[F2-PP] «Long Live The Queen» A painful sting

Kimi was traversing the mountainous terrain of the second floor in search of a rumored respawning Field Boss. As she finally neared the base of the mountain, off in the distance a settlement could be scene. "Finally a place to rest." She said in a sigh of relief. The settlement wasn't something outstanding, but it had what she needed so she went off to find a tavern. Despite being underwhelming, the settlement had plenty of markets, inns, and taverns. So it wasn't long before she found herself a place to stay at. As Kimi entered the closest tavern to her, she could see that many people around her were forming groups. "I should probably get myself a group too." She thought to herself as she sat down at a corner table. Though there are many people around her forming groups. Kimi wanted to lead a group herself so any invitation was met with a subtle rejection. She spent the next few minutes scanning the room for anyone that might seem to be alone, but nothing came up. As she stared at the entrance of the tavern daydreaming, a small blond girl walked in. "Ohh! A new person. Now's my chance to form a party." Kimi said to herself excitedly as she hurried over. 

"Hey there!" Kimi said to the girl. "I'm forming a party here to go to fight a field boss nearby. Wanna join me?" Kimi felt awkward being very forward, but she knew if she was timid nothing would get done. Kimi quickly followed up with "My name's Kimi by the way." Scratching her head and letting out a nervous laugh as she almost forgot to introduce herself.

@Krysta @Vigilon

Edited by Kimi

At this current rate, training trips had little value without something specific to do here and there. As Krysta walked throughout the settlement, she began wondering if there was another quest out there for her to take. There were plenty of quests yet to do, but she had to take her time, and become stronger just to be able to handle other quests. "Perhaps there will be someone who knows of a nearby quest around this settlement." She spotted an inn, and without hesitation, decided to enter. Upon walking in, she was greeted by a girl who asked her if she wanted to join a party she was forming to fight a field boss. "Um...sure, I guess..." She hoped this boss would be weak enough to not end up killing anyone. The girl then introduced herself as Kimi. "Nice to meet you, Kimi. I'm Krysta." Now she just had to wait for someone who can either deal or take more damage.

@Kimi @Vigilon

Vigilon was growing tired of the same old routine, but he felt that he would have to keep going if he was to get anywhere at all. Every once in a while he'd find a player or two willing to take on some shenanigan outside the safe zone, whether it be a typical trip, or even a quest. However, it seemed that most players he met either already had a Guild they were in, or disappeared before he had a chance to ask. "Maybe if I try following again, I might see what I am doing wrong... Although I'm likely to run into a player of a lower level than myself, it wouldn't hurt to try, or end up as someone else's 'big guns', so to speak..." He thought that maybe there would be something he could do, or players that could be found, within an inn. "Well, might as well give it a shot. It's not like I sleep at inns, though, I sleep on a random bench like a homeless guy...I really need to start my shop soon, I don't think I'm getting enough rest..." He found an inn, and saw someone he recognized upon entering. " 'Sup, Krysta? Up to anything in particular?"

@Kimi @Krysta

"Great we have one person now. Just need one more." Kimi thought. As soon as the two finished introducing themselves a voice rang out from behind Krysta " 'Sup, Krysta? Up to anything in particular?" Kimi didn't notice the guy walking up to them, but he seemed to know Krysta already. As he made his way forward Kimi didn't want to miss this opportunity to get someone else to join their group. "Uhh... Hi there care to join our cause?" Kimi uttered as a joke, but then fixed her tone. "I'm Kimi, It seems you already know Krysta. We're about to set out to hunt down a field boss that spawned nearby. Wanna join us?" Kimi said with a friendly smile and a happy-go-lucky tone. Kimi couldn't ask for a better situation with finding someone else so soon, and not only that but he already knew Krysta. 

