[F2][PP] Killing a big bad bee <<Long Live The Queen>> (Saphira and Hei)

She had already seen his HP bar, still she had asked him - I know, I see it. - she mumbled - Still...it is something like a habit, to ask someone if he was alright. - - Cause nobody asked me, and it was an annoying feeling, and I don´t want someone to feel the same.-

After she had cleared her mind she sat down on the ground and listened to the wind. - I hope I will be able to hit the wasp queen more often than her minions, otherwise I am no help, just a burden to Hei. -  She watched a little, white cloud on the blue sky. It felt good to have a seat after the fight, even if she wasn´t really fighting. She was running around all the time, trying to hit the wasps, at least she managed it to kill at least on wasp. She had to become stronger, much stronger and maybe someday she would be able to fight against some mobs like these alone.

2/3 till full energy

Edited by Saphira
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saphira told him, that she knew about the hp bar, and that it was more of a habit to ask, even though one knew that the other wasn't really hurt or anything. Hei understood. Most of the things he had learned had included this. One always asked how the others felt, but you never really listened to the answers, so Hei was not a big friend of this. On the other hand it could be, that Saphira was actually worried about him, and that she really would like to know. "Okay, I understand that, but you have to know I had more than enough of this asking out of habit in my real life, so I don't want to have it here. If I ever should have problems I'll tell you, but until then, it's enough to have a look at my HP, especially if it's about something fighting related."
Hei was still lying on the grass, watching the sky, when he saw that his energy bar had filled up again, he didn't know about Saphira, but he was ready to battle the boss now, so he had to get active again. These short breaks always killed his spirits, so he had to do something before he could start a fight, and he knew what was the right thing.
So he jumped to his feet, his spear in hand and started jogging around, still close enough to protect Saphira in case of more wasps appearing. He was running around trees and while he was getting fit again, he had his eyes open in case of anything of interest being close by. But it seemed the fields close to the street were gathered empty by all the players who got here regularly. When he returned he stood above Saphira, and offered her a hand once again "Are you ready for this?"

ID# 95709
LD: 5 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei
  • 2 weeks later...

- I will try to stop asking about it while and after fights - She said with quiet voice and looked up to Hei. Asking for things out of an habit really is annoying, but she really cared about the people around her.
After a moment she layed down and closed her eyes. She listened to the wind and as she heared Hei, who stood up again she opened her eyes. It seemed like he was kinda nervous, he walked around with his spear in the hands and a careful look on their environment. He looked like he was ready for the fight against the queen and full of energy, but he stayed all the time close enough to Saphira - Am I really that weak? Or is he just a really careful person? - She wasn´t sure, what she should think about this as he came closer and reached out his hand for her.She looked at her energy bar before she took his hand and stood up - Yeah, I think I am ready for this.  - she responded to his question and looked around - We should finish this quest soon. - She made her way over the open field, after some time she looked back, to see if Hei followed her, she doesn´t really want to start again a fight without help.
- There she is - she said and looked at the big wasp, which had spawned in some distance - Ready when you are. -

Hei: 500/500 HP | 50/50 EN | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | Hate:
Wasp Queen: 50/50 HP
Saphira: 140/140 HP | 14/14 EN | MIT: 3 | EVA: 1 | Hate:

Spoiler

Wasp Queen:

HP: 50
Damage per Attack: 20

Hei had looked for some useful materials while still staying close enough to help Saphira in case of anything dangerous happening, but it seemed him being so careful wasn't needed. No mobs respawned and Saphira recharged her energy before Hei came back to her, helping her up. She told him that she was ready and after they walked to where the boss should be, it didn't took long for them to find the giant wasp queen. Saphira seemed ready even when she stayed with him this time, and once they had seen the boss, she told him she was ready and he should start the fight, and so he tightened the grip on his spear, his eyes narrowed and after telling Saphira "Nice. Then we will end this quest now. Follow me into the fight" he accelerated his steps, now nearly running at the boss.
When he came closer to the monster, Hei began charging one of his swordskills and his spear began glowing in a light turquoise colour as it's power grew. When he was close enough for the spear to connect with the boss, he released Soul Pierce and a single strong stabbing motion of his spear the bosses HP dropped into the red.
"Wow, I thought it would be stronger. So now it's your turn to shine. SWITCH!" Hei yelled over his shoulder, reducing his speed so Saphira would be able to switch in and end the fight.

