[SP-F9] Two Dragons: A Rivalry is Born [Complete]

Vigilon didn't know what to do when Azrea looked at him curiously. She seemed to think for a moment, then said, "This seems like a good opportunity, you ready to take me on?" She pulled up her menu and sent a challenge request to Vigilon. Ind0minus facepalmed and said, "...Please don't mind her, whether you accept the challenge or not. She...loves the thrill of combat..." This was a rivalry, so why not take this little chance to improve by sparring with this person? "Well, there are chances to improve with this fight..." This player had heavy armor, so he had no clue what she had. She then pulled out her weapon: a scythe. Another freaking scythe wielder, as if there had to be another... "Gah! ...Don't tell me that's another scythe..." Azrea grinned. "You bet it's a scythe! Hehehe, this is going to be good..." All she had to do now was wait for Vigilon's answer to her challenge.

Azrea has challenged Vigilon to a duel!

Turns till full health: 4

Azrea's weapon:

Spoiler

Scythe.jpg.050fead30ff25c9756f1ec35aa09b701.jpg

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon looked at Azrea, and at her scythe. He thought about it for a minute or so, then pressed the accept button, and set the conditions to half-loss. Hopefully, this fight wouldn't be as bad as it was with Ind0minus. The timer for when the duel would start began ticking. "Uuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhh......" Vigilon looked at Azrea in a confused manner. "What? Nobody dies in a half-loss! What's your goal here?" "No, not that...the timer. I wanna start now!!!!!" Geez, this player was impatient. The best he could do was prepare himself for the duel, and possibly the worst... He looked at his HP. "Well, it is only a half-loss duel... I should be fine..." Hopefully, he wouldn't end up with two losses in a row, which would be embarrassing, to be honest. Veriost was a little unsure this time around, but was ready whenever Vigilon was. "All right then...here goes nothing..."

Vigilon has accepted the challenge.

Set conditions to half-loss.

(Azrea)ID# 96814 LD: 9

(Vigilon)ID# 96815 LD: 13

Vigilon has won the initiative roll, and will be going first.

Azrea's Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level 7

HP 140

Energy 14

18 Mitigation

0 Evasion

1 Accuracy

7 Base Damage(THBA Rank 2, Bloodshedder)

Max Damage(Not including Crit): 21

Skills:

Two-Handed Battle Axe Rank 2

Items:

Bloodshedder(2 DMG, 1 Vampiric)

Armor of the Death Harbinger(2 Mit., 1 Thorns)

Blood Amulet(1 ACC, 2 Recovery)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon pulled out his sword, and was ready to attack. He attempted to use the Sword Art known as Horizontal Square, but he ended up missing by an inch. Once again, he'd gotten into a fight where he ended up making a terrible first impression on the first move. When Vigilon looked back, he saw Azrea coming just in time to avoid her attack, the Sword Art, Ultimate Breaker. How that worked with a scythe was but a mystery to Vigilon. "Alright, you evasive target, keep at if if ya want... 'Cause in the end I'm gonna beat you senseless!" That didn't make much sense to Vigilon. At all. "Um...what? Do realize that one, this is a half-loss duel, and two, you can't feel pain in this game..." Azrea rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I know that. The latter is quite disappointing to me, though..." Vigilon was now even more confused.

(Vigilon)ID# 96816 BD: 4+1=5(Miss)

(Azrea)ID# 96817 BD: 2+1-1=2(Miss)

Turns Left: 14

Vigilon: HP 250/280, EP 31/33 (30/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Azrea: HP 140/140, EP 12/14 (0/70 HP depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon wasn't done yet. Maybe this time he'd stun his opponent. Despite his confusion with the situation, and what Azrea was saying, he'd continue on anyway. He readied his sword, rushed towards his opponent, and attacked using the Sword Art known as Horizontal Square, stunning her. He noticed that he'd taken some damage. "Thorns...she has thorns!" These thorns would definitely prove to be in his side if he didn't finish this fight soon enough, before Azrea could have a chance to deal with it and possibly defeat Vigilon. "Agh! H-how?! Rrrrrrrrgh.... This isn't over yet, kid...it's just getting started... I'd run if I were you..." Confused, Vigilon just had to ask, "All I did was stun you. You aren't going anywhere, and neither am I." Ind0minus had his hand on his face, and he said, "Oh, dear, this may become more problematic than I thought... Alex, please note that Azrea here doesn't like to lose. Not only that, but she gets...passionate in a fight and will savor every blow..."

