[SP-F9] Two Dragons: A Rivalry is Born [Complete]

Vigilon was walking out of the safe zone known as Yōgan Village. He felt that he was ready to fully explore the eighth, ninth and tenth floors. Hopefully. Right now, he needed to get stronger, and know at least some info on the first ten floors. Earlier, however, he was proven wrong of having good knowledge of the floors, seeing that another player, Kaldui, knew about a miniboss he hadn't even noticed. Most likely there were sub-dungeons that he had missed practically everywhere. he must have not looked around enough. Either way, he needed to get a good amount of information on this floor. The problem was, he had already heard something about Mount Kazan being so extreme in heat, that those who managed to return either had scars, or were bed-ridden for days. "Never going there without that <<Survival>> skill that I've heard so much about..." So in that case, no going there... Meanwhile, there was someone ready to start heading in his direction. "There should be more for me in one of the later floors... I'll go to the town first, then do something else around here. You go on ahead, I'll meet you over at Yomi."

Edited by Vigilon
  • 2 weeks later...

Vigilon didn't know where to go first, so he decided to just keep going straight. He wondered if he would end up finding anything on this trip. He checked his inventory to see what he had. Then he went back to looking around as he continued walking forward. Meanwhile, The player that was now headed in Vigilon's direction was thinking about certain things of his own, like his past, his current state in the game... "I need to get stronger, I need to find more allies to join my cause... But will I ever see Alyssa again? I really wish I could just turn back time. If I could, I would still be looking for better ways to be a better man for her...a better man who could support the family, being the current heir, a better man who could bring his family, and many others to a higher place in the world! ...But no, I have to endure all this to get back home. I need to survive. Sure, I could have just remained in the safe zones, but that would get me nowhere. I'd have to learn something from this experience..."

Edited by Vigilon

As Vigilon continued, he thought about what he was currently capable of, he thought about what he might do towards finding more friends and allies. One thing was certain, starting a Guild was significantly harder than he first thought it was. He'd been trying ever since he was level five. Nine levels later, he was still trying. Honestly, it was kind of ridiculous. Meanwhile, up ahead, the player thinking of other things out loud stopped, noticed the player heading in his direction. He pulled up the hood of his light armor. When he got a bit closer, he recognized him to be... "Alex? When and how did he get here?" When the two were about five yards from one another, The two players stopped. "What's with him? He's just looking towards me... Hard to see his face with the hood, but...still..." The other player spoke as he sent something to Vigilon. "Duel me. Half-loss. I won't take no for an answer."

Ind0minus has challenged Vigilon to a Duel!

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon had an answer different than yes or no. "What's your level? I can only decide on that." "Hmm, more clever than you seem. My level is fourteen." "I can handle that. After all, it just means we are equals here." Vigilon pressed accept, Selected the option Half-Loss, and the time until the fight would start was displayed overhead. "So he is the same level I am... seems that Alex really is more intelligent than I took him to be." The player saw the username of his opponent. "Ah, so this is the Vigilon I've heard of. Not very impressive for one who strives to lead..." Vigilon noticed his opponent's username. "Ind0minus, huh? Got any plans for that name or something?" Ind0minus smirked. "Alas, it is merely the name my avatar bears. A burden to carry. How I see it, however, is that to not be dominated is to survive." Vigilon found himself silently agreeing, in his own way.

ID# 93803(Vigilon) LD: 12

ID# 93804(Ind0minus) LD: 20

Ind0minus has won the initiative, and shall be going first.

Turns Left: 15

Ind0minus's Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level 14

SP 36 (35/36 Used)

HP 280

Energy 33

18 Mitigation

2 Evasion

2 Accuracy

9 Base Damage(MA Rank 3, Platinum Fangs)

Max Damage(Not including Crit): 54

Skills:

Rank 3 Martial Arts

Energist

Disguise

Concentration

Items:

Platinum Fangs(3 DMG)

Platinum Cloak(2 Mit., 1 EVA)

Dragon Amulet(2 ACC, 1 EVA)

Vigilon's Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  14
HP:  280
EN:  33(Base[28], Energist[5])
Damage: 6(White blade[+2], Veriost[+1], One handed straight sword Rank 2[+2])

