[F11-PP] «Feeding the Enemy» Much Doge, Very Shark, Wow

Quest Details 

Spoiler

<<Feeding the Enemy>>

This quest may take place on any Floor.
This quest is not repeatable, unless your previous familiar is dead or has died.

An old gypsy NPC woman approaches you. She tells you that if you feed a monster, it may become tamed and accompany you on adventures, and sometimes even help you. However, taming a familiar is very rare, and you may even be damaged by the familiar. Use caution. This quest can be taken on any floor.

Requirements:

Thread Length: 1 Page/20 Posts

The monster tamed must be smaller than a large dog and within reason. The tamed monster must also be logically tamed, and as such most humanoid monsters will not be tamable. Staff reserves the right to deny certain types of familiars. If you're worried that your familiar may not be approved before searching for it, please PM a member of Staff.

Rewards:

1. The title <<(Insert beast's type name) Tamer>>
  2. A familiar (Possibly, view chart below.)
  3. 1 Skill Point

Familiar Results:
When feeding a familiar, you have one chance to tame a familiar every 15 posts. That means you may only roll the loot die for the familiar on the fifteenth post. If you don't want a familiar that you tamed without buffs, you may kill it and continue searching. Use the loot die(LD) to see if you do. Familiars may only be attempted to be found in intervals of 15 posts of the attempting player.

LD 1 - 10 Failure No monster is found or the taming attempt is unsuccessful.
LD 11-18 Success Monster is found and may be successfully tamed. 
LD 19+ Success Monster is found and successfully tamed. Player may choose an extra skill from the Familiar Enhancements, submitted for approval via the Evaluations forum.

Only one familiar may be obtained per thread.

Kimi was walking though Taft. The settlement or rather city was of European like design. Unlike the Town of Beginnings that Kimi was so fond of staying. This city had a upper and lower levels of living, but where Kimi was at could probably be considered the slums. While walking through trying to figure out how to get back to the Floor Portal. An old gypsy NPC woman approaches her and said. "Hey there missy." Kimi wasn't to sure of what to make of this old woman, but as soon as she was about to leave and ignore the NPC It continued talking. "I know a way to get a familiar if you're willing to listen." This peaked Kimis interest and she stayed to listen. From what Kimi understood she was supposed to feed the beast she wanted and in rare cases it would eat and be tamed. This sounded easy to Kimi, but the fact it was rare. 

Kimi accepted the quest and tried to make her way out of the slums, but it was to no avail. She couldn't find her way out, but she remembered that one of her guild mates actually lived here and probably knew how to navigate out. 
Spoiler

To @Jomei

"Hey its Kimi could you help me for a bit, i'm lost and i don't know how to get out of this area. I'm in what would be the slums of Taft."  

Edited by Kimi

The Irishman was nearly at his front door when a message notification, accompanied by a small bell chime, caught his attention. With curiosity in his face, he brought his gloved finger up to tap on the small letter-like icon, which expanded into the full message. Jomei read over what seemed to be Kimi asking for help, not knowing her way around Taft. Jomei chuckled and shook his head, wondering how the girl ended up getting lost in the city's poorer district. Jomei typed up a quick reply to his young guild mate

RE:
To: Kimi

Yeah of course, wait where you are, I'll come find you. 
What do you see around you?

Despite having the ability, as the guild's leader, to know what floor his guild mates were on, he could not figure out their exact locations. So he would need to depend on Kimi's help to find out exactly where she was. Once he got a little bit more information about what was around her, he should have no problem pinpointing exactly where she is. Closing out his messages, Jomei hurried off in the direction of the slums.

Kimi almost immediately got a message back from Jomei asking her to describe what as around her. There wasn't too much around that stood out, but she had to try something. Kimi paced about up and down the dirty streets of the slums, but she couldn't find much to that would help her. As she stared at the ground for a minute trying to collect her thoughts and think of anything standout where she was. She did notice that along the roads were drains. It could just be that there are drains everywhere, but as she checked out the other streets she found that its only the one she was mainly on. Kimi then opened up her menu and sent another message to Jomei

Spoiler

To: @Jomei

I think i'm in the main roads of the slums, just follow the road with the most drains and we'll run into each other soon.

-Kimi

With that said Kimi continued to pace about for a little bit, and noticed that the slums are actually on a slope. Well it seemed to be at a slope, but the street seemed to climb up slighty. This was barely noticeable and the only real reason she could tell was because a small stream of filth was flowing down the road for some distance until it hit one of the drains. With this in mind Kimi pieced two and two together and started making her way up the road to see if it would take her back to the "safer" side of town.

