[OP-F1] Tresure Hunting

(OOC: @Benjamin Bookworm you weren't speaking of me, were you? When I make Vigilon's words(Shown in this color), I leave the style alone for words said aloud, but I have them in italic only when Vigilon is thinking to himself. Nobody is hearing any of those words.)

Benjamin agreed with Vigilon's analysis of the situation. When Vigilon got over the minor shock, he was able to notice how close the Gold team and team December were, primarily judging by the fact that they could hear one another fairly clearly, not that he would be one to eavesdrop, seeing as he actually had no clue what their conversation even was. Benjamin began to ask about Guilds. "Well, if it's a chance, I'll take it." He thought about what to say, then said, "I haven't actually been in a Guild, but I am trying to start one myself. Right now, I'm thinking of prioritizing giving the players a chance to rise in this game, so to speak. To grow stronger, to survive, and to help one another. I intend to call my Guild the Rising Dragons." As he explained this to Benjamin, he looked for materials yet again. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be anything around. This would be a time where having more loot items, or even the gatherer skill, could have been handy.

ID# 94305 LD: 3+1=4(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nova was running toward her teammates. Hey guys! Sorry I took so long, its difficult to move in a forest like this with a winter jacket and skirt. She bent over facing her team members, she was out of breath. Did- Did you guys find anything yet? She said trying to regain control of her breathing. I didn't, or at least I don't remember, Its hard to think when tired... She giggles a little. I haven't found anything yet. She straightens herself, he breathing steadier then when she arrived. Oh, Vigilon, you probably didn't know this but, my current outfit adds +2 Loot. Cool right? I had it custom made and everything! Nova laughs. See, watch... She ducks and walks into a dense patch of vegetation, disappearing from sight completely.

ID# 94304 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 2

Loot: 2 Fail

MOB: 2

Um, theres nothing in here. Nova says slightly embarrassed that she didn't get what she said she would get immediately after saying it. Then she wanted to get to know Vigilon, see what he was like. So, you and Krysta know eachother? She really could have worded it better, it almost sound like she was jealous, but she just wanted to get to know a hopefully, future friend.

@Vigilon  @Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Novafire

"Asian, definitely from Asia somewhere from the South East." Ell knew he shouldn't be telling them about stuff in real life, but maybe just the location was okay. 

After that, Ell walked away from Outlander blushing. 

He then mumbled something along the lines of:

"Why the hell can't people understand I wanna be called Ell... My username is such a mistake... What a drag... That was my idea of a joke... Saying you're sarcastic and noisy enough to cause trouble... I am such a failure... I can't believe you believe what that NPC said... It was just a script to make up for the "No log out bug." This ain't no death game..."

He continued to walk farther from Outlander and Tsu, deeper into the forest. 

Ell later then tripped and fell. He looked at what he tripped over. It was a crystal-like thing, but when he tried to pull it out. It broke into shards and the shards disappeared with the wind. (OOC: Kinda like when an item's durability goes to 0.)

ID: 94327 Result: LD =6 -Fail

Edited by H3LL0

Outlander watched as H3LLO walked off, hearing him mumble something. What a drag? What dilect is that? He waited untill Ell left, then said. "He has a real b#ne£ for that word, doesn't he?" Outlander chuckled turning to Tsu. "So, whats your story?" Outlander said clear as day, he wanted to get to know his team mates. "All I know is that your from China or something, and that you make frog sounds everywhere you go. Yeah, what's that suppose to be?" Outlander was confused, he doesn't reuse his lines, but he now knows two people who do. "Do you do that for a reason or what?" He looked up in the trees for something to havest, he picked something off the tree, he was fine with whatever it was as long as its a material.

ce Roller

Posting from 160.3.187.129

Refresh Forms

ID# 94329 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 6

Loot: 15 FINALLY THIS GAME IS NOT RIGED! 100%

MOB: 2

Tsu watched Ell get up and walk away in not the best attitude. He seemed fed up with so many people calling him H3LLO, instead of Ell. Tsu wanted to get up and say something, but she figured it would be better to let him cool off for a little bit.

Tsu turned back to Outlander when he started talking to her, asking for her story and why she made frog sounds. "Well, I'm not from China, I'm from Japan as a matter of fact, ribbit. As for the frog sounds that I make, it's just that I have throat problems. Instead of choking constantly, I just make frog sounds. Better than choking am I right? ribbit." Tsu answered, searching all around where she was sitting for materials, but found nothing. Tsu saw Ell in the distance and waved over to him. "Are you okay Ell?" Tsu called out, just to make sure he was alright.

