[F09 - PP] <<Dagron Hunter Anthology - Dragron Hunt 9: the Ruby Hatchling>>

Spoiler

<<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 9: the Ruby Hatchling>>

This quest takes place on Floor 9.

This quest CANNOT be repeated.

You must defeat “Dagahra the Sapphire Hatchling” before attempting this quest.

=----=

After fighting the one with the lake, the last dragon hatchling was spotted in the tallest volcano in floor 9, its egg was pitch black and it was said when it hatched the heat in the area increased dramatically and lava poured out of the egg only to have the boss appear out splashing the lava inside everywhere.

=---=

=-=

Yrbg5j7_elSFwp3-qA9wZYPR7ulhjfKC-FPu4TMV

Smaug - the Ruby Hatchling

HP: 500 - MIT: 75 - ACC: 3 - EVA: 3 - DMG: 150 - Burn: 24

Abilities:

<<Pure Heat>> : The Heat emanating from this boss is far higher for the normal player to handle and will give players a -1 penalty to ACC and EVA unless the player has Survival.

=---=

Recommended Level: 35

Post Limit: 1 Page (20+)

=---=

Rewards:

2 SP - 1000 Col

<Smaug’s Ruby> [Vanity Quest Item] : 1 of 9, collect all 9 and meet whom that waits before you, only then will you get the grand prize.

The progression of the quests to slay dragonlings was progressing, but slowly. Shield almost wondered if they had been balanced correctly or not. Then again, he and @Beat had the advantage of dove-tailing off of one anothers' builds, meaning they could min-max even more than usual to end up as paragons of their archetypes. Since each new hatchling had appeared on the floor above, players had already been notified to search on the appropriate floors, and word had already trickled down through the various grapevines of Aincrad of a volcano on the ninth floor that might be what they were looking for.

Shield waited in the courtyard of the complex where both his and Beat's shops resided, as well as their storehouses and home. It was not uncommon for him to arrive earlier than his comrade, though since Beat's recent disappearance and reappearance, all of which happening without proper explanation, Shield had been a little more mindful of his whereabouts. He was home. He was just taking longer than Shield would have liked.

How long does it take to cook and eat breakfast? Unless he's buffing now, it's only vanity food anyways.

He puffed out his cheeks, holding out his hand so that Lilith could slither out onto it, but like Shielf, she was not in the best of moods, and like Beat, she was so far refusing to make an appearance. He relaxed his hand and let it fall to his side again.

Okay then, be that way.

"Floor 9!" Beat shouted as the dreary floor that was his home disappeared and was quickly replaced by a hotter, sootier sky. Beat took in a deep breath and immediately began hacking as the soot that filled the air was rejected by his lungs. 

"Oh my god why would people live here!?" He said between coughs and drawing several glances from the native inhabitants as well as a few players. Horus, meanwhile, took to the air in hopes of reaching an elevation where the soot was not quite so bad. Beat, teary eyed, but having finally stopped coughing, opened his map and quickly located the marker that indicated the location of his recently reunited partner in crime. He had been much cheerier since their last quest, having nearly forgotten what normal life in the game was like, and he approached Shield with a wave. 

"Sorry, had to eat. I know it's just vanity food, but I make enough when I cook and it seems like a waste to toss it. It's easy to take stuff like that for granted..." He said, trailing off as his mind briefly went back to the events of his summer before he decided to ask something to avoid letting Shield read too far into what he had said, "So, a volcano this time? I can't say this quest line hasn't been an interesting romp through the various floors." 

Locking in stats: 

Spoiler

[Level: 40]   [HP: 830/830]   [Energy: 80/80]   [Dmg: 15]   [Acc: 3]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 18]   [+3 LD]

- Skills -

SP: 146 | SP Used: 139 | SP Unused: 7

Equipped: 
Vanity Heavy Armor

Red Cross: +2 Bleed, +1 Keen 

Eagle's Splendor: +3 ACC

Watchful Sentry: +3 LD

Battle ready:

[1x] Antidote Crystal [ID#79037]

[1x] Basic Teleportation Crystal

[3x] Healing Crystal [ID#: 78290] [ID#79099] [ID#79100]: Heals 160 HP (Does not require Post action to use)

[4x] Swords Dance Crystal [ID#78988] [ID#79398] [ID#82811] [ID#80342]: +6 Damage for one thread (Does not require Post action to use)

[3x] Power Bars (+6 EP)

[1x] Safe Guard Potion

Edited by Beat

It was difficult not to notice the break in Beat's speech, but they had already hashed through things as much as they were likely to. When he was ready, Beat would talk. Until then, pressing him would be fruitless. He allowed the subject to change unchallenged.