ID# 96407
Battle: 6 -> hit -> 9*5 = 45 DMG -> 5/50 HP

Hei: 500/500 HP | 45/50 EN | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | Hate: 1
Wasp Queen: 5/50 HP | 20 DMG
Saphira: 140/140 HP | 14/14 EN | MIT: 3 | EVA: 1 | Hate:

Edited by Hei

She looked at Hei as he told her that she should follow him into the fight and start to run at the wasp queen. She saw that Hei hit the wasp with his spear and nearly killed it, there was just a little red part left in the HP bar. She looked at the big wasp, she felt the cold dagger in her hand and was ready to help Hei. Her dagger slowly started to glow in a blue light as Hei turned to her and yelled that it was her turn now followed by a loud "switch", for a short moment she had to smile, but it was gone as fast as it came. She took a deep breath, now there was no room for failour, this time she had to hit the wasp, she didn´t want to look like a little incapable girl, she wanted to show that she was able to fight. As she ran at the wasp she tried to release Tri Pierce, but before she was able to hit the wasp she tried to hit Hei and Saphiras dagger only hit the air  - Damn it. - She said and looked at the wasp which had missed Hei - At least something... -

Spoiler

Wasp Queen
ID# 96908 ; MD: 3 --> missed Hei

Saphira
ID# 96909 ; BD: 3 --> missed Wasp Queen

Saphira: 140/140 HP | 12/14 EN | MIT: 3 | EVA: 1 | Hate:

Edited by Saphira

Once he had attacked the boss monster he had switched with Saphira, allowing her to land the final blow, but she had missed the wasp, as it had moves quicker than both he hand her had thought. The wasp had tried to hit him with its poisonous stinger and Hei had had to jump away from it to not get hit. He knew that Saphira probably was thinking that she wasn't able to help him, but he would let her deal the final blow non the less. He wouldn't have to worry about the monsters attacks, as even if it would be able to hit him, it wouldn't do to much. So he started whirling his spear in front of the wasp to make it even angrier and attack him once more, so Saphira could attack it from behind. "Don't worry Saphira, you couldn't have known how quick it moves, just try to learn from what you see and hit it this time."

Saphira: 140/140 HP | 12/14 EN | MIT: 3 | EVA: 1 | Hate:

Spoiler

She looked at Hei as he told her that she should follow him into the fight and start to run at the wasp queen. She saw that Hei hit the wasp with his spear and nearly killed it nearly, there was just on a little red part left in the HP bar. She looked at the big wasp, she felt the cold dagger in her hand and was ready to help Hei. Her dagger slowly started begun slowly to glow in a blue light as Hei turned to her and yelled that it was her turn now followed from by a loud "switch", for a short moment she had to smile, but it was gone as fast as it came. She took a deep breath, now there was no room for a failure, this time she had to hit the wasp, she didn´t want to look like an little unable incapable girl, she wanted to show that she was able to fight. As she runned ran at the wasp she tryied to release Tri Pierce, but before she was able to hit the wasp she tryied to hit Hei and Saphiras dagger only hit the air  - Damn it. - She said and looked at the wasp which had missed Hei - At least something... -

• 2 weeks later...

Saphira made a step backwards and looked at the wasp, which had made an angry noise as she had missed Hei. She followed the big insect with her eyes, looking for a weak point and whaiting for a good moment for her to attack the big wasp. This time she had to hit it, she wanted to finish this mob and the quest. Saphira looked at Hei and wasn´t sure what she should think of what he was doing. Hei was running around in circles and curves, trying to keep the attention of the wasp on him. Step for step she sneaked up onto the boss wasp from behind and the blue light around her dagger appeared again as she triggerd the swordart Tri Pierce. - This can´t be true! - as Saphira tryed to hit the big wasp the insect flew a little bit closer to Hei and tried to hit him again. Saphira saw the blade close at the wasp but not close enough. As something like a excange she saw the wasp hitting the ground.

