[OP-F1] Tresure Hunting

(OOC: Nobody minds if I join either, right? I mean, this is an OP thread...)

Krysta was strolling in the forest, hearing the sounds of nature, looking around at the scenery, and...hearing voices? "Probably some players or NPCs. Perhaps I could see what they are up to...I might just make a new friend!" She quickened her pace, now looking for players. Of course, she couldn't neglect the possibilities of nearby materials, either. She spotted a cotton plant, and walked over to retrieve the material from the plant. After she was done picking the cotton, she continued looking around as she walked, wondering, "Could something be going on? It could be a group fight, or a gathering trip, maybe even just social interaction...I'd be up for any of it, really..." To pass the time, she hummed a gentle tune, and was tempted to skip once or twice. Eventually, she caught sight of two players, one blonde, one brunette. She walked up until she was near, but not too close, then she asked, "Anything you two are doing today? Might I join you?"

@Tressa @Gwydion

ID# 94001 LD: 17(+1 T1 Mat)

Materials found: 1

Edited by Krysta
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben was as much into the talking and social aspects that came with such a large group, and decided to keep looking for materials as he went.  With Nova and Outlander doing so much of the talking, he figured that he would say hi to anyone who came up, and just nod and wave to everyone else who was busy elsewhere. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll - ID 94002
Loot die - 18, found 2nd material

He picked a second useful herb from the bushes.  I guess his luck was better when in a group? 

I've found another one guys... how's everyone else doing?  he asked, trying to catch sight of how they were all doing.  Most of them were a bit slow to go off, but he did see a few new players wandering in and should say something...  So, if anyone else is just joining in, you can come on over to say hi.  We're doing a scavenger hut to see who can gather the most materials, so feel free to find a group to meet up with. 

As Gwydion loitered near the boulder he heard something on the wind. He strained his ears to pick out the sound, but he didn't have to; it approached, a beautiful song. Soon a blonde young lady, white and aqua outfit, walked out of the brush. She stood on the small hill above their boulder.

Gwydion placed a hand on his blade's pommel, but kept that hidden by his position. He watched the girl. She came forward, stopping a distance away.

After listening to her words, he relaxed. "We're searching for materials." He nodded to her cotton. "The team with the most will win, though I forget the deadline. You're welcome to join us, if you wish. And, talking about materials..."

(94013 - LD 8, Fail)

He looked about for herbs, but didn't see any. Gwydion sighed. "Well, that's not the first time today. Would've been a smooth maneuver, too." He coughed. "So, yes, that's our task."

Edited by Gwydion

Nova was searching a bush under a tree when she heard the stranger, which suprised her, causing her to jump up and hit her head on a branch above her. Wha- **Thud** OW! She was bent over slightly, rubbing her head. You startled me... She looked up at the stranger qnd started giggling. Yeah, we're collecting materials in a contest. The team with the most materials wins at the end of the day, well, at three in the afternoon. She said stroking her head where the branch had hit her. You can join are team if you want, there is currently three teams, My team, Gwydions Team, and Outlander's Team, actually, Outlander is lone wolfing it. Anyway, I'm Novafire, but you can call me Nova. She took her hand of her head, revealing a pink glossy line where the branch had hit her.

@Vigilon @Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Novafire

So Vigilon accidentally startled the player, causing her to bump into a branch that fell on her head. Whoops. "Ah! I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you..." Surprisingly, the player seemed to be fine, and...started giggling. How unexpected. In fact, this is the first situation that the unintentionally startled player had a pleasant reaction after the shock of the moment. After the explanation, Vigilon thought about it. "Hmm... A contest over materials, eh? That...actually sounds more fun than just typical gathering." He then smiled and said, "I'm in. Since I probably don't know anyone else in the vicinity, I guess I'll be joining your team. I'm Vigilon. Nice to meet you Nova." Now came the hard part: The gathering itself. He looked to the left and to the right, unsure of where in this area to look first. He spotted a half-buried piece of ore in the ground. With some difficulty, he managed to unearth it. "There! That's one material down!"

@Novafire

ID# 94020 LD: 14+1=15(+1 T1 Mat)

Material Score(Vigilon): 1

Edited by Vigilon

The Dark Knight waited untill no one was around but Outlander. He walked out into the open, and spoke a short but creepy pharse the alerted Outlander. It was a poem. A creepy poem, as it was recited , it seemed as if the sun was being blocked out. Leaving a shadow spreading towards Outlanders direction.

"Here in the forest, dark and deep.

I offer you eternal sleep."