"It has been, although I would personally be much happier if we were on floors that could drop loot that one of us could use," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Only certain gear is viable below floor eleven for you, and really only floor twenty one is worth it for my purposes. We'll just have to farm even harder once we're done with all of this, I suppose."

His eyes drifted up to the sky where Horus was circling overhead, riding the thermals of rising warm air that were all over the place in an environment like this one. In his sleeve, he felt Lilith retreat a little further.

He's not going to eat you, girl.

"As far as people spending time here," he went on, addressing the earlier rhetorical question, "you get used to it after a while. I've been around quite a bit on this floor. I barely even notice it anymore."

Beat's brow furrowed as he pulled a scarf out of his inventory and wraped around his head, covering his mouth to act as a filter, though it only helped to a limited degree, "I suppose I'll have to. Though I would much rather just get the quest over quickly so we can see the final part and see if this was all worth it." For all of his griping at times, Beat actually managed to enjoy himself most of the time when he and Shield were questing together. They had once been aversaries, but had come to depend on each other in the death game that was Sword Art Online.

"I hope it's a rare weapon or trinket..." Beat's eyes lit up as a possibility struck him, "You don't suppose it could be a demonic level item do you? I've never seen them drop from anytyhing other than a floor boss, but I've also never heard of a questline this long. No one has beaten this questline either, so we really don't know until we get there..." Beat trailed off, smiling widely under his scarf, wondering what the fruits of their labor would truly be.

Shield shrugged. It had been a long slog, and while he hoped it would be a useful item, he had only ever gotten one thing from quests that was very handy, and he'd had to burn some valuable items to keep it relevant. He patted the shield that hung on his forearm and turned his eyes back to the long, scorched expanse that led to the lava plains of floor nine.

"We'll just have to see," he said with a nod. "I'm interested, but I'm not holding my breath." He nodded towards the mountains and started walking, knowing that if they had read their maps properly, there was still a long way to go. "After this, we may need to make our way up to another floor so we can find something of value for our troubles. Grinding these lowbie floors is not particularly helpful to us long-term beyond the actual boss fights. Even that chest last time was some weak stuff."

Spoiler

Switching weapon: 

- Red Cross

+ Shi's Talons: AB Acc, Freezing, Paralyze

Beat folded his arms and stared up at Horus, who was still throughroughly enjoying himself, thinking on Shield's last words, "That's true, tier one items don't really cut it for us at all. My Shi's Talons would be nearly obsolete soon if it wasn't for the unique and powerful enhancements on it. You can't really beat a double stun effect like that though. It's almost unheard of in games like these." Beat chuckled as he reminisced about Crossreign again, "Would have never found anything like those in Crossreign." 

The pair of players continued to walk for what was likely hours with no sign of monsters or dark guild assailants. Shield was normally content to keep to himself and, as of late, Beat was less naturally talkative than he normally was. Eventually, they managed to reach the base of an apprently somewhat active volcano, the one they had been told was rumored to holding the what they were looking for. He looked over to his silent friend, "This looks like the place right?"

Edited by Beat

It was the right volcano alright, or at least the best fit on the poorly drafted map. It was more and more evident just how few players had information on these later quests. Still, as they crested the top of the volcano's peak and were able to gaze down into the bubbling magma, there was clearly a little creature splooshing through the stuff as if it were the previous dragon in its pool of water.With a nod, Shield steped forward onto an outcropping of stone that overlooked the bowl of the volcano, filling his lungs with stinging, sulfuric air.

"Hope you've enjoyed your swim, you little cretin, because it's time to get out and face your end!" he bashed his sword against the Manticore Mask shield, the eyes of the manticore glowing a menacing red as its Taunt ability activated to combine with his <Focused Howl.>

The little dragon proved to be as fiery in temper as in its preferences of swimming holes, because it quickly rose on its leathery wings, climbing into the air to slash at Shield with its hind legs. It, however, was the one to suffer the true damage due to Shield's thorns.

