[F5-PP] Shark out of water <<Sand Shark>>

I wait by the fifth floor exit having went around and explored the town a little bit at most of what i had done before going back towards the exit and having just waited. Relaxing by it and having equipped my gear in preparation for whenever by quest partner for this appears. My familiar lays at my side extending his wing to cover the top of my head to help keep the heat from becoming to unbearably bad. Thankfully the survival skill helps deal with this heat so much that i am very much so grateful for it every moment while on floors such as this or the fourth floor. After a bit i stand up once i think it is getting close to the time that Crozeph should appear hoping that i don't end up standing around for hours once more do to my understanding of later being different and to early. Especially since i don't know when exactly he is suppose to show up. I just keep my eyes locked firmly in the distance to where a player would take the road from the teleporter to the exit of the town so i'd spot him right away.

@Crozeph

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A raven-haired boy appears out of nowhere from the portal. He was wearing a black yukata, a traditional japanese robe and on his chest, shoulders and arms are leather pads that is designed as a yoroi, another traditional japanese armor. Crozeph looked at himself "well it still feels light" he said to himself. His katana is now strapped at his right, he was left-handed so he finds it troublesome to put his sword to where he'll have a hard time drawing it. Crozeph now also wore a pair of black socks and a wooden sandals. He wasn't sure if this would help him but he knew that he has no enhancement on evasion. Crozeph walked towards the exit of the settlement and saw a girl with a familiar, a black familiar. Crozeph walked towards her "sorry I took too long, something came up with my shop" he told her "I brought a blank dungeon map that we can use" he added "but first we need to slice that shark and try to find a dungeon if I can find any along the way" he told Hestia. Crozeph eased himself at his new armor "this feels different from just the coat but I'll be much stronger or taking hits now" he told himself "now then Hestia..." Crozeph looked outside the settlement into the horizon "let's get this started"

I watch as my partner comes into view and i just pause momentarily as i see everything and can only start to chuckle at the sight. Not being use to such a style of clothing as it is very traditional for sure, and if my memory is correct it is japanese if i can know anything from what tv and anime has taught me about such clothing.  If i just look at this while wearing my heavy armor of silver metal with red cloth mixed in. While having a sword sheathed at my side with the way that the sheathe is designed showing that the blade is that of a curved sword. While in my left hand a sheld is held with their being a sun and moon on opposite sides. With silver and black meeting in the middle and pushing into the other side a little bit. Hey Crozeph. I say with a wave of my hand in a kind tone of voice, and at my voice my familiar gets off the ground and stretches out for a bit to get ready for much walking.

I grin a bit at what i hear. Well lets get going Crozeph we got our map, and their is a shark that is asking to be ended by the two of us. I say a bit excitedly with a smile on my face and when you to get started i nod my head and exits the town right away and then turns to you to lead the way since you know the actual location of the shark do to having been their.

Crozeph led the way, he was a bit sketchy about following the marker on his map but he knows that they'll soon find it. He has been feeling a little more comfortable with what h is wearing now. It made him feel more sturdy and less evasive. If Crozeph needed the skill to keep his health up, the battle healing skill is always there to be ranked up. "So let's get over our battle plan again just to be sure, you'll tank while I hit hard right? although I do can take a few hits with just a little flinching but I guess the tank is up to you" he told him "we might run into some monsters along the way so let's try to test out what we can do and develop our teamwork" he told her as they continued to walk. The sun was hot yet again and Crozeph has made himself wary of anything crawling beneath the sand. It was only the two of them and Hestia's familiar, they are ready and Crozeph kept his blank map just in case they run into a sub-dungeon. "I've seen one tank before who really took all the hits, I think it was from my former guild" he told Hestia, telling her of some stories from way back "man she sure is tough, I was a little weak back then and only uses my speed to gain advantage." Crozeph then looked at his arm that is covered by the leather pad of the armor "now I do things with precision, not that successful but I'll get to it someday" he told Hestia as they continued to walk.

