[F9-PP] Guard dog of Hades vs punches and shield <<Guardian of Fire>>

I nod my head in understanding of those words with a grin on my face as i walk alongside the leader of the new dawn guild as i keep my hands behind my head as i glance towards Stryder. So then for your guild Stryder i've been hearing that you have been receiving a lot of members. Where do you think this rise of increase players wanting to join your guild and such is coming from? I ask the player curiously wondering if i could use any strategies for the HDA wanting to just help out my guild become just as strong with active players that i and my guild could help guide towards the frontlines, or help them with their craft if they just prefer staying within their shops to be safe and help out by just making things for the guild. Just depending on how they would wish to operate and help out to the best of their abilities. I glance towards the sky to try and get an idea for how late it is, and using my memory to see how far away the Cerberus caves are from where we are located at.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2/3

"Honestly, no idea. I spend a lot of time roaming the first floor and helping those in need, and most, if not all of those, i offer the chance to join if they so wish it. Other than that, the others in my guild recommend it and i get contacted by them asking if they could join" He replies to her about that, having no honest idea about why he had so many people. 

"I may have numbers, but not strength. The highest leveled member in my guild is around the forty mark, and then theirs two in the 30's, two in the twenties, but other than that, everyone is below the fifteen mark, so were not that strong a guild" He said, a little sigh afterwards. He knew he made it to defend others, and he was doing exactly that, but he just wished he had more people strong enough to help him protect all the others... Though a few of them were catching up to his own level, to keep the standard he had to speed himself up... and get stronger quickly.

Well if you need some help making sure your guild can stay protected Stryder you can as i said meet up with my guild Leader Jomei and ask for some kind of alliance deal thing. The HDA is kinda big too with some people in the 30's and 20's, but then we have people like me and Jomei who are in the higher ranges and easily able to participate in Boss raids with very little fear of dying. I say to you just offering to try and be helpful knowing that protecting might not be the easiest thing ever when it came to a guild's safety. Especially when it is possible not a single member has a tank within the guild while the HDA has at the very least myself and Spencer helping each other survive. 'Even if Spencer is taking his time and doing leveling at a relaxed pace.' i think to myself with  a nod of my head as we continue walking towards the cave of the Fire Guardian Cerberus.

"I might do that, soon. But i will need to talk to Eatos. She is a better negotiator then me, and honestly i would trust her more than me for professionalism" He replied, scratching the back of his head as a little bit of a disappointment in himself. He knew he could do better, but he just didn't know to much more. Sure, he had a well enough up bringing, but... He could always get better.

"Should we take a rest soon? I think we are nearly there, but best be fully rested for the upcoming fight" He said, already knowing she could probably solo it without any effort, but he wanted to make sure. Besides, it would give him more ime to get to know her. Another question then quickly flashed in his mind, something important he knew he needed to learn if he was going to join the front soon.

"Could you tell me how the frontlines work? Whats the raid like... I'm nearing the point i can join, but i want to know what its really like"

I nod my head at hearing the name as i think back to that christmas party trying to think of which one that was and then nods. Ohhh the girl with the tuxedo instead of a dress. I say with a nod of my head remembering that strange tidbit from the party as i then turn back to you. Yeah i'm sure that would be fine i would try to get into contact with my guild leader though he is a really nice guy that i am sure would love to meet people from others guilds. I say in a cheerful manner of voice as we start nearing the area as the temperatures get slightly hotter tell tale sign we are very close to our destination. I hear you question and nods my head. I don't mind resting if you need to do so Stryder. I say with a nod of my head as i sit down on the ground soon after saying that as i turn to you and nods my head at hearing the rather good question. Well the frontlines work in the way that there are three groups at the moment with the amount of players we have. Each being like five or six members each, and then we strike at the boss. With each group having a healer, a tank, and the rest being DPS at the moment. Though for the next boss raid i am planning to play tank, and healer at the same time since tanks don't really have to do much from what i had observed. I say with a nod of my head.

