[OP-F1] Tresure Hunting

(OOC: @Dazia!?!? The heck are you doing here? You know what will happen if Krysta spots your character!)

Vigilon noticed that Benjamin was overhearing conversations again. "In a way, it is kind of like a dice roll, even though it's all complicated rates and algorithms." He knew what Benjamin was saying, but not exactly the others. "Evil GM? Technically a DM, but don't you mean Kayaba?" Rate, Algorithm, it didn't matter to Vigilon here, but it was the fact that a DM of a game tried to play God, resulting in the Death Game these players were all trapped in. He wondered, could there be more than just materials in this dense portion of the forest? He wouldn't know if he didn't try. Clearly, he wasn't going to pick any fights, not that he could loot any monsters as long as he was on this floor. However, there was always the thought of a chest being around... He noticed an awfully dense patch of undergrowth, and began moving some of it around. I wasn't easy to tell at first, but when he knew, he began pulling out the plants until the chest was fully revealed. "Nova! Benjamin! I found a Chest!"

@Novafire @Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 94507 LD: 19+1=20(Found a chest!)

Edited by Vigilon
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC: Calm down, Vig. I doubt any real problems are going to happen. Besides, both Krysta and Dazia have decent mitigation, so nothing except a spar that could be compared to child's play will happen, if anything involving Vendettas and Violence...)

The player noticed Dazia. He introduced himself as Outlander, aslo mentioning himself as a mercenary, bounty hunter, and sarcastic jerk. Calling yourself a jerk could mean many things, but in this case, it was probably for humor. He introduced the other two players, whose usernames were Froppy and H3LLO. They apparently would rather be known by their real names. Not that Dazia really cared about it. The only time she ever revealed her real name in this game so far was during the first two weeks after the day she killed Wardege and wound up on the run from Princess. Outlander then asked her name. "My name is Dazia. My only goal is to survive, by any means necessary." Yinangi walked up to Outlander. "And I'm Yinangi. Nice to meet you, Outlander." Dazia sighed inwardly. Either Yinangi was really brave, or still at that trusting age. She was only twelve, after all. Dazia noted to herself that searching around here probably wouldn't be the best idea until either the fog lifted, or they moved to a different spot.

@Outlander @H3LL0 @Froppy

"Ell is definitely not my real name. Not that you care."

Ell yawned and stood up. He noticed that there were four other players around him. The two he recognized, were Outlander, and Froppy. The other two girls, were strangers to him.

He then noticed the fog. 

"Why do I have the feeling that we lost this little competition of ours from the very start? It's going to be hard to look for materials with this visibility."

He yawned again and decided to try to look for some materials in a nearby bush.

ID: 94510 Result: LD= 16 -Success

He found some berries.

"Well that is my second material, how are we?"

Ell said asking for their material count.

Wow, since when did I get his comfortable with them? Ell thought.

He then noticed that one of the strangers was a child younger than him. He had no social awkwardness when interacting with children , they felt so innocent.

"Hi there!" Ell said extending his hand for a handshake. "Name's Ell."

Edited by H3LL0

Tsu sighed when Outlander introduced himself as a professional a-hole, just making himself look like a fool. Then he introduced her as Froppy at first which didn't even bother Tsu at this time, since he at least addressed her preference to be called Tsu. "Excuse my partner, he has a bit more of a... crude sense of humor than I have, ribbit. As Outlander just said, I'm Froppy, but just call me Tsu, not my real name by the way, ribbit. Nice to meet both of you, Dazia and Yinangi." Tsu introduced herself, holding her basket behind her back.

Ell seemed to have woken up which got Tsu a bit more hopeless in this competition when he pointed out the fog, seeming pessimistic about his name too. "Don't worry Ell, some of us care, Ell is just what we call you in this game, ribbit. Even with this fog, I still think we got this." Tsu said reassuringly as she checked one the bushes for more herbs, finding another one and putting it in her basket.

ID: 94512 LD: 17 (Found)

Team December Score: 6 (+1)

@Dazia @H3LL0 @Outlander

Edited by Froppy

Ben nodded as he headed to where Vigilion was looking.  Yea, I meant him.  I was trying to be a bit glib about it, I suppose... sorry.  Um, though it's awesome you found a chest here.  I don't think anyone here has the skills to help open the chest- even loot drop items don't assist you there.  I still have a few ranks in my search skill to go before I can get a mod that would help.  I think you should be the one to open it and see what you find. 

He glanced over to see what the other groups were doing, even the ones who had stumbled into some of the local fog.  Why'd they have to go around there when there was so many places to look in... typical. 

Still, his own area was not giving him any more luck.  These bushes still aren't biting, so to speak.  Maybe we should make sure we aren't all searching the same bunch of spots as the others somehow. 

