[OP-F1] Tresure Hunting

Ben had been wandering about the woods a bit more trying to clear his head a bit before heading back to the clearing to meet Nova.  Hey everyone... wow everyone got here fast.  Um, Hey Nova.  I got six pieces of material for our team, so you can add that to what everyone else has.  I lost track with you so busy keeping up with everyone else.  And it looks like I'll have a lot of competition with that... he said as he watched the girls who had been fighting before.  Krysta was at least looking a bit calmer, and Dazia was poking fun at one of the other players he hadn't been introduced to.  And of course Outlander was being his usual loud self.  He forced a smile to his face, hoping that this wouldn't turn into a large, angry argument- or worse.  We certainly had enough personalities here for that to happen. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outlander showed up and acknowledged the players around, noting Yinangi as "What's-her-face", and not seeming too pleased when he acknowledged Vigilon. He asked the player apparently known as Novafire if the competition was over yet, so that he could rub his ego into others faces. By now, Yinangi had something to say to him. "Speak for yourself, Mr. Nobody." "Oh no not this again." Dazia lightly elbowed Yinangi, as a way of telling her to stop. Yinangi looked at Dazia with a smirk on her face. "I'm on a roll now, you can't stop me." From this, Dazia knew she wasn't intending to be done anytime soon. She facepalmed as the next words were coming out. "Hmm, Exuberant, Galling, Overconfident. Yeah, that sums it up right there, it even spells ego!" Dazia knew this could potentially be a problem. "Yinangi...please shut up..." "Before you make things worse..."  Yinangi either wanted to see how far she could get to him with something that harms one's ego, or just plain insult him, from what Dazia guessed, although it wasn't entirely true.

@Outlander @Novafire @Vigilon @Krysta @Froppy @H3LL0 @Benjamin Bookworm

H3LLO walked up to Outlander, and ask where the hell he has been. "Well, odviously, I was doing something shady. Almost forgot, who did I hand my dignity to? I'd like it back now." Outlander said with his eyes closed.Untill Yinangi commented on his ego, he sat up, his response was: "Oh, really? You know, have you ever looked at someone and wonder why no one has bought them a toaster for their bathtub? Because I'm definitely considering buying this not-so-existant of a person a toaster for that very reason." Outlander smiled, he knew this was easy pickings, someone to make funny of that eventually isn't driven to suicide. Amazing what an NPC can do, mentally, well, only if you were to consider a server a brain.

(OOC: Yinangi is an NPC PLAYER, meaning she is among the players trapped in the game. She just doesn't have an actual account.)

Outlander sat up when Yinangi had made her remark. His words got to Yinangi, since they had to do with one of the few things that bothered her. The words "Not-so-existant" seemed to portray that he either thought she was an NPC, or was treating her like one. She placed her fists on her hips and huffed. "Does this green cursor mean nothing to you, or are you just not paying attention?" She said as she pointed to the cursor other players could see. "I've got a soul, too, jerkface!" Dazia shook her head. This would either lead to a heated argument or a fight if things were to escalate, which it seemed highly possible. Judging from the "toaster in the bathtub" response, Yinangi had really seemed to get under his skin if he was considering ending her life. That was, until he smiled. "Why does it seem like I'm among the few people who are actually sensible around here?"

(OOC: So, essentially, she is using a guest account?)

"Im sorry, I mean, easy mistake. I thought you were a NPC. I mean, you certainly act like one." Outlander said tilting his head. "You kinda look like one too. Pff... Sometimes, some people, just need a high five, to the face, with a chair." Outlander shrugged, he was getting bored quickly, and the only person that stepped up against him in some way was Yinangi. And that was as easy as, well, using a microwave. He layed back down. Stretching out his arms and legs. Looking towards the skyline, thinking: Kayaba Akihiko, you son of a b#tch. Of all the games you could have trapped me in. You had to trap me in a game full of idiots? Now tell me, what level of hell is this? I can't stand those that don't have brain cells!  They are as useful as a screen door on a submarine!

