[PP-F4] The Abominable Strange Ice Thing << Avalanche>> (Jomei)

Spencer sighed for a moment, he didn't really have much that he could do at the moment. He decided to walk around the fourth floor, the snow always made him smile. He was wearing his new fur cloak that Jomei got him, and the little penguin chain was attached to his umbrella, decked out in his christmas gifts. He leaned against a wall and twirled his umbrella slowly, the snow falling off to make small piles on the ground, before dissipating into the ground. "I'M BORED." He whisper-yelled to himself. He had no idea what to do, he had already hung out with Ruby earlier, so he was wondering what to do. He was tempted to do the next quest in the lessons quests, but he couldn't make himself do it, not yet anyways. He began to scroll through his friends list, and decided that he was finally going to ask Jomei to hang out, it's nothing against the man, it just seemed most of his time he was with Telrenya, cuddling and be cute and stuff. Might as well try, the worst he could do is say he was busy and that would be all. Might as well ask him.

Dear Jomei,

Hey! Would you possibly want to do a quest together? I've been meaning to do Avalanche for a while, and I might as well get it done, but I'm only barely above the level requirement and I'm slightly worried that it could be too strong for me, would you mind helping me out?
Sincerely ~ Spencer

@Jomei

With his feet propped up on his desk, Jomei leaned back in his desk chair. As he tossed an empty recording crystal into the air, he would watch it near the ceiling, before dropping back down into his hand. He would repeat this over and over, just thinking of something to do. Now that Telrenya had finally gotten her shop up and going, she had been busy trying to make trinkets to sell, or for people she owed them to. The man considered having another workshop built in his home so the girl did not need to travel down to the Third Floor to do her crafting and selling, yet he figured it would be good to get out of the house. Spending every waking moment together in this house would eventually make them sick of each other, and that was something he did not want. 

Jomei's simple game of catch was interrupted by a small icon that looked like a letter popping up in front of him. With a curious expression on his face, the man let his chair fall flat on all four legs before tapping on the icon to open the message. Reading over the contents, he saw it was from Spencer, asking if he would like to hang out and help him with a quest on the Fourth Floor. Jomei smiled, for the two did not truly have a chance to spend time together outside of guild activities. Creating a quick reply, basically telling him that he would be there shortly, Jomei sprung to his feet and equipped the HDA engraved chest plate with the long green overcoat. Knowing he would be spending time on the snow covered fourth floor, Jomei pulled the sleeves of the coat down before equipping his well known green cloak over it. Lastly, the man summoned Oathkeeper to his side, the small pendant of a harp Spencer had given to him dangling from the pommel of the rapier. Lastly, Jomei looked to the corner of his room, where Adere sat, scarf around her neck, watching Jomei get ready. The man chuckled, "Looks like you're already set for the Fourth Floor...Come on girl." The owl swooped from her perch onto Jomei's shoulder.

It did not take long for the man to make his way to the warp ring in the center of town. Stepping onto the platform, the man closed his eyes "Warp, Snowfrost." A second later, the man felt a flake of snow land upon his nose, melting moments later. Opening his eyes, he saw the familiar town of Snowfrost, covered in a thick white blanket of snow. Olive eyes searching his surroundings, he soon saw Spencer standing off to the side, his signature pink umbrella keeping the snow from wetting his clothing. "Hey Spencer, how are you doing?"

Spencer was watching the snow start to fall as Jomei warped to the fourth floor near him. Spencer heard the ginger man call out to him, and he turned with a small smile. "Hey Jomei! I've been good, how about yourself?" He asked and looked at the man. He saw that he had the harp pendant dangling off of his sword, and he smiled a bit. He adjusted his fur cloak and looked at him. "Also thank you for coming to help me with this, just a tad worried that I might not be able to take this on by myself." He smiled and shrugged a bit, opening his HUD screen to look at the quest.

"Now, I'm not sure if you have done this quest before, but it's repeatable and you get an item from it, so I mean hey! We each get an item from it and we get some experience from it, more for me of course." He laugh and saw Jomei's owl, and he smiled. "Well hey there cute guy." He laughed and looked at the owl with a scarf on, one of the cutest familiars he has seen in this game. "Also, I'm not the best at directions, so I apologise if we get lost or it takes us a bit to get there." He laughed and blushed a bit at his apology.