The man placed a hand on his chin "Drains?" Jomei said to himself in a mumble as he stared at the message from Kimi, trying to figure out where exactly that was. The man's eyes widened for a moment with a snap of his fingers when he pieced together where she was located. She was literally in one of the slummiest parts of the city, where the NPCs took all of their waste. That definitely wasn't a place Kimi wanted to be at. If the man recalled correctly, the drains Kimi was talking about should be located to the East. What was Kimi doing over there anyway? he thought to himself as he walked through the streets of Taft at a slightly hurried pace. Jomei did not tent to go to that area much at all, only saw the street she was mentioning in passing. What was down there that grabbed her attention? Or was she truly just exploring and wandered down the wrong road. Jomei continued until he saw the road ahead decline into a downwards slops. Standing at the top of the hill, Jomei's gaze turned down to the see the redhead walking up towards him. Jomei chuckled, "There you are." 

As Kimi was walking up the slope of the street to see if it takes her someplace better. She heard a familiar voice call out to her. It was Jomei he was finally able to make it. Kimi hurried up the slope quickly only to trip, but still managing to catch her fall and continue forward. "You're here! Thanks for showing up. This place is really creepy." Kimi said as put her arms together shuddering a little bit. Kimi then proceeded to tell him about the hag woman that talked to her randomly. "This hag NPC walked up to me mentioning ways of getting a familiar and i was wondering if you could help." Kimi tried to hide the embarrassment of asking for help, she never really enjoy having to ask for help. Kimi went on to ask if he had anything that might help her if he was too busy to come along.

@Jomei

Edited by Kimi

The ginger placed his hands on his hips as he watched Kimi climb up the rest of the incline. "Why I tend to stay out of this part of town.. Actually, I think I've really only seen it from up here. Never bothered to walk down that way." Once she had reached the top, she told Jomei about a woman she had met down the road-- on older hag of a woman that told her the secrets to taming a familiar. Jomei chuckled and shook his head, "That woman likes to get around these floors doesn't she.. Last I saw her, she was on Floor Two." The man placed a hand on Kimi's shoulder, "Alright, I'll be more than happy to keep you company. If you don't mind, we just need to stop at my house so I can grab my armor." the man rubbed the nape of his neck, feeling embarrassed that he had forgotten to place the item into his battle ready inventory when he woke up in the morning. His face lit up, as if coming up with another idea, "Oh, and I'll make you something to snack on as well.. stuff I make in my kitchen works like food you get from a cook.. enhancements wise I mean. So I can make you something to improve your chances on finding it."

Kimi was at a loss of words for being treated very well, but it was understandable. Who wouldn't want to set a nice first impression, but that aside she just happily replied. "Sure, Just lead the way. I don't want to end up getting lost again." She playfully said letting out a small nervous giggle. Kimi wasn't too familiar with this floor which is why she went on to explore it. Normally she would just stay on the first floor exploring what it had to offer or just go to her shop and craft. Aside from exploring the city of Taft. Kimi was also interested in what lay outside the city. Most of it was unexplored due to the monster hives that lay about, but with Jomei as a guide or sorts, making their way around wouldn't be too much of a problem. 

@Jomei

With a friendly smile and nod, Jomei turned on his heel, leading Kimi back through the streets of Taft towards the street his house resided on. All of the snow that had fallen around the holidays had melted, and all that remained was the cool winter air. Jomei let out a tiny sigh of relief through his nostrils once the two were back in the more familiar parts of Taft, looking over to his side to see that Kimi was still walking with him. After a short walk, and turning a couple of corners here and there, the two arrived at the familiar brown house, with the wooden sign depicting a lute by the door. Jomei unlocked the door and led Kimi inside to the living room, "Stel? I'm home. Kimi's here." Jomei called out to the woman she shared the home with, though he was replied to with silence. "Hm.. guess she went out." Jomei said, placing a hand on his chin before turning back to Kimi. "Well, like I said.. I can help you out with a consumable to find that familiar, anything in particular you're craving?" he said with a chuckle as he walked into his kitchen. 

Kimi’s eyes widened when Jomei asked if she was craving anything. “If that means you can make anything then I would love some red velvet cake.” Kimi never thought about having a kitchen of her own in her house, but now that she thought about it. Having the chance to get sweets any time of the day was a wonderful thought. That and the fact that the food that was presented here offers useful benefits. Kimi brushed the bottoms of her shoes before heading into the house. This would be her second time being here. Now with all the Christmas decorations gone she could really get a good look at the house by itself, and it looked great inside. She sat down at the dining table thinking of what to say. “Thanks for having me over.” Kimi thanked “So how much of the wilderness do you know of outside the city?” She asked. Quite a bit was going on in her mind as she thought of what monsters lay outside the safe zone here on the 11th floor, but she still felt safe if she has Jomei around.

