[OP-F1] Tresure Hunting

Novafire waited in the woods, whereing her standard outfit, because it gives a loot bonus. She was excited, she couldn't wait for others to arrive. They would be looking for Materials and Other Hidden Items. But the main purpose of this event is to get to know everyone and meet new people. I can't wait! She said enthusiasticly. This will be so fun! She opened her menu. She sent a message to local area players and to her friends. She also made the location easy to find so anyone can join on the event. They should be here any minute now. She said hearing movement in the forest, she was practically jumping up and down with excitement. She wss happy, she got to do something somewhat normal that she hasn't done in a while. To be normal.

@Gwydion @Benjamin Bookworm @Tressa @H3LL0

Edited by Novafire
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwydion was wary as he walked through the forest. He'd received a message from a local player that proclaimed a search for hidden items. Normally he'd ignore the announcement - and leave area, too - but the wording was sincere, and he needed allies, anyway.

He crept along, careful not to make sound, and saw a girl through the the leaves. She didn't seem at all intimidating or hostile, adorned in fuzzy winter attire. That probably meant she wasn't a thug, but he'd rather be careful than dead. Gwydion sneaked forward for a closer look, but stepped on a twig, causing a resounding crack.

Well, no use hiding now. He stood and strode to the girl, trying to exude an air of power in case she was a bad type.

He gave a short bow, said, "Greetings. I've received your message. I'm Gwydion, the..." He scratched his chin. "The man who's... come here. We're to gather, you wrote? Avoid silver flowers." He cringed.

Gwydion (Level 1) (20 HP) (2 EN)

Equipped Items: Steel Arming Sword, Steel Plate Armor. Battle Ready Items: (5) Healing Potion. Skills: Heavy Armor I.

Novafire laughed. Yeah, I'm sorry, I was expecting an intoduction, but I wasn't expecting that... Nova smiled. But your right, I'm gathering players here for a social meet up, and to collect Materials. She smiled. Since you were the first one here, I was expecting someone else first, but since your the first on here. You get one free coffee! You chose though, I have a Carrot Flavored Coffee that increases looting, and a Coffee of the Strong which increases strength. But both are only momentarily. She looked at the stranger enthusiastically.  Sorry, I forgot, I'm Novafire, friends call me Nova. She suddenly looked confused. At the end of your introduction, what did you mean by "Avoid silver flowers?"

Ben moved through the forest, looking for the spot that Nova had wanted to meet up at.  He had been checking the bushes on his way there, starting to get into the habit of checking everywhere he went for things to craft with- he'd already used up almost all of his starting materials, and would only be using them up faster from here on out. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll: ID 93959, Loot die 2, nothing

Unfortunately, he hadn't found a thing on the way here, but at least with his friends with him they would likely find something of value.  He just wished they'd picked a bit higher floor, where there was more to find.  Ah well, that was how it went...

Hey Nova!  I'm here!  Just had to make a stop or two to try and find some stuff.  Anyways, I'm here to help out.  I just, um, didn't really have the specifics on what we are searching for today.  So what's up?

Stats:

Spoiler

Level - 4
HP - 80 / 80
ENG - 8 / 8
DMG - 3 (1 base + 1 skills + 1 equipment)
MIT - 0
ACC - +1 (1 equipment)
EVA - 0

Spoiler

Sword Arts -

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Equipment -

[EQ] [T1 Rare Dagger] Emerald Shiv - ACC 1, DMG 1

Battle Ready Inventory:

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
(8) Basic Healing salve (Heals 40 HP)
(1) T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp HP)

Gwydion gave a toothy grin. "Just... if you see a silver flower - four petals, hard feeling stem - avoid it. I suffer from flower PTSD."

And he knew he could trust Nova. Her introduction wasn't whacking him on the head with a sword, after all, and her offer of coffee was an eight on the ten-tiered friendly scale.

"A boost to looting would be useful, but I request the strength giving coffee. Thank you. And I apologize for my initial bearing." He slacked his shoulders and curved his back some, trying for a casual posture, though a voice in his head said he looked stupid.

He heard a voice. Gwydion turned sharply, tense, jumping a bit, but listening to the words he concluded this was another to trust. He knew Nova.

"I'm Gwydion, good man." He bowed for this one, too, making a flourish with his hand.

