[F9-PP] Guard dog of Hades vs punches and shield <<Guardian of Fire>>

I head through the snowy plains of snowfrost as i equip my armor and weapons as i thank myself silently for getting the survival perk or what i am about to do would be one of the most miserable experiences ever in my life. I look around with my green colored eyes at the endless snow with a town coming into sight in the distance. 'Snowfrost' I think to myself as i continue to travel towards the town on the fourth floor. At my side a lion as big as a large dog with fur as white as the snow upon this floor, and wings as black as the night walking by my side without any issue. Which is logical this is his home floor so he shouldn't be bothered any by this weather that it is experiencing. My black hair with silver streaks moving within the wind do to the slight snowstorm that is occurring which is making the downpour of rain greater then the usual amount.

Eventually i enter the town which seems unfazed by the snow as i sigh softly knowing having this snow on me will be miserable as soon as i step foot onto that lava and heat infested floor. I look towards my familiar who looks equally unamused and frustrated that we're heading onto such a floor. Yeah i know Kuro, but it is what is required to try and be as prepared as possible for things that could be awaiting us after the frontlines break down the boss for the twenty first floor...whenever that is going to be. I say softly hoping that is soon, and ends rather quickly. Wanting to explore more of these floors to see what awaits us, and to try and prepare myself for the inevitable fight that the floor would have. It is only a matter of time till the next floor arrives.

I walk through the town past the shops and festive lights that brings in the season as i smile glad that the game has the courtesy to do that at the very least. To try and cheer up the spirits of the downtrodden players do to the deaths, anguish, and misery that a full year of this game can bring people. Deaths, and misery that i haven't experienced at all, but has effects on people that i know. It's..interesting to say the least on the matter. I then step onto the teleporter that i find myself on alongside my familiar.  Teleport Yogan Village. I say as cold gets replaced by warmth as i stand on the teleporter for a few moments for my body to get use to the heat. the sudden change being a mild shock. I then step off of the pad, and nods my head. Okay then time to find a fire dog...somewhere. i say unsure not remembering exactly where it was besides a general direction.  meanwhile i can hear my familiar panting do to the heat it is not use to feeling.Having not remembered the directions for the quest down the the exact detail.
@Stryder

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky groans as he wakes up, yawning as he slides off the tree. He had been taking a nap on the second floor in the tree near his shop. It was in a safezone, so he knew he was alright. He cracked his back, somehow it worked before he got down, wondering what he should be doing with his day... There was a quest he had been meaning to do for a fair while, the one on floor nine, cerberus. He got to kill a massive fire dog! He was looking forward to it, so why not go and do it? 

Sky then ran to the warp gate, and went to the ninth floor, and the momnt he was there he regretted his choice. It was hot, like... Extremely hot. He was australian, so the heat wasn't as much a pain as it would be to others, but it was still bloody hot on this floor. He groaned, walking around. He had no idea where he was meant to be going.... At all. He had no familiar, no directions, nothing. All he knew, was that there was a fire dog here somewhere that he had to deal with, but how to find that dam dog? Normally he had Eatos or someone else who had pre planned these entire quests and knew everything, but that wasn't the case this time... He groaned, looking around, wondering if he would see someone from where he was standing at the warp gate who might know what they are doing.

I look around before starting to walk in a random direction hoping to get it right by just walking their since i don't remember much about what the beast actually is in terms of its location. However, it does seem rather lucky that i hear from a passing by NPC about Cerberus' locations in terms of being near the mountains towards the southeast. I grin eagerly and quickly heads over towards the village since that is where the dog was sighted. I prepare myself for Days of travel by myself knowing it can be maddening inducing I calmly check myself before i leave the village of Yogen as i nod seeing that i am indeed wearing my battle gear. A important fact since otherwise going into battle unprepared would be most unwise since death could be imminent then since it could take a bit to prepare my armor if i wasn't wearing it.

I look towards my familiar who is keeping an eye out for me encase anybody could be following me, or trying to keep some eye on me for whatever reason. be it some player killers wanting to kill someone trying to reach the frontlines, or just for fun to steal the gear they could have upon their person. No matter the case Kuro the familiar of white fur, and black wings is observing my surroundings to help me get out of here alive.

• 1 month later...

Before Sky could do anything other then look, suddenly through the portal came Silver, his wolf familiar, who instantly started groaning from the intense heat. It was a bloody HOT floor, and he was lucky that she wasn't outright dying from the heat with her Fur. He smiled, walking over to her and scratching her ears a little, the wolf pant-smiling at him as he did so. He then saw someone walking by.... Wearing battle gear? He had no idea who she was, but he knew he wanted to see where she was going. He looked at his puppy, smiling at her.

