Expanding the Circle <Hestia and myself>

Sighing to herself, she walked out into the city, having just accepted her newest quest. it was simple enough, all she had to do was slay a few boar pups right? Still, something bugged her.. Maybe she should bring someone along to help. Domarus has taken her under his wing, but she didn't want to call him up for such a low leveled quest. As she thought to herself, she walked towards the fields where the boar pups could be located, and on her way noticed a woman with a familiar next to her. Looking at the woman's name, she saw that it was @Hestia. Smiling,m she believed that she had found her partner for the quest. Of course, as quickly as her hopes got up, they dropped again as she began wondering if the woman, or rather Hestia, would even agree to go with her. As far as she knew, Hestia was looking for a newbie player to manipulate like a puppet or something?! Wait, what if there was an item that allowed one player to possess another?! Was that possible? As her panicking thoughts spiraled out of control, she didn't realize that Hestia has taken notice of the girl that she saw named Floofy was staring at her.

I walk through the town of beginnings with a smile on my face as i observe all the players out and about. The NPCs walking around doing their daily routines with the city definitely seeming to be as lively as it ever is. I'm wearing just my simple black clothing of vanity quality with my familiar that is a lion with wings as black as night, and fur as white as snow besides me. As i am walking about i am looking at everything with my blue colored eyes with a observant eye. Making sure to look for any player that could be in need of help with anything really. I smile as a gentle breeze flows through the town as i grin as it does feel life like down to the last proportions as i enjoy that quality very much. My black hair with silver streaks blowing a bit in the wind as i correct my hair to make sure i don't look like i just got out of bed.

As i reach a point in the town i find a nice bench to sit on as i do so as just watch players going on by and doing whatever they are doing. However, something catches my eye a player just staring at me for certain for whatever reasons this girl does. I look towards her name and finds myself surprised that it is Floofy. Well if that isn't a interesting name. I say out loud to myself to faraway for you to have heard the words. I then look to my familiar who just flaps his wings three times as i nod my head.  I then get up off the bench and makes my way towards this player at a calm steady pace. Once in front of her i say calmly. Excuse me Floofy i believe it is. Why are you staring at me? I ask out of curiosity of why this player is doing so. Do you need help with anything? Cause if you do i would be happy to help you out in anyway i can.

@Floofy

Sakoda fell back in shock, having come back to reality once @Hestia addressed her. "o-oh! I-Im sorry! I was just uhh... s-say could you help me with a quest?" Sakoda found herself blushing deeply before bowing before Hestia. "My name is Sakoda, miss! Meet to please you! I mean pleased to meet you!!" Sakoda sighed deeply, wondering if she could make herself any more of a fool. Looking up, she noticed how pretty Hestia looked. "Uhh.. you look very pretty," was all that she managed to spit out after a moments hesitation. It was bad enough that she wasn't good with people, but with attractive people, she didnt stand a chance! She could be manipulated to no end if she started to have feelings towards someone that wanted to take advantage of her. Shaking her head of the thoughts, she sighed again. "I'm doing the second quest available to players, and would like your assistance please. Would you be able and willing to help me, and ensure that I complete the quest safely?"

I'd be happy to help you Floof. I say with a chuckle at your antics seeing that you're particularly nervous about all of this, and then the pretty comment throws me off as i blush a bit from hearing that. I'm not that pretty miss Floof, but as i said i'd be happy to help you out with the quest that you're going on. I say in a happy tone of voice. Glad that i can help a player out with what i can do in terms of these quests. Knowing they can be dangerous if not adequately prepared for them. It is a pleasure to meet you also Floof. I am Hestia, and the familiar besides me is Kuro. I'm a tank so i can make sure you complete this quest with total ease. I say with a grin on my face. Just lead the way and i'll be like your bodyguard, but friendly since that is what i would like to be. Your friend Floofy. I say in a happy tone of voice just wishing to help out where i can and make friends rather then enemies.

My familair Kuro look at you as if trying to see what your are like, and very quickly becomes relaxed seeing that you mean no harm at all and couldn't do much harm to me.

She blushed, slightly embarrassed at her name. "Please, call me Sakoda. Anyways, thank you for accepting my request for help! Kuro... that means shadow, right?" Her attention turned to the familiar at Hestia's side. "I really like that name! It's really cute! It reminds me of an anime I watched too... Anyways, sorry, lost my train of thought for a second! I just need to slay a few Boar Pups, nothing too hard right?" Sakoda smiled innocently, having faith in her new companions abilities. A tank would be especially helpful to take damage, she remembered. With Hestia's help, surely the quest would be done in no time at all! Brushing her hair back behind her ears, as it had fallen forward when she bowed, Sakoda nodded to indicate that she was ready to go if Hestia was ready.