Edited by Kimi

"Hm.. Red velvet cake. I think I can manage that." he said with a small laugh, "I mean.. thanks to the Cardinal system, I can make it with no problems at all." As the man was speaking to Kimi, he was slipping his green cloak over his head and placing it over the back of the couch, allowing for free movement of his arms without the fabric getting in the way. Standing in front of the refrigerator and Jomei tapped on the door, opening a small menu with a list of ingredients. As he tapped on each of the items-- milk, eggs, butter-- they appeared on the counter next to him. The man then moved to the next cabinet and repeated the same process, retrieving any of the other items he would not find in the refrigerator. Once all of the ingredients were out, the man simply needed to tap on the item, and then the bowl to place the correct amount inside. "Of course, I actually helped Ruby with the exact same thing a few days earlier, so I have no problem with it." Jomei said with a smile as he placed the last of the ingredients into the bowl, and let cardinal take care of the mixing. "Well.. This floor is about the same size as the First Floor... so I still have yet to explore everything. I don't even think I've been to every single part of Taft yet. As for the wildlife, you can usually find a pretty big variety.. Theres forests we can look through, caves and mountains, and theres also the beach...heh.. Haven't been there in awhile." By the time Jomei had finished telling Kimi about the different areas of Floor Eleven, the mixing had finished. Opening his oven, Jomei placed the cake batter into the oven and set a timer for it to bake. 

While Kimi was just waiting for her cake to come by she pulled out a song she made and asked. "You don't mind if i use this now right?" She took out her familiar call song and placed it on the table. Kimi wasn't too sure what to do while waiting, but small talk is always a nice way to get around to know people. She also wanted to get to know her guild mates. "So what does the guild do really? It wasn't explained to me, but i have no doubt in my mind that its for a good cause." Kimi let that question settle in because she knew there might be a lot to it, but she didn't mind the smaller and simpler causes. 

Kimi went though her inventory to make sure everything was in order. She had to change her armor to one she borrowed from a friend because it would help with her luck finding a willing candidate to become her little friend.

@Jomei

Edited by Kimi

Jomei looked over his shoulder at Kimi, who was holding a recording crystal. Jomei figured that it was her own Familiar Call. The man chuckled, "Of course. Music is always welcome in this house. I've been meaning to listen to what you can craft anyway. I don't know if I told you before, but I'm a Performer as well." Once the ginger had finished preparing the icing, he set that bowl to the side and took the cake out of the oven. The soft desert had the rich red color that made red velvet cake what it was. Once atop his stove, Jomei took an icing spatula from a small drawer with multiple utensils and tapped the air above the icing with it, before tapping the top of the cake, automatically spreading all of the white icing upon the surface. The finished product was small, about the size of a single slice, but rounded like a regular cake--a perfect single serving. Transferring the cake to a plate, along with a fork, Jomei brought the dessert over to Kimi, placing it on the table in front of her. "There we go, one red velvet cake. That was my first time making one, so hopefully its good..Even though the system pretty much does everything for me.. I still feel like I'll end up burning something whenever I cook." he said with a laugh before returning to the kitchen to clean up the mess he had made. "To answer your question about the guild, I created the guild with the protection of all of the players of SAO in mind. Whether its from monsters, or harassment from other players, I want people to be able to feel safe to know they can call upon any of HDA for assistance. Of course.. you have some of us that are fighting on the front lines. But theres also so much to be done in towns with other players, and even helping out others with quests." Jomei placed both of his hands on the counter, a short silence befalling the house, "I just, don't want people to feel like they have to get through this game alone. And that someone will always be there to help them."

-4 Materials
Kitchen Used

Red Velvet Cake(+3 LD)
Given to Kimi

“Looking out for the little person is always in need, not many get to go though the lower levels like they used to anymore since it doesn’t hold as much benefit going into the upper floors.” Kimi said drifting off into the topic. As she took another glance at the cake that sat infront of her she couldn’t help but dig in. “Ahh~ it’s really good!” She said giving Jomei her approval of the desert. She played her familiar call leaving a aura around her and soon finished the cake with pleasant ease. Without thinking really thinking Kimi uttered the words outloud. “Thanks daddy!” And stood up off the dining table and gave Jomei a wide smile. It took a while for Kimi to realize what she just said, but dismissed it thinking it was her imagination. Though despite that she did feel some comfort calling Jomei daddy, and just left it at that. A trigger in Kimi’s head sort of switched at the fact she called Jomei dad that it just stuck. With all that he has done for her as of now was more than most compared to the people she met already. So the thought of calling Jomei daddy stuck a while as she giggled at the thought.