"Come on Girl, lets follow her" He says, and she grows at him a little, not really trusting anyone but her master. Sky kindly kneels down, giving Silver a hug, before looking at her fondly. "It will be okay girl, i'l protect you" He says to her, the wolf barking as if to say Alright, lets go then

He noticed the person he had seen about to leave the village, so with a shrug he starts walking that way himself, not even bothering to try and hide.

I make my way through the town of Yogen, and then just simply exits the town and makes my way in the general direction of Vulcan making sure to follow the same path i took last time to end up heading towards where i remember the path being. Not paying all that much attention to my surroundings besides avoiding stepping in very painful lava that could be a insta death if it is life other games that have come out. Either way not a fun time being put into lava in either situation that could come from it. My familiar the lion with wings and fur is panting from the extreme heat as i can't help but feel utterly terrible about that fact. Knowing this floor is torture for him, but needing to make it towards the enemy ahead to get the necessary defense to survive it absolutely solo. However, a little bit after the exiting of the town i hear my familiar start to growl in some annoyance as i turn back to see some man with a wolf pup behind me. Seemingly following me. I just wait, but gets into a stance ready to defend myself encase this is a Pker trap in some fashion. My familiar getting low to the ground ready to pounce also. Neither of us knowing what this person wants, so being cautious to the max being the best bet.

Sky kept following the girl, the wolfess walking by his side, scanning everything. She was seriously scared of anything that wasn't Sky, he was the one who had saved her from her own pack... He was the only one who she had found who cared about her. Sky basically had no clothes on, for the most part. He had his light armor jacket, the sleeves covering his arms, and around his arms were arm braces, heavy armor braces which covered up to about his elbow. On his hands, gloves made out of some gray stone. They had a sinister feeling about them, at least, they did to Sky. They absorbed the souls of monsters he had killed with them.... it wasn't something that he enjoyed feeling, but there power seemed to slowly grow. And he had jeans on, but other then that, his jacket was unzipped, it was WAY to hot to be wearing anything more then he needed. 

She seemed to have turned around, starting to stare at him, and taking a defensive posture. He took no note of it, his hands by his sides. He had no 'weapon' out, though he was a martial artist so he wasn't really expected to have one. Silver backed up, staying behind her master, who smiled at the person he had been following. 

"Hey, whats up?"

At hearing the rather simple reply i do relax slightly, but keep my grip on my shield ready to move it to defend me. So then who might you be. The name is Hestia a person from the guild known as the Holy Dragon Alliance. How are you doing? I ask first being rather formal when stating guild and name, but then very quickly to a relaxed and casual tone when asking how you are doing as i approach you slowly. My familiar slowly following behind me as it glances towards you, and then back at the wolf. What are you doing here? Killing some monsters or something, or you here for one of the few quests that could be here? Oh maybe one of the those scouting types that like to try and find the little things that make each floor unique. I'm right, right? I ask with a small grin upon my face just wishing to ask as many questions to get info, and to show i am not the overly serious type.

She was in the Holy Dragon Alliance? Well, someone from another guild! Maybe... depending if he could show he was strong enough, he could maybe form an alliance with her guild... Something that would allow him to help his guild mates out more. He needed more Col so he could build them a Guild hall... He stopped that train of thought, before he could really do anything he had to answer her questions, and say who he was.

"Heh, a looot of questions. Firstly, my name is Stryder,  Lionheart of the New Dawn, leader of the Guardians of the New Dawn, my guild. As for what i'm doing here, i heard about a quest where you get to meet Cerberus. Aside from that, i'm learning that i hate this floor..." He said, at the end wiping a bead of sweat off his face, smiling. He looks towards his familiar, kneeling down and stroking her head. "This is Silver Aurora, my familiar. I rescued her from her own pack which was trying to kill her, so forgive her if she is a little shy" He says, smiling. 

"What are you doing on this hell of a floor?" 

'Some title sounding thing, guild name. Probably the leader that or someone that is special on the front lines. Either way be careful not to say anything stupid since that could ruin a alliance of sorts that could form from this interaction.' I think to myself calmly as i look at the man. Well it's nice to meet you Stryder, and Silver. As i said my name is Hestia, and the lion next to me is Kuro. I say introducing the very large dog sized lion with wings that can make him fly on his back. Its fur white as the snow, wings black as night. And i'm on this floor to also fight Cerberus once more. I used up its quest item when going through a dungeon delving thing alongside my guild, so i figured i would pick up the item once more to aid me in any future fights that could end up being rather annoying. Who knows maybe my guild might set up another dungeon delving day where i will need the item again. I say with a small shrug just being honest with my thoughts, and my familiars slowly walks over towards you. More specifically your familiar to see what it is is like in terms of scent. Wait....Stryder...that name sounds familiar. I say trying to remember where i heard that name from, and also this guild name from before now.

