[PP-F1]Helping Hand <<The first few lessons are free>>

What a nice day... Nova was looking up into the sky thinking how nice the wind feels ...in order to help others. I need to help me. She opened here menu looking for where the quest giver is supposed to be. Then she got an itch on her shoulder, behind an steel pauldron. She immediately regretted wearing heavy steel armor. She thought she needed to buy some clothes, some actual clothes. She approached the building her map said the quest giver was inside of. The quest giver is a man named Zacorath, or something along those lines. It says I'm supposed to gather stuff for him? Ok, seems simple enoughShe stood outside the building, knowing that she would have to leave the safety of the town to get what she needed.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Ben had been going back to town after another days of searching through the forest, when he spotted another new player in town.  She was standing outside the house where the first beginner quest started, looking hesitant.  Unlike his light set of clothing, she was wearing a large and heavy set of armor for protection and carrying a much heavier weapon.  Still... maybe she could use a hand.

"Hi there!  Um, Miss Novafire?" he asked while taking a look at the name above her icon. "You look a bit hesitant there.  Did you need a hand with this quest?  I've finished it up recently, so I should be able to give you a hand if you're a bit lost.  Oh, I'm Benjamin by the way"  He offered a warm smile along with an extended hand as he approached.

Ben really hoped that he was right about her being new and he wasn't accidentally insulting her.  It was still hard for him to tell whether or not someone was high level or not around here.  Still, it never hurt to offer company to someone.  These quests tended to go a lot quicker with more people than by themselves. 

She looked toward then new voice, it was a young man, with brown hair and a cyan checkered scarf. She's usually happy to meet new people, but currently, she just scared to leave. Please, call me Nova. She smiled then looked back at the old but maintained structure. She sighs. I-I just, I don't know if I can do it. I don't know if I can leave. I'm a little scared. What if something happens to me out there? What if I die? She looks back at the stranger, who thought she looked frightened. She looked at the ground in front of her. I don't think I can do this. She looked down, noticing that her legs snd abdomen weren't armored, they where just protected by tight stained black leather. How ever she thought, at least I'm wereing metal boots. She looked back up at the stranger. Sorry, I meant to ask, whats your name?

b6f997285038454432617525a8f82b97.thumb.jpg.40d7c4c6a748274ec233acae2d5a67fe.jpgThis is a picture of her in her armor.

"My name's Benjamin.  Just call me Ben though.  And, yea, that's going to be a risk when you go out those gates.  Nobody can tell you otherwise, but there's lots of other players out there right now, fighting on in spite of the risks.  We're all a team here, and I haven't seen another player yet who wouldn't stick their own neck out to protect each other." he said, putting a and on Nova's shoulder.  "I had help going out there myself the first time too.  So how about I come along for the first quest with you and watch your back?  I know this is just going to be a gathering quest, but having a second player with you should help get it done quicker and safer."

"Plus, you seem to have some pretty good armor already.  Didi you put your starting skills into heavy armor, or are you focusing on your sword skills?" he asked, trying to get her to focus on something more than worrying.

Im a tank. She looked back at ben. My job is to distract then enemy and absorb damage. Not to do heavy damage, thats for DPS players. Nova looked back toward the building, feeling better that someone would help her.  Well, I guess I'll go. She walked into the building, pauseing just underneath the door to gather herself. Sorry, I-Im a little nervous. She walk inside only to see and NPC man, he looked old and had a long white beard. He was currently mixing some potions for something. Is that him? Is that Zacorath? She looked over to Ben who kindly nodded in acknowledgement, she looked back at the NPCHello? She said trying to verify if it really was an NPCAh. I've been expecting you, I need you to gather some items for me. So I can teach you the basics.

Ben chuckled, she was very serious about being a tank, which was admirable.  "Well, even if you are a tank, having a few weapon skills isn't bad.  It gives you sword arts to help damage enemies as you grab their attention, and both stun them and hit multiple enemies at once.  Those area attacks are especially good for tanks to have."

Ben followed her into the workshop, seeing the same NPC as the last time he did this job.  The designers were probably going for helpful when they made him, but Ben always found him a bit condescending.  "Anyways, you don't have to be nervous.  These quests are designed with a really shallow learning curve.  You're more likely going to be bored than in any danger out there today.  I'll be there to accompany you, since I can't take the quest a second time, so you'll have help as well."