(OOC: Not at all. It's much more complicated than that, actually. I'm sure there are staff members with some knowledge of NPC Players you could message. Not only that, but last time I checked, somewhere in the tutorials, there is a FAQ where there should be some minor information regarding NPC Players. From what I know, they are created by players with accounts, in a manner similar to other entities that aren't the player the account owns. They can contribute to story and rp, but cannot be given stats/rolls unless they are fighting/dueling with an actual player. There are also some other restrictions that I haven't fully learned of.)

Krysta seemed to have arrived in time, and things would be drawing to a close at some point, if not soon. The white haired girl that was accompanying Dazia made a comment on ego, which seemed to be directed at Outlander. Dazia tried to discourage her from that, but it didn't seem to work. Did this Outlander have an ego issue, or was the girl just poking fun at him? Most likely, it was both, from where this began to lead. Outlander responded to the girl's comment in a rather offending way, which included one of many ways of murder, then he smiled. "W-why would you even DO that? Why would you dare to give someone such a death threat, while keeping a smug smile on your face?" The white haired girl took quite the offense over being called not-so-existant. Outlander's next comment that was in response to the girl's response wasn't good either. He said that she acted and looked like an NPC, then said another rude comment involving harm. "I'm starting to wonder if what the dark armored brute said about you was true." Krysta was offended by how he seemed to act. Why did he have to be so cruel?

@Outlander @Dazia @Vigilon @H3LL0 @Benjamin Bookworm @Froppy @Novafire

(OOC: That only left me more confused and dissatisfied)

"Well the answer to that question is quite simple. You see, Im a heartless soulless b#st#rd  that can't feel emotion or comfort so I take out my inner darkness on others to fill the void were my soul should be." Outlander paused realizing that Kyrsta was offended by his previous comment. "Oh wait, your offended? Tell me more about how that instantly makes you right." Outlander said. "Look. I don't hate people, I'm just not necessarily excited with their existence." Outlander pointed back at Yinangi. "Like her for example." Outlander paused realizing all eyes were on him. "Alas, all good things must come to an end. Friendship, Love, that one week trial of Netflix." Outlander paused for effect. "...and spoiler alert: We all die. Some are just stuiped enough to die sooner rather then later. If you want an example, take a look around you." Outlander finally got into a comfortable position. "Now if you'd excuse me, I would like to continue my day of "No f#cks given" and please, no more suprises."

Edited by Outlander

(OOC: Sorry for dropping in so late. I planned on joining early, but school got in the way, and you guys had already started the gathering hunt. ;-; Figured I'd drop back in near the end. I don't mind if I don't get enough posts in to get any rewards; please, carry on. Also, please do note this post isn't a real reflection about how I feel about anybody in this thread, lmao.I don't plan to have this escalate any further, either. This is just to establish a baseline for a relationship with the character of Outlander.)  

Pinball hadn't been watching for very long; he had no idea why such a huge group of people were gathered. He didn't care, either, because all he saw was red. He had heard over and over how this man seemed so hell-bent on talking down to others. His condescending attitude and vulgar language was more than enough to put the normally timid boy in a range. 

Pinball emerged from the forest, one hand tightly gripping his demonic weapon. "Oi," he growled, anger tinting his voice. "You. Who the hell do you think you are? What level are you? Three? Four?" He spat, a malicious glare on his face. "I don't like that lip of yours." He shook his head, an icy aura surrounding the boy's weapon. "You don't have a right to talk to them like that, see. You spout this condescending nonsense, and have the nerve to threaten others so blatantly." He kneeled down, a single finer lifting the man's head up to meet his eyes. "I think you're an idiot. Just another nutjob who think they're more special than they are. Threaten these people one more time so I have an excuse to deal with you personally." He grinned, but his face was serious, and he gently pat Outlander's cheek. "I don't know you, and I don't claim to know you. But in the few minutes I got to hear the crap you spout - I know I don't like you. I've got no love for people like you." He took a step back, an uncharacteristic frown on his face. "I'd like to hear some of the stuff you've been saying to these people. Enlighten me.

