[PP-F10] Ban The Scream [Crozeph and Hestia] <<Wail of The Banshee>>

Crozeph nodded and stored every information inside his brain if he can "I get to see some evil emperor's here, that'll be nice" he replied "on the other hand we should do our best not to be considered as prisoners by the guards" Crozeph saw images or movies of monsters who had many limbs and hands "guards like those are not only a nuisance, I lose balance moving around too much that's why I took the katana skill..." Crozeph patted the hilt of his katana "as soon as I draw the blade I've already dealt massive damage, or instant kill if I ever get lucky enough" he added. The prison was still far and Crozeph knew that they needed to camp out soon or they'll tire themselves out "Tartarus is still far, as soon as we see someplace safe to sit we can camp or just rest, take turns on sleeping" he suggested "there might be dangerous monsters lurking here but unlike that floor five, these creatures know who they deal with" he tried to assure Hestia of any surprise attacks that are little in chances.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nods my head at that knowing that being seen as prisoners by the guards would be the worst thing possible since their could then be a massive mob killing then if they release all the prisoners from their personal hells that the jail cells could try to represent. Also don't try to worry about moving around to much since i will be trying to gain most of their attention on my own do to the howl skill i have. Most of their attacks will be focused upon me, and all these enemies should do is just get hit by your attacks and hopefully end them within a single instance. I say nodding hoping for that insta killing attack also that could happen. I check the time and nods my head figuring that we had at least made some good time in relation to traveling towards this location. Yeah i guess you have a point Crozeph. I'll take the second half of the watch that way you can be awake enough during the fight with the banshee and monsters to hit accurately. I say as more of a fact rather then a suggestion.

"I'll always thank you for that" he replied to Hestia's reassuring tactic of attracting enemies. After almost a mile of walking. Crozeph found stone formations just a few feet away from them. It was not enough to protect them but it is enough to guard them from whoever dares to attack them. Crozeph walked towards it and began to pick up rocks to build a makeshift furnace. "I get some twigs lying around here, trees aren't the luckiest plants here but there's bushes that can last a few hours" he told Hestia. There were a couple of bushes nearby and Crozeph chopped them off long enough to create a bonfire. Here turned to the place where they would at least spend the next few hours and used his katana to create a spark that can start a fire. It worked really slow he eventually managed. Crozeph then opened his inventory and pulled out his old coat, the Death Crow which he earned as a loot "you can have this for resting, its effective against cold,  damp places. Now this fire can keep itself lit for let's say two hours which is enough for resting" he told her.

I just nod my head with a smile at your appreciation not seeing it as warranted, but the appreciation for the work one does is always rather nice since that means the other acknowledges they need the help. That the other person wasn't a hassle to them, and that they don't have some arrogance to them that makes them think the deserve that help for one reason or the other. After a mile of walking i smile a bit as we start making camp as i happily sit down at the little fire you are able to make watching with clear interest and seemingly very impressed as you manage to do this with just your knowledge. This is really impressive Crozeph where did you learn to make a camp like this? I ask out of curiosity as i see you take out a coat and hands it to me as i nod my head not minding at all the little extra protection from just being uncomfortable. Not being at all bothered by the temperature or such do to the survival skill. so then am i taking the first watch or are you? I ask the player just to make sure the plan is understood.

Hearing Hestia's comment of how Crozeph managed to make the place warm was something he didn't expect "school retreats, since most of my classmates just wanted to get into a relationship while in camp they never bothered learning this. I did, and it came in handy but not for them." He told Hestia "at least they had the decency of asking me if they can join the fire, I just didn't expect that watching videos about making campfire would work" he added. Crozeph wanted to take the second watch, Hestia is much more exposed to danger if she can't defend due to lack of rest "you sleep first, I can manage having less sleep, I still have the effects of the consumables that I have eaten" he mentioned the items that he ate earlier "I'm sure it'll be fast, we'll be travelling later and Kuro is able to react if someone approaches, right?" he wanted to steer clear of trouble until they get to Tartarus, he and Kuro can react to any danger approaching so they can have the sleeping part later.

