[PP-F4] Smashing a Giant Icicle <<Avalanche>> [Complete]

Although it lifted Veriost's spirit to return to her home floor once in a while, Vigilon didn't appreciate this floor as much as his small white frost dragon did. "Right, so you're laid-back and often sleeping when on any other floor, but you seem wide-awake and nostalgic whenever we are on this one." He was walking in the town of Snowfrost, hoping to find someone who could tag along with him to take on the quest where he would face an ice monster known as Avalanche. He could have tried taking on the creature on his own, but he couldn't be too sure with what he heard the monster's damage was. He knew he had to become stronger and all, but he also needed to do so without getting himself killed in the process. He decided to wait near the bulletin board, and sat on a bench. He remembered all the times in which he was stuck sleeping on benches like a homeless guy. Not anymore.

@Mars

Edited by Vigilon
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snowfrost. he says in a rather bored and lazy expression as he is wearing his armor and gear ready for combat already as he steps onto the fourth floor. Hoping to find a actual challenge after defeating the weak little queen bee on the lower floors. He can only hope the walking snowman can provide much better entertainment then the queen had done for him. Otherwise this would be a rather disappointing fight overall. He opens his inventory and checks the equipment he has and nods his head seeing the tools to use before the fight. More damage check, more hp check, Hp potions. Double check. He says outloud while walking through the town till he spots something rather interesting to say the least. A familiar near the master of said familiar near a questing board. He looks over the attire of the individual to see what they have for themselves and sees a decent amount of strength that could be their. A worthy ally for certain against this ice annoyance.

He walks over towards the player removing his helmet as he does so to try and not give the full on intimidation that his armor is meant to give. Excuse me player i notice you have a familiar and are near the questing board for this floor. If the reason you're here is to crush the ice sculpture i am in the same boat and would appreciate the company. The armored figure says to the stranger in front of him talking politely and respectfully. However, he couldn't care less about that it is just customary to do as such since it builds that initial step of trust and kindness that can bloom into camaraderie.

What a nice cold day it seemed, for a time to shatter a beast made of ice. Vigilon heard a voice, and turned to see someone in armor, who seemed to also want to take on Avalanche. Upon being mentioned, Veriost's head perked up, and she looked at the player curiously. "So you want to take on the abominable icicle too, eh? Sure, under normal conditions, I would try to take on the thing myself, but I wasn't too sure due to the current damage it has, and considering that I currently only have 9 mitigation, I figured I take it on with an ally just in case." Veriost took flight and circled around the player a few times, then returned to Vigilon's shoulder. He chuckled, then said, "This is Veriost. Normally she is pretty laid-back, but she can be a bit nostalgic for this floor. After all, I met her here. In this floor, rather, not this exact spot." Now he just had to introduce himself. "I'm Vigilon."

He chuckles slightly at the nickname to be polite. However, to the ears of anyone it would sound genuine after all he was a master in the art of performing. Well i am happy to have company along with this quest. Also,  I am in similar boat myself mister Vigilon. Sadly i don't have the armor that i have ordered as of yet. Just only what i could get from quests. So mitigation, accuracy, and some heavy momentum from the basic package they give players nowadays. He says with a nod of his head before looking to the draconic familiar and nod his head. Also nice to meet you also little Veriost, He says to the familiar to be polite before looking to the player and nods his head. The name is Mars i am solo player who uses martial arts as my style of fighting. He says to his going to be partner figuring that sharing such information would be priority to figure out any solid battle strategy before the field boss.

So this player had a similar issue. In Vigilon's case, he might need to pay a visit to a tailor, possibly Krysta if she sets up shop sooner than expected. The player then introduced himself as Mars. "A solo player, hm? Guess there are plenty these days. I have ended up learning just how not-so-good the One-Handed Straight Sword turns out to be recently, So I'm working towards Martial Arts myself. However, I'd probably have to get a pair of handwraps first..." He would eventually need to find time to start recruiting for his future Guild again, and possibly have a better turnout than last time. Better Armor, Martial Arts skill and weapon, Guild, Growing stronger, all this was on his current agenda for the next few days. "Either way, from what I heard the boss's stats are, we should be able to handle it fairly well, so ready when you are, I guess."

