[OP-F1] Tresure Hunting

Ben was glad to see things going back into a more normal conversation today.  It was getting a bit intense there for a little bit of time. Well It's good to see some smile on people's faces nowadays.  If you guys (and gals) are still trying to join the scavenger hunt, right now the leading team only has about 3 materials, so don't worry about starting too far behind.  We all should be able to get some good things if we all work at it.  Plus you get to keep what you pick up and have fun doing it! he said with a smile to the newer players, trying to keep the peace.  Though I hope there aren't any more duels today... I didn't even see what had started that.  And I am sorry I didn't jump in- I thought they had agreed to a half duel, not a full blown one... sorry.

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Novafire? Hey, I kinda did receive your message. Well, here I am.  I am that H3LL0 guy. I'm guessing that it was for this particaular game you just stated, yes?" 

Ell turned around to introduce himself. He tried to be cool, because first impressions do count. But when he started to talk, he got all nervous and lost his confidence.

"Hello, uhh... That's my user name... Uhh... Ell, please call me that. Call me Ell." He said as he bowed nervously.

What a drag, instead of cool, I sound like a goodie goodie kiddo in Fourth Grade. He thought.

"I am not the best at gathering, but I would be happy to be in anyone's team, just don't expect me to gather much though." 

He then continued to a nearby tree, and sat down. Just being around alot of people made him tired.

"I  am here in case anyone needs me." 

He tried to search the tree for materials.

ID: 94232 Result: 12 -Fail

He found none.

"What did you expect? Of course you have rotten luck." He said to himself.

Edited by H3LL0

Tsu perked up a little bit when Ben said that the leading team had only about 3 materials. It wasn't too big of a lead, so Tsu still had a slight shot at catching up. Ben said it was good to see smiles, and Tsu nodded in agreement. "Yeah, smiles just give a good feeling to a lot of people. Seeing people smile gives me a little hope myself, ribbit. No need to apologize for the whole duel thing, you didn't start it." Tsu said, giving a quick thumbs up and walking away.

Tsu was about to walk back off into the woods to search for more materials when she heard Ell introduced himself nervously, insisting on being called Ell. He walked off and sat down, Tsu followed Ell and sat down beside him. She didn't see any materials, so she just looked at Ell with a small smile. "You have no luck either it looks like, Ell. It's fine to be precise about what people call you, it's the same here. Just call me Tsu, ribbit."

ID: 94233 LD: 5 (Nothing)

@H3LL0

Edited by Froppy

Novafire responded to Tsu first: Please, call me Nova. Nova said in a comforting and friendly voice. Glad to see that you want to join us, um, lets see there is... 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9... Ten including me. So if there is three teams, three people per team to make it fair. My team is full, so is the other. Leaving the team that only had one person. Outlander's. So, I guess you'll be joining his, along with H3LLO. I just realized we might need another team... Nova's thoughts were interupted by a kind voice.

@Froppy

"Thank you so much for that, I was actually about to intervene myself, although in a more reckless manner... I just don't understand why so many players would just stand and watch players kill one another. I certainly won't stand for it. Oh, where are my manners? I've forgotten to introduce myself! I'm Krysta."

Hello Krysta! I'm Nova, but I'm sure you already knew that. Nova smiled. Glad to see I wasn't going alone there, I didn't think anyone would do anything, which is why I took it into my hands. To think If I'd waited a few more seconds the whole situation would be different. @Krysta That was when she heard H3LLO. Sorry Krysta, I need to talk to someone really quick. Bye bye. Walked over to him. H3LLO! Glad you could make it, we do need you by the way, your going to be on Outlander's team. Mostly because the other teams are full, and everyone is moving around, so if I mess up on my counting, don't blame me... Nova laughed a little. ...your also going to be Teammates with Tsu over there. Nova points at Froppy (AKA Tsu). May the best team win! She said with a smile. @H3LL0

She walked to the center of the group. Alright, am I missing anyone? Nova looks over the crowd.

Edited by Novafire

Ben tried to keep up with Nova's fast counting... but couldn't He was pretty sure that she forgot to add someone to their team, but he really didn't mind.  Either way he continued to search around as he talked.  His priority was just finding things, not the scavenger hunt anyways. 

Spoiler

Gathering roll ID 94235
Loot die 9, nothing

Well, Tsu, I'm glad you're getting in the spirit of things!  Good luck to you and H3ll0 in the game, and hope you guys can find some good things to craft with.  I know I'm always running out really quickly. 

Oh, and Nova, you should check out if there are any treasure chests in the area too!  That new item you got makes it easier for you to find stuff like that, right?  I think it would be an excellent time to put it to use! he said with a laugh and a smile.  Actually now that he thought about it, if he got Nova going on the hunt too, they might win the scavenger hunt just the two of them!