9 Mit.(Sunset's Light)

1 ACC(Karri's Fang)

1 EVA(Sunset's Light)

2 Recovery(Sunset's Light, Karri's Fang)

Bleed: 1(White Blade)

Items:

White Blade(2 Damage, 1 Bleed)

Sunset's Light(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

Edited by Vigilon

The timer for the actual duel started when between the two players popped up the word "Fight!" Ind0minus then rushed in to attack. Vigilon avoided the Five Swords Sword Art attack just in time, and quickly attacked with Horizontal Square, stunning his opponent in the process. This might give Vigilon a bit of time for things like figuring this guy out, and finding ways to continue the fight while keeping it in his favor. Ind0minus's HP hadn't gone down very much at all, so Vigilon guessed he had some decent mitigation. Well, only time would tell any more about this fight. Ind0minus was thinking to himself, "So he managed to stun me... that's not half bad, but when I can make an action again, he will be struck harder than how he struck me..." Vigilon began to wonder more about this guy. "Say, are you one of those people who likes to challenge others? 'Cause that's what seemed to come across to me."

(Ind0minus) ID# 93994 BD: 4+2-1=5(Miss)

(Vigilon) ID# 93995 BD: 7+1-2=6(Hit)

Horizontal Square- 6x4-18=6

Turns Left: 14

Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 26/33 (0/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Ind0minus: HP 274/280, EP 31/33, (6/140 HP Depleted) {Stunned}

Edited by Vigilon

So what if he liked challenging people or not? That wasn't why he challenged him, though. Ind0minus had a different reason. "I had other reasons for challenging you." The stun had lifted, giving Ind0minus his chance after Vigilon would make his next move. Vigilon decided that he might as well attack while he had the chance. He attacked with Horizontal Square again. Ind0minus smiled under his hood as he got up. "Good try, but you're wasting your energy. Upon a successful stun, your target becomes immune to stun for a short time after. You cannot utilize it to keep one immobilized..." Clearly, Vigilon knew he couldn't stay close for very long, lest he strike Vigilon easily. "I'll have to keep that in mind. However, why did he tell me this? He could have easily just surprised me..." Vigilon began to wonder, just who was this guy? And what were his reasons for challenging him?

[Stun refrains Ind0minus from taking action]

(Vigilon) ID# 94413 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG), CD: 6(Recovered 2 Energy)

Horizontal Square- 8x4-18=14

Turns Left: 13

Vigilon: HP 280/280, EP 22/33 (0/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Ind0minus: HP 260/280, EP 32/33, (20/140 HP Depleted) [Stun Immunity: 2 Turns] Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon began to think. "Sure, he may be the same level as me, but what is his damage output?" He snapped out of it so he could focus, which was just before he saw the hand flying towards him. Vigilon found himself unable to avoid Ind0minus's Five Swords attack this time, and was knocked to the ground, stunned. He looked at his HP. "Well...that's not good..." Ind0minus chuckled. "Hmph, were you even paying attention? You just stood there! You can't just risk getting lost in thought. You need to have focus! Doing what you were doing just now will never help you survive! A fighter lost in thought, or even tired, is soon a dead one!" Why was this guy chiding Vigilon? This question would end up burned into Vigilon's head until he got answers. "Why the heck are you chiding me for, man? You don't even know me!" "Ha! That's where you are wrong, Vigilon."

(Ind0minus) ID# 94756 BD: 9(Critical! +1 Base DMG)

Five Swords- 10x5-9=41

Bleed Damage: Ind0minus takes 12 damage

Turns Left: 12

Vigilon: HP 239/280, EP 22/33 (41/140 HP depleted) {Stunned}

Opponent:

Ind0minus: HP 248/280, EP 24/33, (32/140 HP Depleted) [Stun Immunity: 1 Turn] Bleed: 1 Turn, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon was now stunned, and vulnerable to Ind0minus's next attack. "Does this guy actually know me? if so, how? I don't understand..." The stun lifted just in time for Vigilon to evade Ind0minus's Tornado Kick. The attack missed by an inch. "Whew!" He managed to get up, and he looked at Ind0minus. "So you know me, then? If that's true, tell me, who are you?" Ind0minus smirked. He couldn't possibly ruin the surprise. Not yet. He wanted to see how Vigilon had grown in this game first. "If you want to know anything, let me see how you have changed during this duel. Otherwise, I'll just leave you guessing." Just who was this guy? How did he know Vigilon? These questions just kept coming. Not even the voice could jog his memory... "Well? Shall we continue this, or are you far too lost in your thoughts?" "I shouldn't be, but the fact that you claim to know me and the fact that I don't recognize you don't add up. Could easily be the hood, but still..."