@Jomei

As Spencer turned around and greeted Jomei, the ginger responded with a grin and a small wave. "Can't complain, just trying to get back into the swing of things now that the Holidays are over." After the brief introduction, Spencer had thanked Jomei for coming to help him with the quest. The Irishman stepped forward, placing a confident hand on the man's shoulder, "Of course. You know I'm always around to help. I've also run the quest a few times, so I know the way." The man looked to Adere on his shoulder with a smile, before turning back to Spencer. "Oh yeah, this is Adere. She's been my companion here for awhile now." the man chuckled once more before taking a couple steps away from the wall that Spencer stood against. "Alright, the mountain that I've always found Avalanche on is a bit East from here... Usually theres a storm thats always hitting the base of the mountain, so just get ready for the cold. You ready?" 

Spencer smiled and nodded in agreement with what Jomei had said about getting back into the swing of things after the holidays ended. He had already hung out with Ruby, and met their newest member of the guild... Erin. He wasn't the newest, but newest to him. What was his deal anyways, hitting on Tel... winking at me, he is an odd fellow, I wonder if Jomei has met him before, he probably would have considering he is the leader of the guild. Spencer looked around the floor when Jomei talked about there being a snow storm far up the mountain, and Spencer saw a circle of dark clouds on a mountain in the distance, which made him shiver a little bit. "Yeah I'm ready. Someone gave my a nice fur cloak for christmas so I'm a lot warmer now." He laughed and began to walk, then turned his head to Jomei. "Have you met Erin before? The one in the guild.... what's up with Erin."

@Jomei

Jomei bore a toothy grin as Spencer made a comment about the fur-lined cloak he had given him for Christmas. "I'm happy to see you're putting it to good use." he said with a small chuckle. "I considered getting one for myself, but the cold does not really bother me much anymore with the Survival skill." Stepping in front of Spencer, Jomei led the man through the streets of Snowfrost, passing all of the warm looking buildings. Despite not actually feeling the cold, the thought of not being inside one of the cozy taverns and walking into what was essentially a blizzard sent a chill throughout his bones. 

As the two crossed the invisible line that separated the safe vicinity of Snowfrost and the wilds around it, Jomei found his wrist resting upon the pommel of his rapier. The main roads, from most settlements at least, were clear of mobs due to players constantly traversing them and clearing the way for future parties to pass through. Jomei's mind was mainly on remembering the exact path from the main road, until Spencer spoke up, asking about a certain mysterious member of their guild. Jomei looked over to look at Spencer.  "Erin? Yeah, we have met a few times.. did a couple of quests together.." Jomei knew there was something strange up with the girl.. she seemed quiet and reserved, so missing out on meetings and guild events seemed normal. But to end up using a girl for her body and dumping her? It did not seem like the masked warrior he had been running the Dragon Hunter quest with. "A bit mysterious if you ask me.. I can't really get a good read on their personality... Why do you ask?"

"The survival skill? Yeah I haven't gone for that yet, maybe I'll get around to doing that quest when I have more time to do it, and have more motivation for it all." He laughed a bit at that comment. He yawned a bit and twirled his umbrella bit, the snow falling off on to the snow.  While the two of them slowly started to the leave the main city, it felt like the cold was encroaching on the two even more than it was before. Here we go, I know we wont die on this, definitely, but still little nervous to be honest. He shrugged a bit to himself and started to walk some more.

Jomei started to talk about Erin, and Spencer listened. His confrontation with Erin was..... Was something. He thought Telrenya was cheating on Jomei with Erin, but the situation was completely different than he ever expected. But he decided to not bring that up to Jomei, because Telrenya basically begged him not to say anything. "The only reason I ask is because I met them and they are kind of weird, and I couldn't get a read on them. Seems like kind of a player to be honest, I saw a girl running out of the bar because of Erin, I didn't think people with that personality could get people. Such a douche."

