[F17-PP] Bonds through Battle -Hestia and Domarus-

Time, had been slipping through his fingers...  Yet it hadn't fully been wasted just yet.  He had locked himself up in his shop for quite some time and for a very good reason.  The last time he had encountered the player known as Hestia, he discovered that she could read Greek if she had enough time.  All of his notes, his journals, his schemes, plots and plans were all written in ancient Greek and lay on his desk at his shop.  He had spent weeks copying them all, still in Greek but completely different from the originals.  These made him seem to be a good person.  Like he was writing a normal journal in Greek to escape prying eyes.  His plan was to drop one of these falsified sheets somewhere Hestia would discover it, read it, and further solidify her her trust and bond in him.  Once everything was finished, he'd burn his originals.  Of course at the same time, he wasn't wasting his time either.  He'd been working on guild operations as well.  Overall it was Keres he'd been using, sending her out looking for players to bond with and draw into the guild, while he himself was working on his journals and guild details.  Today, he finished the last of his journal entries.  Sighing from the amount of effort it took, surprised at how many entries, plans and work he had to begin with, he began to burn each original manuscript until all that was left was ash and the revised versions.  He'd need to think of alternate methods to-  He stopped when he received a message from Hestia.  He glanced at it and smiled.  Perfect timing.  He needed to get the twins out in the field for a test run.  They'd be shadowing him for now, but it was important nonetheless.  He replied to Hestia stating that he was on his way, followed by messaging the twins, giving them the location to meet him at.  With that, he headed to floor seventeen.  When he appeared, he, Keres, and the two familiars walked over to Hestia, Domarus dressed in his silver armor.  This time however, there was a little bit of gold on his two gauntlets.  Not enough to be overkill by far.  In fact it would take a good eye to notice it.

"Hello Hestia!  It's been a while hasn't it?  I hope you don't mind, but I invited one or two others to join us today."  Keres bowed to Hestia with a smile.

"How are you today my goddess?"

Spoiler

Level:  37

Health:  760/760

Energy:  76/76

Mitigation:  54

Accuracy:  3-4

Evasion:  3

Damage:  15-19

Gear:  Sovereignty.  +3 MIT

Anazititís psychís.  +3 ACC

Pegasus Boots.  +3 EVA

@Hestia

Edited by Domarus
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wake up rather early this day in preparation fro what my plans are for what needs to happen. I put on my battle gear and have a simple meal as i have my familiar follow me as soon as possible, so i can get things started. On my way towards the teleporter i send the simple message.

Spoiler

Floor seventeen

Going to be killing some mobs that give out the good loot not those common floor enemies. If you're in you'll see me on the seventeenth floor outside the teleport gate. You got one hour after the meeting time to arrive encase something comes up.

From hestia

After that message was sent she stepped onto the teleport pad having walked through the snowy fields and into the town having made some other drafts of that message. The words for the other drafts having been less kind for certain. However, their is the matter of figuring out what he is like for certain through observation and trying to improve myself to get out of this game for my little sister who is probably neck deep in school work and a actual job. I chuckle a bit imagining my little sis struggling with her school work for a little bit without my help as i figure that i guess this will be good for Raven to try and learn how to handle life without big sis Ember to be their for her.

I find myself on the seventeenth floor and i just grin excited as ever to see the greek architecture as my mind is swimming in the possibilities of the enemies that could be on here. This being my very first true visit to this floor which has me excited beyond belief. I then hear the gate open once more as i turn to see the two people i know would come forward. Domarus and his faithful servant girl Keres. I hear Keres' response as i try to ignore the annoyance i have at that phrase. Not wanting to give Keres the satisfaction she wants as i can only assume she does these things to get a rise out of people. After all why else would she do it after one or two reminders not to do  so. I just give her a simple wave before looking at Domarus as i am prepared in my battle gear as it seems he is. Evening Domarus it's been quite a bit. Unfortunately it seems it has been taking Macradon longer then it was anticipated to finish my gear. A unfortunate event, but i'm not going to let that impede my progress any further. Their are mobs to kill and loot to gain.

Stats

Spoiler

Level: 26   HP: 520/520  ENG: 52/52  DMG: 5   MIT: 72  Thorns: 14 DMG

Battle ready inventory:

Spoiler

I may fall: (single target 120 HP recovered)

Mirror, Mirror (single target 40 HP recovered)

3 Tier 1 uncommon health potion (single target 40 HP recovered)

Seeing as she said nothing about his inviting two additional players, there seemed to be no problem.  Of course she didn't actually have a say in this, whether she knew it or not.  He had the strings and controlled everything and anything at this point.  She clearly was trying to ignore Keres' statement, however that just brought a grin to her face and a determination to try harder.  When she mentioned how Macradon still had yet to complete her gear he shook his head and walked over, patting her shoulder.

"It's not his fault, it really isn't.  The system took away our only bonus to crafting.  Now, every rank has the same chance of getting a perfect craft, making it harder for anyone to do anything.  The only benefits he gets at being highest rank is that he has more chances a day.  The problem is the randomly generated numbers going on behind the curtains.  Alas, it's all we can do when we craft nowadays, to pray and hope we are successful.  Now then.  They should be here in a, minute..."  Just then the warp panel flashed again and two individuals stepped forward...  Both of them wearing casual clothing.  One of them was a boy, the other a girl.  Both of them looked strikingly similar save for the length in hair, and both appeared to be..  Very..  Young.  At the very least, thirteen, maybe fourteen in age.  The two looked around in wonder at the floor which was clearly their first visit to as well.  The girl's eyes and mouth were wide open while the boy was laughing a bit, clearly the one who expressed himself more.

"Wow, this is amazing!  Oh!  Mister Domarus, Sir!"  he said before standing at attention.  His twin sister looked hesitant before she tried to do a bow.  He shook his hand at them with a sigh.

"Aito, I've asked you to drop the formalities.  I want you to see me as a friend and ally, not your commanding officer...  That's only for the frontlines when we make it there.  Andrea?  That goes for you too."  Andrea blushed before straightening herself.  Aito looked at Hestia walked over, extending his hand.

"Hi!  I haven't met you before!  My name's Aito, and this is my sister Andrea.  Are you part of the guild too?"

@Hestia

Hearing about this reduction in crafting i nod my head thinking i've possibly heard it somewhere but it rings no bells as to possibly a when or where from who i could've heard this from before. I calmly just nod my head knowing their isn't much to be said about that matter since it is in the past and all i can do is wait anyway, so i may as well just relax where i am standing and view the world that is passing me by. Eventually i hear the gate activate once more as i can only assume it is the two guests that were mentioned and the first thought that comes to mind when i spot the two figures are 'Twins'. How could they not be when they look practically identical in their looks that if they weren't twins i would give anybody all of my COL if that wasn't the case.

I watch the kids as they seem fascinated and one being rather expressive and the other seeming rather shy in comparison as i chuckle a bit at the boy's enthusiasm. I do grin hearing him call you sir as it at the very least means he has manners in some form or the other which is better then none. Which can be a rather costly thing if kids are in this game since sadly that means their morals and views of the world could become severely warped from these events they could eventually end up bearing witness to. I get shaken out of my thoughts by the kid named Aito talking to me as i chuckle a bit at him calling me part of the guild as i shake my head no. Sorry Aito that won't be happening anytime soon from what i can see currently. I got a few options within my mind that could fit for a guild i could join or such. I say with a smile as i look down at the kid before back at you as i act like i'm adjusting my shield but did so in a way it would block the kid's view of my face as i give a disapproving look of bringing kids along for this towards you. As i look over to the girl Andrea i just smile a bit sadly and quickly looks away from her as i quickly wipe away a single tear as i'm reminded quite heavily of the fact i have a sister around this girl's age. 'Don't do anything stupid Raven. Ember is coming home just wait for me'. I think to myself as i look to the ground.