He nods his head as he listen to this player not particularly caring that much, but he does nod his head and put on a understanding face as if having some sympathy for accidentally going down a wrong weapon path and such. The act being so that nobody could tell that it is fake. Well i do hope that you're able to get all that fixed up regarding the one-handed weapon Vigilon. Also i am ready to departs towards the creature anytime that you would be i only request that before we get to fighting the boss you allow me to prepare by using some items to buff myself to make sure my possibility of survival is at maximum. He asks this player as he starts to walk towards the destination for this quest making sure you are follow him towards the quest location. The man known as Mars looking at this player and wondering how useful this player will be in the upcoming fight, and what type of familiar this dragon is since that does change how well the battle will go in either situation depending on what the familiar can do.

Vigilon nodded his head as he heard. "I understand. The boss is going nowhere, so we can take our sweet time all we want, actually." Since that was true, he had some time to dwell on his tasks and reminiscence to himself his memories. When he looked at his surroundings as the two walked(Not as fast as first expected, but oh well. besides, it made more time), he realized that it reminded him somewhat of the forest he would walk over to every now and then during the wintertime. Beautiful scenery would create itself in so many ways, such as whenever white cloaks the earth in snow and ice. He wondered though, since his familiar fought with an ice-cold breath attack, what good would that do against a creature literally MADE of ice? "Veriost, is your frost breath the only battle tactic you know? I can't be certain if it would be better or worse if the enemy is made from the exact same element..."

@Mars

Well it is more so for the preparation of the matter. The speed upon which we get to the boss is not a bother to me at all Vigilon. Well actually it kind of is since i don't have the survival perk, so i do still feel the biting cold of this floor. The only grace i have is that my coat is warm enough to allow me to stay warm enough to not be that bothered by it for the majority of my body. He says to this player with a shrug of his shoulders as he walks along with the man through the town to get to the tundras that the boss is stated to reside in. He looks over the player and hears how his familiar has breathe attacks. Mars himself just grins internally at that as it just narrowed down that this man's familiar is a damage variant which means the player must be going after a DPS build of some type. Now their is only the matter of figuring out how to handle the enemy ahead. With what is available to him he should be good enough to where he can really damage the boss with the items he has on his person. With the current endeavor being a matter of figuring out how well his partner can do in damage.

So then Vigilon regarding your one handed weapon just how much damage are you able to do? Since coordinating our attacks should be something we consider. Who'll enter the fight first, and how will we handle the boss. For example, would one of us use a stun attack first to try and give a free turn of no damage to attack. Or would we instead go for maximum damage with our strongest attack. He asks the player at his side waiting to see his reaction to see if he is a thinker and planner, or just a doer when it comes to these fights.

Mars made his explanation. "You tell me. I had to end up sleeping on this floor once. On a bench. Without anything to use even as a makeshift sheet. At least, that was before I managed to start my shop." He still felt the cold. Sure, he couldn't feel pain, but he could feel the freezing cold(Especially when Veriost was aggravated). Mars then asked a few questions regarding the coming fight, such as what Vigilon's damage output was, who should strike first, and whether they should start with a stun or just go full force all the way. "Well, my base damage is 6, and my maximum damage is 24, not including critical hits. I know a stun sword art that deals my maximum damage, but it could be slightly costly for my energy. Even then, I think I could handle that. I guess I could go in first and attempt to stun the creature."

@Mars

Slept on this floor? At the very least this person isn't a wimp by any memes then if he was willing to sleep outside like that. Though it does beg the question of why would they do that when they could just go to a different floor to sleep. Not the brightest, but surely has a strong will to handle such things. Well then seems like you had been through a little bit Vigilon. Hopefully you can put that strong will power to use in this boss fight. He says in a joking tone and a smile. Not really caring that much about this individual, but their strength of spirit and possibly weapon depending on if they go into real damage is something to think on in regards to a partnership of some sort. He then just nods his head at hearing the stats for the man. Sounds like a plan then Vigilon. You'll go into the attack first for the creature hoping to gain a stun, and then i'll go in with my strongest sword art to try and defeat the creature. he says with a nod of his head since that is a solid plan with what they have. Especially after he acquires his buffs before the fight at hand to tackle the boss.

He looks through the town hiding his boredom as they finally exit it as the full blast of ice and snow strikes the players as their is no walls or lights, or homes that could emit heat to try and lower the temp. Nothing but the frozen tundra that lays ahead till the field boss spawns.