Jomei nodded his head in agreement, "Yeah.. I have not been able to learn much about her. I've been trying to learn pieces of what I can.. but she has a pretty thick wall up about the girl under the mask."  The man placed a hand on his chin, "I wonder if that's the same woman I met the other day.. crying over Erin as well." All the suspicions the man had about Erin seemed to bubble up again-- why did he peace the name Erin with someone else? Before he had met the masked girl. And there was a presence about her that just seemed... familiar. There was even something about the voice.. yet he just could not place his finger on it. Jomei shrugged his shoulders, "I've just learned to accept it for now.. Erin does not seem to have any malicious intent to why she's acting so mysteriously and hiding her face.. Possibly just trying to get away from someone, or maybe she's shy and just feels more comfortable wearing the mask.. But I've respected her decisions for now.. as long as she does not test us or put any of us in danger."

Spencer was about to correct him when he said 'she' but he had to stop himself. Man this is going to be a little difficult to not correct him, here we go. He thought to himself grimly. Jomei was talking about him hiding his face with armor. Tel, at least she is smart about how she is going on about being Erin and parading around being someone else.... I hope I don't slip up. "But hey, at least we have another ginger in the guild, you aren't the only one." He laughed a bit, trying to take the stress off of him keeping the secret. He looked around for a moment and kept walking, the conversation was a little awkward for Spencer considering the fact that he wasn't trying to talk about Erin. "Question. Considering you and Telrenya are so close, are you guys going to live together? and are you guys already? Whenever you guys are together you seem to be connected at the hip, so just curious is all." He smiled a bit, happy for the two being so close.

"Hmm so Erin's a read head too.." Jomei said to himself, placing a hand on his chin in thought. His eyes blinked wide for a moment, before turning his head to look at Spencer. "W-wait.. you've seen her without her mask?" Had the sandy haired boy truly seen Erin without her mask? He wondered why it was such a large secret around Jomei.. Had anyone else seen her out of her mysterious armor to learn just who she truly was. The thought did not trouble Jomei before , since he had met characters who preferred to keep their identities a secret with a mask of some sort.. but now that other people had seen it.. why hide it from Jomei? Spencer's question seemed to take his thoughts off of the boy's answer to his own, causing a small blush to form on his cheeks. "H-Hey! We do have some time apart you know.." the man said, rubbing the nape of his neck with his free hand. "But.. to answer your question, yeah. We've been living together for a little while now. Maybe a month or two." The man chuckled and placed a hand on Spencer's shoulder, "I'm sure you've held strong feeling for someone before, but you'll know exactly how I feel about her when you find a girl of your own.. You know.." he leaned in a little closer to the man, a hooded gaze and grin as he spoke, ".. I saw you and Kimi talking a lot during the Christmas party.. And I think you're both close in age..."

Spencer froze. Jomei said something about him seeing her without her mask on and he quickly tried to come up with something. "I- uhh I saw a bit of her hair sticking out of the mask, she didn't take it off." His face lit up like a strawberry and he sighed a bit, looking around trying to make himself less uncomfortable. Oh god Oh god Oh god, don't screw this up Spencer, Telrenya will be PISSED at you. He sighed and forced himself to be less embarrassed and stressed.

His saving grace was that Jomei made a comment about the two of them not being around each other and she laughed. "I don't knooooooow, you two seem preeeeety clooooose.." He said in a teasing tone. He listened to Jomei for a moment, then he asked the man why he hadn't gone for Kimi.

His face remained blank, his mouth went to a straight line and he stared right at Jomei. "I'm gay Jomei." He says plainly and then motions to his umbrella. He closes it and motions to his stylish scarf. He moves his hands from that then he motions to his entire body. He then motions to his voice, even though he had a slight British accent some people could tell. He aggressively motioned to his entire body, then he kept walking.

"Hm.." So turned out Spencer had not seen her without the mask.. merely just some hair sticking out past her mask. Jomei let out a small sigh, before noticing Spencer's bright red cheeks and the awkward atmosphere that surrounded them. After a moment, Jomei nodded his head, "Makes sense.. Sorry I keep pushing it." Moving on from the topic of Erin, Spencer continued to comment on Jomei's close relationship with. Jomei's own cheeks had a bit of pink to them, a warm smile formed on his lips as the thought of the blonde woman left a fluttering feeling in his chest. "Well.. yeah.. We are close." he said with a breathy chuckle. "I mean I.. I am in love with her and all." 