A tank, a healer, and the rest DPS.... Seems just like he had suspected. The frontlines seemed to be abundant with damage players. It made him consider becoming a martial artist healer, to make him a little more useful, but that would have to wait. He already had a plan to put into motion when it came to his gear, and skills. He knew what he was going to get, but maybe after he had gotten his current plan done, he could do that...

"Sounds about what i expected to be honest, but thanks for the info. I'l just have to make sure i'm prepared to support the other members of my squad..." He says to her, sighing a little before flopping onto the ground, hurting his back a little though not caring. He was tired, and they were close to the cave. The temperature had slowly been getting more and more intense... They had to be nearly there, its been three days of spending time with this guy, which was longer then he had ever done with a single person at one time...

At seeing you already getting ready to sleep i just nod my head and rests myself gently onto the ground and quickly goes to sleep trusting in my familiar's superior senses to know when to wake me up if a mob manages to get too close for my liking at all if they try to head over towards the two players to their death. But yeah Stryder i have to ask. What is going to be your secondary role? Everyone has a secondary so i am curious if you are going to go tank, support, or scout. I ask the melee fighter as i rest along the ground waiting to see if i will get a answer before i start drifting off to sleep fro ma die of some very good adventuring and such in killing off mobs alongside the player by my side. Rather curious how things are going to go when he joins the frontlines along with any guild members who could feel ready and up to the task. A small smile appearing on my face at the thought of the main guilds of Aincrad standing together against the next boss.

A secondary role? That was a hard one. He didn't have one in mind, so his mind started racing, thinking of the other skills that he could use to complement himself, and others, if there even was any.

I could become a healer, but issue is with the energy consumption of Martial Arts, its kind of hard to balance it, even at higher levels.... I have no intention of being a tank, at least not with the tank skills.... Maybe.... Scout? 

After a few minutes of thought, he finally responded to her, the silence being broken. "Probably a scout, but i think i'l focus on being a tracker. When i'm strong enough, i plan to protect everyone.... But i can't save anyone if i can't find them, can i?" He said, smiling at her with a bright smile. He knew it was his best bet, get something like the tracking skill, that way he could find, and smash, stuff a lot easier.

I nod my head in understanding of that before i close my eyes to focus upon sleeping and trying to get the sleep that i need and want to enjoy having before we wake up the next day for the fight with Cerberus. I look towards my familiar and cuddles up against him resting my head gently against his big and furry body to use like a pillow as my familiar wraps his wing around me and then quickly falls asleep. Myself quickly following suit falling into a very peaceful sleep as i steady my breathing and just rests wanting to get a good rest. Once i'm asleep i don't wake up till around 10 AM the next morning unless woken up earlier through mobs coming closer, or you waking me up earlier to get a move around. During either occasion i would wake up and slowly get up onto my feet and stretch my limbs out to try and get out any of the morning stiffness that can occur from sleeping upon the ground.

Sky watched as she fell asleep, cuddling into her familiar. He couldn't help but find it a bit cute the two of them cuddling up together, Silver, feeling a little jealous, quickly pushed herself into Sky's arms, not wanting to be left out, ending up in a warming hug. Sky couldn't help but shake his head, before closing his eyes, and arms, around his warm wolf, passing out asleep and going into his deep sleep, which after a long day's work, he feels like he earned it.

His sleep went on peacefully, waking up around nine due to over heating from Silver being cuddled up to him, waking up before Hestia did. He looked around, seemed they had lived the night. He opened his gear up, taking off everything except his pants and armor/weapons, immediately feeling himself cooling  down. When Hestia wakes up, Sky smiles at her, before saying "Todays the day right, we beat this fire dog?" 

I wake up shortly after you do from my make shift pillow of my familiar moving about to reacting to seeing you up and about.  i groan softly as i slowly raise up from the ground rubbing the tiredness from my eyes as i quickly take out a item from my inventory that is some water and downs it without any second of wasting to do so. I grin happily feeling the cold water refresh me from the hot environment as i then return it towards my inventory and gazes towards you. Yeah lets go beat up this fire dog. I say in agreement with a grin on my face as i then lead the rest of the way towards what would be a small little hill to climb that would reveal the mouth of a cave that looks like it is mainly fire and having a punch of just fire hounds outside of the cave as if on patrol for anybody that would be after the alpha of this little pack. The Cerberus like beast that resides within this cave of fire and lava.

