[F5-PP] Shark out of water <<Sand Shark>>

I watch the sand trip you up a little bit as i nod my head finding that it is understandable since sand is one of the more annoying terrains to try and traverse, so it is only natural that it would also be one of the more difficult terrain to fight in. Just finding that to be regrettable since you are the DPS in this situation so for you to miss is rather not the greatest outcome that could be from this. I just focus as i prep the same attack knowing it is a good chance to keep the enemy from attacking to at least keep our health at maximum for when we have to deal with the sand shark. I bend my knees slightly and makes my way towards the enemy as i move towards the prone form of the monster as i then go to strike it to be able to hit. However, just as i start getting close the creature suddenly burrows underground as it gets its mobility back as it moves underneath the sand before popping back out of the ground and looking towards me ready to fight once more it seems like. Their goes a attack down the drain. I mutter a bit frustrated at the attack missing since i do rather dislike wasting energy. I take a quick calming breathe and focus on the combat like always my familiar keeping watch for any big threats on the horizon while keeping watch on the battle encase i need his assistance once more.

Spoiler

#91293   BD: 2 CD: 1   rising sun: -6+1(natural energy recovery at beginning of turn)=-5

[H:5] Hestia: 500/500     Energy: 31/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

[H:3] Crozeph: 380/380  Energy: 33/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  210/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns) paralyzed/stunned

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Death Worm not once showed signs of liking their attempts and attacks landed to it. The Death Worm looked scornfully at Hestia and began to spin itself like a drill. In a quick motion it aimed itself at Hestia, putting all the weight to push her back or push her down if it can. The attack landed on Hestia, the weight and the damage it deals. The girl however had strong defense, like an impenetrable fort. The Death Worm continued to push her back, determined to take the girl down the ground. It was an attack long overdue to be given to her after missing a lot. It did damage but not something that the Death Worm wants, it craves to kill that's why it was called the Death Worm.

The attack didn't go unseen for Crozeph, in fact he was ready to charge in as soon as Hestia's defense kicked in. Crozeph dashed like a hungry crow towards the side of the worm who is busy pushing Hestia. As soon as Crozeph closed in a couple of feet away, he launched himself towards the worm. Crozeph unleashed one of his powerful sword art in mid-air and the one he's efficient on dealing towards the enemy, Gen Getsu. The slash formed an irregular circle in mid-air hitting the side of its head. The attack was powerful enough sending the worm away and stopping it from pushing Hestia. Crozeph landed in front of Hestia and smiled as held his sword with two hands "very impressive defense, if it was me I'd be dragged down the sand a few feet" he told Hestia as he is impressed by what the girl showed at the Death Worm's attack. The worm stood up and shook it's head violently, still looking at Hestia "I think it likes you" Crozeph jokingly told her.

• ID: 91294
  • BD: 9 [critical] 9 damage + 1 critical = 10 x 6 Gen Getsu = 60 damage
  • MD: 8 [success] = 80 damage - 62 mitigation from Hestia = 18 damage
Spoiler

[H:5] Hestia: 482/500     Energy: 31/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

[H:4] Crozeph: 380/380  Energy: 27/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  150/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns)

I look towards the worm as i watch its movement as i quickly raise my shield and gets into a stance prepping myself. I don't see the attack hit  i surely feel it though as i take the hit behind my shield as i slide back for a inch against the sand doing my best to get footing. Eventually i find the perfect position as i keep my  stance strong to not allow myself to be pushed back anymore as i grin a bit hoping that you can follow up on this moment of the death worm focusing so solely on me. I feel my arm start to tremble as i try to correct the attack but i do feel some of the attack going along the armor on my arm past some of my shield from my shield being pulled a bit to the side do to the drilling. However, when i look towards its health it seems to be losing health from attacking me as i smile guessing that my thorns had kicked in.

I force my shield to slowly get back into position, but a quarter away through my adjustment i feel the attack stop, and i see the death worm get sent away as i grin glad that Crozeph was able to follow up on the moment of opportunity. I see you land in front of me as i smile a bit as i focus on where the death worm is as i allow my mind to work on multi-tasking through adjusting its focus quickly between the two objects being you and the worm. I chuckle a bit at the joke. Seems like the dusty crow knows how to joke around. I say playfully back in a joking manner. Even if it likes me i can't say the feeling is mutual.  I say with a chuckle as i then quickly dash off towards the creature i move up towards it as i strike along its chest once and as soon as i do so. Kuro! now! I call out to my familiar as i strike along the worm once more as i throw my sword up as Kuro grabs it out of the air and slice along its eyes once more stunning it and static electricity running along the monster showing it has been paralyzed. My familiar flies down and hands me my sword as i quickly back away from the death worm. Retreating back towards you.

