F4/OP) Snow and Fun! (Eggnog Included)

It was that special, festive time of the month. The entire world of Aincrad had become festive, all the NPC's were making there homes all chismassy, and of course the landscapes themselves have been shaped by player and Cardinal alike, adding to the festive feeling. Vendors were selling Eggnog, even though you couldn't get drunk at all. There was ginger bread everywhere, and snow globes. Snowmen and women being created by all the NPC kids, and even some of the younger players. Sky was glad he was here, this was a beautiful world, and he loved how alive it could become. He sighed, walking over to a vendor. He was glad it was this time, he was going to have some fun with his guild. As he walked around the fourth floor, he asked Barkeeps and players to spread the word that his guild was holding a christmas party at Eato's Shop, A Heros Infinite Arsenal. He wanted everyone to come along... Hell, he had just bought what, a few dozen bottles of eggnog? And some other stuff from the chirstmassy vendors. He didn't want to waste it! He had just spent the last three days going floor to floor, spreading word of the party that his guild would be hosting, hell if he wasn't going to drink a lot of this delicious stuff!

He opened his menu, sending a message to @Eatos 

Hey, hope your set up, i'm bringing eggnog!!! Also been around to a few floors, putting the word and notices out. We will see who shows up

And with that, he headed towards some more vendors, buying a few things before walking towards his friends shop, ready for the party! 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Heros Infinite Arsenal was very different. The rows of weapons had been removed, and even the counter had changed. In fact, the store itself existed only in name. Within, Eatos was ensuring tables and the foods were ready. Using her income as a blacksmith, she had foods covering most tables, drinks of most types. It had cost a bit, but she was hosting. Cakes, sweets, chips. They were scattered on tables, truely unorganised and messy, but available if you could find it.

The girl herself hadn't done much inside the shop to celebrate the festive seasons, a few banners but nothing fancy. She herself, never got into the spirit, but she understood others did and so, it was her job to facilitate them. She spotted the message, nodding her head, but didn't bother replying. Stryder would arrive soon, then the flood gates would open. She walked up to the fireplace, which sat near many chairs and food, ensuring it would burn warm and bright, for the visitors. Finally, her stone-store was ready. That's when she heard the bark. Angel...

Eatos' Familiar and pet, Angel, was wagging her tail. The mature Husky always had been a handful, hopefully she would behind. "Now now Angel, play nice ok? Many people'll come, and they'll play with you if you're polite" The familiar barked once and the girl smiled.

Eatos moved into the backroom, closing the door behind her. The main store had just Angel, the Husky Familiar wagging her tail and walking to each member for pets. 

Standing in the back of her store, wearing her pajamas still, she looked through her inventory, no idea what to change into, but knowing she had to soon before too many guests arrived. 

OCC: For the avoidance of doubt, Eatos is behind a wall and through a closed door, unable to be seen at the current time

Edited by Eatos

Humans are strange creatures, capable of the strangest things. Whether it be something truly innovative such as modern medicine and the internet, or something truly disgusting such as genocide or global warming, if they could find a way, they would make it happen. To Soredell, even in grave situations such as being trapped in the death game of Sword Art Online, where most sane player's focus was on clearing the game and getting out, it amazed him as to how people were capable, even considered celebrating events such as Christmas. 

When he heard news of a Christmas party occurring on Floor 4, he had considered not going, and use the time to level up. But then, who knew when was the next time he would celebrate Christmas, assuming he lived to see the next. So here he was, on floor 4 at the designated meeting area. As he entered the building, he saw that it was decorated appropriate to the season. He also saw there was no one here . He didn't know how many people would come, then again, he hoped he wasn’t the only one. "Hello? Anyone home? I got the message about a Christmas party?" he says and awaits a response, making sure he's in the right place. He also acknowledges the husky’s existance but nothing more then that.

On his shoulder, his green psuedo-dragon Osiris continues to sleep peacefully, content on its current state and position. He had forgotten how long it has been since he had acquired Osiris, but in all that time, he still hasn't figured out an important aspect about his familiar: its gender.

