[F2-PP] A unwanted detour <<Long live the Queen>>

Mars makes his way down the streets of the second floor with a frown on his face at what he had been informed moments before he had come here. The tailor Aereth is supposedly out of his shop doing something or the other leaving him to make changes to his provider of gear. Which only leaves him in his current mismatched armor and such that was gained through the beginner quests, and the starter package. Mars currently in just vanity armor as he walks towards the quest board that has some general quests that don't have an exact location starter. He looks towards the board and sees two such quests one about a warg, and another about a wasp queen that is spawned through killing weaker version of it. He nods his head and takes that wasp queen quest needing something to relieve his annoyance at that fact that it might take longer to get his armor do the change in the provider. He can only hope that such events don't happen to other parts of his plan on what he wants to actually do. This small part of skipping even one quest on the first floor bothering him quite greatly since that goes against his well fit plan to continue leveling up more and more to get the stats he needs to blow through the other quests on these floors. He looks around the floor with his red colored eyes as he runs a hand through his black colored hair taking a deep breathe to calm himself before he does something brash like actually show any of this discomfort to the public eye. When all they see is a man seeming rather complacent and happy after choosing a quest to take.

Battle stats:

Spoiler

HP: 200/200 ENG: 20/20 

DMG: 1 base+5DMG weapon rank=6

ACC: 1 (enhancement on equipment)

Heave momentum x2 (+2 damage after a miss)

MIT: 7  (-7 to enemy attacks)

Equipped:

Spoiler

Gauntlets of Vulcan: Heavy Momentum x2 (+2 DMG) 

War God's armor: +1 mitigation. (-7 DMG)

Ring of Bacchus: +1 accuracy

Battle ready Inventory:

3 Healing potions ( heals 50 HP)

1 Over health (+50 temp HP)

tier 1 uncommon health potion (heals 40 HP)

@Pinball

Edited by Mars
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pinball twirled his dagger around, whistling as he walked. He passed by the common sight of a quest board. They were usually scattered around towns, informing players of the publicly available quests. However, there were secret quests, like <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>, that weren't generally known by the bulk of the population of players. Pinball took notice of a black haired man, who seemed to have already accepted a quest. Pinball hadn't done anything lately, and his damage output was pitiful... But to change that, he would need to level up. And for that, he needed to accept quests. Mustering up what little courage he could, Pinball jogged up to the board, took a quick glance, and then turned to the man. "Uh- is- umm... Hey, man. Any- anything interesting?" Pinball's face lit up bright red, and he nervously slapped the flat of his dagger against his thigh. "You... are you - are you going on a quest right now?"

Player Stats n' Stuff: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 10 | HP: 200 | EN: 20 | MIT: 9 | DMG: 3

Equipped: 

• Plain Leather Armor: 9 MIT {1 Slot} 
  • Cloak of the Harbingers: +3 LD {3 Slots} 
  • Emerald Shiv: +1 DMG, +1 ACC {2 Slots} 

Skills: 

• Dagger Skill ~ Rank 1
  • Fishing 

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• {5} Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality ~ +40 HP

Edited by Pinball

Now their is only the matter of figuring out how to deal with the fact that fighting what this quest is calling a field mob could be rather annoying if he doesn't have anything prepared for it.  He could always buff himself beforehand, but that could be ruing his chances of future quests like the one on this floor, or even the one of the fourth floor that is fighting some ice giant that spawns through such similar methods. As he is thinking this he gets shocked out of his thoughts as he turns his red eyes towards a player at his side that looks to be rather average. He looks over the figure and spots a dagger which means he should expect some kind of support role at best. However the armor looks like light armor made by some tailor which means it is most likely support do to the common place of tanks being heavy armor. Upon hearing the players stuttering he just smiles outwardly while feeling slight annoyance wondering why it seems the first player he comes across is one with either confidence issue or shyness. Hopefully it is just shyness since that could be dealt with through constant interaction. Greetings sir. I am going on a quest to deal with a certain field boss that needs its minions killed before it can spawn itself. Why do you ask? Mars says in a kind tone of voice with a friendly smile on his face not showing any signs of negative emotions across his form or his stance during the entire time he was in thought and during his talking.

