[PP-F3] Nighttime Encounter

Vigilon was happy to know that Krysta was here. Perhaps finding something else to dwell on or focus on, with the help of a friend or two, might get his mind off of what was bothering him recently. "How are you doing? It's great to see you again." He looked and saw the other two players as well. One of them he recognized, the other he didn't. "Didn't I see you at the Halloween party?" It was nighttime, but he wasn't tired just yet. Perhaps there might actually be time to do something, but it would depend on whether or not the other three are ok with it. He wondered if the player who he had recently encountered would be ok with it as well, not that he'd know or guess. She had flowing, long straight orange hair, deep blue eyes, and her apparel was light armor the color of the ocean, could possibly be sapphire in color, but that was just him guessing.

@Krysta @Pinball @Mina

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watch as Vigilon runs off to greet his friend. I stand there on the road of Delilah, a stone's throw from the other players. It would be nice to get to know them, but...if only I wasn't so nervous in social situations all the time! "I wonder, what kinds of people are Vigilon's friends? It also seems that his friend here has friends of her own, too, though I could be wrong..." I gather my courage, and begun slowly walking to the four players ahead of me. My hands were behind my back, and I was looking to the ground. Almost everyone around me sees me as a shy kind of person. It's true that I even unnerve myself in social interaction, but perhaps this time around, I might be able to speak with more than one person without retreating to a wall or corner... "H-hello." I say, looking at Krysta.

"It's nice to see you too. I'm doing well, how have you been?" Vigilon then noticed Pinball, who he recognized from the Halloween party. Krysta didn't know if Pinball would recognize him as well, due to the costume he was wearing. "We had just finished the quest <<Worn Out Welcome>>. Although the day was won, I didn't manage to land a hit at all!" It was true. Victory, yet not a single hit. At the present, however, she noted that detail while still keeping a smile. It was a trivial mishap, back in the past. She probably wouldn't have such an issue with a Dark Elf again anytime soon. Krysta then noticed a girl walking over to the four players, then approaching her shyly. "Seeing that she was beside Vigilon just a moment earlier, I can guess she already knows him by now." The girl greeted Krysta. "Hello, I'm Krysta."

@Vigilon @Mina @Pinball

Pinball scratched the back of his head, offering a forced smile. "Y-yeah, I don't - no, I don't remember you.. I don't think." The arrival of two new players caught Pinball off guard, and the usually shy boy found himself embracing old habits. A stutter, the inability to look someone in the eye for longer than 5 seconds, and an unreasonably high amount of nervousness when talking to others were all things Pinball was used to. He had gotten caught up in the rush of adrenaline the fight with the Dark Elf had given him, and had been able to surpass these unfavorable symptoms. However, when new people arrived, or he went too long in social situations, he immediately fell back into his usual routine. "Were you-uhh... Were you the guy in that knight costume?" His voice didn't come out sounding nearly as confident as he had intended.

As the others introduced themselves, Pinball slowly detached himself from the main group, and pulled out his dagger. He looked the emerald blade over, occasionally scratching at its face or flicking its edge so as to look like he was doing something. As he did this, he debated whether or not he wanted to call it a night and leave. Give it a bit. When they decide what they want to do, then you can decide.

Mina heaved a sigh of relief, about to go off after finishing the quest with Krysta and Pinball. It was hard work, and she felt her virtual muscles beginning to ache. Stepping out of the blacksmith's workshop, following the other two, they caught sight of two newcomers, whereby the blonde greeted the male. The new male apparently seemed to know Pinball too, and Mina could see that Pinball wasn't really that associated with him. Krysta's friends huh... Mina went forward, giving a smile and introducing herself, before stepping back, letting the friends talk. It was rude not to introduce herself, that was why she went forward, but her introverted self took over once more. Since the death game started, she had to make friends, had to pull herself out of her comfort zone to survive, but after a long fight with the Dark Elf just now, all she wanted was a long rest to her body and mind. Eyeing Pinball who detached himself like she did, she observed the situation, wondering what to do. Well, if it's going to be interesting, then there's no harm joining them.

@Krysta @Vigilon @Pinball

Krysta explained what she had done. Worn out Welcome. That quest brought quite a few memories... "Oh, gosh, that quest. The Dark Elf I faced was so freaking evasive! Sure, there were three other players facing the enemy along with me, but it's not like she didn't know how to avoid our attacks..." Pinball didn't completely remember him from the Halloween party, and asked him if he was the one in the...knight costume? "Knight costume? I didn't see anyone in a knight costume. I went to the party dressed as Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates, prince of... Well, he was born a prince of Hoshido and Valla, but he was also raised as a prince of Nohr. Maybe all three? Dang, now I'm confused from trying to wrap my head around that..." He scratched the back of his head. "If you meant the person that was beside Krysta talking to you and the little girl in a Cucco costume, then yes, that was me."