Domarus saw her disapproving look towards him and mouthed the words 'you need to trust me at some point' before turning back to the twins.  The boy grinned further when she said she wasn't part of a guild and began a stream of questions that Domarus knew was going to come.  Annoying and irritating as they were, the two children were required for this.  He needed Hestia to see the mentoring, and father like side of his facade.  This, in his mind, would be the tipping point in the relationship they required.

"Really?  So you're one of those solo players?!  Does that mean you're tougher than others?  Are you invincible?  Do you do a lot of damage when you swing your weapon?  Do you-" 
     "Aito, whoa!  Slow down!  Give her some time to breath!"  Aito flushed with embarrassment as Andrea caught up with him at last.  Domarus chuckled and walked behind them, patting their shoulders and causing them to smile.  He wasn't wearing his helmet until they drew near combat, showing Hestia his bright and warming smile.

"How about introductions?  Hestia, this is Aito.  And this is Andrea.  Andrea?  Aito?  This is Hestia.  She's a tank player.  You remember what a tank is correct?"

"A.  Tank is a player who defends others, correct?" 
Domarus nodded, rubbing her arm encouragingly.  The clothed section at least so as not to scrape her with the metal of his armor.

"That is indeed correct Andrea.  Aito wants to be a dps, a knight from the stories.  While Andrea wants to be a supporter.  She's a bit shy, and he's excitable, but you'd be surprised what they'd be capable of.  For now however they'll just be shadowing us for today.  I promised to take them out on the field soon and since you asked me along I felt it was the perfect time.  Come on, let's head for the gate shall we?"  On their way there, Aito walked beside Hestia and whispered to her,

"Um..  By the way misses Hestia.  I uh....  I think you're pretty," he said before rushing back over to his sister, blushing furiously as he tried to avoid looking at Hestia...  But failed to miserably.

@Hestia

I chuckle at the kids questions as when i can get some room to talk i start answering the questions. I'm a solo player in terms of i have no guild. I work with others for my survival so i'm not a total solo player. I'm not tougher then others by any standards. I'm like any other player out their it is just that i choose to not have a guild currently to see what kind of people the entire guild has to see if their worth being a part of. I'm nowhere near invincible and i don't do lots of damage. I say answering all the questions with a smile on my face as my familiar gazes at the twins the lion observing them before looking to Keres since he knows she has that fire snakes that was curious about him last time they interacted.

I nod my head hearing your explanation as it makes sense for the most spot. Hitting two birds with one stone by working on the objective i have asked while allowing these kids to see what can count as more advanced players then them in combat and how things such as that work on the later floors to a degree. To the gate. I say with a nod of my head as i start making my way towards the northern gate as i hear the kid's whispering as i chuckle a bit and doesn't correct him at all figuring a harmless little crush hasn't hurt anybody. That i would only stop it if it got out of hand. So then Domarus for success in these fights i can provide you a accuracy boosting item if you would like since i have a consumable that does that. I offer as i take the item out knowing i won't need it since i'm not the one doing big damage, and it is only logical for the DPS to have it to do as much as possible while i do my job of defending.

Aito listened to Hestia as she answered all of his questions.  He was a little disappointed to hear she wasn't invincible or had infinity plus two damage, but he quickly recovered and returned to his energetic and hyper spirit.

"Well, who knows?  Maybe you'll get so strong you won't need anyone else!  How about that?  Oh also, why don't you try out a guild?  I mean, my mom always says if you don't try something out, how do you know you don't like it?"  When he had withdrawn a bit he was acting kind of shy and nervous.  He had been dared by Keres to say that.  The girl made a bet with him saying that Hestia wouldn't shoot him down or try to persuade him otherwise and he bet against it.  However he was now transferring a hundred col over to Keres, who grinned when her menu opened up, closing it before Hestia could see.  When Kuro emerged, Andrea react first, gasping slightly when she first saw it, her face lighting up at the creature.  When Aito saw it he lit up two and both children cried out "Cooool!"  Aito rushed over to them again, not touching the familiar but really really wanting to.

"Can I pet him?  Oh please oh please!  Oh, and is this one of those familiar things I've heard about?  I heard it was super difficult, but I see so many people walking around with them.  Keres and Domarus make it seem like it's easy to get them, since they both have a familiar.  Can I pet him please?" 
     "If you do it's going to need to be quick," Domarus said as they passed the gates.  He put on his helmet again and Aito looked out, spotting what Domarus had:  an Otherus.  He nodded to Domarus and hung back while Domarus and Hestia took head.  He drew his two handed ax when Hestia offered a consumable and shook his head.
     "Thank you
much for the offer, but my weapon has accuracy on it.  Rhozarth provides my damage, my armor my mitigation.  And for this floor, well.  I gave my boots an upgrade," he said with a chuckle, a pair of wings emerging from both boots before he charged into battle.

Spoiler

Enemy:  370 health - 111 damage

Domarus activated his charge skill and released Screw Dimension.  What ended up happening was his dealing two hundred forty seven points of damage to the monster, with the monster dealing fifty eight to him.  Not much at all at this point in time.  Domarus turned to Hestia.

"You want to play dps this time around or play tank?"

ID#  92480  BD:  8  MD:  9
19x13=247 dmg
Domarus:  702/760 - 63/76
@Hestia:  520/520 - 52/52

Otherus:  123/370

Edited by Domarus

I chuckle a bit at the kids enthusiasm and excitement once more, but at the mention of trying guilds i shake my head no. Sorry i won't just leave and go to other guilds to try them out. Joining a guild to me would be like joining a family. You stick to that family as best as you can and try to help them out as best as you can do so. I say after thinking for a bit and nodding my head. Meanwhile Kuro looks to the kids and then back to me not taking that much care into them as they seem to do for him.

As i hear the kids asking to pet i just shrug. Only if he allows you to pet him should you. Also, he might be a bit volatile and stubborn at first but he is kind of a softy at heart for the most part. I say with a smile as Kuro gives me a look that i just wave dismissively at him while having a playful grin. Knowing the lion is just reacting to what would be a rather embarrassing statement for him. However, once i hear your statement i notice the monster and watch as you move forward and decimate most of its health as i just blink and wonder to myself just how much needed am i if that kind of damage can be done. I shake my head and thinks of the damage that can be done and figures using my howl just for one enemy would be not useful with how much damage can be done to a singular target.

As i get ready to attack i hear the term play and i give you a glare. I don't play Domarus i fight for all i got. That isn't playing around, and don't assume i take my job lightly. You got that. I say with a bit of a edge to my voice as if that was a personal insult before i move forward to try and attack the monster. I move forward and slice along its chest as i paralyze the creature, and then backs away as i turn to you. The only reason i'm not doing what i usually is that their is no need to waste energy on Howl for one enemy when your damage can be like that. I say with a small glare to you still hating the play comment.

#92498  BD: 10 (paralyze proct)   DMG: 7   Hate gain: 1(landing)+1 crit+1 taunt=3 hate gained

Domarus:  702/760 - 63/76
[H:3] Hestia:   520/520 - 52/52

Otherus:  116/370  [paralyzed] 

• 2 weeks later...

Domarus listened carefully as Hestia answered the Twin Aito's question and comment.  She spoke wisdom and it made Domarus desire and crave to have her in his guild that much more.  He needed wise and strong individuals, and these twins were definitely not that.  Far from it.  The twins were nothing more than a mascot.  A bit of youth and innocence, a pretty face to draw people in.  At the same time they proved to be a decent distracting, though they tended to get in his way at times, particularly during combat.  He normally had to defend them more often than actually attacking the mob.  Regardless of that, in regards to Hestia's words Domarus fully agreed, though he didn't care about having a family.  One should never join someone on the whim of being lonely.  That was nothing but foolishness, the random bursts of desire and recklessness.  Aito seemed disappointed at first, but then tried cheering himself up again.