Pinball placed his knife back in the scabbard at his belt. "Would you mind If I tagged along?" Pinball knew damn well he wouldn't be of much help, but, he could always stun monsters, and, if nothing else, could act as a meat shield. "It's just- uhh- my damage is... crap, to be honest with you." Pinball didn't know what to do with his hands as he spoke, and so, they were always tapping against his legs, getting stuffed in his pockets, or rubbing together. "But, I really need to level up. I'm a Cook, see, but my Guild needs fighters if we want to get to the frontlines. I'm trying to level up so I can become more of a... of a combat player." It was the truth, but he didn't mention how he was trying to drop his dagger skill, his unsuccessfulness with cooking, and the deep-seated discomfort with having such a low damage output. The reason he had told the man he was a cook was to find an excuse for being below average for a player of his level. Nonetheless, Pinball smiled, a sudden shift from his nervousness. "Yo, I'm Pinball," he introduced himself, offering a high five, "nice to meet ya.

So it seemed this player needed help with taking quests do to his own inability to do any meaningful amount of damage in combat. How wonderful that just means he will have to work that much harder in this fight if he took this player with him. However, if he does support him that would mean he could get a future ally out of this possibly by helping him out, and continuing to show this attitude to him to since it seems would be the correct stance. Mars took note of the fact that this player seems to be just plain nervous also from the way he stands to his voice, and the fact that his hands are rather restless during the entire time this player had spoken to him. However, Mars just continued to smile and says in a rather happy tone of voice that wouldn't give away the fact of his true feelings on this matter. It's quite alright i am in need of some help during this also from the fact that i have heard the boss can be rather strong with its attacks, so having another player would be a great relief to have. My name is Mars simple enough and my way of fighting is martial arts. Mars tells this player and sees the hand raise up for a high five as he rolls his eyes on the inside, but on the outside it looks to Pinball that Mars seems happy to reciprocate the gesture as he high fives him back.

He thinks for a moment once more before speaking. Don't feel ashamed of being a cook with low damage Pinball. That simply means that the route of a fighter isn't for you, and that you should focus upon being a tank who helps his guild through the creation of his crafts rather then being the one slaying the beasts. Mars says in a gentle tone as he puts his hand upon your shoulder. Having a understanding look on his face while he wonders internally if this player can actually be of use for him in this fight rather then a waste of space he will regret bringing along. This quest being the deciding factor if it will be worth continuing to working alongside this person. If anything knowing a cook could be useful to try and gain buffs, and being in good relations with one is just that much better.

Pinball was beggining to be a bit put-off by the man. Pinball may be a nervous wreck, but he was awful perceptive for a boy of his age, and there was something about Mars he didn't like. The man seemed kind enough, but it just seemed so artificial. He couldn't quite put his finger on it. This guy was someone Pinball was going to have to watch. If he was right, and the stranger was putting up a facade, then he was a much bigger threat to Pinball than he originally anticipated. "Yeah," the boy said, measuring his words carefully, "I guess. Uhh- you - you can lead the way." Pinball stuffed his hands in his pockets to avoid any more erratic movements. Pinball looked at the man, and smiled, choosing to put his suspicions behind for a while. It wasn't something he can change, and there was no point reading into anything he couldn't figure out. If the stranger had any secret intentions, he would show them soon enough. Or would he? "Thanks for havin' me, man.

Mars nods his head and gestures for Pinball to follow him as he notices the way he speaks having changed, and that it seems their is a definite tone shift. He keeps this in mind as he sees this as a fault on his part, so with that in mind he makes sure to master everything perfectly in his act. After all a person that has mastered the arts of acting and theater such as him can easily replicate any emotion that is needed with a slight hindrance in sadness since he refuses to cry and frequently would need aid in his performances to replicate that emotion. Mars begins to make his way through the town of Urbus towards the destination where the quest says the wind wasps spawn in enough numbers for him to kill to spawn the field boss. With hopefully enough time to rest and heal up between the fights. He then hears this players words and just nods his head. It is nothing having some company is always welcomed and makes the travels between places always much better. He says with a smile and speaking in a kind tone telling a half lie with that. That it is true that company can be enjoyed when travel leaves oneself in their thoughts, but it also can be quite irritating if the company is not one that is complimentary to the one traveling which has yet to be seen as of yet between himself and this player Pinball.