"

"Lets see... did you forget about Tressa? I know I did, I though she was Tressa for a minute." Outlander said as he pointed at Krysta. "Or Gwydion? Or anyone? I have no idea which teams are which anymore. Except for my team, I was told who they were a minute ago..." Outlander chuckled "Ok, lets get this over with, I have some, uh, "Unfinished Business" I need to take care of. **cough** @The Dark Knight **cough** Ahem, sorry, I think there is something stuck in my throat." Outlander said looking around for materials, and making sure the Dark Knight wasn't still there.

ID# 94240 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 5

Loot: 13 + 1 = 14 Noooo Fail 

MOB: 3

"Nothing..." He listen to everyone elses conversations, his only thought was if only closed minds came with closed mouths. He laughed under his breath. He leaned his back against a tree then he spoke: "Another fine day, ruined by responsibility." Outlander said looking at the ground, noticing how HD it really was.

Edited by Outlander

(OOC: Listen EVERYONE must read the second paragraph on this post to know what team your on, if I didn't mention you, then join any team.)

Good Idea Ben! Remembering her outift adds + 2 Loot. This could really help! She smiled as she looked at Benjamin, who was smiling back. We could search over there first... She points to a well-lit and dense area of the forest. ...I think thats were we would find the most material. Because its so dense and in one place. She puts her hands together. You get started, I'll meet you there, I need to tell who is on who's team for the rest of the players... feels like before doesn't it? She smiled remembering when she told Ben to meet her there when she was done doing something. 

Ok, listen up! She said this loud enough for everyone to hear and stop there conversations. Here are the teams, I even gave them cool names! She smiled. Team December, is Outlander, Froppy or Tsu, and H3LLO. Team Oregon, is Gwydion, Tressa,  and Krysta. Finally, Gold Team is Me, Benjamin Bookworm, and Vigilon. If you didn't hear your name, just join a team, it doesn't matter. She smiled again. May the best team win! She ran signaling Viglion to follow toward were she told Ben to meet her.

Edited by Novafire

Ben gave Nova a thumbs up before he began heading off to the forest, looking around to try and find Vigilon out here.  He walked over to him and waved when he spotted him.  Hey there Vigilon, do you want to try and find some ore while I start searching for herbs?  Since we both use different kinds of materials, it should go faster if we work together.  Or at least I think it does- not really sure about the rules for gathering quite yet.  Ben said as he looked over at the other groups that were forming up.  He wondered about what kinds of things everyone would be making with what they got. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID - 94252
Loot roll 6 - nothing

Unfortunately, he still hadn't found anything else yet... this is starting to become like his other gathering quests he did.  All bad luck all the time, it seemed.  And those never seemed to go well for him *sigh*

"Well, looks like you two are stuck with me." Outlander said sarcastically. "Trust me, I'm not nessacarily excited about it either. But, we can win this, I'm not good with advice, but may I offer a sarcastic comment?" Outlander chuckled "Well, I guess the first part was a lie, but hey, trial and error, like, a lot of error, a sh!#load of error..." Outlander said looking around once again for more materials, hoping he is lucky...

ID# 94249 results:

Battle: 9

Craft: 9

Loot: 6 Fail

MOB: 3

"Really? Are you f#@king kidding me?" Outlander said irrated "What is this? The 5th one I checked?" **Starts twitching his eye and fingers** "Sorry, I ran out of coffee this morning, I need caffeine to maintain my "Haven't killed anyone streak"." He smiled, then he rubbed his eyes and murmured. "God, I need more caffeine..." Outlander looked up, he was really getting tired. He was widening his eyes as much as he could, he didn't want to pass out next to some strangers. 

@Froppy @H3LL0

Edited by Outlander

Tsu nodded when Novafire told her to simply call her Nova. How convienent too that she ended up being a team with Outlander and Ell. Ben had also told her that he hoped they found some good stuff. "Well, I don't really plan on crafting. It's more or less just for payment to shops. I like to support the crafters and ease up their loads, since they seem to run out a lot, ribbit." Tsu explained, before walking back over to Outlander and Ell.

Tsu listened to Nova announced the teams and winced a little when Niva referred to her as Froppy. "Just call me Tsu." Tsu muttered before turning her attention back to her team mates. Outlander spat out another one of his usual sarcastic comments and Tsu sighed. "You don't need to be sarcastic to be funny. But I suggest we head out inti the woods, preferably not the direction we came, that way we can find more materials." Tsu suggested, heading towards the shade of the trees. "Don't worry about getting caffeine, it will slow you down even more, ribbit." Tsu commented, looking around the clearing one last time, but finding no materials.

