A Typical Day..? [PP~F1]

Neo looked up to the dark and cloudy skies. The weather changed oh so often here in this virtual imitation of the real world. Snowflakes had begun to fall from their perches up in the dark sky and cover the ground in their pure white color. He picked up some snow, the cold didn't really bother him anyways, and balled it up into something that resembled a snowball. Neo grinned. Oh, he was gonna cause some mayhem today. He looked over at the nearest person and called out, "Hey there! Think fast!" Just as the person turned to reply in greeting, a snowball turned to greet them right in the face. The person wiped the snow off their face and looked at Neo with a glare of bloodlust. They grinned evilly and made their own snowball to toss at Neo. But as soon as they made their throw, he ducked, and the snowball hit another person walking by, catching them off-guard and pushing them into the snow. After rinsing and repeating this basic strategy, he basically had multiple plazas in an all-out snowball war. Everywhere you looked, a snowball seemed to head your way with your name on it. No matter where you turned to look, you could hear the laughs and banter of dozens of people battling it out in with their snowballs of mass destruction flinging towards their targets. It was pure pandemonium.

And Neo absolutely adored it!

He dodged left and right, tossing snowballs in each and every direction, causing more people to join in on the chaotic fun. Some even hit the NPCs, which resulted in hilarious glitches and mistakes in the AI's behavior patterns. Neo's karma, however, began to catch up to him. Once he turned around to face the center of the plaza, five different snowballs, all of which were the more larger than the average, were heading straight towards his head. Neo hit the deck and let the snowballs fly right above him, crashing into a group of other people. Unfortunately however, now he had two groups of people on him, as the other group believed Neo was the one who threw the projectile snow at them. He ran throughout multiple plazas, ducking into multiple alleyways until he finally found one in which he could lay low in. However, in his haste, he collided right into someone who had also seemingly attempted to get away from all the disordered chaos. Neo rubbed his head, headache forming, and opened his eyes and found blurred vision. He was able to see enough though that he could see the unfortunate soul he had crashed into. A girl,  slightly taller than Neo to his dismay, and blonde. he slowly got up, staggered a bit, and then offered his hand to the girl.

"Sorry about that, was in a bit of a blind rush. Are you alright?"

WC: 479

@Ruby

(Sorry if the post seems a bit lackluster, I'm just never good at starters!)

Ruby had wore her new outfit she had gotten from Sapphire and she had went back down to the first floor, why she was here seemed to be a bit of a mystery as to why she was even here, its just she had found herself here without thinking. She had looked around, it surely was a bit of time since she had been around on this floor, or seen anything here, she had mostly stayed at the eighth floor at her store or had been training or traveling around on the higher floors. She had sighed, there wasn't much to see here in the town of beginnings, however maybe she could find something outside the town that would be a little more exciting or interesting. However before she knew it a guy had ran into her and she had fell on the ground, Ruby had looked up to him and said getting up by herself "Jesus if I had a dollar everytime a guy ran into me and said the same thing i'd be a millionaire. Watch where you are going."

@Neo

Neo laughed, amused. This girl was different from most. All the women and girls that Neo had met were either frail, fragile, as if a single blow of wind would break them into two, or just as they usually were mostly in the real world sometimes; stuck up and rude, expecting for everyone to do everything for them. She, Ruby was different. She had a confident air to her, seemingly unafraid of any threat, obstacle, or challenge in her way. She was a girl who wouldn't let anyone tell her what to do. Neo enjoyed girls like that, they were good company to keep. After he dusted himself off and straightened out his clothes for a moment or two, Neo muttered another apology while slightly bowing, saying, "Sorry about that mishap, miss, I'm certain it won't happen again. If it does, it'll be under somewhat better conditions, and it won't exactly end up like a complete car crash. Normally I'm much more well-kept than this, but certain circumstances do lead me into being unprepared like this, so yeah." Neo then extended his hand once more, greeting her with a warm proper smile, saying, "The names Neo. We clearly have gotten off on the wrong foot. Mind if we start over?" As he waited for a response, his eyes made tiny movements, darting around nervously for any sign of the mob that had been straight on his tail. He couldn't stay here for two long, and if the girl here didn't want to get trampled, she'd better come with him to.

