[SP - F1] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free (Q1)>> Learning the Ropes and Helping Zakariah

Spoiler

Quest Objective
-Go fetch five (5) Tier one materials and give them to Zakariah.

(Go into the wild and gain materials though non-combat gathering and by rolling the LD, and linking it to a post. These materials are then given to the NPC)

-Help Zakariah in his workshop by crafting a Healing Potion.

(Roll the CD by linking it to a post.)1-3 fail, try again| 4-6 (Good Quality- Success)| 7-9(Rare Quality-Success)| 10-12(Perfect Quality-Success)
[Zackariah will give players materials until they roll a success, but the player is helping him, so he keeps the crafted potion(s).] [Zackariah is kind hearted, and will not berate the player should they fail, merely try to talk them through to process and help them]

-Zakariah asks you to deliver a package to Lyle Tealeaf, a local Blacksmith

-The Blacksmith, Lyle Tealeaf, thanks you and says he could use your help on another matter 

Susan Markington had just gotten done with her homework and had dinner. She then went up to her room and signed into SAO to start playing. As she put on the nervegear she laid on her bed and closed her eyes. As she opened her eyes she saw a log in screen and signed in with her id and password. As her information was confirmed she smiled to herself. "Link Start!" she said as she entered the virtual world. As Susan opened her eyes she saw a town and looked down at her feet. She had her clothes on and breathed a sigh of relief. "At least I'm not naked." she said to herself as she looked around before walking towards a small shop and entered it. Inside the shop she saw the owner with an exclamation point above their head. She approached the old man and said, "Hello. Do you need any help?" The shopkeeper replied, "Yes, My name is Zakariah. I need you to go fetch five Tier one materials and bring them back to me. When you return I will give you the second part to this fun quest. Good Luck!" Susan accepted the quest and smiled as she left the shop and walked towards the grassy fields to the West.

9325678.gif

16326535.gif

Link_Start.gif

Link to quest: Click me

word count 214

Edited by Susan Markington

Susan spotted a bush with some herbal materials on it and she began to search for the five Tier 1 materials. Success! She had found her first Tier 1 material and placed it into her inventory. She moved onto the next bush and she began to search for the same material again. As she searched she began to hum a song. "Searching for materials is super boring, but when I get them all I will make something fun..." As she continued to search she wondered how long it would take to find the five Tier 1 materials. She wanted to see if she could make any new friends to help her with the rest of the beginner quests. Susan heard a boar nearby and froze in place. As she heard the boar get killed by someone else, she continued the search for her second herb material. Will I ever find all five materials? How long will this take? she thought as she continued to search.

Spoiler

ID# 93212 results: Battle: 2; Craft: 2; Loot: 15; MOB: 10

seach result Success (Loot: 15)

word count 165

Susan spotted a second bush with some herbal materials on it and she began to search for the five Tier 1 materials. Failure! She had not found her second Tier 1 material. She moved onto the next bush and she began to search for the same herbal material again. As she searched she heard a boar squeal as it was killed nearby by another player. Damn boars.... she thought as she continued to search for her second Tier 1 material. As she searched the second bush she found a small nest with eggs in it. There are no birds in this game that I know of...Why is there a bird nest in this bush? Will the boars eat the bird eggs? Do the animals in this game even eat food?...I need to focus and find this stupid herb! Where is it? she thought as she rummaged through the bush once more.

Spoiler

ID# 93223 results: Battle: 3; Craft: 10; Loot: 10; MOB: 2

search result Failure (Loot: 10)

word count 151

Susan spotted a third bush with some herbal materials on it and she began to search for the four other Tier 1 materials. Failure! She had not found her second Tier 1 material. She moved onto the next bush and she began to search for the same herbal material again. As she searched the third bush she looked around to see if there were any boars around. Coast is clear...for now... she thought as she rummaged through the bush once more. She poked her finger on a thorn and ignoring the pain she continued to search for the herb. After five minutes of failed searching she moved onto a different bush. This time she looked carefully at the bush and saw nothing glittering, so she continued onto the next bush. The fifth bush she came across had a small glint in the middle of it. Susan ran towards the bush and began to search once more.

Spoiler

ID #93745; results: Battle: 1; Craft: 12; Loot: 7; MOB: 10

search result Failure! (Loot: 7)

word count 156