@Krysta @Mina @Pinball

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't mind that the blonde girl who introduced herself as Krysta seemed to be the only one willing to talk with me. Usually, one person is more than enough to speak with when social interactions are involved. Vigilon was speaking with the other male player, although he and another seemed to detatch themselves from the conversation. What an awkward situation this was becoming. It also seemed that Krysta would probably want me to introduce myself. The only problem was, it was already far too awkward for me to say a simple introduction easily. "I-... Ahhhh........" I had to say something, rather than let myself be overwhelmed by the situation. My face had already reddened slightly. I was already feeling like I should just walk away... "I... I-I'm.....M-my name is Kaldui." If anything, I managed to get that out. Was it worth it to remain here? I guessed I'd have to wait and find out.

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta listened to what Vigilon said. It seemed that he had worse luck on the quest than she did... "It sounds that you had worse luck than I did..." Vigilon began answering Pinball's question, and then Pinball and Mina kind of detatched themselves from the conversation. The girl Krysta was speaking to stuttered nervously, then introduced herself as Kaldui. Now that the players were all here, what were they going to do? Were they going to just chat and leave? Were they going to go out and do one more thing? She really didn't know what would happen. ...Nor did she know what else to say to the very shy girl named Kaldui. She looked at all of the players. "Umm....is this going to lead anywhere? Should we do something, or should we go our separate ways for the night? I'm guessing we must have been through some things already during the day, but then again, the night is still young..."

@Pinball @Mina @Vigilon

Pinball simply nodded as Vigilon spoke. Pinball had successfully detached himself from the conversation. He hated speaking out in large groups, anyways. He found that he enjoyed listening to people much more than he did talking to them. Pinball put his dagger in the scabbard hanging from his belt. Mina seemed to have removed herself from the conversation as he had, and the girl Vigilon brought along with him seemed to be nervous as well. Just as Pinball was about to leave, he heard Krysta ask whether or not they were actually going to do anything. Sure, talking was all well and good, but it got old for even the most social of people. Pinball nodded as Krysta asked her question, showing that he agreed with the thought. If the group planned on just sitting around talking, it was something Pinball wouldn't be able to handle for long. It wasn't in his nature... and besides, he could be sleeping right now. 

Vigilon was the male, and the female was Kaldui. Mina kept a mental note on their appearance and faces, they were of no harm, and in the future, Mina might actually seek help from them if there was a chance. Listening to Krysta, Mina nodded and agreed with her thought. Sitting around and talking wasn't of Mina's interest, not at this time. She wanted to do something to improve herself, her goal was the frontlines, and she didn't mind any sort of adventure right now. Especially when the night was still young. Sure, it'll be dangerous, but if they all went together, they were as safe as they could have ever been. Players didn't usually do night adventures as there was low light, which meant a drop in accuracy while attacking monsters. Besides, they could be ambushed unsuspectingly by them, or worse, player killers, greatly increasing the chances of them dying.

@Krysta @Vigilon @Pinball

Vigilon noticed how the conversation was leading nowhere at all. The other players(excluding Krysta, it seemed) didn't seem to have any interest in the conversation, or where it was leading. Krysta asked about what they should all do now. "I uh, don't know. We could possibly go outside the safe zone temporarily, but that would cause accuracy problems without a light source in the vicinity. Not only that, but there is more risk besides accuracy that we might end up worrying about... Well, other than those two negatives, it seems like a step up from what's happening here at the moment." If they did end up going outside the safe zone, they might find a suitable place where, say, one could start a fire, providing light. That might be able to help. "I'll see if I can find a method for a source of light if necessary." Vigilon decided to wait for a response.

@Krysta @Pinball @Mina

The conversation was going entirely south. Krysta seemed to notice, and asked if the players were going to just go their separate ways, or do something. Doing something might have risk, here at this time of night. Things might be worse, however... I listened to what Vigilon said, and I thought about it carefully. Earlier, during the evening, I mentioned something that was on multiple floors... Of course! there was something on this floor that the four of them could handle! I don't know if other things would try to get in the way, but if necessary, I might be able to clear them out. Scratch that, this was floor three, the monsters here wouldn't stand a chance! "I...have a thought. On multiple floors, there is a miniboss that varies in strength by the floor it is on. The weakest of them is here on this floor, I know because I've faced the beast before. If you want, I can show you the way."

After Krysta had asked her question, Mina and Pinball seemed to agree to what she was thinking, in their own ways, which apparently included silence. Krysta was worried that the handful of players was waiting for her to be the one to make a suggestion as to exactly what they would do. Then Vigilon spoke. He seemed to like the thought of doing something else than talking, but it seemed that the only option in this case was to leave the safe zone. Didn't she hear that outside the safe zone was twice as dangerous after dark? At the end of what he said, it seemed that he was looking at both the empty and full halves of the glass. Soon after that, Kaldui gave a suggestion, saying that there was a miniboss somewhere on this floor. If that was true, she could only hope it wasn't too powerful... "Well, It sounds alright. I guess we could try to take it on." She turned to the others. "So what do we do? Should we follow her to the miniboss she speaks of?"