As the two players left the safe zone, the first thing that came up was, "Did the weather really have to turn sour right NOW!?!?" Either it was coincidental, or the duo had unwittingly wandered into this tundra's blizzard. "Well, this happened." As Vigilon pushed through the snow and blizzard, he tried to encourage himself with some good memories. He still recalled that winter when his father was still alive, and his sister wasn't that hardened and self-shut. Vigilon would make a snowball while his dad and his sister made a snowman, and there was no surprise as to what happened as soon as Vigilon made his first shot, knocking the carrot straight off the thing's head snowball. "W-wha-? Oh, you!" "You want some, too?" "Bring it on!" It was nice to recall memories that were at least a little close to the snow-covered floor, excluding the freezing blizzard the two players were going through now, back at the present time.

@Mars

As they walked through the tundra of the fourth floor it seemed that the Tundra has wished to fight back of all things. It feels his bones chill absolutely in this weather as he uses his arm to try and protect his eyesight during the storm as he looks ahead. 'Now of all times really? Kayaba you annoying prick. I will make sure to torture you slowly when i get control of this system somehow.'  he thinks angrily to himself at this situation and more specifically at the weather. he then looks over to his companion for this quest, and possibly more depending on how useful he proves to be. 'It seems this kid isn't bothered at all by the weather at least. Hopefully i can continue to act proper during this, and convince him that working with me is to his benefit. After all quests will fall one after the other if their is two DPS rather then one.' He thinks to himself making to gather his thoughts and plans up as best as he is able to do so. He just sighs in frustration as he goes through his menu and takes out all he needs for this quest. Not wanting to deal with the giant icicle if it comes from this weather. The sight hindrance would be an annoyance beyond all measure. better to prepare now rather then later encase the beast comes while they are blinded within this Tundra snowstorm. he takes out a over-health potion, the damage potion, and the accuracy fish that you can get from the lesson quests and quickly downs them in prep for the battle ahead.

Over-health used: +50 Temp HP for one thread

Damage potion: +1 to base damage for one thread

Strong fish(fourth lesson quest): +1 to BD for one thread.

The two players continued pushing through the harsh blizzard, which seemed to worsen after a bit. "Now this is really getting annoying. If this cold doesn't stop us, the rising snow might." It was possible, Vigilon's feet seemed to be sinking deeper and deeper the more they pushed through. Vigilon could barely spot a place not filling up with snow. "Is that an ice cave? Quick, before we suffocate in the snow!" Once the players reached the ice cave, there was definitely less of a snow threat. However... Veriost began tugging at Vigilon's ear. "Oh, now what?" When Vigilon turned, he saw a huge beast made from ice, that almost blended in with the frigid, frozen cave walls. "So it's one thing after another, is it?" He readied his Sword Art, Horizontal Square, and attacked the living ice sculpture, properly known as Avalanche, the name shown above the beast's HP bar. The creature attempted to retaliate as it roared in anguish, but missed. From the looks of it, Vigilon had also scored a critical hit, afflicted the monster with bleed, and successfully stunned it. "You're up, Mars!"

@Mars

ID# 93097 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

ID# 93098 Mob: 3-1=2(Miss)

Horizontal Square- 8x4=32

[Stats and Equipment]:

Spoiler

Level:  14
HP:  280
EN:  33(Base[28], Energist[5])
Damage: 6(White blade[+2], Veriost[+1], One handed straight sword Rank 2[+2])

Mitigation: 9(Sunset's Light)

Accuracy: 1(Karri's Fang)

Evasion: 1(Sunset's Light)

Recovery: 2(Sunset's Light, Karri's Fang)

Bleed: 1(White Blade)

Equipment:

White Blade(2 Damage, 1 Bleed)

Sunset's Light(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

[2] Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 26/33

Enemies:

Avalanche: HP 68/100, 40 DMG, {Stunned} Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Mars just frowns as he continues trudging through the snow finding this entire matter annoying. Their is only the matter of trying to get from point B from point A. The snow's continuous pelting of his body and freezing up his joints and limbs feeling like a slow death at this point. However, when he hears mention of a cave by his partner well he might as well believe him or die in this weather. He quickly makes his way over towards the cave where it gets pointed out, and once inside breathes a slight breathe of relief. However, it is short lived by the rumbling of ice and rock as he turns to see the giant ice sculpture. Not now Avalanche! I'm having a bad time! Prepare to face my might. he says temporarily losing his calm demeanor to show his annoyance and anger at this creature showing up after he had to deal with it's snow storm, and now it trying to kill him.