It didn't take long before they got to the mouth of the cave, and when entering the area, he already felt the heat intensify, his health decreasing.. FROM NOTHING!!! Sky was a little worried, he had the survival skill, he was meant to be completely immune to these kind of effects, yet here he was, unable to actually prevent the damage he was taking. Sky didn't care, yet, to much. It was only a small amount, but if they took to long, he knew he would soon be taking bulk amounts of damage. When she said to beat up the fire dog, he grinned, pumping his fists together, before four of the patrolling hounds charged him. Sky didn't care, each one that came at him was smashed. As the first two came, Sky simply lifted his legs, smashing them on the heads one by one, knocking the two down. The next two he grabbed by the throats,  throwing them into the line. His leg glowed up yellow, and within a second it went through all the hounds, each one exploding into dust.

"How many more?"

Spoiler

[H:0] Stryder:  610/620 - Energy - 50/62 - 59 MIt - 3 EVA - 3 ACC

ID# 100550 results:

Craft: 1 = -10 DMG

[H:0] Hestia: 1105/1105   Energy:106/106  MIT:154  EVA:-1   ACC:1  Regen/Recovery: 1 slot  paralyze: 2 slots  Bleed: 2 slots  Thorns: 54 DMG

ID# 100542 results: 

Battle: 10 - Crit

ID# 100543 results:

Battle: 3+3=Hit

ID# 100544 results:

Battle: 6 - Hit

ID# 100545 results:

Battle: 8 - Hit

Tornado Kick - 6x15= 90 to each

6x17= 120 - Hound 1

Spoiler

--

<< Hell Hound >> 1

30 HP
Damage per Attack: 50
(MD 9 = 75 Damage || MD 10 = 100 Damage)
Mitigation: 0

ID# 100546 results:

MOB: 1 Miss

<< Hell Hound >> 2

30 HP

ID# 100547 results:

MOB: 8 - 3 - Miss

<< Hell Hound >> 3

30 HP

ID# 100548 results:

MOB: 7-3 = miss

<< Hell Hound >> 4

30 HP

ID# 100549 results:

MOB: 5 - Miss

I chuckle as i watch you go into the fight smacking already most of the hell hounds away with no effort at all. I just grin a bit and just watches seeing it happen with little to no effort showing that i wouldn't really need to do much effort when it comes down to fighting them, so with a shrug of my shoulders i just wait calmly to see Stryder kill the rest of these hounds by himself as i see two more charge towards the martial arts user to try and take a bite out of him. Nice striking Stryder. A couple more left of these hounds and you can then go on to fight the Cerberus that awaits us to kill him within the cave. Shouldn't be to much effort though. he is just as strong as these hell hounds honestly. I say towards you as i walk on over and taps you on the shoulder to use energize revitalizing your energy a good amount of what you used up within your attack to try and kill all of these mobs.

Action Taken: Energize

[H:0] Stryder:  610/620 - Energy - ?+8/62 - 59 MIt - 3 EVA - 3 ACC

[H:0] Hestia: 1105/1105   Energy: 96/106  MIT:154  EVA:-1   ACC:1  Regen/Recovery: 1 slot  paralyze: 2 slots  Bleed: 2 slots  Thorns: 54 DMG

Hell Hound 5: 30/30 MIT:0

Hell hound 6: 30/30 MIT: 0

The 'couple more' came at him quick, and hard. The first one was easy to doge, his foot flying right through it, through the second one was a different story. It bit right into his shoulder, the teeth tearing through his arm and leaving large red gashes. He couldn't help but bear through the pain, and right afterwards the heat from the area burned into the wound, catching alight and burning even more of his HP away. He quickly lashed out with his foot, smashing it into oblivion. He looked at his HP, it wasn't down to much... Which was less than he had expected to take...Though that had been ruthless, and it had hurt quite a lot. 