Action: Focused Howl [-8 EP]

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1261/1261: EP: 120/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 166 | BH:66 | THN: 60 | REC: 6

[H:0] Beat

Smaug HP: 500/500 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 150 | Burn: 24 - 

ID# 92021 results: Craft: 12 [Recovery Proc! +6 EN] MOB: 5 [5+3+1=9 - Hit! 150-166=1 dmg, THN: 60 dmg]

Abilities: <<Pure Heat>> : The Heat emanating from this boss is far higher for the normal player to handle and will give players a -1 penalty to ACC and EVA unless the player has Survival.

[Disregarded: Both players have Survival]

Edited by Shield

"Finally! Something to punch!" Beat shouted as he moved to flank the dragon as it came to regret its assault on the party's tank, "For such a quiet guy, my friend has quite a loud mouth when it comes to monsters, but..." Beat paused as he snatched the airborne dragon by its blazing hot tail and yanked the reptile towards him, "I pack a pretty mean punch, so make sure you dodge this!" Beat smiled as he followed to line of his pull with his strongest sword art, which connected with the scaly tyrant's face and sent it flying through the air. 

"Hah! I warned you and everything. Sheesh, no one listens to me!" Beat shouted as he saw a pleasing dip in the dragon's health bar as it righted itself and glared at him, seeming to want to attack the martial artist, but being compelled to focus on the much sturdier tank. 

Spoiler

Action: All Might + Charge

ID# 92022: BD: 5 + 4 -3 = 6 = Hit!

19 x 15 = 285 - 75 = 210

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1261/1261: EP: 108/116 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 166 | BH:66 | THN: 60 | REC: 6

[H:0] Beat - HP: 850/850 EP: 65/82 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | LD: 3

Smaug HP: 229/500 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 150 | Burn: 24

Abilities: <<Pure Heat>> : The Heat emanating from this boss is far higher for the normal player to handle and will give players a -1 penalty to ACC and EVA unless the player has Survival.

[Disregarded: Both players have Survival]

Edited by Beat

Passive: [+1 EN] 

Action: Energize > Beat [Shield: -10 EN, Beat: +8 EN]

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1260/1261: EP: 111/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 166 | BH:66 | THN: 60 | REC: 6

[H:0] Beat - HP: 850/850 EP: 65/82 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | LD: 3

Smaug HP: 180/500 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 150 | Burn: 24 - ID# 92023 results: Craft: 3 [No Recovery] MOB: 5 [5+3+1=9 - Hit! 150-166=1 dmg, THN: 60 dmg]

"Part of me feels bad," Shield said to his partner. "Even the dragon seems to know that attacking you would be smarter and more productive, but it just can't overcome that programming."

Shield, tired of having to put up his sword every time he energized another player, tried a different tactic. Instead of an open palm, he focused his attention to the tip of his sword, attempting to gather his energy there rather than needing to empty a hand to do so. The faint light of his energy pool began to gather and glow in a small sphere on the tip of his sword. He nodded with satisfaction, flicking his wrist and sending the little parcel of potential over to Beat.

"I don't know why I never thought to do that before," he wondered a loud. "That makes everything so much simpler." He shrugged, focusing hi attention on the incoming reptilian foe whose claws were once again trying to dig their way into his body. All that they managed, however, was to dig him further into his red gauge.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 92024: BD: 4 + 4 +1 -3 = 6 = Hit!
Concentration Used: 0/5

15 x 15 = 225 - 75 = 150

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1260/1261: EP: 111/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 166 | BH:66 | THN: 60 | REC: 6

[H:0] Beat - HP: 850/850 EP: 57/82 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | LD: 3

Smaug HP: 30/500 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 150 | Burn: 24

Beat laughed as he began to circle the dragon at high speed while in close range, entering and leaving its range of sight as it managed to keep up, "You know, with creatures like this in the game, they had to give us something to make this death game playable." Beat stopped for a moment as he quickly realized that his manuevering was only having a limited effect on his target. 

"This guy can really keep his eye on me, looks like I actually have to aim this time!" Beat shouted as he timed his next punch to thorw to dragon off and it seemed to work as the Dragon failed to move quite enough to avoid Beat's glowing hand as the martial artist stepped into the punch, putting his full weight behind the strike which sent the dragonling flying to the ground. 