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 94515
Loot die 2, nothing

(OOC: I thought that Dazia had a familiar, my bad...)

Outlander listened to what Dazia had to say. Survive by any means necessary? Sounds like my average monday to me. Outlander then spoke his usual nonesense. "Well, aren't you just a available little ray of pitch black." Outlander was really taking the any means necessary literally. "But with all seriousness..." Outlander stats, turning around to face his teammates. "...I'm going to need you guys to put those few remaining brain cells together here and work, for all we know, we could be in last place." Outlander turned back around at the TWO strange girls. "You could join if you want to, wanna tag along? Because that means two more people to make jokes about and vice versa." Outlander held out his hand as if requesting a handshake, he was currently wearing fingerless leather gloves. "What do you girls say?"

To her, from his no reaction, the man was used to every time he came around on her unawares, a dagger would be ready to strike him. She had only stabbed him this way once. She thought. He seemed pretty relaxed, unlike the man who sat to her left, who had tensed and remained staring at the players. Perhaps she should relieve him of his duties for the day and send him back. He always seemed uncomfortable around Aereth. He then made an absurd joke that earned him a dagger-like glare. "You know, I am seeing why you have so many enemies now. You always an A*s to everyone" He had a fair point, and brought something to her attention. Laughing Coffin had increasing activity. She wondered what could possibly be happening to cause it. "That is troubling, but I doubt if they are increasing number at the moment, they wouldn't do something to bring themselves to a high point of attention, unless they were done building up. They would ensure to destroy quietly that in which would hurt them." Aereth seemed rather off today. "I find this entire ordeal rather boring" She was debating on staying or not. 

@Aereth (Sorry, didn't press the post button lol)

Well, knowing that his item wouldn't help with the chest, Vigilon sighed. "Well then, that means that I'm at the mercy of this darn game's dice roll algorithms..." Moment of truth, what would the chest hold? He hesitated at first, but he brought his hand to the chest's lid. He opened it up. There was no eye where the lock should be, there were no teeth. This was a real chest. However, the results of the chest weren't as good as Vigilon hoped. Just fifty Col, two materials, and two potions. ".......You know what? let's just be glad our score still had an increase of two and that this wasn't a mimic." The area sure was dense, but what if all there was had now been gathered? Should they move to a different area? They could at least try. "I'll keep the materials and the Col, if You and Nova are alright with getting one potion each. By the way, should we double check this area, or should we move on to a different one?"

@Novafire @Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 94603 LD: 6(50 Col, 2 T1 Mats, and 2 <<Unidentified T1 Uncommon Potion>>s)

Material Score(Vigilon): 4(+2)

Edited by Vigilon

Ben took a look at the potion that Vigilion handed him.  It wasn't going to be better than anything he usually makes, unfortunately.  Honestly, why don't one of you guys keep it?  I have a bunch of potions I still have to sell, and I'd rather spend my col buying more materials than identifying something I can just make myself.  I would probably just sell it to a merchant.  He really didn't like the chests on these first couple of floors.  They barely had anything worth having in them, and all the consumables were just so freaking expensive to get identified.  Maybe he should have been a merchant.  Well I'm glad it wasn't a mimic either.  As much as I've been meaning to get some friends together for some monster hunting, this isn't exactly the best place to do so.  Plus I have no idea who's level the mimic would spawn at. 

Spoiler

Gathering roll ID 94620
Loot die 6, nothing

Dazia took off her hood. H3LLO woke up and introduced himself to Yinangi, offering a handshake as well. While she shook his hand, she introduced herself. "Nice to meet you, sleepyhead! My name is Yinangi!" Dazia heard how Froppy- no, Tsu seemed to talk. "Yinangi better not start making frog puns..." Yinangi looked at Tsu and tilted her head to the side in curiosity, and seemed to be in thought for a second. "Hmm... Hey, Dazia, this game's setting is in the middle ages, right? If so, I think we might be able to help. Once our search for today is done, we could find a Prince!" "Yinangi..." Dazia facepalmed, if anyone else didn't get it, even if the offer was out of kindness, she certainly did. In a softer tone than normal, she said, "*sigh* Honestly, it's like watching a child sometimes...oh, wait." The sarcasm made it clear for those who heard her speak. Outlander then called Dazia a ray of pitch black. She mildly smirked at his comment. "So, you need help searching? If you want my advice, you three should start by moving to a spot where the fog won't bother you."