Go fetch some materials for me, after you gather the nessacary materials. I will show you how to craft a potion. She never knew how to craft potions, so, she usually bought them. She truely doesn't know how to make them. They left the old building. Thank you... She looked at the ground. For, helping me. She smiled. I'll meet you there, I need to buy some clothes first. She patted her armor. This leather starts to irritate you after a little bit. She scratches her arm. And you reassured me that there is little to no danger. She smiled agian. Thats for that, too! She turned around and began walking down the street. She trusted him to be in the forest when she got there. She notice a sign, that said "Tailor: The Hanger". Well, I guess this is wear I go.

Well, I guess people have different priorities Ben thought.  He'd never really gave too much thought to what he wore, though he also didn't use very heavy armor.  Maybe it was less comfy than he thought.  Either way, hopefully she would be happy with whatever she got.

"OK, I'll be in the forest when you're done.  I can't really start without ya, so I'll just hang out a bit.  If any of the things they have increase your loot die, they will come in handy for the next few quests.  Or when you need to find good drops from enemies." 

Ben opened up his HUD as she walked away, adding Novafire to his friends list so they could message each other while she was in the shop, and so she could find him easier.  It wouldn't do to have her not be able to find him in the woods again when she came back. 

Its taking a little longer then I've expected. Nova looked around the room, at all of the outfits while the shop owner, Hei, was taking measurements to craft her a custom outfit. She was worried, what if he walked away thinking she slipped out. Then she would be alone again. She didn't like to be alone. Don't worry. She looked at the shop owner. I'm almost finished. She let her worries slip away for a moment, then realized, she could message him. Is it ok if I move my arms? I need to message someone. Hei looked up and nodded. She smiled. Thanks. 

She began typing out a message, when she was finished, it read.

"Hi Ben!

Sorry I'm late, getting an outfit is a little harder the it looks. As an apology, I can grab a quick drink for the both of us! See you soon.

-Nova"

Ben had made his way to the forest he spent so much time searching for materials in last time.  Hopefully with the two of them it would go a lot quicker than last time.  His HUD gave a ding of a new message, as he saw Nova's text.  He smiled, a drink sounded good right now.  He opened up his text program and typed back "Sounds great!  I will be waiting where the materials we need are.  I can take you to my shop afterwards if there's anything else you need - I have some alchemy and healing potions that I make if you need them.  I know how distracting it can be to see how much is out there to buy."

And once again, Ben found himself in the woods by himself, about to go out and find a bunch of alchemy ingredients.  It seems like these gathering quests never end. 

Nova began wandering for a place to get a drink after getting new comfortable clothes.  She was happy, but she didn't forget Ben, she came across a cafe called Moonbux Coffee. She thought it was worth a try, she entered, but there was another player in front of her, one she had seen before. She went to the front counter and ordered some coffees, she needed to hurry. She decided to message Ben again:

Hello Again!

Im currently getting coffees at Moonbux coffee, hope you like it, I'm getting four in case I want more later. See you soon!

-Nova

She felt better, knowing he knew were she was. And that he was still there, waiting, I hope he likes the coffee.

Edited by Novafire

That's awesome- I've never tried them.  Actually, I've never really gotten to try coffee before.  Looking forward to trying it out ('v') By the way, do you know if the drinks there taste anything like in the real world? Ben wrote.  He thought about adding that his parents never let him have coffee because they thought it wasn't good for him, but it probably wasn't the best thing to start with. 

Actually, come to think of it, this was the furthest he'd ever be from their rules and regulations.  He was really on his own out here.  It was going to be a bit weird getting used to this he thought as he leaned back against one of the trees around here.  He double checked that he didn't accidentally grab the quest as well, since that would mean that they needed twice as many materials to be gathered.  It would be faster if we just needed the five that she had to grab. 

After eight minutes of running and checking her menu, Nova found Ben, waiting just inside the forest. Yay, your still here! I was afraid you'd leave me. I really do need your help with this, I'm frightened to do it all alone. She paused as she opened her menu. Here is those drinks, I have an Expresso for me, 3 "Coffee's of the Strong, and a Carrot Flavored Coffee. The best part is, I got it all for free!  Nova said with a smile followed by a laugh. I also got my new clothes, I think they look great for me. Nova added while looking at her new shirt, scarf, and skirt. So, what are we looking for exactly? She said looking up in the trees. Oh right, almost forgot, which coffee do you want?

