[F6-pp] How to tame a dragon(lizzard) <<FtE>> CLOSED

It wasn't to long ago, that Hei had thought, all those players using their time on something like a familiar where kind of silly. There was no reason to get one of those, they would just need attention and food and what else he did not even know, but when he had paid Eatos and her Husky Angel a visit, his opinion had changed. A pet was a good way to not be alone all the time, and besides that, there was a possibility that a familiar would be able to help in combat or the daily life. Angel for example helped Eatos by protecting her, and so Hei decided that it was time to finally get his own pet. He had talked to Stryder who had been on the hunt for one himself, but who hadn't been able to find one, and he had told him, that it wasn't to easy taming one, so Hei prepared and visited Pinball, to order some meat balls he could use to tame his familiar.

He also had used some time to find out what kind of familiar he would like to tame and where to find it, and after talking to many players who already had their own familiars and some NPCs who had helpful information, he was sure that the sixth floor was where he had to go. He was just getting ready to teleport to the sixth floor, when a thought crossed his brain and he opened his menu to send a message to Saphira:

Spoiler

Dear @Saphira,
I hope not to interrupt you, if you please excuse me.
I am about to pay the sixth floor a visit, and I wondered if you'd like to join. It will be a fun trip and with a little Luck we can see one of the rare Lizarddragons living on this floor. And besides that, I heard that there are lots of interesting alchemical materials to gather in the jungle.

If you are interested, just come to my shop, I'll wait there. If not, send me a message.

Stats and Equip:

Spoiler

Hei: 460/460 HP | 46/46 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG

Item Stats:
- Gae Bulg, Spear of Mortal Pain +3 DMG
-
Dragon's Eye +3 ACC
-
Scales of Speed +3 EVA
-
The Harbinger's Cloak +3 LD (vanity/ battleready items)

Battle Ready Items:
The Harbinger's Cloak (takes one, even when worn as vanity )
5 T1 Healtpotions
<<Tiger Rage>> A potion which grants +2 damage. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
1 Hot Dragon Snack (+2 LD) consumable

Spoiler

<<Feeding the Enemy>>

This quest may take place on any Floor.
This quest is not repeatable, unless your previous familiar is dead or has died.

An old gypsy NPC woman approaches you. She tells you that if you feed a monster, it may become tamed and accompany you on adventures, and sometimes even help you. However, taming a familiar is very rare, and you may even be damaged by the familiar. Use caution. This quest can be taken on any floor.

Requirements:

Thread Length: 1 Page/20 Posts

The monster tamed must be smaller than a large dog and within reason. The tamed monster must also be logically tamed, and as such most humanoid monsters will not be tamable. Staff reserves the right to deny certain types of familiars. If you're worried that your familiar may not be approved before searching for it, please PM a member of Staff.

Rewards:

1. The title <<(Insert beast's type name) Tamer>>
  2. A familiar (Possibly, view chart below.)
  3. 1 Skill Point

Familiar Results:
When feeding a familiar, you have one chance to tame a familiar every 15 posts. That means you may only roll the loot die for the familiar on the fifteenth post. If you don't want a familiar that you tamed without buffs, you may kill it and continue searching. Use the loot die(LD) to see if you do. Familiars may only be attempted to be found in intervals of 15 posts of the attempting player.

LD 1 - 10 Failure No monster is found or the taming attempt is unsuccessful.
LD 11-18 Success Monster is found and may be successfully tamed. 
LD 19+ Success Monster is found and successfully tamed. Player may choose an extra skill from the Familiar Enhancements, submitted for approval via the Evaluations forum.

Only one familiar may be obtained per thread.

