PP-F10) Wails of the Past (Kasier)

Breathing a sigh, he looked for any sort of lever that could turn off the door, he shook his head in defeat. "To hell with it all and you Kayaba" A ping would be heard. A sound that would make him facepalm. The messenger could provide a link between him and Kasier. He should've already thought of that. Hastily moving through the message he would send a return message before coming up with an idea. "If I can't cling to hope, at least I can to a shield" Equipping his shield as a vanity item, he would rush at the door. It would begin its close as he began his slide. His body skidded across the ground. The door came down, preparing to impale through his body with its large iron spikes  at the bottom. Just before it brought upon certain death, he brought its shield up, the metal preventing the door from finishing its close and forcing it to begin to ascent. He finished his way through the doorway, a sigh of achievement escaping through his lips. Giving himself only a couple of seconds of break, he began forward again, finding two different ways to go. He could continue going the same direction, or move down a similar alley, not including the crushing door. 'That's where Kasier is' he told himself. Unequipping his shield he began to run down the alley itself. 

@Kasier

To: Kasier

I think i'm getting close hold out just a bit longer okay? Were not on the final sands in your hourglass yet.... You might not have the skill,  but try hiding. 

Kasier could hear the wails getting closer and closer, until they were practically right against her. She could see or hear no signs of Jonathan, which means she might have to start the fight with the Banshee by herself. This wasn't ideal, as Kasier was not the best fighter. She can take a few hits against weaker enemies, but she wasn't sure how strong this banshee would be with such a heavy reward in Col if she was to defeat her. Kasier took a deep breath and prepared to howl when suddenly she realized that the Banshee could not see her. She was standing perfectly still, and although the Banshee could sense where her general direction, she couldn't pinpoint it. She was slowly looking around, trying to catch a trace of where Kasier could be. Good, I can wait until Jonathan comes about. She thought.

Just as that thought popped into her head, she heard a notification. Oh crap, I forgot to turn it off. Kasier thought, immediately closing the message without reading it. She checked back at the Banshee who she was able to make out in the darkness. Those dreadful eyes - glowing red, and no content within were staring deeply into her eyes, as if they can see beyond not only her eyes, but the fear that lay deep within her. Her long black hair flew in the air, as if it was unaffected by gravity, or any sort of attack that Kasier could launch at her. Kasier braced herself, anticipating an attack, and an attack did come. "Over here!" Kasier screamed, raising her shield high. The next thing she saw was the Banshee launching towards her.

@Morgenstern

(Jonathan can be a hero here by jumping in front of the attack and hitting her or something.)

(I already had a plan)

Jonathan sprinted forward, hurtling up the stairs. Why there was stairs within the jail he didn't know. As he charged upward, he heard Kasier give a defiant yell, most likely to a monster that would  be found in front of her. He began to hurtle the stairs two steps at a time. He finally reached the top, the outlines of the Banshee and Kasier being seen. The Banshee was leaping now at Kasier! He reached forward grabbing the boss by her crusty dry hair. As he did, the monster would let out a blood curdling screech, the one with the ability to paralyze players. It would cause Kasier to become paralyze, but luckily for Jonathan he was immune to that bullcrap. He stepped back, the heel of his foot sinking into the ground randomly. A pressure lpate would click, turning all of the stairs he climbed into one giant slide all the way down to where the boss started. He would pull the Banshee back and himself forward, causing her to fall in and him to not. 

A screech would be heard as she tumbled down the new slide. Running and kneeling to the paralyzed Kasier, he would say in a hushed voice, "Are you alright? I got here as quick as I could" Sheathing his sword, he would turn back to peer down the slide which would go down into the darkness. "She won't be clawing her way up here, thats for sure" 

@Kasier

("He was immune to that bull crap")

Kasier felt an emotional dread coming from deep within her. She attempted to pull out her vanity weapon in order to appear more fierce, but for some reason, even Kasier could not manage to find the strength to do so. She felt a small drop of tear come from her face, but that was the maximum that she would let out. Although she wasn't strong emotionally, it would have to be her death that she would let anyone see her show any sort of weakness. Kasier closed her mouth shut, watching helplessly as the monster came at her. At this point, Kasier could only hope that her mitigation was powerful enough to negate some of the hits. Closing her eyes, she prepared for the attack to come.

Then suddenly, she heard a few clicks, and a series of noises that she couldn't decipher in the darkness... the next thing she knew, the Banshee wasn't there anymore. The wails of the Banshee seemed to get lower and lower, and the noise seemed to be sinking by the second. Kasier opened her eyes, and the glowing blonde hair of Jonathan stood out enough in the darkness that she could tell it was him. At that point, the tear had already dried from her face, and in the darkness, Jonathan shouldn't be able to see anything on her face... at least, she hoped. Kasier began to attempt to move, slowly, and surely, she was able to move a couple of fingers, and then her arms, and finally her legs. "Yeah, I'm alright. Let's finish this quest up. Those wails are quite powerful - I underestimated it." Kasier said.

