[PP-F1] Taking Lessons, Part 2 <<TSLIAS>>

Upon hearing that the blacksmith could use more help, Krysta noticed the quest notification appear. Clearly, this was the next beginner quest. "Why, I would be glad to help!" The NPC blacksmith smiled, and said, "Thank you. My problem is, that I kind of need some rarer materials to craft weapons with, and the like, but I'm just not as good in combat as I used to be. Not only that, but who would watch this workshop while I was out? What I need are three Boar Pup tusks. Now, I mean Boar Pups, not the full-grown ones. They can be found west of town, but they are usually near their parents, so it's best to be wary..." Krysta believed she could take on a small boar or two. "Then it's best I be off! I'll do what I can to bring the materials back!" Krysta walked out, and said, "It looks like we're going boar hunting on this quest, Hestia!"

@Hestia

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I waited calmly outside the blacksmith house petting my little lion familiar affectionately as i look up towards the sky hoping that this girl is ready for her first fight possibly in regards to these quests. I would imagine, so since she must've gained some levels from completing her first quest which usually gives a decent amount all things considered for new players. I look down to my familiar my precious little lion who is sleeping along my legs as i chuckle at his rather lazy demeanor when it is outside of combat. Thankfully though he knows when to be serious when it comes to combat, and knows how to follow up on my plans.

I hear the shop door opening as i turn my head and sees the girl i have been helping out by the name of Krysta. I smile as i nudge my lion who gives me a small growl. I then nudge him again as he gives me this apathetic look as i can already imagine what he is thinking.'Really? Now? I was sleeping.'  Yeah i know you were Kuro come on get up. I say as i get him off of my lap as i then stand up myself, and then turns to you with a smile. Yep boar pups are what you're going to be killing. Little weak pups that any player could kill honestly. Don't worry though if you miss them a lot in the beginning. People who are unuse to the combat find it a bit difficult at first sometimes. I say just encase.

• 1 month later...

(OOC: I completely forgot about this thread! I should get to it right away before I end up too close to a position where I can't do these quests anymore!)

Hestia stood up and told Krysta about what she would be doing, also telling her to not worry if she missed often during combat due to inexperience. She kept that in mind, in case anything was to get out of hand. However, if these were supposed to be the easiest battles in SAO, she wouldn't have to worry. "I'll keep your advice in mind, Hestia." She looked to the sky, seeing that it was still blue and everything. There was still half a day, so why not make use of it and clear a quest? She started walking over towards the direction of the west gate. "Surely, I'll be able to tackle more than simple mobs when I finish these quests. I still have far to go right now, but I won't let that bother me!" These battles with boar pups might be some practice for the future battles that lay ahead. She needed to become stronger, she needed to avenge Wardege, she needed to clear quests, help other players, save lives and more! These were but the first steps to achieving those goals.

@Hestia

I smile as i look over towards Krysta as i relax my posture as my familiar remains at my side. So then Krysta let get going their are mobs calling our names that need to be put down. I say in a cheerful tone of voice. I then begin to make my way towards the area where small boar pups spawn quite frequently. Well if you wish to face stronger monsters does that mean you're going to be a DPS then Krysta? Cause that is what they do. Go and fight the monsters directly while taking on like a sub class of either Support, or scout? I ask the girl curiously as i walk alongside her towards the quest destination as my familiar walks beside me the lion being the size of a very large dog as i just give him some pets in the meantime as he glares at me for giving that attention as i just chuckle playing it off. Not that afraid of my familiar attacking me, or harming me.

(OOC: Um, whenever I use italics for an entire quote, it's me trying to show that those are Krysta's thoughts. I'm only saying this just in case.)

As the two players were on the way to the area where the quest mobs would be spawning, Hestia asked about Krysta's intended build. "While I know that damage is important, I also wish to focus on healing and supporting. I honestly don't know which to prioritize, though..." The topic of builds actually reminded her of one of those times where she had been able to talk with Wardege before he was murdered, when the topic of builds came up. The memory played itself like a video within Krysta's mind.

"I find myself better off serving players by taking hits and restoring their HP. That is to say, I intend on becoming a tank and a healer." Krysta smiled. "Your generosity to all players has no limits, does it, Leif?" With a gentle chuckle, Wardege said, "Even I don't truly know the answer to that, Jewel. Right now, there are plenty of players out there who are far more capable than I will ever be at this rate. However, I will do what I can to play my part in this game..."