I nod my head in understanding as it would make some sense. Going on retreats during schools would teach that sort of skill for survival. I then chuckle a tiny bit at the video part as that makes more sense actually. Well either way Crozeph at least you managed to put that skill to use. I say with a smile as i relax enjoying the warmth of the virtual fire that still slightly marvels me of how real everything is. I then hear you wanting to take the first watch and i frown slightly, but i figure that it makes sense in some mind at the minimum. Fine Crozeph i'll get my rest first. I say a bit reluctantly, but it's better to get it over with so that the time that could be used for rest isn't spent on arguing over who gets first watch. With that i lay down and begin to rest in a nice and peaceful sleep as Kuro lays beside me using his senses to keep watch of the surroundings that they will allow him to.

As Hestia drifted to sleep after Crozeph has set up their makeshift campsite, Crozeph unstrapped his katana and rested it on his shoulder. If he was quick enough to bash anyone.with his katana sheathe then all will be fine. Hestia and her familiar seem to have a nice time sleeping even with the uneven surface of their location. Crozeph closed his eyes and let his ears do the watching. His senses are quite heightened as the place slowly turn into a place of deafeaning silence. Monsters lurk around, they do seem to recognize who Crozeph is. They tried to move close but turned back as soon as he moved his head with his eyes closed. Crozeph tapped his fingers on the sheathe of his katana, the sounds his fingers making is enough also to threaten the moving creatures, they'll be fine for the rest of the hours.

Eventually i wake up with a small yawn as i slowly sit up from my position as i immediately use my hand to fix my hair as much as possible to keep it looking from an absolute mess. I turn to see you with your eyes drumming your fingers along your blade as i nod my head at least seeing that you're awake as i nudge my familiar who slowly wakes up and gives me a small look as i return the same look. With that he slowly gets up onto all fours as i pet him and hugs him with a smile on my face as i do so. After that i then turn to you. Your turn to sleep Crozpeh you need your rest also. I tell you as i get into a position where i can get a good look around at where everything is alongside my familiar who can fill in the blind spots within my vision to make sure that he two of us stay safe while you rest, and get to you within a second if we need you to wake up to help us fight off any monsters that could show up.

Crozeph slowly opened his eyes, the tension around him subsiding as his friend's voice was heard "looks like you have enough rest, that we can proceed later after I wake up" he answered as he positioned himself to lying down.He has already done his part on their camping area but he doubts that he'll be able to rest soundly with this kind of area. Crozeph was always wary of his surroundings whenever he is on Floor 10. It was one of places that he didn't trust when it comes to hostility from the mobs, not one second. "We can't visit a certain river here but that place sure is nice" he told Hestia "I think it was named Styx River, monster come out of the river whenever they feel the presence of other players" he added. Crozeph once fought monster of different kinds near he river, mostly decayed being. "We can go there sometime but for now I'll rest a bit then we try to reach the Banshee as fast as we can" he told her before closing his eyes.

I nod my head at that in understanding, and grins rather excitedly hearing their is a river of styx on this floor. However, at hearing that only monsters come out of it i pout for a second before nodding my head in defeat knowing that is the only proper way of doing it. Yeah i guess that makes sense since a game can't delete out memories or something like that.like the original river of Styx does. I say nodding my head as i keep my guard up around this area since their hasn't been a sample of a monster for me to know this floor's actual strength. I watch as you close your eyes for sleep as i then nod to my familiar who immediately keeps an eye on my blind spots as i watch the rest of this area not wanting to allow a single monster to get past my eyesight. Until you wake up i just watch as i see some undead creatures, or such roaming around aimlessly seemingly keeping away from the two of us for one reason or the other.