Edited by Hei
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saphira was still sleeping as she heared the bell sound of an arriving message, she mumbled something hard to understand and snuggled deeper in her pillow. But after some time her curiosity outweighed and she opened her menu . As she saw the message of Hei, she begun to read - I really need some materials...and it is much more fun to search for them together...also I´ve never visited the sixth Floor before - . As Saphira finished reading she stood up and took her equipment on and walked down to her shop. She poured the plants and before she left the shop she ate fast something, before she would left the house hungry. - All I know about the sixth Floor is, that it is a jungle Floor. Maybe I´ll find something useful. - she thought while she was walking through the town of beginning.
- Good morning Hei - said Saphira with a smile as she entered "The Hanger" and saw Hei - I would like to join you -

- Stats and Equip -

Spoiler

Saphira: 140/140 HP | 14/14 Energy | 1 EVA | 3 MIT | 4 DMG
Regen: after Hit healing 5 HP for 3 turns
Dagger Skill: Rank 2

- Items -

- Frozen Death ( 1 DMG | Bleed 1 )
 - Embrace of Darkness ( 2 MIT | 1 EVA )
 - Fearless Wings ( 1 MIT | Reagen )

- Battle Ready Items -

- Mister CrawCraw ( Loot Die +1 )

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
 - 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
 -1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Edited by Saphira

Hei was wondering what took Saphira so long, her shop wasn't that far from his own one and she was an active kind of person, so she wouldn't wait to long after getting the message to answer or come along. After about half an hour, he decided, that it was time to start his adventure and so he began his preparations. He quickly gathered his consumables from the storage and pulled his equipment from the inventory. Once he was ready to go, he would leave, but exactly at that time Saphira entered the store and greeted him. "Good morning Saphira, you took your time." he said with a smile. He wasn't angry at her, but still they had lost some valuable time, he could have spent searching for a companion. After greeting her, he lead her out of the store and closed the door, as they wouldn't return to soon.

On their way over to the teleportation platform, Hei enjoyed the sun and the soft breeze, and began talking to Saphira "Nice to have you with me. I know that you might have something better to do, but it's really nice to not be alone with all of this gathering and searching in the jungle. Have you ever been to the sixth floor?" he finished by posing her a question.

OOC: 3/15

Edited by Hei
  • 4 weeks later...

- I am sorry, that I took so long - She said as they walked out of the shop - I hope you ain´t had to wait too long. - she added with a little guilty feeling. As the two of them begun to walk to the teleportetion pplatform she tried to forget about her bad feeling and to enjoy the soft breeze. Saphira looked up to Hei and as he begun to speak, she had to smile after the first sentence - I am glad, it is also nice to be with you. Okay, this sounds really weird...I-i mean y-you are a nice person, a-and it is always fun to be with you... - Saphira looked shy away as her face blushed a little bit, and as the heat was gone she looked again at Hei and said - No, no, it is okay. I don´t have to do much at the moment so I am glad that you asked me to come along. Also I never was at the sixth floor before. - glad, that she would visit the sixth floor with someone she, know she smiled again. - I hope I will find some useful materials there...but for wat exactly do you want to look for at the sixth floor? In the message you said something about rare Lizarddragons, will you try to catch one of them? - she asked Hei.

They were still on their way towards the teleportplatform and It seemed, that Saphira was, well, what should he say for it. Maybe shy and a little nervous, but also naive like a teenage girl walking with her crush. He wasn't used to this behaviour, so he had to hold back to not start laughing, when she started stuttering after saying something about it being nice to be with him. Maybe she really was nothing more than a teenage girl, and maybe she really liked him, but still, why act so weird about it? "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you like to be with me" he teased her a little. Then they continued their way, and after a little, she opened to him, that she had never been to the sixth floor, and that she hoped to gather some good mats, and that she wanted to know what exactly he wanted up there, as she hadn't really got it. "Something in that sort. There is a rare specious of small lizarddragons, that are good ad finding an enemies weak point and I hope, that I will be able to tame one of them. It's not like I will catch it like in pokemon, but I rather have to feed it, so it will begin to trust me and will follow me. I even got some special food made by Pinball for this reason."