The man felt confident about the chemistry between Spencer and Kimi. He had been the one to bring her into the guild, and he kept her company for most of the time during the Christmas party. The two younger players truly seemed to click, but Jomei had not even considered what Spencer had told him next. Jomei's eyes blinked wide for a moment, before he shook his head, laughing to himself. "Gah, I'm sorry Spencer. I honestly had no idea." his shoulders shrugged, "In that case, I'll be on the lookout for a good guy for you." 

"You're fine, don't worry." Spencer sighed in his mind. I wonder what color Tel wears when she is Erin, also what color her hair is- OH CRAP WHAT IF IT ISN'T GINGER WHY DID I SAY GINGER. He screamed at himself in his mind that he might have let crucial information out. He sighed a bit and hoped that his mental freak out wasn't obvious, he kept himself together as much as possible. What helped take off the idea of him being uncomfortable or feeling weird is when Jomei made a comment about Spencer going after Kimi, and he proceeded to tell Jomei that he was gay. "You're fine! Really, only Ruby, Jevi, Ryo, and you know. I think Kimi knows though, she seems very intuitive." He laughed and smiled, Jomei was immediately okay with it which warmed his heart.

Spencer thought for a moment and sighed, he was happy that the two of them could hang out and be friends, him and Ruby were the two of the people in the guild he hadn't really had any interaction with one on one, he was happy that he could actually make more friends. Spencer shook the snow off his umbrella and looked at Jomei. "So, what's new with you? I of course saw you a few days ago, but just wondering what is up and all, I've hung out with Ruby, T-" He paused, "I mean I explored the second floor, and also finished another god d*mn quest that needed to be done." He laughed, "But, you are a pretty high level, there must not be nothing you can really do in terms of quests can you?"

Jomei took his hands from his pockets and slipped his arms past his shoulders, interlocking his fingers behind his neck and holding his hands there. Spencer had asked what Jomei was up to lately, and with the previous things he had done the past few days, including a small compliment about his higher level. Jomei let out a small chuckle, his grin shining with pride in his accomplishment of a higher level. "Surprisingly, theres still a couple of quests I still have to take.. All a bit higher level that I'm not sure I want to take on my own." Jomei let out a small sigh, "As for what I've been up to, I've mostly been working on the Dragon Hunter quest line with Erin.. I also helped out Kimi and Ruby with finding their familiars." He let out a small laugh, "Its actually been a pretty busy week for me so far. But of course I had a lot of down time with Tel in between.. and thats always nice." His warm smile spread a bit, "She ended up taming a familiar herself and she introduced me to them, so now we have a little ghost floating around the house." he said with a laugh. 

Spencer listened to what the man was saying about what he was doing. It sounded like Jomei really did have his plate full with what he was doing, but he was still trucking a long and it seemed like he wasn't really close to stopping. Spencer thought for a moment on familiars, it seemed most of the guild was starting to get them, he was really interested in getting one himself. "Awww! I can't wait to meet the new ones, I really need to get myself one, they seem great to have around, and genuinely would give me company if I'm bored and really have nothing to do. I want to get a penguin myself." He smiled and blushed a bit. He was realizing the intense level gap that was in the guild. Kimi is lower than him, but that could change at any time. Spencer was hoping that after his few adventures with some of his guild mates that maybe he will get a little stronger and be able to hold his own. He shivered a bit from the cold, it seemed like it was starting to get a lot stronger around the top of the mountain. "Feels like we are getting close now." He mumbled.

"I wouldn't suggest going to tame the familiar alone.. personally." Jomei said, turning his head to look at Spencer, "Not that its dangerous.. but it could take awhile, and could get lonely. I made that mistake, going on my own.. It was when I was a much lower level. I ended up camping out inside a hollowed out tree in the middle of the forest to avoid any other players finding me. So yeah, don't go on your own." he said with a sincere smile. "And I figured as much you'd want a penguin as your familiar. Suits you pretty well. I had a friend once that had a penguin for a familiar.. Hm.. I haven't seen him in a really long time actually." Jomei said with a small frown, rubbing at the nape of his neck. 

As the two continued up the mountain, the winds began to pick up, making their trek a bit tougher. Though Jomei was fine, he noticed that Adere was struggling to keep on his shoulder, her talons clenching into his shoulder tightly, trying to use the man's head to block the wind."I'm sorry Adere, we should hopefully be there soon." Jomei looked over his shoulder to Spencer, who seemed to be taking the cold a bit harshly, "You doing alright back there?" 

