[F9-PP] The burning fury <<Feeding the Enemy>>

He opens his eyes upon the 17th floor within his shop as he grins as he gets out of his bed, and then makes his way out of his home and towards the teleporter as Mars equips some simple vanity equipment of clothing that is a black shirt, and long pants with a trenchcoat with silver lines when it reaches an end piece. He makes his way across the floor as fast as he can towards the teleporter staying out of sight of any monsters that could spot him. Knowing it was rather risky to make his shop here, but it was certainly worth it in his mind to make a shop named the Legion's Apothecary on a greek floor. Enjoying the slight irony of such a thing on this floor. He continue to sprint towards the teleporter as he goes over in his mind everything he is planning to do today. With the first objective being the simple capture of a familiar, and what better would be then a bestial animal like a liger. However, he decided to try and push his luck and see if he can find that upon the ninth floor to get one that can create fire. Such a prospect being rather interesting to him to see if he can get such a thing.

After stepping onto the teleporter to the floor after running past multiple NPCs and streets of the floor he says simply. Teleport, Delilah. With that the light envelops him as he sees he is now on the third floor. 'Good now then time to head towards his shop.' He thinks to himself with a grin as he heads towards where the shop of the Paladin is. He makes his way towards the area going towards the mountains like his information states where the shop is suppose to rest. Mars quickly making his way their with a sprint not wishing to fight any monsters since he has a tight schedule to keep to, and fighting monsters that aren't quest ones isn't in that schedule yet. After a bit of a run he spots the shop near the lake where he had been told where it was. He walks up towards the shop door and enters it figuring it wouldn't be an issue since it is a shop so orders should be done here. He enters the shop if the door isn't locked for whatever reason.

@Itzal

Itzal, who was dressed in a silver vest and deep purple trench coat, had only recently finished his craft for the player who had messaged him.  The player named Mars.  Mars was the Roman name for the Greek God of war, though Itzal didn't really go much off of that since everyone named themselves whatever they felt like when they logged in, not knowing that this was a death game and that people would certainly judge them for their username.  He wasn't surprised if someone had God killer, or Bloodbather or something like that.  Heck, Itzal was a word for shadow since he wanted to be a rogue originally.  Afterwards however he decided to be a scout to help the players in this game advance more quickly...  In his own, unique.. way.  Anyways!  The point was that he wasn't going to judge him based off of his name.  For all he knew he may have just wanted a cool sounding name.  Soon enough the door to the shop opened and Itzal shot his hand out, grabbing Velnia by the tail before she could even come close to tackling the newcomer.  The purple dragon, whom Itzal believed to actually be a hybrid of a puppy, kitten and squirrel with dragon scales, claws, wings and lightning breath, acted out of raw excitement for a full minute before finally calming down enough to the point where Itzal was comfortable enough with letting go of her.  Velnia licked the player's face before landing on him and climbing all over him head to toe, ending on his shoulder and sitting there with a goofy smile.  Itzal chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm guessing you're Mars then.  Well, Mars meet Velnia, my familiar.  I'm Itzal, nice to meet you!" he said as he held his hand out to shake the other player's.  "Sorry about Velnia, she's...  Hyperactive...  Like, insanely hyperactive.  I made the item like you asked, no charge as this may or may not take a while.  So where did you want to head for your familiar?"  He asked, putting his hands in his deep pockets.

Spoiler

General
Level: 70
HP: 1,430
Energy: 140

DMG: 16 (base 1 damage + 9 dmg (Velnia) +5 sword skill +1 Athletics)

SP Available:  9

Total SP:  360

Equipped Items

Yakimba (+2 Bleed +2 Paralysis Tier 2)

Niger Natio  (+3 evasive Tier 2)
Beauty Incarnated  (+3 Accuracy Tier 1)

-------------------------------------------

Twilight Cloak  (+3 LD Tier 1)
Faithkeeper  (+3 Accuracy Tier 2)
Skyreach  (+3 Col Multiplier Tier 1)

Skills: 

Grandmaster one handed straight sword (+5 DMG) <50 sp>

Master light armor (+18 MIT) <35 sp>

Grandmaster Search and Detect  (+5 LD) <50 sp>

Gatherer (turns each material found into the ammount of 4) <10 sp>

Picking (+3 LD when opening chests) <15 sp>

Velnia (Rank 3 Fighter: +9 dmg) <18 sp>

Grandmaster Charge (+5 dmg first attack) <50 sp>

Grandmaster Battle Healing (+5% total health per combat post) <50 sp>

Mods:

Reveal (+2LD when searching for dungeons or players.  Dungeons rolled for every 15 posts rather than 20) <9 sp>

Detect (+1 to dungeon searching, +3 to player, npc, mob searching, all player stealth bonuses are negated) <9>
Night Vision (Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness, as well as negating others stealth bonuses from it) <5>

Dismantling (+2 LD for picking chests)  <8 sp>
Tracking: Allows the player to track another player or monster down by entering their name if the name is known to the player. This negates the targets hiding bonuses and when hunting monsters, guarantees a hit regardless of BD roll, though still requires to roll for a critical. Tracking takes a post action. <12>
Athletics: +1 dmg +10 * tier HP

Extra/locked Skills: 

Meditation 0 ranks

Survival <3 sp>

Disguise (when activated, turns Itzal into his opponent, giving him +1 BD and his opponent -1 BD during Itzal's and the opponent's turn.  can only be used every 12 turns

Expert Martial Arts (+3 unarmed damage) <23 sp>

Mithril:  3 T1  <>  T2  =  7  <>  T3  =  2

Profession:  Rank 3 Performer  <>  473 Exp

As soon as he stepped into the shop he saw the sight of the dragon Velnia who looked like why was trying to tackle him. A interesting thing for certain which goes against the idea of dragons that he is more familiar with. The ones of tales of being mighty beasts and treasure hoarders being a complete stark contrast to this little tiny thing who looked like it couldn't even hurt the tiniest of insects. He begins to wonder how much more this could end up being for himself, and quickly receives that answer with licks to his cheeks. The creature quickly taking residence upon his shoulder after much crawling around his body that he could tell was now do to the want of a place to perch itself. The actions being rather annoying extremely so for him, but he doesn't allow this to show but plays the part of enjoying it through laughs and chuckles seeming to genuinely enjoy the creatures affectionate side. Well then what a energized dragon you have here Itzal. Certainly seems to be going against the tales of dragons that are more common in real life.

He looks over to the creature that he is told is named Velnia and nods his head at the familiar, and then turns back to the Paladin in front of him and shakes his hand with a firm grip. A pleasure to meet you their are certainly tales of you and your guild down back in the first floor Itzal. Mars genuinely chuckles for a bit hearing the insanely hyperactive part as he could see it from the small amount of interaction he got with the familiar Velnia. For my familiar i want one from the ninth floor. I already know the creature type their is only the matter to see if their is a fire elemental version of it in the way it could control flames in some manner. Also thank you for being willing to craft this for free since this is a business for you. I feel honored you would allow a free item on the house He says to the Paladin with a nod of his head and a grateful look on his face that looks like it is do to the generosity of such a thing but is more grateful for the fact he won't have to pay for a item since their is still the matter of his armor and weapon being sorted out.

Velnia could feel the annoyance emanate from him, but she paid it no mind.  Many people had that first reaction with her, and she was too childish to really care too too much.  Regardless, she did fly back to Itzal again when she felt it.  Itzal paid that action no mind since, well, she was completely and utterly random.  In many ways it was both a blessing and a curse.  It sharpened Itzal's reflexes, forcing him to keep on his toes at all times, yet at the same it could occasionally cause him grief...  Like the time in the bar, or that other time in the ice cream shop where she started a food fight with another familiar...  And proceeded to get Itzal kicked out of the shop from then on, though the player was still willing to chat, just, somewhere other than the store.  She was also very helpful to him during fights, aiding him by distracting or attacking the monsters, sometimes they did combination attacks together.  To Itzal she wasn't just simple numbers and code.  She was a living, breathing creature with her own personality, thoughts and hopes, etc.  He hoped Mars could find a familiar like that himself.  He listened to Mars' greeting as they shook hands.  When he heard that there were tales of his guild out on the first floor, Itzal blushed a bit.  "There, are?"  They had never tried to become famous, and right now most of his guildmates were very inactive.  He wondered if it was because of the holidays coming up...  Shoot!  Christmas!  He had completely forgotten!  He needed to think of some sort of gift he could give Kaiser!!!

