[PP-F4] «Feeding the Enemy» Snow Fur Fun

LF > Help with «Feeding the Enemy»

"Sent I hope people come." Kaya says as she pulls her coat closer to her face. She never been to this floor before so she never really had any idea just how cold it got. The only reason she's hear is cause she wants to get a specific familiar. A Snow Ferret to be exact. She's always one of those balls of fur and this game was a great way to get one. That said, she had heard that you could tame one on this floor. The only problem was finding one. Their furs help them blend into their snowy backgrounds it's almost impossible to find, unless with help. That said, Kaya began to pace back and forth in front of the portal, trying to keep warm and also trying to keep her mind from wandering off into abysmal places. Every few minutes she looked to portal hoping someone's come looking for her, but as she raises her head to look, she notices people somewhat talking about her. It made sense, she was acting somewhat paranoid, but this was an important quest to her.

@Kimi @Teion @Morgenstern

Edited by Kaya

Kimi was looking for something to do at the quest bulletin board when she got a message from Kaya. "«Feeding the Enemy» huh. I've never been to the fourth floor. Might as well check it out while i'm helping Kaya." She thought while reading the message. Its been some time while she was out doing a quest. Not only that, but if they do get into a fight Kimi wanted to try out her new armor. As she casually made her way to the portal in Town of Beginnings she checked her To Do List to see if there was anything else she might be able to accomplish while out. "Ohh right i'm out of materials for crafting. I can do that on the side." Kimi went through the portal still going down the list. As she entered, she was greeted by ice cold weather and a white landscape. Instantly she brought her arms across her chest to keep herself warm while quickly going through her inventory to swap to a jacket or coat. Kimi scanned the area to see if she could spot Kaya and to no surprise she saw her redhead friend in the mural of white. "Kaya~~!" Kimi yelled childishly as she waved toward her friend.

Edited by Kimi

"Hmm~" Telrenya hummed lightly as she looked over a bulletin board filled with requests from other players. The woman had told her guildmates she would be preoccupied for a few days with stocking up on materials and other busy work, so she hadn't felt so wasteful about using a couple of the vanity potions she had collected during her uninterrupted time to be 'Erin'. The normally-blonde hair that hung over her shoulders was now a raven black, and chocolate brown eyes had been modified to a dull green. The hood of her light armor set was pulled up as always, but the silver mask that normally covered her face was resting in her hands while she scanned over the list of messages pulled up in front of her.

One in particular caught her eye--someone tackling the quest for a familiar on the fourth floor. Telrenya only frowned in thought for a moment before nodding her head in a silent decision, slipping the thin metal back over her facial features before turning on her heel towards Delilah's teleport plaza.

She reached Snowfrost in a matter of minutes, her eyes scanning the area for the player who had posted the request. She didn't have to look long or far before spotting two girls sporting brightly-colored hair, the only ones around that seemed to be waiting for something. A bit apprehensive at the thought of a group excursion, Telrenya moved forward regardless and approached the pair. "Are...one of you the person who asked for help with the familiar quest?"

The blond stood on the first floor, playing himself off as one of the lower leveled players to avoid attracting too much attention and not to scare the players off. Players became weary why stronger players come down to this floor. He was currently on guild work, hoping to help any players that he could find. If they seemed to like him and working with them he would ask them about the Ascendants. If they said they liked it, he would recommend them to apply. If they didn't well when they parted, they would part as friends. That is how most cases ended up going. He had just begun his day, wearing his hood high and ducking into an inn to change in the bathroom. He scrolled through his items, pulling out a white cloak, lower leveled combat pants, and his Tier one sword, Zodiark. He then equipped his Finding stone, increasing his luck and vision. Finally, he grabbed the Alfa Infusion Vanity potion. 

Consuming the potion, he stared into the mirror watching the changes to his physical form that would last for the rest of the day. At midnight, he would return to normal appearance, as if he were Cinderella. The potion shimmered over his body like a glaze. His features became more harp and angles, his ears pointing a bit, but not supremely noticeable. He kept the same layout appearance, his blond hair, his green eyes, but each feature seemed more sharp, giving him a sense of elegance and true beauty. 