He crouched again to face the sitting player, his spear supporting his weight. He nodded, his face stern. "No, please. Do it." Then he smiled, and his face got a bit red. "Nah, I'm just messin'. Don't be such a meanie bombini.

@Outlander

Stats: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 19 | HP: 380 | EN: 38 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 6 |

Equipped: 

• Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, +1 Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 4
  • Fishing 
  • <<Empty>>
  • <<Empty>>

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• <<Empty>>

Edited by Pinball

"And this is why newbs should just learn to shut their mouths." Ell said as he eyed Outlander

Oh well, look's like proud over confident a**es like this one always find a way to sneak inside a wonderful game. He thought.

Ell started to walk away from Outlander.

"I would stop now if I were you, getting a bad reputation for any just sucks in my opinion... Unless of course that is what you want and you just don't give a f**k." He sighed as he went back to Froppy's side, he turned to Froppy and said,

"If you have the slightest care of our little team mate there feel free to go, I just wanted you to know that I thought that the three of us would be a start of a great friendship, but sadly, things changed when you know..." 

Ell paused as he clenched his fist.

"Telling a twelve year old to commit suicide? I don't think I want to be with someone like that."

@Outlander @Froppy

Edited by H3LL0

Outlander began to speak again, but it wasn't any more pleasant from the last time he spoke. "If you don't watch your tongue, someone may decide to cut it off." She said in a manner close to a growl. Outlander continued to speak, saying that although he didn't hate people, but wasn't excited about their existence, and pointed to the white haired girl, making her an example. The very thought. He then spoke of the inevitable end, then just expected everyone to leave him be. He had finished speaking, but what all that he said ended up doing was riling Krysta up. "Why you careless, cold-blooded miscreant of a beast!!" She drew her rapier, her eyes ablaze. She glared at Outlander. "The minute you commit a crime, I shall not hesitate to vanquish you!" She was a justified young woman, and would not stand for any of this. "The heavens have no place for you, foul monster..." Right now, she would be ready to start a duel, but this time, she wanted to see if the other players had the same thought. "The light of justice always wins in the end, while the darkness retreats into the realm of suffering from whence it came!" She wondered, how would he respond to all this hate he was getting?

@Outlander @Dazia @Vigilon @H3LL0 @Benjamin Bookworm @Froppy @Novafire

Dazia watched as Outlander spoke again. Yinangi growled at what was said. Princess, as expected, didn't take the comments very well. Outlander then began to speak again, first to answer Princess's inquiry. He then said that he didn't hate people, but wasn't excited about their existence, then pointing to Yinangi to make her the example for that. Yinangi crackled her knuckles. "If what you want is a nice big knuckle sandwich, I'd be happy to oblige your tall order. I'll add in plenty of dark red sauce...which will go over here, over there, and waaay over there, staining  the trees!" He realized everyone was watching him, and spoke of the inevitable that awaited all, before finishing up with the expectation that the players around would leave him be. "What a nut-brain...This moron just got almost everybody to hate him. All it takes is to not watch your tongue, or to do something that offends everyone, and boom, you're everyone's most wanted." Princess had an outburst and drew her blade. "Aaaand here we go." She told Outlander that the moment he committed a crime, she wouldn't hesitate to kill him. "She isn't kidding, she'll do that." Princess then proceeded to speak of the whole "Light and Justice" thing. "Well, that's Princess for you."

Outlander rolled his eyes at the uproar,  he was currently standing up. "First of all, H3LLO and the New guy,  shove off, I have enough morons to deal with currently. Second of all, where there is light there will always be the shadow of darkness. Third of alll, Yinangi, you are as intimidating as a dead puppy. Fourth of all, Dazia, I can see why you have had a fight with Kyrsta."  Outlander rolled out his arms in a strech, he opened his menu.  He checked the time, and looked at Nova. "Um... its 3, maybe the rest of the cast just got lost... I would understand. I would want to get lost. Because from the moment I meet you people, I knew, I was gonna spend the rest of my life avoiding all of you." Outlander paused, then said. "Well, that pretty much raps things up here." Outlander sat down and opened his menu, and began messaging someone. It ended up becoming an intense texting chat. His eyes suddenly darted towards the clearing end. Into the forest. "I've, um, I've got to go, be right back."