(Ind0minus) ID# 94779 BD: 4+2-1=5(Miss)

[Stun refrains Vigilon from taking action]

Turns Left: 11

Vigilon: HP 239/280, EP 22/33 (41/140 HP depleted) [Stun Immunity: 2 Turns]

Opponent:

Ind0minus: HP 236/280, EP 23/33, (44/140 HP Depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

Ind0minus smirked under his hood. Vigilon seemed to be bent on discovering who he was. "Until the duel ends, I'll have to leave you guessing. I won't reveal the answer until I see how you've changed, and what you're capable of accomplishing." Vigilon shrugged and said, "For change, I have no clue. For possible accomplishments, I'd currently say just a few quests. For now." "Pfft, that's hardly enough of an answer. You give nothing, and expect to gain all knowledge in return. From your words, I'd say you haven't changed a bit. However, actions speak louder than words." He attacked with Tornado Kick, dealing plenty of damage and knocking Vigilon to the ground. To make matters worse, Vigilon's sword flew out of his hand and got stuck within a crack in the ground. "So, what will you do now that you are disarmed, hm? Prove to me that you're not all talk. Show me what you have learned as an adventurer in Aincrad!" Vigilon knew this meant he would have to try getting his weapon back, while avoiding the next incoming attack, which already seemed difficult.

(Ind0minus) ID# 95153 BD: 7+2-1=8(Hit)

(Vigilon) ID# 95154 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

Tornado Kick- 9x6-9=45

Turns Left: 10

Vigilon: HP 194/280, EP 21/33 (86/140 HP depleted) [Stun Immunity: 1 Turn]

Opponent:

Ind0minus: HP 236/280, EP 12/33, (44/140 HP Depleted)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon thought of a strategy he might be able to use to retrieve his weapon without getting hit from behind, but the question was whether or not it would work. "Here goes nothing..." He started running, but was ready to try rolling to the left if anything came. Ind0minus had a way to counter such a move in mind. "He seems to be running normally, but I can see him looking behind... If I could stop him in his tracks before he moves... I should go with Delayed Sword." Vigilon felt a tingle in his legs as he fell to the ground and felt another tingle towards the back of his neck. At first, he thought he had tripped and fell, but when he noticed the damage, he realized he wasn't expecting a low sweep of sorts. "Clever move. Gotta admit, I didn't expect that..." Vigilon said as he got up and grabbed his sword. Then he suddenly activated his Sword Art, Vertical Arc, and attacked his opponent, saying, "But can you expect this?" Vigilon noticed the state of his HP after his successful attack. "Aw, crap! I should focus on avoiding every move, otherwise, he'll get me one more time and I'll lose! There isn't anything at stake here, is there?"

(Ind0minus) ID# 95155 BD: 6+2-1=7(Hit)

(Vigilon) ID# 95156 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG) CD: 8(Recovered 2 Energy)

Delayed Sword- 9x4-9=27

Vertical Arc- 8x4-18=14

Turns Left: 9

Vigilon: HP 167/280, EP 20/33 (113/140 HP depleted)

Opponent:

Ind0minus: HP 222/280, EP 9/33, (58/140 HP Depleted) Bleed: 2 turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon was now focused more on evading incoming attacks. Hopefully, he wouldn't get struck by anything. He readied himself to avoid Ind0minus's attack. Despite all that he tried, Vigilon was surprised to find his opponent's attack aimed for exactly where he was going to move. The attack knocked him about a meter and three inches before he hit the ground. The notification displaying the duel results popped up in the air between the two players. "How did...this happen??" Ind0minus was ready to speak. "Ha! You've hardly changed a bit, Vigilon, or should I say, Alex Silver?" He pulled his hood off as he said this, revealing a familiar face.