He immidiately moved to the notice board, where he would find if any players were requesting help. He found one today, which in most cases he didn't. It was from a player named Kaya, who wanted to be accompanied to find a familiar. He nodded. "This one should be good" Thanks to the potion, his voice was more melidous. He moved to the Teleport Plaza, instantly warping to Snowfrost town. Following the given coordinates. He raised his hood, hiding his pointed ears and moved gracefully through the snow, the freshly fallen ones dampening his white cloak. He soon seen his player wanting assistance, but found two players had already arrived on the seen. He looked upon the scene with an O of a mouth. 

@Kaya @Telrenya @Kimi

The back and forth pacing didn't really last long as Kimi, the rougette's somewhat being close friend managed to show up first. She had yell at Kaya which broke her spell like state and cracked a smile on Kaya's face. It was nice to see a friendly face in this death game. Especially for quest such as this. "Kimi!" She yelled out in returned as she also waved her hands in the air childishly. It has been some time since the two paired up for another quest. Well, almost a week so you could say it's been some time. Kimi managed to get stronger since then, hopefully Kaya had managed to keep up.

As the two continued on with their little reunion, a mysterious hooded figure appeared just a few distance away from the two. Caught of guard by the player's edgy appearance, Kaya was taken aback as first. "Y-yes." She wasn't really sure about the player's intentions, but they says 'The more the merrier.' She eventually managed to pull herself together to push out some words. "Will you be joining us?" Kaya gave the stranger a hopeful grin in hopes that they would join.

Before the stranger could manage to answer Kaya spots another peculiar player a few feet behind the stranger. This player a shiny. As he stepped out of the portal, this guy's white cloak sparkled bright like a diamond. His blond hair didn't help either as she he slowly stepped towards the three who had gathered already right in front of the town's portal. "Is this another potential party member I see?" Kaya thought as an eager was plastered on her face.

As she awaited for the two, kaya flicks open her inventory and took out a cookie, a Chocolate Chip Cookie of Finding to be exact. If she was gonna do this quest, she was gonna do it right, with all the buffs.

Chocolate Chip Cookie of Finding [+3 LD]

@Kimi @Telrenya @Morgenstern

Edited by Kaya

It took some time for Kimi to adjust to the cold weather. In fact this is the first time she was in real snow and not just the ice clumps she normally sees. Well the fact that this isn't "real" snow was something to keep in mind, but while she is stuck in this death game it might as well be real. As she reunited with her friend Kaya, her attention was brought to two people who just stepped out of the portal behind her. A girl who was probably a little older than her based on appearance, and a sharp blond man who followed in last. As Kaya asked them if they we're joining Kimi went on to check her equipment if everything was in order. "You can never be too careful or more prepare." She thought to herself. Kimi was just about to mention getting ready to Kaya, but it seemed she was already preparing herself. "Im ready whenever you are." Kimi said cheerfully

@Telrenya @Morgenstern @Kaya

Edited by Kimi

The one who had addressed her seemed hesitant, almost nervous by her appearance. She really shouldn't have been surprised. After all, the two girls standing across from her looked to be young, or at least not much older than herself if they were, and although they were dressed well enough for the cold temperatures of the wintry floor they had not gone to such lengths to conceal their appearances. She really was the one out-of-place here. As Kaya prompted her for a confirmation of her joining, Telrenya nodded, folding her hands over her lap as she offered the two girls a polite bow. "Yes, I'd be happy to, if you'd like to have me along." She hoped that her warm tone might do well to thaw some of the tension that her arrival brought along.

Kaya's attention had turned while she addressed someone past Telrenya, causing the masked woman to turn and catch sight of the blonde stranger that looked to the trio with intrigue. The girl had made mention of him joining as well, and Telrenya couldn't help the sense of unease that crept over her at the thought of being a part of a sizeable party for such an excursion. Reminding herself that she would need to get used to such interaction if she had any hopes of joining the frontlines.

The blond gazed upon the trio of players, his bright tinted green eyes gazing with curiosity. From his angle of view, he managed to make out that two of the women appeared to already seem familiar. He could tell in stances of players as he had learned that in his time in the death game. The third player had an entire combat get up on, adorning a cloak with a dark cloak and a mask that concealed their face from view. From the structure and physical attributes, he could tell this player was also female. He could make out a few strands of dark hair coming and lying across her shoulders in strands. He smiled, bringing himself further into contact and not in an awkward silence. He stepped in closer, not quickly enough to cause alarm. The two familiar girls appeared wary of the third masked woman. He smiled, chuckling at the inside. Each of the players here had their own secrets, but his and the masked womans were stated clear and plain. She hid her face. He made an illusion of his face, came off as a low to id leveled player, and would soon not give out his full identity. 