Outlander drew his sword. The dark knight did the same, except he let it drag behind him, scraping through the dirt, sparking occasionally when hitting a rock. He stopped when they were ten feet from eachother. The Dark Knight began speaking. "Are you ready to pay for the punishment of your sins? Outlander the Carless Mercanary..."

@Outlander

Edited by The Dark Knight

Searching for materials, team with the most materials, and something about a deadline...? "So you and some others are competing to find materials? I would be glad to join in!" The brunette seemed like a kind person. "My name is Krysta." Ready to help out the other two, she started looking for possible materials. There seemed to be nothing in sight. Perhaps she wasn't looking hard enough, or this area was pretty much barren. "There could be more places where materials are practically hiding! But where?" She looked to her left, then she looked to her right. Surely there may be at least a few materials in this area... It wasn't like any of this would be easy... It was like there were inanimate objects playing hide and seek with her. "If I were a material trying to stay away from view, where would I be...?" She wondered and searched, hoping to spot at least one material.

@Gwydion @Tressa

ID# 94024 LD: 2(Failed)

Materials found: 1

Edited by Krysta

@Gwydion @Krysta

ID: 94026 LD: 13

Tressa ran to keep up with her teammates, while doing so she was scouring the ground. She was hoping to find something that. "You guys find anything? My finds have been pretty lackluster so far, so I'm hoping that you guys are doing good?" She smiled and looked at the two. I believe they can do it, and I know I can, I just need to get a little bit of help. But I know I can! Just need to look harder.... Hm.... She sighed a moment and started to look

She looked at the others and sighed a moment. She wasn't going to let herself get discouraged, but it was starting to grate at her nerves that she couldn't find these materials, which wasn't that good for.

Edited by Tressa

"Novafire, Novafire, Novafire, what a drag,it would have been easier if she replied to me and told me a precise location. It'd be easier to find her that way."

Ell thought for a moment, then he came to a conclusion.

"I guess she didn't need me anymore and left. Such a drag, well, I can't let this walk go to waste. I'd better get some stuff.He sighed as he went to a brush and looked for some berries.

ID:94027 Result: LD = 11 -Fail

"Well that's normal, I never was meant for this job.He sighed.

Then at the distance, he noticed to other players, both with their weapons drawn. He kept his place behind the bush as he watched the other two fight.

"A PVP eh? The first time I'll be seeing one in this game. So, which of you are getting schooled?"

He looked to and from the two. Both of them looked scary enough for Ell to brand them as powerful so he had doubts.

"Looks like we'll see.He watched them have their talk, but the hatred on each other's eyes were clear. They were not one to back down that easily.

"What a drag, I wish I was the one out there, having a fight. I wonder how my first PVP would go.

Ell continued to watch.

Edited by H3LL0

Gwydion nodded to Krysta. "We should split up; that will help us cover more area." He waved to his group and was swallowed by the trees.

The forest was damp and cool today. He cut a path, hacking off branches in his way, until he realized that he was destroying nature's beauty and quit. As if nature's thanks, Gwydion stumbled upon a pleasant clearing with a pond fed by a tiny waterfall. A frog sprung from a lily pad, startled by his appearance. He foraged around the water's edge for useful looking materials.

(94034 - LD 7, Fail)

All he found was a four-petaled silver flower. He reflexively jerked away, then suppressed the urge to vomit.

Gwydion left and searched further. Eventually he heard an odd, rhythmic voice, though he couldn't tell what it said, and crept towards it.

He saw a blonde boy - rather young, by his size - with a white cloak. He crouched behind a bush.

Gwydion stepped slowly up to him, but his clinking armor negated his rolled footsteps. He put his head over the boy's shoulder to get a good view, whispering fast - to not startle him - "Calm! It's okay. I'm Gwydion, a friend. What's going on here?"

In his sight was a man in black, spiked armor, and another in regular gear.

Edited by Gwydion

Fight! FIght! Fight! Fight! Fight! This thought echoed in Ell's mind. He was so excited just how cool PVP would be in the Nerve Gear.

His thoughts were interrupted by a hand on the shoulder. He was already going to jump away and draw his dagger when the owner of the hand whispered to his ear.

"Calm! It's okay. I'm Gwydion, a friend. What's going on here?"

Well that was reassuring.

Ell calmed down and started to try to explain the situation.

"Uh... you see sir I uhh... just got here and uhh... the guy on black was like, saying something about the other guy paying for his sins blah blah blah, and he also called the other guy a "Careless Mercenary"."  Ell paused then continued. "Yeah... so that's all I know sir."