Well Sakoda lets get going then. I say with a smile as i gesture for you to follow me towards where i know some boar pups would be located at. As we make our way through the streets i hear you say my familiar's name as i nod my head. You would be correct Sakoda. It does mean shadow, and Kuro seemed to like it for whatever reason so it is his name now. I say with a smile as Kuro just flies along beside me as i pet his head gently as he seems to enjoy it a little bit. What anime does it remind you Sakoda? I ask out of curiosity wondering what it could remind you of since their are lots of different possibilities.

I continue along our path towards the exit of the town as i just smile liking your little antics finding them rather funny rather then annoying. I do wonder though how you have been raised to be this nervous? Or is it just scatter brained? I don't know but i don't particularly mind just enjoying the time with this rather eccentric girl.

• 2 weeks later...

Sakoda followed behind Hestia, listening and nodding as Hestia confirmed her knowledge of the Japanese language. She hummed to herself, looking at the familiar and trying to think of what anime was nagging at the back of my mind. "I'm... not sure.. just the name sounds familiar to me. I'm sure I've heard it used as a name, though." Furling her brow, she began to become frustrated at her inability to think of the name. She continued behind Hestia, practically staring holes into Kuro as she tried to remember the name of the bloody anime!! a few minutes passed, and Sakoda shouted out, "AHA! THATS RIGHT!" as she remembered the anime. "It's Fate/Kalied Prisma Illya!" She announced, beaming with glee at the fact that she remembered the shows name. Truthfully, she had a hard time remembering a lot about the real world, especially recently...

I chuckle a bit at your excitement at remembering a show as i just nod my head in support since taking victory in the small things is just as important as taking them in the big things. Especially when it concerns our memories since we can never be sure when we could forget something that use to be precious to us that would just naturally fade since it's been almost a year now since we have all been trapped in this game. Well i haven't havn't seen that anime before Sakoda, but i am sure it's good since it is part of the famous fate series that i have only good things about from my friends. I say with a cheerful smile upon my face.

My familiar on the other hands looks back at you as you are staring holes into him as you can see the unease and annoyance growing on his face as you continue to concentrate a lot upon him. Kuro not particularly liking that since he feels like he is the one being scrutinized for once then the other way around.

• 3 weeks later...

She nodded at first, then kind of titled her head. "Well, it's kind of a spin-off series... Really, it's something to watch after you get involved in the whole Fate universe" she giggled. Not wanting to spoil anything, she left her comment there. "Anyways, where are you leading me? I explore the area a lot, but I never really memorize locations. At least, not very well. I know where a few things are, like stores and stuff, but other than that I'm at a loss." As she spoke, she looked around at their surroundings, trying to take anything in. Truthfully though, she'll probably forget it all by tomorrow. It's not like she tried to forget anything, she just had a short memory span to anything that didn't stick out to her. She was terrible with directions especially...

I chuckle at hearing that as i shake my head ever so slightly as i look at the girl beside me. Seems like you are a little bit scatter brained Sakoda. You told me you needed some help with the second lesson quest, so we're going to Lyle's shop to get you started up with that. Then we'll be heading towards the exit of the town to begin the quest. Unless you already talked to Lyle then obviously all we got to do is kill some boars. I say with a smile upon my face as i look over towards the rather unique girl. Feeling a mix of pity, and worry for the girl since she seems to be slowly losing her mind...or has she always been like this? It is hard to tell really since the impact of the game could be rather big or small for some people, so it is hard to tell if this girl has gained this rather small memory do to whatever reason this game has caused or just from being naturally like this. Either way no matter the situation she deserves a little extra protection and care it seems like.

@Floofy

• 4 months later...

"R-Right! I've started the quest, so we can get right on it! O-Oh, and uhh, by the way call me Sakoda.. I kind of wasn't expecting this game to become... well, you know." Sakoda shrugged, smiling with uncertainty. She figured that this girl was the on the more laid back portion of the player-base trapped here. Well, maybe 'laid back' wasn't quite the right wording, but she didn't seem to be one of those psychopathic player-killers that she had heard rumors about. "Do you know where we need to go? Er, I mean, do you remember? It's probably been a while since you've done this quest, hehe.. I mean, it's alright if you don't remember! I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything!!" It was becoming painfully obvious that Sakoda had no idea how to interact with other people very well. Was this her way of trying to make small talk?

I nod my head in understanding towards Sakoda as i walk along with her. Yeah it is nothing don't worry Sakoda i understand that none of us in our wildest dreams could imagine something like this to happen. Where we would be trapped in this game of death, but we all are making the best of this as we can, so don't be too discouraged about such things. Things are getting better slowly but surely. I say in a gentle tone of voice with a smile on my face as i lead the girl towards the location of where the boar pups will be spawning for the duo of them to begin fighting off them to help her with the quest. I do chuckle ever so slightly at Sakoda's worrying as i wave my hand dismissively towards the poor girl. Don't worry about it Sakoda you're not being insulting or anything of the like. There is no need to be so worried and nervous you need to have some confidence in yourself and your own capabilities. I tell you as i look towards you.