Spoiler

Ind0minus.jpg.287bebe6adfecaf0179038ca715dcfdc.jpg

At first, Vigilon couldn't believe his eyes. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Victor Falcon. Why the heck did you decide to come here, anyway? I thought for sure you'd still be back in the real world, being my sister's migraine!"

(Ind0minus) ID# 95157 BD: 5+2-1=6(Hit)

(Vigilon) ID#

Delayed Sword- 9x4-9=27

[Duel Ended!]

Vigilon: HP 140/280, EP 20/33 (140/140 HP depleted) DEFEAT

Opponent:

Ind0minus: HP 210/280, EP 6/33, (70/140 HP Depleted) Bleed: 1 turn, 12 DMG  VICTORY

Edited by Vigilon

Calling Ind0minus his sister's migraine seemed to hit a nerve. "Do you not know to hold your tongue, or is this really what Alyssa considers me? Honesty, please." Vigilon shrugged. "Why can't it be both? Last time you made that face was back in the real world, where you once asked if I could help you get closer to my sister, and the reason you made that face was because I responded with, 'Ain't no way I'm prostituting my sister'." Ind0minus gritted his teeth. "Do you even know the meaning of the word you spoke that day? You often happen to be very rude whenever your sister is brought up in conversation!" Vigilon rolled his eyes. "Hey, it's not like I can explain why she just shut everyone out that day. Everything for me started going downhill after that one day!" "So you admit it! It was after your father died!" Vigilon lifted his sword towards Ind0minus. "Don't. Ever. Mention. My father. Like that..." Ind0minus sighed. "Still haven't gotten over that, I see."

Turns left till full health: 13

Vigilon lowered his blade. "So, back to the original subject, why are you here?" "Meh, it got me curious as to what this Virtual Reality world would hold. Cutting edge technology is usually worth a try, for my father was truly willing to learn more in order to stay either at pace or ahead of others." "Yeah, and remind me, what was it your father did to earn his millions?" "Innovation. Falcon Industries was given to my father, just as grandfather did with his father before him, the Founder, Drake Falcon. The business had been passed down throughout the generations, and there was no expense spared for the education." This left Vigilon slightly confused. "...Then why did you ever go to my high school, rather than some prestigious academy?" "Why, to study the lot of life among the less wealthy, of course. I figured it would prove to be valuable information that may serve as a connection from my family's lofty position in society to the rest of society." "Strategy... Alright, I get and respect that. Anyway, why did you challenge me? Was it really to see if I had changed in any way, or was it something else?"

Turns left till full health: 12

"Because I've heard things about you. Vigilon, a boy who wishes to lead a Guild, one that would help others to 'rise like dragons'. Honestly, I'd truly hoped to find more in you. I wanted to see what you were capable of, especially after I learned that you were Vigilon. However, the result was...disappointing. You're just far too starry-eyed to notice certain things that would prove to be crucial, such as keeping your wits about you in a fight." Vigilon didn't like the sound of that, not at all. "I'm not starry-eyed. I was trying to find out who you were, since you recognized me. Not only that, the duel was half loss!" "Had I been a PKer, you'd be dead right now. It's sad, cold truths like this that prove just how capable you really are. Surely you could deal with monsters, and sometimes the occasional quest or miniboss, with the help of allies, but bosses and players are the real threats. You cannot just think all will be fine and that everything will go smoothly!"

Turns till full health: 11

"What makes you think that was my mindset, huh?" Ind0minus shook his head. "You're as stubborn as ever, I'll give you that. However, you must be able to know what the better move would be, the skills and enhancements you should utilize. The bleed was alright, but you lack the proper skill. Sadly, the sword, though classic and iconic, is among the worst weapons. You may think an impressive blade and decent gear will get you far, but that's not how it works. Granted, it can get you through the weaker floors, but you will need to make sacrifices along the way. Find some skills or enhancements to leave behind, focus on one build before you even consider adding another." Vigilon tried to fully understand what Ind0minus had said. "I will think about that and consider my options. By the way, since I have never heard of you by your username, why don't you tell me what others have said of you? This will make us equals in terms of having knowledge of the other player."

