[SP-F2] Unwanted Strife [Complete]

Dazia was prepared to leave the safe zone again. This time, knowing that there may be evasive foes, she thinks about whether or not she should use one of the items she has within her inventory. "Well, if I indeed end up facing an evasive foe, I will need the accuracy to be able to land a hit. However, I'm not sure about when just yet..." It wouldn't be easy to deal with such an enemy without this item she was now holding in her hand. She brushed the idea aside for now, and placed the item back in the inventory. She walked ahead, not knowing what would transpire when she was outside the safe zone, known as Urbus.

Meanwhile, about half a mile away, something was happening, outside the safe zone. "What makes you think that I'll leave you be if you intend on joining that outfit?" "All you need to do right now is leave me be! I'll leave you alone, as long as you leave me be!"

Edited by Dazia

Dazia looked to her left, she looked to her right. There weren't any enemies, but she decided not to take a chance. She pulled out the item, a carrot cake cupcake, and ate it as she walked. "It kind of makes sense, actually. Carrots being good for the eyesight, accuracy enhancement, it just lines up." She continued walking, but she began to hear noise. Two voices. She began sticking to the nearby trees and overgrowth as she began heading towards the sound. She didn't want to risk anything going wrong, but if the situation was serious, yet weak enough, she might be able to intervene. As she got closer, she could discern words. "I won't allow you to live if you think that Guild is what's going to help you! For all I know, you've already done something for them, and you've barely escaped and are trying to make a fast getaway!" "Why don't you shut up and be willing to listen? It was merely a thought, I haven't joined them yet, and for the record, my low HP level is due to a monster fight, not a player! Do you see this cursor? Is it orange? I don't think so!"

- Carrot cake cupcake

Dazia's Accuracy has increased to 2 for the remainder of the thread

Edited by Dazia

The first voice was familiar, and the second sounded like it belonged to a girl of a younger age, at the early teens at the very most, about eight at the very least. "What could Lupix possibly have against another? It seems like she's jumping to conclusions here... Last time I saw her, she was my level. Thus, I must be strong enough to intervene today." She emerged from the overgrowth, and saw the two players. The first player was definitely Lupix. She may have grown in level, but it didn't look like her gear had changed a bit. The second player appeared to be about 13, possibly older or younger. The second player also had white hair, blue eyes, and was about 4'9" in height. "Excuse me, could one of you tell me exactly what's going on here?" Was there any proof that Lupix was correct? Or was this an irrational decision, like that time with Wardege?

Second NPC Player(A.K.A. Yinangi):

Spoiler

5a1df90b07b11_NPCAlly-Yinangi(Dazia).jpg.e3b323f399c745044bb6f81f5986bb57.jpg

Both players began speaking at once, at the same time, which was also loud enough to give Dazia a headache. She facepalmed, then said, "One at a time, please!" Lupix spoke up first. "This girl here is dangerous! She might not look like much here, but terrible things will happen if she joins that Guild! I cannot allow her to live if she joins such an evil outfit like them!" Then the next girl spoke up, and it sounded more like she was defending herself. "I am not dangerous! This girl accuses me of being a terrible murderer as soon as she hears me thinking out loud over whether or not I should join this Guild that invited me to it! The whole idea of it is ridiculous! I just want her to leave me be!" Dazia had heard both sides of the story, but there was one thing left to clarify. "Tell me, what is this Guild you speak of?"

Edited by Dazia

"That Guild is the Guild responsible for several, if not plenty, of killings across Aincrad, including my only brother! I may be a lone wolf, but I still care about others! I don't exactly know what it is that they have in mind for a goal, but I can't say it's anything good!" Dazia facepalmed over the fact that this was just like that time at the Halloween party, except killing and fighting were permitted. "There is no need to have a heart as vengeful as princess, but if she's rash enough to be irrational..." "All I know about them is an encounter. Two players from that Guild came up to me after I finished off a small group of monsters, saying I had potential to surpass all around me, potential to be strong. They invited me to their Guild, telling me it was the 'Strongest Guild in all of Aincrad'. I assumed that was the whole 'every man for his trade' thing, and I merely told them that I would think about it. that's all I know! So can you get this girl to get off my back?"

Edited by Dazia

From the given evidence, there was one thing Dazia could try to do. The first option, was to try and resolve this peacefully. "From what I'm getting, you(Looking at Lupix) are acting out of a vengeful heart, filled with rage and resentment towards this Guild, and you(Looking at the girl) claim to know nothing about them, except for the fact that they invited you to their Guild. Why don't we leave each other alone, and find out from there who we can and can't trust." From the look on her face, Lupix couldn't believe what Dazia was saying. "WHHAAAT!?!!? I can't believe you! You're taking her side?" Dazia's expression turned to a mild scowl. She spoke to Lupix sternly. "It's best that we don't jump to conclusions here. Besides, the girl's eyes seem to be portraying honesty. If she is telling the truth, would you really want her blood on your hands?"