"Awww...  Well, I hope you find a good family then!  I sure know I love mine!  It's got a few strong people, and Domarus is a great teacher!"  Domarus had made no comment to that but smiled under his helmet upon the thought as he was now fighting the monsters.  While the children watched the battle and tried to convince Kuro to allow them to pet it, Domarus thought about the progress he had been making over time.  Things were going slowly, but soon they would be making progressDomarus caught Hestia's glare and the fierceness in her words and was confused at first as to why she had snapped.  It seemed that this nice girl had a short fuse, which seemed contradicting to her wise, patient and calm personality.  Domarus rushed in and finished off the monster with one last strike of Screw Dimension, shattering the mob into a thousand pieces.  The rewards were one material, one rare weapon, and one thousand, one hundred and ten col.  Before he messed with the rewards he came to a stop beside Hestia, looking into her eyes through his silver helmet.  If she looked into the eye slot, she'd only see bright light and nothing else.  He figured out what bothered her as he thought back to the very sentence he said when she seemed to snap.

"I used the term 'play' because while it does in fact feel real, we are in fact still in a video game.  Whenever I'm in combat I always keep two facts in mind:  It's life or death, but the mechanics are styled after an MMO.  Therefore when I am in combat I typically use gaming terminology.  I apologize if I've offended you by accident."  The twins were rushing over, both of them seeming in awe of them and their skill, Aito appearing particularly excited.  Domarus opened his notes section, all of the titles in Greek, and made a new one titled battle loot.  He wrote down what they had collected. 

"Once we've decided we're done for the day, we can go over who gets what.  Does that sound fair Hestia?"

ID#  92912  BD:  3+3=6  MD:  5
ID#  92913  CD:  5  LD:  12  +1,110 col, 1 MAT, 1 Rare Weapon
15x13=195 dmg

Domarus:  702/760 - 51/76
 @Hestia:   520/520 - 52/52

Otherus:  0/370  [Deceased]

Total Loot:  1,110 col, 1 MAT, 1 Rare Weapon

Edited by Domarus

Same here. I hope to be able to find a good family also during my stay within this game. I can only hope that they'll be a combination of fun, and strong so we can work together to get stronger. I say to the child before turning back to the fight as i wait for the inevitable kill as Domarus is strong enough to kill this creature within a single attack once more. That being a obvious fact for myself of how the first attack went. I still feel boiling anger for this man and his words of assuming i'm not taking this seriously. 'TO use the term play of all things! i will show him that i don't mess around when it comes to my responsibility as a tank. That i don't slack when it comes to fighting off creatures of any strength. I won't ever run from anything that will be certain, and i will do my best to prove that this day to this person.' I think to myself in slight bitterness and anger at this man as he goes in and hits the mob destroying it in one more attack like i had predicted.

My familiar Kuro trying to focus on the fight to see if he will need to intervene at some point, but also knows that i would tell him to keep the kids entertained if need be. With that as the fight is close to its ending he relents and allows the kids to pet him, but still feels much ire and annoyance at being treated as such. Not seeing a use or reason to allow this since these kids don't seem important to his owner.

Eventually i see you walk on over here as i cross my arms across my chest looking at this man as he comes over. As i hear the reasoning for why the term play was used i quickly turn my head away in a feeble attempt to hide my blush of embarrassment. yeah just next time try to make that more clear for ones who aren't use to your way of handling things okay. I say as i know i have no ground for feeling angry now, but just the embarrassment mixed with anger not allowing it to die down immediately like how it should.  I hear the kids running over and turns to them as i force my blush down to seem like a strong warrior to them. So did you kids enjoy the fight? Have you learned anything from it? Since that is kind of what you should be focusing on. Trying to learn something from me and Domarus fighting. Okay. I tell them in a gentle voice as i get onto one knee to be at their level as i can't help my big sisterly instincts coming forward and to try and raise them like i have done my own little sister before being trapped within here. I then hear your voice once more and turn my head upwards to look at you. I need those T2 materials Domarus i need to get buying some potions and i have a feeling Alchemists will only accept materials like most people seem to do. I say as i look at the man.

Domarus watched with satisfaction as Hestia turned around.  People only hid their face if there was something they didn't want others to see.  The most likely conclusion here was that she felt embarrassed she had reacted in such a hostile manner over something as simple as terminology.  Especially when that terminology was accurate to the scenario.  The fact that she was hiding her embarrassment gave Domarus much joy.  In fact, he was pretty much feeding off of it.  Rarely was he ever actually wrong.  Already he had convinced her, to some degree, that he wasn't manipulative and deceptive, which was a complete and total lie.  And now he was continuing to point out that she had, has, and never will have a reason to hate Domarus.  Even if she did find out he was manipulative, his end goal didn't involve hurting others unless they intended to bring him down.  When he was in control he was going to keep the people happy, not make them angry by treating them unfairly.  When she spoke he had to resist the urge to laugh, though he was able to smirk under his helmet since she wouldn't be able to see him.

"My apologies, I shall do my best to do so in the future."  Despite his smirk and arrogant attitude at the current moment, he would sound genuine.  When the kids finally reached the players, Hestia started talking to them like she was their mother, or teacher.  This annoyed Domarus since she had no authority over them at the current moment.  They were his and his alone.  However he couldn't say or do anything against her since that would make him look possessive, or controlling.  Which would only feed her suspicion of him.  He couldn't allow that.  She moved down into a kneel position to see the children at eye level, and Domarus could see the remaining hint of blush for a quarter of a second.  He grinned knowing he was right...  Again.  Aito grinned widely, not really caring too much about being serious.

"Only that you two are super strong and awesome!  The way Domarus hacked through it's health that way!  It was amazing!"  Andrea, while obviously showing the very same enthusiasm and excitement, also showed a more calm mind and approach to it.

"Domarus didn't take much damage at all from the monster though.  The monsters we're fighting would need to land somewhere around thirteen to twelve hits on you before you'd shatter from death...  You knew?  Beforehand I mean.  Despite your strength you won't take on something or someone unless your certain you can survive it, correct?"  Domarus nodded to her and her brother fell quiet, realizing what she meant.

"Pride.  Arrogance.  These things can lead any and all to destruction.  Caution should be put first and foremost.  And while there are strength in numbers, there can also be weaknesses.  We must be careful as we proceed to higher floors and aid the frontlines.  The real enemy of the frontliners are two:  The other frontliners, and the unknown.  For we have no idea what Kayaba will throw at us next."  He heard Hestia's words and turned to her and nodded.

"Alright.  We'll split it all at the end.  You get materials while I get the...  Well the gear I suppose.  Perhaps the twins can use it, depending on how the enhancements turn out."

@Hestia

1/3 energy

+20 HP

I just hear your words and it fuels my annoyance only for a few moments before i sigh softly to myself knowing i have nothing to be annoyed about except for myself since i allowed myself to assume something, and just like the old saying goes. When you make an assumption you make an ass out of you and me. I just chuckle at the child's response of enthusiasm as i can only understand why he would focus on that. Since at such a young age most would probably focus on the action and such that fights can bring rather then the lessons they have for everyone involved. I do smile proudly at the other one for figuring it out though. Nice job trying to figure something out which is one of the most important lessons you could actually learn while being trapped within this place. I tell them rather happily as i then hear you follow up as i just let you, but i do remain on one knee to remain at the kid's height since i could have more to say probably. To say it on their level could promote the idea of it being in friendly terms rather then a strict lesson from a superior to do so on a equal level could possibly allow it to stay in their minds longer. To be a friend and family rather then a superior being the importance to me since they are just children. Children who are stuck in this game, but still children who need protection from the deepest of evil that lurk within this game.

What Domarus said is correct kids. Pride and arrogance will be the downfall of every warrior, and you can look to me as an example of that. I thought i could handle any quest that was handed to me from having a rather long record of completing some basic quests along these beginning floors. I was sorely mistaken as i had almost died do to my arrogance of thinking i was above my strength. That i was somehow greater then what the system allows. Thankfully though the quest i had went on was one that gives a mercy ruling to players. Don't be like me a person that almost died do to not learning that lesson soon enough. Be cautious in every fight that you go into since that could be your last. I tell them sincerely and genuinely my familiar Kuro even bowing his head knowing this story to be true and feeling some sadness at remembering the loss of its owner almost do to that quest. So both of you keep an eye on both Domarus and i. A very close eye to try and learn as much as you can about the two of us, and how to fight these creature. The reason being you can learn how to fight effectively, and can possibly tell something about a person by the way they fight. I say to them with a kind smile on my face. That means both of you not just one of you. I say slightly teasingly to the child who got to absorbed into the action rather then trying to learn a lesson.

