[OP-F1] Tresure Hunting

Ben sighed as he could hear the yelling in the distance.  It sounded like Outlander was making friends again... and possibly drawing in every monster in the area for some fun.  Well, if a fight broke out he could get there quickly.  The whole hunt was actually turning into a rather big event.  He hoped that was as much action as this gathering would bring... even with the healing items he had there wasn't much he could do if trouble came looking.  Until then though,  he was still going to be helping Nova with gathering for her scavenger contest it was her thing after all.

Spoiler

Gathering roll ID - 94084
Loot die 3 - nothing

Nothing this time- and Nova was busy with talking to everyone else right now.  And the ones who had stopped by to say hi were now either talking to each other or busy with Outlander's fun.  I suppose this is why big groups were better... he never knew when to butt into any big conversations going on here. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seemed to be a bit of a racket going on, but Vigilon wasn't close enough to know what was going on whatsoever. "Sounds like the others ran into monsters..." He wondered if he would be able to win this little thing. He hadn't been in a simple scavenger hunt with competition involved for, quite a while, actually. He searched through the undergrowth, soon finding yet another chunk of ore half-buried in the ground. After pulling it out, he wondered, How exactly do materials of all sorts end up in all these places? "It's like something was dragging a big bag of ore with a hole in it all over the floors, ant nature pounded them all into the ground or something! How do all these materials spontaneously end up everywhere?" He had now scored two materials for the competition. He might need to find more if he was to help the team win.

@Novafire

ID# 94085 LD: 19+1=20(+1 T1 Mat)

Material Score(Vigilon): 2

Edited by Vigilon

The two who she had joined seemed to be having no luck whatsoever in finding materials. Krysta would need to help if she and her team were to claim victory. Gwydion suggested that the three split up, which didn't seem like the best idea in her opinion. "O-oh... Well, then we'll meet back up in a bit somewhere." She began moving from patch to patch of overgrowth and undergrowth, hoping to stumble on something. She heard some noise, then began making her way towards it. As she moved along, she spotted a cotton plant. However, she tripped and fell on the material, which shattered, showing that it couldn't be gathered, or used, as a result. "Darn..." Vigilon had told her that stuff would happen, so it wasn't like he didn't warn her. She came up to the area where a scene was unfolding. Two players were about to fight, and near the undergrowth was Gwydion and two other players. She came nearby and crouched behind the undergrowth, beside the three players. Krysta actually believed that they were hoping to intervene. "How are we going to stop this? What is going on?"

@Tressa @Gwydion @H3LL0 @Ryo

ID# 94088 LD: 1(Fail, no question about it)

Edited by Krysta

Tsu had been wandering around the forest for a while, trying to find materials, thinking that if she stockpiled on them, then they would all come in handy later. So far, Tsu had found nothing even worth picking up, and she couldn't even tell where she was anymore. She hated to admit it, but Tsu had gotten herself lost in this forest. She had nothing to show for it either, but maybe today would end up being her lucky day and she could find something. 

After a few more minutes of searching, Tsu heard some yelling in the distance and debated heading over to it. "It could be a trap, but there could also be other players who actually know where they are..." Tsu thought to herself, and eventually decided on going to see whatever the heck it was. Tsu didn't walk out into the open, and instead she simply sat down behind one of the bushes and watched. There seemed to be a fight going on. Tsu wanted to step in, but her low level wouldn't help her case at all. She saw a few other heads watching as well, but Tsu would wait until it was safe enough to greet them.

ID: 94102 LD: 13 (Nothing)

Edited by Froppy

"30 seconds remaining." The announcer stated, the sound ringing throughout the forest. Outlander looked towards the forest, noticing the mass amount of players. "Holy sh#!..." Outlander said in suprise. "...we have spectators! There must be at least ten!" Outlander chuckled "Will they be entertained?" He proceed to handle the situation carelessly. "Before we fight, I just wanted to say, your flexibility amazes me..." The Dark Knight tilted his head in suprise. "... how do you get your foot in your mouth and your head up your a#$ all at the same time?" Outlander gave a grin at the knight. "I'm really gonna enjoy this..." Outlander chuckled then proceed to say: "Ahh... I'm going to hell in so many different religions..." He really thought he would, he even added: "I take boiling hot showers to practice burning hell. Its close enough without the scartissue, wouldn't you say?" He stabed his sword into the ground, then did a few stretchs, cracking his arms, then did a few push ups. Then he slapped himself, then went "I'm all hyped up! Lets do this!"