It seemed like hours had passed and Crozeph was still in his place. He had slept for a few minutes but it seems the patter of the feet of the monsters didn't help him to get to a full sleep. All of a sudden a loud noise echoed before them. Crozeph opened his eyes and stood up quickly but silently. He kept his left hand on the hilt of his katana and looked far ahead. "We are nearer than we thought" he told her. Crozeph sat down and shook his head in amusement "the banshee sure is a noisy one" he muttered. The monster around them scurried away after hearing the loud sound. It was a scream mixed with a screeching noise that it annoys Crozeph "Kuro might get shocked by loud noises, best the familiar's ready"  he uttered as he gazed far ahead "soon we'll enter that prison, the fun begins from there" he turned his head to his friend with a smile before standing up and tightening his armor and sword "we've rested enough, I know we can take on that crazy woman" he told her.

At the sound of the loud screeching noise that is reminiscent for myself like nails against a chalkboard causes me to cringe ever so slightly as i look in the direction of the loud sound. Only seeing the prison within the distance i hear a shifting of the ground as i look over towards you and sees you awake. 'Well at the very least it means we're a step closer towards the quests completion. The downside i can only hope he got enough sleep to be ready instead of dead on his feet.' I think to myself with a nod as i get up off the ground and looks towards my familiar as i nod my head to him. Kuro getting the hint gets up also having been slightly dazed from the loud screech of earlier, but is back in action now. Let's get going Crozeph the sooner we get to this place the sooner we can see if their are actual guards to the prison that is Tartarus. I say rather excitedly wondering what resides in the prison, and what kind of guards are in this prison if any. I then start to walk towards the prison with sword ans shield in hand ready to defend myself at the slightest inclination of danger.

• 2 weeks later...

Crozeph took out the pill that he identified earlier. "This pill seemed to be more than what I'll be able to handle, let's just hope that I'll be fine" he swallowed the pill and took a  a look at Hestia "so far so goo..." Crozeph suddenly felt a burning feeling inside him. "Yeah this pill makes me want to lash out on monsters" he told Hestia coughing with a grin on his face. Crozeph cleared his throat but the raging feeling inside continued "feels a little dangerous but I think I'll be fine" he told her "my health bar didn't drop yet right?" he asked her. Crozeph and Hestia began making their way to the prison, aiming to complete the quest and make themselves much more stronger. Crozeph's eyes started turning red, and red veins appeared on his arms "weird pill, but I feel much more stronger" he muttered as he walked towards the prison gates. Howls emanated on the entrance and clanging and banging followed "they're welcoming us! how nice" he uttered followed by a cough and a glare with his now red eyes.

I chuckle a little bit at your words after taking the bill. You look fineish just a bit more red is all. I say with a small chuckle unable to say it any other way as i watch the veins appear and your eyes go red. As we start arriving towards the prison i see that their is no guards at all  protecting the prison as i can only nod at seeing that. I look over the general structure of the prison as it seems to be having cracks along the walls, and is slowly falling in on itself from the looks of it. At the very least it looks like it should be doing so, but the game is making sure the infrastructure is staying stable fully.  Then the sounds of the claws and banging is heard as i grin a bit wondering what lies inside that would be worthy of being the area in Greek myth to hold the worst of the sinners, or supposedly if Crozeph is correct where fallen angels reside. I just smile in pure excitement to see if the game most likely combined the two concepts together. well lets get going Crozeph the quest waits for nobody. I say as i start to head into the prison.

• 1 month later...

"This. Place. Is awful." Telrenya grumbled to herself. She had been wandering inside of the ever-shifting landscapes of Tartarus for half an hour now, still empty-handed in regards to finding the lair of the banshee that the old woman she had spoken to instructed her to search for. She was only thankful that the number of monsters and other traps she had encountered in the run-down prison of the tenth floor were minimal. Though, that was not to say the ones that she had weren't more treacherous than she had expected. Not to mention rather annoying.