ID: 94335 LD: 14 (Nothing)

@Outlander @H3LL0

Edited by Froppy

OOC: Sorry VIgilon, I misunderstood your nomenclature there

Ben was kind of concerned about Ell walking off like that... he didn't really know what kinds of nicknames he liked, and hoped he wasn't off sulking... but Tsu was making sure he was fine, so he probably should let them talk themselves.  Instead, he poked Nova in her side, trying to get her attention.  Hey Nova, make sure you check once or twice around here for any treasure chests.  Since you're the one with the loot drop boosting items, I think you would be the one with the best chance of finding anything.  There won't be much in anything we find on the first floor, but they might have come useful consumables. 

He kept helping out the search for more materials as he talked, but each of the bushes that he went through seemed to be picked clean already.  He wasn't finding anything new no matter how many of them he shook down.  He just hoped he wasn't searching bushes that were already looked in. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID - 94353
Loot die 9

"I'm alright. Don't worry about me." Ell said as he gaver her a thumbs up and a smile.

Oh no, they must think I'm weird. He thought as he walked deeper into the forest, blushing.

"Okay, high level areas, equals better loot. Same game logic." He told himself.

He then tried to look for some materials alone. That way, he was calm, away from the random strangers he had just met. Ell looked inside a bush in the hopes of finding something.

ID: 94537 Result: LD =18 -Success

Ell found something silver. He tried to take it amd when he picked it up, he realised it was a Silver Flower.

"That is enough." Ell said as he transfered the Silver Flower to his inventory. 

Ell then proceeded to a nearby tree. He lied down under it and closed his eyes. "That's more like it."

He then drifted away to sleep. He had a deep sleep that just a strong physical stimulus might be the only way to wake him up. Not even the slightest noise would do it, unless of course that noise is so loud it would make him deaf, he would definitely wake up.

(OOC: Going to be out for a while. But I'll try my best to still reply often.)

Edited by H3LL0

Outlander began wnadering the woods for some Materials, he ended up walking across Ell. "Looks like he is out cold. There isn't qny monsters nearby so leaving him should be fine, I'll leave him a message to wake up to later." Outlander said looking around, looks like its getting foggy. This, this could be a problem." He heard Ben and Nova in the distance he decided to shout: "Any luck over there?" He waited for a response, but there was none, it was just Team December. It was quiet, too quiet.  He opened his menu as Tsu walked in, Outlander didn't see her. Well, untill she spoke, which made Outlander jump, he thought he and Ell were the only ones nearby. "Well, did you find anything, it seems Ell is out cold and I'm half tempted to slap him, so far I only found one item." Outlander plucked another herb from the tree he spotted Immediately after saying it. "Check that, heres another..." Outlander throws the herb at Tsu, who managed to catch it. "So, if no one gained any materials, we would be in second place. We might actually win this." Outlander said looking at Tsu. "However this fog will be a problem..."

(OOC: Visibility -1/Stealth +1 due to fog.)

ID# 94360 results:

Loot:17

Edited by Outlander

Yea, higher level floors have some better loot.  But most crafting material tiers only change every ten floors or so... it's treasure chests and sub-dungeons that you have to worry about exactly what floor you are on.  You really need to wait until you get up to floor 5 or so for them to be worth much.  Ben said to Ell before he headed off for a nap.  That guy looked really stressed... maybe being on his ow for a bit would help out. 

He stayed away from the foggy area that Outlander was looking in, heading over to the more clear areas that Nova and he were looking around.  You might have better luck if you didn't crawl all the way into the bushes like that.  It wouldn't be the first time that you got yourself stuck inside of a bush doing something like that.  Unless you want to get a laugh out of everyone. 

Nova was looking for Materials when Ben was talking to her, when he mentioned getting stuck in a bush, her reaction was. W-What! Don't say that out loud! Its embarrassing... She said blushing and looking toward the floor. Also, its not a joke, it hurt... She said this rubbing her head, where a large branch had hit her in the past. Then she looked at Ben. It was strange, for around thirty seconds there was an odd silence. Then she looked up and smiled. Well, we shouldn't focus on what could go wrong... She put her hands together, and said happily. We should focus on what could go right!  Nova smiled and tilted her head. Lets go get some materials! She began walking toward another bush. She got on her knees, reached in, and...