(Vigilon)ID# 96984 BD: 5+1=6(Hit)

(Azrea)ID# [Stun refrains Azrea from taking action]

Horizontal Square- 6x4-18=6

Thorns Damage: Vigilon takes 7 damage

Turns Left: 13

Vigilon: HP 243/280, EP 25/33 (37/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Azrea: HP 134/140, EP 13/14 (6/70 HP depleted) {Stunned}

Edited by Vigilon

"I can understand not wanting to lose, but..." He looked towards his opponent. "How can that be possible in a game like this?" Azrea got up once her stun wore off. "Time's up, your window of opportunity has closed. And now..." She chuckled, savoring the thought. Vigilon was ready to make another attack to damage his opponent, hopefully so that either thorns won't activate, or he could finish the fight in time to not be defeated. Unfortunately, let's just say that it could have gone waaaay better. Vigilon attempted to attack with Vertical Arc, but of course he had to trip on a stone in the ground, and find himself struck by Azrea's Ultimate Breaker Sword Art. He grabbed his sword, and started to get back up. "Lucky hit. If I didn't trip, you'd have at least taken some damage, if not missed on your own attack as well." Azrea grinned, ready to continue the fight.

(Vigilon)ID# 96987 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

(Azrea)ID# 96989 BD: 8-1+1=8(Hit)

Ultimate Breaker- 7x3-9=12

Turns Left: 12

Vigilon: HP 231/280, EP 24/33 (49/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Azrea: HP 134/140, EP 11/14 (6/70 HP depleted) {Stun Immunity: 2 turns}

Edited by Vigilon

So what if Vigilon missed twice in this duel? He'd surely be able to make a comeback somehow. He looked at Azrea, who was grinning, ready to make her next attack. Vigilon backed up to avoid any sudden attacks, then was ready to strike. He rushed for his opponent in order to attack with the Sword Art, Vertical Arc, but Azrea was expecting that, and after sidestepping, she activated her Sword Art, dealing more damage by using Ultimate Breaker again. "I'm starting to see a pattern here..." "Why oh why did I not just let her go first? I could have gone with the same tactic... If I could at least take less time between her attacks and mine, I should be able to score some more hits..." Azrea looked at Vigilon and said, "You're acting too predictable. Show me a surprise for a change, that'll surely make this victory sweeter!"

(Vigilon)ID# 97084 BD: 2+1=3(Miss)

(Azrea)ID# 97085 BD: 8+1-1=8(Hit)

Turns Left: 11

Vigilon: HP 219/280, EP 23/33 (61/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Azrea: HP 134/140, EP 9/14 (6/70 HP depleted) {Stun Immunity: 1 turn}

Edited by Vigilon

"A sweeter victory, eh? Well, it'll be sweeter, all right, but there ain't no way I'll lose to you! Well, willingly, that is." He gripped his weapon and attempted his attack as soon as he had said that. He managed to strike his opponent with the Sword Art Vertical Arc, dealing some damage, but of course, thorns. Azrea held her scythe tightly. "That was a bit better, keep it up! I wanna enjoy this!" She immediately attacked with her Sword Art, Ultimate Breaker, again. Must have been her most powerful for that one to keep getting spammed like that. Honestly, all of this was starting to get annoying. He looked at his HP, then to Azrea's. He was losing. Again. "Shoot. Maybe I should have asked her to wait for my HP to fully regenerate..." Perhaps if he could stun her, he'd have another shot at victory. Maybe, for it might only increase his victory chances by a small amount.