@Jomei

Edited by Kimi

The ginger grinned at Kimi's compliment of his creation, "Glad you like it." As Jomei continued to clean up the mess he made, placing the milk, eggs, and other ingredients back into their respective storage spaces, he heard the sound of Kimi's familiar call begin to play. The soothing sound filled the living room and kitchen as the man cleaned and the girl ate. From atop a perch that nearly touched the ceiling in the corner, the tawny owl's eyes fluttered to life, before swooping down onto the table aside of Kimi. Her large black eyes closed, tilting her head from side to side in time with the music. "Mm.. this is really good." Jomei said to himself, it being one of the first times he had heard another Performer's work in SAO. Suddenly, Jomei's eyes shot open with a flush of red on his face. The man turned to face Kimi, nearly dropping the bowl he had been cleaning. "W-Wait.. what did you... call me?" Jomei said, still not sure if he heard Kimi correctly. 

Kimi giggled a little bit again after Jomei noticed what she said. "Daddy?" She repeated again laughing. "Well, if its any consolation to you. You are treating me like your kid. Hope you don't mind daddy." She said again giggling as she said "daddy" once more. "I didn't know you were also a performer. Maybe you could help me a bit later or we can duet something. I've always loved singing and i noticed you have a lute. So with our efforts combined we might make something cool." Kimi said. She stretched a bit getting herself ready to go on an adventure. Kimi killed some time by played with the owl that landed near her by booping its head softly. As it seemed that Jomei was nearly finished cleaning she said. "I'm feeling more lucky today now and I'm already ready. Lets get heading out as soon as possible. You know early bird get the worm."

@Jomei

Jomei looked at Kimi for a moment longer, not exactly sure how to react to being called 'daddy.' Bringing a fist up to his mouth, the man cleared his throat. His cheeks still wore a pink flush as he stammered to create words, "I-I mean I care about you guys... I never.. saw any of you like my children.." The man laughed again, returning to cleaning the dishes he had left behind, "I mean.. I'm pretty sure I'm not nearly old enough to be your father. But.." The man shrugged his shoulder with a small sigh, "If it makes you happy. Who am I to stop you." he said, turning to the girl again with a smile. "Just don't let it get weird." he said playfully, pointing at the girl. Once the kitchen had been cleaned, and Kimi had finished her cake, the ginger walked back out into the living room, retrieving his cloak from the back of his couch, and calling Adere to his shoulder. "Come on, the effects of the cake and the familiar call should have taken effect by now. Lets head out of Taft and see what kind of familiar we can find you."

Kimi quickly responded to the idiotic nature of their conversation by pointing her finger back at Jomei and said "You got it daddy." disregarding his mention of not letting it get weird. Either way Kimi was having a good time which for her doesn't happen genuinely enough. The duo did a small tour though the city of Taft just so Kimi wouldn't get lost again before heading out to explore the wilderness that lay beyond the safe zone. While outside Kimi suggested that she wanted to go check out the beach, since really she hasn't seen one in game yet. However to get to it first the duo had to pass though the forest that surrounded the city, and with no real clear path making it there did take some time. Ultimately with Jomei guiding her through it all she managed to get to the shore with no conflict on the path they took. 

While enjoying the cool breeze and the sound of crashing waves Kimi nearly forgot that she was there to look for a familiar. In the very least shes went along the shore line looking around at some beasts, but nothing really presented itself as cute. There were a few that she passed that stood out amongst the crowd, but after a little while she couldn't find one that was adorable enough. Not only that, but fit the description of tameable. As she sat down under a tree with decent shade thinking if she should just settle down and try attempting to tame a generic monster. She saw a small light blue beast wash up onto the shore. It stumbled and rolled until the wave withdrew. It picked itself up and shook a bit of sand that collected on it body. 

The instant Kimi laid her eyes on this majestically adorable beast, she knew she must have him. Kimi wasn't entirely sure what to do to tame the cute dog shark thing that was sprawling around on the shore, but she tried to near it. At first when she was close enough the dog shark, it quickly made a alerted stance after it recovered from being dizzy from getting rolled in by the wave. From here Kimi just did what most would do when trying to be friendly with an animal and put some food down. "Hopefully this shark doggo would like some snacks." Kimi thought as she brought out some piece of cookie shes been saving and laid it down a fair distance away from her before backing off to watch.