@Pinball @Mina @Vigilon

"Well, that's certainly something to do," Pinball laughed, flipping his dagger in the air with a casual flick of the wrist. He caught the blade as it fell and returned it to its scabbard. A miniboss was something Pinball had never faced before, as he had put survival before leveling up. He usually spends most of his time in-game cooking and gathering, and as such, he doesn't have a terrible amount of experience with fighting. But, with so many people with him, Pinball was confident they could handle fighting a Floor 3 monster. Even if it was a miniboss, the man named Vigilon looked like he would be able to Solo anything on this floor. Pinball looked to Mina, the only one who hadn't spoken up as of yet. "You cool with that, too?" He would hate to have to split ways so soon, and fighting was the only way the group would get to know each other. Plus, it sure as hell beats doing... whatever the hell this is. 

"Yeah, I'm cool with that. Beats being here with nothing to do." Mina spoke up at Pinball's query, breaking her silence. A miniboss? Just what she needed to improve herself. She had to defeat this creature in order to be worthy of being in the frontlines, her only experience with a miniboss was on the second floor, and since then, she didn't exactly had much experience in defeating stronger creatures. The five-man team looked strong enough to defeat anything even though it was in low light conditions, and besides, each of them could look out for each other in case the situation turns dangerous. The rewards that they'll be able to get clearly outweighs the risk. In MIna's mind, at least. She had seen what Krysta and Pinball could do serve in battles, and Vigilon looked really strong, having a presence similar to someone she met before from the higher floors. She wasn't sure about Kaldui though, but since she was sticking with Vigilon, she had to be strong of some sense too. Mina brushed her hair slightly, her long black tresses billowing in the wind,  and she moved slightly closer to the group.

@Vigilon @Krysta @Pinball

A miniboss? That might work. If it spawned in a certain area, he could start a controlled, campfire-sized flame for use as a light source, eliminating any potential accuracy issues. Possibly. It wasn't like he knew. It seemed like all of them were in on the idea, that it beats doing practically nothing. "Well, in that case, this means we're off to fight a miniboss." Now there were several things on Vigilon's mind. One, What was this miniboss, and did it have anything extra that the group would have to deal with? Would fire be any help to accuracy? Could this prove strength in numbers was better than his current usual methods of training? As the players started on their way on the road towards the safe zone's exit, Vigilon dwelt among these things. Not only that, but when was the last time he ever did something with others after dark?

@Krysta @Pinball @Mina

The others seemed to agree with the idea. It sure was far better than risking myself running off to a wall or corner over letting myself become unnerved. Inwardly, I breathed a sigh of relief. Social interaction was never my forte. Knowing what the miniboss was, I'd probably leave it to the four players, while I just sit out and either watch the fight, or keep anything else at bay. The boss would always differ, sometimes for better or for worse. If it had any allies, I would turn their attention to me, so that while the other players held off the boss, I would take down the boss's friends. It shouldn't be hard at all, honestly. However, I don't know if watching the others would be strange, or get just a little smidgen boring after a bit. Perhaps, should anything come my way, I won't use my best sword arts. As we were crossing the border of the safe zone, I could only rely on map and memory to locate the area, which wasn't as far as I first thought it was. I hoped for the best as we continued on...

The others seemed to like the idea of fighting a miniboss. Since everyone was interested, it was time to go and face a miniboss. This fight will either be an average miniboss fight, or it will be the most difficult miniboss she ever faced so far. "So I guess that since we're all in agreement, it's time to face a miniboss. Seeing that you know the location, could you lead the way, Kaldui?" It already seemed that she had the same idea. Five players, one foe. This miniboss wouldn't stand a chance! Even if this was one of the strongest things that could spawn on this floor, they should be able to take it on. She had seen the battle skill of all but Kaldui. What was she capable of in combat? Healing? Protecting? "Say, Kaldui, was anyone with you when you faced this creature? What was it like?" Perhaps learning about the experience on Kaldui's end might give a hint as to what the miniboss was capable of.

@Pinball @Mina @Vigilon

They were finally off; the party of five were making their way to what Pinball hoped was the Miniboss, and not some elaborate trap. As they walked, Pinball let his mind wander. It was only the third floor, and Pinball was confident they wouldn't have much to worry about in regards to combat. Even if it was the strongest thing to fight on this floor, and even if Pinball's damage output was pitiful, he wouldn't have anything to worry too much about. There were four other people here to back him up, and he was surely above the level recommendation for this floor. He stole a few glances at the people around him, but mostly kept his head down. He hadn't met two of the people in their group before this, and the boy feared the worst. Shoving his hands in his pockets, Pinball walked, his body tense and ready to move in the occasion he sees his health bar even flicker in the slightest.