Sky was glad she had done this quest before. It meant he could tag along with her, possibly, depending how this whole thing went. She seemed a lot stronger then him... He wasn't strong enough to take his guild dungeon delving yet, and even if he was... His guild wasn't strong enough to survive it.... He wished that he could somehow get them up enough levels to reach him, but that wouldn't happen any time soon. He sighed, watching as Kuro tried to get close to Silver, who shivers a little, pressing herself into Sky, who looked at Kuro. He didn't really know what to do without seeming rude.

"Its alright Silver, calm down" He says to her before looking back at Hestia. "She's a little shy. Your guild sounds a little stronger then mi-"  He was saying, before she said his name sounded familiar. He was a little confused, wondering as to where she might have heard his name... The only place his name had been announced well... Ever had been at the Halloween Party. "Sorry, i can't say the same for you, where do you think you heard my name?"

Kuro seeing the little creature start shivering in fear lays down on the ground, and waits for the wolfess to approach him if the creatures wants to do so. Kuro just looking at the little wolf with idle curiosity. Just wishing to see what this creature is about, and trying to get to know it if it will be like the little shark dog and become a type of companion during the travels for two days. Well i don't know if we're stronger, but it could be possible since we do have Jomei who is a frontliner soo it is a possibility. I say with a small nervous little chuckle about that fact as i look at the man as i sheathe my sword in its sheathe, but keeps hold of my shield. At hearing you don't remember me i do get a small playful little pout at that. Oh well i guess it is the case since i don't know where i heard your name, but if i had to take a guess it might've been at that New Dawn christmas party thing i went to since it was open party for anyone from what i remember, or the halloween event since i went to that. I say trying to remember where exactly i had met this player. eh we can talk and walk if you feel like joining me in taking down the weak dog. I say my voice dripping with disappointment, and bitterness.

Silver, noticing that Kuro wasn't trying to come closer, calmed down, then slowly started to approach the creature, a little curious itself, now that she knew that it wasn't going to attack her... At least she hoped it wasn't. Sky looked over, smiling at Silver, who lightened up a bit knowing her master was watching over her. He listened to Hestia talk, and she said she had a frontliner in there guild, which outright told him that they were a lot stronger then his was. Then he listened to when she could have met him, and each one sounded very possible. He had hosted a christmas party.... It didn't go as well as he had wanted, but it still went well. Then she mentioned the halloween event.... He looked down at his hands, the gloves. He got these things there, and he wouldn't go back and change anything, but he was worried that they might become evil.... But they were his burden to bear, and he wasn't going to let them overcome him.

"I wouldn't mind coming along to take out this pup, can't be to hard if you have done it before" He says, grinning as he walks up next to her.

I chuckle a little bit a that statement as i shrug a bit at it as i look towards you. I mean as long as you are willing to try and kill all of these things in one hit that would be fine with me since that means you will be doing as good as my guildmate was in this quest. I do wonder though how brave someone has to be to actually go up and punch these creatures with there fists like she can. I can imagine that is not a comfortable time if those creatures have some kind of armor or the such. I say as i start making my way once more towards the quest destination gesturing for you to follow me. I mean i know the pain dampeners exist but the recoil, or just tingly feeling from the impact can't be the best. I say rather curious about all of that as i look towards you with a curious look. My familiar looks towards yours and once more tries to pat it gently on the head curiously to see what the reaction would be. Testing what it usually does on all familiars to this one.

Kill it in one hit? Thats what her teammate did last time? Wow. He was suprised, killing cerberus in a single hit? That was insane. But her next words shocked him even more, saying someone was brave enough to punch the dog with her fists? It was a her, meaning it wasn't Calrex, who was the only other Martial Artist he had ever seen... Meaning there was others. He was very shocked and confused, and wondered if he could stand up to someone at that level. If he could do it, it would mean he was on the same level.... Hopefully. He wanted to be as strong as anyone else, and he needed it.

"I can try... And you don't need to be that brave, just make sure you trust in your own reflexes, and make sure you have some armor on your arms to parry attacks" He said, holding up his own arm, showing his armor. He didn't really mention the pain dampeners, which didn't really effect him. He hadn't really let the pain hurt him, ever, only time it had was when his mind wasn't focused and he got hit harder then he had expected.

Silver jumped back, a little scared, running back over to Stryder, pushing her head into his hand to make herself feel safer.

Oh that means you're a martial artist also? Interesting to see people choose that route of fighting. Makes it interesting for certain when you can have that option of going all out with your attacks like that. I say with a bright smile on my face as i then quickly ask another question to fill in any silence. So then your guild New Dawn. What kind of people are in it? I ask curiously with a tilt of my head wondering what to do from here as we continue traversing the great spawn of the lava floor. Oh yeah keep in mind for this quest it is going to take three days of travel to get towards Cerberus to end it with just a single hit really .A lot of build up for the fight, but a terrible pay off once you actually realize that someone who can kill the Hoya can finish this enemy off just as easily. I say with a frown on my face as i mention that. My familiar Kuro just nods his head a bit disappointed he won't be able to interact with the other familiar since it seems it is scared of him for one reason or the other.