As the initiative player questioned his presence as a sign of another member, he laughed. Thanks to Alfa Infusion, his laugh had a more melodious sound to it, like the light sound of chiming bells if they went to the rhythm of innocent cheer. With a courteous smile he looked to the red haired party leader. "You may consider me a tag-a-long if it pleases you to consider it. I will accompany you and see you through with your quest, but I won't be accepting party invites to interfere with your rewards" His tone was light and cheery thanks to the potion. 

He turned his gaze on the two players he had yet to address. "Greetings to you both. May the journey be pleasant" He now turned to each of them and stated plainly, "Refer call Morgen, Please" 

@Kaya @Kimi @Telrenya

OOC:  Sorry long week. and I'm also gonna be traveling for the next few weeks so idk how often I can post, but I'll try. :)

Kaya flicked her fingers in the air once more as she quickly looked through her inventory once more, eventually taking our a little scroll and quickly activating it. It didn't long for music to surround the group. It was beautiful music that casually switched between fiery hot music to cool calming music. It was as if a classical master piece that could only be made by grandmaster, but this time it was made by Itzal.

As the music played along, Kaya heard the mysterious girl's answer. She was sure there to help with the quest. Although of questionable character, Kaya felt like she could trust the edgy woman. That said, the same thing could be said for the blond one also, but for some reason he was against joining the party. Thinking that maybe he'll change his mind later, Kaya flicks her fingers in the air and sends all 3 players a party invite. "You sure you don't wanna join the party?" Kaya questioned the blond one as she sent him a party request against his idea. "Come on it'll be fun." She gave the blond one a warm smile. "Right, anyways, well let's get going then." Not wanting to push the subject some more she switched subjects to lead the group out the gate.

As they trudged through the snow, the group was quiet. No one was really talking except for Kaya and Kimi. Wanting to break the ice a bit, "So I never really introduced myself not did I? I'm Kaya." She spoke before realizing that everyone in the party can easily tell that her name was Kaya. She looked to the two people new to kaya and introduced Kimi. "So this is Kimi, we've partied up a lot since we started this death game. How about you guys?" Kaya looked to the two in hopes that they'd answer. Her eyes wide open, it was like a puppy dog asking for something he wanted.

A Song of Fire and Ice [+1 LD to taming familiars]

OOC: Been busy all week, It might still be busy for me with Christmas and New Years just around the corner, but i fit in posting now.

It wasn't long until the group started making their way though the snow. Kimi honestly had no idea where she was headed, but she wanted to help anyway she could. As for the two that followed behind her and Kaya; She wasn't sure how to start a conversation with them. "Ohh right. I've been so busy with catching up with Kaya that i forgot to introduce myself." Kimi thought while they were just about to begin their journey into the frozen wasteland. Right as she was about to open her mouth Kaya spoke for her and introduced herself as well as Kimi. Kimi continued to say "It really nice of you to join us by the way. The two of us really appreciate it." She said with a wide welcoming smile. Kimi let the question rest for a bit so they can reply all the while slowing her pace to get an answer.

Telrenya felt a small wave of relief when the blonde respectfully declined the offer to join a party, allowing her to do the same without appearing any more suspicious--she hoped, at least. After pressing 'decline' on the invitation that had displayed in front of her avatar, she raised her right hand and gave a small wave back and forth in front of her, adding her own sentiment. "If you don't mind, I'll stay out of a party as well." Her voice hinted an apologetic tone.

With names being exchanged, and realizing she had yet to offer her own, the same hand placed itself over her heart and her upper body dipped forward into a bow towards the other players. "Erin, pleased to meet you all." She said in a pleasant tone. She followed after Kaya and Kimi, the two players who were already familiar with one another, while the former led the way out of Snowfrost and into the wintry fields past the safe zone. Though she hadn't yet invested any skill points into the Survival skill that sat unlocked and available in her menus, the armor the covered the entirety of her avatar provided at least some respite from the biting cold winds. "Of course, happy to help." Telrenya responded when Kimi expressed her gratitude. "I could really use some more materials from around here, so I have reason to be out here anyway." She explained with a half-chuckle.

