[F2-PP] «Long Live The Queen» A painful sting

After Vigilon's stumbling issue, Kimi made a successful attack on the enemies he'd missed. Then Krysta rushed in with Rip Ravine and finished off the one Vigilon weakened. Now there was just The Wasp Queen and the first of her minions. Should he try using Vertical Square again and try to finish off the enemies, or should he go for one of them? So far, everyone had pitched in, and just anyone could finish if they wanted to, so the question was, should he attack with his Area of Effect Sword Art, or should he target the minion only? Just anything might work at this rate. He still had a chance of missing either...so why not just go with it? He readied his weapon, and rushed in to attack with Vertical Square. He missed again. "Now this is just ridiculous!" He would be accomplishing nothing at this current rate. He'd have to let the others finish this, assuming they could take on the enemy.

@Kimi @Krysta

(OOC: The reason the Wasp queen still took damage was because her target was Kimi, and she had thorns.)

ID# 94545 BD: 4+1=5(Miss), Mob: 6(Hit)

ID# 94547 BD: 4+1=5(Miss), Mob: 3(Miss)

Vertical Square-Failed!

[0-0]Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 18/33

[2-1]Kimi: HP 158/160, EP 10/16 

[0-0]Krysta: HP 120/120, EP 10/12 | 4 Base DMG | 18 Mit.

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: HP 16/50, 20 DMG

Queen's Guard 1: HP 16/40, 12 DMG

Queen's Guard 2: HP 0/40, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

After witnessing Krysta wipe away one of the Wasp Queens guards a bit of excitement welled up inside Kimi. After that travel they made it to the queen and even made good progress with fighting the Wasp Queen and its guards. Kimi watched as Vigilon attempted to attack again, but ultimately missed. "This is starting to look bad. Let me see if i can make up for it." Kimi thought to herself as she gathered up energy for her Sword Art. She muttered under her breath "Crescent Moon" and quickly let out a swift let kick striking only the queen. Kimi smirked at the fact she missed the wasp guard, but at least the Queen was dead now. "The Wasp Queen is down. All that's left is the guard." Kimi said out loud full of confidence. Kimi thought that this went by fairly easily and despite this being her first boss, it wasn't too bad. 

@Vigilon @Krysta

Crescent Moon AoE x3

Wasp Queen - ID#94665   BD: 8 Hit

Queen's Guard 1 -  ID#94664 BD: 1 Miss    

[0-0]Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 18/33

[2-1]Kimi: HP 158/160, EP 5/16 | 7 Base DMG | 18 Mit | 7 thorns 

[0-0]Krysta: HP 120/120, EP 10/12 | 4 Base DMG | 18 Mit.

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: HP 0/50, 20 DMG -21HP

Queen's Guard 2: HP 0/40, 12 DMG

Edited by Kimi

Vigilon tried to attack the enemy, but ultimately missed again. However, Kimi was able to take out the Wasp Queen. Now, there was only one foe left. One of the Queen's Guards. Krysta only hoped she could at least be able to hit it. This might end up being some good practice for later on. She rushed towards the last remaining foe and attempted to use Rip Ravine. It wasn't like she didn't try, but the monster managed to move out of the way of Krysta's blade. Hopefully, Vigilon and Kimi could finish it off. "Clearly, I still have far to go... At some point, I should be able to do more...maybe even avenge Leif..." Just because she failed with one attack, didn't mean she was the weak link in this battle. Besides, she had already finished off one of the other enemies, not only that, but Vigilon had missed more times than she did.

@Vigilon @Kimi

ID# 94747 BD: 4(Miss)

[0-0]Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 18/33

[2-1]Kimi: HP 158/160, EP 5/16 | 7 Base DMG | 18 Mit | 7 thorns 

[0-0]Krysta: HP 120/120, EP 8/12 | 4 Base DMG | 18 Mit.