"Che, almost..." Beat scoffed as the dragonling struggled to lift itself up with the small shard of its health bar remaining. 

Edited by Beat

Passive: [+1 EN] Battle Healing: [+63 HP]

Action: Energize > Beat [Shield: -10 EN, Beat: +8 EN]

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1264/1265: EP: 102/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 166 | BH:63 | THN: 60 | REC: 6

Smaug HP: -30/500 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | DMG: 150 | Burn: 24 - ID# 92025 results: Craft: 1 [No Recovery] MOB: 7 [5+3+1=9 - Hit! 150-166=1 dmg, THN: 60 dmg]

Despite the superior damage of the martial artist, the little dragon screeched and abandoned Beat, tearing off across the narrow battlefield towards Shield. It opened its wings wide, stretching out its hind claws to try one last time to punish Shield for the damage it had suffered.

"Mine!" Called the tank, flinging another ball of energy at Beat just as the claws touched him and immediately shattered. He let out a deep call of victory which echoed across the mountaintop before he turned back to Beat. "Looks like I didn't even have to work that time to jack your kill. Better luck next time, DPS man."

Shield allowed himself a smirk of satisfaction at having borrowed Beat's own words to tease him. Wiping the triumph off of his face, he let out a sigh. "Well, are we off to higher floors then?" he asked hopefully. "I'm about done with all of the heat."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Moving to 21st floor for remainder of thread. 

Switching weapons again: 

- Shi's Talon
+ Red Cross: Bleed 2, 1 Keen

Beat shrugged as he patted Shield on the shoulder with a grin, "Gotta give you something to do other than take punches. What kind of person would I be if I let my meat shield's morale drop too low?" He chuckled as he finished and responded to Shield's shuggestion with an enthusiastic nod, "God, yes please!" 

With that, the pair made their way back into town, and towards the center, stepping onto the platform, "Twenty one!" Beat shouted, deciding to go to the floor that would net Shield something nice, potentially, and himself something he would be able to use in a mere eight levels. With his fire to be more powerful on the frontlines burning hotter than ever, he knew his days of being in the second tier of levels were numbered. 

"Man, we should buy our houses here. there's no direct sunlight, but the plant life colors the cavern ceilings and walls in a much more interesting way. It's also not gloomy or hot...or cold...or filled with soot...or a desert...yeah, better."

Edited by Beat

Passive: [+1 EN] Battle Healing: [+63 HP]

Action: Howl [-10 EN]

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1208/1265: EP: 102/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 169 | BH:63 | THN: 57 | REC: 6

<Gem Eater 1> HP: 553/ 600 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92043 results: Craft: 5 [No Recovery] MOB: 2 [2+1+3=6 - Hit! - 183-169=14 dmg, THN: 57 dmg]
<Gem Eater 2> HP: 553/ 600 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92044 results: MOB: 6 [6+1+3=10 - Hit! - 183-169=14 dmg, THN: 57 dmg]
<Gem Eater 3> HP: 600/ 600 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92045 results: MOB: 9 [9+1+3=10 - Hit! - 183+1-169=15 dmg]
<Gem Eater 4> HP: 553/ 600 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92046 results: MOB: 5 [1+1+3=9 - Hit! - 183-169=14 dmg, THN: 57 dmg]

Shield thought over that idea as they crossed the bridge out of Tomoiko into the mines of the northern tunnels. There were certainly advantages to living higher up in Aincrad, but he did have reservations about the idea.

"I'm fine on the eleventh floor," Shield said with a nod. "At least for now. I practically live up here the rest of the time, and if I didn't emerge from the mines and caverns up here, I might never check my notifications, might never see when people need m-"

As they stepped into the first chamber, four blue distortions materialized in the air, solidifying as great, snuffling moles with raking claws. Shield flourished his sword and lowered himself into his defensive stance.

"And this is what we're really out here for, ladies and gentlemen," he growled, taking a deep breath before bellowing with all of the force of his lungs, "First real fight of the day! Come on!" Four sets of beady, black pearl eyes fixed themselves on the source of the sound, and with loud snorts, they turned their noses to the earth and punched into the solid rock with their claws, vanishing into the ground. "Heads, up, Beat! They're focusing me, but you may have a narrow window to strike."