After that i nod my head and turns back to you as i get up off of one knees and back onto both feet. Well then Domarus ready for another round of fighting, or do you need a short break. I ask as i gaze at your helmet unable to see your eyes while you wear it. Finding the sight of it rather frustrating to some degree do the fact that eyes are told as windows to the soul. So why would one hide their souls from others unless their is something to hide. 'Am i just overthinking things? Possibly, but it is strange since i haven't seen another player who has hidden their face yet. Are their others?' I think to myself before just turning away not saying anymore since i know letting such thoughts could create a even worse bias then i have right now. That i KNOW that i have right now.

1/3 +1 energy   CD: 8 (+1 energy do to enhancement.)

Domarus watched her carefully through his helmet as she seemed to well up with anger and frustrations until she had finally released it in a sigh.  While it was a soft one, Domarus had trained himself to listen out for small sounds, to sharpen his ears.  And since he was listening for something like this, it wasn't too difficult.  Good.  If he kept winning these battles then perhaps she'd finally just give up on this whole thing...  However he was fairly certain it would take more than just that.  He'd probably need to show her a demonstration of his 'righteousness'.  His 'honor' 'nobility' etc. through a show or event of some sort.  It would take much planning, far more planning than he had before.  In fact, he would probably want the event to be rather long and well known across Aincrad.  Something that would be seen and heard by many that would make him far more well known than before.  When Hestia had sighed and released her frustrations, she turned to the children and chuckled upon hearing their words.  He watched as Hestia moved down to their level again, and he knew exactly why she was doing that.  Domarus was their teacher, their mentor, but he was also trying to get them to see him as a father figure as well.  Their words would spread across the floors about his kindness and wise words.  Hopefully that is.  They had better be worth all of this.  She spoke to them confirming what Domarus had said, and even adding her own little story to back his words up.  She finished by telling them to keep a very close eye on him and her so that they could learn.  Which was essentially what he had told them before hand.  The two nodded with a smile.

"Alright miss Hestia!  We won't let you down!"  When she spoke to Aito mentioning how he was included especially, he blushed a little bit and folded his hands behind his back with a guilty grin.  When Domarus and Hestia moved away from the two, Keres stood behind them and leaned down to Aito.

"But you don't need practice at watching Hestia, now do you Aito?"  Aito had freaked out a bit and jumped at her sudden appearance and turned to her as she giggled from her teasing, avoiding his pathetic slaps as he told her to stop it already.  Domarus listened to Hestia as she asked him if he was ready to hit the next mob or if he needed to regain his energy a little bit more.  He nodded to her words.

"I need to recover a little more energy yes, but we can go ahead and find another mob to find and fight.  While the two handed battle ax is powerful, the cost is massive energy depletion.  Both a blessing and a curse.  I'm currently looking for ways to counter this weakness.  And fast."  Energist was a skill he needed, but that skill wasn't high on his priorities at the current moment.  Charge needed maxing out, which he was close to anyways.  He needed rank three in heavy armor to get the mod that increased his damage.  Then he could get energist, followed up by maxing out heavy armor.  Maxing out battle healing, and then other skills and mods that would aid him in combat.  Survival he should get as well.  He also should be stocking up on perfect quality gear in order to find one with a unique enhancement.  Once he had a unique enhancement he could work on adjusting his combat if need be.  Otherwise he'd just ditch the item and keep using his old tactics.  They hadn't failed yet.

@Hestia
2/3

I smile happily hearing the child's agreement upon my words as i get back up onto my feet as i look over to Keres not letting myself be surprised that much since i did see her at the start. Even if her ability to just slowly blend into the background is rather impressive since i had managed to forget about the girl, but hopefully that is just a byproduct of focusing more on the kids and their safety. Since the opposite of the girl having the hiding skill would be more annoying to deal with since finding the girl at all points would get annoying. Especially when their are more important matters to focus on at he moment. Where and what kind of mob will be coming from this floor of Grecian legends brought to live. I find myself frowning ever so slightly for having been scared enough to miss the moment of fighting this floor's boss. Something to definitely look into by asking the current frontline fighters who should've ben around at that time possibly. For if all the frontline fighters have died since this floor. Then this seriously doesn't bode well for the success of this escape from this game if that can even happen.  I chuckle a tiny bit at Keres' word not really caring if the kid is allowing a crush to just happen. Knowing that crushes are common especially if the child in question beleives their crush to be a famous person of sort. This type of thing being very common in the real world, so the same principal can happen in here. Stop teasing the poor kid Keres. Let him be a kid still. Purity and innocence deserves to be preserved as much as possible. I say with a amused look on my face to the maid as i have to fight back my next comment. Knowing it would only give fuel to the fire that is Keres' behavior if i told her to not call me goddess at that moment. I just turn back to Domarus knowing that it would be better then anything else. I just let out a small sigh once more and then looks unto this person. 'A man with strength in one hand, and a loyal maid in the other. A couple of kids and that fiery red head that thinks strength is everything if i remember correctly, but at the sametime she seemed rather kind when shown it. Rather strange how she behaves, but i can't point anything at Domarus that is for certain. Haven't even talked to that girl Embers except for that Halloween party. Maybe i should change that.' I think to myself as i stare at the knighted figure that is Domarus.

My familiar Kuro upon the sight of Keres flies over to her expecting to meet the fiery snake that he had taken interest into knowing, and as the fiery snake seemed to have taken a interest into him last they met. Kuro just waits patiently to see if the familiar will come out to play and interact. Myself however i just find the interaction cute and definitely adorable by every standard of how things are. A lion of the snowy floors trying to befriend a snake of fire. I just grin a tiny bit at that.

Well then what are you waiting for Domarus. We have enemies to get rid of, and lots of loot to get. I need to actually prep for whenever i meet the...well second enemy i get myself over my head in. I say softly knowing that i will never live that moment down in my mind. The moment where i almost failed my sister, my mom, my dad, just failed everyone. My eyes soften a tiny bit at those thoughts before i quickly brush them away as soft silent determination fills them now. 'No thinking of that Hestia you got a future now. Just focus on getting farther ahead in life in this game, and the sooner you can get out of this game and go see your sister to comfort her for making her wait more then a year. I'm sure she is fine she is a big girl for the most part, and i haven't taught her to do anything stupid so she should be safe.' I think to myself as i nod my head seemingly at nothing. Sorry about just silent pondering is all. I say before i make my way deeper into the floor as my black hair moves ever so slightly in the breeze as i look forward with my blue colored eyes. As i'm just left curious what else is on this floor. Are their any mysteries worth seeking out? Any big discoveries just waiting! Only time will tell it seems like. Just for the meantime however. Their is only walking, and silence with a bit of conversation here and their.

So then Domarus for this guild of yours. If a guild like the Celestial ascendnats were attacked, or one of its members were attacked and you knew. Would you try to protect the guild, or would you wait on the sidelines depending on the strength of the foe that would be attacking? I ask the armored figure out of curiosity. the idle remembrance of the Fearx having entered my mind. The man while seeming kind is someone that Itzal hates, and while Fearx said he would wait for a duel of some kind. If Itzal said he is a man that is not to be trusted then why even trust him to follow up on that? The man seemed cunning enough to get others to agree with him. I can only hope i can maybe convince one enemy to fight against another to see if he is a person of justice, or just one of benefits. And if they both fall somehow in the process she would feel guilt like any other person do to causing a death even if indirectly, but in the end hopefully she could convince herself it was for the greater justice of peace within Aincrad.