Spoiler

Wasp Queen:
ID# 98110 ; MD: 1 --> critical fail

Saphira:
ID# 98111 ; BD: 5 --> fail

Saphira: 140/140 HP | 11/14 EN | MIT: 3 | EVA: 1 | Hate:

Edited by Saphira

Saphira took his advice without saying anything, and when the wasp had turned to Hei, she had started sneaking up on it. Her dagger began to glow in a light blue and she had still waited for a good moment. Her attack had been better than the last one, but still the wasp had been able to evade it when it attacked Hei. Hei simply jumped out of the way and the big wasp hit the ground with its stinger. - This is Saphira's chance, the wasp is immobilized by it's own attack. I hope she hits it this time. It can't be good for ones self esteem if one never actually hits -  Hei thought and did not attack again. He hoped for Saphira to be successful and so he simply said "Here you go. I will hold it of until you kill it. And don't forget to use the chance of the moment."

Saphira: 140/140 HP | 11/14 EN | MIT: 3 | EVA: 1 | Hate: 0

It was frustrating, it just looked so easy when Hei did it, was it just because he was on a higher level than her? She didn´t get it. Everytime ther were only a few centimeters left between her dagger and the mobs, but ther was nearly never a hit, why wasn´t she able to hit this dumb insects? She looked at the wasp on the ground and start to feel empty inside - Why doesn´t he kill it? I am sure he wants to kill the wasp, so why does he just run around? It seems like he really want to give me a chance to kill it... - Her dagger start to glow again - I should take the chance, I can´t fail all the time, at least on of my attacs shoul find the target. - with her glowing dagger in her hands she came fast closer to the wasp, jumped and tried to hit it again. She was sure, that she woud hit the wasp this time, but as the dagger was just a few centimeters from the body of the wasp away, the insect tried to flew away and Saphira hit the ground with her dagger. Because of the jump-attack and the move from the wasp she hit the ground too - Why...? I was so close... -

Spoiler

Wasp Queen
ID# 98776 ; MD: 4 - 3 ---> fail

Saphira
ID# 98777 ; BD: 5 ---> fail

Saphira: 140/140 HP | 10/14 EN | MIT: 3 | EVA: 1 | Hate: 0

Edited by Saphira
  • 2 weeks later...

Hei had waited for Saphira to kill the giant wasp, but she had once more not been lucky, as the wasp had sidestepped her jumping attack, and both her and the wasp did not land any attack, but he saw, how Saphira hit the ground and had this blank stare in her eyes, people got shortly before they lost themselves. - It's not good to let her suffer like that, but what can I do? If I kill the wasp, the fight will be over, but she wasn't able to end it, but if she misses another time, I am sure she will feel very bad about it as well - and so he was debating with himself what to do. Finally he decided that it was better to kill the wasp himself and sooth her afterwards, so he tightened the grip around his spear and with anger in his eyes he charged at the big insect. The first stab he tried was blocked by the monster, as it used it's stinger to parry, he realized that it was silly to not use a swordskill to attack, but it was to late. So close to it, he wouldn't have time to charge one, and so he swung the spear around, trying to land a hit onto the wasp, but it managed to fly back far enough, so the momentum of his own attack made him turn around his axis and fall to the ground, losing his spear that landed next to him. "God damn!" was all he managed to get out before the wasp once more tried to attack him.

ID# 99088
Battle: 1 -> crit fail

Edited by Hei

Emty, useless, the words who discribed her feeligs the best. Saphira was still on the ground as she saw Hei, it seemed to her like he was debating with himselfe. Saphira herself wasn´t sure, what the better choice would be, she wasn´t able to hit or even kill the wasp, so why was he running around all the time? But as she saw that Hei start to attack the wasp, she freezed for a moment, was this the better way for her? None of these ways would let her feel better, but who would care about her feelings? She was just a useless, little girl who wasn´t able to do anything. - I think it will be good for me and other players, if I would stop asking someone to help me, I am just in theire way... - As she heared something falling on the ground she looked up - Did he killed the wasp? - but ther wasn´t a Hei with his speer in the ground and pixels around him - He missed the wasp...? Is ther still a chance for me to kill it...? - slowly she stood up and aimed at the wasp. Her dagger begun to glow again and she start running around her until she reached her backside. Short she closed her eyes and took a deep breath - This is my last chance, please. This time I have to hit the wasp, please, onliy this time -
Saphira opened her eyes again and start to sneak up onto the wasp, the light around her dagger begunto glow brighter as in the attack before. As she reached the was she waited a short moment before she slashed with her dagger after the insect. As the wasp made a move forward she closed her eyes - Please! - The sound of a exploding mob let her open her eyes again. - I did it? - she said quiet and looked at the pixels wh were once a wasp queen - I did it! - with glowing eyes and a big smile she looked at Hei before she hugged the man on the ground - I killed her -