When he spoke again it drew Itzal's mind back to ground level.  Mars stated that he wanted a familiar on the ninth floor, which was a volcanic floor.  Most people may be put off by this but Itzal wasn't.  To him it just sounded like he wanted a fire elemental based familiar.  He saw one a long time ago, and if he was thinking correctly he believed it was a dragon.  He then mentioned that he did in fact want a fire elemental familiar...  Score!  He got it right.  When the player thanked him for the free song and Itzal nodded with a chuckle and grin.  "Hey no problem man.  I never really have any customers as it is due to nobody caring about debuffs, so what the heck?  Floor nine then right?  Let's head out!  Oh, do you have any bonus LD items other than the song?"

@Mars

He chuckles a bit at the surprised reaction of this player as he nods his head. You would be surprised obviously the thing you're known for is being a guild that helps out the lower players. However, as fate would have it the most talked about it is you since it seems that you're one of the more active members the only recent ones i have heard otherwise is a player by the name of Shield helping someone. The only others i know of are of course the man i believe he goes by the player name Morgenstern, and then their is the master of shadows himself Hikoru that i barely managed to hear about. Not much is known of him but i guess that is to be expected of a person with the title of shadows. he says with a chuckle and a smile playing the part of just a normal person. Acting like the other players he has observed for oh so much time to learn how to act like any other player would instead of himself. But yes their are stories all usually referring to how you're a guild fighting for our freedom while being humble enough to visit us lower players to help us out. While their are more...let's say restrictive guilds that are out their that can't help directly it seems like at times. Being to blinded by the red of injury, and the white of the fake purity they hold themselves to. Mars says to this player not saying the guild name he is referring to directly. Wishing to see if this player can figure it out based on clues.

And yes floor nine is the floor i wish to travel to. Their is a possibly familiar i need to see if it is their. I would hope that it would be or this would be rather disappointing to have to travel all the way through that floor and get nothing out of it. Mars says to the player Itzal before starting to make his way towards the town of Delilah and then off to the teleporter as he waits for Itzal to follow him before doing so acting polite even though he would be fine with leaving at this moment. However, there are matters that need to be had. Well no i don't have a LD item besides this call you given to me. It is rather annoying you could say that i will have to be hoping that i get lucky enough but i guess i can't do anything besides this. Mars says with a shrug wondering if this player itzal has some item to give him that would help more so then the crystal if he is asking such a question.

Mars talked about the stories he had been hearing about the Celestial Ascendants.  The most prominent story was that the guild helped out lower players, which of course was their main goal so it was important that word was getting out.  What he said next surprised him more than any of the others in the guild, which really caused his face to flush.  So most of the talk was about him?  That meant he needed to be careful about what he said and did around, well anyone.  It could very easily affect the way his guild was seen, and while he didn't care about how others saw him, he definitely cared about his newfound family.  From what he was hearing, it was known that Itzal was the only one who was usually active in the guild, though there were others who tried.  It was true though, the guild was dying.  He hadn't seen many members lately, the only ones being Jonathan, whom he'd been questing with for a bit.  And then Shield and Hikoru, but only when there was a boss raid, and that was very rarely nowadays.  He really wished they could speed the process along.  He nodded when he mentioned Hikoru.  "Yeah, he likes to keep to himself whenever he can.  I wouldn't say he's shy, just protective is all."  When Mars talked about their guild in contrast to other guilds such as the KoB as he subtly mentioned Itzal nodded in agreement.  "Yeah.  Others tend to be prideful and arrogant.  One person actually insulted everyone during an event boss when they fled due to the boss being more powerful than they were ready for." 

When Mars mentioned that he did not in fact have anything, Itzal nodded and opened his menu, switching his armor from his Twilight Cloak, to Niger Natio (found in journal).  The hood and mouth piece were already off when it materialized on him, and he pulled Twilight Cloak from his inventory, handing the trench coat part to Mars, or rather, offering it.  "You can use this while we search for your familiar.  It grants an additional plus three LD.  Really helps.  The only thing that would make this perfect is a consumable that gave an additional plus three...  Unfortunately cooks haven't been very active lately.."