Hearing the child agree and listen to Hestia, being rather obedient, seemed to make her smile.  Though Domarus was rather certain they'd forget that promise they made soon enough being children, Hestia was choosing to be content with the promise they had just now made, and thus he would appear to be as well.  When in reality he was keeping time of how long it was until they broke their promise and acted childish again.  That was one of the things Domarus hated in life.  Children tended to draw so much attention from everyone around them, never obeying anyone, and never ever thinking once about the future.  So frail and pathetic.  Domarus himself was a child once, but his childhood was short and swift.  The moment he was able to comprehend more than just simple playful games, his father had forced Harken to sit with him every night and morning to watch the news.  Not just the news though.  Every chance he got he showed Harken the horrors and sins of mankind.  While most people's childhood was playing games with their parents, learning how to drive and such.  Harken's childhood was learning just how corrupt, cruel and evil the world was.  This world.  It was beyond any hope of redemption.  He knew it.  They knew it.  It was simply common knowledge.  Some tried to dismiss the feeling, deny it, and desperately reach out looking for the goodness in people.  However if you looked closely, you'd find, that same goodness deprived from some form of selfishness, or unseen want, desire, or ill intent.  There was always a price, no matter what.  Harken had learned during these teachings with his father that the only way to survive in a world like this, you needed to rule it.  To be the strongest.  And that was what he has become.  Nothing would stand in his way.  Nothing.

Meanwhile, Keres noted that Hestia had spotted her.  She smiled at her when she did for multiple reasons.  One of them was to show innocence.  Another was to show that she didn't mind being caught, which was true.  Keres could be sneaky when needed, but she would very much rather mess with the minds of others.  Getting caught only helped to work in her favor.  When Hestia had spoken aloud telling Keres to stop teasing him and to let him be still, it could be interpreted, especially to a child, that not only was the crush fine, but that Hestia might be alright with it.  Keres was working, slowly but surely, into getting the kid to be obsessed with her.  Once he was, she would seep it into his mind that he could come to her for advice.  At that point he could make things insanely embarrassing for Hestia, and the kid at the same time.  Oh she was going to have so much fun with this!  Of course that wasn't the only reason.  She also wanted to get the kid and Keres closer together to increase the chances of Hestia wanting to join the guild.  After all, these children were entering a guild that had a section dedicated solely for the frontlines.  Keres may want the small children to be safe and secure to the best of her abilities.  She didn't get Domarus' permission to do this but she didn't need it either.  Unless it directly interfered with his reputation or goals, which it did not in fact, especially since she would never get caught.  She giggled and ruffled the boy's hair only a little bit before walking away.

"Just having a little fun with him, that's all~"  

Porvos watched Keres and her familiar as they passed her, his unblinkable eyes looking at them curiously as always.  That was somewhere around the time Kuro flew over to see the fiery serpent.  Porvós turned all of it's attention to the flying lion now and flicked out it's tongue in greeting as the noble creature approached.  The closer Kuro approached, the lower the serpent's flames dampened.  It remembered from the last time that this creature was not in fact flame resistant, as it had fur.  And fur couldn't handle flames embrace it thought to itself.  Porvós cautiously uncurled from Keres and reached out it's head closer to the flying beast.  This time it tried to rub it's scaly cheek against it's fur body not only for a split moment.  Porvós was, at this point, giving the areal lion, it's own type of hug.  It did not allow it's warm embrace to last long however as it was unsure of how the friendly familiar would react to such a thing.  And the last thing Porvós wanted to do was irritate, or repel the creature.  This was the first time anyone else had shown any serious interest in the serpent, and was grateful for it.  It didn't get to see or interact with other familiars often so Kuro was a real treat.  Of course there was Rhozarth, but he was more of it's guardian than anything.  Porvós noticed the look Hestia gave the two familiars and cocked it's head, wondering what on earth she could be thinking right now.  Keres on the other hand had giggled as she looked at the two familiars as well, though she thought it was funny, not cute or adorable.

Domarus had watched the conversations, both seen and unseen between Keres and Hestia.  He was unsure of what to do with them but there really wasn't too much he could, nor should do in that regard.  He didn't care either, though that didn't show through.  Instead he allowed a simple and seemingly honest light chuckle at the scene, and watched Keres get held back by the two familiars wishing to interact.  Hestia halted to watch them interact for a moment.  He could see her emotions clearly and was rather annoyed by it.  That she would allow bits of coding to change the way she saw the world, or thought about things.  That she'd allow herself to actually believe that the coding that made up the description of the familiar's behavior patterns, appearances, abilities, strengths and weaknesses, was real.  It was another form of weakness that did not hold onto Domarus.  His familiar he knew was coding.  A tool designed to work with players throughout their time in this world.  That was all a familiar was.  nothing more and nothing less.  He had hoped that Embers could understand something like that but it appeared she didn't.  When she first revealed that she had a pet in the real world.  A hawk.  She showed him that she was very strongly sentimentally attached to the creature.  She wanted to go find the familiar sooner rather than later, and wanted Domarus to help her find it.  She seemed very overly passionate, aggressive, and impatient on the subject too.  Another weakness that had revealed itself.  Domarus' weakness he knew, but no one else did.  Not even Keres.  She had her guesses, but those guesses only grazed the surface of the truth.  The air coating the tip of the iceberg.  her guess was directed mainly towards a pink haired girl.  All thanks to a little bottle.  A bottle that thankfully had no more power thanks to an update that Cardinal felt was needed.  While he was glad that the potion had no power over him anymore, he was furious that he couldn't use such potions to his advantage.

It was then Hestia broke her gaze from the familiar's interaction and approached Domarus, mentioning how they had better get a move on and find an appropriate mob.  She spoke about how they had many mobs to take on and much loot to collect, and after this mentioning how she should probably prepare for their next encounter.  Whenever that may be that is.  That she needed to start preparing for, what he was assuming, was another battle when she was out soloing.  More then likely she had a not so enjoyable encounter at some point.  He nodded to her in understanding but in truth was rather wishing he had just soloed everything.  Hestia was only getting in the way and he'd rather just keep all of the hard earned rewards to himself.  Well hard earned was a very very loose term.  The more appropriate term of words would be 'rewards to make up for this waste of his time'.  Still, he needed to keep up appearances as always.

"Don't worry Hestia, we'll get you gear in no time.  Hopefully more than just gear."  Domarus wanted gear only for the chance to get unique equipment.  That was all.  However his order was an extraordinarily tall one.  He wanted unique enhancements, but he wanted very specific ones.  Either weapons that would deal more damage.  The absolute accuracy enhancement.  Stronger defense, or stronger thorns.  Whatever he ended up getting, when he did finally get a hold of it, he would need to adjust the rest of his gear so that it worked in his favor.  When it did then he would be stronger than before.  He wouldn't stop however.  He wouldn't stop until he had a full set of powerful, and quite nearly invincible armor and weapons that would make him the unstoppable force he was intending to reach.  While he wanted an army to become invincible, he wanted to be so powerful that no one would ever think of defying him.  In this world, power granted you respect and authority.  Calrex could be your average Joe in the real world, but his insane level and his unique skill have granted him immediate respect, his words and voice carrying much weight to any conversation.  Domarus sought to challenge that respect and authority with his own one day.  And if it couldn't be through unique skill, it would be through is guild.  His actions.  And his raw skill, levels, and gear in general.  There was more than one way to reach that point after all.

Then she asked him a rather, unique and unexpected question.  One that, while Domarus hadn't been prepared for was able to come up with a very good response thanks to his quick thinking.  He hadn't gotten to this point by mere accident after all.  He didn't calculate and plan everything, though it could easily seem like it at times.  And neither did he expect to be able to plan for just about everything.  That was impossible as no human could prepare for every single possible outcome.  When he did speak he sounded honorable, truthful, noble, and there was just a small hint of the emotion of ofendedness.  As if he could not believe she would actually question if he'd just let a guild be under attack and look the other way.