I can tank perfectly fine Crozeph i am level 25, so i am ready for this quest alongside my familiar. I should in theory be able to handle the quest monster that we're going to face with no difficulties at all Crozeph. I say sounding rather sure of myself as i have a smile on my face. The only unknown factor is if we run across a sub-dungeon then that is time to be unsure if we can handle it since i don't have any teleport crystals, and i don't know how strong such dungeons are. I say with a nod of my head knowing what i can and can't possibly handle, and the unknown is something to always be over prepared for. Just for the just encase. Who was this former tank friend of yours? I ask out of curiosity wondering who these other unknown players could be that i haven't met. Wondering if it would be possible to write these stories i hear all down on paper one day. To make sure that none are forgotten, and that this tragedy of a game can be understood by others. The effects it can have on people if this can somehow happen again.  My familiar Kuro is flying at should height with me since he doesn't wish to walk across the sand, and i can understand the why of that. Sand is always a pain to walk across no matter what reality you go to it seems like.

"Her name is Tyger, don't know where she is now" Crozeph told Hestia. There was silence for a few minutes before Crozeph could add a little more detail. "After Square One disbanded which is my former guild, the last one I joined; some of our members went everywhere" he spoke in a rather lonely tone "a lot of things happened after that disbanding then our former guild leader died fighting in the frontlines" he continued on telling Hestia his past life "even though we kind of told each other that we'll meet at the frontlines even though the guild disbanded, I wasn't there when he died" he kept on talking "I was somewhere trying to find a place less troublesome then when I returned here on the lower floors, he was already dead" he finished the story with a rather serious look at the arid desert before them. "We're not that strong of a guild but our diversity and teamwork really paid off at all times" Crozeph never had a dull moment when he was in Square One, possibly the best guild that he ever joined even inside a death game. Crozeph kept his right palm on the hilt of his katana. A little contrast from what his clothing and armor were, possibly why he earned the infamous title of Crow along with having a knack for meeting player killers. It feels like he appears before and after something bad happens or took place.

I nod my head as i listen as i do my best to commit the name of Tyger to memory, and the name of this guild. I look down hearing the death of a guild leader and then something enters my mind. Why did your guild disband? You said your teamwork was pretty good, and it sounded like a rather nice guild to be apart of. Why did it disband? I ask curiously not finding these things adding up into a logical conclusion of how things should've gone. Besides the whole unfortunate death of this guild leader .That is sadly something that can happen at any point in time if a person isn't prepared or if they just get unlucky enough to have miscalculated an attack and suffered the ultimate price for such a thing. I'm sorry you had to go through such a thing Crozpeh, and that is hopefully the only time that will happen since i wold prefer to hold onto the hope that nobody will die anymore as long as the frontlines continue to fight onward, and that all players understand that the only way to survive is through working together. With these then it should be almost impossible to die since we would all be working together for each others survival, and the only thing to be careful of would be this laughing coffin i have heard is around somewhere. I say in a gentle tone of voice as i wonder how many other similar situations have occurred. Players having to deal with the loss of someone they view either as a leader, or like family depending on how their relationship was like.

Crozeph thought hard for a second "I really don't know" he replied to Hestia's question "it kind of feels like our guild leader and the officers are trying to keep us away from trouble, which they didn't foresee" he tried to piece things up "of course just like always, I was mostly away or meets up with my guild whenever they call me. I rarely join the group for gatherings save for occasions that Azide calls me personally" he kept the memories intact with what he's saying. The disbanding was unexpected but it was a mystery that even Crozeph's tactics could find a hole. Crozeph then playfully closed and opened his left hand "well I still didn't lose hope, the frontlines need stronger players to deal with and get out of this game once and for all" Crozeph then tightened the leather pad on his arm "right now all we can do is get stronger and live safely while clearing the floors" Crozeph could hear the monsters lurking around "be ready Hestia, we've strayed far from the safe zone, they'll pop out any second we let our guard down" he told her, his eyes wary on what might happen.