@Krysta @Vigilon

Edited by Kimi

Krysta heard a familiar voice from behind. She turned to see Vigilon, and before Krysta could say anything, Kimi beat her to the question. She looked to Vigilon's shoulder, hoping to see Veriost there. Despite that the familiar was laid-back, there were definitely moments when the small dragon would have her own share of antics. She would be taking the quest for finding a familiar soon, as it seemed like a lively experience. "We could definitely use your help. Oh, um, by the way, any advice on how or where to find the quest where I can find a familiar? Last I heard, it took place on floor 1, and it was one of those quests that came to you, rather than you finding it." She was sure that Vigilon would not only accept the offer of taking on a field boss, but would also confirm for her on what she currently knew of the familiar quest, although it would be nice if it was possible to find the quest, rather than the quest finding her.

@Vigilon @Kimi

Vigilon was almost immediately greeted by a player who asked him if he would join her on a trip to slay a field boss. "Sure." Veriost woke up and saw Krysta. The small white frost dragon went over to Krysta, and started doing that thing cats do by brushing the head against the hand when they wanted to be stroked. "Seems Veriost has grown fond of you." Krysta then asked him about the quest <<Feeding The Enemy>>. "Well, actually, it happens on pretty much any floor, and yes, the quest comes to you, rather than you finding it. If you stumble upon the quest, just message me and I'll come right over to help. The best advice I can give you for the quest would be to make sure you're prepared for it. Have plenty of gear and/or consumables that might make your search easier." Now all that needed to happen was for the three to form a party, and they would be off.

@Kimi @Krysta

As the they finished talking about another quest Kimi spoke up "Well best you guys get yourselves ready along the way." As she gestured to start getting a move on. The weather was not so cloudy and they had a cool breeze accompanying it. It was a surprisingly nice day to get stuff done even though what they we're about to face would be a boss of sorts. Still though the enemy that they were to face wasn't anything too big. It still held the title of field boss and rumors had it set to be somewhat formidable, but that was all rumor. The trio had to see for sure what their enemy was capable of. Kimi glanced back at Vigilon and said "I've never actually seen a familiar before and yours is really cool. You said his name is Veriost? Did it take long to get him?" Kimi was trying to start small talk as they prepared to get going.

Krysta made a soft giggle when Veriost wanted her to pet her. "It seems so!" Krysta liked it when Veriost showed her cute side. While Vigilon explained what he knew about the familiar quest, Krysta was petting Veriost. "Thanks for the advice, I'm sure I'll need it." Kimi seemed to want to move on to seeking out and fighting the field boss. Krysta placed Veriost back on Vigilon's shoulder. Once the three had walked out, Krysta could see what a nice day it was, accompanied with a nice, gentle breeze. She decided to let that be a good omen, that the fight against the field boss would go smoothly, with no casualties. Kimi then asked how long it took Vigilon to find Veriost. Krysta noticed that she had said his and him when speaking of the familiar. The frost dragon was a she. Krysta decided to leave that part for Vigilon to deal with. "By the way, do you perhaps, know anything about this field boss?"

@Vigilon @Kimi

Veriost enjoyed the short time she got to be petted by Krysta. "You're welcome. I'd be happy to help, and it's the least I can do regarding that specific quest." Kimi then gestured for the two to get a move on, and Krysta returned Veriost to Vigilon's shoulder, where she promptly fell asleep, that is, until the coming fight would begin. It turned out to be a nice day, with a gentle breeze and all. Perfect day for...well, pretty much anything. Maybe Vigilon would take the rest of the day off and relax somewhere after the day's events were over. The question was, did nice days have access to all of Aincrad's floors(Obviously affected by what the floor itself is), or were they just to happen for that floor only? He would have to find out. Kimi commented on Vigilon's familiar, and asked if it took long to find...him? "Ah, ha ha... I actually made the same mistake once, and named Veriost when I didn't know...but Veriost here is actually a girl. I'd say she's frosty as snow, being a frost dragon and all, I guess, but she is laid-back, and a picky eater too. It took a bit to find her, but it is possible to have better or worse luck when finding a familiar..."

