[F12 SP] Dancing Lights in the Darkness COMPLETED

Flying through the air after his jump, Hei had to see, how the Toad continued its quick and powerful movements. He hadn't even landed on the ground, when the Toad had launched itself once more, jumping over him and landing where Hei was going to land. - Oh fkc, that is not how this should end. i have to do something - he though, flying towards the monster with with its big Staff. What was he gonna do was all he could think at the moment and then he used the momentum of himself flying to stab the spear into the ground. His own momentum nearly ripped his arms from his body, but Hei was able to hold on and stop his flight towards the sure death. The staff hit the ground with a loud noise and Hei knew, that it would have hit him, if he hadn't pulled of this stunt right now. With his Arms feeling sore he turned towards the beast, as his Energy reached the level it needed to be for him to end the fight. With a few steps he was there, his spear right in his hand ready to stab the giant toad to death, but the ground was still wet and slippery and so Hei began sliding towards the monster, bumping into it and loosing his focus. The cancelled attack drained a little of his Energy, but he was still alive.

Spoiler

ID# 94908
Battle: 1 -> crit miss
Mob: 7-3 = 4 -> miss

--- Stats ---
Hei: 244/480 (-0) HP | 2/48 (+1 -2) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG
Shaman Toad: 12/480 (-0) HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT

Edited by Hei

Stumbling against the enemy and losing his energy was not what he had wanted to do, and it was no good start for what ever he had to do now either. This close to the monster he could feel its slimy skin and the muscles underneath. They were shifting which could only mean it was going to do something, and what ever it was, it wouldn't be to pleasant. Pushing himself back from the Toad, Hei hoped to be safe from being grabbed or trampled, but it seemed the boss had thought of the same and aimed for the place he would most probable land after running backwards. So when Hei had pushed himself back, the heavy staff was coming down right at him, and he had no way to prevent it hitting him. His HP dropped back into the area he didn't want it to be. - Damn, with that much of damage output just one more hit would kill me. - Falling into some kind of panic, his mind got clear once again, and he grabbed the last potion from his pouch, running away and drinking it at the same time. He would not turn around to see what was happening, but he could hear the heave splashes of the beasts feet in the shallow water.

Spoiler

ID# 95081
Mob: 9 -> hit -> 145 dmg -> 149/480 HP

--- Stats ---
Hei: 149/480 (-145 +50) HP | 3/48 (+1) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG
Shaman Toad: 12/480 (-0) HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT

Edited by Hei

He was still running, hearing the heavy steps behind him, but at least his HP was going up from the potion. Yellow wasn't to bad, but he would not let himself get hit even one more time, as he wasn't sure if that would kill him. The sound of the beast following him stopped from one moment to the next and that was something Hei didn't like at all. What ever it was the Shaman was doing, it was something bad, or it would continue to follow him. Hei turned around to have a look at what was going to come for him, and he saw that the boss had stopped walking and instead some glowing came from the bird that had just landed on its shoulder. - Could it be, that he can use sword skills via this thing - he wondered, but the question got answered very soon, when the bird rushed at him, trying to hit him with its wings, but Hei jumped out of the way. he had to end it, before the beast would do even more evil attack. He jumped towards the beast, his weapon beginning to glow. Before he could really use the swordskill the Toad swung its staff at him, but Hei released the maiming blow, using the skill to hit the staff away and then do three more slashes with the spear. The Toads HP dropped with every hit and after the third had hit, It finally dropped to zero and exploded into pieces.

<<You killed the Shaman Toad and earned the title of "spiritual killer", would you like to show it to others?>>
<< Y / N >>

Hei had never seen this kind of System Message and he didn't remember anyone who had a title, so he clicked no in the hope to be able to activate it via the menu in case he would ever want to do so. Besides this, there was the typical loot pop up. Browsing through it, Hei was neither happy nor sad about the drops. "The Titus, look what I got here, I just found some materials, and a rare weapon drop of a second tier weapon. I hope it's something useful. Oh, and look at that col, this one alone dropped close to two thousand col. 

Spoiler

ID# 95082
Battle: 10 -> crit -> 11+2 = 13*4 = 52-24 = 28 dmg -> dead
Mob: 4 -> miss

Loot Roll:
ID# 95083
LD: 11 ->
CD: 8 -> 1 T2 Mat + <<unidentified T2 Rare One Handed Assault Spear>>
+ 2 T2 Mats + 1920 col

T2 mat total: 5

--- Stats ---
Hei: 149/480 (-0) HP | 0/48 (+1-4) Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9+2 DMG
Shaman Toad: 0/480 (-18) HP | 144 DMG | 24 MIT DEAD

Edited by Hei

Slowly the tension of this death battle fell of Hei and he began being a little dizzy. The realization that he could have died slowly dripped into his brain and he nearly blacked out from it. - How have i been so reckless, what if I had really died? What would have happened to Stryder who always was caring for all of his guild members and who surely couldn't stand the thought of one of his friends dying. or what about Saphira, who was one of his closest companions lately, she might have done something terrible if he had died. Not to think about his family back home in the real word. I have to be more careful in the future. I will buy a teleport crystal with the col i earned today, that's for sure - he was so caught in his own thoughts, that he jumped out of his skin when Titus touched his shoulder. Taking some deep breaths, he calmed down pretty quick and turned to the other player. "Yeah, what's up?"

Titus who looked just as shocked as Hei, stumbled across words a little, but finally managed to say "I..I was taking to you, when it seemed that you totally spaced out. I wanted to check if you're alright and then you flinched so hard, I...I wasn't sure what to do. Are you ok now? The fight seemed really hard."