I nod my head listening as you try to figure out what has happened, and i also notice the sounds of monster lurking about as i tighten my grip on sword and shield ready to protect myself, and you as best as i am able to do so. Ready to fight any creature that could be in this desert be it some sort of sand shark like the quest says, snakes, or oversized scorpions. Trying to keep you from trouble? I like the sentiment they were going for, but that ship has long since sailed away and sunk into the bottom of the ocean. We're all in constant trouble whether we recognize it or not. The moment the death game has started we all were in constant trouble since well obviously we die if we make the wrong move. I say to you. Who was this Azide person? A close friend or some leader in this guild you were a part of? I ask feeling a bit like a inspector or interrogator with all these question, but i just can't help but want to put my curiosity to rest. Knowing if i didn't do so i could be staying up all night trying to fill in the blanks that would be there.

Yeah all we can do is get stronger, and that is my goal to get stronger as fast as i can. My goal is to also help others get as strong as they can be as fast as possible since that is just as important as increasing your own strength in my opinion. I say with a smile on my face as i keep my gaze shifting around the area to prepare for any monsters that could come from the sand underneath, or the area around us.

Crozeph must've slipped a little with telling Hestia his stories, it's been a while since he really talked to someone "Azide is sort of the guy who puts us all together, not much of a tactician or strategist but he definitely glued us together" he told Hestia "he was a good leader, now I only see a few of those like him" he added. Crozeph kept his eyes on the sand that moves just around them as he continues to tell Hestia the story "I don't know, it's a different kind of trouble though" Crozeph placed his left hand on the hilt of his katana "something like attracting unwanted attention" Crozeph stopped walking as he talked. "We'll let this one pass through" he told Hestia using his hand to stop her and her familiar.The sand moved like there is something beneath it that moves, like fish in the water "we don't have to fight anything that comes across, this one might call others" he told Hestia. As the sand stopped moving, Crozeph sighed "I wish I can be efficient on using this new equipment" he told himself. There were others moving a few feet away and Crozeph is still wary of them lurking beneath the sand.

I nod my head when hearing this Azide person understanding what you mean by the glue that held the guild together. Knowing that just some people get banded together because of one person and when that person goes the rest of the people in that group just drift apart. So what happened to this Azide person? Did he disappear or something and that is one of the reasons your guild fell apart since he wasn't around then? I ask curiously i then see the sand move as i just hold my shield and keeps focus on the thing that is moving through the sand ready to get its attention if it decides to attack first. Preferring to move through the desert without much hassle towards the boss. However, i know this game can plans that don't fit towards the players wants, and will just instead send monsters to weaken and slow us down while we make our way towards a quest.

I'm sure you'll be efficient within time Crozeph you just got the armor and the other things so it'll take time getting use to it. I say in a gentle and encouraging tone of voice as i have a small smile. I just keep my guard up the entire time during our walk ready to react and get ready for whatever is beneath the sand be it a sand shark variant, or some other creatures that could come from legend or creatures from real life.

As the two resumed walking after letting a monster pass by, Crozeph agreed with what Hestia said "back when I was travelling to floor 11, in which we unlocked after taking part on the boss raid, there were conflicts unknown to me and then we were disbanded" he told her "maybe Azide didn't want us to be bait" he added. As they continued to walk, the sun continued also to beat down on them but with their survival skill protecting them. Crozeph then began asking her questions "so have you made a lot of friends besides me? you look like the type who can easily make friends" he asked her. Crozeph was terrible at making friends, socializing to be specific. He'd rather hole himself in a shop or go somewhere, alone. He would only meet someone when they needed help or Crozeph just got invovled in some mess. "I haven't made enemies here, just a few friends and that's fine with me" he uttered as walk "sometimes you need to have real friends instead of many, keeps you safe on dire times" he told Hestia.

I nod my head in understanding that sometimes their will always be uncertainty of why events have happened that are unknown to us at the time, or possibly forever. I keep walking along with you in the desert very thankful for the fact of having the survival skill that makes this just a fine walk through hard to walk through sand. I wonder if their are shoes designed to make it easier to walk through sand like if you were walking on ground? I then hear your question and i nod my head. Well i have a few people that i can call true friends Crozpeh, but i do have many that i can certainly call allies. I say truthfully knowing that me helping a person once and showing that i genuinely care can make allies, but not instant friendships since true friendships take time to forge. To forge a bond that wouldn't be broken easily at the first sign of hardship.I can understand that idea Crozeph. To have real friends are ones who will stick by you no matter what to try and defend and protect you like you would them. To have many friends means having many bonds that are positive, but you can never be certain if said friends would leave when the going gets tough leaving you to the snakes for their own protection.