@Mars

He grins a bit glad to see this payer managed to pick up on his clues and not directly stating the guild like he had done. Which is good if when trying to discuss something in a public manner of such. Since any player could make assumptions about what guild they are referring to, and it could then reveal something about they themselves since all humans tend to mix their own opinion into their ideas of what others say or do. He continues walking through the town till he is at the teleporter as he looks over to this Paladin and nods his head. So then why does Hikoru have this title of Master of Shadows? Is it some skill that is unique, or did he just max out skills that relate to not being seen? Mars ask in a curious tone which was how he truly felt. Wondering how one would get such a title of things, and if it is a unique skill then their is the matter of figuring out how to get one. When mentioning the player he raises an eyebrow at that and he can only feel that confirms that these player are by no means actual teammates and looking out for one another. That most are only caring about themselves if they would do such a thing. Just another reason to find a way to make things better among such people since they would most likely do the same if they were outmatched. Humans flaws of nature created through their fake ideals to make them feel superior.

Upon seeing this cloak he does take it and equips it as it changes his regular coat into this new one as he nods his head. Thank you for allowing me to borrow this Itzal. Hopefully it will be used in getting the familiar that i wish to have. He says with a kind smile while grinning just as much internally at how well things are going for the most part. That the chance of his success has practically skyrocketed with the help of this Paladin. Now their is only time to face his greatest enemy in this game. The RNG chance of finding what he wants which has proven to be the mightiest foe for him since it has caused some....great annoyances when having to do those gathering quests.  Teleport Yogan Village. Mars says as the light engulfs him to take him to the ninth floor.

OOC-  SOOOOO SORRY for not posting!  It's been a really, really hectic week ;-;

Itzal noticed the man's grin when he replied to him, remaining discrete about the whole matter since they were in public areas.  Once they were out in the wilderness with no one around they wouldn't have to keep their talk so secretive.  Itzal hated eighty percent of the Knights of the Blood Oath, Heathcliff and Mack specifically.  However Macradon was a great individual and he would always see him as a friend.  Back when Ulises was still hanging around his mind, he wasn't so withholding about his thoughts on the guild.  Nowadays he was more gentler, and sensitive about his approach with others and when the topic enters the conversation.  He wondered if Mars was wondering if he agreed with him or not before he pulled aside the whole charade, or if that was just how he spoke.  That's when he asked how Hikoru had come to be known as the master of shadows.  Itzal turned to him curiously with a grin.  "Been doing your research then?  Well he never directly told me but it wasn't too hard to figure it out.  Rumors of a unique skill called Shadowed Path.  His rogue like build.  Put two and two together..  Still haven't figured out exactly how it works though.  And skills are capped at rank four.  He wouldn't be famous for that.  Just because your good at something it isn't enough to earn you a title." 

When Mars had accepted Itzal's cloak he simply nodded with a smile, adjusting the black armor which would have covered him head to toe if he hadn't had the hood and mouth piece down.  "Anytime man.  It really does help when looking for materials, dungeons, or players.  Mostly materials though, since I can't solo the dungeons on advanced floors.  So, may I ask, what build are you shooting for?  And is there any specific type of monster you're hoping to tame?"  Before he answered, he and Itzal warped to the ninth floor.  The heat hit them instantly, but with his survival skill and his heat tolerance, Itzal didn't have much of an issue at all.  Started walking towards the town exit, Velnia shooting all over the place, bouncing on a few npc's heads as she did so.  When they left the town Itzal could go ahead and start looking for materials.  While he'd love to help, it had to be Mars who found and tamed the monster.

Mars grins a bit and nods his head grinning a bit that this paladin seems to be wise enough to not saying anything to much or to publicly about some topics. A warrior who knows when to speak, and when to speak is always a good leader and it seems from first impressions and stories this player fits that bill within his mind. Once informed of unique skills his interest perks as he grins at hearing that as he turns to the Paladin. However, once the heat hits him what he plans to say gets knocked out right away. Why is it so Hot! I get it's a volcanic land of desolation basically but....i need to revisit such places to plan better. He sighs softly not caring to say this out loud as he gazes around at the volcanic floor that is floor nine. Okay note to self forsake my quest planning to get Survival as much as possible. Cause otherwise Avalanche will be a frozen adventure i want to survive without turning into a ice sculpture. He says with a sigh at the thought of dealing with the biting cold if the steaming heat is enough to get him annoyed.