She seemed envious of marial artists... Though why he had no idea. Maybe because she had chosen the tank route, he had zero idea for the reason why. But, he was ready for her next question, asking who was in his guild. He waited for her to finish talking before he answered everything.

"This sounds dissapointing, i can easily kill the Hoya about six times over with one hit. As for my guild, well iv got some.... Unqiue people in it. Its a guild comprised of mostly low level players, its meant to be a shelter, but one of them has started levelling fast, meaning i need to pick up my pace. Pinball, he is kinda shy but well, he has some talent. Then there's Fae, a young girl who can't be older then nine... Iv got Eatos, my right hand man, and Hei, a good friend who takes the third seat of my council... There are others in the guild, but most of the others aren't really out a lot" He says, scratching the back of his head. He had only mentioned the ones he ran into occasionally, he didn't really... well talk to many of the others. They were alwyas busy with there own things. "So, guess that means we need to make camp at night. Before then, could you tell me about your guild?"

I nod my head at those names surprisingly having met every single of the ones mentioned with the exception of Eatos outside of that christmas party that guild had hosted. Sounds like you at least have someone to keep you motivated to make sure you don't get lazy then Stryder. Who knows maybe Pinball will quickly surpass you soon enough if he is gaining those levels quickly as you say. i say in a joking tone of voice as we walk through the lava infested floor that is the ninth. Myself and my familiar making sure to be prepared for either golems to appear like last time to try and keep me busy, or for a new lava elemental type of deal to attack. Traveling between quests always being a bit to peaceful usually, and the ninth floor having been the only exception so far surprisingly. When asked about my guild i nod my head. Well for us Dragons there is myself who tries to help as many players as possible with quests, and even makes it kinda my job to patrol the lower floors for players who could look confused or scared. That way i can either comfort them if it is a emotional issue, or defend them if it is a questing or fighting issue. Then their is Kimi who has become like my questing partner, and is a rather nice girl if a bit innocent which is a nice bonus to that. There is a girl called Ruby who is a bit of a fashionista, and rather..touchy and flirty type of girl. Then there is Spencer who seems like one of the kindest people you will ever meet. Jomei who is the guild leader who i can say is a man with morals and goals that are totally pure, and a rather good leader to boot. Then there is Kairi who is going through a transitional phase i think. She seems a bit more serious then she was before. I say as i pause and the nods my head. Their are a few more members but those are the ones i have met and can have a opinion about.

It sounded like she knew her Guild quite well, which was nice. He had more or less the same relations with everyone he actually knew, but again a lot of his guild were unknown to him. He had Crozeph... But he hadn't talked to him in ages. He wished his guild was a little stronger, and wished he had enough to offer that he could then offer a guild alliance. He fully wished that he was strong, and had the col to offer to make a deal, but he just didn't have it. 

"I often do the same thing, but recently iv had a few issues with my guild that i have had to deal with that stopped me from being able to properly patrol stuff" He said with a sigh... wishing it wasn't true. He shrugged after, thinking back at Jomei... He didn't know him very well, or at all actually. "I wouldn't mind to meet Jomei, i haven't actually met another guild leader since starting my guild" He responded, shrugging before turning around, picking up the wolfess, who was panting a lot as the heat was overwhelming.

well after this quest i can send a message to Jomei and i can ask him to meet up with you. I'm sure he would be fine with it since he is probably curious what you would have to say. I say with a smile on my face a little bit curious what a meeting between guild leaders would be like. However, that is not much of my own business and just something to keep an eye out for if any changes happen after that meeting.  So besides that Stryder have you done anything interesting with your guild, or at least by yourself? I ask the man curiously trying to get to know something about this man before i send the message. Thinking that if Jomei knew something going in it could be rather useful in any sort of talks or plans that could come up during that time of such a meeting, and just a nice bonus to get to know a new person better.

"As cool as that would be, i really don't have anything to say to him.... My guild hasn't got anything under its belt that i can tell or anything, so maybe wait till then... As for what we have done, i guess the most interesting was hosting that christmas party, along with doing the Dragon Hunter Quests" He answered, smiling as he did so. He really wished he had something to offer Jomei, that would be amazing to make an alliance with another guild, but he would have to wait for a little bit more. Then, he would have the ability to do anything he really needed. He looked around, wondering how long they had been walking for.

"As for by myself, well again not to much. Iv done nearly every quest that is around my level that i have found, though i haven't had a chance to really venture out to any of the intermediate floors. Haven't had a reason to yet" He said, smiling as he looked at her. "None of my friends have been in danger that high. WHat about you, anything special you have done?"