Spoiler

Wasp Queen
ID# 99090 ; MD: 5 - 3 --> fail

Saphira
ID# 99091 ; BD: 6 --> success --> 3x4 = 12 DMG to Wasp Queen

Wasp Queen: -7/50 HP | 20 DMG Dead

Edited by Saphira
  • 3 weeks later...

Hei was still on the ground, when the wasp queen once again tried to attack him. The giant stinger came closer and he was sure that it would hit him this time, and he didn't like it. He knew that getting hit by a mob as weak as the wasp queen was not really a problem for him, but he still wasn't keen of being hit. He closed his eyes, preparing for the impact, but there was no impact at all. When he opened his eyes, he saw that Saphira was standing there, her dagger still glowing and the wasp queen had disappeared into millions of pixels slowly disappearing in the air. Before he could react, the girl closed in on him and hugged him. - What is happening? - was the first thought that crossed his mind, but it soon became pushed away by other thoughts - She looks so happy. I am so glad I didn't hit it with my last attack. But why does my face feel so hot, am I blushing? - and with this thought, he guided his concentration towards his face, trying to suppress the blush. Once the girl had let go of him, he turned to her and said "Nice attack. Didn't I tell you, that you can do it? How about we head down to town and complete the quest?" and before he could stand up, he saw there was a little pop-up, that told him, that the wasp had dropped something that was called <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> and he quickly accepted the dropped item.

+ <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.

Saphira still couldn´t belive, that she did killed the wasp queen, she had missed her all the time and now the wasp was nothing more than a few last disappearing pixels. Short she hugged Hei a little big thighter, only hoping, that this kill wasn´t a simple daydream, before she let go of him and stood up again. Thinking about a reason, why Hei was looking away she didn´t realized the pop-up which told her, that the wasp queen had dropped something. After a few seconds she saw the pop-up and accapted the drop which was called <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> and looked at Hei. She didn´t know the reason why, but she had the feeling that she had to hug him again. The girl made a little step in Hei´s direction before she stopped and answered to his question - Thank you - she said with quiet voice - Yeah, we should head back and complete the quest. - with this words she slowly turned and start the way back to the town.

+ <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.

After Saphira had stopped hugging him, and he had accepted the item drop, he got back to his feet and so when Saphira thanked him and told him that they should really head back to town, he was ready to go. Saphira turned and started walking, with Hei right behind her. "You were the one who got the quest, so you should lead us to the person we have to talk to, and how about we get something to drink in a local tavern to celebrate your first field boss kill?" he asked her while they were walking back to the town. As he had walked around here before, he was aware of where they had to go, so he didn't have to follow the path and use the time to maybe find at least a few materials he could use for his shop. And indeed, not to far off their way, he saw a couple of blooming flowers, that looked like the cotton he had gathered on the first floor. Walking over there, he quickly gathered them and headed back to Saphira afterwards.

ID# 99766
LD:
16 -> CD: 2 -> 1 bonus material -> 2 T1 mats found
T1 total: 2

Edited by Hei

Careful she looked around while she walked back to the town. After some time she turned to see, if Hei was still there, then she continued her way. - We have to go to the marketplace of the town, ther should still be the group of players who had found the wasp queen. The place is save now, so they can returne and continue their wasp farming. - Saphira told him and hoped over a puddle before she added - Also I have nothing against it, if I remember right ther are a few taverns around the marketplace. You can choose one while I tell them, that the big wasp is dead now, if it is okay for you. - Soon they reached the first buildings of it. Saphira walked through the small streets and looked from time to time back at Hei, to be sure that he was still following her. As they reached the marketplace she looked searching for the group around and after a short moment of looking she was able to find them. She walked to the small group of players and told them, that Hei and she had killed the wasp queen. They thanked Hei and her before they left the place, heading the direction to the meadow.