She got one! It was a bright purple fruit with yellow spots on it. I found one! She said enthusiastically. See look! She held up the strange bright fruit. Its shape was a little odd, kinda like a diamond. Even its name was "Purple Diamond."

Team Gold score: 3 (+1)

ID# 94369 results:

Loot: 14

Vigilon knew he'd have to step up his game in this search, otherwise the other teams would catch up quickly. Nova wondered if Vigilon and Benjamin found anything. "Well, before my streak of finding things was broken, I'd found about two materials." She then spoke of her outfit, saying it granted her a +2 bonus to loot. "Nice! That'll come in handy." She then asked if He and Krysta knew each other. "Well, we haven't met in real life, but we do know each other in this game. I'd say we're fairly good friends." Vigilon didn't have as many friends as most people did, and not many of them were not very lasting friendships, making each and every one valuable to him. Nova began poking through a bush and found an odd fruit. Veriost woke up, sniffing the air. "I don't know what Veriost is thinking right now, but you might want to place that in your inventory just in case she proves to be a liability regarding that fruit." He then returned to searching. He began looking through the neighboring bush and found nothing. His streak of finding things may as well have become a streak of failing to find things. Lady luck must be absolutely fickle. Then again, luck never existed until there was RPGs.

@Novafire @Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 94374 LD: 5+1=6(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon

Ben laughed as Nova's enthusiastic outburst.  She tended to make even something as slow as looking for materials exciting.  I'm just kidding around, and besides, we all learned something from it, right?  Ha ha... but anyways, I'm up to three materials myself.  Mostly herbs, I guess I never really looked at what each of them were.  I wonder if it makes a difference?  I've never run into trouble carrying around a bunch before, but I suppose I haven't been looking for it. 

He then bent down to another bush in the cluster that Nova had pointed out, digging his way through it and plucking out an odd shaped root.  And that's four so far now.  I guess I'm getting a bit lucky today!  This is almost enough for a full day's worth of crafting... man I need to find a way to get materials faster if I ever want to craft every day. 

Spoiler

gathering roll - ID 94378
Loot die 19 - material found (4 total)

Tsu just was following Outlander dilligently now, not really knowing this area if the woods. She figured he did, so Tsu trusted his sense of direction. They came across Ell asleep, and Tsu giggled a little bit upon seeing him. "Ell looks so cute asleep, but I guess anyone looks cute asleep honestly, ribbit. Don't slap him Outlander, just let him get some rest. He already found that flower, so that puts us at three materials, ribbit." Tsu said, opening her menu and taking out a basket. She put the herbs that Outlander had tossed to her in the basket and just walked by his side as they continued into the fog.

The fog made it a little harder to see, so Tsu focused on the bushes that went above the ground. "We'll wake Ell up when come back, so it's just the two of us now, ribbit. I have a basket with me right now, so if you find anything, just put it in there, ribbit." Tsu said, looking through the bushes with one hand and holding the basket with the other. She picked out another herb and put it in the basket. "That's four herbs now. Let's keep this up, ribbit." Tsu said, looking up at Outlander with a smile.

ID: 94389 LD: 17 (Found)

Team December Score: 4 (+1)

@Outlander @H3LL0

Edited by Froppy

Hidden was watching closely, awaiting the fight. A voice, unlike Blackshade, was heard from behind her. She quickly struck, her blade stopping inches before his chest. "You?" Blackshade turned, the man's face paling. He always had this reaction around Aereth, but nobody else. It never made any sense to her. "What' going on?" Instead of answering her question, he asked her the same. "I think a serious low-level duel is about to occur. We have our two wanna-be tough guys, one dressed in black armor, the other just a sarcastic smart mouth. So far, I'm not personally liking either. I think the other players are all just searching for some materials." Umbra the shadow fox made an appearance before them, finding interest in Aereth. Of course the fox was unsurprised of his presence as he had gone through with the shadows with the hide skill. Umbra, was literally made from the stuff so she stuck around mostly at night. She sat there, watching the groups of players begin a mad hunt for materials, it appearing one of the fighters chickening off the other, and the other boasting. "Well, there goes my entertainment. What have you been up to lately? Get yourself into any more trouble? You seem to find it rather easily!" 

@Aereth

Not even slightly bothered by the blade inches in front of his chest the brunette waited for her to remove the thread while greeting the other guy with her. "Yo." he simply said and continued listening to the hooded girl. "Wanna try to see if avatars can sh*t themselves?" he asked in a teasing voice. "They won't even know where to run if we would just jump in between them.