Turns till full health: 10

Ind0minus knew what to say for this question. Nothing but the truth of what he'd heard of, and the pace at which he was growing in strength and level. "I expected that you hadn't heard of me when you didn't recognize my username. I managed to find allies, save a few lives, and grow more powerful, which all went hand in hand with wisdom and strategy. It was I who was rising like a dragon, Vigilon, I was the rising dragon! There are players who know me as the Platinum Dragon!" Vigilon rolled his eyes when his "Rise like Dragons" thing had it's thunder stolen. "Shut up. If I had copyrighted that phrase, you'd owe me some col. Besides, we both know what is better than platinum." "Funny you would say that, I just crushed you in a duel!" "Then in a way, I'll reforge myself!" "You'll have to prove it! Prove that you aren't all talk, and that you can have your wits about you and be able to think and plan within battle and for the future!"

Turns till full health: 9

Vigilon was already having problems regarding this argument. He'd already "Reforged himself" back at the waterfall of the sage, so why couldn't he improve on himself a little more? "Oh, I'll prove it to you all right! I'll take a chance to fight you again at some point, and I'll win! Don't think I'll stop improving! Before long, I might even grow stronger than you!" Ind0minus scoffed. "Do you really think you'll have what it takes to do such things? To become stronger in this game, what you need is the wisdom to come up with strategy, the knowledge to make sensible actions, and so much more! If you think you can just go about your day as if it was all nothing, all just a game, you're dead wrong!" Vigilon and Ind0minus had what could be described as either a staring contest, or a glaring contest, before anything else was said.

Turns till full health: 8

Vigilon had enough of this argument. It was really a downer. "If we're going to keep going on like this, why don't we just have ourselves a long-term competition? Which is better: Silver, or Platinum?" "So you want us to be rivals. In that case, I've won the first round, and initiated the rivalry." Vigilon may have lost in combat, but he wasn't going to lose if it was current amount of allies found for a potential Guild! "I have one ally currently willing to stand by me and be a part of the Guild I wish to start." "Amateur, I've already got two allies." Vigilon's face transitioned to half-shock, half-disappointment. "Wait, what?" Ind0minus chuckled. "How have you been faring with all of this? How is it that you've only been able to have one ally to stand by with you, Alex? How long have you been planning your Guild?"

Turns till full health: 7

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon counted up the time in his head. "About three quarters of a year." "Nine months, eh? seems you've got me beat on time spent planning the Guild." "Ha! It's better than nothing! Score one for silver!" "But you've already lost two, so I'm still one step ahead. Do you really think you're currently fit to lead a Guild? What are the possible scenarios that may occur, and how will you respond to them?" "Hmm.... Well, my intention for my Guild is to protect the players of Aincrad, and to help other players rise in this game, hence the name, Rising Dragons. So..." Ind0minus made his comment before Vigilon continued. "I can see where you're coming from, at least." "...If anything was to threaten my Guild members, I'd see if I have enough power and allies to stop it. I prefer not to pick fights I can't win." "That's only one situation so far, but it's all starting to come clear to me now..."

Turns till full health: 6

Vigilon was thinking about what to ask his new rival at this point. Meanwhile, someone was headed in the direction of the two. When she arrived, she recognized her ally. "Heeey! Ind0minus! What's got you stalled here?" Ind0minus sighed, then turned to the newcomer in the conversation. "I thought I told you to meet me at Yomi, Azrea." The young woman in heavy armor shrugged. "Well, this was the way to the main settlement, which has the teleport gate." The young woman then looked between the two players. "Hang on, did you two just fight!? Ind0minus?? Did you start a fight without me?? Come on! I don't wanna miss out here!" When Azrea asked if the two had just fought, Vigilon was lead to believe she was a protective sort, or, rather, mislead. "...Wait, you like to fight? ...Or is it an opportunity to train?" Azrea looked towards Vigilon curiously.

Turns till full health: 5

Azrea:

Spoiler

Azrea.jpg.51ce44bb899893f52b64d8b09e02de9d.jpg

Edited by Vigilon