Might as well introduce himself first at least. I mean, he did just crash right into her.

@Ruby

Ruby had listened to the man speak, however as he had spoken out she had only gotten more and more mad as he had spoke out till eventually she had said out "Look guy, its not god damn hard to look where you are walking to or running to. You have two eyes, use them. I cannot tell you how many times guys had ran up to me and try to make it seem like an accident." she rolled her eyes, however she had taken a deep breath when he had introduced his name and asked to start over, she had said with a bit of a grudge "Its against the better judgment, but fine kid. My name is Ruby, quite a fateful encounter today I suppose." she had said to him then looked away to anything that was in the background that was much more interesting, however this man was already on her bad side and it wouldn't take much for Ruby to just up and walk away really.

@Neo

Neo tilted his head in confusion. What had he done wrong? Did she think he was full of crap? Seriously, this was gonna be an interesting day. This was the first time he had ever made a bad first impression, probably. He began to explain why he had been in such a haste, as Ruby had already turned her attention to some snowflake falling down from the sky and had seemingly decided that's more important than the human being standing right in front of her, when a barrage of snowballs came firing down from the heavens right onto the pairs heads. Neo reacted on instinct, and he quickly took Ruby's hand and began running into the nearest, narrowest, darkest alleyway. He stopped for a minute there and before Ruby could get anything out of her mouth, Neo began spitting information at a light speed, saying, "Okay, look. This all started when I looked up at the sky this morning and thought to myself; 'wow, today seems really depressing for a day in which Christmas is drawing near', call me childish all you want, I don't care, that's what I thought at the time. Anyways, after that, I picked up some of the snow off the ground and made it into a snowball, okay? With me here? Then, I chose some random guy who was walking by me and chucked it at em. He attempted to retaliate, but just ended up hitting someone else. Repeat that process a couple dozen times, and now half of the people in the Town of Beginnings are in a huge snow war. That's why I had been in such a hurry, that's why I had crashed into you and made myself look like an idiotic fool, to run away from the dozen people who had been dogging my trail since the war started! And yes, I know you're probably pissed off for me dragging you into it, and I'm sorry. Sincerely, I am. But now you either run with me and hopefully not get completely trampled, or don't, and probably get trampled and hit by a couple billion snowballs on the way." Neo stared at Ruby for a moment and then asked in a slightly more persuasive than usual tone, "So, are you with me, or not? We don't have to fight back if you don't want to." He then picked up some snow and kneaded it out of anxiety, waiting for Rubys answer.

@Ruby

Ruby had grown a more angered expression as he had grabbed her hand and moved her to a dark alleyway, "The f**k you trying to pull here?" she had yelled out, Neo had gave out a bit of information, mostly just up to one thing to another about a snowball fight war that he had started, then asked if she could come with him, Ruby had pushed him against a wall and said "F**k you! You think im going to believe your stupid story, and even if it was true I certainly help what you started. Especially since you took me in a place like this, dont you know anything about what you should and shouldn't do in this world? F**king anything but taking someone to a dark alleyway." she turned and walked away and didn't care what or where she was going, that guy only had ticked her off, eventually she had walked to a nearby indoor restaurant looking for some place to eat. She stood inside waiting in line to get some food.

