(F2-PP) <<The Rusty Dagger>> Hikoru

Hidden watched as the dark haired man flung the dagger, having it sail over her head. She jerked her head down and glared at the man. "You have a death wish" The weapon dissapeared as it hit the wall and returned itself to Hikoru's inventory. He had a smug smile on his face as he asked his first question. Her ring. Her pale face reddened as she pulled the hand back into her sleeve. "You just know all the questions to ask don't ya" Her eye lids half shut as she looked to right away from Hikoru. "Its... a-a... engagement ring" She looked down, clearly embarrassed. As hard of a person as she was, she had let herself become soft around one person. Sey. Then she used a whiny voice to say, "And its not off my color scheme! Its Black, Silver, and White!" She gave a sigh of defeat. "Why does this sort of information interest you anyway? Do you have no life that you are forced to leech of others?" She now looked back to Hikoru with a glare like daggers. "Of course, you probably have no idea what love is like, do you?" She said her words confidently. A man like Hikoru would have never been dealt the cards of romance. He was too seclusive. 'But then what am I saying about myself?' she thought. 

@Hikoru

Hikoru awaited as the girl became flustered and admitted that he knew all the right question. He just smiled and listened as she admitted that it was an engagement ring. His smile widened as he gave a nod. "I had a feeling that's what it was." He said, then she whined that it did match her color scheme, and he just let out a laugh. "It was only to mess with you my dear, just messing with yo-" Then she said something harsh, and ice cold. He let her finish her two statements, then gave a small sigh, and turned sideways so that his leg rested on the seat and his right arm held up his body.

"I ask because I care about your well being... Your like the little sister I never had I suppose, your the only person i've offered that room to, nobody in my guild knows of its whereabouts, or even where i've been..." He shot her a glance. "You know me enough to realize i'm not very kind to people, so giving you access to my only safe place should mean something to you that I have some shed of decency to care about your state of being..." He then looked back towards the wall. "And I did know love... Until the woman I wanted to marry stabbed the man I called my mentor and ended his life... After that, I stopped caring about love itself, shunned it from my mind..." His face softened a bit. "Then I met a girl... Purple-headed, stubborn and a bit rude at times..." A soft smile formed on his lips. "But she completes what I missed... She's open, charismatic, and she's made me feel happy around her every time we've been near each other... So I do love someone, and her name is Vale...." He said, looking in the distance with a warm look on his face, a face of pure happiness.

The harshness of her words came off like icy daggers, driving towards Hikoru's heart. Surprisingly, his face didn't become angry. A faint smile played at her lips. She admired Hikoru and his strength, even if his strength came from what other's considered weakness. He started off by telling how he had housed her in an area that nobody else knew of, how he thought of her as a sister. She cocked her head slightly, her mouth opening in a small 'o'. Then, he spoke of his mentor being slaughtered by the one he wished to marry. Then he mentioned a name that she had never heard but there was a lot of players. He loved a purple haired girl named Vale. "I-I am sorry... It is hard for me to be open and share any feeling and-. I-I might" A pause happened. A sigh of defeat would be heard and then she would look back to Hikoru with a hurt look. "I might lash out anything that tries to show me any amount of love or be friendly... Sorry..." She thought of her father who had shown her no affection, her emotions for everything beginning to abate. 

A moment passed, her falling into thought. Her eyes glassed over, a memory trying to pull her out of Aincrad and into the deep reaches of her mind. She shook her head violently, her black hair flying into the air. "TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE" she quickly blurted out. Flashbacks scared her, and she didn't want another. They had always been with her ever since her mother had died, but medication had prevented the. In Aincrad however... she couldn't take the medication. She flinched as the transparent vision of a hand slammed down on her. The memories subsided. 

"S-Sorry" She said in between breaths. "I have... a problem" 

@Hikoru

Hikoru listened as she apologized, and he just brushed it off. He didn't hold it against her, as he used to be the same way. He was about to comment when he noticed her eyes had glazed over ever so slightly, as his had a few moments ago thinking about Vale. She was lost in thought, and he knew it was best to wait until she snapped out of her trance. He went to adjust his seating when she shouted to talk about something else. He jumped a bit, falling off the chair onto his shoulders, his feet up in the air. She apologized an said she had a problem. He just held up a hand as he got up slowly. He sat down and looked into her eyes.

"Its alright...." He said, then he coughed. "Do you uh... Need a hug or something? Nothing like that just... a comfort hug? A 'Bro' hug?" He said awkwardly. Although he was a very cold person and had been known for being as he was, but when it came to heartfelt moments he wasn't as mature as others. He had never really been a friend with people, which makes it difficult for him to connect, and is unsure of what to do in tense moments. He knew that there was no way to really talk his way out of this, so he tried a different approach, which felt completely foreign to what he was used to.

Hastily, Hikoru offered her a hug, her face reddening. "You are bad at this but no" Her breathing had slowed and she felt fine now. The fact that she had managed to drive the memory off was an achievement for her. She hardly ever managed in time to drive them back, and this time was a time she did. She looked back to him, and he was on the ground, fallen from his chair. "Why are you sitting on the ground?" She giggled a bit, lightening the mood. If she hadn't rested, the memory would have taken her quite easily. "Anyways, whats your next question? I can already see in your eyes that there are many for me to answer" She shot the doors a glance, expecting something to happen. As she ha woke herself up, obviously the men chasing her hadn't returned yet. Maybe they were all waiting outside? That would make sense, waiting for her. She wondered if he was going to ask more personal things, or in game about her strength and skills. She was far from tier three, but she awaited it. The power boost of each tier was menacing. Hikoru could buff himself by her total strength, maybe even more....

(Sorry there was absolutely nothing for me to post about" 

• 3 weeks later...

Hikoru sat up as the girl asked if he had any more questions to talk about. He just shook his head with a shy smile. "Yes, I have many but none that I want to ask at this point and time. You need rest, food and time to yourself so you can be ready to run in case they find out about this place and its secrets." He said with a small chuckle. He sighed and stood, stretching a small bit as he pulled up his hood. "I have a few things I promised to do today, so I will have to leave you be for the day. I'll be back later tonight, and if you need anything I can make my way here as soon as I can. But for now, rest, relax, lay low. It's a bit boring around here at times, but if I know rogues like us well enough, the info you can find here can be very valuable and worth your time." He said as he checked his equipment, then left out the door. Rex gave him a nod and he nodded back, then he left the inn silently, going to meet up with a few choice people at a meeting he needed to do long ago

As Hikoru got up, the girl giggled, for some reason delirious at the fact that he was on the ground. She quickly stopped herself and muttered, "I need more sleep" She laughed and looked to Hik who was now answering her question. He had many more questions, but wanted to give her a break. He told her to lay low, and he knew it was boring but she could find out some interesting information. She opened her mouth a tad, a bit sad that the man was going to leave her to communicate with... other people. Sey of course would be assuming that she was sleeping at her shop as they didn't currently have a house and she wasn't sleeping with him. She sighed, a bit lonesome without seeing the man. As she watched Hikoru leave, she noticed that she had no way of hiding herself if another of the men came in, unless she hid in plain sight. That wasn't going to be possible really unless she had some sort of potion to change her appearance. Thinking on that, she would have to remember that for later. She would just have to hope one of the men were in there. 

@Hikoru