Telrenya caught sight of her avatar's arm glowing a soft, pulsating blue as her gloved hand trailed along the side of the passageway she walked down. The girl scoffed lightly, "Well, do you have any better ideas?" Her mouth turned down into a pout behind the silvered mask she wore. Telrenya was speaking to the ethereal familiar that hid itself away 'inside' of her, as per usual. "Couldn't you like, go through the walls and scout around for me? Oh, wait a second,"

Something grabbed the girl's attention away from her complaints, and she jogged over to a thin metal level sticking out from the side of the wall in between a pair of abandoned jail cells. Without much thought, she pulled down on the handle, fingers mentally crossed as she hoped for it to reveal what she had been looking for--or at least maybe something nice to make al of her time spent more worth it. Instead, she let out a short scream as the stone floor of the labyrinth's second floor crumbled beneath her feet. She hit the smoothed smooth stone, her curled body continuing down the pitch-black, slide-like tunnel while her arms hovered instictively over her face. Moments later, she was falling again as the tunnel reached its end. Telrenya had essentially been evicted from Tartarus, crashing into a heavily-armored player just as soon as Hestia was about to enter herself. "Ugh... I take it back, it's absolutely the worst." She grumbled underneath her breath before she had realized what--or rather, whom--she had landed on top of.

"O-oh gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" She momentarily forgot about her discomfort as she worked to pick herself up off of the other player.

ID#: 98030 | LD: 7 - nothing

I sigh softly as i go to enter the building and then glances around not seeing crozeph all of a sudden as my brow furrows ever so slightly as i look around the area. Umm Crozpeh! Are you here! Where are you! I call out throughout the area wondering where that crow like man went as i look throughout all of the tenth floor area where i am wondering where the man went. I look towards the ground feeling ever so alone now as i glance towards my familiar.besides feeling utterly alone i feel scared and worried for the man that has helped me a little bit, and worried because he is another human being. Every human being deserving worry and such except those that kill since. So then...seems like we're doing this alone Kuro. I say softly and sadly as i go to enter the prison. Ignoring the tears falling from my eyes at being in such a situation. I can only hope someone can just fall out of the sky to help me. I know i can't do this by myself, but i didn't walk this far to not go into this prison. I say softly as i am about to take my first steps until i get knocked over onto my back with a groan out of reflex. having not expected to be knocked over by anything in my attempt to just enter the building.

When i am able to refocus on my surrounding i turn to see some masked figure figure as i blink a little bit.Quickly wiping my tears away i go to speak. Ohh hey Erin. I say as i look at the masked person once more as i slowly get back up as i look at her, and then back towards the prison. Sooo do you just have a penchant for bad luck, or some kind of death wish? It seems like we always meet when you're falling, or putting yourself into danger. I say towards the masked feminine figure with a grin on my face. Able to tell the gender from the voice that is speaking as i look towards her. It has been a little bit since we last saw each other, and a little bit since i have even gained some levels during my time since then. I say rather happily. oh yeah! I'm doing alright by the way, and you showed up at the perfect time. Somehow my partner disappeared..but yeah umm i need some help on this quest now. I am suppose to kill a banshee, but well i am a tank not a DPS i need some help. I say as i look towards Erin.

@Telrenya

Telrenya was about to remove the silvered mask from her face, half in an attempt to allow her to more easily catch her breath, and half to fully express the concern she felt for the player she had quite literally knocked to the ground. But as soon as she registered the woman in front of her as her own guildmate, Hestia, she froze for a second, silently asking herself why she kept having to run into the few people she didn't want to be around when she was out training on her own. "O-oh, Hestia... Yeah, good to see you again." She offered a partially-absent greeting while straightening back up. A hand found the nape of her neck in a nervous gesture as she was confronted about the safety of her actions, although a quick recollection of her time thus far in Tartarus had her a bit on the defensive.