@Neo

Neo sighed and raked his greenish tinged hair. Holy s**t was she a feisty one. He's heard of crazy girls before, but this? Yeah, safe to say that Neo never experienced anyone like this in the real world. But, Neo wasn't exactly the type to give up. Whether it either be determination, or probably more like stubbornness, he walked out of the alleyway and followed Rubys footprints to the restaurant in which, conveniently enough, he was banned from. He swore a couple types and just decided to wait for her outside. Sure, it sounds and it probably does look stalkerish, but Neo really hated it when people misunterpreted his actions in such ways that don't even make sense to him. Especially the alleyway fiasco that happened literally a minute or two ago. I mean, the hell did she think Neo was gonna do? This was a safe zone, in which no one could really get hurt. Even if you did manage to even advance onto anyone like that, there's a reporting system in place which basically can insta-ban you on the users will if they believe you're harassing them in anyway. Neo thought she was overreacting. He wanted to just go somewhere else. He didn't want to wait in the cold outside for a damn girl he just met just because he ran into her. But he can't just leave an impression like that run free. That would probably cause a lot of problems later on. So, he decided to stand outside the main window of the restaurant, and wait for Ruby to come out.

Or at least, that WOULD'VE been the plan if it hadn't been for the rest of the players he juked out from their snowballs returning to literally bury him in a coffin of snow. He knew everyone in the restaurant could probably see this from the main window he had been standing in front of, so maybe his story will have some credibility for Ruby now? As the players began closing in on Neo in a half circle formation, Neo unsheathed his sword. Yeah. He knew it was a safe zone. But that doesn't mean he couldn't use his sword in other situations. So, as the snowballs came barreling towards him, he used his sword to start slicing them all up before they could hit him, the pieces flying against the window with a dull thud. Neo didn't know how long he could last though, so he hoped Ruby would come out soon, or else he'd be buried in a gosh darn Avalanche before he'd be able to explain himself more to her.

Trying to call out to Ruby, Neo yelled, "Hey! Are you done yet?! My arms are getting pretty tired over here!"

@Ruby

Eventually she had found herself a table, eventually she had looked outside to see that the man was still there, Ruby had shook her head and looked down pinching her forehead. "Is everything alright?" the waitress had said out to her, Ruby had sighed and said pointing at the man outside and said "That man has been basically stalking me, he first ran into me and took me to a dark alley way, at this point I am just convinced that he is trying to stalk me." The waitress had said to her "Oh... I am sorry, do you want me to get some guards over there?" Ruby had sighed and said "Please.", eventually some time had passed and a few guards had appeared on the scene and said out in a loud voice "Thats enough! Or you are all under arrest for disturbing the peace!" the main guard at looked towards Neo "You, I have heard that you have been basically following someone after taking them to an alley. You have two options, leave her alone or I will show you out of here."

@Neo

Neo groaned. Holy hell, what kind of agenda did she have against Neo? He was only trying to apologize! But no, he just kept getting misinterpreted, making his efforts look like he’s trying to goddamn rape the woman or something. The more he thought about it, the more pissed off he got, and the more he wanted to give up. Well, he thought about for a moment, and then he sinisterly grinned. Might as well offer her some payback if she’s gonna put him like this. He decided to use SAOs convoluted reporting system to his advantage. Neo slowly straightened himself out and wiped his shoulder clean of remnants of a snowball and replied in a serious tone, “For the record, know that I really didn’t want to do this, and all I wanted to do was apologize for a misunderstanding.” He then pulled down his menu and filed in reports for both of the guards on behalf of harassment. Neo had sent a recording of a piece of dialogue with it, where they said that they were giving him the two options. The reports registered as a small offense of harassment, and then the two guards abruptly stopped in their tracks, apparently frozen.

This was how SAO dealt with breakers of the rules if you had evidence. Or could twist yourself some under some circumstances. Like now. If you were charged under small offenses, you’d be frozen in place for about 3 hours. Unable to talk, speak, or do much of anything to be honest. Neo sighed. This was totally not getting him any good points with anyone exploiting the system like that, but he had to use everything in his advantage.

Neo eventually walked into the restaurant, and before anyone could tell him to get out, he put his hand up and said, “Five minutes. Just give me five minutes to talk it out with the woman over there. There’s been a misunderstanding of sorts and I just wanna leave off on a better note than I have.” The employees, after a huddle meeting, reluctantly agreed to it, with Neo promising to leave afterwards. He slowly walked over to a table next to Ruby, pulled out a chair, and sat down right across from her, arms crossed and knees folded. He looked a lot more stressed and irritated than the first time they met, and Neo really was really irritated with the nonsense, so he wanted to end his quickly. Neo started off by asking with an edge of slight anger in his voice, “Did you really have to sic some random guards after me? They’re definitely gonna remember me after that little stunt I had to pull to even get to you.”