Right back to what i was going to say. Regarding unique's how do they actually come about? Seems like it would be difficult for anyone to get their hands on such a thing. He asks curiously wondering if their is a method or enemy to kill that would give him such a leverage against his opponents. for my familiar i'm looking for a liger. You might find it hard to believe, but i'm choosing this since i had a dream about it. I'm wishing to see if that is what my decision has lead up to or if i should've gone with my other option. Mars says with a nod of his head as he starts to make his way through the main settlement to get to searching for his familiar. Regretting greatly all the while for not acquiring survival before this moment. Also my build is DPS martial arts. He says remembering that was something that was asked of him. He watches the little dragon move around seeing that the creature is fast. Very fast from what he can observe a scouting familiar perhaps? It wouldn't be the first time his informants have given him false information on a matter. He looks over to the Paladin at his side and sees that he is not being bothered and can only sigh still blaming his plans for making him do such a egregious oversight of not getting survival before now.

• 3 weeks later...

Itzal hears Mars' comment about the heat and chuckles with a nod.  "People don't often realize how accurate these floors can be.  Floor four was a real pain to me for the longest time.  However when you get the survival skill, and when you revisit these floors to adjust yourself to their climate, you slowly grow a resistance to them and their weather."  After he said this he made a note to himself to get the survival skill, causing him to smile.  The survival quest wasn't much.  Just a bunch of walking with a small chance of losing a little bit of health.  It wasn't hard just tiring.  He mentioned Avalanche and Itzal groaned upon hearing that.  "Now that was a very annoying battle.  Avalanche himself was easy to kill, but it was the literal avalanche after that which I had to deal with.  At least I was moving a lot to keep warm...  Enough."  Then he asked about the unique skills and Itzal thought about it for a moment.  "You know...  I really don't know.  I never got one, and those who have one don't talk about it.  All I know is that there are only a handful of skills, that are each unique one of a kind.  Only one skill.  And the liger is a cool choice actually.  And nah that's not crazy or anything.  I think it's cool that you dreamed about it."  When Mars mentioned he was going dps style Itzal nodded.  "That does seem to be the public favorite now doesn't it?"

@Mars

He nods his head as he just listens to this Paladin talk about his own experiences. Which while by themselves aren't anything to focus on to any great extent. it is more so the fact that he has been where he had been at this point, and thus can share a great deal about what could be ahead for himself. To gain that information would be rather useful rather then try to ignore such valuable intel that could be used for his own survival that could be threatened by unknown enemies. He just continues walking through this molten and hot wasteland they call a ninth floor, and just nods his head patiently while feeling some misery at the fact that he is being told about survival which he already knows. Having made sure to find out about every skill that could be useful to him. Sadly he missed over on that fishing skill until that pinball boy showed him just how useful such a thing could actually be. Now that was at the bottom of his list to go about acquiring.

SO this avalanche character is a nuisance in that he can create a avalanche of some sort, and is a pushover in any other regard then? he says with a slight grin at this face that fact being rather good to know since it will allow him to handle the beast on his own with ease then. However, the lack of information on uniques is rather annoying, but one that would have to be dealt with since they are the mysteries of Aincrad at this moment. Not many knowing where they could've come from possibly. Well hopefully more uniques could come soon. More stronger players allows for clearing floors after all. he says in a happy tone of voice with a kind smile while thinking to himself. "well if anything more uniques mean more chances for me to get something to use it for myself more importantly."

Really is DPS players becoming a problem on the floors around here? Is nobody picking up tanks? He asks in a rather curious demeanor while inwardly knowing the answer. That being a rather big yes at the moment as their is more DPS then Tanks being around, or at least anybody that could be worth mentioning.

OOC- I'm sorry for lack of reply or speed in posts.  I've have a lot going on, but I'm doing my best to keep posting for you man

Itzal listened to Mars repeat what he heard, which was a little off.  He mentioned how it sounded like Avalanche could create an avalanche, but really it was Itzal's own fault.  He fought in a unique way that accidentally resulted in the ground breaking apart once Avalanche was free.  Itzal had to snowboard the rest of the way down the mountain because of it, but in reality it wasn't too bad.  Itzal chuckled.  "Sort of.  The avalanche only happened with me so far as I can tell though.  I seem to get all the unique encounters.  But yeah, Avalanche is really easy to beat in the first quest.  The second quest he's not too powerful, but his mitigation and health is a really big pain.  Especially for a one handed straight sword user like myself.  The sword arts I have aren't as powerful as others out there."  As they continued walking, Mars made a comment about DPS and tanks.  Itzal shrugged.  "Think of it this way:  In a world where it's life and death, do you really want to be taking all the hits?  We have good tanks, but there aren't many others.  And as for DPS think of it this way:  The more DPS players there are, the more overall damage is being done at boss battles, and thus Kayaba increases health and mitigation by a grand amount in order to balance things out.  Repeatedly."