"Well, honestly it hasn't been too exciting in there... Just confusing, and easy to get lost, but the monsters haven't been an issue." She shrugged lightly, hoping to instill at least a fraction of confidence towards herself in the raven-haired tank. At the mention of Hestia going it alone herself, though not much by choice, Telrenya's brows rose in concern behind her mask. "Oh... Of course! I'm not too sure what the boss in here is going to be like, so I'm happy to work together to take it down." Her tone carried the smile that she wore, and she placed a hand to rest on the pommel of her rapier at her hip. "So, shall we?"

ID#: 98285 | LD: 5 - nothing

I smile very happily at hearing that you're willing to go with me into the prison as i nod my head rather cheerfully also at the prospect of being able to enter this dungeon alongside you. SO then Erin why do you do things solo? Is it just your style of wanting to do questing, or something else? I ask the girl in some curiosity not really going to judge her if she says it is just her way of doing questing. Not being able to judge that method all that much since i had done the very same when it came to the first four floor, and how i could just kill every enemy that i came across with just my thorns and well timed luck. So i can only imagine the same could apply for every DPS just with the fact if they're not careful they could possibly die, but come back from that by trying to out damage the opponent which i can imagine isn't that difficult.  And yeah lets go inside, and kill some things...well more like rekill them. I say in a joking tone of voice as i then go to enter the prison being rather careful with every single step now. Keeping in mind this place is possibly trapped for any and all players who would enter apparently, and that is still not even taking into account the possible monsters that could be roaming to protect tartarus. My mind still racing with some excitement at finding either a angelic like being, or a greek myth that is in the real tartarus within the stories.

#98286 LD:10 (banshee lair not found.)

Turning to walk alongside Hestia, Telrenya let out a curious hum at her question. "Oh, well... I don't always do everything by myself." She prefaced her answer with a small disclaimer and a shrug. "Although I don't really have a 'questing partner'... I've been meeting some people along the way, teaming up sometimes. It's a little nervous at times, but it's turned out well so far." She said with a small chuckle and a hint of optimism. "But...hmm..." She seemed to fall into deeper thought for a few moments as they entered the ever-changing labyrinth that was the fail of the undead.

"I suppose it's a little bit of pride, and a little bit of stubbornness." She admitted with falling shoulders. Her free hand ran along the stone bricks beside her as she walked, and after a few turns in the first handful of corridors Telrenya had already lost track of the similarities from her last entrance into the building. "Man, this place really does change..." She muttered under her breath. A few minutes of wandering later, and the woman perked when something in the distance caught her eye. "Oh, what's this?" She approached cautiously, stopped at the end of another corridor before turning to Hestia. A single, softly-glowing run was etched into the stone wall before them, and Telreyna turned to the woman at her side. "A clue?"

@Hestia

ID#: 98287 | LD: 15 - Found <<Banshee's Lair>>

I nod my head at your words in understanding as i look towards the girl. I mean while you don't have a questing partner per say per say. You could always ask me for help anytime that you felt like it Erin. I would happily help you out since we are guildmates, and it is right for guildmates to try and bond together you know? Try to get to know one another to become like a family. I say with a happy smile as we traverse the prison as i notice the structure seems to change ever so slightly, or is it possibly just our perception of the prison is somehow always changing? Making us think the layout changes enough to go onto a path that was their earlier, but just hidden out of view. The game having the potential for anything and everything including illusions as far as i am concerned.

When i hear you reasoning i nod my head ever so slightly, but pats the girl on back gently. While it can be considered pride and stubborness you should let that go before you face the consequences of trying to do things on your own. Trust me i learned that the hard way. I say in a very serious manner towards the girl. Remembering very clearly being stabbed over and over by the gemini, and almost killed in less then 30 seconds. When you find the ruin i look to it rather curious and looks at the glowing ruin like thing as i try to read it as i curiously just tap it. Hoping that the usual TV logic of if you hit the glowing suspicious thing something will happen will actually work. That if it is greek then i could just read what it says and figure out what it is trying to tell us. Possibly a clue. I say with a nod of my head.