935abfdf73080ca69e45971c0d809b3b.jpg.2833e127bedf3710be3b876ab2a9cd77.jpg

A picture of her in her new clothes... with her coffee.

Edited by Novafire

I'm not sure.  Like I said, never tried coffee before.  Why don't you pick something out?  I promise I'll probably enjoy it <('v')>  And thanks again!  You really didn't have to, I know how though it is to get col early on. 

Glad you got something more comfy to walk around the woods in.  It took a a while to find everything that was needed when I did this quest- you'd best be ready for a lot of scrounging around the bushes.  See you soon ! ('v')

Ben put down his HUD and waited.  She seemed really enthusiastic about starting.  Hopefully that energy would carry her through all the trials ahead.  She seemed like such a nice girl, and he wanted to make sure she got out of this whole crazy game in one piece.  He saw too many people's spirits get broken down so far, he wanted to help anyone he could avoid that fate. 

Over here dummy! Nova laughed. I wasn't a recorded message, I was talking to you from over here! Nova continued to laugh, then it slowly subsided. You need to put down your menu ever once and a while. She giggled a little.  Anyway, you get the "Strong" Coffee, it's not called that, but I thought the nickname sounded a bit, umm... Nova tilts her head while facing Ben as if trying to think. ...weird. A gust of wind hits Nova forcing her to hold down her skirt while her scarf whips around her face. She begins to look nervous. Is it always this windy here? Because that means if the wind blows, and I'm not paying attention... Her face blushes and she looks at the ground. Promise not to look, ok? She says in a somewhat serious voice. Ok then, lets get started! Nova says enthusiastically.

Ben almost jumped at Nova's voice when she got closer.  "Ah, sorry about that, yea.  I guess I kinda get my head stuck in the menu a bit.  Kinda how I got the nickname."  He gave her a smile as he took the coffee and carefully tried a sip.  "Ah, hot... but pretty good.  It'll give you the caffeine rush you need."  The breeze was giving him trouble with his own scarf too, though he was glad he didn't have to worry about skits and such.  "Don't worry, of course I'm not going to look.  That'd be just rude.  Just make sure you're careful when checking the bushes and such.  I mean... with your legs uncovered you could get scratched up, you know?  But, um, yes we should get started." he took another sip of the coffee she got him, feeling the heat start to warm him up.  He was glad he stopped by to offer to help.

"I'll be here to help look, but you have to start us off.  Do you know how to start searching an area for materials yet, or should I demonstrate?"

Nova giggled at Bens comment, Ben probably did get that name from getting stuck in his books, or anything with text in this case. Probably be best if you went first, because I have no Idea what I'm doing. She said with a smile. I think you need to have a loot 'skill' to find stuff, because it turns out, the carrot flavored coffee increases that by one. Do you want to take it or should I? Another breeze blew, this one not as strong, it moved her scarf a little and made her shiver, but that was it. Im going to have my Expresso to warm myself up. She said opening her menu to get to her coffee. 

Ben thought about it for a second.  The extra buff would help their search, but it would go pretty fast with both of them at once.  Plus the extra time with a new friend was fun. 

"Well, I don't think you need it quite yet.  This area of the woods allows you to find those quest items much easier than normally already.  Just warm yourself up and watch." Ben said as he headed to the first bunch of trees.  "The materials are usually found in trees or bushes like these, and your HUD will point them out once you look close enough.  It's just taking your time to look around each area until you get lucky."

Spoiler

-Used Perma Roller (at the bottom, to the left of the 'submit reply button'
-Added info for what I'm rolling for

Roll ID 93765
Loot die result - 7, failure

"And... nothing.  Well, that's how it goes.  We could increase our chances of finding things by either purchasing items that boost our searching skill, having temporary items like your coffee boost our abilities, or having skills that boost our search skill.  You can stack all three of those bonuses, but you can't just drink 10 coffees to supercharge the skill - same types of buffs don't stack."  Ben explained, a smile brightening his face as he talked.  He really loved explaining things, it seemed. 

I already assumed that. I played lots of games where that wasn't a thing. She pause to sip her expresso. Im definitely gonna go back to that cafe. Im still a little confused on how to find stuff thought. Example, how do you find "better tiers."  Another breeze, this time she had to hold her skirt down. She got nervous again.  And looked at Ben, who was looking just ahead of them. He didn't see that. Good. Also, do you find them anywhere? But safezones? And does were it is found dependent on what it is? If that is so, how do you get sandwichs from stuff you found on the floor? Also, how do-