Crozeph smiled at what he heard "well its good to know you get the gist of having allies and friends" he told her. Crozeph then felt one of the monsters creeping beneath the sand approaching them "looks like we'll be in for a treat" he told Hestia. The sand began to ripple as a monster emerged seven feet away from them "I'm sure you are more than ready for that one" Crozeph unsheathe his katana, its sharp edge still blood-red just like how it was forged for him. "I'll try to hit it and kill it quickly, I think its a bad idea to get this dragged on, other monsters are just looking for an opportunity to attack us" he told Hestia. The monster emerged and let out a loud screech at the two players, it would seem that it is a common desert species, the mongolian death worm. "I hate giant worms" Crozeph muttered as he raised his katana to shoulder level.

• Death Worm
  • HP: 270
  • Damage: 80
  • Electrocution: on natural roll of 10, the death worm unleashes electricity that causes -1 BD for 2 turns

Well i mean without friends or allies not many people would get very far in this game since people would just die by themselves. They can't fulfill all the duties that are required to live through every floor. Take floor bosses for example. That is the moment where people are forced to put aside any differences and work together to try and live through that moment that will kill everyone, or let us proceed into the game more. I say with a nod of my head.

I then feel the ground rumble underneath the dirt as i nod to Kuro who acknowledges and flies lower and sticks to being near me, but not in a way that would block my vision. Upon seeing it is a giant worm i just nod my head and prepare for the fight. I quickly activate my howl skill and then moves away from you. Moving in a arc towards the right just circling the beast to have its attention completely away from you where it wouldn't even see where you are. Come on you giant worm look over here. I say with a smile as i move along the sand of the desert ready to fight this as best as i am able to do so.

Spoiler

[H:3] Hestia: 500/500     Energy: 40/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8) )     Howl: -10 Energy  +3hate for every enemy

Crozeph: ?/?

Death Worm:  270/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns)

The Death Worm began to move towards Hestia, the girl seemed to have caused a high aggro that the Death Worm is eager to attack her. Crozeph quickly dashed towards the Death Worm before it could reach Hestia, they needed to have a good head start "it has way higher hit points compared to what I have fought before" he thought. Crozeph has trained himself to be fast and precise and now he has to use it as the situation demands. Crozeph managed to get past the Death Worm "hit it will all you've got after this" Crozeph told Hestia. Crozeph drew lowered his sword and motion for an upward swing "sword art: Ukifune" he calmly uttered and swung the sword upward right at the mouth of the Death Worm. The attack proved to be enough to stun the Death Worm as it was raised a few feet before slamming down to the ground sending dust clouds around it. "All right Hestia we got the upper hand now" he told her before lowering his katana which he held with two hands.

• ID: 91267
  • BD: [7] 9 x 4 Ukifune = 36 damage
  • MD: 3 [fail]

Spoiler

[H:3] Hestia: 500/500     Energy: 40/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8) )     Howl: -10 Energy  +3hate for every enemy

[H:1] Crozeph: 380/380  Energy: 34/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  234/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns) [stunned]

I see the after effects and i say softly to myself seeing the health tick away a decent amount as i know that i'll just have to do my best to be of use as i smile having a idea form to help with this fight. I'm sorry Crozeph i won't be doing max damage if i land. I tell you honestly as i hold my blade and moves in towards the worm just planning to strike it with the plan that i have. I only hope that my attack lands. I say softly as I move towards the worm and tries to swing my blade towards its abdomen however the worm moves away from the attack shifting its body around it. I then quickly adjust myself and try once more only receiving the same response from this worm as i then land along the ground and quickly backs away from the creature and moving once more in a arc around it keeping you out of its sight. Doing my best with what i can to accomplish that to make sure it doesn't notice your attack right away against it.