"How many left now?" He asks, rubbing his sore shoulder a little as the red marks fade back into his outfit, his clothing undamaged, and everything else fine. He was so glad that his gear didn't break on him this time... That would have been horrible.

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID# 100720 results:

Battle: 8 hit

ID# 100722 results:

Battle: 7 hit

Tornado Kick - 6x15=90 dmg to both

H:0] Stryder:  559/620 - Energy - 47/62 - 59 MIt - 3 EVA - 3 ACC

[H:0] Hestia: 1105/1105   Energy: 96/106  MIT:154  EVA:-1   ACC:1  Regen/Recovery: 1 slot  paralyze: 2 slots  Bleed: 2 slots  Thorns: 54 DMG

Hell Hound 5: 0/30 MIT:0

ID# 100724 results:

MOB: 2

Hell hound 6: 0/30 MIT: 0

ID# 100725 results:

MOB: 10 - Crit - 100 DMG to Stryder. 100-59=41

ID# 100723 results:

Craft: 4

I watch as the two hounds die after another strike with little effort once more as i nod my head with a grin at seeing that as i relax my stance knowing there shouldn't be anymore enemies coming if it follows the same logic that the quest had done when i did it along with my questing partner. At hearing your question i just shake my head no as i look towards the fire cave. The hounds are dead from my knowledge of last i had done this quest, but there is still the Cerberus left that needs to be killed as quickly as we can, so we can get out of this area to avoid this annoying burning that it likes to do even though it shouldn't be since i have survival. I say sounding ever so slightly annoyed that the damage is still happening even with having the skill that supposedly promises to protect players from such affects, but its failing to do so for whatever reason that is occurring.

Sky was glad that they were done with the hounds... They weren't strong, but they were just a brutal PAIN in the ass. Now, he just had to eal with some huge fire doggy, nothing he couldn't handle. This time around, when a flash of flame happened, he didn't feel it. His survival skill somehow kicking in for that one. He was glad about that, made his life easier. Sky goes into the cave, stupidly, and bravely, deciding to head in before the tank did, and he instantly regretted that. He walked out into the open cave, and without warning, three heads latched onto his body. One bit his arm, one bit his chest, and another bet his shoulder. Within a moment Sky screamed in pain, the fire burning, and he saw an ailment appear on his hud... The first Ailment he had ever suffered! (Other than a stun). He quickly reacted, his foot glowing blue as it flung out, going through and killing two of the heads. 

"ONE LEFT!"

Spoiler

H:0] Stryder:  319/620 - Energy - 36/62 - 59 MIt - 3 EVA - 3 ACC (30 DoT Next turn)

ID# 100727 results:

Battle: 8 Hit

ID# 100728 results:

Battle: 1 - Crit miss

ID# 100729 results:

Battle: 10 - Crit 

Tornado kick - 15x6 = 90. 90+15x2=120

[H:0] Hestia: 1105/1105   Energy: 96/106  MIT:154  EVA:-1   ACC:1  Regen/Recovery: 1 slot  paralyze: 2 slots  Bleed: 2 slots  Thorns: 54 DMG

ID# 100730 results:

Craft: 12 - No dmg (Finally)

Cerberus

Head 1 - 0/30

Head 2 - 30/30

Head 3 - 0/30

Damage per Attack: 80 + 10 Burn Damage next turn
Cerberus ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10
Each head attacks independently of one another. 
Thus, every hit you inflict the Cerberus will attack you three times.
The same roll ID can be used for each attack.