"Well, lead the way, man," Pinball nodded, tapping the ground with the heel of his boot. He adjusted the leather breastplate he wore, and made sure his scabbard was properly strapped to his belt. It wouldn't do to drop his weapon before the fighting even began. Not that it would make much of a difference, Pinball thought bitterly. It wouldn't be long before he got his sword and shield from Eatos, and the armor he had ordered so long ago from Hei. And then, he would finally be able to make up for lost time. He just needed the SP he got from these quests, and the col. He would finally be free of the Dagger Skill, and would be able to finally embrace his preferred role as a damage dealer. It was just a matter of time. "I mean, you do know where to go, yeah? I'll follow along and make sure you don't get stabbed in the back," he said, only half joking. Player killers were on the rise, and one could never be too careful. 

Then come along their is much time to be spent. Mars says as he starts to make his way towards the quest knowing the location of where it is from going over the information he had of it from the other players that he knows. With that it is rather easy to tell and know where it begins, and ends and how to travel to their without much difficulty in that matter. Mars continues his travel towards the location through the town of Urbas with this player who is going to be accompanying him it seems like. He can hear the slight rustling of items and can imagine it is adjusting the equipment to be more effective and battle ready for what it is going to be. Even though equipment is generally meant to equip itself in the perfect fashion to the body. He hears this player question his knowledge of where to go and rolls his eyes a bit since it is out of this player's sight since he is walking ahead of this Pinball. However, he speaks in a polite and calm tone of voice not allowing his actual feelings of the matter on. I do know where i am going since i do try to make sure to get information that i can on each quest i do beforehand. You can never be careful of the dangers that could surround each quest that isn't known till it is to late. Mars says to you.

Pinball nodded. "Can never be too careful," he agreed. He took a look at the sky, watching the clouds roll by as they walked. Mars wasn't much for conversation, and when he did talk, he was always so polite. Pinball hated this. One part of him believed that kindness was a construct used for selfish, personal gain. Another part believed that life was too short for worrying about things you couldn't change. Pinball was in constant conflict between the two beliefs. Pinball was going to confront the man eventually, and see what he was all about. He wouldn't bother to be subtle about it, either. If Mars was the type of person he thought he was, there wouldn't be much point, anyways. For now, he would walk. Then, he would finish the quest. He could worry about the man on their way back to town. For now, Pinball would walk in silence, enjoying the sights the floor had to offer. 

Mars nods his head at the comment back before continuing on his way through the floor as he makes his way out of the town of Urbus and starts to walk through the forest that lies outside of the city heading towards an area of the forest that has a open field with a single tree that is resting their that is bigger then the rest by a slight amount. This area of the forest being where wind wasps spawn in plenty for players to grind which would be a trap for the unprepared who didn't know a field boss spawns their if they grind out on the wind wasps for levels. A clever way across the floors it seems is having such traps for people who grind a certain spot or mob for some item to give them a challenge. He could respect the system for putting that in since it certainly would make things more interesting and give players more reason to head caution even during their grind for money and levels encase they activated another such type of these quests.

His steps along with this player Pinball's steps being the only noticeable sound for the moment within the forest for the two players. Mars can appreciate this silence since it means less interacting with another player who could be useful certainly, but later debate and waiting seems to be the key in seeing if things change for this player in one way or another. Only time will be able to tell where such things will go in this game which will most likely change players from how they came into it.

They soon arrived at the quests location, and Pinball dropped into a crouch, pulling his dagger from its sheathe. "We're here," he muttered to Mars, his eyes never leaving the player's fists. The man hadn't openly shown any weapons during their time together, so Pinball assumed he was a Martial Arts user. With that in mind, Pinball would have to be much more cautious, especially since he didn't have any weapons or armor to adequatly defend himself. "The queen should be just ahead." Pinball took a long breath, trying to steady his nerves. He was about to enter a battle, and he would either leave a bit stronger, or he wouldn't leave at all. He ran a strategy through his head. "You rush in first. Take a hit, hit it back if you can," Pinball explained, while idly scratching his dagger through the dirt, "then, I'll come in for a stun. It should be too slow to hit me right after you, so you'll get another free hit on it. After that, it'll just be combat as usual." Pinball looked the man up and down. "Sound good by you?