Then he eyed the area for plants, but found none, unfortunately. "There's nothing about."

(93960 - LD 4)

Edited by Gwydion

Tressa was rather excited to go out on her first day of exploring this new and strange game. Her ability to hear in this game gave her new found hope and happiness that she would enjoy herself more than she had ever on Earth. Her smile only widened when she had heard the wind for the first time ever, blowing through her blonde locks, making her giddy and her eyes tear up. Then she spoke, and she did not like that at all. Her voice sounded off and foreign to her now working ears.

Tressa decided that today was the day to go out, and so she did. She put on her leather armor and went forth, wanting to see what the game had to offer. While on her adventure into the unknown, a group of players caught her eyes. She turned and was tempted to go up to them, making friends was her specialty. She hesitated for a moment, the visions of her highschool classmates came rushing to her. She shook the memories off and walked forward, a sense of bubblyness and happiness in her stride. "Hi! I know it seems rather strange for someone to insert themselves into a conversation, but you three are the first people I've seen and I would like to say hi! I'm Tressa." She beamed and stuck out her hand.

Hey Ben! Glad you could make it! She said waving her hand above her head. Come on, get over here! She said giggling. She was happy one of her friends showed up. She looked over at Gwydion, then back at Benjamin. Remembering that she gave him a coffee and felt sad that Benjamin wouldn't get one. Then she remembered that she had an extra. But she decided to give it to him after he got close enough to pass it, not, not throw it. She also remembered that Ben doesn't know who Gwydion is. So when he approach.  me to indroduce you two, Benjamin this is Gwydion. Gwydion this is Benjamin Bookworm. He showed up when I sent the message to local players. He said something about silver flowers, I had no idea what it meant. She said smiling.

Another player approached, stating her name was Tressa, she looked friendly. Nova held out her hand and shook Tressa's. Hello Tressa! I'm Novafire, but my friends call me Nova. That is Benjamin Bookworm **points at ben** and that is Gwydion.

Edited by Novafire

The Dark Knight watched the two meet. He stayed hidden in the shadows of the forest and with his perk Hiding I. He observed the two, one seems to be wearing a jacket and a skirt, easy picken'. He looked at the other player, he was different. He wore heavy armor with a steel sword, he might be a problem... The Dark Knight continued to watch, hidden in the shadows. The Dark Knight continued to watch,  as he saw a third player enter, by the looks of it he is a healer. I have to take him out first If I want to kill these idiots. Then another player entered. She looked friendly, I doubt she will be a problem, either. The Healer and the Host looked like they knew eachother, if only they new the threat that would approach them soon...

Edited by The Dark Knight

"Was I not invited to the party?" Outlander said sarcastically glacing at all the players, who looked suprised, no one saw him untill he was upclose and personal. "Seriously though, why." Outlander then looked irritated. He walked into the group as he watched two of the four turn over stumps looking for Materials and Such. "Hello everybody, the names' Outlander, professional mercenary and bounty hunter, at your service." Outlander said with a bow. Then he looked and pointed at Benjamin. "But of couse he already knew that..." Outlander looked at everyone. "So, I have some good news, I have caffeine on me. Bad news, on my way here, I felt like I was being watched. Unfortunately, my specialty is stealth not detection, so I wouldn't know for sure." Outlander chuckled and glaced around, there wasn't much to say or do with a bunch of strangers, so he tried meaningless conversation: "So, how's life?"

Word count: 156

Edited by Outlander

Gwydion accepted the coffee. "Many thanks." He blew on its surface until Nova mentioned the flowers. "Simply avoid them. You'll be glad. And, Benjamin... Bookworm? An odd name, but I'm not to judge. I speak like a man from storybooks, and acknowledge this. It carries the tone I wish to convey - long story. Do you like it?"

He heard another visitor, and swiveled with less of a jolt this time. Their face was friendly enough, their manner seemed carefree and joyous, and Gwydion was beginning to learn that not everyone wanted you dead. She gave her introduction: Tressa it was. He approached her, coffee in one hand, then firmly shook hers with his gauntlet.

"Not sure if you heard my name, but it's Gwydion; I like saying it. Yours is nice, too." He paused for a moment. "I suppose that was awkward. Oh! And I almost forgot..."