Edited by Soredell

Fae had been looking forward to any sort of Christmas this entire year, it being her second favorite holiday, still unable to compete with Halloween. She dressed up in a nice dress instead of her normal cloak and headed for Eatos's shop, where the party was being held. She skipped and hummed a little tune to herself as she did so through Snowfrost. It felt like one of her usual 4th floor strolls, but now she had a destination.

Fae arrived at Eatos's stone shop and walked through the door to see that Eatos and Soredell were already here. "Hi guys! Fae is here!" Fae called out as she looked around the shop. Even if it was nothing fancy, Fae still loved it. Fae ran up and hugged Soredell right away. "It looks like we are the first ones here." Fae said as she stepped back from Soredell. She walked over to Angel and started to pet the husky on the head. "It's good to see you Angel." Fae said as she rubbed her back as well. 

Spoiler

370eace6c283b88ba6ce8750b314e3ed.jpg.ba3294893fbe40e437881157826c0b69.jpg

Edited by Fae

As soon as Hei had heard that his guild would have a Christmas party this year, he couldn't await it. As he wasn't sure if they were supposed to bring something for the party, he decided that it would be nice to have some holiday spirit by having the right hat, so he quickly walked down into his workshop and looked for the perfect material for a whole bunch of red christmas hats for everyone. Besides them he would also bring green hairbands for the girls that might like it better than the Santa hat. He hadn't thought it to be so much work to craft the gifts, but once he had finished them he was feeling good and he thought that the others would like them, so now it was time to meet up with everyone. Putting the 10 hats and 10 hairbands into his inventory he got ready to leave the house, but not without putting on his Santa suit. - I think this looks really stupid, but it fits so well, and I believe the others will love it - he thought, but it wasn't really bothering him.

Once he had left his shop, he quickly crossed the town to get to the teleport platforms and teleport up to the fourth floor. Once he arrived in the cold of the snowy floor, he was happy the cloths he had made for this occasion where thick enough to block most of the cold, and so he walked over to the stone building that housed Eatos shop and entered. In the shop room, he saw that Eatos had really made place for the party with the weapons being put away. There was a little decoration and a table with food, but that was not what he was looking for. Hei was looking for the players that had already arrived and he saw a black dressed person he couldn't say he had ever met and next to him the small girl. He quickly walked up to Fae and ruffled through her hair. "Hey Fae, it's so nice to meet you again. That's a really pretty dress you got there, what would you say to some fitting headgear?" he greeted and asked her, while taking both a Santa hat and a hairband from his inventory. After this he first turned to the Husky and greeted Angel by petting her, then he turned to Soredell and greeted the unknown player. "Nice to meet you. My name's Hei and I'm part of the Guardians. Would you like something for your head too?"

Spoiler

Darker.than.Black.full.492404.jpg

Edited by Hei

I grin a bit from my shop on the fourth floor having heard of some kind of christmas party that could be happening on it. I grin as i think of the clothes that i have and sighs a bit realizing i don't have anything in a real festive mood as of this moment. I sit myself on my shop's counter and starts to scroll through my inventory clicking some items to equip and nods my head in approval of the end outfit. A simple red trench coat with some fur lined along the end side and having some at the ends to provide some warmth. A green shirt underneath, and some black pants. I nod my head with a smile since i at least have the Christmas colors on, and surprisingly the jacket does have a Santa like feel to them. With that i nod my head happily and calls out in my shop. Come on Kuro! Get your lazy butt up we're going to this party! I call out as my familiar quickly flies down with a irritated look following me out of my shop and towards the party area.

Once i travel through the fourth floor to the location i spot a nice looking building as i nod my head. Wondering if this is a shop or a home that a player is hosting this party at. Either way i go towards the shop and opens the door spotting a few players already here before me. Umm hello everyone the name is Hestia, and my familiar at my side is Kuro. I say gesturing to my familiar a lion with fur as white and snow, and wings as black as the night. I look around feeling slightly out of place realizing i don't know anyone that i can remember at first glance. However, that is to be expected if this party was told to everyone possible.