Once he returned to his friend, they continued towards town, and before the arrived, Saphira turned to him and told him, that they would have to pay the marketplace a visit, as the group of players that had found the wasp queen was gathered there. "Ok, then the marketplace it is." was all he said, and simply followed her. When they were closer to town, she added, that she liked the idea of getting some food and drink to celebrate their victory, and that he could choose one while she completed the quest. "Yeah, that's ok with me. So I'll just have a look around, and come back to you then." he said and they continued into town.
Within the town, a group of players waited, and after a short moment of talking Saphira, who had walked over to them returned to Hei, while the players headed back outside the town. Hei had used the short moment to have a look at the taverns menus, and decided that they would have food a the mending drum.
"Hey Saphira, I think this one will be fine" he said, while he head her to the Mended Drum, which was the perfect picture of an adventurers tavern. In there, there were many players and NPCs that looked a little like a heap of mercenaries and assassins to him, but that was what he had expected from a place like the Mended Drum. "Take a look at the menu, and order when you're ready. I'll take the stew."

Edited by Hei
  • 3 weeks later...

Saphira walked back to Hei as the group of players had lef the marketplace. She looked at the tavern Hei was talking about, the Mending Drum, the building looked like the perfect place to find there assassins and something similar. Careful Saphira followed Hei inside the tavern and looked around in the filled, gloomy room and start to feel kinda lost. Saphira took a seat on a empty table, followed from a look at the menue as Hei told her to order when she was ready. While reading the menue, her stomach start to grumble. As she had read nearly half of the menue, she stopped, they had fish. Curious she looked at the fish-dishes and after a short moment of thinking she ordered - A stew and a smoked salmon sandwich, please. - - Coming up. - answered the girl which took the order and walked away, still nervous she looked to Hei.

When Hei saw the nervous expression on Saphira's face, he thought, that this maybe wasn't the right tavern at all. - I always liked these rundown places, where everyone looked like he was just about to stand up and fight each other, but maybe this is what a girl like Saphira doesn't like. Why have I chosen this one? There is a nice little tavern just down the town - and with this in mind, he saw that Saphira, who still looked pretty insecure, ordered some food. The tavern maid, who wore cloth that seemed to be a little to short and tattered, was about to leave, when Hei added "Could you also bring us some of your famous mead and two big glasses of the home-made iced tea you got." The maid, who had turned back to them with Hei's first word nodded and made her way to the counter, bending over it to talk with the innkeeper. Hei could see how some of the NPCs looked at her the way that could only mean trouble. "Hey Saphira, how do you like this place?" He asked the girl, hoping that it would distract her from what was going on around them.

• 4 weeks later...

Saphira listened, as Hei added something to drink to their order. She followed the maid with her eyes as she made her way to the counter, there was a strange atmosphere inside the tavern. It reminds her at the time she had lived on the street, the moment when two or more kids did find something to eat and tried to figure out, who of them would have the better chance to get it. Hei´s voice pulled her out of her thoughts. - This place is okay, it has something fascinating but it also remembers me a little bit at my past. - she looked at him and for a short moment, the thought that he could be worried about her crossed her mind - I am alright, if that is what you want to know. It is okay for me to be here, it is just this strange atmosphere that makes me feel a little bit unwell. - she looked at a group of players, dressed in completely black clothes, before she looked back at Hei.

Studying Saphira's reaction to the surrounding actions and her response to his question, made him sure, that it would have been better to go for the basic tavern of this town. Saphira had mentioned, that it somehow reminded her of her past, and as Hei didn't knew about that past, but thought she probably didn't want to talk about it, he decided not to ask. Instead, her tried to take her mind of that and asked her "Ok, that's fair, it somehow makes one feel at the wrong place, if one isn't into barfights. But we aren't here for that, we came for the food. I heard the salmon sandwich does taste good. Did you know about that, or do you just like fishy things?" He hoped she wouldn't mind him trying some bad puns, but he wasn't even sure if it was a pun at all. On the other side, he had just ordered stew, which wasn't particularly good, but it was what one ordered in a tavern like this, just for fitting in the whole run down theme.