He bowed, hair falling over his shoulders. And seeing the next newcomer, he angled his bow to affect him, too. "Good, except that we're trapped in this game. But it's a good game, so alright."

Edited by Gwydion

Hey Outlander, yeah, I'm sorry, I fogot to invite you. She said, a little embarrassed. Just be glad you got here before we left. You wouldn't know were to find us. She smiled. I guess I owe you a coffee for that one? She giggled. She opened her Inventory, went to food and drinks, and spawned a Carrot Flavored Coffee. I guess I kinda was going to give it to anyone who asked, you mind as well take it. She laughed a little. But then stopped remembering a comment from earlier, something that made her feel a bit of fear for a moment. "What did you mean by "you felt someone was watching?" She remembered she felt the same way a minute before Gwydion showed up. Could it have been him?  No, It didn't feel like him, it felt darker and scarier, it felt bad, it felt evil.

Edited by Novafire

Ben sighed, he didn't usually like big gatherings like this.  Too many people to keep everything on track- but at least there were some people he knew around here.  He approached Nova as she was introducing everyone.  Hi Outlander, hi everyone else.  Sorry I was a bit late... I'm not used to it being this crowded.  Or weird.  So, I assume we are all here to go material and treasure chest hunting?  It seems like a bit of a large group to hunt monsters with.  We'd draw in a lot of them if we tried. 

Ben looked around at everyone here, nodding hellos to everyone he missed and tried to judge their interests.  The players seemed to be happy with talking for now, which was fine by him.  He was still anxious to go out and actually do something though, so he looked to Nova to see what the plan was.  She seemed to be the leader here.

(Outlander messaged me to say some stuff for him in this, so I'm not stealing his character.)

So, heres the plan, this is a game! Everyone looked confused for a second. She could tell Outlander was going to say some witty remark, she was interupted by him saying You don't say? Nova laughed at his comment. Anywho, its a scavenger hunt! The team that brings back the most Materials wins!  Let's see, five people, um, Ok, three teams and one with only one person on it, so wants to lone wolf it? Outlander raised his hand. Nova looked at him. Ok, Outlander is his own team. Let's see, Benjamin and Me are a team. That leaves Gwydion and Tressa. Everyone ready? Stay with your partner. In two hours, we meet back her, the team that gathered the most wins. Ready? GO! Everyone began sprinting in all directions. She ran out of the small clearing and into the woods. Singaling Ben to follow, she hoped for the best for all the teams, but she still felt like someone or something is watching them.

Edited by Novafire

Tressa was a tad bit overwhelmed, but she forced those feelings out of her head and she looked at everyone. "Well! Sounds like fun! Come along Gwydion, lets show these people how good we are at finding materials." She beams happily at him and looks around, not sure exactly where to start. "Psst.. Hey... I've never actually went material hunting before,,, How exactly does this work?" She was at a loss, she never actually researched and learned how everything worked in terms. I'm positive I ca figure it out! It doesn't seem too difficult at all really, and I know me and my partner can do this. She smiled and started to walk around, realizing she had no idea where to start looking. She looked up with a concerned expression and started to search more. "Hmm, I hope you have good luck with it all!" She said to everyone.

ID: 93969 LD: 14 (No Loot).

Edited by Tressa

"Just look about and take things that seem useful. Unfortunately for you, I'm absolute rubbish at gathering. I'm sure we'll lose!" He smiled. "But I hope we'll win."

He followed Tressa, trailing a bit behind, keeping an eye out for plants, ore, or other materials; not to mention players.

(93970 - LD 6 - Fail)

Gwydion was elated to find a patch of herbs; green leaves with sharp, purple spikes on the sides. He recognized them from Zackaria's shop. However, looking to do something interesting, he drew his sword and sliced them from the ground - which destroyed them. They burst into shards.

He ran to catch up with Tressa, trying to keep the disappointment out of his voice.

"See? That only confirms it. I'm the best around. I hope you didn't see, actually." He grimaced.

Gwydion pointed to a sharp rock outcropping. "Let's check under that. It seems promising, eh? They wouldn't put in a thing like that with no purpose."

Edited by Gwydion

Ell never was an early riser. His nap may have took too long for he had read the message a while ago yet he had decided to ignore it. 