@Mars

Seems like you're an unlucky fellow then Itzal if you supposedly get all these different kinds of unique bosses from simple quests. I don't think you are, but never go to one of those casinos then you'll only lose money it sounds like. He says with a grin speaking in a joking tone while not feeling anything at all for this person. Just seeing him as a person of interest and utility since a player that works on the frontlines is always ones that could feed rather interesting information. At hearing the information regarding the damage i roll my eyes internally but not externally. Wanting to appear polite at the very least. Well while you may not do the greatest amounts of damage Itzal you probably fill in a rather important roll by yourself even then if your damage isn't the greatest. After all their is more to fighting then being a giant shield, or sword striking down the foes and protecting the allies. He says in a calm tone of voice to the paladin. Well in regards to the health and mitigation issue eventually he couldn't increase it anymore, and when that happens it is most likely that something big is going to be done to the system that players will force themselves to adapt to or fail.

• 2 weeks later...

Itzal chuckled and shrugged when Mars made his comment about Itzal running into so many unique bosses.  "Well you're right in that I'd never go to a casino, but as far as the bosses go, at least it's not boring.  There's always something new to face and nothing is as expected.  Though sometimes.  They turn out worse than I could hope for."  He wasn't thinking about stat wise, but rather thinking about the boss that could shapeshift and turned into Itzal's greatest fears and hate.  It was a difficult boss to fight not by combat, but by mental war.  When Mars mentioned how he could probably fill an important roll even if his damage wasn't very great.  He sighed in response, not from exasperation or defeat though.  "Well I used to be.  People needed materials so I'd go and fetch them.  Now that the fishing skill is out however, people don't come to me anymore.  I could work as a strategist, acting as a scout and providing intel, but nobody really listens to each other on the front lines.  This game is very limiting and very unforgiving in which skills you choose, which doesn't make much sense because the system should be balanced."

@Mars

Current post:  14th

Well i guess you have a point about the bosses. They will always be a mystery for the most point until the last moment where combat will begin. With that at least it will force you front lines to work with each other then if the  whole not working with each other thing is true. he says calmly to the Paladin right by him as he continues looking around at every wondering if he will spot the familiar he is trying to find soon. Just wishing to acquire it so his build may go back to being on rails to working how he desires for it function. Upon hearing about this fishing skill he just nods his head remembering that Pinball kid that wants to duel him at some point who owns that skill, and managed to almost get them both killed during the duration of two fishing attempts. Well give it a little bit games always go through different updates and such, so if the system isn't balanced whatever balances such will do so eventually. he says with a slight shrug of his shoulder. As he gazes around at the field he spots what he wants and stops the Paladin. I see what i want. he says with a slight grin seeing a singular enemy out in the distant liger that expels flames from its body being the size of a young cub as it seems to be getting the equivalent of a drink that it can have from it being a type of fire elemental and being on this floor.

#94180  LD:19+4=23

@Itzal

Edited by Mars

OOC- Nice!  Let's wrap this thread up so you can have your familiar shall we?  :3

"That's something I'm concerned about though.  What if they don't work with each other despite the need?  I've seen multiple players try taking charge, giving orders to others.  I've seen players insulted by others who thought they were superior than everyone else as well...  Though I do have hope that they can shake off their pride and just work together.  Hope is our strongest ally in this world in my opinion.  When people let go of hope and give into despair, then they are more easily quelled."  He continued walking as Mars mentioned how he should give the system time to make an update that would balance out the scales.  Itzal chuckled.  "Well I certainly hope so."  He grinned at his own small and really weak pun.  He wasn't very good at jokes at all.  Philosophical and tactical conversations was his strong suit.  Then Mars mentioned how he spotted the familiar he wanted and Itzal grabbed Velnia, pulling her closer to him before she could dart off to see the new familiar.  All familiar's started out as monsters and he didn't want to ruin Mars' chances by having it turn hostile.  The liger seemed to be drinking from a small pool of lava at the current moment, which fitted it's element perfectly.  Itzal hoped Mars would be able to tame it.  It was always a wonder and joy to gain an ally such as a familiar along the way after all.