Mars notices the area is how it should be. Just like how his informants described the location as he looks around as he gets ready to fight whatever is going to come out and try to attack him. Upon hearing your words he raises an eyebrow interested that the queen could spawn without killing her minions. Mars could only hope that is the case since that would allow for more energy to be used on the queen to knock her down. He looks over to Pinball seeing him taking a calming breathe and finds slight amusement in that, but doesn't allow it to show. Wondering how well this player will do in actual combat that is life or death. Against these floor bosses that are said to be difficult to fight. Only time will tell it seems like. He then hears the plan and nods his head fine with that since it makes the most sense in terms of how they are situated currently. That is fine with me Pinball let's take down this queen now. Shall we? Mars says before heading into the area a little bit as a loud noise is heard quickly followed by the queen wind wasp showing up ready to fight.

As the queen comes within his sights he quickly jumps into the air and spins quickly as his leg then slams into the queen taking her down below half her health as he then lands on the ground quickly back flipping away to avoid the queen's attempt to stab him with her stinger. Follow up on the plan Pinball. Mars says in a calm collected tone.

#92050  BD: 8+1=9 (no crit has to be a natural nine or 10)   MD: 2     Tornado kick: 6x6=36

Mars:   HP: 200/200 ENG: 8/20    (DMG: 6   ACC: 1   Heave momentum x2 (+2 damage after a miss)  MIT: 9)

Pinball:  HP: 200 | EN: 20 | MIT: 9 | DMG: 3

Queen wind wasp: HP: 14/50  (Damage per Attack: 20)

Pinball watched as the man rushed in, dealing quick, heavy damage. "Jesus," Pinball had time to mutter, before he noticed the Wind Wasp Queen getting ready for an attack on the man. Clumsily readying a Sword Art, Pinball rushed in... and missed by an inch. The blade wizzed by the Queen's torso, the mob just barely being able to escape the glowing knife. "Damn it!" Pinball cursed, slamming his foot into the ground, infuriated. Pinball spun around to face the Queen, who seemed to be slowly registering what had just happened. Taking advantage of the confusion, Pinball jumped back, putting some distance between the mob and himself. "Sorry! Take care of it, will ya?" Pinball shouted to Mars, his face bright red from anger and embarrasment. The massive amount of damage the man did was worrying. Pinball wouldn't be able to take on Mars by himself, not with his current equipment. Pinball decided as soon as the quest was over and done with, and if he was still alive, he would go about looking for better equipment. Pinball cursed to himself once more, anger making way for dissapointment.

Combat: 

Spoiler

~COMBAT~

ID# 92052

BD: 4+1= 5 (Miss!)  MD: 5 (Miss!)

Pinball uses <<Side Bite>>, misses! 

Queen Wind Wasp misses! 

- 2 EN

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

Queen Wind Wasp: HP 14/50 / 20 DMG

- Players -

{H:1} Mars: HP 200/200 / EN 8/20 / 6 DMG / 1 ACC / 9 MIT 

{H:0} Pinball: HP 200/200 / EN 18/20 / 3 DMG / 9 MIT 

Edited by Pinball
  • 2 weeks later...

He looks towards the queen with a slightly bored expression having almost decimated her in just one attack with is truly pitiful for a creature with supposed strength such as this. One that could kill him with only ten attacks. He turns to his companion who moves to the queen and barely misses her as the queen then focuses back to himself since he has the most hate out of the two. He focuses on his opponent as he bends his knees slightly. Don't worry Pinball this will be all over right now. He says with a slight grin on his face that is hidden by his armor that he wears. He kicks himself off of the ground towards the queen who is buzzing furiously as she charges at him stinger first. He bends his body out of the way of the stinger before quickly moving his body in a twisting motion and slams his right leg into the queen knocking her towards the ground once more.

He looks down at the queen from above before letting momentum carry him down towards the queen as he then punches the queen in the head causing it to let out one last loud buzz before shattering into nothing. Leaving the clearing quite once more except for slight panting from himself. He takes a quick deep calming breathe before turning his head back to his companion. He takes off his helmet and looks to the player. Seems like they need to make these enemies more durable if they can die this easily. He says in a joking tone trying to lighten the mood by any bit hoping that by doing this he can lift any worry from this player's shoulder do to his strength.