ID: 94256 LD: 7 (Nothing)

@Outlander @H3LL0

Edited by Froppy

Nova soon called for the players' attention, and then stated the teams officially. "Gold team, huh? Sounds good." "Like the outcome of this little competition if things keep going the way they are right now...I shouldn't get cocky, and there are chances for everyone." From what it seemed, the trio was moving into a dense portion of the forest. Should be plenty of undergrowth to look through. Benjamin thought that the work might go faster due to the fact that they used different materials. Vigilon smiled and said, "I know what you mean, but the only problem is that searching is very hit or miss. Plenty of actions seem to be up to lady luck in this game, if you ask me." Vigilon was also thinking about the possible outcomes of this competition. "I can get to know, and hopefully befriend the two other members of the Gold team, Krysta can befriend the members of team Oregon, and after all this is over, Krysta and I might be able to get to know team December. The more friends we have, the better! Besides, I can't have many allies willing to stand by Krysta and I in a Guild if we aren't friends with them first." Vigilon was ready to make his search. Vigilon found something half buried in the ground. It took all his strength to remove it from the ground, but the momentum caused whatever it was to fly out of his hands and into somewhere else in the forest, leaving Vigilon just standing there half shocked, wondering where his streak of luck went, which ended during his previous search.

@Novafire @Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 94258 LD: 8+1=9(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon

At the failed attempt to gather some materials, Ell knew he had no chance of winning anything. Seconds later, another player approached him. He tried his best to hide it but Ell never was good with girls this close to him. She introduced herself as Tsu.

"Well at least we have that in common." Ell wanted to say more but he was too nervous.

But seriously though ribbit? Oh... She's one of those people who likes to role play, like Gwydion does. Ell thought.

Nova then announced the teams, he was grouped with Outlander, and the girl nearby, Tsu.

Ell followed them to the forest quietly, he didn't know how to start a conversation with these kind of people.

He also tried to look for some materials inside bushes, but he had no luck.

ID: 94268 Result: LD =3 -Fail

"Hey Outlander, was gathering out of combat ever part of the rules? I mean, if it's just who has the most materials maybe... I mean with your combat skills... And as to how get the monsters maybe you could try to be sarcastic and noisy... Maybe you'll attract some."

Edited by H3LL0

@Outlander @H3LL0, @Froppy, @Benjamin Bookworm, @Novafire @The Dark Knight, @Gwydion, @Tressa

IMPORTANT OOC NOTE: This is a friendly reminder to check all your posts if they meet the 150 word minimum for your posts. If your posts are OK: Great job, keep going. If they are too short: Please fluff them up a little bit and you'll be fine.

Thanks to his grandmastered Hiding skill it was an easy feat to sneak up at Hidden who was seemingly observing the gathering some low leveled players. Seeing the notification pop up in his hood and looking at his guild list where Hiddens current floor location was marked, it was was not hard to piece one and one together. As always she was accompanied with her friend/dog/servant/whatever Blackshade.

He silently took the free space besides Hidden in a manner that even the master of shadows himself would have been proud of, and greeted her. "Hey there. Seeing you are having some fun here?" he told the hooded woman in a low voice putting his finger in front of his mouth to signal her to stay silent, in case she would make any signs of freaking out. "Anything interesting happened up until now?" he then asked referring to the low laugh he had heard earlier before he made his presence known, while readjusting the katana that was strapped at the back of his hip. It would take some time before he would be getting used again at carrying a weapon with him all the time...

@Hidden

"Number one, don't be sarcastic? Don't be- do you have any Idea what you just asked me to do?" Outlander stated "Look a day without sarcasm is- Never mind, I'll tell you when it happens. The way I see it, sarcasm exists, because murder charges are too expensive." Outlander said grining, may his sarcasm never end. "Number two, I'm not actually funny, I'm just mean and people think I'm joking. Alright..." Outlander went up to a bush. He always had been good with conversation, most conversation actually,  he knew a little bit of everything. He looked for herbs on the bush.

ID# 94272 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 2

Loot: 10 Fail

MOB: 8

"Really?! I just can't win can I?" Outlander sighs, then proceeds to do a facepalm. "I've come to a point in life were I need a stronger word then f#@k." Outlander sighes once again, dragging his hand of his face slowly.

@Froppy

He listened to H3LLO's Idea. "Sarcastic and Noisy? I need that on a T-shirt. Also your idea is better then stealing, which, in case anyone asks was not my idea." Outlander grinned, "Alright, lets do it. Unless of course Froppy has anything to say about it..." Outlander looked at Froppy, waiting for a response.

@H3LL0

Edited by Outlander

Ben nodded at Vigilon's analysis.  Yea, until you start getting the skills and gear to back it up, It's basically luck on how much you find.  Once you get some good looting gear and the searching and gathering skills though, you more than double your Chances of finding things.  And That's without the temporary buffs added in.  I'm planning to max out those skills once I have the xp for it and be able to gather enough to get my full run of crafting in every day.