@Mars

Seeing the familiar he wants he quickly takes out a raw steak from his inventory, and walks on over towards the enemy slowly with a calm look staring it down as he throws the creature the steak. The liger quickly looking towards Mars as he stares back at it with crossed arms staring it dead in the eyes almost challenging it to fight him for domination of the pack. Seeing the stare the liger does the same staring down the player as it grabs the steak and moves closer while staring him down as he does the same to the Liger. Not moving a single inch, and not breaking eye contact with the fire familiar. Eventually the liger sets down the steak and quickly shoots out a powerful blaze of fire that goes right past him as he stares down at the liger. Sit, and enjoy the meal i worked to provide you. We have work to do, and lots of it for certain. he tells the familiar as the creature stares back up at the player before beginning to eat the food that it was provided. Mars grins confidently able to sense the liger's respect for his strength and courage. After the liger finishes his meal he walks on over towards the Paladin with a grin on his face as he then glances towards the liger knowing it will need a name of some type to make communication easier.

Edited by Mars

Itzal watched as Mars took out a raw steak and held it out.  If Itzal remembered correctly, he used cooked chicken for his food...  At any rate he had to hold Velnia tighter in order to keep her from attacking the slab of meat.  She loved to eat and she rarely ever stopped.  It was like trying to hold back a puppy with supernatural strength, insane energy and hyper mindset, that just saw it's favorite toy or pal...  Then add scales which his fingers could possibly slip across.  It wasn't easy that was certain.  Itzal watched as the liger stared Mars down as he stared back and moves slowly over before snatching the steak.  When it set the steak down it shot fire near Mars but he didn't move.  The player's choice of words was a bit odd for Itzal though..  'we have work to do'.  An interesting choice of words to say to a newfound familiar... The liger finally sat down and just began to enjoy it's food before Mars grinned.  Itzal patted him on the shoulder.  "Congrats man."  He then turned to Velnia.  "Promise you won't go all hypercrazy on him and I'll let you go."  Velnia made an audible sigh before he let her go.  She glided to the ground and poked her head up, clearly eager and excited to meet this new familiar.

@Mars

Well it wasn't much Itzal just a simple acquisition of a familiar. It probably wouldn't have been possible without those LD items you were able to provide me. Speaking of which take this back it belongs to you. He says as  he hands the coat that Itzal had given him for the quest back to him not needing the LD item now that he had got his familiar, and with that familiar much more will be accomplished alongside it. SO then how was your time trying to acquire that little dragon of yours? Was it as easy as this, or was it as difficult as i heard this quest can be? He asks trying to figure out if these rumors his informants tell him are true, or just little fairy tails to try and cut down the number of familiars that are out their for players to get.

As the fire familiar eats and tears into the steak he sees the dragon move closer and seems to get into a defensive stance while glaring at the creature ready to pounce if need be. The liger seemingly still within its habit of territorial protection, and aggression. Letting out a soft growl of aggression, but upon the creature growling Mars turns back and gives a cold look that makes the liger go silent as Mars just nods his head at the silence. Hmmm i still need a name for him. That will be rather difficult never have had the talent for naming things appropriately. he says out loud trying to see if the Paladin would be willing to throw a few suggestions out possibly.

Itzal shook his head at Mars' first comment.  "Nah.  Even the most emotionless of people would find it hard not to connect with a familiar.  I have to tell you, I think the system has tried to design familiar's in a way that creates a strong bond between players and familiars.  While you may see this as just a checklist completed, I see it as the start of a friendship."  When Mars mentioned how it probably wouldn't be possible without Itzal's items, which the coat he gave back to him, Itzal chuckled as he inserted the item in his inventory, then preceded to switch his outfits from Niger Natio to his Twilight Cloak.  As the coat materialized he spoke.  "Something tells me you'd find him either way to be honest.  As for my time?  Oh no, it was much harder.  The first time I found Velnia she didn't have any enhancements...  And had died not too long after when trying to save me.  I figured that since she was an ncp she would just respawn.  It took a couple trips but I eventually found her again.  She didn't remember me but that was to be expecte- ah crap."

Velnia watched as the creature had shifted to a defensive stance while also giving out a growl before Mars gave his newfound familiar a look.  Despite the creature becoming silent, Velnia had shifted to a defensive stance herself....  Kind of like a puppy with her rear up and tail flicking back and forth.  A playful look in her eye.  before she could do anything, Itzal picked her up, ignoring her cries.  "How about Alzeth?  Malek...  Brisingr?  Uuuhh, Varlex."

@Mars