1/3 Posts till Full Energy
164/480 HP (+15)

Hei took some time before he replied to what Titus had just said. "You talked to me? I didn't notice that, was it something important?" was the first he could ask back, before he fully understood what Titus had just said. "Wait, you were worried, but there was nothing to worry about. i was just in thoughts, I am sorry in case i frightened you. But I might take a short break before I will continue gather some more materials on this floor. And please don't fish up something like that again." Titus took in what Hei had just said and after a short moment of thinking he replied "Ok, take your time. I'll continue and look for some Materials while you take that break. I believe I owe you at least that much for saving me from the monster I fished up." then he left to go and have a look at the surrounding area. Hei used the time to close his eyes for a moment, but instantly the picture of him being smashed by the giant toad appeared in front of his eyes, followed by his fiends crying. He couldn't stand it, so he opened his eyes and blinked a few times to get the thought out of his head.
- I need some relaxation, maybe if I try the old ways of meditation I can forget this for a moment - and so he sat up and got into a stance he had learned when he was a young boy. he had not done this for ages and it felt strange to do it with this unreal body, but he still calmed down a little, and once he started the breathing technique he had learned so long ago, his vision blurred and he forgot everything around him.

The same time, Titus had reached another island within this swamp that looked like it could house some rare plants or maybe some swamp animals he could catch or gather to obtain some Materials he could hand over to Hei to thank him. But the plants he had seen from the boat weren't that rare and not even good for anything, so he left the place to keep searching.

Spoiler

ID# 95173
Loot: 3 -> nothing found

Total T2 mats: 5

2/3 Posts till Full Energy
179/480 HP (+15)

Edited by Hei

Titus was not ready to return to Hei without finding anything, so he jumped back onto the boat and with a few fluid movements of the long pole, the boat glided through the brownish water. He made his way to some of the smaller islands, always on  the lookout for something he could hand over to Hei to thank him for all the trouble he had already caused him. Hopping of the boat and walking through the swampy terrain was difficult, but non the less, it was way less dangerous than sitting on the boat and fishing. After a few Isles where there was nothing but grass, dirt and mud, he finally arrived at one, that housed a swarm of mudskippers, strange aquatic fish creatures that could move on land, and when he tried to catch a few, he found that they collected the scales of shiny fish. Collecting the scales, he was able to obtain four materials he could present to Hei.

Later he returned to the island where they had slain the boss monster, and Hei was just sitting there, not mowing. If this wasn't SAO, he might have logged of, but there was no way for that. maybe he fell to sleep while he was sitting. Titus came closer carefully to not wake him, when he saw Hei's Lips moving a little. It seemed as if he was repeating something, but it was without sound, so he could not understand what ever it was.

Spoiler

ID# 95184
Loot: 15 -> found mats
CD: 11 -> 3 bonus mats -> 4 T2 Mats found

T2 Mat total: 9

Energy Fully recharged
194/480 HP (+15)

Edited by Hei

He didn't want to interrupt Hei with whatever he was doing at the moment, but there was some kind of swamp fish mob coming closer and as he didn't knew if the mobs were aggro out here, he had to "wake" him. "Hei, Hei. Are you awake?" but Hei didn't react. His lips were still moving and his eyes were closed and it seemed he didn't hear anything, so Titus took him at the shoulders and gently shook him, and indeed, Hei's eyes opened.
Deeply breathing before he spoke, Hei asked
"What's the matter Titus. I believe i am ready to continue our journey to find the fish the master wants to have." the younger player hadn't expected that Hei would be back so sharp, as he had thought he was asleep, and so he was stunned by amazement. Shaking his head a little, he replied "Well, uh, there is a big fish coming towards us and I don't think it's a friendly one. We should probably get going and avoid more combat till your HP is back up to a higher level." and as soon as he had said that, the fish jumped from the water to show its full size. "Yeah, i believe you are right, let's get going. Maybe we even find some useful stuff out there in the swamp." Leaving the island they had been on for the last few minutes, they both sighted in relieve as the boat glided through the muddy water and they quickly left the monster behind.

Spoiler

ID# 95201
Loot: 6 -> nothing found.

209/480 HP (+15)

Edited by Hei
  • 3 weeks later...

Staking the boat through the rough muddy water Hei and Titus moved further away from the settlement they had started their journey of and made their way deeper into the swamp that was covering most of floor twelve. Besides the small islands that held nothing more than reeds they now saw trees, not often but there were trees, mostly weeping willows that had branches hanging down so deep, they touched the water and hid what ever was behind them. "Hey Titus, what'd you say if we go and have a look at some of those islands that house trees. Maybe there is something worth taking with us, and even if there isn't anything, the chance to find some rare fish could be higher when under those trees." He knew it was a small shimmer of hope, but he really hoped that he was able to get the fish without actually using the fishing skill again. With his HP still not back to green and the memory of the giant toad still fresh in mind, he was not in the mood to risk it once more. Titus looked over to him and nodded, adding "Yeah, you are right. These trees look like they could hide something. I once heard of one of those being used to hide some treasure chest." That was something Hei hadn't heard of, but it was just reasonable to think so, as they hid whatever was beneath them. Landing their boat at the next island they saw a tree on, Hei jumped of and walked over to the tree, his spear in hand, just to be prepared for what ever would happen. Using his spear to move the twigs out of the way, he opened the way for him to see a collection of rare plants he quickly gathered before returning to Titus, who was smiling all over his face. "What happened that makes you smile like that?"  Hei asked and Titus simply held up a fish in his hands. Inspecting the fish, Hei saw that it was the one they had to get, so they were able to return to the first floor and get their quest completed.

ID# 96419
LD:
12+ 3 = 15 -> CD: 2 -> +1 Bonus mat

T2 total: 9+ 2 = 11

224/480 HP (+15)

Edited by Hei