"I feel like that's a simple question asking for a simple answer.  Or rather, that you are looking for a single answer.  However I'm afraid I cannot give any simplified answer other than I would aid them.  While I would most certainly never sit on the sidelines and watch another guild be assaulted in any way; physically or verbally, I wouldn't blindly rush in either.  I'd need to understand the situation, who is attacking and why.  At that point I'd be able to make a tactful move to aid them.  If it's black and white such as a guild like the laughing coffin attacking them I would not hesitate to rush in and aid them, though I'd leave players like Aito and Andrea out of it for obvious reasons.  However if it's a guild that has an alternate motive, with more elaborate plans than simply kill everyone, I'd need time to evaluate what their goals would require, how they think, so that I could successfully protect the guild not just from immediate attack, but from any traps, counter attacks, and future plans they have as well.  I'd also send word to other guilds if the threat was that dangerous.  There are strength in numbers after all."  

Not long after he had finished, something dove in at them from above, causing the children to leap back with a cry of shock.  Domarus had raised his arm up to protect him from the blow, but had instead been lifted off the ground with a pair of talons from a flying creature.  It tried flying high into the air but Domarus' armor weighed it down, keeping it from lifting him to any sort of dangerous height.  In the end the creature let go and allowed him to fall down onto the ground.  Domarus had rolled across the surface, not needing light armor to make that maneuver, and drew his massive ax in the process.  The creature, which he now identified as a Harpy, was charging down towards the children.  Domarus shot for them and when he reached them spun around so fast that it was hard to see the movement.  He ground his feet into the ground as he spun his two handed weapon like a shield, deflecting the claws of the Harpy's feet, watching as it screeched in anger as it retreated from the battle.  What Domarus had failed to see was the second Harpy swooping down behind them.  At least, he almost missed it.  It had made the mistake of screeching in victory, which alerted Domarus of it and he swung the weapon at it, causing it to make a last minute retreat.  He pointed to a cluster of stones.

"Hide!"  The two nodded and dashed for it, while Domarus kept up their cover and protected them until they were hidden.  He turned to Hestia.

"You ready?"

Spoiler

Harpys stats:  370 health - 111 damage each

Domarus:  760/760 - 76/76
 @Hestia:   520/520 - 52/52

Harpy 1:  370 - 111 dmg
Harpy 2:  370 - 111 dmg

Total Loot:  1,110 col, 1 MAT, 1 Rare Weapon

2,265 words

I roll my eyes at Keres' comment ever so slightly, knowing that is just how the girl is when it comes to communication. Teasing seems to be almost like the girl's language when it comes to dealing with anybody that doesn't revolve around Domarus' life, or how he operates. With that man being the only one she shows some semblance of respect to, and even normalcy in conversation to a certain degree. Can't expect her to actually have her treat him as a equal when their relationship is that of a master or servant from what they say. It does make me curious what kind of background must a child have to desire to serve anyone at all? What kind of history must they have to reach the point where they are content with just serving and not doing anything they could want anytime. To have to follow the will of another just seeming like some horrible fate that nobody should befall of when all their rights can be taken away. However, even while that is true i am just reminded ever so slightly of the news stories that anyone can hear upon the news. That police can get away with anything they want with the rights words or eye witnesses backing them up, or even just looking at the political level of things. How major companies can get anything they want at any moment do to their connections with major political figures earned through the backing of money, and jobs before the politicians became politicians. This web of connections, and such that people can form over in the government and even on a local level can be frightening and can be akin to slavery when looked at a certain angle. Beyond just what the laws deem as safe and such. That companies are just paying to stay in power, and everyone else is just powerless to stop them since they can't do anything under the disguise of the current politicians having done nothing wrong under the law. When everything should be looked on a moral level of what is deemed right, and best for everyone not for the individuals who could pay for the protection and ability to be above the law.

The thought of that does bring into question whether their is even a point into trusting the government, or even any authority figures that are high up in the political chain. To question the entire state of the nation since everyone can be considered a slave whether they wish to acknowledge it or not then. If everything that came to mind within that moment is even remotely true then that means their is no point trying to live a free life, or one where the idea of having your own will or ideas is even possible. Since the major companies could shut down anything they don't like, and steal it for their own since they would hate to have any type of competition. That people are totally powerless to change anything since the entire thing is one big race of corruption and scandal since every type of election needs some kind of sponsors to be able to make it through the system, and when they accept that money they open themselves up to the big companies waving around their money in that person's face and influencing their decisions. Which leaves everyone little chance of being able to change anything since the big companies and corporations will be the only one with an actual voice within the world. Making all the decisions that will decide people's face which will be ones based on greed. If that is true then how can their ever be considered a free person within any country. With such corruption being able to be both discreet and rather open on how they can sneak into the government funding, and lie their way to the top. Liars that run the world, and make all the rules to force others along some sort of set path of conformity to fit their own wishes. The idea of that sickening me to my core that such people could be running the entire world and making all the decisions. The manipulators and puppet master deciding everything and anything. If only their was someway to prove this besides just a few bad cases that i vaguely remember. if their was some sort of way to confirm these ideas rather then let them remain a mystery during my stay within this game. It has been two entire years without family or loved ones,and not a single way of knowing how much has changed across the globe. To know how much they are missing on their families lives, and what decisions have been made that could affect them. If these thoughts are true and everyone in power are just corrupt manipulators. Then their must be some kind of way to overthrow them like many people throughout history have done. Their must be some kind of active approach to this topic!

I pause and take a calming moment to try and think with clarity. Knowing that letting this plague me could turn me into something i don't wish to be. For now the best i can be able to do regarding this is put it on the back burner. If it can somehow come up again then it should be a topic worth pursing to see if she is truly just some slave to a unnamed unseen corporation, or if their is hope that free will in every form is still possible. To not shackled to corporations who decide her life and her fate within their greedy palms. However, until such a day it shall be left in the back of my own mind. To focus on the problems at hand regarding survival within the death game. Within this killing game that no one signed up for willingly when they bought this game. it truly does big the question of how people can go into such deep pitfalls of mentality to just flat out kill others for amusement. To know their are those out their who can seek to such insanity when they use to be normal people. That their can be such quick personality shifts when presented a world without rules. I shake my head slightly to shake my head from such thoughts and focus back on the present. To focus back on the girl teasing the boy for just a childish crush that will go away after only a day or two. They are children they will find something else new and captivating to them, and chase after that rather then myself. Their is also the fact of the matter these are children so they probably won't remember me at all. I don't plan to be in their lives all that much since they seem to being taken care of. So the chance for memories of myself to stick within their minds would be rather low. It just depends on what frequency these children somehow end up interacting with myself if they remember my face or any lessons i could end up teaching them.

Yeah whatever you say Keres. Just leave the kid be for now it is his young life where love is kind of all over the place. I say with a kind of dismissive wave knowing that young love is very common in kids like that where they think crushes mean they found their one true love. Knowing i had fallen victim to such thoughts myself when i was just young and child within the grade school days where it was just simple living within everybody of the family. Having thought i found love when i was around in third grade and such, but nothing ever became of it since it was just young love. Boys at that age usually don't think of girls all that much since they usually still do the joking cooties thing to girls which is rather silly to think about. Children at a young age being ridiculous in their ideas that things can work, so it is better to just allow them to live in their fantasies till they become harmful. Then it is only the matter of trying to stomp out those fantasies before they can turn into anything worse. I just hope that Keres' teasing isn't anything planned to be worse since the girl is rather strange in all things considered. However, from what she has seen their is nothing vengeful, or manipulative about the girl from what has been viewed of the girl. For now i can only ignore the girl for the moment, and just let her be since she isn't doing any immediate harm to the children from what i can see. Also, their doesn't seem to be much towards her actually being harmful towards other since she hasn't shown any terribly manipulative behavior possibly. Just weirdly overly kind, but that isn't anything to much to worry about.