Tau, I'm glad you want to support the crafters like that.  I don't suppose you're seeking out any special items I could help with, or just seeing what's there? Ben asked as he continued to search for more materials for his team, though his initial streak of luck seems to have come to an end.  At least it would make the competition interesting now, he thought to himself as he moved on.

Spoiler

Gathering roll 94275

Loot die 2

Tsu shook her head when Ben asked if she was looking for special items. "No, just looking for mats. Even if I don't give them away immediately, I just stock pile on them. I don't exactly need special items yet, ribbit" Tsu said to him before she moved on and turned her attention to back to Outlander and Ell.

Even if Ell was trying to hide it, Tsu could tell that she was making him a bit nervous. "I'm making you nervous aren't I? Sorry, I'll back off, ribbit." Tsu apologized as she took a few steps back away from him as they walked through the woods. Outlander said that he always needed sarcasm and Tsu laughed a little bit. When Ell suggested combat to get materials, Tsu shrugged her shoulders. "You two can fight monsters, and I'll just keep searching the bushes, ribbit. Also Outlander, just call me Tsu." Tsu said, searching a bush, but finding nothing.

ID: 94293 LD: 4

@H3LL0 @Outlander

Edited by Froppy

"Got it" Outlander said looking around. "Tsu." Outlander said looking under a bush. He thought about being sarcastic and Noisy to draw in monsters, I thought you needed a 'Hate' skill to do that or at least something similar to that. 

ID# 94296 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 4

Loot: 4.  Fail

MOB: 9 

Outlander was getting pretty tired of his misfortune, he could use a drink, he knows he is underaged for that but he really doesn't care. "Alright, so I know Tsu's national is asain." Outlander saids sitting up. "I'm American, and H3LLO is, um, what nationally are you? Because if I'm right, this might be an international server, which makes it interesting." Outlander looks at H3LLO. You gotta know your team right? Mind as well start here, dispite the fact it looked like H3LLO was nervous around girls, Outlander doesn't usually have that problem. Does he like Tsu? Not his business, He couldn't care less, there was a reason for this. Outlander thought about it for a second, If I were to hook up with any of the girls here, I would definitely go with Nova... Outlander snapped out of the drama, there is certainly no need for it in a death game like this, he asked again. "Well? Where are you from?"

@H3LL0 @Froppy

Edited by Outlander

I don't think that we have multiple servers, Outlander.  We're all just stuck in the one big death game together.  Plus, I don't think you can even assume nationality from how people talk any more, with so many taking on different personalities when they log on.  Ben replied to the overheard conversation.  He didn't want to be rude and interrupt, but he had others take offense when he made those assumptions himself. 

So I have heard a few people talking about guilds, actually.  I had been thinking about seeing what kinds were out there.  Both 'cause I want to have some other friends to help out on quests, and because you get just so many good buffs from being part of one.  I don't suppose any of you guys have been part of a guild, or could tell me what it's like? he asked to the group, trying to see what people's thoughts were on the subject.

Spoiler

gathering roll ID - 94299
Loot die 3, nothing

Nova was happy to know that she wasn't alone. She soon called for the players' attention, to then speak of the different teams. Krysta was assigned to team Oregon practically by default. After all, she had already joined her teammates before the scene unfolded. It was official now, and she got to start off with one material, which she had found on her way to the event. Hopefully, she would be able to befriend her teammates. She walked over to her team. "Well then, we are officially a team now! Team Oregon for the win!" She said, hoping to boost her teammates' confidence and mood. She looked at the various directions where they could go. There seems to be a fair amount of density near that pond over there. Why don't we have a look?" She headed over to the said area, gesturing for her teammates to follow. She started by looking under a bush, but there was nothing there. "Well, there could always be more, so I'm not stopping here. We can search this area thoroughly, finding anything useful in sight!"

@Gwydion @Tressa

ID# 94302 LD: 2(Failed)

Materials Found: 1

Edited by Krysta

Gwydion returned and found his group when he heard Nova's declaration. Krysta led them to a quaint little pond, nestled in a groove in the terrain. Gwydion yawned and lazed to a bush, then took his blade and cut its top off. Inside, he found...

(94303 - LD 6, Fail)

A whole bunch of sticks. Leaves, too. Not that he expected much else. Actually, Gwydion was coming to learn that nobody in this world had much luck with gathering.

He pretended to wander where Krysta was looking under a bush and intensely examined a mushroom growing from a tree.

Poking at the mushroom, he said casually: "What path led you here? Were there any sharp turns that I might be wary of in my own life? In other words, have you advice?"

Wow. That wasn't very casual. Come on, remember El's advice.

"...You know, for picking plants. Thorns? And, uh, where... what sort of tracks do beasts have? Because they eat plants."

Edited by Gwydion