But he never got his chance. Krysta tried to push away the now melancholy memory away, as their destination was in sight.

@Hestia

Well for what to priortize would depend on who you know in all honesty. i tell the girl with a small shrug of my shoulders. If you know a player who could function as a DPS and seems willing to go on adventures with you then i would suggest prioritizing support to help them survive in quests when you are together. However, if you don't have such a partner i would say focus on some damage first since you will need it to make it anywhere in the climb of these quests. The only reason i was allowed to get away with what i did is because my armor had thorns, and i had mitigation from my familiar which allowed me to handle basically any damage that was done to me. I say with a small little chuckle at that fact as i look at you as i notice you seem a bit distant so i remain silent figuring you're thinking about something. After a bit i see us exit through the town of beginning and into the fields.

Krysta listened to what Hestia had to say. She had a good point, thus meaning for Krysta that she would have to start working on her healing skills soon. "You have a good point. I know someone who is trying to primarily be a DPS, so I guess healing skills might help him possibly save col on potions..." She remembered how Vigilon did what he could, but his mitigation wasn't the best, so he couldn't always get into rough fights. Krysta's damage wasn't as good as his, but that wouldn't matter if players' HP kept running low. There were many reasons to have healing skills, along with other things that would help to support others. At her current rate, she wouldn't have the skill directly after this quest, however, she was certain that she would be able to utilize healing to keep other players fighting later on in the game.

@Hestia

I nod at Krysta glad that she has a partner, or at least someone to team up with to help in dealing with the quests ahead that could be to much for a person without thorns to help them survive this all. Knowing that without having mitigation, or at least thorns could potentially be a straight shot towards death unless she has something to compensate for the lack of damage she would be doing. Well that is good then Krysta, and i would definitely recommend getting those first aid skills then to help out this partner of yours survive since you could keep him surviving for a long time then, and wouldn't be dependent on healing potions if neither you or he has mitigation. I say as a suggestion with a grin as we enter the grassy fields of the first floor as i then pat you gently on the back. I'll be leaving you on your own for the most part Krysta. I will only get involved if it looks like you could end up dying. Otherwise i will be wanting you to fight these things on your own. I tell the girl with confidence.

Krysta saw the area on the horizon as Hestia responds to Krysta's response. Hestia patted Krysta on the back, saying that she would leave the task to her alone unless things got out of hand. Of course, with her current light armor on, it would be unlikely for any damage higher than one to occur. Krysta went on ahead, and spotted one of the quest mobs, falling behind on trying to keep up. It noticed Krysta, and began staring at her. She walked towards, it, and it suddenly began rushing for her. The small creature managed to ram into Krysta, but all it took was to thrust her weapon into it's back, and it shattered. Nothing was dropped, however. She looked to see another small boar heading her direction, probably upset about the loss of it's sibling. It was times like this where she actually felt sorry for some of the creatures here in the game, despite that they didn't have souls and were only part of a game.

ID# 95878 Mob: 9(Hit)

ID# 95879 BD: 9(Critical, +1 DMG)

ID# 95880 LD: 5(Failed)

[2] Krysta: HP 119/120, EP 11/12 | 5 DMG | 18 MIT.

Enemies

Boar pup 1: HP 0/5, 3 DMG

Boar pup 2: HP 5/5, 3 DMG

Edited by Krysta

I watch the fight take place as i sit on the ground as my familiar quickly joins me at my side as i just watching things unfold figuring that things should go by rather quickly since i have faith you are a competent fighter. Especially since it seems you can kill mobs within one strike. A grin rather happily at that knowing that at least these boars will fall rather quickly, and who knows maybe even get lucky enough to get a boar tusk if all goes well. Good strike Krysta keep it up! I call out in a cheerful tone of voice wishing to encourage you to continue no matter what. Watching as your health decreased by a small amount of damage,but nothing that is a worrying amount. I grin a little bit at that knowing that it is also true that no matter what you couldn't die out here from me having first aid to heal up any damage you could take to begin with, and by the time you would need a emergency heal i would be back to full energy if it somehow manages to take up lots of energy to heal you.