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: HP 0/50, 20 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Kimi managed to take out the Wasp Queen. "Nice one." Krysta rushed in with Rip Ravine again, but the oversized wasp managed to evade the attack. "Now, it's either up to me, or Kimi. However, if we're all going to get one kill each, it's gonna be me!" He rushed in to attack with Snake Bite, and successfully hit the wasp three times, finishing it off. "Whew...You know, while we're still here, perhaps one of us could try looking to see if there's a chest around here? If we do, who knows, we might stumble upon a 'regal' treasure...other than the matriarch's stinger." Now that he thought about it, this fight was actually a lot easier that he first thought it would be. Granted, he'd missed maybe 76.6% of the time, but he did manage to play his part. Perhaps a good haul from a chest would make this all better.

@Kimi @Krysta

ID# 94751 BD: 5+1=6(Hit), CD: 10(Recovered 2 Energy), Mob: 7(Hit)

Snake Bite- 6x3=18

Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 18/33

Kimi: HP 158/160, EP 5/16 | 7 Base DMG | 18 Mit | 7 thorns 

Krysta: HP 120/120, EP 8/12 | 4 Base DMG | 18 Mit.

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: HP 0/50, 20 DMG

Queen's Guard 1: HP 0/40, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Kimi watched as Vigilon finished off the last remaining enemy. "Nice one! That's one for each of us. Glad to see you pull through." Kimi said towards Vigilon as she did a stretch. "That was a lot easier than i thought it would be, i'm glad we all pulled through it." Kimi had a big smile on her face, this was the first boss she had to deal with so a massive weight was lifted off her chest. She knew that many more were to come, but this was a really good first experience. Kimi looked around for a bit to see if there were anything else that they might've missed, with what Vigilon saying about a chest Kimi could only hope to find one. After some time spent looking around Kimi found a treasure inside a bush nearby. "Guy! Look what I found!." She yelled to them calling them over. Kimi waited for them to come to see it and then said. "You guys can go ahead and open it for me. It was exciting enough just to find one when other people knew about this place."

OOC: Really didn't think id find a treasure :o

ID# 94755 results:

Loot: 20

Chest found!

@Vigilon @Krysta

Krysta watched as Vigilon rushed in to finish off the last of the enemy. "Whew, glad that's over..." Vigilon then suggested that the three look for a chest. Kimi looked around and spotted one concealed in a bush. She then asked that either Krysta or Vigilon open it. Krysta approached the chest, and hesitated before bringing her hand near it. She brought her hand close to it, just to see...the lid opening itself!? Krysta jumped back just before the lid could close on her hand. The lock opened up, and turned out to be an eye. The lid opened up again, revealing sharp teeth. Four legs sprouted from the chest, er-, no, mimic, and the creature uttered what was a mix between wood creaking and a monster's cry. "Aahh!" The creature advanced, but tripped over. Krysta looked at Kimi and Vigilon. "D-don't worry about me! If I can handle this issue myself, I might still be able to get something!"

@Vigilon @Kimi

(OOC: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!)

ID# 94788 LD: 2(Mimic Spawns!)

ID# 94791 Mob: 1(Critical fail)

Krysta: HP 120/120, EP 9/12 | 4 Base DMG | 18 Mit.

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 60/60, 18 DMG

Edited by Krysta
  • 3 weeks later...

Kimi was happy that the fight was over. She agreed to searching for a chest, and spotted one concealed by a bush. It would be well-hidden to the inattentive, that's for sure. Kimi asked if Vigilon or Krysta open it, but before he could volunteer, Krysta walked over to the chest. She reached her hand out to it, and...it opened itself!?!? "Krysta! Look out!" She managed to get out of harm's way before the mimic tried to bite her hand off. It grew it's legs, opened it's eye, and bared it's teeth. Vigilon pulled out his sword. Krysta asked that he and Kimi don't worry about this. Vigilon looked at the time, and it turned out they had to head over to the safe zone as soon as possible before the sun went down, which may lead to certain problems if they weren't careful. "I'm sorry, Krysta, but I don't think any of us have time for that thing! We need to get out of here before the sun goes down!"