Spoiler

#91295  BD: 9   CD:6     Rising sun: 5+1x3=18 DMG, Paralyze/stun activates, +1 energy do to recovery.    -6+2=-4 energy

[H:5] Hestia: 482/500     Energy: 27/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

Death Worm:  118/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns)

The Death Worm began acting much more violent. Crozeph saw that it was planning on attacking Hestia again. The worm began moving at a zigzag direction towards Hestia. But it fell down all of a sudden. Crozeph was surprised "it seems paralyzed still" he uttered. Crozeph moved in and tried to attack the worm but failed to land his blow. The worm might be unable to attack but its struggle to move caused for clouds of sand to rise rendering Crozeph vision of his target. Crozeph moved away as soon as he didn't feel his blade sink on the skin of the worm, it might cause disadvantage for him. Crozeph used his right arm to cover his eyes "man it sure is trying to get out of paralysis, we should be ready after that wears out" he told Hestia, who is still readying herself also "a huge chunk of its health points is gone, we'll be able to finish this sooner than I planned" he told himself.

• ID: 91339
  • BD: 5 [fail]
  • MD: 8 [success] paralyzed = no damage
Spoiler

[H:5] Hestia: 482/500     Energy: 27/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

I watch as the creature kicks up sand into the air and area around its body. I sigh softly as i take a bit of the red cloth that is part of my armor and wrap some around my mouth, and around above my eyes not wanting to use one arm to protect my vision. Instead i just improvise with what i have and then quickly move forward as fast as i can wishing to continue this trend of stopping this creatures attacks before it can impede our progression to much. However, as i enter the kicked up sand i quickly lose sight of knowing when would be the best time to strike. I just quickly swing my blade once i think i am close enough to actually hit it. After my attempts i back away stumbling out of the sand as i lower the red cloth a bet that is along a bit of my armor as i look towards its health bar and not see a single bit of it has decreased by anything. Seems like it will get its wish of not being paralyzed by my attacks this time around Crozeph. I say in a calm tone as i push emotions of frustrations away as they will just make me more reckless and unable to keep my mind and focus on this fight.

Spoiler

#91340   BD: 2  CD: 5   Rising Sun: -6+1=-5 energy

[H:5] Hestia: 482/500     Energy: 22/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

The worm took the opportunity as the two players missed the attack. It charged at Hestia again, Crozeph caught wind of something bad "Hestia, defend as hard as you can!" he yelled as he charged at the Death worm also, pulling his sword upward as he tries to deal damage to the worm. As soon as Crozeph's blade drew near the worm, a sudden jolt of electricity went past him. The energy was strong enough to throw Crozeph off-balance. The electricity struck Hestia, causing for her to be electrocuted. The attack didn't end, the worm used itself to push Hestia back but it seems the girl can hold her defense still. The electrocution however will make Hestia lose accuracy on her next attack as the electricity coursed inside her. Crozeph ran towards her and grabbed her by the arm and shoulder "hey, that was sudden..." Crozeph sheathed his sword "...you can still stand right?" he asked her. The worm let out a loud shrill at them, It may deal low damage but losing accuracy can also be hard.

• ID:91390
  • BD: 2 [light momentum activated +1 BD on next turn]
  • MD: 10 [Electrocution activated - 1 BD for 2 turns]
Spoiler

[H:5] Hestia: 482/500     Energy: 22/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

(- 1 BD for 2/2 turns)

I hear your warning about the upcoming attack as i get ready to defend against anything that could come. Not expecting much since it is just an attack like every other attack so far that i have seen. I just stay steady and strong as i watch the worm keeping you within my peripheral vision. My eyes widen in surprise as i watch electricity get shot at me, and feels it hit my body as i feel like a buzzing going through my body not feeling the pain of it. However, from not being used to the feeling of being electrocuted in this game the slight tingling and light buzz sensation is still throughout my body.