The small boar squealed as it rushed towards Krysta. "I'm sorry, but the circumstances of this game leave me little choice." Krysta was going to do exactly what she did before, but the problem was, the boar veered to the left to strike her leg rather than leap to try and ram her. The thought of having to do this weighed on Krysta slightly. Why these little things, rather than full grown boars whose tusks would be in much better shape, not to mention it would be an aggressive beast that had lived it's life? Sure, the creatures were small, but they could actually deal damage, despite that the damage was mitigated. But why could such small creatures have that kind of force to be able to harm people at so young an age? Game mechanics? Probably, although as a result it wouldn't make very much sense. She knew that she had to deal with these small creatures, but she never expected to feel so discouraged about killing monsters.

ID# 95904 Mob: 7(Hit)

ID# 95905 BD: 2(Miss)

[2] Krysta: HP 118/120, EP 10/12 | 5 DMG | 18 MIT.

Enemies

Boar pup 2: HP 5/5, 3 DMG

Edited by Krysta

I calmly watch this unfold as i sit upon the grass as i watch you fight with what seems like relative ease for a person doing this for the first time which is rather nice all things considered. Means that i won't have to get involved at all during this, and just enjoy the fight between yourself and these boars. More so it would be rather impossible for any boars to deal any worrying amount of damage from myself having first aid which would be the aid i would provide. Not really ever going to get involved in the actual fight by punching them just letting you take all the heat yourself while i would heal any more wounds you could get that could be to a worrying amount. I look over to my familiar who is laying in the grass beside me just watching along also with a rather bored expression which i can only guess is not from having some sort of partner to keep himself occupied. 'Note to self try to find a person with a familiar to keep Kuro company, or something like that. That or find a game he likes.' I think to myself as i look towards my familiar.

The small boar squealed as it readied itself to charge at Krysta again. Krysta was prepared to evade and strike, although she was liking the idea less and less. The miniature boar managed to veer in the right direction, but Krysta stabbed it after taking the mitigated damage. The small boar squealed and shattered, but once again, nothing was dropped. Krysta sighed regarding her second failure to recover a material from one of the specified quest mobs. She looked forward, and there was, yet again, another small, young boar on it's way to avenge it's fallen siblings. At this point, Krysta wasn't liking this at all. "Can't I just gather the tusks from the fully grown ones? It just feels so wrong to slaughter their young!" Sure, the game would probably tell her to just keep going, whether she liked it or not, and she would be left to deal with it.

ID# 95991 Mob: 9(Hit)

ID# 95992 BD: 8(Hit)

ID# 95993 LD: 8(Failed)

[3] Krysta: HP 117/120, EP 10/12 | 5 DMG | 18 MIT.

Enemies

Boar pup 2: HP 0/5, 3 DMG

Boar pup 3: HP 5/5, 3 DMG

Edited by Krysta

I shake my head a bit at hearing Krysta's cries as i don't respond just letting the fight continue on knowing that if i try to help out it wouldn't be any help at all to do so. I can only wonder if their is any chance to try and push her forward beyond worrying about the monster's image. being glad she is fighting at the very least, and not being scared about the confrontation of facing the enemy at all unlike some of the players i have helped. I look around the field just seeing the endless waves of boar pups that are charging towards the girl, but from the way it is appearing it seems like they are coming one by one which is making it easy for the girl that seems to be able to kill these little boars with the most basic of attacks which is rather useful, and making this very quick in terms of termination speed. However, from the sounds of things the enemy doesn't seem to be dropping the quest item.

Krysta watched the little boar make it's way towards her, and she would try and evade, probably with a different direction to sidestep, at least. Her rapier in her hand, she was ready to try and end the fight quickly, for quick battles might make this whole ordeal easier on her. Once again, Krysta did not expect the small boar to rush in the right direction, once again, Krysta managed to stab and defeat the creature, and once again, the quest mob had dropped nothing. "Just how often are these tusks actually dropped? Could they be so small and frail that the tusks are hardly dropped at all?" She looked ahead, and, as expected, there was another small boar on it's way, most likely to be after Krysta in order to avenge it's siblings. Krysta had already had enough of this, but now she had a question for herself. Where are the small boars' parents?

@Hestia

ID# 96014 Mob: 7(Hit)

ID# 96015 BD: 8(Hit)

ID# 96016 LD: 9(Failed)

(OOC: Come on, LD, for crying out loud, the third time in a row???)

[4] Krysta: HP 117/120, EP 10/12 | 5 DMG | 18 MIT.