Saphira sat in her shop, behind the counter on a pillow near the fire place with a cup of hot chocolate in her hands, and thought about going to the Christmas party her guild would have.  Slowly she emtied her hot chocolate and stood up. Saphira walked to the door of her shop and after a short moment of hesitate she left her shop. - I don´t really want to be alone again while everyone is happy - she thought a little bit saddened and walked through the town of beginning. The girl walked to the teleporter and chose the fourth Floor - I think it will be a good idea to go to the party, at least this would mean I won´t be alone at Christmas - she thought.
As she entered the fourth floor the cold wind hit her and Saphira soon begun to shiver - Argggg, this is such a stupid idea - . Jittering she looked around, a few NPC childrens were building a snowman, some other NPC childrens helped there parents to carry some stuff for christmas whereever she looked ther was christmas decoration. - This remindes me at my past, everyone is happy and with his family, besides me. - After some time she become accustomated for the cold air and stopped shivering.
After some time the girl begun to search for Eatos shop and as she found the stone building she also saw Fae, the littele girl walked to the shop and entered it. Soon she also saw Hei who walked to the Building followed from a girl Saphira didn´t know - At this point I am feeling like some kind of stalker, and I am not proud of it...- slowly she came closer to the building ande entered it. - Uhhm...Hey everyone - she said and looked around, she saw Fae, Eatos familiar, Hei and two other players. Shy she looked at the strange players - Uhhm...my name is Saphira, nice to meet you. - she said to the two Players and walked to Fae and Hei.

Eatos heard people entering her store, but she was still getting changed. What she was changing into was FAR from classical Christmas clothes. But then again, she never really cared for the holiday. It was simply a break from normal life, and so, she looked herself in the mirror. While black wasn't usually her colour, it worked well like this in her opinion. A suit, and even a very loose tie, black suit pants and shoes. She looked formal, perhaps too formal, but, well, she was hosting.

Angel, surrounded by guests, barked happily. She was particularly found of Fae, running her head into the small childs hand and licking/sniffing her fingers. But the arrival of Hestia, or more namely, Hestia' familiar, was what caught the familiar. The Husky took a somewhat defensive place, and barked loudly, once.

She heard noise, it was Angel. She let out a sigh as she opened the door, entering the main room and her amber eyes looked at those in front of her. Hei and Fae she knew, the others, less so. But that was the point of an open party. She clicked her fingers once, and Angel, looked back at her, and the blacksmith raised an eyebrow "Angel, play nice ok? They're guests" Understanding the instruction, the Husky slowly walked around from guest to guest, sniffing away at them. 

Spoiler

This is the outfit worn by Eatos currently. 

Sabersuit.thumb.png.af57f7a6fd1e1ad80a83044c660b994e.png

Fae stopped petting Angel briefly when she saw Hei step through the door dressed as Santa. It was still pretty easy to tell that it was him, but Fae just got so excited to see him. "Hey mister Hei! Thanks for the headband, and you look pretty good yourself." Fae thanked as she grabbed a green headband from Hei and put it on her head.

Eatos then walked out of the room she was changing in, and Fae was stunned. She looked so formal, and she didn't really even look like Eatos at first. "Wow! You look so pretty Eatos. You make Fae's dress look like a joke. Your dress and Fae's dress are practically opposites. Yours is dark and formal, and Fae's is light and relaxed." Fae complimented before giving Eatos a big hug.

Fae looked around at everyone else that showed up. She recognized everyone except Soredell. "Hey miss Hestia! Long time no see!" Fae said as she walked up to Hestia and gave her a hug. It had been quite a while, but it was still great to see her.