Sure enough they each popped up out of the earth only long enough to swipe at Shield, deal their minute damage, recoil from the defensive rebound, and then immediately turned back to their burrows to try and disappear.

Edited by Shield

"How did I know think that mole monsters would be a thing here?" Beat said incredulously as the creatures struck at Shield, most of them paying for their transgressions. Beat used his usual maneuver and moved into flanking postion, taken off guard as they quickly made their way to burrow once again. 

"Oh no you don't!" He shouted as he charge his leg with energy and whipped up a fierce tornado that engulfed the mole creatures, save for one, who managed to burrow underground and narrowly avoid the ripping winds of his attacks. Two of his targets made it out less unscathed than usual, having been inflicted with a bleed status effect. 

"Been a little while since I've seen that. Feels good." Beat said, grinning at his victims as they joined their ally underground. He widened his stance as he prepared for the mole creatures' next attack, determined to catch all of them with the next one. 

Spoiler

Action: Tornado Kick + Charge | -12 EP | +1 EP

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1208/1265: EP: 102/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 169 | BH:63 | THN: 57 | REC: 6

[H: 2/1/1/0] Beat - HP: 850/850 EP: 55/82 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | LD: 3

<Gem Eater 1> HP: 429/ 600 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92062: BD: 10 + 3 = 13 = Crit + 2 [DMG: 126 + 24 bleed/rnd for 2 rounds]
<Gem Eater 2> HP: 439/ 600 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92063: BD: 6 + 3 = 9 = Hit [DMG: 114]
<Gem Eater 3> HP: 486/ 600 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92064: BD: 8 + 3 = 11 = HIt [DMG: 114 + 24 Bleed/rnd for 2 rounds] 
<Gem Eater 4> HP: 553/ 600 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92065: BD: 1 + 3 = 4 = Miss 

Edited by Beat

Action: Parry [-5 EN]

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1235/1265: EP: 105/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 169 | BH:63 | THN: 57 | REC: 6

[H: 2/1/1/0] Beat - HP: 850/850 EP: 55/82 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | LD: 3

<Gem Eater 1> HP: 324/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 1/2] - ID# 92067 results: Craft: 10 [Recovery Proc +6 EN] MOB: 9 [9+1+3=10 - Hit! - Parry Proc - 183+1/2-169=1 dmg, Riposte: 91 dmg]
<Gem Eater 2> HP: 392/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92068 results: MOB: 3 [3+3+1=7 - Hit! 183-169=57 dmg, THN: 14 dmg]
<Gem Eater 3> HP: 472/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 1/2] - ID# 92069 results: MOB: 1 [Miss]
<Gem Eater 4> HP: 563/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92070 results: MOB: 9 [9+1+3=10 - Hit! - 183+1-169=15 dmg]

It was a relief to see a bleed effect trigger rather than a freeze effect. Although it had its place, if Shield wasn't being hit, he wasn't contributing much to the fight. It was also a hopeful measure to continue racking up damage on those who might slip away without taking his defensive damage. He nodded his approval before turning back to the fight. Although, at the moment, with the rodents scampering back underground, there was not much to focus on. All he could manage was to take a defensive stance and wait for an enemy to get close enough to fall on his blade.

The ground around him rumbled nearly constantly. There were, after all, four person-sized tunnelers rooting around in the ground by his feet. Still, it gave him some clues as to when attacks might come. As the rocks by his feet began to dance on the floor of the tunnel, he pulled back his sword arm, and as soon as the first mole leaped out of the stone floor, Shield's sword was there to meet it. Still, without a way to see them, their accuracy seemed to have improved, being able to pick spots and angles that Shield might not be able to protect. His health remained unchanged, but it meant seeing attacks come in and slip past his thorns without taking damage.

"Beat, these guys seem to think they can attack us without getting hurt. Clear up that misconception."

Edited by Shield

"Pff screw that! Everyone knows there are consequences for everything!" beat said with a smile, always one to enjoy the duo's banter as they picked enemy groups apart. "For example..." Beat started as his left leg began to glow with a familiar lumunescence that even the enemies had grown to recognize as a sign of things to come, "when I do THIS!" Beat whipped up his signature Tornado Kick technique which began to shred their enemies as it often did, "You guys get stuck in this tornado of mine! SCIENCE!"

Damn, still missed one!