Then their is the actual attack i quickly raise my shield with a bit of difficulty as it feels like i'm trying to fight the electricity that is trying to lock up my body from being able to move. I feel the slam of the worm against my shield as my knees bend ever so slightly, but i manage to stay strong and not allow the thing past my shield. The force of the impact does get past my shield as i notice that from the fact that my health had dropped some more. I watch you move over as i nod my head. Yeah i'm doing fine, but i never knew mobs can use elements. I say with a nod my head as i stand easily, and then make my way towards the death worm planning on hopefully doing some type of damage. I move towards the death worm and swings my blade however the worm easily moves out of the way as i curse silently under my breathe as i could feel the electricity slowing down my attack during the swing having me miss.

#91504  BD: 5-1=4

Spoiler

(- 1 BD for 1/2 turns)

Crozeph stood up straight after seeing that the electricity didn't do much damage to his ally. Crozeph gritted his teeth in annoyance "well death worm we're known to release an amount of electricity enough to zap one person, whether it is true or not..." Crozeph raised his sword "...this one did that really good" Crozeph charged towards the death worm and began to lower his sword, planning a faint attack. Crozeph quickly moved in at the Death Worm but as soon as he slashed at it, the Death worm maneuvered itself towards Hestia "ack! I missed again, this one is getting more serious than we expected" he thought. Crozeph ran towards Hestia and chasing the other worm but the Death Worm rammed Hestia again, dealing small damage. Hestia continues to show her incredible defense as Crozeph is now missing his attack with the Worm's moves becoming complicated "you won't escape next time" he told the worm.

• ID: 91775
  • BD: 2 + 1 light momentum = 3 [fail] light momentum activated
  • MD: 9 [success] + 1 damage = 19
Spoiler

[H:5] Hestia: 463/500     Energy: 22/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

(- 1 BD for 1/2 turns)

Edited by Crozeph
edited hate and damage

I see the creature move towards me as i feel the weight of it slam once more into my shield as i grin and gives it some ground before quickly switching to offense as i slice along its body causing it pain and to look towards me as i quickly then slice along what i think might count as its eyes as the creature is stunned once more. As little amounts of electricity flows along its body stiffening up its muscles as it can't move once more as i grin as i look at it. I think my electricity is better. A lot more shocking i would say. I chuckle a bit at my own terrible pun i had made as i move back away from the death worm as far as i can during this meantime to use this turn of it doing nothing to make sure to keep it always a bit away from looking at you, and for me to use my next turn to either relax and recover energy or to attack depending on how much health it has left if you manage to land your own  attack or not.

Spoiler

#91776 BD: 9-1=8  (paralyze+stun proct)  Rising Sun: 5x3=15DMG    -6+1(natural energy each turn)=-5 ENG

[H:7] Hestia: 455/500     Energy: 17/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

(- 1 BD for 1/2 turns)

[H:4] Crozeph: 361/380  Energy: 27/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  103/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns)

The worm wanted another go on Hestia after a few successful attacks. It began to move in a zigzag pattern like a snake towards the girl. As the Death worm picked up the speed, a paralyzing effect came upon in sending the worm down. Hestia's enhancements we're still in effect and it gained an advantage for them. As it slammed down on the ground in front of Hestia a few feet away, Crozeph was already moving in. He readied his sword for another sword art that will deal huge damage. Crozeph planted his foot just beside the Death worm, his two hands on his weapon and ready to deal a hard blow. Crozeph then spun himself and slashed at the Death Worm, creating an irregular circle pattern of the attack. He skidded away from the Death Worm parallel to where Hestia is, his sword lowered "it looks like it's going down soon" he told Hestia.

• ID:91777
  • BD: 6 + 1 light momentum = 7 [success] 9 x 6 Gen Getsu = 54 damage
  • MD: 2 [fail] paralyzed
Spoiler

[H:7] Hestia: 463/500     Energy: 17/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

(- 1 BD for 1/2 turns)

[H:5] Crozeph: 380/380  Energy: 21/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  49/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns)

I steady my stance as i keep my shield close to my chest as i wait for the strike from the worm as i see its body then lock up into place as it slams into the ground and slides till it stops a few feet in front of me. As you move into attack as i quickly swing my blade down and misses it while you actually land a hit.I sigh softly realizing i can't do the para lock it seems like this time as i back away from the worm as i prepare to take a hit. Hopefully one that will reflect back at the worm from my thorns killing it. That is the only favorable response to this worm's attacks to my person. Hopefully your next attack can end it Crozeph, or at the very least weaken it to a point where i can finish this if need be. I say with a smile before focusing on the fight once more expecting the worm to get back up now.