@H3LL0 @Froppy @Outlander

Krysta listened to Gwydion's memory that was spoken aloud. It almost seemed sad, really. Gwydion managed to pull up an unusual plant from the pond's depths, but the momentum caused a few droplets of water to splatter onto the back of Krysta's garments. "Oh! Hm? Ah, don't worry about it, hahaha..." Gwydion asked another question regarding the rates. "Hm...It's probably just some kind of rate that makes it all similar to dice rolls, but not exactly." When she thought about the unusual material, she said, "How is it that there can be so many unusual things that could be useful, like that pond celery you found? Most likely, it just has some alchemical properties, but still..." She turned to the fog, where she thought her eyes were tricking her for a moment. She thought that she might have recognized someone, but she couldn't tell. "Gwydion, is it possible for one to start...seeing things within a fog? Because I believe I'm seeing someone who might be familiar..." This topic remained on her mind as she continued her search. She looked throughout the different patches of undergrowth, but either their luck was running thin, or she couldn't stop thinking about who she thought she saw.

@Gwydion @Tressa

ID# 94628 LD: 4(Failed)

Edited by Krysta

Tsu had been having good luck so far, but it seemed to be running out as she couldn't spot anything else in the fog. Her tongue started to hang out of her mouth subconsciously, and she didn't even notice. Yinangi said that they could help, and maybe even find a prince. Tsu just sighed, and then giggled a little bit. "Good one. I've heard worse jokes about me, ribbit. I like your advice Dazia. I have just been following Outlander around, I don't really know this area that well though. This fog is a bit annoying, rrrrrribbit." Tsu said looking at the ground. She couldn't even see her feet at this point. It was making her a little uneasy. "I'll just check the trees for a little bit. You can keep walking, I'll keep up, ribbit." Tsu said, jumping up onto one of the branches of a nearby tree and looking through the leaves.

ID: 94633 LD: 1 (Failure)

Team December Score: 6

@Dazia @Outlander @H3LL0

Edited by Froppy

"There's nothing about fog that produces illusory images. Mental illness does that easily, though." Then he realized the implications of that. Gwydion waved his hands. "I'm not accusing you. Actually, I'm not telling you to relax, either; let's keep an eye out, just in case."

He returned to his work, keeping an eye or two on the fog. If something was there, he'd rather not it surprise him; despite that he couldn't do anything about it anyway, given his stats.

Gwydion saw a frog leap from one lilly pad to another. He rounded the pond until he was on its side then waited.

(94636 - LD 15, Success)

The frog went for an absentminded jump to land, not noticing Gwydion's outstretched arms. He scooped the little guy up, took him to some place out of view, then stabbed him. Gwydion shrugged. There was another material, at least.

He went back to Krysta. "Have you tasted frog?"

Edited by Gwydion

Outlander was pretty much ignoring everyone else at this point, he then while everyone was still talking, began walking off, not that he cared if they noticed. He began walking through the fog. Thats when he heard Yinangi say:"...Once are search is done, we could find a prince!" Outlander chuckled. "Well, glad to see someone is enjoying themselves." Outlander looked in the tree above, nothing was in sight, he really thought he saw something useful, but he passed it off as part of the environment. He sighed, walking through the fog. It was suprizingly quiet. It kinda reminded him of all the horror games he used to play, just to get a little kick into his day, trying to scare himself. This was a hobby of his at on point, now, he feels as if the game does it for him. He thought back to his first guild, to felicity, barrett, and sam. Then he thought about the tragic events that followed. "If only I was there..." Outlander said to himself. "Everything could have been different, they could still be alive."

ID# 94637 results:

@Dazia @H3LL0 @Froppy

Loot: 13

Edited by Outlander

(OOC: @Benjamin Bookworm, I'm sorry if I didn't put it into words correctly or anything, but I haven't given the potions yet. Besides, although I was going to keep the materials by default, it was still an option to hand you the Col instead.)

Vigilon listened to what Benjamin said. "Don't sweat it, Ben. If that's what you think, I'll give you the Col. This was part of why I had an 'if' in my previous words anyway." He had to just continue gathering for now, if he was to try and help his team win. Hopefully, he would end up with another streak of finding. He looked around the current area once more, but found nothing whatsoever. Either they had cleaned this area out, or Lady Luck was more fickle than Vigilon imagined. "Could easily be those dang algorithms..." He knew the area was dense, but even a place with plenty of materials had limited stock, which would probably refresh in about several hours, or when nobody was around. "Should we move to a different spot? I don't seem to be finding anything, except for this chest of small reward, that is." He didn't know what to do, so he would see what his teammates thought before taking any action.

50 Col Given to Benjamin Bookworm

1 <<Unidentified T1 Uncommon Potion>> Given to @Novafire

ID# 94707 LD: 8+1=9(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon

Awesome, that will help out.  Thanks man. Ben said to Vigilion.  I suppose that moving around a bit might help.  I guess we never really know unless we try.  Hey, did Nova say how long the scavenger hunt would be ending?  After a certain time, or just when everyone starts getting bored?  I figure we will probably just go until we rack up a good amount for everyone, right?