Lupix pulled out her dagger. "Her? Telling the truth? It can't be, I know there's something not right here, and it's not me!" Dazia's hand was being forced. "Hmph, then tell me, what will it take for you to pardon the girl and leave her be?" Lupix hesitated at first, but then stood firm to say, "Defeat me. We shall duel. To the death if it must be that way. If you kill me, or win the duel by time, the girl lives, otherwise, she dies." Lupix had just drove off the cliff, and she was trying to take Dazia with her. There was only one remaining option here: Self-Defense. "If that's how it's going to be, if you are really going to refuse to listen to reason, then I accept your challenge." It wasn't right that Lupix would want to kill someone over a grudge to a guild that the girl hadn't even joined yet. But why? "First, tell me, why would you still wish to kill her even though she hasn't joined them yet? Do you really want to fall of the edge of the cliff?"

Total Loss duel initiated with NPC player <<Lupix>>

-Initiative-

Dazia:

ID# 92011 LD: 3

Lupix:

ID# 91012 LD: 7

-Lupix will be going first-

Turns left: 15

Dazia: HP 120/120, EP 12/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 60/60, EP 6/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia
Forgot to roll initiative

Lupix appeared insulted at the words "fall off the edge of the cliff". "Do you mean to tell me that you think I'm crazy or something!? Besides, If I don't stop her now, she'll be more troublesome and elusive in the future! There is nothing left for me to say here at this moment!" The word <<Start!>> appeared over the scene, and Lupix rushed in to attack. Dazia sidestepped and had her foot in position to trip her. After Lupix fell down, Dazia took the opportunity to strike with Rip Ravine, dealing some pretty good damage. "How is that a good reason? When there's a will there's a way. Isn't that how the saying goes? If she becomes elusive and problematic as you say, we will just have to live with those consequences." The girl stepped away from the scene, but not the general area. It seemed that she was willing to be near enough to see the fight, as long as she didn't get caught in any crossfire, so to speak.

ID# 91341 BD: 1(Critical Fail)

ID# 91342 BD: 10(Critical, +2 base DMG)

Rip Ravine: (4+2)x2=12

Turns left: 14

Dazia: HP 120/120, EP 10/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 48/60, EP 4/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia

Lupix got up, growling in frustration. "Why you dirty little-!" Dazia moved out of the way just in time to avoid another attempted attack, then she attacked with Rip Ravine again. "I have faced someone of a higher level than you. Challenging me was a rash mistake, from how I see it. Just because I accepted the challenge, doesn't mean I intend to lose." Lupix scoffed. "Nobody wants to lose. Nobody wants to die. Nobody in the right mind would let a killer get away!" "I may have made a previous kill in a duel in self defense, but does that make me a killer? For all we know, she might not have killed anyone! Would you really want innocent blood on your hands? Would you? Sensible people don't want such a thing!" Lupix should start regretting her decision right away, since there was no turning back until the timer ran out.

ID# 91418 BD: 4(Miss)

ID# 91419 BD: 9(Critical, +1 base DMG)

Rip Ravine: (4+1)x2=10

Turns left: 13

Dazia: HP 120/120, EP 9/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 38/60, EP 2/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia

"So you're saying I'm not sensible?" "No, I'm saying your actions aren't sensible. Do you really want to keep this up?" "As long as the timer's still ticking, I'm not backing down! I'm afraid there's no turning back!" Lupix attempted another attack, but missed Dazia by an inch. Dazia managed to strike Lupix with the Rip Ravine sword art. "So far, you haven't made a scratch on me. My latest attack has already brought you to half your HP. Do you really want to keep this up? If you believe we should keep fighting, the only thing that will happen is death. So the question is, are you going to be stubborn and run to your death, or are you going to do the sensible thing?" Lupix looked at her HP. It really was halfway down. She still had her evasion. She might last to the end. Perhaps the tables might turn, even.