(Vigilon)ID# 97087 BD: 7+1=8(Hit), CD: 6(Recovered 2 energy)

(Azrea)ID# 97088 BD: 8+1-1=8(Hit), CD: 8(Recovered 2 energy)

Vertical Arc- 6x4-18=6

Thorns damage: Vigilon takes 7 damage

Turns Left: 10

Vigilon: HP 200/280, EP 22/33 (80/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Azrea: HP 128/140, EP 9/14 (12/70 HP depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon thought as he advanced toward his opponent. "I'll definitely need to see if I can't find some better gear. I WILL find some, even if I get it by tier two! How can I survive, or lead a Guild if I don't have proper gear? This stuff has definitely gotten me waaaay farther than the starter crap, but this is starting to look like the next crap...what to do...." He activated his Sword Art, Horizontal Square, and attacked with it, stunning Azrea in the process. "Ha! Stunned you again!" "Nrrrrgggghhh.... You just got lucky. Why don't we continue on and see what happens? Will you actually beat me somehow, or will you fall in defeat? Hmm...." At some point, Vigilon might be able to understand this player, and why she said what she said, for he hardly understood a single word of it all. Azrea would get back up soon, so Vigilon backed up.

(Vigilon)ID# 97182 BD: 6+1=7(Hit)

(Azrea)ID# [Stun refrains Azrea from taking action]

Horizontal Square- 6x4-18=6

Thorns damage: Vigilon takes 7 damage

Turns Left: 9

Vigilon: HP 193/280, EP 16/33 (87/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Azrea: HP 122/140, EP 10/14 (18/70 HP depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon would learn if he was in for it or not in time. So for now, he decided to focus on dealing with the duel, and trying his best to defeat his opponent. He rushed in and activated his Sword Art, Vertical Arc, and struck Azrea, without taking any thorns damage this time. He had also inflicted bleed on her, too. Azrea retaliated with Ultimate Breaker, and sent Vigilon flying a few yards. The damage he noticed was more this time, which meant...he was struck with a critical hit. He noticed that Azrea's HP has replenished somewhat. Was this battle healing, or something else? "Hehehe, that trip for appraisal was really worth it!" It was an enhancement. "What? Then...where did you get that weapon???" "Pfff, does it matter?" Ind0minus rolled his eyes, and explained anyway. "Azrea obtained her weapon from a monster she'd killed. She decided to keep it when it was appraised, since it had an enhancement known as Vampiric."

(Vigilon)ID# 97249 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG), CD: 11(Recovered 2 energy)

(Azrea)ID# 97250 BD: 10(Critical!! +2 Base DMG)

Vertical Arc- 7x4-18=10

Ultimate Breaker- 9x3-9=18

Vampiric: Azrea recovers 14 HP

Turns Left: 8

Vigilon: HP 175/280, EP 15/33 (105/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Azrea: HP 126/140, EP 8/14 (14/70 HP depleted) {Stun Immunity: 2 turns} Bleed: 2 turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

This was completely annoying. Now that Vigilon had an idea of what he was up against, he knew this would be a rough fight at the very least. Besides, the sword skill turned out to be a bad idea. He would need to change that soon. For now, he'd have to deal with this new issue, and hopefully he'd be able to turn things around. "If I can just get the timing right, I'd be able to strike and evade with ease. She doesn't seem to be the most evasive opponent, by the looks of it..." He took the chance that he'd believed was the one he needed to act on, and rushed for his opponent. His plan worked. He struck using the Sword Art, Vertical Arc, and jumped out of the way in time to avoid Azrea's Ultimate Breaker attack. "Grrrr, hold still, you!" Vigilon smirked. "Fun enough for you yet?" Azrea took this to be something optimistic for her. "Why, actually, yes! YES! You better be careful, 'cause I'm gonna thrash you!!!"

(Vigilon)ID# 97251 BD: 7+1=8(Hit)

(Azrea)ID# 97252 BD: 5+1-1=5(Miss)

Vertical Arc- 6x4-18=6

Thorns Damage: Vigilon takes 7 damage

Bleed damage: Azrea takes 12 Damage

Turns Left: 7

Vigilon: HP 168/280, EP 12/33 (112/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Azrea: HP 108/140, EP 7/14 (32/70 HP depleted) {Stun Immunity: 1 turn} Bleed: 1 turn, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Now that he had a strategy, he had to keep to it, without ending up too predictable. "Wait for it...wait for it...NOW!" If there was one thing he never expected, it was to screw up badly. He rushed for his opponent, but at the last moment he had to just end up tripping, and falling on his face. "Fail...really big fail...right in front of my opponent...aaaand here it comes..." Vigilon tried to get up, and evade in time, but he ended up getting struck by Azrea's Ultimate Breaker attack once again, knocking him a few yards again also. Vigilon looked at his HP. "Not good. It's about to drop to yellow!" Damage could wait. For now, he would focus more on evading attacks, and less on dealing damage, in hopes of not getting smashed in battle twice in a single day. Already, it was starting to become humiliating. "How to go about this..."