“Receiving a message from a random player, but having bad luck in all my attempts to gather stuff, what a drag.” He sighed. He took the message and menu away, and sat up on the bench.

”Would you look at that, all my luck is thrown to social interactions instead of the things that could make me succeed an make me better, some game this is. But anyways,”

Ell stood up and mumbled:

”I’ll take advantage of this luck given to me because that’s all I have and I have absolutely nothing to lose.”

He started to walk towards the forest as he replied to @Novafire‘s message -I’ll be there soon assuming you still need me.

Hmmm wonder what he is like, or was it a she? Doesn't matter, I'll be able to see later anywaw. He thought

Edited by H3LL0

Well, that's one way of getting everyone inspired... Ben thought as he watched everyone split up.  Still, it had it's effect.  Well Nova, I'm going to start heading over this way to look, if you want to follow.  I haven't had much luck today so far, but it looks like things are picking up! he said as he snagged his first material of the day from the bushes.  It was fun to see a lot of people around, but he was relieved that he could at least have a linear conversation with someone if they were in pairs. 

By the way Nova, I have been looking into the guild system since you last mentioned it.  If you were still looking at making one eventually, it looks like whatever benefits you get from your guild hall are based on what kind of guild you make.  The trader's guild style seems like it would help me the best with my plans, since I'm trying to get a lot of crafting skills, but if you were going to be helping lower level players, maybe you would want a leveling guild?  I dunno...

Spoiler

Gathering roll - ID 93973
Loot die 15 - success, 1 material gained. 

Gwydion left Tressa to search under the outcropping. He wandered in a radius around her, searching for materials.

(93974 - LD 18, Success)

Soon Gwydion came upon a large boulder with stone spikes surrounding it. The area was dark, the trees quite heavy above. He circled it, searching for signs of ore, and found a glimmer on one side.

It was too high to reach, so Gwydion precariously climbed on the spikes, hoping they were dull. None pierced his foot. So he reached up and groped at the glimmer, but found his hand ineffective. He drew his sword and smashed the pommel against the surface; this would be terrible on it, but at least his group might win the contest.

The ore was eventually loose, the rock smashed. He gathered up the bits and placed them in his inventory, then returned to Tressa. "How's it going over here? Find much? I beg thee, lady luck, give us... luck."

Edited by Gwydion

"This will be easy." Outlander said smirking "Team members only slow me down." Outlander looked around the clearing, noticing a bolder. He walked over to it. "Knock knock, anyone home?" He said curiously at the boulder. He then realized that it wasn'ta lootable object. 

"I guess not." Outlander looked around, then drank his coffee, Carrot Flavored Coffee to be specific, giving him an Loot Bonus of one for future searching. He still felt weird though. He still felt as if he was being watched. Fortunately, Outlander found another spot for materials, he walked over to it. 

ID# 93981 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 2

Loot: 2

MOB: 9

Outlander shrudded, "Nothing here either." He walked toward the forest, exiting the clearing he was in. As he got closer and closer to the forest, he felt a presence, something familiar, he felt the same type thing watch him before. He stopped, realized his situation. "The Hunter becomes the hunted." He whispered under his breath. He continued to walk, but he was alert. He acted like it was normal and continued to walk. "I'll give 'em the first shot." Outlander said sarcastically glacing around the forest. 

Edited by Outlander

Vigilon was walking throughout the first floor again. However, due to the fact that he spent what was almost an all-nighter at his shop back in floor 7, he had fallen asleep. He awoke to the sound of footsteps sprinting about, followed by the sound of rustling. He got up, looked from side to side, and checked the nearby patches of overgrowth, making sure nobody was hunting him. Upon finding nobody, he made a sigh of relief. "I can't believe I'd fallen asleep. It's not like anything couldn't happen while I was asleep out in the open, outside the safe zone!" He looked to his shoulder, where Veriost was still napping. He nudged the small white frost dragon awake. "Get up, Veriost, we should be wary and alert. Who knows what could have been going on while we were sleeping." He began walking through the forest, and spotted a player wearing warm garments. Perhaps she might be doing something normal, like searching for materials? He thought about it for a minute, then decided to take his chances. "Hey, if you're looking for materials, mind if I join you?"

@Novafire