@Kimi @Krysta

The travel was taking a bit for the trio, but it wasn't something too tiresome. Taking in the gentle breeze and clean green scenery that lay upon them was a nice way to enjoy their subtle journey. As for Kimi more questions about Veriost popped up in her mind as they traversed the uneven ground. "Must be nice to have her around. I personally would like to get myself a familiar too, but i'm not sure where to start. The thought of having someone by your side always is very comforting, well at least for me." Kimi said to Vigilon trying to break the ice. Kimi then turned around, walked backwards for a bit, and asked Krysta. "Do you plan to get your own familiar? Just like his maybe?" While Kimi was busy starting a conversation the trio made some good distance especially since they left early. The sun was still high and the thick clouds started to dissipate as time went on. The trio was nearly there to the spawning point. As they neared Kimi tightened her wraps and stretched her arms. She knew that she doesn't necessarily need to stretch since its all virtual, but it was all a force of habit. 

@Vigilon@Krysta

Edited by Kimi

Krysta's question didn't get answered. Was it that nobody heard, or did neither of the two players have a clue as to what they were up against? Kimi said that she wanted a familiar as well, but was unsure of where to start. She also said that she considered the thought of someone always by your side to be very comforting. Krysta thought about that. Sure, a familiar would be a good start, but what about finding someone she can trust to always be at her side, especially when things get difficult? That was certainly a question that needed answering. Kimi then asked Krysta if she wanted a familiar too, possibly like Vigilon's. "I indeed plan to find a familiar. I don't know if I will happen across a frost dragon, but I would be fine with a familiar that I wouldn't see every day, especially in the real world. I guess a small dragon is a nice thought..." She then had a question for Vigilon. "Tell me, Vigilon, do you never feel alone with Veriost around?"

@Vigilon @Kimi

"It is nice having her around. Sure, we have our share of disagreements, but nobody's perfect. As for where to start, I'd say just prepare for it when possible. The quest may come at any time, whether you expect it or not, and it will come to you." The conversation was enough to make the trip seem quicker than it really was. He looked at his surroundings while Kimi asked Krysta a question. The area looked vaguely familiar. Familiar to the place where... "I think I remember that spot over there. There's this Wasp Queen that drops a damage-increasing poison. Took it on with a friend once. Turns out, there are multiple approaches to fight her without getting swarmed by her subjects." What Vigilon didn't know, was the fact that the area where the Wasp Queen would spawn was exactly where they were headed. Krysta then asked him a question. "Being a bit of an introvert, I can easily say that I never feel alone with Veriost around. However, there are times when I feel very...lonely."

@Kimi @Krysta

"Ohh you fought it before Vigilon? I know this might be much to ask, but could you lead the way please? You're much better equip than us and you've done this before. It only makes sense, but its alright if you don't want to." Kimi said after hearing what Vigilon had to said. With the small talk going on the trio were putting in good distance without noticing it. Kimi looked around a bit trying to get a good look at where they we're at the moment. She knew that the Wasp Queen was coming up at any moment. She really had a sixth sense about these things, but she didn't know how far until they run into her. Kimi just prepared by tightening her gloves and said to the other two. "I think we're coming up on the Wasp Queen, its best to prepare yourself now." Kimi looked at towards Krysta and said "Well after this when we make it out. Maybe I can assist with finding a familiar. I always enjoy helping and you two seems like a reliable bunch." Kimi always wanted to have more friend around her and while she was stuck in this death game. She had to solo more quests than she did as a party so a change was always welcome.

@Krysta @Vigilon

Edited by Kimi

(OOC: Kimi, I should tell you, if you are indeed interested in the Feeding the Enemy thread I plan to start, you might want to check out the link I left on my status update before you consider the thought further. However, the thread is about a ways away, so to speak, so I guess there's still plenty of time...)

Krysta listened to what Vigilon said. So even though he had a familiar that was by his side at all times, he still felt lonely every now and then? That was something Krysta didn't exactly understand at all, especially with the fact that he said he was introverted. Weren't introverts the kinds of people who enjoy being alone every once in a while? Or did he mean some other kind of loneliness? "Vigilon...what do you mean exactly by lonely? Do you not like it from time to time, or is it something else?" Vigilon also spoke of an area where the Wasp Queen would spawn, which was nearby...and they were headed in that direction now. Kimi then noticed that Vigilon had fought the beast before, and by the words she was using, Krysta found out that the field boss was the Wasp Queen. "Well, there's the answer to my question..." At least it wasn't a spider or anything...

