[PP-F3] Preparing to Sew <Earning A Living>> (Tailor)

Krysta was ready to step outside the safe zone again. She had grown a little fond of the third floor. It was truly a fascinating floor. Sure, it's wilds were mostly consisted of plains and the like, but the settlements, rivers, and even the forest...such lovely sights they were. She was ready to leave the settlement known as Delilah, and she had been thinking, when would she start a shop? She would need to do so in order to make a living, help others by crafting what they would need...things like that. Which profession to settle for was the next question. There were two options remaining for her, from all that she could discern by what skill she had back in the real world. Preformer or Tailor, that was the question. She could sing, and she could sew. "Hm, while it is true that I sing, I don't take an interest in every song, nor do I sing that often...Well, that question was easier to answer than expected. Tailor it is, then. So, What would I need?"

@Vigilon @Kaya

• 2 weeks later...

OOC:  Sorry I didn't see the notif

Kaya wandered the settlement that was Delilah, looking for something to do. She's never been to this floor before so everything around her was new to her. Excited she skipped around town as she browsed the wares being sold and the different sceneries the floor gave. It was beautiful. Although the buildings and roads themselves weren't really something to look at, they still had their own niche that gave it charm. The unpaved roads, the wooden buildings, it was almost like it was straight out a medieval town. Kaya's head was spinning around in circles as she wandered the town some more, only to look where she was going. As she looked away from the road, she bumped into a standing woman who seemed to be deep in thought. With in moments, both players were on their rears. "Ah I'm so sorry!" Kaya apologized as she rubbed her bum. Quickly stood up and looked to the woman, a blond one who seemed somewhat fragile. "You okay?" She questioned.

@Krysta @Vigilon

Vigilon hadn't been awake for long. The events that transpired the other night had left him slightly tired. The fact that he still slept on benches within the safe zones made it even worse. He yawned as he  turned to begin his way towards the safe zone's edge. He looked to his left shoulder. Sure enough, his familiar, Veriost, was fast asleep. He guessed that not only because she slept and took naps often, but she was awake later than usual the other night, which she just so happened to not be too happy about lately. He had the nerve to nudge the small white frost dragon anyway. "Come on, Veriost. Tired as we might be, we probably have something to do. After all, we try to do something every day, do we not?" Veriost opened her eyes slowly, then looked at Vigilon, her expression showing that she was annoyed. She opened her maw, and frost breath came out towards Vigilon's face. "Fo..." Sure, Vigilon couldn't feel pain in this world, but he could still feel the freezing cold from Veriost's frost breath. "Gah! Hey, knock it off!" "Garrarrr!" Clearly, Veriost wanted nothing to do with today. Vigilon continued his way towards the safe zone's edge, then he spotted two players on the ground, looking like they had bumped into each other or something like that. He walked over to them. "Hey, you two all right?"

@Krysta @Kaya

Krysta was continuing to think about the things and materials a tailor would need. "Leather, cotton, cloth, string... There are plenty of different materials I might need." Her thoughts were interrupted by someone bumping into her. "Ah!" She looked in front of her and saw a girl who apologized for bumping into her. The girl got up and asked her if she was ok. Vigilon then came up and asked if both players were alright. "I'm fine, thank you for asking." She looked at the two players, then decided to tell the two what she planned to do today. "I was just thinking of what materials I would need if I was to become a tailor." Knowing Vigilon, she already assumed he'd try and tag along. She looked back to the girl, and thought it would be best if she introduced herself. "I'm Krysta." She would need to start gathering soon, if she was to get anywhere towards becoming a tailor.

@Kaya @Vigilon

The blonde woman didn't care much for Kaya bumping into her. In  fact, she just said I'm fine and quickly switched the subject. It was so quick it could give someone whiplash. "«Earning a Living» huh? sure I don't see why I can't help you." Kaya leaned back a bit her hands rested at the back of her head while her eyes look off to the sky. "So got any ideas where to start?" t Her eyes looked to the blonde woman while the rest of her body stayed in her comfortable position. "The quest description is pretty vague already so anything could really lead to what you're looking for." Kaya loosened up a little bit more and gave the blonde woman a bright smile, "I'm Kaya by the way, and about the quest why don't we start with talking to a tailor and then find materials in the fields." 