Finally noticing the fox finding some interest into him, he extended his hand in an offer to pet the shadow fox. "Seriously. Jokes aside, my info brokers informed me that Laughing Coffin activity has increased again. They would be pretty f*cked if they were to run into one of them..." Aereth mused.

"Wouldn't have been fun anyways, since I doubt it would have been a full loss duel... And I've been pretty meh..." he said thinking about what happened in the last couple of days. "Just don't make me think of it..."

@Hidden

Her team was falling far behind! She had to find something! She needed a streak of finding or something of the like! It certainly would have helped if she had an item or consumable that would help with searching. Gwydion asked about what Krysta guessed was about searching. "Advice for searching? Well, items like typical clothing, trinkets, even snacks and desserts can help with searching. Materials of various sorts can be found anywhere outside the safe zone, unless you're in an owned building. Finally, someone once told me that searching, attacking, crafting, and other things all come in rates. Think of rolling dice in Dungeons & Dragons." A fog began to roll in nearby. Krysta hoped it wouldn't interfere with the search. She found a patch of undergrowth that seemed like it had something in it. She began moving her hand through it, but there turned out to be nothing at all. "You could easily say we now have a streak of unlucky rolls." She almost grimaced. "Reminds me of why I quit playing that game... It may have just been the dice, but still..."

@Gwydion @Tressa

ID# 94424 LD: 6(Failed)

Edited by Krysta

"Dungeons and Dragons... Now that name I remember. Used to play a fighter. A real nobleman." He plunged his hand underwater. "All good things must come to an end, I suppose; my group shattered when we graduated. And here I am trapped in its spawn."

Gwydion fished about, hand groping in the depths.

(94430 - LD 19, Success)

He grabbed something slimy. Disgusted but hopeful, Gwydion yanked it out, sending a spray of water over anyone near him. "My bad!"

It was a strange tube like celery but smelling of fish and with a thick slime coating. He scrunched his nose and tossed it up, but it entered his inventory.

"Is this really determined by dice? I sure think I'm finding these things myself, but... I suppose if a system ran in the background, it could make potential materials disappear before I found them, or gently shift my movements to cause a fumble that destroys them. It's troubling to consider, don't you think? That our success is determined by dice? This is a game and all, but..."

@Tressa @Krysta

Edited by Gwydion

Ben was fishing about the bushes once more, listening in to the conversations around him.  I don't know, maybe they use some sort of algorithm or roll of chance whenever you inspect a place that might have materials to decide if there is something to be found or not.  I think a lot of games use hidden mechanics like that to tilt the odds and make it more exciting.  Huh.  Actually thinking that the game is moving around the odds without us noticing is really scary.  Especially if it ever tilts the odds against us.  I guess it would be like an evil GM messing with us for their own perverse pleasure.  he said as, with great effort, he pulled another blob of leaves out from there.  Upon inspection, it showed that these were called 'silver leaves'.  Another point for his team, at least, even if he didn't know what the thing did.

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 94431
Loot die 16 - success, 5th material found

Dazia was hoping she wouldn't end up finding nothing today. She began walking deeper into the forest, her new friend walking close behind. "You think we'll find anything, Dazia?" Dazia stopped for a minute. "I'm not sure, Yinangi, right now I'm hearing voices, probably by some players. If we're going to find any materials here, we should do it before they're all gone..." She continued on, and soon spotted some players standing in a fog, searching, even though the fog would just end up getting in your way. She pulled up the hood on her cloak, and began slowly walking up to the players in that area. "*snicker* is one of them asleep?" Dazia stopped almost immediately. She whispered to Yinangi, "I'm not sure who to trust, or even approach at the moment. Just...stay silent for at least a minute or two." "I...guess I could do that..." Dazia turned around to approach the male player who was awake.

@Outlander @Froppy @H3LL0

"Well, well, well..." Outlander said curiously. "What do we have here?" Outlander smiled. "The name is Outlander, professional bounty hunter, mercenary, and sarcastic $#hole." Outlander turned around and pointed at Tsu. "Thats Froppy, but she apparently goes by the name Tsu." He looked back at the strange girls way. "And sleeping beauty over there is H3LLO, no joke, thats his name. He prefers to be called Ell though, not as catchy..." Outlander looked around him, looking into the fog. Then looked at the strange girl, who seemed to have someone with her, he'd never seen people walk in already with a friend now, he wasn't much of friendly person either. "Almost forgot, your name please?"

@Dazia @Froppy @H3LL0

Edited by Outlander