@Vigilon @Kimi

Vigilon listened to Kimi, and it turns out the target mob was the Wasp Queen. Could have mentioned that before. Wasn't Kimi the party leader though? Sure, he could still be the first one to attack, but still. "Uhhh, aren't you the one leading this party? I can lead the attack, but..." Kimi then spoke of being willing to help Krysta find a familiar, that she liked helping others and that Vigilon and Krysta seemed like a reliable bunch. "Nice to know I can be considered reliable. Thanks." He was now leaning towards speaking of his future Guild at this moment, but he felt it would be best to speak of it after the battle. Krysta then asked him something something that dove deep down, and scratched the surface of personal. "Well.....um.....I...." He felt that he was going into some kind of detatchment, though that would probably be how it was if he was recalling an embarrassing moment or something of the like, but that wasn't the case. Veriost looked at Vigilon, then grinned a little. Question was, why was she grinning?

@Kimi @Krysta

While the trio was nonchalantly talking and making their way to the field boss. Kimi could see that off in the distance the road ended and they have finally arrived. "We've made it." Kimi said delightedly as she looked over her shoulder towards the duo with a smile. The road, or rather path, they were taking has finally come to an end and Kimi placed her hand on a nearby tree to rest. "Well now that we're here. This will probably be the last time to prepare. If you have any consumables or if you need to check your equipment now is the best time." Kimi looked towards the Wasp Queens spawn area and saw it was a clear path ahead. "I've heard that once we enter the field the Wasp Queen will come out so lets stay here until we know we're ready. As for the plan for attack, I can open up and just back me up. My armor should keep most of the damage off me." 

@Krysta @Vigilon

It seemed that Krysta hit a nerve or something, whatever the term was, since Vigilon, unlike usual, seemed to be avoiding Krysta's question. Either that or he couldn't find the right words to say. Veriost looked at Vigilon and grinned, although the reason why was unknown. Kimi said that the three had reached their destination, and that they can check their equipment if they needed to. Krysta had a handful of potions, but she wasn't sure if she would be needing them. Vigilon had explained his stats once, and it was by that earlier event that she believed this wouldn't be much of a problem. At least, it shouldn't. "I have a handful of potions, but I'm not sure whether we will need them or not. Perhaps we can explain our stats to see where we are towards the likelihood of defeating this boss. I have a base damage of four, and I have eighteen mitigation."

@Vigilon @Kimi

It wouldn't be long at this point. It seemed that Krysta realized she was digging a little too deep, and dropped the question. "Whew! That was a close one!" Vigilon heard Kimi say that they've made it to the area, then proceeded to suggest that they check their equipment and consumables just in case. Krysta said that she had a handful of potions, but she wasn't sure whether or not they were needed. She also explained her base damage and her current mitigation. This boss was surprisingly nothing in comparison, especially to the trio ready to face her. He didn't have any current way of getting the queen to spawn without some extra dangers following her towards any players who got too close. "Yeah, I'm not sure we will be needing those, to be honest. This boss's HP is...I'm estimating 50, which isn't very much." Vigilon felt that he was ready. To make sure that the others don't take too much damage or anything, not that it wold be a problem, he decided to get the queen to spawn, and make the first move. He began walking forward, and began with trying to draw her near once he spotted the giant wasp. "Hey! You! Remember me? I'm Baaaack! You ready for some more?" The wasp queen didn't exactly recognize Vigilon, but was definitely upset with this sudden interruption of her business. She buzzed toward Vigilon, two others along with her. "Should have expected that. Oh well, here goes..." Vigilon attempted to attack with Vertical Square, but during his attempt, he tripped and fell on his face, the wasps missing him as well due to the fact that they didn't expect him to fall to the ground. However, the last of them was indeed struck with the attack, and Vigilon thought he saw it's HP drop to red. "Now that was a TERRIBLE first impression...but at least I got that one wasp pretty good."