@Krysta @Vigilon

Krysta claimed that she was fine, then proceeded to speak of the quest <<Earning A Living>>, wishing to become a tailor. He guessed she was either deep in her thoughts, or had already spoken to the other player about having bumped into/being bumped into...what were the words again? He couldn't seem to get the right words up in his head for the situation. Moreover, why did he get the feeling he recognized the girl? The girl then introduced herself to Krysta, and proceeded to speak of talking to a tailor before searching for materials. This didn't exactly line up with how the quest went for him, however. He looked at Kaya, who he now recognized from an event during the summer. "Okay, first, weren't you the girl who stumbled in the sand back on the event in floor 16? I mean no offense or rudeness of any kind, just remembering the moment. Second, all I had to do to complete this quest was gather materials specifically for the profession I was shooting for. Are there multiple ways to take this quest?" He wanted to clear up some confusion before asking Krysta if he could tag along.

@Krysta @Kaya

(OOC: Sorry for the long wait...)

Krysta listened to the girl, who explained a little about the quest <<Earning A Living>>, which was apparently what the thing Krysta was planning to do was called, and then introduced herself as Kaya. With the introduction, she stepped out of her thoughts and realized something. "Ah! I-I'm sorry, I was deep in my thoughts, and it was my fault for not noticing you were coming this way..." She would still have to go back to dealing with the quest, but she felt that she get this belated apology for not paying enough attention done first. After all, better late than never! Vigilon then seemed confused, claiming all he had to do to finish the quest was collect materials for the profession that was being sought out. Now Krysta was confused. By what all this seemed like, both players had completed this quest, but in two different ways. "Umm....Which way is more efficient?"

@Kaya @Vigilon

OOC: Sorry it's been a busy week.

Kaya watched and listened as the male brunette asks her a bout an incident on the 16th floor summer party. Kaya's face then began to turn red. Not even a little red, but flush red. She was embarrassed. Most of the time, people try not to mention Kaya's 'special' moments. Moments, you really don't want to remember and want to be forgotten, forever. It didn't help that little special moments of her happen to occur more than a honor person's special moments."H-how do you even remember that?" Kaya questioned the brunette with one of her eyes twitching out of anger and maybe just surprise. "Uh.." Kaya tried to recollect herself as the brunette changed the subject one more time to him having a different version of his quest.

And out of nowhere, the blonde one finally reacts to Kaya bumping into her. It took her awhile, but that subject was long past now. Not wanting to linger on it anymore, Kaya payed a closer attention to Krysta's question on which was more efficient. Kaya wasn't really sure how to go about it. She only found out about the quest after meeting with a random npc chef who ended up teaching her the ways of cooking, but of course, it seems that wasn't the same for other people. According to the brunette all he did was collect materials, while Kaya's was a whole collect materials then transform those materials into food atleast once. "Um.... I don't know... Maybe mine was different cause I became a cook."

@Vigilon @Krysta

Clearly, although that moment was the only one he had remembered of her, it was a terrible idea to recall that to clarify recognition. "H-hey now, I'm sorry, I said I meant no offense or rudeness of any kind, and it was the only moment that I could recall of you! There's no need to get flustered over this!" He said as he stepped back a bit. The starting racket woke Veriost up, who was still tired. Vigilon noticed the look on Veriost's face as she opened her maw. He closed it shut with his right hand. "Nope! Not this time!" "Grrrrrrrrrrrmmm........." Veriost wasn't happy about that whatsoever. "How about this: We end our day earlier than usual. How's that sound? Or do I have to get you more sweets to convince you?" Veriost stared at Vigilon almost blankly, then yawned and promptly fell back asleep. Krysta seemed just as confused as Vigilon was, and it seemed that either method might work at this rate. Kaya then said that it may have been different because she became a cook. Vigilon felt that this couldn't be the case. "I'm starting to think that either way would work just the same. How will you go about this, Krysta?"

@Krysta @Kaya

It seemed that Kaya didn't want to remember the moment that Vigilon recalled. It seemed like Vigilon was defending himself judging by the manner in which he spoke. Veriost awakened, and may have been ready to blow some frost breath, and Vigilon closed the familiar's maw closed before she could. Kaya then thought that maybe her experience taking the quest was different because she was going for cook. Right now, Krysta was going for tailor, and if either way really could work, how could she decide? Vigilon then asked Krysta about what she would do for this quest. Honestly, she was hoping he wouldn't say that... "Umm...I'm not certain. Although it's true I want to get this quest completed as soon as I can so that I may start my tailor shop, but getting some practice in the process might help as well... Perhaps you both could decide in some way? Rock Paper Scissors? A number through one and ten??"

(OOC: I really don't know how to proceed. Either method works for me. You don't mind your characters using the suggestions for decision that were given, do you? If you don't mind, I can try and explain in this note on how it might work. For R.P.S., what your character will go with could be hidden within a spoiler until both have posted. For the number through 1-10, I could just roll a d10 I have at home after both your characters have guessed for the result. Since you're up next, @Kaya, would you mind selecting from the two possible ways to decide, if possible?)