Kotone had been mainly just hanging around the Town of Beginnings, doing nothing as she always did. But this time she wouldn't spend Christmas alone. The one friend she had logged in with wasn't around anymore, so Kotone needed to find some new people to hang around for a bit. All she had heard about the party was that a guild was hosting it, but Kotone didn't really have any plans on joining. It was still an open party to everyone, so Kotone just figured that she could check it out anyway.

Kotone made her way to the shop the party was supposed to be at after walking through Snowfrost. She stepped inside and saw that she was a little bit early, as not too many people had shown up yet. Kotone spotted the pink haired child and tensed up a bit. Of course of all things, Fae would be at this party. Kotone calmed herself down and made her way over to where the food was, not really wanting to be in the crowd. She stood by Saphira and gave a small nod of her head. "You part of this guild? You seem kind of distant." Kotone asked with a slightly curious look on her face.

I grin a bit seeing the pink haired girl Fae doing alright after all this time. The time they met, and now seeming like long ago in terms of how far she has progressed herself from doing quests and getting gear. She feels the tight hug and returns it with a smile. How you doing Fae? It truly has been a rather long time since we have been able to talk and such. You've been doing good? Also how do you know the host of this party? You seem to have been rather kind as if knowing her kind of way kind. I ask curiously with a smile wondering how this young girl has been. The innocent of Aincrad deserving a bit more protection then others within my mind. To try and preserve such a thing from the darkness of this game so they can try to return to the real world as normal as possible. I then see a dog making its way around to different guests as i smile and feels the urge to pet it. having always loved dogs so much. However, i remain where i am knowing the animal will makes its way eventually it seems to her and her own familiar Kuro.

Pinball pushed open the door to the shop, a gust of icy cold wind rushing into the shop. Shivering, Pinball shut the door, and turned to see who had arrived at the party thus far. He recognized his guild members; Fae, Eatos, Saphira and Hei were all gathered, and most seemed to be dressed for the occasion. Hei was wearing a santa hat, Fae was wearing a headband and a dress, and Eatos seemed to be strictly formal in her attire. He felt a bit out of place in his combat gear, but it was really all he owned at the moment. In addition to the players Pinball recognized, there were also a few he didn't. A man and two women, all three of which he had never seen before. Pinball shuddered, forcing out an anxious sigh. Pinball could handle one person, three people max at a time, but he was absolutely horrible in social gatherings. By the end of the night, he reasoned, he would either have withdrawn so deeply within himself there was no point in staying, or he would have left early. 

His mother's words echoed in his ears, not for the last time. Try and be social, Finn. He balled his fists tightly, his nails digging into his palms. Alright, he told himself, steeling his nerves, go. He took a few slow, hesitant steps into what seemed to be the gathering point of the event. "Heyy~," he managed, offering an awkward smile and a small wave to those he recognized. His voice trailed off towards the end, and he immediatly broke off any eye contact, shoving his hands into his pockets. He stole a glance at the other three he didn't recognize, but didn't say anything, for they all seemed to be doing their own thing. He scanned the area, looking for the refreshments table, or perhaps a place to sit down. Where could I...

It took Sky a little to make it to the shop, but when he got there, he was glad to see the place already living up! They were in a safe zone, and Eatos shop was huge, he had nothing to worry about. There was people all around here, and he knew a few of them. But there was also a few he hadn't actually run into before. He could see Eatos had got the place as ready as he had wanted, and he saw Fae talking to.... Hestia? That was her name. Soredell and Hei were also here, as well as Saphira. He was quite glad, his guild had shown up, but even more so that some outside of it had showed up. He smiled, walking into the shop and opening his inventory, and after a few swips, dozens of bottles of Eggnog appeared in his hand, all held in a box that looked like it held at least thirty six bottles of the stuff. 

His clothes were casual, he had his combat gear on of course but even that just looked like his normal clothes. He loved the appearence style on this game, his guantlets merged into his outfit thanks to the vanity apparel slots.

"Who wants eggnog!" He calls out, walking in with a smile.