The shark doggo was still in its stance during the whole process of Kimi laying some food down, but as she backed away still observing, the shark doggo moved forward and took a piece of food to taste before eating it all. When Kimi saw that the shark doggo ate the cookie, she then placed another near her, but not moving any distance away. This time the shark doggo hesitated getting close to Kimi, but it was easy to see that it wanted the cookie. Kimi noticed this so she brought out another cookie and broke a bit of it and placed it in between the shark doggo and the whole cookie.

As the doggo took the piece of cookie, it then went to the next whole cookie and ate it happily. From there it looked up to Kimi crouched watching and moved a bit closer. Kimi made sure not to move a muscle so she wouldn't scare it away, but right when it was at a very close distance it was difficult for her to keep her composure. Then out of Kimis expectation the shark doggo closed its eyes and left it closed as if waiting for Kimi to do something. Kimis face showed signs of panic as if she had no idea what to do. She slowly raised her hand and placed it softly onto the shark doggos head while she also closed her eyes and looked away. She knew that if it bit she would be fine, but the suspense of how far shes gotten with this uniquely adorable creature made her anxious. When she opened her eyes she saw that the shark doggo was wagging its tiny tail fin. Kimi uttered a loud inner screech as she saw she made friends with it. Without thinking she tried to pick it up, which it let happen, and raised it above her head like the scene from lion king and said out loud "I shall call you noodle and you will be mine, and you shall be my noodle." 

ID# 93880 results:

Loot: 10 (+3LD armor, + 1 familiar call, +1 Multipurpose house buff, +2 searching with house buff, +3 searching cake) = LD 20

Familiar Found

Edited by Kimi

Kimi suggested that the two try to search for a familiar for her to tame at the beach. With a smile, the ginger nodded, offering to show her the way. Being the first real beach that players had unlocked, Jomei had visited the area plenty of times.. especially since it was once the spot of Lowenthal's shop and house. The two made their way down the path, avoiding the aggro zones of any monsters along the way. The grass and dirt below them began to show specks of sand, and before long, sand was all they walked upon. 

Jomei looked out at the beach, the wind blowing at his green cloak and hair, a small smile on his face. The man was remembering all of the fun times he had on this floor, the last time him being here was with Lowenthal and Piera. Snapping back to reality, Jomei looked around for the young redhead, spotting her closer to the water. She seemed to have found a creature that caught her eye.. it looked like a landshark, but just a mere pup. The man smiled, finding the aquatic creature to be quite cute. 

He merely kept his distance and watched as Kimi attracted the shark pup closer and closer, until finally it allowed her to pat its head and pick it up. The ginger chuckled before approaching the girl, "Congrats. That went a lot faster than I had expected." 

Kimi cradled Noodle in her arms as she fed it another cookie. Not long after she befriended the cute creature, Jomei walked up to congratulate her. Kimi wasn't sure how long it normally takes, but she felt a special bond when she saw the adorable creature waddle around. With that said she stayed there getting a good look at it, admiring it superior cuteness. "So what do you think of him? Isn't he adorable?" Kimi asked as she slowly lifted up Noodle to Jomei. Kimi couldn't help smiling mostly because she now knows she won't be as lonely when shes on a quest and strangely enough, Noodle reminded her of her own dog back in real life. "I'm ready to go back whenever, but we can stick around and enjoy the beach. I didn't get the chance to really enjoy it since i was trying to get this little guy." She then trailed off really thinking about staying at the beach. "Actually i think i might end up spending my whole time here just playing with him. So heading back would be nice, it can give me a chance to show him around to my place later." As she said that she pleasantly stared at her new buddy and cuddled him. Without much thought to it, Kimi started humming a tune that her dad used to hum to put her to sleep. 

"Yeah, he is pretty cute" Jomei said with a bright smile and chuckle. The man placed his hands on his knees as he bent down to get a closer look at the shark pup that Kimi had named Noodle. Unlike usual landsharks the Jomei had seen, this one shared a likeness to an aquatic shark, the main difference being that it had four legs. Jomei could assume that it was more of an amphibian, being able to live on both land and sea, rather than just the water. "He definitely is one of a kind, I'll tell you that. I've never seen anyone like him before." Jomei said before raising back up to his full height, "And you two definitely seem like you're already forming a bond." The man let out another small laugh, placing a hand on top of the girl's head and rustling her hair a bit.He would nod his head when Kimi suggested the two head back to town, "Yeah, why don't we head back."