#92459  BD: 8+1=9 (no crit since has to be natural 9 or 10)  MD: 7 (dead)   Delayed sword: 6x4=24DMG   (+1 natural energy regen per turn)   Delayed sword: -4ENG +1ENG=-3 ENG

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

Queen Wind Wasp: HP 0/50 / 20 DMG

- Players -

{H:2} Mars: HP 200/200 / EN 5/20 / 6 DMG / 1 ACC / 9 MIT 

{H:0} Pinball: HP 200/200 / EN 18/20 / 3 DMG / 9 MIT 

Pinball quickly regained some amount of composure, letting a breath out from behind clenched teeth. "Damn," he cursed again, showving his dagger back onto his belt. He shook his head angrily, and ran his fingers through his hair. The mob had died quickly... quick enough that Pinball wasn't able to get a second shot at attacking it. "Well, you could've done that by yourself," he said, chuckling without emotion. "Damn." Pinball walked over to a tree, and took a seat, leaning against the wood. "That was way faster than I had expected," he told him, looking up at Mars. "You certainly know what you're doing with all those fancy kicks and stuff." Pinball himself had acquired the MA skill, but only so he could unlock the Stun attack a Rapier would get a few ranks in. And since he was planning on using a shield when he could, he wasn't even sure he would be able to use it. Good thing I haven't been using it, then, he thought, shaking his head once more. "Well, now what?"

Well i guess i could've done that by myself. However, at the time i was expecting more of a fight since i predicted these enemies would be stronger then what they were. A slight error on my part it seems like. he says with a shrug before looking to the player who had been able to accompany him on this quest. he watches this person sit down besides a tree and nods his head, and for himself decides to look around the field for anything since every moment can be used for productivity of things. He chuckles a bit at the compliment and waves his hands in a dismissive manner. I am just a simple martial arts user that is it. I have a long ways to go before i could reach this other martial arts user i have heard is at least within my possibility of getting close to in strength. Mars says with a nod of his head as he gazes around the field he finds nothing of particular use for himself in what he can obtain at this moment.

Well for ourselves we could try to take on some mobs that could be around to try and get some loot that could be of great use, or we could start heading back into town. Maybe if you thought of me as a decent partner in this quest we could try the Hoya to see if that beast could put up any better of a fight then this queen did. He suggest as he looks you in the yes through the helmet he wears that covers his face.

#92550 LD: 12 no mats found.

He shrugged, and stood. "It's whatever, I guess," he muttered, wiping his eyes. It was seriously dissapointing, but there was nothing that could be done about it now. He listened as Mars suggested what they did next. "Well, the problem with mob hunting is that we're on Floor Two. Judging from the way you handled that Wasp, you and I both are way above the recommended level here. We would have to go to a higher floor to find a monster that actually dropped loot for us." Which meant a walk back to the city, only to teleport to another floor, and then walk some more. The walk from the town to here was long enough for Pinball, and he was in no mood to be running around in light of his recent failure. But, he needed materials, and if Mars really wanted to go hunting, he wouldn't protest. "Otherwise, if we found a stream, I could go fishing, but I can see how that would be boring for you." He shrugged again, and after a pause, "your call, man. You lead, I'll follow.

Edited by Pinball

Well i guess that is true we're above this floor, or at least i am in terms of pure strength. That doesn't mean their attacks could be just as tasty if they manage to land a hit. However, i am curious about this fishing idea you had. Since i don't know much about that in all honesty since i never gave it much thought thinking it would not be beneficial in the end. I only really know knowledge of skills that would be good attacking opponents for maximum damage. Why don't you show me this fishing of yours Pinball since i am sure it would be of more benefit then other things that could be done. Especially if this method is easier and faster in terms of acquiring items and such. he says rather curious of this skill that he hadn't given much mind to, so he is a it curious why he would suggest such in terms of trying to get loot from such a thing. Which leaves only the one option of searching for it. To see it within action.

"Well, if you really wanna see, I guess we could." He stretched, then started walking. "Come on, I know a place." 

The walk took quite a bit. Pinball had only seen this stream when he had gone out for walks as a low level, and even then, it was a very hidden place. After some struggling to keep his directions on track, he pushed aside a large bush. "After you," he said. 

The stream was like its own little base. It was entirely surrounded by trees and bushes, making it the perfect place for children to build a play fort. He walked over to the water, and pulled his wooden fishing rod out of his inventory. Without a glance at Mars, he cast the line into the water. The rod's line shone a blue, and Pinball yanked the line out of the water. 3 fish were attached to the hook, and they shattered into polygonals after a few seconds. A small screen appeared in front of him, telling him he had earned 3 T1 Materials. "As easy as that," he said, showing the screen to Mars.

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 93120

CD: 10 (Success)

3 T1 Materials Fished Up!

@Mars

Edited by Pinball