#91935  BD: 2  CD: 1

[H:7] Hestia: 463/500     Energy: 17/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

[H:5] Crozeph: 380/380  Energy: 21/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  49/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns)

The Death worm rose up and shook its head violently, Letting out a screech that is almost defeaning. It dashed towards Hestia, who had the highest aggro up until now. Crozeph moved and dashed towards the worm, they were both aiming for someone, it only depends on who will succeed. Crozeph lowered his sword, he was going to use another sword art to finish off the worm. Crozeph reached the worm as quickly as he could and began to unleash his sword art. The attack landed squarely at the worm's mouth causing for it to slow down a little but as Crozeph is about to finish the attack, the worm moved and made his sword stuck on its flesh "what the actual [censored]!". The worm continued to charge towards Hestia while taking Crozeph with it. The worm slammed itself at Hestia's shield causing for the girl to stumble down, it was its last attack now that Crozeph lowered its health points. The force of the attack sent Hestia down to the ground but not enough to damage her well. 

It took only a few seconds before the worm shattered to pieces of what seemed like shards. Crozeph then fell down on the sand, landing just above Hestia "that worm was a handful, I think wee need to rest a little bit before resuming our journey for the shark" he told her as he tries to catch his breath. The encounter was over now and it seemed enough to scare the other monsters nearby.

• ID: 91936
  • BD: 7 [success] 9 x 6 Gen Getsu = 54 damage
  • MD: 9 [success] 18 damage
Spoiler

[H:7] Hestia: 445/500     Energy: 17/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

[H:5] Crozeph: 380/380  Energy: 14/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  0/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns)

I grin seeing you hit the beast which should've lowered it, but i wasn't expecting the accompanying hit since i expected it to shatter right away instead of being able to continue. I feel the force against my shield as i stumble back before actually falling as it then shatter after that. I look up towards where the worm use to be as i pant a little bit then looks to you as i nod my head and takes the much wanted break to recover my energy for the sand shark since if this was a random mob i can only imagine what the sand shark holds to be of actual danger  to me. 'Can't be that much worse could it?' I think to myself before i stay remaining sitting up to get the maximum benefits of a rest. Yeah lets relax since that worm was rather more then what i expected out of this. I say with a small chuckle at that as i look towards the sky as i enjoy the rather simple beauty of the sky while relaxing.

• ID: 92056
  • LD: 11 + 3 = 14 [Loot dropped] CD: 11
  • obtained 810 col
  • obtained unidentified [rare] armor/shield
  • obtained 2 Tier 1 crafting materials

Crozeph closed his eyes, the energy he had was a little depleted. He didn't think that the worm would be hard to slice through. He stood up after a few seconds to see if he has any loot received. Fortunately there was loot after the worm shattered. Crozeph walked towards it and picked up everything he saw, planning to split everything with Hestia later on. Hestia did a lot back then with her defensive skills which enabled him to attack the worm with ease. Crozeph walked back towards Hestia and opened his user interface. "We'll be splitting the loot" he told her as he sat beside her "I'll be taking the unidentified item while you take the materials, the col we split up according to your preference" he added. Crozeph was ready to resume their journey on finding the Sand Shark, They can reach it before sunset, it was still early. He stood up and placed the katana back to its sheath "eliminating the worm is a great advantage, the lesser monsters are afraid of us now" he told her "we can reach the Sand Shark faster than I expected."

I nod my head liking the plan to split the loot and how it has been handled on doing so. That is fine with me Crozeph and of course the best way to split the COL is 50/50. We each did half of the work so we each get half of the COL. I say with a smile and speaking in a kind tone as i accept the COL you give me along with the materials gained from slaying this sand worm. Rather nice bonus for beating it since otherwise it would've been disheartening to do that work and not get anything out of it, but thankfully such a event happened to allow a decent amount of loot. Then their is the fact we also get the added affect of not dealing with any of the weaker monsters if what you said is true. Well if we can reach the sand shark lets get to it Crozeph. I say with a grin speaking rather excitedly as my familiar flies back down towards me never touching the sand still as i pet my familiar's head gently as i smile happily. Good work out their Kuro. I tell my little lion with wings in a affectionate tone.