Enemies

Boar pup 3: HP 0/5, 3 DMG

Boar pup 4: HP 5/5, 3 DMG

Edited by Krysta

I just continue watching and from the fact that three have been killed and that the girl hasn't backed away yet tells that her luck with this quick isn't on the high end of things sadly. Also from how the quest is set up i can't even help with it since any kills i got wouldn't drop the quest loot for Krysta to complete the quest. With that i just continue to watch idly by not even looking for materials since i don't really need any for my profession at the moment since my shop is pretty well stocked, and the only thing i would be crafting is perfects for my own use mainly. With all the attempts being those perfect items. I look towards my familiar that is just enjoying the air as i just nod and takes his approach as i just lay onto my back and closes my eyes thinking what could be the worst that could happen from a player fighting some boars by her lonesome. Especially one that can one shot them.

The small boar charged for Krysta, and she readied herself to evade and strike, ending the fight quickly, and hopefully bringing her closer to her goal. She didn't want to do this anymore, but she had no choice, she had to do it, despite that the thought of it was disturbing, and was fairly censurable in her opinion. She blocked the boar pup with her weapon, and it rolled onto its back, struggling and squealing. Krysta held her blade over it, closed her eyes, and stabbed the little boar, causing it to squeal fairly loud before it shattered. When she opened her eyes, the loot menu popped up to show Krysta that she had retrieved a boar pup tusk. "Whew, one down... Two to go..." She was a little disheartened, since she would have to keep killing young boars. She heard a fairly normal squeal, and looked to see a normal sized boar heading her direction...and it wasn't pleased at all. No, she wasn't pleased at all. It was the boar pups' mother!

@Hestia

ID# 96245 Mob: 1(Critical fail)

ID# 96246 BD: 6(Hit)

ID# 96247 LD: 20(Success! +1 Quest Mat) (OOC: Thank you.)

Tusks collected: 1/3

[5] Krysta: HP 117/120, EP 10/12 | 5 DMG | 18 MIT.

Enemies

Boar pup 4: HP 0/5, 3 DMG

Mother Boar 1: HP 10/10, 3 DMG

Edited by Krysta

I just continue  to watch from afar with a rather interested look at seeing the mother actually showing up with the boar pups death as i just wait to see what happens from here on it. Knowing that it is possible for the girl to kill the mother if she has any sort of sword arts to begin with. Feeling confident it is possible since she hasn't put all her dedication into healing just yet which would be fairly useful with whoever her teammate is going to be. I glance at my familiar that is staring at the mother boar as i chuckle knowing what he is thinking since i am having the same thought but about normal foods instead. It being around the time to get something to eat, and it is starting to approach the time to get something to eat which would be rather nice. i do wonder though if there are any players with that fishing skill knowing that would be useful to try and get some materials.

The mother began charging towards Krysta. She had a fair guess as to what she would do. Most likely, this boar had more common stats, thus meaning the most efficient choice would be to use a Sword Art. Krysta tried to evade again, but this one was smarter than her young. She knew exactly where to attack Krysta, but the impact wasn't as fierce as expected. Although Krysta knew that this boar was fighting for vengeance for her young, Krysta didn't have any qualms on fighting her, not like she did with her young, the quest targets. Krysta readied her Sword Art, Rip Ravine, and struck the creature twice, ending the fight as soon as it had started. "Whew...that was easier than I thought it would be." As if on cue, she heard another squeal. It was from yet another small boar, heading over aggressively. "Oh dear, here we go again..."

@Hestia

ID# 96248 Mob: 7(Hit)

ID# 96249 BD: 8(Hit)

Tusks collected: 1/3

[6] Krysta: HP 116/120, EP 8/12 | 5 DMG | 18 MIT.

Enemies

Boar pup 4: HP 0/5, 3 DMG

Mother Boar 1: HP 0/10, 3 DMG

[Wave 1 Cleared!]

Boar pup 5: HP 5/5, 3 DMG

Edited by Krysta

I smile seeing the fight progress as once more the girl known as Krysta gets hit for very minimal damage, but kills the enemy in one hit as i just enjoy the show that is progressing as it is with the one by one fights happening. This almost seeming like a fun little arena style match that the Romans would watch for amusement. the only difference being is that i am willing to step in to ensure the survival of the person against the animals that are trying to kill them. I get up myself feeling rather bored and needing to try and do something to keep my mind active as i start picking up some rocks and focusing on some of the birds in the sky as i get in position watching them as i then quickly throw the pebble as it misses the birds as they fly away as i sigh softly. 'Oh well it is just something to do, and who knows maybe moving targets that are trying to run away could make for better accuracy practice.' i think to myself.