OOC: 5/15

Edited by Hei

As Hei told her, he won´t tell anyone that she like to be with him she looked away, but after a short moment she had to smile and said - Thank you for not telling anyone - . Saphira listened to him as he explained what he wanted to do at the sixth floor - So you want to search for a familiar - interested she looked at him - It doesn´t sounds that easy - she said and looked at the way. Finally they reached the place with the teleporting platform, Saphira looked at it - I wonder how it will be there, at the sixth floor, in the jungle. - she mumbled - And while he will search for one of the Lizarddragons I will search some materials, I hope both of us will be successful. - - Uhhm...is ther anything important I need to know about the sixth floor? Or can we go up to it? - she asked and looked at Hei, waiting for an answer, if ther was something importand she should take care of.

"I hope it won't be that difficult to find one of the dragonlizzards and tame it, or we might be busy for quite a while." Hei responded to Saphira recapping that he wants to search for a familiar, and that this sounded like it was not to easy. When they arrived at the teleportation Platform Saphira asked him, if there were important things she needed to know about the sixth floor, and as she had never been there, Hei would tell her the basics. "Well, we could just go there, but I will tell you a few bits of information i have gathered when I was there the last time. The main settlement, and so the name you have to say to teleport up there is <<Krycim>> and it is inhabited by Amazonian people. They are the only ones you will find up there, so don't be scared by their harsh and nearly nude look. The rest of the floor is covered by a big jungle, so the temperature  should be between 20 and 30 degree and it's always humid. Be prepared for rain and wild animals, and hope to find some cool jungle ruins." With him thinking, that that was about all, he stepped onto the Platform and said "Krycim" and disappeared.

7/15

- So there are Amazonian people, wild animals...this isn´t really new...jungle ruins sounds really cool, as long as ther isn´t a boss monster nearby. - Saphira looked at Hei as he entered the platform and as he disappeared she followed him - There you gou - she mumbled and said the word Hei had told her.
The humid heat hit Saphira as she entered the sixth floor and she needed a moment to acclimate. Saphira listened at the strange sounds around her and looked curious around. She saw big trees, really big trees with big, emerald green tree-tops and the air was filled with many different smells - I can´t whait to search here for some materials, I think it would be fun, as long as ther isn´t a mob on my way and as long as I am able to get out of the jungle again - Saphira smiled bright and opened her inventar to put Mister CrawCraw aout and her dagger inside it. After she had changed her equipment she looked at Hei and smiled - Wanna go? Searching for some materials and a Lizzarddragon? - she asked.

When they arrived at Krycim, it wasn't raining, but that would change not to far in the future, Hei had been to this floor twice, and the rain was periodical every two to three hours. As he already had the survival skill, the heat was not to bad for him, but he already regretted that he hadn't taken off the armour before coming here, so he quickly opened the inventory and put the armour in. Then he equipped the cloak, that wasn't to good for the heat either, but he needed it's vision enhancement to have a better chance to find one of the animals he was looking for. "You don't have to worry, we will safely return from our adventure. There is no way to actually get lost in this jungle, as our map works fine on this floor. And in case of there being something that wants to fight us, I'll easily kill it. " he told Saphira, who was getting ready to start their adventure too. Before they could leave the town, she told him, that she was ready now, and when she mixed up the name of the dragonlizzard he had to chuckle. "Alright, let's go. We will search for mats and the dragonlizzard."

-3 EVA | +3 LD

9/15

Edited by Hei

The two of them left the town and entered the jungle. Wherever Saphira looked she saw strange and colorful plants and big jungle trees. Vines hung down from the big branches and she heared the sounds of big birds up in the tree tops. Excited she looked around - This is amazing - she said with a bright smile on her face and looked at a group of some little yellow flowers on the ground. - I think, - she said as she stood up again - while you are searching for the dragonlizzard, I can search a few materials for you too. - Saphira finished the sentence and looked at Hei - I think you need also some materials. - . Saphira looked again around, wondering how difficult it would be to find some useful materials in the jungle.
Saphira looked at a little mushroom on a tree - This mushroom looks poisonous, and I am sure this little guy is really poisonous. - she turned around and followed Hei.