(Vigilon)ID# 97253 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

(Azrea)ID# 97254 BD: 10(Critical!! +2 Base DMG), CD: 10(Recovered 2 Energy)

Ultimate Breaker- 9x3-9=18

Bleed damage: Azrea takes 12 Damage

Turns Left: 6

Vigilon: HP 150/280, EP 11/33 (130/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Azrea: HP 120/140, EP 7/14 (20/70 HP depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon got back up, gripped his sword, and rushed for his opponent, but in a way that he could sidestep a sudden attack from Azrea. Hopefully. "Here goes nothing..." Sure, he managed to strike his opponent with the Sword Art known as Vertical Arc, but it turns out that he couldn't avoid what was coming for him in time. Getting knocked to the ground wasn't the worst part, it was the fact that when Vigilon looked at his HP again, he realized that it was in the yellow. He had lost. "Aw, crap..." He got up, and saw that Azrea was headed for him, weapon in hands. "Hehehe....huh??" Ind0minus had grabbed the weapon, stopping Azrea where she was. "Azrea, that's enough. You've already won. I don't think anyone here would appreciate a cursor change..." Azrea returned her weapon to on her back. "Ah, sorry, got caught up in the moment..."

(Vigilon)ID# 97257 BD: 8+1=9(Hit), CD: 11(Recovered 2 Energy)

(Azrea)ID# 97258 BD: 9(Critical! +1 Base DMG), CD: 10(Recovered 2 Energy)

Vertical Arc- 6x4-18=6

Ultimate Breaker- 8x3-9=15

[Duel Ended!]

Vigilon: HP 135/280, EP 10/33 (145/140 HP depleted) DEFEAT

Opponent:

Azrea: HP 128/140, EP 7/14 (12/70 HP depleted) VICTORY

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon let out a sigh of relief, that he wasn't going to take any more damage...hopefully. He looked at Azrea, then looked back to Ind0minus. "So she is your ally?" "One of them. We were out here for some much needed training...and by the looks of it, you need both better gear and training, to be honest. How do you expect to be able to lead a Guild if you can't even defeat a player lower than your level? What do you think would happen if someone took the chance to leap at you like a predator to it's prey? You'd be dead meat." Vigilon took this as a reminder to find a tailor that could help him in multiple ways, with both weapon and light armor. However, he would also need to start saving col, for as a result of this humiliating loss streak of two, he would need to save up about thirteen thousand col to refund the skill. Thirteen grand, thirteen freaking grand.

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon sighed. He now had a lot ahead of him, and a new rival, too. "I really need to step up my game. At some point, I'll be able to beat both of you...at some point...someday...somehow." Ind0minus chuckled. "Well, now that you have a goal, why don't you stick to it? You have a long road ahead of you, so you might as well get started." Leveling? Sure, might take a bit, if not a huge, long, extensive amount of time. The real problem, was that he'd have to start looking for ways to find col. Col would be the difficult thing. Vigilon decided to look around for whatever may be concealed. He noticed that there was a round boulder just out in the middle of the floor nine wilds where the three players were. "How odd...unless...!" With some difficulty, he pushed the boulder and under where it was, there was a hole with a chest inside!

ID# 97262 LD: 17+1=18(Found a chest)

Edited by Vigilon

Now that he'd uncovered a chest, he just had to open it while hoping that the situation wasn't that someone had good reason to have a freaking boulder cover the hole where the chest was. When he opened the chest, there were no teeth, there was no eye or anything, just some loot. Vigilon let out a sigh of relief, and took the items into his inventory. He had no need of the two handed sword, so he guessed he could just sell it to a merchant. He was now nine hundred col closer to ditching the sword and using the fists. At some point, he would be able to deal with all this crap, and still prevail in the end. "Well, at least it wasn't a mimic." "Surely there is use for all you obtained. I'm sure you don't plan to use a two handed sword anytime soon, so that could make some profit instead. Add that to the col you probably received from the chest, you might be able to afford some better gear."