Edited by Outlander

I don't know how they end up everywhere. But, I know they just do. Nova smiled then notice something being Vigilon's head. It was on a bush sticking out of the ground. It was a very strange plant. Is that one of them? 

ID# 94134 results:

Battle: 4

Craft: 10

Loot: 5

MOB: 9.  Fail

No, nothing, I guess I wasn't so lucky. She said smiling. She heard some noises it sounded like shouting. What's going on? She ran passed everyone back to the clearing. What's happening? She reached the clearing looking at Outlander and another player about to fight. The other player wore spiked armor and closed helm. Why were they fighting? Does Outlander have enemys I'm unaware of? She noticed that there were palyers just watching from the sidelines, doing nothing. She felt helpless, but decided to handle the situation calmly. She had a plan.

@Vigilon @Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Novafire

Wait! Nova shouted as she ran into the field attracting the attention of everyone there. What are you doing? We are supposed to be working together to escape Ancraid, not against. She looked to the end of the field, at all the players that were standing by and watching. We are supposed to hold eachother accountable for our mistakes. Not let them kill eachother! Nova looked towards the Dark Knight. We are supposed to stand United. Not to tear eachother apart. We have survived everything this world had thrown at us so far, so we can continue surviving. Helping eachother, Enhancing eachothers abilities, covering eachothers weaknesses, if we can stand together, there is nothing we can't accomplish. So, why are we fighting? She looked out Outlander, who had his sword drawn. I know Outlander is not the best of characters, but is this really worth it? The announcer interupted her little speech. 15 seconds remaining...

The Dark Knight listened to what Novafire had to say, she seemed optimistic, but it is scary what a smile can hide. Afterward, he considered what Novafire had said. She's right, if she's with Outlander, then he isn't a hostile. You've given me a lot to think about. He said, canceling the fight via menu then pausing for affect. But know this... He looked directly into Novafires eyes. 

...Walls have ears.  Doors have eyes. Tree's have voices. Beasts tell lies. Beware the Rain. Beware the Snow.

Beware the man, you think you know...

Then he backed up into the forest, disappearing without a trace. He wanted to make sure Outlander couldn't be trusted, in case she was wrong about unity, and if Outlander would betray them.

Edited by The Dark Knight

"Really? Another poem? Man, this guy likes to think- um... he's not thinking inside the box, he's not thinking outside of the box, at this point, I honestly don't know were the box is." Outlander said sarcastically turning to Novafire. "Thanks for the save, I was running out of wiity remarks to use." Outlander looked towards the players saying as he walked toward them. "I told you guys that I had it handled." Outlander smiled "So, I'm seeing some faces that weren't original here. Let's see, um, oh, H3LLO, nice to see you chanting fight, that was pleasant." He said sarcastically once again. "I know you guys were here." Outlander said pointing at Gwydion, Tressa, Benjamin and Novafire. "But I don't know any of you..." He pointed at literally everyone else. "So, who are all of you? And might I add, did you enjoy the demonstration?" He yawned and streched out his arms. "Yawn... To believe in a matter of life and death... I still get bored." Outlander walked up to a nearby tree, and layed against it, crossing his arms.

Word Count: 181

Edited by Outlander

Tsu was getting more and more confused as she watched the scene unfold. One of them was spouting out poems to make the other guys look bad, or maybe it was just to mess with him, Tsu couldn't really tell without the context. She watched the edgy poet back away into the woods, and he seemed to vanish. It was easy to create that illusion with all the trees and shade. The blonde haired girl had seemed to have ended the whole fight that was about to happen, which was a relief.

When Outlander pointed at everyone else and asked who they were, Tsu froze for a second. She thought she hid herself well, but it wasn't that way it seemed. Tsu stood up from behind the bush and walked into the open. "The demonstration was a little lacking ribbit. Other than the dramatic poetry, it was a typical conflict. Just call me Tsu, ribbit." Tsu introduced herself, while also commenting on the fight. 

Ben shook his head at the whole thing, still looking around for materials as everyone else was distracted, pocketing another few herbs..  It was kinda typical for the players he saw here, though he hoped the new players he saw, Krysta and Froppy, might be a bit calmer.

Spoiler

Gathering roll - ID 94174
Loot die 20 - material found (3 total found)

Well, now that the show is over, um, I guess I'll say hi to everyone.  I'm Benjamin, not really in charge of the treasure hunt or anything, but I am here to make sure everyone who is just starting out makes it through their first few quests in one piece.  So if anyone around here is short on things for healing and needs it, just talk to me.  I always keep a few spare healing balms at my shop for players who run low.  I know it's not going to fix everything, but I want to make sure nobody is hesitant to use healing items because they're afraid of running out.  He caught his breath after that, not used to the attention his announcement is going to give him...