"Man. You sound like an edgy thirteen year old trying to act cool." Pinball sighed, stood up, and backed away. He would have struck Outlander right there, but he knew better. Luckily for both Outlander and Pinball himself, the fisherman was practically a pacifist; he wouldn't harm a fly. He'd feel too bad for it. That pity was the same thing he felt for Outlander right now. How could someone like this get trapped in SAO? Outlander was going to be a problem in the future, for sure. Pinball shook his head, a concerned look on his face. "You call us morons, but you're the one acting stupid, dude. Can't you see that? I hope one day, you can let go of your anger. It won't get you anywhere." Pinball shrugged, letting his shoulders slouch. He looked back to the group, ignoring Outlander's comment about leaving, and realized how stupid Pinball himself had sounded. He'd been angry, but he definitely wasn't as threatening as he thought he had sounded. It was all well and good; it was deinitely not a characteristic that fit the boy. "H-hey," he said to the others with an awkward wave. His face was bright red, and his voice cracked a bit. "I'm Pinball. Nice to meet ya.

"Oh? Is that so? Sweetie, leave the sarcasm and insults to the pros. You might hurt youself, now go play in traffic." Outlander said to Pinball. He turned and walked to the woods, to finish something. He approached a dark figure, it wasn't a familiar one. He didn't need stealth on at the time, it was deemed, unnecessary. The figure was wearing all black with a white mask. He was standing under a tree folleage so dense it practically made him blend in to the surrounding darkness, and that was with stealth off. "I highly doubt anyone would have followed me..." Outlander said to the figure. "...because that would require a brain. Also, because no one would follow a jack#ss." Outlander said looking behind him, all the players were still there. But this wont hold for long. He looked back at the figure. "You know what to do. Assemble the Pact. We clear the area tonight. No one will see us coming. He turned around, and he moved so fast and quietly he was already behind him, this suprized Outlander. The dark figure then pointed at the others. "No, not them, they aren't a target." Outlander said looking over at them. "But you know who is..." Outlander looked back at the figure, he was gone. "I need to get that guy a bell."  Outlander walked back towards the group, doubting that anyone saw what happened.

@Nevermore IV

Edited by Outlander

(OOC: No one can loot any new materials past this point. If you do, you will be cheating!)

Ok, everyone! Nova said cheerfully. She then looked at Pinball. Sorry Pinball. You missed out on the game... Maybe if there is a next time though. She smiled, and looked back into the crowd. Ok, everyone, listen please! Everyone count their team total material count, then we get to see who won! She sounded happy, You do get to keep all materials you found. Which is the best part! Nova went to her group, which was Vigilon and Benjamin Bookworm. Ok, how much did we get, I don't remember. She really didn't she fell asleep, and her memory got a little fuzzy, she has trouble remembering little things. This was a problem before this game. She never seemed to remember anything unless it was very important. Matter of fact, she didn't think she remembered all of her teammates!

@Vigilon @Benjamin Bookworm

Tsu had watched the whole ordeal take place with Outlander and Tsu was getting a bit frustrated. He was being too edgy for his own good, and he managed to get everyone here to hate him. When Ell told her that he wanted the three of them to be friends, but the chance was wasted, Tsu nodded her head. "Yep, Outlander is just not a great guy. But the two of us can be buds, ribbit.Tsu told him as she watched Outlander walk off for a little bit. 

Tsu's attitude was lifted when she saw Pin arrive, "Hey Pin, ribbit. I didn't think you come to something like this. Or well, anything public for that matter, ribbit." Tsu told him, walking up to Pin and patting his shoulder. She had not expected Pin to come at all, but with the whole Outlander ordeal, it was better to see him.