Spoiler

#91268   BD: 5

[H:1] Crozeph: 380/380  Energy: 34/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  234/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns) [stunned]

The Death Worm seemed to have recovered from being stunned as it stood up again. Hestia's attack missed after the worm twitched, causing for Crozeph to move in quickly and deal another attack to the worm. The heat seems to do nothing to Crozeph as he kept his pace towards the worm, his sword lowered down. As soon as he reached two feet away from the worm, he quickly slashed upward, dealing normal damage to the worm, it seemed reasonable to take caution on using his energy on sword arts as he is at a disadvantage if he kept on using it. The blade sink in deep to the side of the worm and he is also quick to move away from it, providing enough space for Hestia to move in and attack. 

The Death Worm however never wanted to go down without a fight, It began to burrow deep beneath the sand and tried to attack Hestia but as soon as it burst out of the ground, it missed the girl who has got its attention. With the failure of its attack, the Death worm let out a loud screech making Crozeph wince at the sound "this one's noisy, I guess that's normal to them" he told Hestia "let's be careful, the other monster's seemed to have backed away knowing we can hold our ground against this one" he added.

• ID: 91288
  • BD: 8 [success] 9 damage
  • MD: 5 [fail]
Spoiler

[H:2] Crozeph: 380/380  Energy: 34/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  225/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns) 

I watch you land another successful attack against the worm as i grin a bit at that fact as i keep myself ready to defend myself against the creature as i can only hope we can defeat it within a reasonable amount of time so that it doesn't become to dark outside when we go to defeat the sand shark quest mob. I focus on the same sword art that i used in the attack as i can only hope that the attack lands with this time being enough to set you up for a good attack. I dash in towards the worm and this time my blade slashes along its chest as i grin and then quickly does the same once more and then i look towards my familiar with a nod since i can't reach its eyes. My familiar dives down grabbing my sword for me and then slashes along the area that serves as the creatures eyes. My familiar then flies back down and hands me my sword before taking flight once more. I look towards the worm as it has slight static running along its body and it is dazed. I chuckle a bit at that realizing my paralyze must've gone off also during this stun sword art.  You got this Crozeph the creature can't even move. I call out towards you with a grin on my face.

Spoiler

#91290  BD: 8 CD: 11 (+1 energy do to recovery)     Rising Sun: 5x3=15DMG+stun effect of sword art/paralyze effect from enhancements    -6+1=-5 energy

[H:5] Hestia: 500/500     Energy: 35/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

[H:2] Crozeph: 380/380  Energy: 34/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  210/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns) paralyzed/stunned

"Nice hit but I don't think I'll be landing successful attacks all the time, anyways! I'll move in!" he uttered before charging towards the worm again. He tried to slash at the worm but this time, the sand beneath his feet caused a slight change of balance for his attack stance. Crozeph quickly lowered his sword, using his instincts and eyes to gain the right balance. Crozeph failed to land a blow, the Death Worm seemed to be paralyzed by Hestia's attack so he thought that it would be best to plan his next blow. Crozeph jumped back a few feet and raised his sword to shoulder level, Hestia can chip away its health again while he tries to figure out how he can chop off a huge chunk of its health points again "you got this, I'll try to think of another attack to give" he told Hestia who is enjoying the turn of their fight, her grin clearly seen. Crozeph kept his eyes on the worm, he taught himself not to flinch and keep his eyes on the enemy.

• ID: 91292
  • BD: 4 [fail]
  • MD: 1 [fail]
Spoiler

[H:5] Hestia: 500/500     Energy: 35/50   (DMG: 5,  MIT: 65, Thorns: 14 (on BD 6-8), +1 hate for successful attacks do to taunt, x2 paralyze, +1 energy on a CD:6+ from recovery )

[H:3] Crozeph: 380/380  Energy: 33/38   (DMG: 9,  MIT: 29,)

Death Worm:  210/270  (80 DMG, on natural MD 10 -1BD for 2 turns) paralyzed/stunned