@Morgenstern

(Well he's paralyze immune XD)

He would watch the girl slowly stand and tell him that she was alright. He would smile. "It kinda hurt my ears a little. Good thing I'm immune to paralyze" he would chuckle looking down the shaft  the had turned into a slide. "Glad you didn't freak out, I heard you yelling at it. Courageous or foolishness, I don't know which it was. Without battle-healing, Im not sure how many hits you could have taken exactly" He wiped the sweat from his forehead that came form his long a desperate sprint. "Itzal could have been here a lot faster than me however. If he would've been here, you would have only been seperated for a minute or so while he solved the puzzle" He gave a faint chuckle before looking down the shaft. "If you're completely ready, we can just slide down. My guess, is that after failing to climb backup, the banshee retreated to her normal boss room to await us, probably figuring were turned and ran" 

He would shake his head, remembering the quest end. "This entire quest is far too long for such a simple solution that could be gained from the beginning" He would sigh before preparing to slide down right beside Kasier when she became ready. 

@Kasier

<<Howl>> (+3 Hate)

ID: 104690 MD: 2 (Banshee misses)

Kasier nodded. She had managed to regain some composure after what had happened there, and was now ready to get back on her feet and finish off this darn quest. It had been a while since the two players started this thing, and although it was not over, Kasier felt relieved that at least someone was with her at this point. "Yelling at it? I don't remember doing much yelling." She stated, standing up slowly and making sure that her legs are balanced before taking a few steps to test them out. "If I did yell though - definitely courage" She convinced herself before making her way forwards and getting ready to slide down. Before she could though, the blonde man made a comment about how Itzal would've gotten to her a long time before he did, and Kasier simply smiled without speaking.

It was time to complete this quest and conclude it with one final fight with this Banshee. Jonathan could definitely finish it off in no time, but Kasier wanted to do something so that Jonathan could focus all his attacking powers at the banshee, therefore she decided that she would simply tank by repeatedly using howl over and over again. Greeting the banshee with a nod, she got into position and activated her skill, sending the roar of a feminine lion throughout the room, allowing the sound waves to bounce off the walls - making it even louder for the Banshee. "Ok, I guess we have already started. What are you waiting for?"

@Morgenstern

[3] Kasier: 820/820 | EN: 82/82
[0] Morgenstern: 1370/1370 | EN: 124/124

Banshee: 250/250 | DMG: 200 | EVA: 2
   [MD: 9-10] Ignores Armor Mitigation
   [MD: 10] Paralyze all players

Kasier believed that she didn't do much yelling at it when the time had come around. He shook his head and yelled in a light voice, "Over here!" He would chuckle as Kasier would step forward to the long slide down to the boss. "Hopefully the stairs will reset in a bit" He would say before leaping off the ledge. As the incline brought a sharp downhill, his feet would move faster, almost making it impossible to keep control of where he was going. Managing to not fall down, he came to a stop a few feet after the slope returned to the normal passage. H would then continue by following Kasier into the Banshee's Lair. As they stepped forward, they laid their eyes upon the Banshee and its room. The floor and walls were covered with red stains and a terrible odor got caught in his nose. The Banshee was crouched and huddled in the center of the room. As they stopped it would screech before standing and looking towards them. AS if challenging it, Kasier would activate the howl Skill. 

"Ok, I guess we have already started. What are you waiting for?" She would say to him and he would grin. "Alright then" The Banshee would make its way towards Kasier, and all the while he would charge at the Banshee. The creature was fast, and he hoped accuracy would win out for him. He would swipe his sword, the blade's sharp edge cutting up from the right hip to the left shoulder. The creature would hiss, obviously pained by his flurry of quick attacks, but still focused on Kasier. 

BD:8-2+3=9 -> 16*11=176 DMG
@Kasier

[3] Kasier: 820/820 | EN: 82/82
[1] Morgenstern: 1370/1370 | EN: 114/124

Banshee: 74/250 | DMG: 200 | EVA: 2

ID: 104899 MD: 8 (200 - 87 = 113 DMG)

Kasier wouldn't do anything this turn. The man had the ability to finish off the monster with just one more attack, and after it, it would be quest over and completed just like that. Kasier smiled, her eyes staring at the Banshee as it charged at her. She stood her ground, practicing her tanking skills as if this was during a boss fight. She doesn't know when would be the first time that she ever tanks for a boss, but it won't be any time soon. Either way, it's always good to get in some practice for when things really heat up for her.

The Banshee was, of course, able to make the hit, and was able to damage Kasier, but she was able to mitigate just under half of the damage that had been dealt to him. "I'm fine," She called out, making sure that Jonathan knew she was still high in health and free from the paralyze status that could've been inflicted on her. This was the first time in a while that she had been hit by a powerful attack such as this one.

[3] Kasier: 707/820 | EN: 82/82
[1] Morgenstern: 1370/1370 | EN: 114/124

Banshee: 74/250 | DMG: 200 | EVA: 2

• 3 weeks later...

After his attack, he would briskly move out of his enemies reach, about ten meters away from the Banshee. Before he was able to move in for a second attack, the creature began wailing on Kasier, dealing some significant damage. Glancing upwards to check on her remaining health, he would decide she was fine even before she called out. 'The banshee is on the ropes, I can finish it off here and now,' he would say to himself. Angling his sword, he would allow his energy to flow into it, giving it the necessary amount to use a sword art. Charging at his opponent, he get within range, beginning his attack with a sweeping motion of the sword. "This is the end" he would say. 

Rolling later, no access to the roller or Discord atm...