He grabbed the col and placed it into his inventory, before he checked out the next few bushes down the way.  If they were going to start moving, this seemed like as good a direction as any.  Within a few seconds, he found a few pieces of leaves that glowed in his HUD.  Nice, I got another one.  Maybe this direction is going to be a lucky one after all.  If you want to start moving down this way I think we can get a good haul. 

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 94736
Loot die 20 - got material (6 total)

Krysta thought about what Gwydion said. "Then perhaps I should see if that really is who I think that is..." Before that, however, she would make one more attempt to look around this area. She tried to see if there was anything in a patch of reeds growing at one edge of the pond. She didn't happen to find anything, and sighed. She felt something slightly slimy on her arm. It could have easily been Gwydion. Possibly. She was going to turn and say that she was alright and didn't need comforting, but she ended up filling her face with absolute shock when she realized it was a bullfrog on her left arm. She shrieked and began wildly moving her left arm as she began stepping back. When the bullfrog jumped off, she lost her balance and fell on her back. When she got up, she was hoping things wouldn't get worse. Gwydion, sadly, had words to do just that. He asked her if she had tasted frog. "Agh.... Erm, no, and I'd rather not..." Hand over her mouth, she began stepping backward again, trying to think of positive thoughts, breathe, and not let her face express any further disgust, or worse, turn green. She closed her eyes to try harder to focus on positive things, but she ended up walking backwards into the fog and bumping into the person she originally thought of going to.

@Gwydion @Tressa

@Dazia

ID# 94750 LD: 1(Fail, no question about it.)

Edited by Krysta

Dazia heard Tsu's response to Yinangi's pun, as well as her thoughts on Dazia's advice. "This fog would conceal most materials from view. Most likely, either something will come, or one of us will bump into something that we'd rather not deal with." Tsu jumped up into the trees, and Dazia looked to Yinangi, hoping she wasn't thinking of any other terrible puns regarding Tsu. "Guess we're all just gonna hop to it, then." "That's not making anything better, Yinangi..." However, fog or not, Yinangi was actually right, in a way. If they were going to get anywhere, they would have to start searching. There didn't seem to be anything nearby, and Outlander had also disappeared from view, probably deeper into the fog. "If it weren't for this fog..." She heard some rustling. She looked to her left, she looked to her right. Then someone bumped into her from behind. "Hey! watch where you're going!" She turned around to see... "Oh, great, it's Princess..."

@H3LL0 @Froppy @Outlander @Krysta

ID# 94757 LD: 7(Failed)

Edited by Dazia

Tsu looked through the leaves some more staying above the fog so she could actually stay. Outlander had disappeared, along with Ell, or at least Tsu couldn't see them in the fog anymore. Dazia and Yinangi were still here, so at least she still had someone to talk to while she gathered mats for her team. Yinangi made another frog pun, while Dazia told her that it wasn't making things better. "Yeah, the puns are funny, but I'm not a frog, ribbit. I'm a normal person too, rrrrrrrrribbit." Tsu said, getting slightly irritated by the puns that Yinangi was making about her. 

Tsu found an apple in the tree, and then proceeded to put it in her basket. "The trees are still good to look through, even with the fog, ribbit." Tsu said as she got ready to leap over to another tree. She held the handle of the basket with her tongue, and the jumped to the next branch. Tsu was about to start looking through the leaves on that tree when Dazia and another girl bumped into each other. Neither seemed happy to see each other, so Tsu decided to just shut up and watch. But then the other girl pulled out a rapier and challenged Dazia to a duel. "H-Hey, you guys don't have to fight, ribbit. I don't know the whole backstory here, but killing someone for revenge is just going to create a chain of deaths, which solves nothing, rrrrrrrrribbit." 

ID: 94759 LD: 20 (Success)

Team December Score: 7

@Dazia @Krysta

Edited by Froppy

At first, Krysta had no clue who she had bumped into. "Oh! Ah, I'm sorry, I didn't see where I was-" She turned around during what was supposed to be an apology, but then she saw who it was, and there was no mistake as to who it was, fog or no. Besides, things happen to get a little clearer in a fog the closer you are to what you're looking at. "YOU!!!" She pulled out her rapier. It didn't matter to her if this was a bad time, it was personal. "Did you truly believe you could remain hidden from sight forever, Dazia? I told you a while ago that this wasn't over, so here we are, and I will not let this chance slip past me!" She stepped back a few steps, then pointed her weapon towards Dazia, while she pulled up her menu to send a challenge to Dazia with her other hand. "This will be for you, Leif, you will not have died in vain!" Now all Krysta had to do was wait for Dazia's response. "Well? Shall you stand and fight, or will you take the actions of a coward? Nevertheless, justice will be done!"

Krysta has challenged @Dazia to a duel!