as you start to make your way towards that. If you think Kuro is lively Krysta then you haven't seen anything. I know a person that has a very fast familiar. Like fast enough to out speed mostly anything it could come across. With the speed being enough when it goes in and out of water at its top speed created a tsunami. I tell you with a smile on my face. If you wish to find a familiar Krysta their is a quest you need to take to find one. With their being two types of familiars. Ones that grant enhancements which is more difficult to find then ones without any. I say to you as i see that we're at the exit to the safe zone.

Krysta equipped the cloak, apparently shown in her inventory as <Golden Fleece>, although it did make some sense knowing the allusion in Hestia's username. Hestia explained that having a familiar really can be a lively experience, especially if it is energetic. "I actually know someone who has a rather laid-back familiar. Vigilon. His familiar, Veriost, seems to be sleeping often..."  Hestia then told Krysta that she hadn't seen anything yet if she thought her familiar was lively, speaking of a familiar that could move, apparently, at a speed that almost reaches, well, Krysta couldn't guess the actual estimation from what was spoken without thinking Sound or Light speed. Then Hestia explained that there was a quest that Krysta would have to take if she was to find a familiar, and the rate of finding a good one. She felt ready to start looking.  "Well, it's time I get searching." And there was a material right there. "One down, four to go."

@Hestia

ID# 91231 LD: 20+3=23(Success)

Materials found: 1/5

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon? that name sounds familiar. I say to myself as i try to think on why as i just open my friends list and scrolls through it and spots the name on it. Then my memory clicks as i think on the dragon. Ohhh yeah that guy he seemed like a nice person definitely someone i would wish to see again to see how he is doing. I say with a nod of my head at that. How has he been doing Krysta? Doing good i hope since well that is always the state everyone wants to be in this game. Especially since the stakes are so high if you aren't doing good in any state of your body.  I say with a small frown at that as i shake my head to get my head out of the darker thoughts that could plague it if i let it do so. Yeah lets get searching for materials. I say with a nod of my head as i decide to help you out with what i can as i look for materials alongside you.

As i look around the ground i don't get so lucky in my search for the item, but i do hear of your success and nods my head. Good job Krysta lets hope that keeps up. I say with a smile as i look around the fields. But man fetch quests are annoying since they rely way to much on us hoping that the RNG is with us. I say in a joking manner to you.

#91234  LD: 6

Krysta listened to what Hestia said. "He has been doing quite well. Still trying to find potential friends and allies, taking quests when he believes that he can handle them... I guess I can also say he is very busy..." Krysta began to wonder, other than the future Guild he'd planned to start, the Rising Dragons, other than constantly trying to do what it is possible for him to do, How did he spend his time? She believed that she knew some about him, but the rest remains a mystery... However, what did Hestia mean exactly by "especially since the stakes are high if you aren't doing good in any state of your body"? As she looked for another material, she asked, "So, um, what exactly do you mean by that? What you said, 'especially since the stakes are high if you aren't doing good in any state of your body'." She noticed that there was nothing in sight, as Hestia explained how fetch quests were annoying in the sense that it relies on players hoping this "RNG" is with them. "Well, I suppose you could say that again..."

@Hestia

ID# 91301 LD: 1+3=4(Failed)

Edited by Krysta

I nod my head with a smile glad to know he is seemingly doing okay, and still is going out to try and help players like i am doing also with what i can. I smile a bit as i wonder if i should take some time out of my regular patrols of floor to specifically go after Vigilon to see if he is in need of help with anything, or if he needs someone to talk to. Knowing that it could possibly be lonely when you keep yourself rather busy. I chuckle a bit at hearing your reaction to the RNG comment and sees that being put into affect as i do continue to help you out with that where i can. I smile as i spot a material and sends it to you hoping that it will count towards your quest counter. If it doesn't then at the very least you now have a material you can use if you ever get into crafting any time soon. Well i'm glad he is doing alright Krysta. he is a rather kind person so it is nice that he is surviving as best as he can in this world while helping others.
#91302  LD: 20

If you aren't doing good physically that means you won't be able to have the energy necessary to go and be productive in this game. If you aren't doing good emotionally you will most likely distance yourself from others and thus not get any real project done in terms of quests since you will eventually hit a bracket, or alternatively if you are not doing good emotionally you could just lock yourself in a room and refuse to ever come out. Like the people on the first floor inns who refuse to get out and get stronger because of fear or depression. Then their is mentally if you aren't doing good mentally you are the most dangerous type out their since their are many directions that can go each one dangerous. If you aren't doing good mentally you could do willing suicide off the edge of the world, unintentional suicide by doing lots of training and never stopping to heal, turn to player killing because you have gone insane, the before mentioned locking yourself away from all of the world. Their are many problems if you aren't doing good in any state of your body. Emotional, physical, or mental. I say honestly to you hoping that i don't come off as to dark for saying that, but knowing what i said can be considered a very real truth about this world we are trapped in.

Hestia was glad to hear that Vigilon was doing well, and commented that he was a kind person. Krysta had to agree. Hestia gave Krysta a material, but it didn't seem to count towards the goal. She then began explaining what she meant by what was said earlier, and...it wasn't the most pleasant of explanations... "So some of these deaths...the game is at fault? And it is also responsible for some people turning dark and..." It was hard to admit at first, however, it was definitely possible. Could Dazia have been one of those afflicted? No, certainly not. There wasn't even the slightest tinge of abnormality or inhumanity, and it seemed that she knew very well what she was doing. Remembering that moment, she recalled that Dazia called Wardege a fool. He was not foolish at all, so then why would she get such an impression? She was now completely confused in this matter, but she brushed those thoughts away for the time being. She still had a quest to finish. She looked around her. Still nothing. Perhaps she could try a different spot?