Spoiler

ID# 94352
LD: 4+1 --> found nothing

Edited by Saphira

Leading Saphira through the jungle, Hei had a good look at everything that was to find within it. There were beautiful flowers hiding in the heights of the trees and small animals jumping around. He thought he had seen a pink frog, but he wasn't sure as it had disappeared so quickly. Saphira told him, that she would be looking for materials, and that she could look for him too, but he wasn't going to accept that offer. "You don't need to gather anything for me. I am sure that I will find what i need while I am looking for the rare dragonlizard. Just focus on the kind of plants you can use for your alchemy." He hoped that she would understand it, and not be hurt by him. His first goal was to find the way towards one of the bigger ruins, as it was said, that the dragonlizards liked the sun warmed stones of it. But before he would go there, he opened his menu and skimmed through it, searching for the dragon snacks he had obtained from Pinball. Taking them out and using them to lure the lizards in, Hei was ready to go and search.

+2 LD | -1 hot dragon snacks

11/15

Saphira nodded as Hei answered her - If you say so, then I´ll search something I can use. - she said with a look at him and after a short moment she looked around again, searching for useful stuff. While she looked around she saw a big, blue butterfly flying around her in circles - beautyful - she thought with a bright smile. The heat on this floor was still unfamiliar to her and soon , while searching a thicket for some materials, she began thinking about the rain. She had heard that it rains often in the jungle, and she hoped, that the rain would wait till Hei had found one of the dragonlizards. The girl looked at a little, ruby-red flower with little white points, curious she came closer and plucked the flower - this flower looks useful - she thought as she put the flower in her inventory. After shortly looking around, she followed Hei again.

Spoiler

ID# 94650
LD: 16+1 --> found 1 T1 material

Edited by Saphira

They had finally began to leave the town and not short after entering the wild and unpleasant undergrowth of the giant jungle all around them, Saphira had followed his advice and had started looking for something she could use for her profession. Hei didn't know what it was she was searching for, but it seemed that she was not to bad at it. After a few minutes she had left the small path and searched some of the all surrounding thicket for some plants. Hei was still following the path, when he thought he had seen some small animal with nice looking fur he could use for some of the more exclusive items he crafted. Leaving the path to follow it, he told Saphira who had returned to continue on the path and wait for him, if he wasn't with her within the next ten minutes.

Leaving the path, the animal ran through the wild growth and Hei had difficulties following it, but every time he thought he had lost it, it appeared in his field of vision and so he continued following it. Nearly ten minutes later, he saw a bird the height of a dog flying down from somewhere within the jungle, attacking the small animal and flying off with its prey. Angry about losing the precious material, he returned to Saphira, mumbling about the world being unfair.

Spoiler

ID# 94667
Loot: 5+5 = 10 -> nothing found

OOC Spoiler:

Spoiler

Saphira nodded as Hei answered her - If you say so, then I´ll search something I can use. - she said with a look at him and after a short moment she looked around again, searching for useful stuff. While she looked around she saw a big, blue butterfly flying around her in circles - beautyiful - she thought wondering ??? (Wondering heißt sich etwas fragen). The heat on this floor was still unfamiliar to her and soon , while searching a thicket for some materials, she began thinking about the rain. she beguan to think about the rain while she searched for some materials in a thicket. She had heared that it rains often in the jungle, and she hoped, that the rain will would wait till Hei had found one of the dragonlizards. The girl looked at a at a little, ruby-red flower with little white points, curious she came closer and plucked the flower - this flower looks usefull - she thought as she put the flower in her inventory. After she looked short shortly looking around, she followed Hei again.