Kuro looks as the little snake look at him as he waits for the creature come out. To see what it actually does able to feel the heat that the snake lets out slowly dim down as it lowers its flame as he approaches closer. He eventually does land on the ground by the owner of the snake Keres where the snake seems to live by hiding among the clothes. When it sees the snake's tongue flick out the lion let just a flap of his wings be his greeting to the snake since that is basically his only ability to communicate a friendly gesture besides his gentle gaze at the creature that has his interest. To emit the burning flames that warms the homes being a interesting ability to even have, so it is naturally curious about how this thing can even let out its own flames. Kuro watches the snake moves its head and essentially its entire body towards it as it just watches the creature with a curious eye. It then feels the creature nuzzle it, and allows the creature to do it as it then slowly morphs into a hug of some type. The familiar just moves its wing over towards the snake and pats its gently with a wing since hugging isn't something within the capacity of a fore legged creature. The familiar Kuro not seeming to mind the the snake at all as it hugs him, or whatever the snake is planning to do after the hug. Kuro just seeming curious  of what it plans to do. Kuro looks to the little creature after petting it with its tail and tries to fly backwards trying to see if the creature would want to try flying through the air, or if it is only comfortable when wrapped around its owner. Kuro curiously testing to see how far this creature is curious about itself when it comes to what each other is able to do and such in terms of  being comfortable. To see if the little snake is willing to try and test the airs of the sky, or if it is only content when being wrapped against its master's flesh. The young lion curious to test the courage of the small reptile, and to see if it can try to make this little thing trust it. Not caring much for the small dragon off towards the side of the giant armored one. Not caring much for that one since it had seen already other dragons before, but a dragon without wings is a new one to the young lion and wanting to see if it has the same courage to take the air.

I hear this man's words and just nods my head. Not mind the words since having such gear would be nice. With the gear in question being lots and lots of materials to purchase what he needs from the player known as Morgen. It is only a matter of time trying to kill the appropriate amount of loot minimum mobs, and hope that the gods of luck are on her side when trying to acquire such things. Since if they aren't then getting anything at all will be absolutely miserable to trudge through. The only benefit from all of this is seeing all of the Greek myths coming to life on this floor to entertain me rather greatly. To be able to have enough potions to prep for any boss is a priority when trying to approach them since if inadequate gear, and prep is not ready when facing against a boss. Then only death will be awaiting myself if i try to face this enemy that is unknown. Event bosses are always a mystery that can't be approached with any knowledge beforehand. it is just hope for the best and go for it hoping that everything works out by itself when going into a boss fight. I calmly look around the floor that is around myself looking at the area, and hoping that the enemy will be as obvious as the last one.  I can only hope for that since a surprise attack against the children could be a murder within only a few moments. I wonder though even though bosses and such are a mystery i must wonder though what is facing one even like? Is it terrifying to face an enemy that you never expect to fight? is it actually exciting to know that you can possibly conquer a boss that you know absolutely nothing about, and beat the odds that are stacked against you from all sides. It would be rather interesting to face a boss possibly leading players to challenge such a monumental challenge before them. To try and become a hero of the lower players would be interesting. To have their own mini little front lines fight against a foe would be something worth trying, and seeing how it would play out. Would she or anybody have the actual confidence to take up leadership? Who would take up leadership if nobody stepped up immediately? Would myself even try to stand up for such a challenge? I can only hope that i would be able to do so since leading is the first step to being the hero i know can truly be for the lower players. To be their protector, and guardian through the fights ahead.

Their is also the mattering of knowing just how many players are their of each tier. If their are bosses for separate tiers, and how such things are handled. To now that the front line could be very faraway while us lower leveled are meant to face the beast that could be a boss by their lonesome. I can imagine just faces of fear and worry. To know that a fight could be their last if they faced some kind of event boss on their own. I can only hope their are enough tanks around to try and tank the damage away from the DPS players or supports even in a fight. I sigh softly knowing i am thinking way to much of a possibility that could be unlikely depending on the strength of the creature in question. Their is only time telling of where and how far players could get if given the chance with this. To see who will be the ones taking charge on a front lines like scenario. I can imagine guild leaders easily stepping up, but their needs to be a voice for each faction of players possibly to speak on the part of the whole to figure out which types of players are around. Then trying to order around that mess. I give myself another mental slap wondering why i am thinking so much on this. i can only assume it is worry knowing that their have been events happening, and know their are things called event bosses do to having heard them from other games, so maybe it is just possible my brain is realizing that fact and is trying to prepare for a possible scenario. To prepare for possibly giving my life to protect a group of players i might not even know.

At hearing the answer it shocks me out of my thoughts, and i slightly frown knowing that the answer could be more optimal. That the player could actually try to help the guild that is under attack. All their is to it is helping as much as possible as fast as possible within a battle if you know the side worth helping. Any traps or such can be found out as the battle goes on by having members searching for plans and such of the opposing forces, and trying to counter them with counter traps, or strategies that could go against the traps that have been found out while optimal helping has been occurring between a combined guild effort. To waste time trying to figure every little thing about what could be happening if possible or not could leave people dying do to inactivity and hesitance by this player. Even with this at the very minimum he is willing to help out another guild at the very minimum if given the right conditions which is better then nothing at all. To try and help out and save the Celestial Ascendants if give a chance to do so. I just nod my head at that figuring it is only enough to be enough to put him where he usually is towards me. in the neutral spectrum of how i view people. Since he isn't a evil person since he wouldn't abandon the guild to die at the very minimum, but isn't viewed in the positive light since he is not willing to help immediately which could leave people to die do to the few moments of hesitation to try and figure everything out. Yes their is strength in numbers which is why guild's with good intentions and messages deserved to be helped out right away, so they can be given the chance to survive the fight without actual players dying do to the chaos and instability that could be an actual guild war between factions. If anything you could approach the battle to help the defending guild with your strength to learn what you can among players talking against the enemy if they do so, and have people like Keres or some other strong member go around to try and figure out what is happening in regards to traps, plans, intentions of both sides in the fight. That way minimal losses can be had among the players through the aid of another player of strength. I say to you with a calm look of just neutralness. No suspicion, no doubts, no hostility. Just utter neutralness to your existence, and decisions that you had made in this. That you are no enemy, but are not a friend either. Just a ally that can help with growing strength in the coming fights.

After saying that i see a shadow move along the ground and look up and see it is a harpy coming towards something nearby. I quickly follow its plan of swooping down and attacking the target, and see that it is aiming for the children. I quickly move to protect them from another side ignoring the fact that you are also defending them. Just instincts kicking in to protect the young ones from danger that could be the end of them. I watch as one gets batted away, but i quickly spot the other as it is forced to retreat at the attack that you do as i just nod my head at that as i hear the command to the children as i nod to my familiar and gesturing him to follow me. Figuring that this could end up being a uphill battle if not careful. Their is only the matter to see if surviving it is the possibility. One that i consider rather likely as long as i can have them focus upon me, and just trust in Domarus to lower their health down into nothing. I quickly slam my sword into my shield having the harpy's notice my existence as i look at them with a fierce glare as i activate howl with a roar to go along with it. Come here and fight me you winged weaklings. I say just wanting to do so just to make sure their attention is on me as i quickly back away from you and away from the running children to make sure they have no other target in mind, or in their sight in trying to attack. I just grin and wait as i look at the Harpy's and waits to see what will happen. Just prepping myself for the inevitable attack upon my person. I take a sturdy stance, holds my shield close to me and tightly. Then prepares to strike at them if given a chance to do some damage during this onslaught. I hear them screech loudly in contempt at my words and actions as i just chuckle having expected this. However, i don't care all that much as i wait for them to begin targeting me with all their hatred and contempt for my very existence.

At the command to move Kuro quickly puts the fire snake back with its owner and flies over to its own ready to defend against these winged beasts that are threatening to harm its owner. It gives them a glare and low growl ready to give them a beating for trying to harm its master. Not fully understanding that this is my way of battling foes which is the method of having them kill themselves. Which has worked rather well, and my familiar has seen many such battles. However, it just can't resist the animal protective instincts towards its owner, and is eager to fight things that try to harm such a person. I nod my head to my familiar glad he will be with me in this fight towards fighting these creatures. Man and beast the combination that has allowed each survive for centuries told and untold to the human history. The ability to hunt, think, and survive effectively being a rather nice bonus for this symbiotic relationship between the two different species.