He quickly dashes forward and pushes off the ground and then spins in the air with a grin that is covered by his helmet as his foot slams in the ice sculpture sending cracks all along its body. As its health drops down to just barely red, and then the bleed activate knocking it down to red at that moment.  Vigilon. Kill this ice sculpture. I'm done trying to play its reindeer games, and i don't want to see it coming back on christmas day next time. Himself unable to avoid a bad pun in hopes of trying to make this vigilon his ally through acting like others would. Make a joke, and be kind and courteous. A rather simple task if he should say so himself.

#93101 BD: 4+2=6   7x6=42  

[H:1] Mars: HP: 250/200  ENG: 20/20  DMG: 7  ACC: 2    Heave momentum x2 (+2 damage after a miss)    MIT: 9  (-9 to enemy attacks)

[2] @Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 26/33

Enemies:

Avalanche: HP 14/100, 40 DMG, Stunned: 0/1   Bleed: 1/2 Turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Mars

Clearly, Mars wasn't too happy about Avalanche's timing either. He attacked the living colossal ice sculpture, dealing quite a bit of damage. The enemy's HP was now low. He should be able to finish the battle with a simpler Sword Art. He rushed for his foe and attempted to attack with Snake Bite, but missed. Avalanche also tried to make his move, now that it wasn't stunned, but his attack was far too slow. He could have finished this easily. It was still possible for this fight to end in say, like the next few seconds, if Mars successfully used at least the Aggressive Twins Sword Art. It wouldn't be long before the enemy was destroyed, but the bleed damage wouldn't be enough on it's own. One of the two players would have to make the final blow here. "He might not be dead yet, but just another good hit or two ought to finish him!"

(OOC: Damage over time happens during the turn of the one afflicted by it. At least, that's what I know about it.)

@Mars

ID# 93244 BD: 2+1=3(Miss)

ID# 93245 BD: 2-1=1(Miss)

Snake Bite- Failed!

[1] Mars: HP 250/200  EP 8/20 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 2  |  Heavy momentum x2 (+2 damage after a miss)  |  MIT: 9  (-9 to enemy attacks)

[2] Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 25/33

Enemies:

Avalanche: HP 14/100, 40 DMG, Bleed: 1 Turn, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

He looks at the giant ice sculpture that is still living and being a rather big nuisance for himself as just the fact for it existing is something that needs to be dealt with on its highest level. he slowly makes his way over towards the living ice sculpture with a blank expression his face that is hidden by his helmet that covers his face. Then then bends his legs slightly preparing to end this boss wit ha sword art that hasn't failed him all that much when he goes to use it in combat. He then quickly jumps up towards the creature and slams his knee into the creature as it shatters away from its body before then shattering into crystals like all mobs do when destroyed. he then lands with a heavy thud do to the sound of heavy armor against the ground. he then turns towards the one that had accompanied him on his quest. This enemy wasn't even worth prepping for it seems like. Just another weakling that couldn't take two hits at all. Seems like i am holding these mobs in to high regard if they fall all so easily. He says in annoyance as he wonders if this game could give him a interesting challenge at some point. He then looks over to this player and grins a bit as a thought enter his mind. Vigilon i prepped myself for this boss, and i will still have the buffs for quite awhile. What would you say to us going on some mob killing rounds to make the most of these buffs while they last? He asks the player out of curiosity.

#93248  BD: 8+2=10  MD: 1  Delayed sword: 7x4=28

[2] Mars: HP 250/200  EP 8/20 | DMG: 7 | ACC: 2  |  Heavy momentum x2 (+2 damage after a miss)  |  MIT: 9  (-9 to enemy attacks)

[2] @Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 25/33

Enemies:

Avalanche: HP -14/100, 40 DMG, Bleed: 1 Turn, 12 DMG (dead)

Edited by Mars

Mars made his attack, and shattered the boss. When he landed, Vigilon said the one thing on his mind. "That was...far too easy. The thing didn't hit us, either! Fragile and slow, that's what this boss turned out to be, a big, slow, heavy glass cannon. Or should I say, a big, slow, heavy ice cannon?" He smirked at the pun he'd made. He looked outside. The blizzard had subsided. He turned to Mars. "Is this a major coincidence, or was Avalanche somehow the source of the blizzard? Never mind, who cares? Anyways, I'm sure we have some extra time to deal with a few more mobs. Let's try not to sink in the snow that rose during the blizzard though, right?" As he walked out, he could see that out of the icy cave, the snow was up to Vigilon's knees. "Okay, doesn't seem that bad, now we just have to make sure this doesn't slow us down too much..."