13/15

Edited by Hei

As she reached Hei again he told her that she should continue on the path, and if he wasn´t with her within the next ten minutes, she should wait for him. She nodded as Hei turned around and walked deeper into the jungle. Slowly the girl continued walking, listening to every sound. While walking she looked around, searching for something, or at least looking at her envirnoment and hoping to find somethin without searching in a thicket. She tried to search like this a few minutes long but she wasn´t able to find something she could use for her potions. After ten minutes of walking she stopped and looked back and a moment later she saw Hei, walking out of the thicket and mumbling something. - He diesn´t do look like he had found something - she thought by herself - Ready to continue walking? - she asked him and begun slowly to follow the small path again.

Spoiler

ID# 95093
Loot: 7 + 1 = 8 --> nothing

Edited by Saphira

"Well, yeah. Let's go! This jungle doesn't like me, I even got tricked by some silly squirrel." Hei knew it was neither good nor right to let his anger flow towards Saphira, but it was difficult to control such feelings. He had never been the type of person, who liked losing, and losing to something as small and stupid as an AI squirrel made him mad. "Sorry, please don't be offended, it's just that I hate losing" he tried to better what he had said, without knowing if she had even noticed his more or less aggressive voice.
Soon they continued walking through the jungle, Saphira was looking for some mats, and he was as well, when he heard something not to far off. Would it be another squirrel, or maybe a monster he had to fight? These were things going through his head, while he once more left the path and headed straight into the jungle. He followed the sound of light footsteps and soon he saw an adorable little fellow. The mob he had in front of him seemed to be some kind of predator dinosaur, maybe some kind of raptor, but it couldn't be fully grown.
- it's not a dragonlizzard, but it looks so adorable and it should be able to help me fight. I hope it likes hot meatballs. - To not scare it, Hei went down to his knees and slowly moved forward, talking to it with a calm voice and trying to feed it. Once he was close enough for the small one to smell the food, it came closer and ate from his hands. "Oh, you're such a nice little one, aren't you?" he asked in the same way one would talk to a dog.
Picture:

Spoiler

c4rd4r7_UxNHlTQRCu.thumb.jpg.7a95360dee2c4e8607ebb7fa815df456.jpg

Spoiler

ID# 95099
Loot: 19+5 = 24 -> found and Tamed Enhanced Familiar
Accuracy Familiar

15/15

Edited by Hei

For a short moment Saphira was confused as Hei talked to her with an aggrassive tone. In the next moment he tried to excuse himself - It is okay, I kinda understand it. - As they were on their way again, Saphira begun to search again for some useful materials. She looked at the colorful flowers and strange plants, looking for something she could brew a potion of it. As Saphira walked a little bit further she saw some interesting leaves, she came closer and looked at the leaves. A group of little, light green leaves with white points, Saphira plucked them and put them into her inventory as she was sure she could mace a potion out of them. As she stood up und turned around she didn´t saw Hei, who should be right behind her. Unsettled she looked around, hoping that she just had overlooked him, but she wasn´t able to find him. - Hei? Were are you? - she asked and walked back on the path. As she heared a rustling she looked to her side, it sounded a little bit like someone was walking through the thicket. Careful and slowly she left the path and followed the sound, after a short moment she was able to hear Hei´s voice - It sounds like he is talking to someone or something. - She thought and stopped, she didn´t want to scare Hei. So she stood there, whaiting for a moment to come closer without scaring someone.

Spoiler

ID# 95200
Loot: 18+1=19--> found 1 T1 material

Edited by Saphira

The small raptor fledgling was standing in front of him, looking up with its unbelievable cute eyes and screeched a little bit, like it was answering his question. Hei was charmed by the small creature and so he continued talking to it, reaching for some more of the hot meatballs he had in his pocket. "Here you go, that's what you're waiting for, isn't" and even when it wasn't able to really reply to his question, the small one snatched at the piece of delicious meat and gulped it down in one bite. Hei's hand was really close to it, and when he continued taking and moving his had towards it, it was not retracting nor was it biting at it. The moment Hei touched it and the small one pressed against his hand was the one, he knew that this would be his companion for a long time. "You're such a nice little one, I should give you a name when you will accompany me. How about Huatli?"  The fledgling released a chirping sound and waddled towards him.