@Vigilon

• 4 weeks later...

"Let's just gather materials and get this over with." Kaya has a somewhat grimace on her face. Her arms crossed as she began to tap her feet on the ground. She was getting somewhat impatient and this was going nowhere. Indecisiveness was never Kaya's thing, but she was respectful of other people's decisions. Seeing as this was going nowhere, Kaya felt she had to take lead on what happening. "Come on now, love." Kaya's english accent came out as she began to walk towards the towns northern gates. last she was there there were a lot of materials just waiting to be gathered on the ground. That said, this group could've used that little boost.

It didn't take long for the group to reach the town's northern gates. Not with Kaya happily skipping along the way. As they were about to step out of the safe zone, Kaya quickly flicked her fingers in the air and equip all her equipment. Especially her enormous scythe - which she seems to be the only one using. "Right. Let's get to it, yeah?" She looks back to the other two in hopes that they were already ready to kick some butt and take names.

OOC: Sorry I completely forgot about this! I knew I was forgetting one.

@Vigilon @Krysta

Turns out, Krysta was unable to decide. Vigilon didn't mind, though. However, it seemed that Kaya's mood was...well, let's just say Vigilon almost kicked himself over the fact that he thought Kaya's slightly grimaced face portrayed a mood for which he was at fault. True, that moment was the only one he remembered seeing her in, but maybe he shouldn't have mentioned it. She seemed to then take lead of the whole thing, which dampened Vigilon's spirit, to be honest. How was he going to lead if everyone took the chance before the opportunity rose for him? He was slightly taken aback on the sudden English accent, but he had a question about that accent. Why do those who use it almost always refer to a female as "love"? It didn't make sense to him.  "...I guess we're taking just anything then...?" He thought for a minute, then soon thought up something that had a logical explanation. "I...I guess we can search for materials, since we're about to do that already, but now that I think about it, I was stuck learning from experience, but you still have a chance to speak with an NPC tailor for a little training in the profession, to get a feel for it, or something of the like." When the girl equipped her gear, a scythe appeared, which brought some minor shock. When the shock left Vigilon, his next question was, what was the recent obsession with scythes over? Possibly RWBY, but who knows?

@Krysta @Kaya

Krysta's indecisiveness in this moment clearly caused her to blow it. Kaya was growing impatient, with a slight grimace on her face... "I...I apologize for my indecisiveness there, I just couldn't tell which was better if they both seemed to have the same outcome..." Krysta wasn't fazed at all with the sudden accent. After all, during the days back in the real world, when Leif was new to the country, his accent could always be heard. Although as the years passed, the frequency of the times he spoke in that accent diminished, but there would always be times where he spoke with the accent from the country he was born in. Probably Britain. She was told that he was born in the U.K., and, well, Britain just lined up with his accent. Long story short, she wasn't fazed by it because she was used to it. Vigilon explained his thoughts, and it just seemed to fit. It made plenty of sense. "Well then, It seems that we are going with Kaya's idea, although the visit and material search will end up swapped..." When they reached the edge, Kaya equipped her gear. When the scythe appeared, Krysta stepped back a little in shock. "Oh! Goodness!"

@Kaya  @Vigilon

Kaya looked back at the other two. Their faces where somewhat taken aback at seeing her scythe, but Kaya acted like it was normal. Well, it was normal to Kaya, this was her weapon of choice, odd as it sounded she wanted to wield a scythe because no one else did. That said, she casually talked to the group. "You guys ready?" An eager grin was plastered on her face. She was excited to get things going. As she looked back to the group, she realizes that Vigilon seemed somewhat bummed. "Hey Vigi, you okay?" She wasn't really sure what was wrong, but something just felt off with Vigilon. "Anyways, Krysta, let's just collect materials before going to a professional to learn. Should be quick after collecting the materials." Turning around, she looks back to the fields of the 3rd floor. "Anywho, let's get going before it gets dark, yeah?" 

@Vigilon @Krysta

Edited by Kaya

(OOC: wait, Wait, WAIT!!! Kaya, I dunno if you noticed or not, but we were in the settlement Delilah, which is in the third floor. Believe it or not, I took the quest on floor 2, and others have taken the quest on various floors, too.)

Kaya seemed normal now, which was a relief to Vigilon. However, she was still holding the banner of leadership, so to speak. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be." A scythe, a scythe, so far, he had seen, like, what, four? Five? Maybe six scythes?? There were some scythes being wielded by players back at the Halloween Party, probably for their costumes, a player named Embers used a scythe, and now it seemed that Kaya has a scythe too. Kaya asked if Vigilon was ok, and he replied quickly. "I'm okay, n-nothings wrong." Back to the present, there were materials to be found. He looked ahead, trying to see if there was anything a tailor might be able to use. So far, it seemed like nothing was there. He began to think, what would a tailor use to create the items their profession makes? There was leather, there was cotton, there was silk, there was...most likely more. "Quick question: if we are going to look for materials based on what a tailor would use, what materials would we be looking for? I mean, I know there's leather, cotton, silk...but what else?"