Ell then continued to watch the other two players who were about to fight.

"My bet is on the guy with the black armor, he is so going to crush the other guy. I'm so lucky that the player Novafire invited me here, it may not be she that I found, but boy am I lucky to have found this instead."

Gwydion was conflicted. He wanted to loom over the boy, make him uncomfortable, for a laugh. That worried him. He was supposed to be better than that.

"The best man will win. Skill hones finer than steel. Though... perhaps not in this game, where numbers rule."

He stepped away and stood up. Gwydion considered gaving up on stealth, figuring his armor would betray him anyway, and that the combatants would be too focused on their fight care; but if the black player won, he might continue his rampage. So he carefully searched his surroundings until his back protested this posture.

(94036 - LD 7, Fail)

Gwydion wasn't surprised. All he found was some sort of sad, wilted vine. He brought it back to the boy, showed it to him.

"I'm certain about one thing. My group won't win this contest. They have me, after all. How does yours fare? Oh, and..." He watched the fighters again. "Have you popcorn?"

Edited by Gwydion

@Gwydion @Krysta

ID: 94037 LD: 6

She sighed a small bit and ran a hand through her long blonde hair. It was more difficult than she expected to be finding and searching for materials. Hmmm, where or where do I get a material, this is pretty tough to do. She sighed again.

Tressa looked around and leaned down, moving some rocks and moving some grass. She looked around curiously on the ground, and almost thought she found something... but it turned out to be nothing.

Tressa sighed a bit and stood up. "I'm sorry you guys, it seems that I'm running dry on the materials department." She shrugged a bit and sighed.

Edited by Tressa

**Finally Updated My #?/ #@&$ Picture!**

"In order to insult me, you must first value your opinion. Nice try though." Outlander said drawing his sword. "Well then, looks like the madness got to you too." Outlander smirked "The Dark Knight, I heard of you, your nothing but an Amateur in a glorified helmet." Outlander stabed his blade into the ground in front of him and folded his arms on top of the blade's handle. "So, how are we going to do this, hu?" Outlander stated staring at his adversary. "Is this a fight to the death thing? Or are you going to TRY to prove a point." Outlander looked around and noticed two players watching in the distance. He decides to shout: "Don't worry, I got this!" Outlander looked back at his opponent. "I should probably add that my level of sarcasm is at the point where I don't know if I'm kidding or not." Outlander said with a grin. "No, serious." Outlander said with a serious voice. "Its a problem ..."

Word Count: 165

Edited by Outlander

The dark figure draged his sword from his behind to his front in one swift movement. challenge you to a duel. I wish to teach you a lesson on those you have hurt, and what revenge they deserve. This is not a fight to the death. Simply revenge, pure and sweet. The Dark Knight said in a dark low gritty voice . If you decline, I will kill your friends, one, by one, by one. Be warned. The Knight opened his his menu and swiped it towards Outlander. Displaying a duel page, it was a fight to untill 50% HP was left. But they could both feel the pain of being stabbed over and over. Now, chose, what shall you do? Are you a Coward? Are you Careless? I have done my research on you. I know your weaknesses...

ID# 94038 (To start the duel)

Loot = 12

Edited by The Dark Knight

Oh? You hate me? Well, join the club! We have meetings every week at the corner of f@#k you street and Kiss my A$# Boulevard!" Outlander pressed the button, accepting the duel. "The duel starts in 60 seconds" Hearing this he pulls his sword out of the ground and holds it at the ready. The Dark Knight readys his blade as well. But Outlander began judge on what the Knight had previously said and decided to stat: "You know, about what I do for a living, I'd agree with you, except then we would both be wrong." Outlander smirked. Outlander thought to himself. At least my ego is still intact. He looked at the knight with all seriousness. This is going to be too easy, maybe I'll mess with him a little, taunting in a sword fight is always a good idea. I mean, who wouldn't try to taunt someone in a fight that could possibly be to the death?

ID# 94039 (Who attacks first, thd player attacking first is The Dark Knight.)

Loot = 10

Edited by Outlander

Ryo had made no plans to attend this player ran event. It wasn't much of an event really, but more of an invitation to hang out, talk a bit and grab some materials. It was the perfect distraction he needed to get that violet-haired woman out of his mind. His hands in his pockets, Ryo walked to the predetermined meeting point which was just outside the beginning city. Taking his sweet time Ryo arrived late, noting some already new faces. Ryo raised a hand, giving them all a greeted wave. "Hey!" He said, granting them all a smile. A group of several blondes, and a smattering of brunettes. Ryo approached, looking over to his right, noting the duel that was happening. "So, what's that about?" He asked the nearest blonde. "I'm Ryo by the way. Future Hero of Aincrad. And you all are?" He asked, introducing himself to the group.