@Kimi @Krysta

"I'm with Vigilon on this one lets just bail!" Kimi said as she already prepared to get away from the mimic. Quickly lets get away before we drag this on any longer. I don't feel like sticking around for another wasp to spawn. Kimi started making her way out trying to get Krysta to come with before the mimic could get any of them. As Kimi gestured for them to leave before some wasps would probably spawn. The mimic ran up to her and bit her on the leg. "Ahh! What the heck?!" Kimi yelled a bit at the mimic while she started making her way out. "Here you two try making it out, i think it'll take a bit for me to shake of this little evil box." Kimi said to Vigilon and Krysta. Kimi glared at the mimic that was still holding on to her leg preventing her from leaving. 

Kimi: HP 159/160, EP 10/16 | 7 Base DMG | 18 Mit | 7 thorns -1HP

Mimic: HP 53/60, 18 DMG -7HP throns

ID# 95583 results: Fail gets hit

Loot: 3

MOB: 8

@Krysta@Vigilon

Krysta noticed how the other two players suggested that they flee instead. Kimi began her attempt, but the mimic ran up to her and bit her on the leg. Under normal circumstances, she would have tried to fight the creature anyway, so that it wouldn't be around to bother anyone else who would come in this area, but there were indeed some valid points on why they should leave instead. "As much as I want to vanquish this creature, I guess I'll have to come back to it later..." She began to turn tail, hoping the Mimic wouldn't spot her trying to get away... Krysta looked back at the situation, and noticed that the mimic seemed too distracted to notice that Krysta was getting away. Hopefully, Vigilon would get away as well, and Kimi would be able to outrun the deceitful chest with teeth. The area where they encountered the Wasp Queen began to be farther and farther away from her, as she hoped the others would be able to escape, and regroup before returning to the safe zone.

@Vigilon @Kimi

ID# 95873 LD: 15(Successfully fled from combat)

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon was sure he would be able to escape. The mimic managed to get Kimi, but she was probably alright. For now, he would follow Krysta and try to get far enough away so that the monster wouldn't be able to catch up and bite his leg too. He tripped over a root, but he was able to get back up again. He looked back to see he hadn't managed to flee from the scene. He looked ahead and noticed that Krysta wasn't in sight, so she must have gotten away. Hopefully, Kimi would manage to get away from the creature, and the three players would be able to proceed and return to the safe zone. He began to wonder, how long has it been since he fled from combat for the first time in the game? He did recall that he was fleeing from a boar, back on floor 1, when he was in no condition to be fighting alone.

ID# 95906 LD: 10(Partial success)

@Kimi

Edited by Vigilon

Kimi watched as Krysta managed to get away, "At least one of us managed to escape this monster." Kimi uttered to herself trying to shake up the mimic. In truth she was glad that Krysta got away because Kimi felt she needed to stay behind to distract the mimic since she  was the higher level amongst the two. As Krysta made her escape so did Vigilon, but he didn't make it far due to tripping. Soon the mimics grip on Kimi's leg became loose and she attempted to run away, but it seemed that the monster wouldn't let that happen. The mimic followed behind Kimi tackling her, but dealing no damage only slowing her down. "Persistent one aren't you?" She said a bit frustrated. Kimi was hoping she would at least get far enough from the queen spawn area so that she doesn't attract unneeded attention to herself while kept the mimic busy. 

ID# 95912 results: Running away: Fail
LD: 6
MD: 2 miss

@Krysta

Krysta looked back, and realized she was currently alone. She looked around her, hoping that nothing would be lurking nearby. Sure enough, she really was alone at this moment. "I sure hope they're okay..." She didn't want the mimic to pursue them, and hoped they would be able to make it out. She decided to stay put where she was, so that when the others got away, they could find her easily, and make it back to the safe zone without worry. She began to wonder, why would a mimic hide in a place where it would be concealed, rather than where anyone might find it? She guessed that it preferred to prey on the attentive. She sat down, wondering when the others would arrive. The mimic may have made a sudden appearance and all, but Krysta was certain that it couldn't possibly be capable of killing either of them.