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

"Oh, right none of you know who I am..." Outlander said looking into the crowd of new faces. "I'm Outlander, Mercenary, Bounty hunter and professional a$#hole at your service. I should probably add Egomaniac and  to that list as well." Outlander grinned. "I just want to say, have any of you here ever listened to someone for a while and wonder, 'Who ties your shoelaces for you?' " Outlander chuckled. "I'm also that kinda person who is pretty sure their last words will be 'Are you f#ck!ng kidding me?' "Outlander looked at the people he new. "Anyway, that guy with the cyan scarf that was just talking is Benjamin Bookworm. Then that fairytale speaker over there is Gwydion. The blonde next to him is Tressa, and finally there is our optimisticly unstable host Novafire."

Word Count: 154

Edited by Outlander

Tsu sighed when Outlander introduced himself to everyone who didn't know him. Calling himself a professional a-hole, he didn't really seem to care about his reputation. "Well, it's nice to meet you Outlander, ribbit. But you shouldn't really call yourself a professional a-hole, it just makes you look like a jerk with a little bit of humor, ribbit. I never really wondered who ties their shoelaces, I more or less wonder who taught them their mannerisms, ribbit." Tsu said, putting one finger on the side of her mouth. She was being honest, but she felt she could have worded it better. 

Tsu looked over at the four players that Outlander introduced and gave a quick wave to them. "Nice to meet you all. Call me Tsu, ribbit. I hope you don't mind my presence. I lost my way and saw the fight, so I figured I could just follow you all, ribbit." Tsu explained, chuckling a little bit.

Vigilon continued to think about his material search, when Novafire started heading in the direction of all the noise. He thought for a minute, and then decided to follow as well, for multiple reasons, like not splitting up. When he noticed the scene of a coming duel, he realized the noise was a confrontation, not monsters. To Vigilon, that was worse. Drawing his sword, he asked, "Hey now, what's going on here?" If he had to intervene with a blade, he would be ready. There were players over at the side, watching the event unfold, not even stopping it! Nova stepped in and gave her reasoning, at which Vigilon prepared to sheathe his weapon, should the players see reason. Thankfully, the fight wouldn't be happening. He sheathed his blade, but watched the player in armor very closely. Vigilon really wanted to drop everything and see what he might be up to, especially with the speaking in riddles. Instead, he looked around, seeing all the other players in the vicinity. "This everybody?" He looked at the players, seeing several, including... "Krysta? Man, we just keep running into each other, don't we?" Finally, there was the one thing Vigilon had in mind in regards to the competition that was still going on: Looking for a treasure chest. He poked in through various unoccupied patches of undergrowth, but there wasn't even a sign of there possibly being a chest, much less a material. He turned to the players, wondering if he might have a chance to get to know them at the very least. He also hoped that Nova knocked some sense into their brains.

@Benjamin Bookworm @Outlander @Gwydion @H3LL0 @The Dark Knight @Krysta @Froppy

ID# 94181 LD: 9+1=10(Failed)

(OOC: Hey, @Novafire, I assume you were intervening to stop the battle and all, but double posting is not allowed unless the thread is a Solo Party or the character wins an initiative roll for PvP. Thought you would like to know.)

Edited by Vigilon

"There goes that Lil p***y." Ell said looking at the spot where the dark knight was last spotted.

"Please, call me Ell." He said as he approached @Outlander, extended his fist, and tried to make a fist bump.

"Good job standing up against that guy, I mean, with that all black emo armor, and that creepy stupid way he talks. I guess newbs will always be newbs no matter the looks huh?" He said, smiling, remembering the days when he used to put newbs where they belong.

"Well, it was such a drag when you guys stopped. There I was at the corner, waiting to get entertained, then poof! That creep backs out. Some guy to be feared he is. Anyways, what is your relationship with the Dark Knight?"

Ell looked back at the spot where he disappeared then back at Outlander. He then realised that he may have been asking too much.

"W-well you don't have to answer it. I- I mean a stranger like me, prying in to your life definitely sounds weird. Please forgive me."

Gwydion waited for a lull in the conversation, then stepped out of the brush, trying for drama.

"Fairytail speaker? That can't be argued. There will be roleplayers, my friends, in any game; even if that game is honestly just life at this point." He coughed after that momentary loss of his tone. "I'm Gwydion, a pristine player; too fresh, I'd think, since it took me twelve minutes to kill a wolf.

Now, do you see this?" He gestured at the gathering. "A mess. And I'm overwhelmed. I'd appreciate if those who wish to approach me do it alone."