Hearing your words i chuckle a little at such a notion as i just give a look. I am always ready to protect my life and others. I am a tank, so i am kinda ready at all time in regards to safety and damage since i can't do much besides let the enemy kill themselves on me. i say with a small shrug and speaking in a semi joking tone as i watch the harpies as they circle in the air like vultures waiting for a sign, just the smallest little tell of weakness from their land locked opponents. I mean i have to ask if you're ready mister battle-axe. You burned through lots of energy last time. Do you think you can keep up with two enemies this time around if only one can tucker you out so much. I say in a teasing and joking tone of voice just wanting to give the armored man who conceals his face a hard time. Knowing that if he truly cared for his image he wouldn't dare do anything to me since i could spread word like wildfire do to the amount of people i know with just a simple send button on my message. Also, if he can take such talk then that means he at least has a sense of humor which would make him more tolerable to be around then a person without one, and would allow myself to make it more enjoyable to have him around as something more then just a giant hammer who can beat up mobs with ease. That being all about this Domarus' strength is good for at the moment just being a giant weapon to swing around to kill mobs and get the bonus from them as much as possible within my eyes. I can only hope that strength is put to good in the future being a voice whenever a boss could come for the players of Aincrad in a event, or possibly assisting a guild if they get attacked by something of the likes of Laughing or if their is a worse then that.

Domarus:  760/760 - 76/76
[H:6] Hestia:   520/520 - 42/52  -10 ENG Howl  (14 thorns on non crit hits to hestia)

Harpy 1:  370 - 111 dmg
Harpy 2:  370 - 111 dmg

4,115 words 21,684 characters

"Rushing in without understanding the situation is suicide.  Ambushes, traps.  These are the simplest of things to worry about Hestia.  Do not get me wrong, I'm not going to stand there and just watch the fight, I intend to help.  However I intend to move cautiously rather than rush in blindly.  I've made that mistake once in my past, and it will never.  Ever.  Happen again."  She had no reason to believe that he was lying.  In fact, if she took a moment to think about it, this was the most logical and reasonable way to go about things.  Especially when it came to the long run.  He was running to aid others, but he was also ensuring the safety of his own in the process.  Numbers made you strong, in both arms and levels, however no one was invincible.  She should know that by now.  However he should add more to ensure something.

"Anyone who hunts, kills, tortures and abuses those in pain or need.  The innocent, the vulnerable.  Those who take what is not theirs.  Those who intend to break the bones of others.  It is my goal to protect players from these people Hestia.  It is one of the many reasons I have forged my guild.  Not for glory.  Not for conquest.  Not for the sake of making a name for myself, nor for others.  But to clear this game, free the players in it.  And make sure that everyone leaves this God forsaken world along with me."

When she commented on his energy and skill he simply laughed lightly.  

"Oh dear Hestia.  It burns out for a reason."  He waited for the Harpies to be close enough where he could strike them in unison.  He activated charge and released Explode Catapult and dealt an incredible two hundred and sixty six damage to both of the monsters, cleaving nearly all of their health out in one go.  The Harpy's were slammed against a nearby boulder and were unable to attack Hestia due to the impact.  He grinned under his helmet but gave room for Hestia in case she decided to attack or not.

Spoiler

ID#  93452  BD:  3+3=6  19x14=266 dmg  MD:  2
ID#  93453  BD:  3+3=6  19x14=266 dmg  MD:  1

[H:1] Domarus:  760/760 - 52/76
[H:6] @Hestia:   520/520 - 42/52  -10 ENG Howl  (14 thorns on non crit hits to hestia)

Harpy 1:  104 - 111 dmg
Harpy 2:  104 - 111 dmg

Edited by Domarus

I just grit my teeth and just turn to face the mobs that are coming to attack myself i just wait calmly and waits for them to charge towards me with my familiar at my side ready to defend at a moment's notice. I can only just ignore your words for the moment since that would mean admitting guilt of once again proving the same little mistake. Clarity not being stated on the sentence matter by this person. I just decide to ignore the words for now knowing being careful is important when trying to help someone or something from a possibly planned attack. However, even if that is the case i know i would never follow that idea. I would just let my heart guide me and jump into the battle and try to help fend off one or just any of the fighters that i could with what i would have at the time.

I acknowledge ever so slightly the words of what his guild is meant to do not giving it my full attention. Just focusing all eyes on the harpies while listing just in and out of what is being said at this point. Wanting to make sure i can be prepared for when the attack comes from them. At the very least from what i have heard is that his guild is about trying to protect and fight back against the people who have gone absolutely mental during their stay within this game. I then watch as the harpy duo try to dive bomb myself as i just calmly sit and watch preparing for the impact as i steady my stance as i do so. However, instead of getting a hit they are both knocked away by a familiar axe. I watch as their trajectory landed into a boulder and hard. I just chuckle feeling no pity for those things as i turn to them, and goes over what i could do within my mind. I then just stay where i am and just waits since their is no real use in doing anything else. The damage that can be done to them is high enough that my help would be irrelevant at this moment. You got this Domarus i can't really do anything besides just be their little hate magnet since my attacks won't even scratch them. I say as i just calmly watch the events that are going to transpire.

ID#  93452  BD:  3+3=6  19x14=266 dmg  MD:  2
ID#  93453  BD:  3+3=6  19x14=266 dmg  MD:  1

[H:2] Domarus:  760/760 - 52/76
[H:6] hestia:   520/520 - 43/52  (14 thorns on non crit hits to hestia)

Harpy 1:  104 - 111 dmg
Harpy 2:  104 - 111 dmg

Domarus watched her and was furious that she was deliberately ignoring him.  He was losing his patience, particularly since he was going through so much hard work to convince her otherwise, but her stubbornness, or perhaps her pride, was keeping her from giving him a chance.  He wanted to beat her to a crumbling shell but he needed to be patient.  He would store this event in his memory banks until a later date.  He could easily use it against her.  If he could keep racking up evidence, then he could perhaps force her to face her guilt and abandon her pride, to either acknowledge his reasoning, give him a chance, or choose to be a person she most likely did not wish to be.  Regardless of the outcome he would succeed.  He would triumph.  And she would bow to him in one form or another.  Of that there was absolutely no question.  Domarus heard Hestia's comment and nodded.

"As you wish," he said before rushing in to deal the final blow.  Domarus released another sword art, which he swung in a way to trap and cleave through the two of them.  However that didn't end up happening.  One of the Harpies climbed onto the other and pushed off, forcing the first Harpy into Domarus' ax, and allowing the second to escape the attack.  While Domarus' ax destroyed the first mob, reaping them one thousand, four hundred and eighty col, as well as one material, the other flew at Hestia and landed a hyper critical hit as it tore it's talons into her throat or face, depending on how she moved.

ID#  93454  BD:  4+3=7  MD:  1  15x8=120 dmg
ID#  93455  BD:  1  MD:  10

ID#  93456  CD:  11  LD:  8  =  1,480 col, 1 MAT

[H:2] Domarus:  760/760 - 36/76
[H:6] @Hestia:   520/520 - 43/52  (14 thorns on non crit hits to hestia)

Harpy 1:  0 - 111 dmg
Harpy 2:  104/370 - 111 dmg

Edited by Domarus

i watch the harpies as one seems to be able to react faster then the other which is proven rather quickly as it quickly pushes its fellow species into the axe to escape itself. I frown ever so slightly not do to the blatant act of betrayal, but more so do to the fact of myself having hoped for a easy double kill on the enemy. I focus on the one that got away as it comes at me with surprising speed as i quickly try to side step diagonally backwards towards the right while raising my shield. However, i only get a powerful claw to my throat as i instinctively try to raise my hand to it. I lower my hand down fighting that urge as i quickly lash out in defense at the creature not willing to let this creature get away with such a hit to me. However, i quickly take a calming breathe realizing it would be a waste of my energy, and my energy and health will just regen between battles anyway. I straighten my posture and just watches as the Harpy passes by me.

[H:3] Domarus:  760/760 - 36/76
[H:6] @Hestia:   486/520 - 43/52  (14 thorns on non crit hits to hestia) (79 MIT)

Harpy 2:  104/370 - 111 dmg