@Mars

He grins a bit at this player agreeing that things were rather disappointing in terms of that boss' strength. he had expected a fight do to the floor's strength and his own level, but he just got left with the feeling of a cold shoulder. he calmly walks through the snow and offers a polite laugh that sounds genuine to the rather terrible pun that was made. Having not found it funny at all, but it is necessary to try and retain a appearance of normalcy and such around this player. A support player is not one that is seen often, and he can only assume that the person is a support of some type do to that bleed damage. it is rather strange that this boss had the power of creating a blizzard of some sort. Possibly something to look out for when it comes to later boss' it might be possible they can induce area affects on the terrain then. he says as a deduction of the situation of the quests that could be presented in the future. The more this player survives the more use he can be to him. He stops into the snow and sees that it could be a hindrance, but luckily all he usually needs is a few lucky shots against his foes and that could be enough to handle them with the right attack.

It really wasn't often that an entity would be the source of a terrain effect. From what he had heard, such terrain issues would occur on floor five, or floor nine, even. Still, a blizzard had gone by, and now there was more inches of snow to get through to move around. Vigilon looked around, and when he heard multiple footsteps crunching in the snow, he turned to see four ice elementals headed in his direction. At first, Vigilon almost thought they were mini-Avalanches, but then he remembered, Avalanche was basically a giant ice elemental. He attacked using Vertical square, getting a direct hit on one, striking two, and missing the last one. The Ice Elementals made their way towards Vigilon. Two of them missed, one fell flat into the snow, and the last one struck Vigilon pretty hard, although his HP remained green. "I think we should use Area of Effect attacks here, and if all goes well, we might be able to loot them!"

@Mars

ID# 93586 BD: 8(Hit) CD: 7(Recovered 2 Energy)

ID# 93587 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

ID# 93588 BD: 4+1=5(Miss) (note, I forgot to edit roll purpose for this one)

ID# 93589 BD: 8(Hit)

ID# 93590 Mob: 3-1=2(Miss)

ID# 93591 Mob: 2(Miss)

ID# 93592 Mob: 1(Crit. Miss)

ID# 93593 Mob: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

Vertical Square- 6x4=24(Non-crit), 8x4=32(Hyper Crit)

[2] Vigilon: HP 246/280, EP 27/33

Enemies:

Ice Elemental 1: HP 116/140, 42 DMG

Ice Elemental 2: HP 108/140, 42 DMG, Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG

Ice Elemental 3: HP 140/140, 42 DMG

Ice Elemental 4: HP 116/140, 42 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

He looks out towards the snow and see four mini-Avalanches and looks at them with a slight board expression as he quickly  rushes towards the ice elementals after seeing Vigilon move towards the elemental. After the first strike Mars quickly jumps over the other players and quickly activates Tornado Kicks hitting most of these enemies as the last Elemental is able to back away from the attack at the last second unlike its bretherin. After the strikes he quickly kicks off of the enemies and lands onto the ground and quickly realizes he has the most hate right now. Well this could go absolutely horribly with what these creatures can do possibly. He says with a slight frown and prepares for the worst in terms of damage.

Spoiler

#93683  BD: 4+2=6    7x6=42

#93684  BD: 5+2=7  7x6=42

#93685  BD:9 (crit normal)  8x6=48

#92686: BD:1(crit fail)  0

[2] @Vigilon: HP 246/280, EP 27/33

[3] Mars: HP:200/200   EP: 2/20  | DMG: 7 | ACC: 2  |  Heavy momentum x2 (+2 damage after a miss)  |  MIT: 9  (-9 to enemy attacks)

Enemies:

Ice Elemental 1: HP 74/140, 42 DMG

Ice Elemental 2: HP 66/140, 42 DMG, Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG

Ice Elemental 3: HP 92/140, 42 DMG

Ice Elemental 4: HP 116/140, 42 DMG

Edited by Mars