Gwydion did a parting bow, but this time his back creaked. He gave a barely audible "Ow." Then he turned and strode out of the clearing, cringing; and he raised a hand, breaking off a piece of a low-hanging branch as he went.

(94190 - LD 18, Success)

It didn't shatter. "Hah! Told you it'd count! You can make a...

Oh." He muttered under his breath, "a fire, or something."

Edited by Gwydion

Hello everyone! I'm Novafire, but you can call me Nova. It's nice to meet you all! She said tilting her head while smiling. I'm your Hostess for tonight. We were doing a scavenger hunt untill the jerk came out of the woods and attacked Outlander. She looked at all the new faces. I guess Outlander was right about me being too optimistic. She added. Would anyone like to join our "game"? There is three teams, the one with the most Materials scavenged by the end of the day wins the game. Anyone interested? She smiled as she looked at all of them, knowing it was her message that gathered them here, that she would cause something fun, and normal. This is the first time she felt normal in a while, and so, she was happy.

"No, H3LLO, it's cool." Outlander smiled "I don't have a background with the guy. What I do know, is that he hunts so called 'unworthys', and I guess I fit into that category." Outlander chuckled "Fortunately, Nova here interupted the battle and convinced him to back off. Some speech to. Which was nice, I had it handled though." Outlander said looking around for some materials. "You see, he hunts what he assumes are bad guys, I'm a merc and a bounty hunter, so I can see why he attacked me of all people. 

ID# 94191 results:

Battle: 9

Craft: 2

Loot: 14 + 1 = 15 SUCCESS 

MOB: 4

"Well well well, what do we have here?" Outlander said picking a strange herb out of a tree. "Looks like I found one." Outlander took a step backward and tripped. "NOT AGAIN- Thud" Outlander yelled before he hit the ground. He heard someone ask. "Did you just trip?" Outlander responded with. "No, I attacked the floor." The same voice asked again. "Backwards?" Outlander chuckled "Im f#ck!ng talented!"

Word Count: 162

Edited by Outlander

Tsu was surprised at just how many people that had been watching the fight. She didn't know about the whole game that had been going on either, but now would be better than later to join in on the fun. The one that introduced herself as Novafire was the hostess of the whole game, so Tsu walked up to her and gave a quick wave. "Nice to meet you Novafire. Just call me Tsu, ribbit. I was just looking for a way back to town, but this game seems fun, ribbit. What team do I go on?" Tsu asked, looking around at everyone.

If the game was already in progress, she had almost no chance of winning. But it would still be fun at least, and she could make some new friends too. Tsu looked at the ground around her and sighed. She couldn't see any herbs, so she would have to go back into the woods to find some.

ID: 94204 LD: 1 (Nothing)

@Novafire

Edited by Froppy

Krysta was ready to just stand up, walk up to the player in dark armor, and say "If you wish to fight anyone at all, then stand and fight me, fiend!" She didn't want anyone getting attacked, and would take Outlander's place as challenged if she had to. Luckily, she didn't need to. Another player came and stepped in, saying that players should be working with each other rather than against, and that they should be holding one another accountable, rather than killing one another. Upon such words, Krysta responded with, "My thoughts exactly!" It was true, Krysta didn't want them to fight, and would have intervened herself if the player who was speaking didn't show up. Krysta silently agreed with the rest of the words said. The Dark Knight spoke in riddles before leaving. She looked to the other players who had done nothing to stop this fight, with her arms crossed, and looking upset. Shame. Shame on them for not caring about others' lives. She was soon spotted by... "Oh! Hello again, Vigilon! It does seem that we keep running into one another..." She walked up to the girl who intervened in the scene. "Thank you so much for that, I was actually about to intervene myself, although in a more reckless manner... I just don't understand why so many players would just stand and watch players kill one another. I certainly won't stand for it. Oh, where are my manners? I've forgotten to introduce myself! I'm Krysta." There were so many voices in the vicinity now, including Outlander, who had just mistaken Krysta for Tressa. She walked up to Outlander for one quick second at least. "Um, excuse me, but Tressa's out there looking for materials at the moment. My name is Krysta." After that, she waited for the introduction, then returned to the girl she was previously speaking to. "So you're the host? You definitely seem like a kind one." Krysta was now interested in trying to get to know the new faces as well as finding materials, perhaps she can find someone who might be willing to stand with her and Vigilon...

@Novafire @Vigilon @Gwydion @Outlander @H3LL0 @Froppy @Benjamin Bookworm @Ryo @Hidden