@Krysta @Kaya

ID# 94045 LD: 10+1=11(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon

Kaya seemed absolutely normal with the weapon of choice. Then again, it was her weapon. Krysta was ready to begin searching. She would probably need quite a few at the least, if she was to start off properly. Perhaps if any were going to help contribute, there could be a combined minimum goal of ten materials? That might suffice. From what Kaya said, the three were officially in agreement as to how they would proceed with the quest. Krysta looked around within the current vicinity, but there was nothing to be found. Vigilon began naming types of materials he knew that tailors could use, wondering if there were more kinds. "Like string? Cloth?" Krysta noticed the problem with the latter thought. Cloth was a material, yes, but it was made from other materials as well, right? Guess it pays to know plenty about the different kinds of textiles tailors used...

@Kaya @Vigilon

ID# 94087 LD: 7(Failed)

Edited by Krysta

Kaya casually skipped her way through the fields. She was so carefree, not really worried about any mobs to attack them. Even if there were, the group should be strong enough to kill whatever may come their way. That said, as Kaya turned around back to the group, she's realized that everyone's been stopping to start gathering already. Not wanting to feel left out, she also stopped herself and began to search the area. After a few moments, Kaya manages to find some silk works perfect to make silk threads. Waving it around, Kaya tried getting Krysta's attention. "Heeeey! I found some silk worms!" As Kaya gave Krysta the material, Vigilon asked just what were they looking for exactly. "Um... I guess different hides and leathers along with different strings like that silk I found." Kaya looked up in the sky in thought as she tried thinking of more, only for her to give up. That's all she really knew about being a tailor.

ID# 94089 results: Loot: 16 (13+3) Material found

@Vigilon

Edited by Kaya

Well, it seemed that not everybody knew all the materials that tailors used. "Guess we're all in the same boat then, huh? In that case, Krysta, you might want to speak with different tailors about the different kinds of materials they use once this quest is over." He moved ahead a little in order to continue his part in the search. He spotted a bush, then decided to look within it. He found leather in it. The only question was, how did it get there? Then again, he had some similar questions as to how ores just end up dotted all over the floors. He brought the leather to Krysta. "There's two. Say, how many are we going for?" Perhaps knowing how deep the glass was, he could estimate to himself on how long it would take to fill that depth and reach the goal, assuming luck was on their side.

@Kaya

ID# 94260 LD: 16+1=17(+1 T1 Mat)

One T1 Material given to @Krysta

Edited by Vigilon

Kaya and Vigilon managed to find some materials, and brought them to Krysta. It also seemed that the three of them didn't know very many materials that tailors used. Vigilon recommended that Krysta speak with various tailors after the quest. Krysta thought about it. String, silk, wool, cotton, leather, hide...that seemed like a fair variety at least. "Well, at least we have a fair enough variety for the time being. I can always see what else there is another time." To answer Vigilon's question, Krysta then said, "Right now, I'm thinking about ten materials." Now she had a search to continue. She looked to her left, then to her right. She managed to spot a cotton plant, and walked over to harvest the cotton. "That makes three so far. If we keep this up, we'll be done in no time!" Perhaps this optimism would encourage the players during this task.

@Kaya @Vigilon

ID# 94300 LD: 18(+1 T1 Mat)

Materials found: 3/10

Edited by Krysta

OOC: For the record, I haven't given krysta my mats yet. Just sayin'.

Kaya kept the search on going. As she crawled slowly on the ground, she combed everything single strand of leaf - which kinda didn't make sense. She's looking for tailoring materials, not herbs or spices. As Kaya looked around some more, she see's some movement through the grass. Kaya's eyes centered upon the movement trying to single it out from the grass. She slowly crawled towards it. Once close enough she began to rush towards it. Once close enough, she realizes that it's a silk work, which is exactly what she's looking for it. Once she was close enough, Kaya tries grabbing on to the silk worm. Unfortunately, as Kaya got close enough, she slips on the silk work's slimy trail. Thrown off balance, Kaya falls back on her back and looses track of the silk worm. "Damn." Kaya spreads her legs and feet on the grass as she lays there bummed out from loosing the material.

ID# 94307 results: Loot: 14 (11+3) No Materials

@Vigilon

Edited by Kaya