Beat glared as a single mole creature managed to escape his attack, "Man, it's too bad my Shi's Talon isn't as good for farming, that accuracy boost is really noticable sometimes." He glanced up at his energy bar momentarily before returning his attention to the battlefield, knowing that, while he was in no immediate danger, he wanted to make sure nothing came up. For all he knew, the rules changed at the third tier and, with his life on the line, he wasn't taking chances. 

Spoiler

Action: Tornado Kick

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1235/1265: EP: 102/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 169 | BH:63 | THN: 57 | REC: 6

[H: 3/2/1/1] Beat - HP: 850/850 EP: 44/82 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | LD: 3

<Gem Eater 1> HP: 234/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 2/2] - ID#92072: BD: 8 + 3 = 11 = Hit [90 dmg + 24 bleed/rnd for 2 rnds]
<Gem Eater 2> HP: 302/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID#92072: BD: 7 + 3 = 10 = Hit [90 dmg]
<Gem Eater 3> HP: 472/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 1/2] - ID#92072: BD: 1 + 3 = 4 = miss
<Gem Eater 4> HP: 473/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 2/2] - ID#92072: BD: 8 + 3 = 11 = Hit [90 dmg + 24 bleed/rnd for 2 rnds]

Edited by Beat

Action: Parry [-5 EN]

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1222/1265: EP: 101/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 169 | BH:63 | THN: 57 | REC: 6

[H: 3/2/1/1] Beat - HP: 850/850 EP: 44/82 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | LD: 3

<Gem Eater 1> HP: 118/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 1/2] - ID# 92077 results: Craft: 4 [No Recovery] MOB: 10 [10 - Hit! - Parry Proc - 183+2/2-169=1 dmg, Riposte: 92 dmg]
<Gem Eater 2> HP: 245/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92078 results: MOB: 7 [7+3+1=11 - Hit! 183-169=14 dmg, THN: 57 dmg]
<Gem Eater 3> HP: 391/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 0/2] - ID# 92079 results: MOB: 5 [5+1+3=9 - Hit! - 183-169=14 dmg, THN: 57 dmg]
<Gem Eater 4> HP: 392/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 1/2] - ID# 92080 results: MOB: 4 [4+1+3=8 - Hit! - 183-169=14 dmg, THN: 57 dmg]

"Only a matter of time," Shield said in response to the single missed mole creature. "Everything has its time. These ones just happened to have called the clock early by attacking us."

He was beginning to notice patterns in their attacks. As they would come in to strike, the same one always seemed to lead the charge, and he seemed to favor the left side. Shield prepared his retort, sword at the ready. The attack came quicker than he had anticipated, the claws striking up at him from out of the ground, sneaking past the edge of his shield. The more could not completely sneak past his blade though, and as it impaled itself through the chest, its fellows each tried and failed to emulate its successful maneuver around Shield's thorns.

The first, with the sword still in its belly, dropped down into the red portion of its health bar, while yet another had hit the yellow. Shield tried to run the numbers in his head, but either way, they would take a few more swings, and with Beat's attacks drawing him more and more focus, he would need to step up and pull focus again very soon.

Edited by Shield

Beat continued to maneuver around the battlefield at high speed, his image blurring as he studied the Gem Eaters' attack patterns as they continued to futily attack the tank. 

I keep missing one, to either they are constantly getting lucky, I'm off my game, or it's by design...

He studfied each of them, quickly noticing that two of them had been benefiting the most from the situation, each of them being nearly half health. To his dismay, he could not say he had figured out how they were managing such a feat so far and he wasn't prepared to take a wild guess when the situation, despite setbacks, was nowhere near dire. 

"Alright, time to do some research!" He said as he sent yet another tornado towards the group, once again only catching one of them. This time, however, he could tell that the one who was on death's door was eyeing him much sooner than the others. 

Almost like a warning beacon for the others...