Nova announced for everyone to count their total materials within the teams, and Tsu pulled out her basket and started to count with Ell. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. We got 8, ribbit. We'll split it 50/50, I keep 4, you keep the other 4, ribbit. Nice working with you on this Ell, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu said, before standing up and walking over to Nova with the basket and showing her the 8 materials. "Team December got 8 materials, ribbit. I'm hoping we got at least second. But it was all fun in the end. Thanks for setting up this whole game by the way, rrrrrribbit.Tsu thanked.

Tsu then walked up to Outlander, glaring at him at she walked. "I thought we could be friends, but you clearly are just a terrible person, ribbit. This game has broke you, whether you like it or not, and I think we would all appreciate it if you kept your edgy mouth shut, rrrrrribbit!" Tsu shouted at him. Tsu then turned head back, before slapping Outlander across the face with her tongue. She walked back over to Ell and Pin and giggled a little bit. "That was really satisfying, ribbit."

@Novafire @H3LL0 @Pinball @Outlander

Team December Score: 8

"Every time I hear the word edgey in a description. I constantly think that the person whom said it, has the mental age of six." Outlander sighed, and proceeded to say to himself. "This is what happens when I get trapped in a place full of idiots that don't understand sarcasm nor dark humor, where is the smart people? Are they all dead? Am I the last one left?" Outlander was suddenly slapped by something, slimy. It was Tsu's tounge. He may or may not have said something about this... "Tsu, Tsu, Tsu... I know your my teammate and all, but my nerve is wearing thin. And by wearing thin, I mean you are one comment away from being b#tch slapped so hard, Google won't be able to find you." Outlander waved his hand in dismissal. Walked up to Nova and said. "Can you hurry up, I really don't like these people... Especially that one, with her deformed frog tounge thing." Outlander proceeded to point at Tsu.

He nodded to Novafire, smiling, his face a bit red. "Ah man, that sucks. Yeah, maybe I can join next time." That was disappointing. He seemed to have missed some kind of gathering competition, judging from what she said afterwards. It sounded like fun - if Pinball hadn't intervened, maybe things wouldn't have escalated like they had. 

Pinball had wanted to back off, but instead, he put the boy in another rage. "I think my nerve is wearing thin, too," he snapped, shoving Outlander aside. The man had no right to act like this to such friendly people. "I think you deserved that slap, as... unhygienic as it was." He shook his head. "You need to leave. Now." Pinball was angry, but it was much more suppressed than the outburst he had originally had. "If I hear you messing with any of these people again, you're going to regret it." He stared at Outlander angrily, his grip on his spear tightening. "Your ego is disgusting. I'd love to wipe that condescending smirk off your face," he growled, taking a step forward as if he was going to attack, but he stopped, "but I might accidently kill you. We wouldn't want that, would we? Surely someone as smart as you knows who to pick fights with and who not to. Guess which one I am." He forced a grin, but his heart was racing in his chest. He was not inclined to threats of this sort, but he had adapted to the situation, and the adrenaline made him feel light headed. He threw Outlander's words right back at him. "Take your materials and shove off. I've got enough morons to deal with already."

Edited by Pinball

Outlander began laughing at Pinball's remarks. "Hahaha, wow, ha, thats kinda funny. You kill me? I doubt anyone would kill anyone over a conversation, sure, slapping is a thing that I'm fine with. But hey, that sure escalated quickly!" Outlander said laughing under his breath. He was in a full smile. "Someone help! This game of Pinball is killing me!" Outlander paused, and thought for a second. "You know, Pinball is a crappy name for a killer. If I was a killer, I would call myself, 'The Suspense' so my victims would scream, "Ah the suspense is killing me!". Then we would laugh a bit before they died. Anyway Pinball, perhaps we haven't met properly, I'm Outlander, professional bounty hunter and a-hole." Outlander said sarcastically. "Besides, if you really were to kill me, my only regret would be not telling enough people to f#ck off." 