(Sorry for the strange format, typed from phone)

Ruby had just tended to herself as the woman had gotten guards outside to confront them, however eventually the man had came in and said out to give him like five minutes. Ruby had slammed her fit against the table as she had listened to him. She knew where this was going to go, she wasn't dumb or anything she simply just got to the point "I don't know what world you think you live in. But here's the rundown, we are in a video game names Sword Art Online, and on the first day we were told we cannot leave until we clear all 100 floors, and if we die here... we die in real life. And a couple things you should never do is run into someone when its easy to look where you are going, you should never take anyone by force to a dark alleyway, and CERTAINLY" she put emphasis on the word "...never drag ANYONE in business that they shouldn't be a part of or anything that they don't want to be in. Capiche?" she had said waiting for him to understand, she pointed at the chair and said "Sit down. I'll give you one more chance, but this chance is all you are getting. Ill buy you food."

@Neo

Neo's eyes slightly narrowed as Ruby decided to explain the concept of SAO to him like a child. He was no child. Hell, Ruby was only an inch or two taller than Neo. And age was just a number. But, not wanting to draw any more attention nor hostility to his person, he decided against protesting against his child like treatment. Because, if he was truly being honest with himself, he was acting similar to a child. Neo did, however, reply in a more relaxed, go-lucky tone when Ruby offered Neo to get him some food, saying, "You'd buy me food? Really? No, it's alright. I can pay for myself. I don't need it, I can provide for myself. It may not look like it, but I can.'But the fact that she would offer to pay for his food really did surprise him. Perhaps he had just gotten off on the wrong foot at the start and just need to slow down a bit. Yeah. That was probably the case. It would've been helpful to know that earlier, he thought.  Neo then called a waiter over, who reluctantly began to take Neos order. He got a simple fried-rice bowl, with an iced tea as his beverage. Any sugar would just make him more irritable and more likely to boil over into an argument, as sugar always got him a bit more hyped up, even if it was a virtual game. He still seemingly felt the effects the same as if it was in real life. Something Neo really did not want nor need right now, not with this lovely ray of sunshine sitting right across from him. As he waited patiently for his order, he said to Ruby in an apologetic tone, "Okay, just for the record, I'd like to thank you for this second chance and the offer of a meal. I'm not trying to be disrespectful by refusing it, I just don't wanna be anymore of a burden I've already been to you for the past, oh I dunno-" He quickly pulled down his in-game timer with a simple flick of the wrist, and then swiped it down to hide it and continue on, "-about ten minutes. I sincerely hope you listen to me when I spout off my numerous explanations. This time," he then looked upward at Ruby and say in a hopeful tone, "Maybe without getting interrupted from snowballs this time." While waiting for his food, he began organizing his side of the table, unfolding napkins and setting utensils while asking Ruby, "So, what do you want me to start with? Its your choice, I mean, I did put you through all this crap."

@Ruby

Ruby had noticed that the man had sat down accepting her offer, however he had denied her in buying her food. She shrugged and didn't think much of it, at least he sat down to at least explain himself. Ruby had simply bought her usual sweet wine and steak a clear classic for her and is a meal that always sounds good to have at any point in the day. Eventually Neo had spoken out thanking her on giving him one last chance and how hes been a burden, which actually had brought a chuckle upon Ruby's tone. Before Ruby could honestly speak he had spoken out once more and asked what she would want him to start with, Ruby's eyes narrowed and she said with a bit of a weird tone "I don't know where you could start to be fair, from the looks of your equipment you don't look high level at all. More-so where would you like me to start hot shot." she finished with a smile upon her face.

@Neo