Eatos looked down at her clothes. While they they were formal, she hadn't realized how much so until she looked at Fae. She hugged the young girl, and smiled softly "Hah, i just, much prefer clothes like this. Call it, my personal touch" She said calmly, kindly. Out of the newer arrivals, she knew Stryder and Pin, but the other two were new faces to the blacksmith. She looked at them, her eyes roaming before she made her way and grabbed herself a cookie, munching down on it. 

Angel, on the other hand, was Loving the number of people and had smelt all of them. The Husky walked up to Hestia, hesitating slightly when Angel spotted Kuro, before cautiously approaching the pair of them. 

Eatos sighed as she spotted Stryders purchases. How much, and more importantly, why? While the drink itself was festive, in her experience, it was mainly used in mix with booze. A luxury denied by the games core mechanics. The blacksmith wasn't entirely sure who to talk to, and so, opted to simply stand by one of the food tables and slowly nibbled away at a wide variety of food. 

Fae thought back on when she first met Hestia, and realized that it really has been a long time. "Fae has been doing great miss Hestia! Fae knows miss Eatos because Fae is in the guild with her. You should join us miss Hestia, you would be a great tank for the guild." Fae said, glad to finally catch up with Hestia.

Fae saw Pinball arrive at the party and she started to walk over to him. Fae grabbed a cookie from the refreshments table and brought it over to him. "Hey Pinny! Want a cookie?" Fae offered, handing Pin a cookie before hugging him.

Then Stryder came through the door carrying tons of eggnog with him. "Hi mister Stryder! Let Fae help you with that." Fae said as she grabbed the box and brought it over to the refreshment table. She arranged the eggnog bottles in a square and then ran back over to Stryder. "It's so good to see you!" Fae said as she ran behind him and hopped onto his back and hung onto him.

I chuckle a bit as the little girl seems to be energetic as ever as i can only smile happily at that. As i can only hope that she stays like this since otherwise it could truly be a crime otherwise for a child to turn to sadness or mean-spirited when they are this happy seemingly from what i can view. I also smile happily that a guild would be willing to take a child under their protection when others could possibly turn her away thinking her age and level would be a hindrance instead. I look around the party and see players most i don't know, but their is the matter of thanking the host possibly. Then their is possibly finding the leader of this guild and thanking them for taking in Fae. I look around and see that the young girl is spending time with a male. Most likely another within this guild. I walk on over to the host of this party. Excuse me miss @Eatos i believe your name is. i would like to thank you for hosting this event. Also, i would like to thank the guild your part of be it yourself or whoever the leader is for taking in Fae. I can imagine some others guilds wouldn't be as kind since they would view her as a hindrance do to her age. I say politely to the woman with a small bow.

Eatos had been stuffing a cooie into her mouth into her mouth when Hestia approached her, and she glanced down to see Angel by her side in a heartbeat. Damn protective dog, always thinking people were gunna hurt her. She let out a sigh, as she finished her cookie and smiled at the girl. "It's nothing really. With the situation we're in, it only makes sense to give people the ray of hope they need to get going. Yet another year is passing and we are still trapped in this game. I think, to add some normality to this world is whats needed"

She frowned as, of all people, she brought up Fae. She looked over at the kid, who was climbing up on Stryders back. "As for Fae, well, we're not a guild aimed to be the best. The role we serve it simply protection, we offer a home to those who need it, who want a group to be welcomed into. With Stryder as out head, and myself as our medic, well, it seems on natural that we are to be the ones that take care of her"

When words of a Christmas Party began spreading around throughout the whole of the fourth floor, Mina knew she couldn't miss the chance to attend it. Winter had always been her favourite season, and Christmas her favourite festival. With sumptuous food and boxes of presents to open, who wouldn't like Christmas, anyway? The whole of Aincrad was in a festive mood, streets were lined up with decorations and fairy lights, doors had wreaths on it; it brought joy to the damned situation they were all stuck in. The guild that was hosting the party was Guardians of the New Dawn, and there were some faces she knew in the guild, especially the leader. There was no harm attending, and when will she ever attend another Christmas party in Aincrad ever again? Shall take a break today before resuming hunting tomorrow!