@Hestia

ID# 91411 LD: 4+3=7(Failed)

Non quest materials: 1

Edited by Krysta

The game is only at fault if you consider it is at fault for turning people against each other. I say honestly to you as we are looking for materials. The game is at fault for creating the conditions where people could get the idea that killing is a solution to some problem they have with another, or it might be possible that one player attacked first and the only out for that fight was to kill off the other. I say honestly as i look to you knowing this is something that is hard to hear. So for people who are killed by player killers you have to ask yourself. Who was the one at fault the killer just having found a reason for their actions, or was it the person who was killed having did something they weren't meant to do and thus creating a player killer out of someone. Since even the kindest of people can have goals and agendas that could be bad for other people. I say in a gentle tone of voice as i look to you.

So the game is at fault if you blame it for setting the conditions for such actions, but the players are to blame for the actual deaths that occur since they did the actions. It just leaves to be determined later if they were in their right mind when doing so. I say as i look around the field for anything and doens't find a single material within sight.

#91413 LD: 7

Hestia began to speak on Krysta's words, saying that the game was at fault for setting up the possibilities of murder, whereas the players were at fault for committing the murders. The remaining question was whether or not the player was in the right mind when committing the murder. Krysta began to dwell on that as she continued searching. "Once more on this spot, and if there isn't anything, moving to a different spot might help..." Upon finding a material, she thought that sticking around might be worthwhile. "Dazia seemed serious, not even a smile, when she was holding me in a false threat...It was truly on purpose, and she knew what she was doing... Rest easy, Leif, you will be avenged. The one responsible for your demise will not go unpunished..." It was a lot to take in, and she thought about this twice, including now. Something would have to be done...

@Hestia

ID# 91528 LD: 15+3=18(Success)

Materials found: 2/5

Edited by Krysta

I watch you pick up another material as i nod my head as i hope that whatever you're thinking about you will find the answer that you are looking for. I look to my familiar who is calmly laying int he fields as he stares at the two of us working on finding materials. I just nod my head glad to know where my familiar is since i would prefer not to have any potential surprises in all of us. I then look around the field for my own materials that i can use in my shop. I grin happily as i do find one as i add it to my inventory so i can use it later. Having picked up the small little crystal and added it to the rest that i have. After having found it i look around the nice fields of this area and walks over to my familiar and just sits down and to enjoy the realness of this fake world. From the light breeze to the feeling of the sun against my skin. The hearing the sounds of nature be it leaves or grass rustling in the wind, or to possible distant animals doing an activity.

#91531  LD: 19

Krysta stopped herself from dwelling on the disturbing subject any further, as it might cause a problem. "So...can we transition to a more pleasant conversation?" Those seemed like the best words for the current moment. Right now, she had three more materials to find, then she would have to bring them to Zackariah, and go from there, since she didn't exactly know if anything else was after that. She didn't know how difficult it would be, but she hoped it would go smoothly from here on out. She found yet another material. This was turning out to be a bit easier than first expected. What luck she was having so far! "Three down, two to go!" She could only hope that this would persist, and she would find the remaining two materials, and work towards completing this quest. She currently didn't have any ideas about what to change the subject of the conversation to just yet, so she continued to search while waiting for Hestia to respond.

@Hestia

ID# 91603 LD: 12+3=15(Success)

Materials found: 3/5

Edited by Krysta

I nod in understanding of why the subject would needed to be changed. The causes of why people would wish to kill is a awkward, and uneasy one especially if a person had seen the effects first hand. Well have you thought about getting a familiar Krysta? What kind of familiar would you want? Like the animal, and what enhancements would you wish for it to give you? I ask changing the subject like you asked  since i can only assume you've been through the death of another player do to how you wished for it to change, and from the fact you seemed to have been in thought for awhile after me having stated reasons for players to go about doing the actions of killing another player for whatever reason they could have. I look to my familiar who walks over to me after i look at him as i gently put his head as i don't mind having a bit of company now, and it seems Kuro feels the same way. I look around the field and spot another crystal as i take it and adds it to the amount of materials i have gathered for myself during this quest.

#91616  LD: 17 

Total: +2 T1 Mats

Krysta stopped to think about Hestia's question. "Hmm... Well, regarding what it is, I'd probably prefer something not so ordinary, like a mythical creature not found in the real world... As for enhancement...I'm not sure yet... Fighter or Healer..." As she continued to dwell on the question of which enhancement, she looked around again, hoping to find something. Another material right there. Just one more, and she would be able to continue with the quest. "I guess either could work. I plan on utilizing both damage and healing." It was nice to switch the subject to something more pleasant, and, frankly, would need to be dealt with soon. After the quest, of course. "So, who and where does the quest start?" While she was here gathering materials, it would help to know more about this quest that involved finding a familiar. She also hoped that she would soon spot the last material.

@Hestia

ID# 91703 LD: 20+3=23(Success)

Materials found: 4/5

Edited by Krysta

Sounds like you're going for a healing DPS then if you wish for damage, and healing. I say with a smile on my face and a nod of my head finding the choice interesting and from what i can is not something that common since healing is not usually on the mind of most DPS since they prefer focusing their damage. I then hear the mythical part as i nod my head expecting that answer since that seems to be the very common answer for a familiar since people prefer having something unique, and otherwordly to us. To have that wonderful mythical creature we could only wish to have back in the real world. For the location it can be found on this floor Krysta. You'll find some gypsy looking woman who will tell you the secrets to taming familiars, and then after that she disappears and the quest is added to your quest log for you to accomplish. I say honestly from what i know from my own experiences.