As it was really close to him, Hei reached with both hands and grabbed the small one, lifting it of the ground and placing it on his shoulder. The raptor began scratching him, so he released it and it jumped back to the ground and looked up at him. "Ok, i see you want to walk on your own legs. If that's your will, I wont change it." and he turned around and walked towards where he had left Saphira, the small one following right to his left. After just a few steps, Hei reached Saphira, who had been waiting and watching and he simply said "Look at this cute little thing I found. It'll accompany me on my future adventures." 

Saphira looked at Hei as he talked again to something little on the the ground she couldn´t see. After a moment he stood up, and again said something and turned to her. As he came closer and saw her, he smiled and said she should look at something cute he had found. Saphira looked at the ground and saw a little predator dinosaur. The little guy stood half behind Hei and looked up to her with big eyes up to her - He really looks cute, but do you know what kind of dinosaur it is? - curiously she looked at it. She walked back to the path - So, what do we do now? You found your familiar, do you want to go back? I am sure you want to go back, since you have found your familiar. - short she looked at the little dinosaur. She had never seen such a mob before and so she didn´t really know how to act now, she looked at the big, cute eyes - I am sure he will help you while fighting, if you train him enough. - She looked back to Hei waiting for an answer, if they would go soon or if they would stay a little bit longer.

Spoiler

ID# 95202
Loot: 4+1=5--> found nothing

Edited by Saphira

It seemed that Saphira loved the small raptor just as much as he did, even though she was not sure how to react to the small animal. When she asked him, if he knew what kind of dinosaur it was, Hei just shrugged his arms. "Nah, I don't know what kind of dinosaur it is, but it looks like a raptor to me. If you want to, we can go and search for one of its parents to have a look at how it will look if it becomes bigger." Hei wasn't really going to look for a big dino, as he wasn't sure how well a fight would go for Saphira, but he wouldn't let her know it. Instead he continued to talk to the small dino once more, trying to make it used to his voice. "Hey Huatli, come here. We will follow this path for a little while" and while he talked to the raptor, he hoped that Saphira would understand that she was meant just as much. Back on the path, he followed it further into the jungle, thereby answering her question if they were going back or continue the trip some more without even talking.

ID# 95332
Loot: 3+5 = 8 -> nothing found
T1 Total: 0

OOC Spoiler:

Spoiler

Saphira looked at Hei, as he talked again to something little on the the ground, she couldn´t see. After a moment he stood up, said and again said something and turned around to her. As he came closer and saw her, he smiled and said she should look at something cute he had found. Saphira looked at the ground and saw a little predatore  dinosaur. The little guy stood half behind Hei and looked up to her with big eyes - He really looks cute, but do you know what kind of dinosaur it is? - curiously she looked at it. She walked back to the path - So, what do we do now? You found your familiar, do you want to go back? I am sure you want to go back, since you have found your familiar. - short she looked at the little dinosaur. She had never seen such a mob before and so she didn´t really know how to act now, she looked at the big, cute eyes - I am sure he will help you while fighting, if you train him enough. - She looked back to Hei waiting for an answer, if they would go soon or if they would stay a little bit longer.

Edited by Hei

Saphira looked with big eyes at him as he told her that they could go searching for one of the parents of the little dinosaur then they would know how it would look if it was fully grown. - I am not sure if this is a good idea. - Hei begun to talk again to his new little friend. She looked around while Hei was talking, he told his little friend that they would follow the path for a little while and stood up again. Saphira followed him as he begun to walk with some distanceand looked around, trying to find again something she could use for her potions. She looked at the big leaves of the fern, the little flowers between the green fern frond and the few mushrooms on the trees or at the ground, but nothing seemed to be good in a potion, it was kinda frustrating. She listened for a short moment the loude birds in the tree tops, then she walked a little bit faster to catch up on Hei and the raptor again.

Spoiler

ID# 95518
LD: 6 + 1 = 7 --> nothing found
T1 total: 2

Edited by Saphira