Changing into a white flowy dress, matching herself with the pureness of snow, Mina made her way to the party venue. She heard chatters inside the small shop, which meant that the party had already begun. Bracing herself to the amount of people inside, she rapped on the door with her knuckles, before opening the door, the hot air from inside rushing out. "Hey there! I heard there was a party going on here?" She looked around, recognizing some familiar faces that she had partied with before. "Hey @Hestia, and hey @Pinball!" And there came a guy hollering out, promoting his eggnog, which Mina instantly recognize from his apperance and voice. "I'll have some eggnog, mister @Stryder" she adds with a chuckle on her face. She knew the party was going to be fun.

Edited by Mina

Saphira was still looking around as Eatos entered the room, Fae thanked Hei for a green headband and walked to Eatos. - They all look happy - she thought as again someone entered the shop. - At least I could try to talk to someone...maby someone new...someone I didn´t know... - . She looked to her side as the girl who had entered the shop walked out of the crowd toward the food. The girl nodded and asked Saphira with a curious look on her face - Uhhm...yeah, I am part of the guild. Is it really that worse? I mean, am I looking really that distant? - - Obviously yes - she grabbed a Cookie - Uhhm...my name is Saphira and who are you? Do you know someon here or are you a friend of someone? - she asked the girl, trying to start a conversation with her.
Soon someone opened the door again and Pinball entered the room and after some time Stryder arrived as well with a box full of bottles with eggnog.

After he had greeted the few that had been at the party already, he had used his time to have a few cookies and some milk from the table and he looked at everyone who entered the shop, to see who would join their party. The first girl that entered after him was unknown to him, but she soon told them that her name was Hestia, and that the winged lion she had Brough was her familiar was called Kuro. He tried to remember this, as but he wasn't to sure about that, as he was terrible with names. Shortly after Hestia had entered, a well known face appeared as Saphira entered the party place. She looked as if she wasn't to happy with being here, so Hei decided, that he would talk to her later on. -Well, I could at least greet her right away- he thought and said "Hei Hei Hei, wait, now it was Ho Ho Ho!" and he had to laugh before he could continue "Hei's the name, nice to meet you Hestia, and really nice that you have come Saphira. Can I offer you a Santa hat or a green Hairband?" 

Not to ling after the two had arrived, Eaton entered the room, and she looked classy and like the perfect host. The black suit looked really good on her, and Hei who had wanted to offer everyone a headgear wasn't to sure if he should offer her one, as she just looked dressed so nice. He went over to her and greeted her, telling her that he had headwear for everyone and offered her one.  Shortly after that another player entered the house, but just walked to the table, not caring very much for the others, so Hei decided to ignore her too. - How come Stryker isn't here already, shouldn't he as our guildleader be greet everyone who isn't part of the guild - he thought , when the door opened another time, and Pinball entered the room. It was nice to see him again, his gathering trip with him and the following evening had been great, so he went over to him and greeted him. "Hey Pinball, nice to see ya. Can I offer you a nice Santa hat for today?" and he walked over to the table with his mate. 

Some time later the door was opened once again and Stryder finally arrived, his hands packed with bottles of eggnog, but before Hei could help him the little girl walked over to him and took the bottles from his hands. Just to return right after and hop onto his back. This scene made Hei laugh and so he waited a little longer before he walked over to greet his guild leader. While he was still waiting another player opened the door and entered. It was a girl in a beautiful white dress, and it took him some time to realize he had met her before. But when he realized, he knew him it still took him some time to finally remember the right name to the face. She was Mina and she had been at his shop, looking for some leather armour. Once he had remembered, he walked over to her and Stryder who still was close to the door to greet them. "Hey Stryder, you forgot to change for this party, how about a nice Santa hat for you? " then turning to Mina he added "Nice to see you again. Merry Christmas and here is a little present for you" he said and offered her either a red Santa hat or a green hairband.