ID#: 92664 | LD: 6 - nothing

The elfed blond stood, peering at the three women in front of him. Following his example, the masked player also declined the invitation to party. This aroused a bit of suspicion to Jonathan himself, but was a bit more settled that he himself had decided to come. His current look and equipment made him look the same leveled as the two partied girl, Kaya and Kimi. Kaya played a song, the song itself unfamiliar, but the way the music was played was very familia. He had spent hours before watching Itzal make music, and the blond himself had actually helped him a bit if he needed a piano into the song. The game heeded his natural skill, but he could still do it, but was forced to do it without the game's assistance. A smile moved to his face before realizing Kaya had turned upon him, ensuring that he was positive about not wanting to be in the party. 

"No, that is alright" He assured her, his potion-provoked cheery tone enhanced to make it seem more enchanting the player's ears. "Interfering with your rewards would be rather unwanted on my part. Please, I will just tag-a-long. I'll just watch and see for when I get to doing the quest!" There was no hint of deception in his tone. He gazed upon the masked player who introduced herself as Erin. A name to call a masked person was as futile was giving a fish a submarine. He had nothing to put the name too. He sighed, lamost missing Kaya's sentence about her and Kimi being close. They began to walk out, and he followed in the back, trodding through the snow in the coldest floor. 

• 3 weeks later...

Kaya was somewhat taken aback at the fact that no one wanted to join the party. She wasn't really sure why the two didn't want to join, but the rougette still kept trudging on through the snow. As they pressed forward, the fact that they didn't want to join continued to linger in Kaya's mind. Was it cause Kimi and her were low levels? If so, why even bother joining the group for the hunt. In that moment, Kaya's eyes widen as her mind regressed into darkness. "Could they be after Kaya and Kimi's lives?!" Kaya thought as she still pressed for ward, the two high levels right behind the two noobies. "Of all the things to happen, getting PKed was the farthest from her mind. She completely forgot that was a thing. Kaya kept her guard up as the group pushed forward.

As the group continued  their hunt for the snow ferret Kaya was in search for, the snow began to thicken. As they pressed forward, the snow fell harder and faster. It was like something was intentionally trying to stop the group from pressing any farther. "Could it be the familiar itself? or could it just be the game environment just messing with them?" Kaya's thoughts wandered as she and the rest struggled through the thick snow storm.

Edited by Kaya

Kimi wasn't too excited for the snow, but she wanted to be as much help as she can to her friend. As they went though the snow it was apparent that the snow would keep on getting thicker and would be harder to go through. Kimi thought a little bit about the familiar and if she would want one also. Kimi pulled her coat tighter as they went along. The chill was piercing through the coat with ease, but it is better than nothing. She was quite amazed in how the game could perform such an accurate feeling of chill. It was either that or it was all in her head. The floor couldn't really be more bland. Aside from their footprints being left in the snow, some trees, and the occasional beast passing by nothing changed in scenery. She wasn't even fully aware of what they are looking for. She really just hopped onto the party train without much thought behind it.

ID# 93715 results: no mats found

Loot: 5 - nothing

@Telrenya

Edited by Kimi

(Have been told to Skip Tel) (Also, how do you figure Im higher leveled already, I am wearing Tier One equipment! XD)

After he had spoke, silence took on the players, and Kaya set out in front of the pack. They traveled a good bit before a harsh snowstorm came rushing in, hitting him in the face  with snow. He wasn't wearing his heavy armor, so he wasn't sinking n the snow, and he was used to having to use excess strength to keep up the wight of his armor. Pushing through snow wasn't that much different. He pushed through the snow, appearing to be better at it than the other three. "Hopefully this dies down here soon!" He said, his voice almost a melody itself. He wasn't sure of the potions effect on his voice and laugh. it changed his voice a bit, but sounded more like happiness than he wanted to sometimes. When he got back to the inn, he would test saying something mean and harsh. "This storm is peculiar. I haven't been pushed back by it since-" He purposely let his voice drown out. They can't know that he had taken down Absolute Zero, even if it was with Itzal and Aster. Aster was lower leveled, but a Tank and scout/DPS were by her side. 

@Kaya

(OOC: instincts of the prey? xD)

Kaya pushed through the thicket and through the intensely growing storm. She couldn't see the end of it all, but she was determined to find a familiar. That said, after a few more steps forward, the storm suddenly stopped as a clearing came into view of the group. At the center of the clearing stood a small furry creature, digging through the snow, as if looking for something. "Ah found it!" Kaya exclaimed as she began to rush towards it and eventually slowing down as she got nearer. In hand, she held some leftover crackers from her shop. "Hey buddy, wanna come join us in adventures?" Kaya spoke, trying to tame the little critter. As she got closer, however, the little guy didn't seem all too friendly. It raised it's head and began to slowly back away from Kaya as she slowly made her way forward. Maybe this one just wasn't the one, but the rougette didn't want to give up. As she crept closer, the creature eventually went into an offensive stance. Taken aback, Kaya backed off from the creature. "Guess this guy's gonna be trouble." With that thought in mind, Kaya backed off letting the creature run back into the thick forest. "I want him." Kaya's eyes sparkled with determination.