@Kimi @Krysta

Vigilon's stats and equipment:

Spoiler

HP: 280

Energy: 33(Base 28, +5 due to Energist)

Damage: 6(White blade[+2], Veriost[+1], One handed straight sword Rank 2[+2])

Mitigation: 9(Sunset's Light)

Evasion: 1(Sunset's Light)

Accuracy: 1(Karri's Fang)

Recovery: 2(Sunset's Light, Karri's Fang)

Bleed: 1(White Blade)

White Blade(2 DMG, 1 Bleed)

Sunset's Light(1 Mit., 1 EVA., 1 Recovery)

Karri's Fang(1 ACC., 1 Recovery, 1 LD)

ID# 92467 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

ID# 94499 BD: 2+1=3(Miss)

ID# 94500 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

ID# 92468 Mob: 2-1=1(Miss)

ID# 92469 Mob: 5-1=4(Miss)

ID# 92470 Mob: 4-1=3(Miss)

Vertical Square- 8x4=32

[0-0-2]Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 25/33

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: HP 50/50, 20 DMG

Queen's Guard 1: HP 40/40, 12 DMG

Queen's Guard 2: HP 8/40, 12 DMG, Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon
Forgot to spread my AoE attack

Kimi didn't expect for Vigilon to miss his attack, but at least it was the same for his our enemies. The way the wasps missed took the words right out of Kimis mouth. Regardless she knew she had to come in to help as soon as she could. She wanted to get a good hit in the fight as soon as possible. "Crescent Moon" Kimi muttered under her breath as velvet energy twisted around her legs. Kimi ran up and performed a flip attempting to sweep kick at the wasps. Kimi successfully hit the Wasp Queen and one of her minions. During that confrontation, the Wasp Queen was more of Kimis focus and took on the brunt of the attack while just following through to hit the others. She couldn't come out of her attack unscathed though as one of the wasps connected attack towards the end of her move. 

@Krysta @Vigilon

Crescent Moon x3 AOE

ID# 92656 BD: 9+1=10 (Crit 1) Mob: 3 (Miss

ID# 92655 BD: 3+1=4 (Miss) Mob: 6 (Hit)

ID# 92654 BD: 5+1=6 (Hit) Mob: 2 (Miss)

(OOC: Was busy getting ready for the holiday, I'll be able to continue from here on out.)

Kimi: HP 160/160, EP 10/16 

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: HP 23/50, 20 DMG -27

Queen's Guard 1: HP 16/40, 12 DMG -24

Queen's Guard 2: HP 40/40, 12 DMG

Edited by Kimi
  • 5 weeks later...

Vigilon seemed to be relieved when the question was dropped. Which was actually alright, she was just a little curious, but shouldn't have pried like that. Soon, Vigilon spotted the enemy and rushed straight into battle. He tripped, but at least he made sure the third enemy wouldn't be a problem. Should she just target the weakened one, or try her hand on one of the others? She didn't have any Area of Effect Sword Arts, just a stun Art and A Simple Sword art that strikes the foe twice. She unsheathed her weapon, rushed for the weakened foe, and used the Sword Art Rip Ravine to strike the monster twice at what she believed to be the weak point. The Wasp fell to the ground and shattered. "Whew, that's one down. Two to go! Hopefully none of the other wasps care about what's going on, or we'd be swarmed and overwhelmed!"

@Vigilon @Kimi

ID# 94509 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

Rip Ravine: 6x2=12

[0-0]Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 25/33

[2-1]Kimi: HP 160/160, EP 10/16 

[0-0]Krysta: HP 120/120, EP 10/12 | 4 Base DMG | 18 Mit.

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: HP 23/50, 20 DMG

Queen's Guard 1: HP 16/40, 12 DMG

Queen's Guard 2: HP 0/40, 12 DMG

Edited by Krysta