Vigilon sighed when Dazia and Yinangi burst out laughing, saying denial was the clincher, fairytale cliché, and other demeaning, embarrassing stuff like that. "Please stop...not cool." Outlander came around, and didn't seem too thrilled about Vigilon's presence. He spoke to Nova, asking if the event was over so that he could rub his ego in everyone's faces. To Vigilon, there were two kinds of ego. The ego where one didn't want to admit that they had ego, but would practically kill you if you harmed it, like his frenemy from the real world, April Darren, and there was the ego where they say they have ego because they're such an egomaniac that they don't care about nobody but self, and will also respond poorly to anything that harms the ego, like Outlander here. Outlander walked up to Vigilon, and whispered into his ear, "Revenge is beneath me, accidents however, while happen..." "I'll show you an accident, you self-centered, idiotic-" He glared at Outlander as the egotistical player walked over and lay down beneath the trees.

Yinangi seemed to have a few words for Outlander, regarding ego. "Yeah, get him. Get him right there..." "Heh, well then, maybe you should give me a few pointers about poking at one's ego. It ought to give me some fresh new anti-ego lines for my frenemy back in the real world!" Outlander took the response poorly, which was to be expected. What wasn't expected, however, was the assumption that the white haired player was an NPC, at which she huffed and pointed to her green cursor as she spoke to him. Krysta was offended by Outlander's words, and she asked him why he would even do that. After the second offensive comment, the white haired player growled, and Krysta said she began to wonder if what the dark armored player said was true. Outlander answered Krysta's question, and made some other rude comments, resulting in the third offense. The white haired player spoke of giving Outlander a knuckle sandwich, with lots of dark red sauce that would go all over the area staining the trees(which lead Vigilon to believe she was threatening to spill his blood, so to speak, even though players didn't really bleed in this game). Krysta had an outburst. She seemed just as enraged as she was back when she'd first run into Dazia. Pinball had also appeared to the scene, speaking of what he thought about Outlander. It was time Vigilon had a say in the matter. Of course, before he had a chance to speak, Outlander spoke to almost all the players, then began messaging someone before entering the forest.

Vigilon decided to get a little closer, but not too far away. He backed up a bit once he heard a voice, and some rustling, and vaguely, something about... "Say what now? Target?" He wasn't able to discern the rest, so he walked back to the others, suspicion clearly on his face. Once Outlander returned, Tsu had a few words to say, and something to do that the idiot deserved. Outlander then threatened Tsu, saying his nerve was wearing thin. Pinball had a similar opinion, but it was towards Outlander. Outlander made fun of what Pinball had said to him. Now was the chance for Vigilon to speak, now that he had the chance to do so. "Outlander, you're testing everyone's nerve here. You've said things that, if it were possible, would have given you an achievement for most people pissed off within twenty-four hours. You've behaved like a total jerk to everyone...and let's not omit the time I caught you about to do something stupid. You, the way you act, the way you are, your ego, all of it has really gotten me to see how well I can keep myself from drawing my sword right now. Also, by the way, you talking to one of your friends? Something about some kind of target? Whatever the case, allow me to say, no, no I don't think so. So here's a possible choice, given your situation. You can leave, and take anyone you're working with along with you, or you could stay, anger everyone even further as you take the risk of doing something stupid, which just might get you killed. So, what will it be?"

As soon as that was over, he began counting up what materials he'd found. He pulled four out of his inventory. He walked over to Nova. "Sorry about all that. Anyways, I've got four materials here."

@Outlander @Dazia @Krysta @Benjamin Bookworm @H3LL0 @Froppy @Novafire @Pinball

(OOC: Sorry about the extensively long post that took me about an hour to figure out and type up.)

Spoiler

So here are some potatoes :)Potatoes.thumb.jpg.5508c509596dd655a2bb4ef066f7b45e.jpg

Edited by Vigilon