ID# 91453 BD: 5(Miss)

ID# 91454 BD: 5+2-1=6(Hit)

Rip Ravine: 4x2=8

Turns left: 12

Dazia: HP 120/120, EP 8/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 30/60, EP 0/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia

"I can't surrender." "You do know what will follow if you stick with this, don't you? While it is true that you care about your brother's life, I care that the innocent should survive also. We can settle this peacefully, if you are willing." Lupix's expression hardened. "I told you, I can't surrender. Duels can be won or lost, but can one really concede in this game? Besides, we know nothing about her. How can we tell if she is innocent, or has actually had blood on her hands? Her cursor may be green, but she could have made a kill within a duel!" "Ever heard of self defense?" Lupix didn't want to admit it, but it was possible. But she couldn't just let things be. She could not allow the possibility of a murderer being before the two players be taken lightly. To survive, one had to take precautions that most wouldn't dare take.

[Neither player takes an action]

Turns left: 11

Dazia: HP 120/120, EP 9/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 30/60, EP 1/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia

"I can't let it end like this. I won't fall doing nothing at all. If anything, I will fall fighting for my cause! It doesn't matter if you win, Dazia, what matters right now is that we are in a duel and one of us has to win!" Lupix attacked with Round Accel, almost striking hard enough for Dazia to fall on her back. She had scored a critical hit. Dazia looked to her HP. The damage wasn't as expected. Then again, she had mitigation. She looked back at Lupix, and retaliated with Rip Ravine. "If you are going to stick with irrational thoughts, and fight me to the death, then you leave me no choice!" As this scene was going on, the girl who's life was also at stake began to think about the words being said. "So it seems that the girl who appeared more recently cares. She cares that the innocent cannot be punished... I'm interested in what else she does, and how she survives in this world... I might have an ally for once..."

ID# 91458 BD: 10(Critical, +2 base DMG)

ID# 91459 BD: 5+2-1=6(Hit)

Rip Ravine: 4x2=8

Turns left: 10

Dazia: HP 117/120, EP 8/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 22/60, EP 0/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia

The girl watched the two players continue to fight. The player defending her life didn't seem to be missing, and the other was having hard luck at the very least, with what seemed like a critical hit winding up mitigated. "Was she actually thinking she could win a duel like that, or was she assuming monsters were the only problem?" Lupix tried to attack, but Dazia used the same trick she used when the fight began. She tripped her, then attacked while she tried to get back up. "I really hate today." "It would have been better if you stayed at the inn today, if that's the case." What was the point in all this? Dazia was going to win at this rate, and Lupix would either surrender or die, although Dazia hoped she would surrender rather than die. Lupix looked at her HP, which was now in the red. This was it, unless Dazia missed until the timer ended.

ID# 91460 BD: 1(Critical Fail)

ID# 91461 BD: 9(Critical, +1 base DMG)

Rip Ravine: (4+1)x2=10

Turns left: 9

Dazia: HP 117/120, EP 8/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 12/60, EP 0/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia
  • 2 weeks later...

Dazia looked at Lupix, who's HP was now in the red. "You sure you want to keep going? If you wish to survive as much as I do, You'd stop now, wouldn't you? You're only two hits from my sword art to death, so I'll just go with regular attacks if you persist, giving you more time to give up on this hopeless duel. Do you really want to be at death's door?" Lupix got up, and said, "Sometimes, one may take risks to take precautions. Clearly, I now see that this was the wrong risk to take. However, like I told you before, I don't know how to concede. So we will keep fighting." If Dazia had the slightest care, she would stop attacking entirely. Lupix attacked Dazia, and what would normally happen was retaliation. However, Dazia's heart wasn't completely in it. She gave a halfhearted try and missed.

ID# 92013 BD: 7(Hit)

ID# 92015 BD: 2+1=3(Miss)

Turns left: 8

Dazia: HP 116/120, EP 7/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 12/60, EP 0/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia

Dazia sighed, looked at Lupix, and said, "I think you need to think this through for a minute. I strike you three times, you die. You really want to keep going?" Lupix sighed, and replied with, "As if I have to repeat the same thing over and over and over again..." Throughout all this, the white haired player still watched. "Neither of them are willing to let up, but it looks like they also wish to call it off, but they assume they can't until the timer runs out. They could have easily settled this another way, but I guess that's not how things are in this death game..." The girl wondered what other reasons could be within the two players' motives, as they were about to collide again. Dazia sidestepped to avoid Lupix's attack, then swung her blade at her opponent once she fell on her front. Rushing in like that with a dagger was the wrong choice.

ID# 92018 BD: 1(Critical Fail)

ID# 92019 BD: 6+1=7(Hit)

Turns left: 7

Dazia: HP 116/120, EP 7/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 8/60, EP 0/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia
  • 1 month later...