ID# 97263 LD: 15(900 Col, 5 T1 Mats, <<Unidentified T1 Rare Two-handed Sword>>, and 2 <<Unidentified T1 Rare Potions>>)

Edited by Vigilon

"Yeah, I know that." Vigilon looked back to Ind0minus. "By the way, I admit that, the word I'd used earlier? Had no idea what it meant until recently. Now that I know what it was, I wish I could take it back." Ind0minus knew which word he was talking about. He smiled. "Well then, consider your apology accepted. Maybe next time you speak rashly, try not to use a word if you don't know what it means, even if you know which context to use it in." Vigilon smirked. "I can listen to that." Azrea then asked, "So....you two know each other?" "Yup. He was in my high school during my freshman year. Always after my sister, despite the fact that she keeps rejecting him so hard..." Azrea then looked like she was trying not to say something. Vigilon and Ind0minus looked at each other, then back to Azrea. "Something you're-" "-Trying to say?" Azrea noticed that they knew.

"Well....aaahh........Um, about that..." Vigilon was confused. "What? What do you mean by 'um, about that'? Don't tell me Alyssa's actually here!" "No, but-" "Come on, Azrea, you can talk here. Nobody is around, so if it's confidential, you may speak." Azrea sighed. "The other member. XOXXie....she likes you." Both Vigilon and Ind0minus were confused. Vigilon being confused since he had no idea who this XOXXie was, and Ind0minus being confused since he had actually not seen this coming, and also thinking he misheard Azrea just now. "Um...I'm sorry, I think I misheard you just now. I could have sworn that you said XOXXie likes me." "Umm...it's true. When you went on ahead while I was still preparing, I had to listen to her talk about 'how cute you were' for about an hour straight. And if I hear an hour and a half more of that talk, I'm gonna puke!"

Normally, women were fine talking about their crushes to one another, so what was the deal with this one? Or was Azrea one of those you don't see every day? Vigilon had already guessed that Ind0minus knew what Azrea meant by "likes". "...So he never knew...that this player likes him? I...don't get it somehow, but then again, I don't know any player by the name XOXXie." Azrea looked to Vigilon, in a manner that could have easily stated, "You'd be better off not knowing", and said, "Alright, both of you, listen up. If there's one thing you two should know about XOXXie, and I consider this a warning, she's got a bit of a quirk. Originally, I thought Ind0minus would know by now, but oh well. XOXXie...is absolutely, positively, without a doubt, ridiculously boy crazy. Trust the gal who's had to hear all that she talks about day after day, she loves like, eighty-eight percent of all men! I'm just telling you."

Vigilon blinked a few times in confusion. "...What? Am I hearing this correctly?" He looked to Ind0minus. "Both your future Guild members got quirks, pal?" Ind0minus looked at Azrea. "Well...I never expected that at all. I mean, sure, I know of something that I couldn't have possibly known without someone else telling me, but, this is something...I...don't really see why." Azrea sighed. "Well, at least I could get that off my chest, and crush someone in a duel, someone in a higher level than me! Yeah, I've got it pretty good now." Vigilon looked to Azrea and said, "Well congratulations that you're doing well, but you also got two guys absolutely stupefied right now." Azrea shrugged. Right now, Vigilon just wanted to get that off his mind. It had all came a little strange to him, and he could bet that Ind0minus probably had a worse feeling. Hebegan thinking of things he could say to try and change the subject.

"So....same time, different place in a few weeks or months?" Ind0minus seemed glad to get his mind on a subject he could better understand. "I admit I don't know when we'll do this again, but surely we will fight again. Hopefully, you'll have improved by then, and it will be an even match. Heh, I can hardly wait." "Me neither. Keep getting stronger, you'll prove to be a real test of my abilities!" Azrea said as she took out her scythe and swung it around before putting it away. "Heh. In that case, see you later. Remember, though, you may be in the lead, but the Rising Dragons will prove to be better!" Ind0minus chuckled, and as he was starting to return to the safe zone, he said, "Don't get your hopes up. The Platinum Force will always be a step ahead of you!" To avoid an awkward encounter, Vigilon took a different route to the safe zone. "We'll see about that, 'King Falcon'..."

Summary:

Vigilon receives 2 SP, 1700 Col, 5 T1 Mats, <<Unidentified T1 Rare Two-handed Sword>>, and 2 <<Unidentified T1 Rare Potions>>