@Vigilon

Vigilon was ready to start running again. Maybe if he watched where he stepped, and sprinted as well, he'd be able to get out of the situation quickly. "No taking any breathers, we can't be here all evening." He got into position as to propel himself forward, and he sped off with all due haste. He didn't care if the wind blew in his face, or blew leaves in his face. Heck, if it was just the wind, it might actually feel refreshing. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him, and when he looked back for a second, the area where the wasp queen would spawn was starting to disappear from sight. He'd managed to get away. He slowed down, although too fast since he fell on his face, though his chest hit the ground first. He got up slowly, and started walking forward, hoping to find Krysta. Soon, he found her sitting down on the ground, all alone. "Kimi should be here soon. Hopefully."

ID# 96006 LD: 20(Successfully escaped combat)

@Kimi

Edited by Vigilon

Kimi watched as Vigilon finally got away, "Good now its just me left. I hope i don't keep them waiting." Kimi hated seeing herself as a burden so now that she was alone she could focus more on trying to escape. As she picked herself up from the previous tackle and the mimic followed suit. As she got up the mimic quickly rushed to tackle her to the ground once more, but completely missed. After seeing this a voice screamed in her head, "Now's your chance!" and Kimi bolted away towards the side of the forest in which the group first entered. The mimic managed to pick itself right up and follow at a decent pace so Kimi wasn't out of sight just yet. Kimi felt that it would only be a little longer until she could leave. Kimi ran through bushes and other shrubbery that might slow down the mimic, but nothing was working.

ID#96013: Partial success
LD: 10+1= 11

(OOC: So so Sorry i got bad luck :c) 

@Krysta

Krysta was waiting for the others to arrive. She was hoping nothing bad had happened to them. She soon noticed Vigilon arrive, but Kimi wasn't close by. She was going to ask where Kimi was, then Vigilon said that Kimi should hopefully arrive soon. "I sure do hope so, I don't want to feel like a coward who left her ally to die." It was true, she didn't want to feel like anything bad that happened was because of her. Being one who hated injustice, and the suffering of others, she didn't like the idea of unintentionally causing it. She got up and asked, "So then...what should we do in the meantime?" One thought would be to gather materials, another idea would be to chat or something. She wondered if Kimi was going to be okay, and if she would be able to get away from the mimic that had hidden itself prior to the situation.

@Vigilon

Vigilon heard Krysta say that she hoped so, and didn't want to feel like a coward by leaving a friend behind to possibly die. "Yeah, me too. A mistake that brings harm to innocent people, or people you know, can really lead to having a bad taste in the mouth. Or worse, on occasion, regarding some people." He saw her point in this. The girl seemed to be a justified soul, very kind and chivalrous. She had an adventurous spirit, and was willing to clear out the darkness and chaos whenever it was around and she could be the one to take care of it. Definitely heroic material and potential, perfect for a first ally within the future Guild, the Rising Dragons. Krysta asked Vigilon what they should do in the meantime as they wait for Kimi. "Well, we always have more need of materials, I guess." He spotted a chunk of ore hidden with the bushes. Must have been one of the brownish metals, since the ore looked similar in color with the wood of the bush.

ID# 96124 LD: 14+1=15(+1 T1 Mat)

@Krysta @Kimi

Edited by Vigilon

Kimi was struggling to get away from the mimic, but as it neared her she kicked it away. "Can you not?!" She said furiously. "Unlike you, I actually have places to be." She said more angrily. As she said that Kimi bolted away from the mimic, luckily for her it seemed that she kicked some sense into that mimic and it was hesitant to follow. As she ran further and further away losing sight of the field she saw her party members just ahead of her. Kimi waved very obnoxiously and she panted. "H-h-hey guys. Sorry to keep you waiting." She said catching her breath. "Anyways lets get going back now? I don't wanna travel when its dark." Kimi said as she took the lead towards the Safe Zone. Getting back to the safe zone was quicker than finding the field boss because they already knew their way back.

ID# 96165 results: got away

LD: 20

Quest Summary

Kimi: 

1. <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.
  2. 4 SP
  3. 133 Col

Vigilon:

1. <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.
  2. SP
  3. 1 T1 Mat
  4. 133 Col

Krysta:

2. 4 SP 
  3. 134 Col