ID# 93922 results: Battle: 3 Craft: 8 Loot: 13 (Roll 4 + Item 3 + Consumable 3 + Unique 2 + Song 1) MOB: 9   Found, but let go

Edited by Kaya

Seeing how Kaya approached the beast was interesting. She hasn't seen someone trying to tame or get close to a beast in the game. It really peaked Kimi's interest, but she kept that to herself. While she was busy with that Kimi thought of looking around for anything that might come in handy. As the wind picked up Kimi went though her inventory to find anymore cloths of layers she could add because it was getting a bit to cold for her. Even though Kimi loved the cold this was on a different level. As she kicked though the layers of snow trying to see if she could see some green, she hit a fairly hard rock. When she picked it up to throw it somewhere else, It turned out what she kicked was a frozen herb that was just hard as a rock because of the cold. Kimi placed it in her inventory for later use and went back to the group.

ID# 93958 results:

Loot: 15 

T1 Material found

@Telrenya

Edited by Kimi

Despite the mask covering her face, Telrenya instinctively brought a hand up to shield her face from the harsh winds filled with snowfall. Her brows knit together and she frowned in discomfort behind her disguise, feeling her skin tingle with the touch of the icy gusts that cut through her light armor. Without her Survival skill active, the full feeling of the cold nipped at her and left her almost regretting venturing outside of Snowfrost.

She attempted to scan the area for any hidden ores, wintry herbs, or other things of interest scattered among the ground while Kaya was on the lookout for a creature of her liking. Unable to spot anything of interest herself, it seemed the pink-haired player had slightly better luck. Telrenya stopped and watched patiently while she tried to approach the small monster, but when it reared back and skittered back into the forest the faux-noirette frowned. The reaction soon turned into a chuckle when she caught Kaya's words, however, and she shifted her weight. "She we follow after that one? Or do you want to try looking for another one like it?" She asked.

ID#: 94072 | LD: 7 - nothing

@Morgenstern

• 2 weeks later...

As they ventured forward, Jonathan grew quite bored. He should have guessed that coming to help lower leveled players wouldn't involve much action as the fact that nothing on the floor, except for other high leveled players of course, could hurt him. The allies at his side had no idea of his identity, and from his display of equipment and act, should believe him to be as low leveled as him. This way, they would not be afraid of him or try to get them to give them items or col. Where life and death are concerned, anybody would do anything to get an upperhand at surviving. It was a constant race for survival where every tactic was to be used. There was players who used intelligence to trick others into getting things and items that they wanted. It was a shameful act, but many found shame the better option then death. He sighed, following the others on the frost-ridden path. 

As they continued on, he watched Kaya suddenly rush forward from the group. His eyes narrowed, and his legs widened as he placed his hand on the handle of his sword. He untensed once he had realized the woman had run for a small furry creature. She seemed to try and converse with it, but it ran away despite the food and kindness shown. Erin wondered if they should go after or stop here. "After it of course, we can't let it get away, especially if we have a trail leading towards it. We best go quickly if we are to keep this trail though!" He spoke in a trill voice to the group. 

@Kaya

Kaya eyes burned with determination as she turned to the mysterious player clad in black. "What morgen said. I've decided to make him mine." Kaya said as she smashes her right hand into her left palm. Her eyes filled to the brim with a fiery resolve. She wanted that little creature. It was perfect. She was fluffy and cute and fluffy and... well what more could you want? As the group gathered in the little safehaven from the thick snowfall, Kaya looked to everyone as she bowed her head. "Sorry to annoy you guys some more, but please help me tame that ball of fluff." Kaya never really asked for help as much as she did for this quest. I mean, she could do this quest alone, but that's too lonely. Who wants to be out here in the cold unforgiving wilderness alone with no one to talk to? Kaya paused for a moment as she's reminded of a particular alchemist who lived out there in the cold unforgiving wilderness, alone.

Snapping back to the present. Kaya's head still hung low as she waited for everyone else's response.

@Kimi