Spencer listened to Jomei and he was surprised to hear someone else had a penguin familiar before. He thought for a moment about it and couldn't remember hearing about anyone finding penguins before. "That's actually surprising, I haven't heard of anyone finding penguins before at all." He thought to himself again and he couldn't think of anyone. He heard about some of the higher levels in the game getting unique familiars, the names were kind of slipping his mind. He shrugged and kept walking, noticing the look on Jomei's face when he was brought up. "Were... Were you close to him at all?" He asked softly to Jomei.

Spencer nodded to Jomei a little bit as the cold was starting to get to him a little bit, but they were getting close. "Don't worry, us gays can handle the cold." He said and thought for a moment. "Why did I say that." He laughed and his red face turned more red from embarrassment. "Also, can I ask you something? What is going to happen with... the whole Death_Adder situation?" He cringed a bit at the mention of him.

Jomei let out a small sigh, one that was not very audible with the wintery winds that traveled down the mountain, whistling past them. “Sadly, we never had much of a chance.. he was once in a relationship with my friend Lowenthal, and he was a part of our guild. But the two of us never really had a chance to get to know eachoter before he disappeared.” The ginger shrugged his shoulders, “How its been with a lot of old friends really..” 

Jomei looked over at Spencer, his lips pulled into a smirk as the centers of his brows rose with a slight look of concern, “Is that so?” Jomei said with a chuckle, “Shouldn’t be too much longer.” After the two shared a small laugh, Spencer finally spoke up about a certain situation the guild had gone through. Jomei’s smile had faded for a moment before he finally spoke up, “I don’t know. I.. didn’t actually tell Telrenya but.. I saw him again.. he joined us at the boss fight.. taunted me with his presence and true power. But..” Jomei’s voice had picked up a bit, “Those swords he had, the ones e attacked me with. They were Unique Equipment that served as the source for most of his damage. Their durability ended up giving up towards the end of the fight.. so hopefully we won’t be seeing him again soon.”

Spencer perked up when he heard the name Lowenthal. When he was still a level one, the other low levels talked about the higher ups, and Lowenthal was someone they talked about a lot. He was a leader of a guild, a front liner, and quite the character. He was killed by someone during a dual. Spencer frowned a bit, he felt bad for Clarence, he was fading away. But he also felt bad for Jomei, his friends were slowly disappearing. He gripped his fists when Jomei talked about Death_Adder, how he was actually at the boss fight. He was about to get very mad, but when he heard that both of the man's swords broke, he laughed a bit. "Serves him right." He said with a mad look on his face.

Spencer was about to continue talking about all of that, but they were nearing the monster. The storm was at its worst, and a shadow was looming in the clouds and the snow in front of them. "I think that might be it." He mumbled and looked at Jomei. "You attack first or me? But I'm pretty sure that you could one shot it very easily soo." He laughed a bit and looked at the beast.

Jomei looked forward, his eyes straining to look through the thick snow fall. At the top of the path, Jomei saw the outline of a thick iceberg. As the two players continued closer, it began to rise from the ground. Two large arm-like appendages pushed out from its side, two piercing red eyes shining through the storm, staring at the players who dared to awake it from its slumber. The ginger chuckled as he reached across his body, pulling his rapier from its scabbard. "You know, its been awhile since I've fought this guy.." as Jomei came to a stop in front of the monster, it let out a loud roar that seemed to shake the mountains around it, "Let's see if he's still the pushover I remembered." he said to himself.

As Jomei prepared his attack, he thought about how he would always rush in to help others.. only to wipe the boss in a single hit. He imagined being in their shoes, asking for someone's help, to only have to stand on the side and do nothing. Moving from a stronger sword art, Jomei decided to activate a weaker sword art, Accel Stub. Running forward, Jomei jabbed his rapier three times into the chest of the Avalanche, causing it to stumble back, letting out a grunt in pain. "Spencer, switch!" Jomei shouted, "Give it all you've got!"

ID 94598
BD 5(+4 ACC) Hit | Accel Stub: 3x17=51 DMG
MD 7(-4) Miss

Jomei: 1070/1070 | 128/129

Spencer: NOOT NOOT

Avalanche: 49/100 | 40 DMG