Dazia wondered, how much senselessness did one need to continue a hopeless duel? Lupix either had no clue as to how to just stand still and surrender, allowing all of this to end peacefully, or she was just too stubborn to be able to listen to reason in heated moments. "Just tell me now, are you going to listen to reason and stop, or are you going to die from being stubborn?" Lupix rushed to attack as her response. Dazia prepared to thrust her weapon at Lupix as well. Lupix managed to strike Dazia fairly hard, but the mitigation was the primary issue regarding the damage dealt. Dazia then thrust her weapon into her opponent's chest, also dealing a critical hit. "This day. Just. Keeps. Getting. Worse..." "You're the one who is about to commit suicide by not stopping this freaking duel." It would only take one hit, just one more hit, to kill Lupix. Why didn't Dazia just choose to have the Duel be Half-Loss instead of fully agreeing with the original terms presented?

ID# 94428 BD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

ID# 94429 BD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG)

Turns left: 6

Dazia: HP 115/120, EP 7/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 2/60, EP 0/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia

Dazia looked at Lupix with a serious expression on her face. "What is your choice?" "Depends on what happens now." Lupix was hoping that Dazia would be the one to stop, allowing her to have one last shot at Victory before the timer ended. The white haired player waited with anticipation. Both players were ready to make a move. Lupix tried to attack, but Dazia sidestepped. "Big mistake." Dazia swung her blade, but Lupix ducked in time to avoid the blade that would bring her demise in a single hit. Lupix made her choice. Dazia made her choice. From what Dazia saw, Lupix was too stubborn to listen to reason at this point. From what Lupix saw, Dazia might attack if she was attacked herself. Seeing that Lupix wanted it to be Dazia who did nothing, this proved to be a problem that might have this day, maybe her life, end on a sour note...

ID# 94435 BD: 5(Miss)

ID# 94436 BD: 3+2-1=4(Miss)

Turns left: 5

Dazia: HP 115/120, EP 6/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Edited by Dazia

Dazia believed Lupix should have one last chance to surrender, so she waited for Lupix to make her choice once more. Lupix tried to attack once , but was tripped by Dazia. Lupix managed to roll out of the way in time before Dazia thrust her blade, and thus it hit the ground instead. "Well? Something has to have happened by now. Either way, the girl in black is definitely going to win this duel. Although I don't know why she accepted the Total Loss terms when she could have gone with Half-loss instead. Perhaps she thought the other girl had some mitigation? The damage already dealt says otherwise." Dazia glared at her opponent. "Your attacks have shown me your choice. Is this really what you want?" "And what would ever make you say that, huh? I didn't even say a word!"

ID# 94440 BD: 1(Critical Fail)

ID# 94441 BD: 4+2-1=5(Miss)

Turns left: 4

Dazia: HP 115/120, EP 5/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Edited by Dazia

Lupix had made her choice. Dazia didn't want to have to do it, but this would be the consequence of her rash, irrational, stubborn actions. She first waited for Lupix to make an attack that would be evaded. "Actions speak louder than words." Lupix ended up losing her grip on her weapon, and the dagger flew out. Dazia swatted it aside with her rapier, and swung her blade. Lupix fell to the ground. "How could you do this...you monster..." Her avatar shattered, ending the duel, and, regrettably, her life. "I didn't want to do this, but like I said, you left me no choice." The white haired player waited for a bit before approaching Dazia. "H-hey, thanks for saving me back there." "And the only problem I'll have is knowing that I've ended up killing two people in my time within this forsaken virtual world." "Rrriiight... Anyway, you seem like a good, strategic sort. I could sure use an ally like you. It's true that some Guild invited me to join them, but honestly, I don't want to."

55 Light Points have been added to Dazia's Journal(Saved Yinangi)

110 Dark Points have been added To Dazia's Journal(Killed Lupix)

Dazia's alignment has been affected!

ID# 94442 BD: 1(Critical Fail)

ID# 94443 BD: 5+2-1=6(Hit)

[Duel Completed]

Dazia: HP 115/120, EP 5/12 | 4 DMG | 9 Mit. | 2 ACC

Lupix: HP 0/60, EP 0/6 | 4 DMG | 1 EVA

Edited by Dazia

Under normal conditions, it would have seemed at least a little wrong for the white haired player to just speak casually after Dazia had just killed someone, but the girl was the one who Dazia's course of action had saved, so she let it slide. "Understandable." Dazia was considering saying that she should keep an eye on the white haired player just in case, but she wouldn't need to. "You...don't mind me coming along with you, right?" Dazia didn't expect this at all, but it did fall in line with her consideration. "I don't mind at all. Allow me to introduce myself properly. My name is Dazia. My only goal is to survive, by any means necessary." "Any means necessary, huh? I'm cool with that. Call me Yinangi." Yinangi had the appearance of a twelve year old. She was about 4'11". Dazia was only getting more and more curious about this player.