@Tressa @Krysta @Gwydion @H3LL0

"I'm certain about one thing. My group won't win this contest. They have me, after all. How does yours fare? Oh, and..." He watched the fighters again. "Have you popcorn?" The guy who introduced himself as Gwydion said as he showed Ell the vine that he had gathered.

"Hey, did you know that talking normally would be less of a drag for you and me? Like, come on man, I have to install a translator just for the sake of both of us. By the way I have no idea what you're talkin about, groups, gathering, I just got here." Ell said turning back to the fight.

Oh no. This guy tried his best to approach me, assuming I'd do nothing to him, and I just got to be this much of an a**hole to discriminate this guy. I'm not going to lose this chance, I need people by my side when the time comes. He thought.

Ell was going to start apologizing when another stranger joined the conversation.

"So, what's that about?" He asked the Ell "I'm Ryo by the way. Future Hero of Aincrad. And you all are?"

"I guess I haven't made my introduction yet. Sorry about a while ago man, you can go speak how ever you want, this is just a game after all." He said facing Gwydion. He then turned to Ryo.

"Name's Ell, this guy here is Gwydion." He said pointing a finger at himself then Gwydion as he introduced them both.

"Gwydion is a... He's uuhh... Well he's my...  He's well..." Ell said trying to say friend,  but failed to. They have just recently met after all.

Ell unconciously put his hand in the bush, trying to find berries at it's own as Ell looked at the ground, thinking what social status he had with Gwydion.

ID: 94060 Result: LD =1 -Fail

Edited by H3LL0

So many things to juggle. Gwydion was starting to feel a bit crowded.

He fought the corners of his mouth, but they won, and he gave an involuntary grin. "Well... I suppose I can try..."

"It - that being your previous remark about my mannerisms of vocalization - is presently, in the opinion that is owned, informed, and controlled (among other things) by me, unoffensive and actually contains wisdom; it has informed me of others' typical reactions to this way of making myself understood."

"Yeah, no, I can be normal, man. No prob'."

Gwydion gave a thumbs up to Ryo. "He's right. Gwyd here. Like grid, or... squid. Yeah, squid, but with a 'g' instead of a 'sk.' If you'd search for materials and say you're part of the group I'm in - I sorta forget who else is - I'd be thankful!"

He saw Ell stick his hand in a bush. Gwydion did the same.

(94063 - LD 6, Fail)

He found nothing but a few leaves and a twig. You could build a fire with that twig - it should be counted as a material, right?

The twig shattered.

Edited by Gwydion

(To those who have read my posts, this thread takes place before Hidden is being hunted :)

Walking across the first floor, Hidden and Nicholas Blackshade made their way to a player-ran gathering. From her understanding, there was groups of players, all hunting for materials. She usually would not interest herself in such affairs as they didn't involve rewards as System Events did. She would also not be participating. She came to overwatch some of the players that ran amok the first floor now. She doubted a large gathering of higher leveled players would evolve from this. As they seen their first players, Hidden began to crouch low. She meant no players any harm, just to watch. She was a bit bored, and didn't feel like helping her Boyfriend, Sey, make food today. To be honest, she really didn't like cooking and just did it to spend time with her love. "Blackshade" Hidden spoke quietly. A grunt noise was made from the boy in black combat pants and jacket with the hood down. his brown eyes gazed upon her as she continued, "Let us see what we can find out. Perhaps, this gathering becomes a large beacon screaming 'kill me Murder guilds!'" She let out a laugh and began to creep forward. They caught sight of two players dueling, and eventually were getting a good view and also remain hidden. From the looks of their gear, they were extremely low leveled. In fact, all of the players did. She could guess that she was the strongest thing in the entire area. She smiled smugly at that idea.

She heard one of the two duelers speak, the unarmored one. "Oh? You hate me? Well, join the club! We have meetings every week at the corner of f@#k you street and Kiss my A$# Boulevard!" She kinda laughed at that. To watch the weak act tough was priceless. This game was a giant Big Fish eat Small. You start small and work your way up, but usually there is something out there bigger than you. By no means was she anywhere near strong, but to these players she was a god. 

She didn't activate her hide skill, but instead just decided to sit out of normal view. 

(No needs to worry about the Hidden)