ID# 100731 results:

MOB: 9 - Crit - 80 DMG= Full Phase - 80x3=240 + 30 DoT next turn - Stryder

I watch as Stryder makes his way into the fire cave as i quickly follow behind him with a small grin on my face rather curious to see what occurs from him going to do so. I keep an eye as i watch around the area waiting for the three headed mosnter that is Cerberus to appear not having any fear about this fight knowing it is going to be rather easy with very little effort involved. As i see the beast arrive i go to activate howl, but instead sees Stryder move in and attack two of the heads killing them. However, it seemed the heads didn't go down without trying to enact some vengeance as i see Stryder's health bar drop by a rather significant amount as i quickly move over towards the DPS person as i put my hand agaisnt his shoulder activating first aid restoring his health by a rather small amount all things considered, but it will at least keep him alive. There you go Stryder. Keep yourself safe. I say towards the DPS.

H:0] Stryder:  443/620 - Energy - 36/62 - 59 MIt - 3 EVA - 3 ACC (30 DoT Next turn)

[H:0] Hestia: 1105/1105   Energy: 91/106  MIT:154  EVA:-1   ACC:1  Regen/Recovery: 1 slot  paralyze: 2 slots  Bleed: 2 slots  Thorns: 54 DMG

Cerberus

Head 1 - 0/30

Head 2 - 30/30

Head 3 - 0/30

Sky couldn't help but be insanely pissed off when Hestia walked up and healed him. It was very nice for her to do that, and he wasn't angry at her at all. No, his rage was at the bloody dog which had the tenacity to actually hurt him like that. While not many knew it, and he didn't know how much of an achievement it was for someone with his build, but he rarely took hits, and rarely took damage more than a quarter of his health. From that one attack, it had done over half his health. He was pissed off, and wasn't about to let this thing off. His fist lit up, sparkling blue energy as he dashed forwards, punching the last head of the dog, his fist throwing it right into a wall, shattering it into a thousand pieces.

"Thanks for the heal.... is that the quest done?"

H:0] Stryder:  413/620 - Energy - 20/62 - 59 MIt - 3 EVA - 3 ACC 

ID# 100734 results:

Craft: 7 no dmg

ID# 100732 results:

Battle: 3+3 = 6 hit. All Might = 15x15-225 aganst head 2

[H:0] Hestia: 1105/1105   Energy: 91/106  MIT:154  EVA:-1   ACC:1  Regen/Recovery: 1 slot  paralyze: 2 slots  Bleed: 2 slots  Thorns: 54 DMG

Cerberus

Head 1 - 0/30

Head 0 - -195/30 

ID# 100733 results:

MOB: 1

Head 3 - 0/30

I watch Stryder quickly strike down the Cerberus with just his bare hands once more killing it upon the spot as i just smile and nod my head glad that the quest went smoothly for the entirety of it as i unequip my armor and gear and appearing back in normal vanity type of clothing. Just a simple black shirt, and red shorts as i gaze towards the DPS who had basically done the entire quest for me as i give a small embarrassed chuckle. Sorry for not really helping out during the fight Stryder, but at the very least the Ceberus and quest now has ended which means you can go your own way if you wish. Though do keep in mind that i am a simple message away, and i will be there to help you out with the best of my abilities for anymore advanced quests. That or if you are endangered or just want a friend to talk to i would be there also you seem like a good person so you have my support in trying to make sure that you stay safe along with your guildmates. I say with a nod towards the DPS player.

Sky was extremely greatful she had come along with him. Sure, he had done most of it, but she had done it before, and she was a tank. Without her, he would have had a much rougher time getting here, and a MUCH rougher time trying to recover afterwards. Her single heal had already put him at a HP he was comfortable fighting at, and it was only one heal. He knew soon his own healer would be able to help that much, and when she could he might finally be able to help her get over her fear of the sword.

"Thanks Hestia, i appreciate it. If you ever need help with something yourself, your offer goes both ways. I might not be as strong as most of you guys, but i can try... And whenever you get that prison up and running, you can count on our guilds support" He said, grinning before waving goodbye, then running off with silver. He was glad he had met her, it had been a good experience. He had learnt a lot, and hell, it had saved him a lot of hassle. But most of all, he made a powerful friend, someone with a good heart, and someone he knew he could trust. That was rare these days... So it was nice.