I look over towards you and grins a bit impressed with the amount of damage that was done by you, and how well things seemed to work out in the end. At least the fight was a pretty good test of how well they seemed to work together which the answer being pretty well. I grin a bit at that as i wonder how many other quests, or just training they could do together with the two of them providing the damage and defense against the enemies.

Crozeph dusted himself as they continued to walk, there was sand on the gaps of his armor and he kept on shaking all of it out. The weather remained harsh as ever but the two seemed to not mind it at all. Crozeph walked much mored carefree than before, the other monsters kept themselves at bay seeing how the Death Worm which might be the largest of the monsters in the area got taken down by the two. "I guess we can defeat the Sand Shark with little worries considering our team or duo composition" he uttered as they walked. The familiar kept on following Hestia, close enough that Crozeph's thought wandered to when he would like to acquire a familiar. "If I ever get the chance to have a familiar, I'll getting one with excellent scouting skills" he told her "I need those to find something  for my shop and for tracking any enemies hidden while hunting" Crozeph then placed his hand on his sword "I wonder if we can take on another dangerous quest next time" he has never given thought on taking others on his own quest, just joining one but the way the two fought, things can get a little easier.

I grin a bit hearing your thoughts that just so happened to be similar to mine. I was thinking the same thing Crozeph that with how well things seemed to work out for that thing the sand shark shouldn't be any trouble at all when we go to deal with it. I say with a smile on my face as i keep looking around the area waiting for something to shoot out of the ground and starts coming towards them to begin this quest. This floor being rather interesting how all the enemies are unseen since they apparently travel underneath the sand to keep away from sight making it rather difficult to predict when they will pop out to attack.

A scouting familiar? Never really thought of getting that type of familiar since their is so many items to boost your finding chances like making a cloak at a tailor shop, or getting a buff because of a cook. I say wondering how much a scouting familiar would help out for players when trying to acquire items or such. And i wouldn't mind doing another quest with you Crozpeh this one has been going well, and i'm certain we can do just as well on any of the other quests we could go on. I say with a smile glad to have found a player that is both strong, and also doesn't seem to have any ill intent towards players.

Crozeph thought hard for a second, Hestia was right at most points of getting a scouting familiar "you're right, maybe I should get a better one like someone who can heal me on dire situations" he replied. Crozeph tried to at least spot where the shark is as they continued to walk and it seems like they are near, yet the thought of getting a familiar is still something he wanted to think through. "we are near Hestia, you sure we can proceed and fight this one?" he asked her thinking that the girl might have some preparations before facing the very monster they tried to hunt that the Death Worm has delayed. Crozeph placed his hand on his shoulder pads "now we'll be able to take you to the real spin" he said to his armor. 

I smile a bit glad to hear that my advice is being taken as i wonder what would fit a person with a DPS as a way of fighting. Their is always the issue of hitting which had shown itself during that fight, and then their is also the matter of doing the most damage possible alongside that. However, healing is rather useful in battle without having to waste time to do so trusting the familiar to handle that. I nod my head at that thought. yeah i guess a healing familiar would be pretty good as long as you have damage and accuracy covered. I say as we continue walking through the miserable desert not really knowing when and where the monster could come from, and how it could attack at any moment. I'm sure we'll be fine with this fight Crozeph. I think we should be fine for the most part since i am at maximum strength once more so the shark should go after me once it shows itself. I say with a nod of my head.

"Well then..." Crozeph looked from afar, the location of Sand Shark was about a few meters away from them "...we just have to call out to it" he told Hestia. If there was any information for fighting the Sand Shark, Crozeph could only tell her that the shark he fought was stronger than what he saw on the quest board, like it was modified to match his strength. He could still remember a player asking for help  to find his friends which succeeded but still resulted on two players dying. "As far as I know, it was strong enough to kill me, I still have that evasive scarf back then, now I can only be accurate if I miss" he told her. Crozeph's armor was something that can adapt to battle changes, like missing his attack can make it be more accurate on his next attack. Now they've reached the area but the shark is nowhere to be found yet. Crozeph stood at the place, rock formation where one can stay and wait for the shark to walk away but they're not here for sight-seeing or running away...they're here to kill the shark.