Spoiler

Action: Tornado Kick

Concentration CD: 4/5

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1222/1265: EP: 101/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 169 | BH:63 | THN: 57 | REC: 6

[H: 3/2/1/1] Beat - HP: 850/850 EP: 33/82 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | LD: 3

<Gem Eater 1> HP: 28/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 2/2] - ID# 92089 - BD: 8 + 3 = 11 = Hit [DMG: 90 + 24 bleed/rnd for 2 rnds]
<Gem Eater 2> HP: 143/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 2/2] ID# 92090 - BD: 10 + 3 = 14 = Crit +2 [DMG: 102 + 24 bleed/rnd for 2 rnds] 
<Gem Eater 3> HP: 301/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92091 - BD: 5 + 3 = 8 = Hit [DMG: 90] 
<Gem Eater 4> HP: 392/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 1/2] - ID# 92092 - BD: 2 + 3 = 5 = Miss

Edited by Beat

Action: Parry [-5 EN]

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1222/1265: EP: 92/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 169 | BH:63 | THN: 57 | REC: 6

[H: 4/3/2/1] Beat - HP: 850/850 EP: 33/82 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | LD: 3

<Gem Eater 1> HP: -124/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 1/2] - ID# 92093 results: Craft: 1 [No Recovery] MOB: 6 [6+1+3=10 - Hit! -Parry Proc- 183/2-169=1 dmg, THN: 57 dmg, Riposte: 183/2=91 dmg]
<Gem Eater 2> HP: 62/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 1/2] - ID# 92094 results: MOB: 6 [6+1+3=10 - Hit! - 183-169=14 dmg, THN: 57 dmg]
<Gem Eater 3> HP: 244/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92095 results: MOB: 8 [8+1+3=12 - Hit! - 183-169=14 dmg, THN: 57 dmg]
<Gem Eater 4> HP: 311/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 0/2] - ID# 92096 results: MOB: 3 [3+1+3=7 - Hit! - 183-169=14 dmg, THN: 57 dmg]

Rolling Loot - Gem Eater 1:

ID# 92097 LD:5+2=7 CD:11 1,830 Col, 2 T3 Materials

Shield watched as Beat stood back, taking a wider perimeter around the fight than usual. He could see that the other player was running low on energy, but he doubted that was the reason. He had seen Beat empty his energy completely before backing off in fights, and he doubted that this fight would be any different. Regardless, he had a fresh wave of snuffling mole monsters burrowing towards him, and he needed to be ready.

That first one seems about ready to pop.

As the attack triggered, Shield responded, slicing cleanly through the attack and then through the entire mole. The beast split in half and burst apart, showering Shield with light and then was gone completely. The others bounced off of Shield more than attacked him, scrambling back and away as their formation broke. Immediately, the creatures began scrambling at the ground to submerge themselves again.

"That rattled them! Beat, see what you can do!"

Edited by Shield

"Nice kill!" Beat shouted, pleased to see Shield's more offensive approach to tanking paying off, "It's good to see you doing some damage. What skill is that?" He added as he charged towards the group of scrambling mole men, who seemed rather disoriented by the loss of the early detection device. 

"Let's see how you do without your first mate looking out for you!" he shouted as he made a quick spin and let the winds spin around him before launching the whirlwind at the mole creatures. The artificial natural disaster ripped one of the creatures into red, pixelated shreads as it inflicted bleed on another, however, keeping with the theme of the fight, the last mole managed to burrow away just in time to avoid Beat's assault.

"that one has to be the leader. It is so much quicker to react to my attack than all of the others." He said, his brow furrowed in frustration.

Spoiler

Action: Tornado Kick | -12 EP, +1 EP

Concentration used on ID#92098

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1222/1265: EP: 92/122 | DMG: 1 | EVA: -1 | MIT: 169 | BH:63 | THN: 57 | REC: 6

[H: 4/5/3/1] Beat - HP: 850/850 EP: 22/82 | DMG: 15 | MIT: 18 | ACC: 3 | LD: 3

<Gem Eater 1> HP: -124/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 
<Gem Eater 2> HP: 62/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - [Bleed 24 - 1/2] - ID# 92098 - BD: 2 + 3 +1 = 6 = Hit [DMG: 90]
<Gem Eater 3> HP: 142/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92099 - BD: 10 + 3 = 13 = Crit +2 [DMG: 102 + 24 Bleed/rnd for 2 rnds]
<Gem Eater 4> HP: 311/ 610 | DMG: 183 | ACC: 3 - ID# 92101 - BD: 2 + 3 = Miss

Loot for Gem Eater 2: ID#92098: LD: 3+3+1 = 7 CD: 6 = 610 col + 1830 col + 1 T3 Mat 

Total Loot: 

4270 col

3 T3 Mats

Edited by Beat